roommates | nct ot23 (markhyu...

By adilqvsu

a school trip to the middle of nowhere, stuck with a bunch of strangers you don't even know, forced to be roo... More

character introduction (1)
character introduction (2)
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six

chapter thirty

125 9 5
By adilqvsu

thirty chapters already??? 😦 damn- freewriting really gets me somewhere, especially since I'm so passionate about this story 🤩🥹💗

it was about 11 a.m. right now and everyone had finally woken up and left their cabins, not even caring that they missed breakfast.

doyoung was walking out of his cabin when taeyong suddenly approached him.

"hey, stranger." taeyong smiled as doyoung noticed his presence.

doyoung playfully rolled his eyes, a wide grin on his lips. "what do you want, yongie?"

taeyong's smile grew. "nothing. just wanted to say thank you for cleaning up the mess last night. yuta told me you forced mark and hyuck to help as well, so thanks for that." taeyong chuckled.

doyoung nodded. "I know how much of a neat freak you are. don't worry about it, yongie." the younger of the two smiled brightly at the older.

the two of them continued their conversation about everything and nothing as they advanced towards the rest of the group who were spread out around the grassy field.

even if doyoung and taeyong had dated in the past and then broke up, they never let any of it affect their friendship with each other.

honestly, their relationship never really was a relationship. I mean, sure they kissed, were slightly intimate with each other, and other stuff like that, but it was clear both sides always forced this overwhelming amount of affection on each other because they were scared that they'd hurt the other's feelings by admitting that they weren't meant to be.

well, jokes on them, because as it turns out, neither of them liked the other in a romantic way at all.

also, they realized that the only reason they dated in the first place was because they thought it was right since they kissed one night while they were drunk, but that proved to be more of a one-time, desperate type of thing because they never felt anything when they kissed the other times during their "relationship."

so, they broke up. 🤷 but their friendship never changed, and they both made sure they didn't have any romantic feelings for the other.

they went on with life, dated other people, explored their sexualities more, and they never ran into any other problems involving the two of them, drunk, and together in the same bed making out, so. 🤷

they're best friends, and sometimes it's meant to stay like that, even if they made out while they were drunk and hormonