Mr. Ex

By uwayabee

Working with a famous idol group is probably every fan's dream job. Except when you find out one of the membe... More

1. Paths
2. Reunion
3. The Breakup
4. The Members
5. Forgiveness
6. Him & Her
7. Accident
8. Someone like Him
9. Cresent Moon
10. Fanmeeting
11. Jealousy
12. Ex
13. Argument
14. Pretty U
15. Glad
16. Displeased
17. Realization
18. Paris
19. Confession
20. Truth
21. Clarification
22. Scolded
23. Winter
25. Ego
26. Uncaged
27. Unspoken Words
28. Mr. Kim
29. Warning
30. 30 Days
31. Time Travel
32. Home
33. Talk
34. Watch Out
35. The Trio
36. If Only
37. His Home
38. Start Over
39. Together
40. Now & Forever
[100K Special] Mr. Boyfriend
[SEQUEL] Mr. Fiancé

24. Falling

7.1K 262 93
By uwayabee

🎵 tiger jk - reset

Surprisingly the wind is not that strong on top of the gold zone. The five of you are already wearing ski masks and goggles to prevent anything from getting in your eyes or nose when you slide later. From above, it actually doesn't look that bad, you wonder if you should've gone to the rainbow zone.

"Safety first, don't do anything stupid." Your words are a little bit muffled by the mask but still clear enough to be heard.

"You hear that?" Minghao pointed his ski pole at Mingyu.

"Ah, whyyyy? Why is it always me?" Mingyu pointed his ski pole back at Minghao.

You then place your boot on the ski surface - in the binding, making sure the front is pressed against the toe piece properly before locking the heel into the rail until you hear a click. The fact that you haven't done it in years but still manage to do it without fail boosts your confidence.

"Ah, no, no. Come here." While waiting for the others, you motioned for Mingyu to come closer, you noticed his boot straps were too tight around his ankles.

"If you tie it this tight it will cut off your blood flow. Give it some room for circulation." You bend your body down to help him adjust the straps.

"I seeee." He look way too impressed, "Sheeeesh, I'm so nervous all of a sudden."

"Just in case you're going to fall, just fall like a baby." You tapped Mingyu on the shoulder as you two walked carefully towards the ledge, "Don't be so tense or it will hurt more."

"It hurts? Ouch, it hurts!" Mingyu's eyes widened behind his goggle. He looked like he was going to punch the person who pinched him--but backed away when it was Jeonghan.

"A pinch hurts, of course falling down hurts too." Jeonghan said while still laughing at Mingyu's reaction.

"Just go slowly, I'll go down together with you." Minghao handed Mingyu his ski poles. You can almost see Mingyu's invincible golden retriever tail wagging as he look deeply touched.

Both of them finally slid down first. From above you notice their relatively stable speed. Mingyu almost fell but thank god he managed to regain his balance. Jeonghan seemed to be very proud of them, he kept making comments like: Oooh nice, nice. Once they are almost arrived at the bottom, then you are ready to slide.

"You want to check it out first?" You pointed at Rena's skis just as she was about to go down.

She looked at her skis thoroughly on both sides, even moving her feet to check if the boots were comfortable enough.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked while looking at you and her skis back and forth.

You shrug, "I don't know. Sounds kinda off to me." Upon seeing Rena examine it one more time, you become unsure of yourself, guessing maybe you misheard it.

"Okay. Ready...." Jeonghan count to three, "Go."

Rena slides faster in the first few seconds. Occasionally she sways right and left followed by Jeonghan who started late but much faster than both of you. He purposely slowed down when he saw that the snow had an uneven surface, he signaled to the two of you by pointing to the right side.

Just when you're about to come head to head with Rena, she speeds up again.

You are right behind her when suddenly her movements seem unstable. Turns out your bad feeling was right. Her skis weren't properly attached to her boots. Sliding in high speed on uneven surface only loosens it even more. In just a matter of time her left ski suddenly become unattached and she lost her balance.

It's almost impossible to suddenly reduce your speed to zero, but if you don't stop, your skis will hit her and surely injure her. Rena fell sideways with her side first and rolled hard on the snow until she lay motionless. You reflexively change direction to avoid running over her, accidentally throwing your body off the sliding path.

"Holy shit!"

Jeonghan's voice mixed with the screams of other people could be heard from a distance while your body was still rolling down the hill, bumping into chopped tree trunks here and there. Your skis snapped in half, your goggles cracked and the trunk ripped through the fabric of your coat.

"Fuck..!" You cried when your head hits a larger trunk--which you're actually thankful for. If it wasn't for that trunk you would still be rolling now.

Your whole body feels like it has been stepped on by an elephant. Even a gust of wind can make you wince in pain. When you force yourself to take off your goggles, you feel your chest tightened.

"Fuck, that hurts...." You whispered. Once your vision is clear, you lower the mask to inhale as much oxygen as you need.

There are no clouds in the gray sky--that's what you notice when you lie motionless in the snow. Warm liquid dripping down your eyes--definitely not sweats in these freezing temperatures. Your fingertips turn red after you try to wipe them off. Realizing you need to do something to ask for help, you turn your head to your left, only to see how high the sliding path is. After seeing the height you're somewhat amazed at how your body is able to withstand the impact.

Luckily you brought your phone with you. You're also grateful that there was no serious damage and that you still have some battery left. The problem is there is no service.

Not going to lie you start to feel panicked when no sign of help arrives after fifteen minutes have passed. You've tried to stand up on your own, only to fall again.

"Ow, ow, ow..." You cry a little. There must be something wrong with your ankle.

"For God's sake." You put an arm over your eyes, feeling defeated. The only thing you can do while waiting for help is to control your breathing.

At time like this you start questioning your life. Would it be better if you returned to LA after this, would it be better if you chose to run over Rena earlier, or would it be better if you didn't come in the first place. Those thoughts drain the rest of your energy, making your head feel light and lost in the drowsiness that slowly creeps up on you.

"...ake...p!"

"...wake...up!"

"WAKE UP!"

Suddenly, a hand cups your freezing face, the warmth brings you back to your consciousness. Your heavy eyelids opened at the sight of Jeonghan. He looked like a panicked man out of breath. His beanie hat was gone, his messy blond hair damp with the mixture of sweat and the damp air.

Overwhelmed by your wave of relief you instinctively gave him a weak smile.

"Oh thank god...can I sleep now..?" You mutter weakly, the drowsiness isn't gone yet.

"NO." He snarled as he took off his coat to cover your body that starts to turn blue, "Don't fucking sleep. GOSH, you look horrible."

The feeling of panic seemed to make him stronger because he could easily rip the seams of a thick sweater to attach to your bleeding head. Even though it wasn't flowing fast, it was the right decision to stop the bleeding.

"How did you find me here...?" You try your best to stay awake.

"I don't know." Jeonghan was busy rummaging something out of his coat pocket with one hand, "I honestly don't know." He repeated, unable to think straight to find the words.

You see the fireworks suddenly shoot up into the gloomy sky. After waiting for the beautiful explosion that doesn't appear, you realize that it wasn't fireworks but a flare gun that Jeonghan fired to signal your whereabout.

"My whole body hurts..." Just when your eyes are about to closed again, Jeonghan gently pat your cheek to wake you up.

"I know, hang in there. They're coming." He suddenly remember he got a hot pack attached on his back. He quickly grab it and put it on your face.

"Is she okay...?" You leaned into the hot pack on his palm, suddenly remember about Rena.

"Who? Oh-- right, she's fine." Jeonghan hissed in warning as your eyes closed again.

The warmth on your face makes you feel more relaxed. The only thing in your head is the feeling of wanting to fall asleep. On the other hand, Jeonghan is still on standby to keep you awake. He was paranoid because of one of the books he had read before, where when someone was injured it's better not to let them sleep. It would be dangerous if their brain couldn't give a signal to wake up later.

"Why aren't you with her though..."

"You'd become a polar bear if I wasn't here, you idiot."

Your cheeks twitches as you find it quite funny, "I mean, she's your girlfriend...you should be with her..."

"Listen--"

"OVER THERE!" 
"MEDICS!"

The shoutings was faintly audible. One by one the medical and evacuation teams came. The barking of search dogs can also be heard loudly around your stranded location. As soon as relief poured on Jeonghan, his fatigue set in and he lost all strength in his body. He sat limply, exhaling loud breaths repeatedly as he couldn't contain the relief in his chest.

"I'm okay, I'm fine." He refused to be checked by the medic team, sending them over to you.

The medics have told you that they will transfer your body onto a medical stretcher, so they can take you to the hospital. They ask you to take a breath and count to three. Mentally prepared, you're still crying out in pain. It hurts a lot especially the pressure they put on your body when they lift you up.

Jeonghan walked between the medics to check on you. Without hesitation he placed his hand on top of yours, stroking your knuckles with his thumb gently. He still remembers how you like to be comforted, and he's glad he does. He then demonstrated inhaling through the nose and then exhaling slowly through the mouth several times. Your breathing rhythm starts to calm down after following him.

"It's alright miss, you can rest now." The medic said as they prepare to transport you to get more proper treatment.

You are sure that after closing your eyes even for just one second, you will immediately fall into a deep sleep. Not knowing what's gonna happen in the hospital while you're asleep make you slightly nervous. But you really need it.

Turning your head to Jeonghan, you asked, "Will you also be there when I wake up...?"

Jeonghan nod with a reassuring smile, "I will."

His smile is the last thing you remember when you close your eyes.

Jeonghan picked up his coat from the ground, planning to cover you again when the medics had covered you up to your neck with several thick blankets. He then placed his coat over his shoulders, hugging his body underneath as he walk along. One of the medics seemed to have noticed his shortness of breath, so they gave him an oxygen can. He gladly accepted.

Jeonghan was a little grateful that the evacuation route didn't require him to climb upwards. After walking relatively straight for several kilometers, they finally met an ambulance that was already on standby. If it weren't for the help of the evacuation team and their dogs the paths would all look the same.

"What the fuck was that for?!" Seungcheol who looked angry immediately grabbed Jeonghan's collar as soon as they met again.

He was angry because Jeonghan dare to take the flare gun from the evacuation team and dash to his own dangerous search. Jeonghan didn't fight back because he knew he was wrong and he had no energy left anyway. The members intervened by pulling Seungcheol away.

"If you look at her situation now, you will understand."  Jeonghan gestured at the stretcher that was being carried into the ambulance.

Seungkwan was the first member to cry seeing your condition. He's a little traumatized by your face covered in dried blood, your pale lips that also look blue. Mingyu and Dino hugged him to give the strength they had left. At least this way they can support each other. While Joshua and Wonwoo comforted Dokyeom who was also tearing up.

"She should be okay now." Jeonghan said to Seungcheol.

"Oh thank God." Seungcheol put his hands on his knees for support as he bent his body, feeling his head spin.

"When I found her like that, I thought I'd lost her."

People who know Jeonghan, including the members, know that Jeonghan rarely cries.  When Jeonghan finished saying those words, he felt a single tear drop as he blinked. Those who witnessed it would know how devastated he was. The comfort he gets from the members only makes him lose control. He buried his face in Joshua's shoulder as he was hugged.

Before the ambulance left, the medics also called Jeonghan and said that he also needed to be examined.

"We'll meet you at the hospital." Hoshi gave Jeonghan his own hot pack before helping the medical team close the ambulance door.

Some distance away from the ongoing commotion, Rena sat watching everything. She hoped her sprained leg would get her more attention from Jeonghan. Apparently not. She is concerned about your situation but at the same time her jealousy is hard to suppress.

"As a human with feelings, this should wake you up." Woozi said as he walk closer to sit some distance away from Rena.

"I beg you a pardon?" Rena managed to put an innocent face before she turned to Woozi.

Woozi smiled back with a smile that also had a hidden meaning, "I know what you're up to. I'm sure I'm not the only one."

"I don't really understand what you're talking about." Rena pointed at her ankle, "I'm a victim too."

Woozi's eyes formed a crescent moon as his smile grew wider, "You know I'm not talking about today's incident."

They both looked into each other's eyes. The smiles that are served doesn't taste as sweet as honey but rather like a double-edged sword.

"Love is an obsession. Obsession is not love." Woozi muttered under his breath as he got up to join the others.

"Excuse me? What was that?" Rena tried to recall Woozi's words but couldn't.

"Nothing, just humming to a lyric." He continued humming to a random tune as he walk over to Seungcheol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 277 10
What would it be like if Choi Seungcheol is your boyfriend... Dating an idol. Not as easy as it seems..
223K 5.6K 43
When you have a one night stand with a future worldwide kpop idol. Fate brings you together in the most unexpected ways, but it also pulls you apart...
50.7K 2.2K 72
"We just don't work," I said turning away from him. He immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. "Don't you get it?" I looked up at...
2.1K 171 16
Ever met a person so randomly but knew that they were your soulmate ever since you talked with them? a story where Joshua texts a boy named Seokmin...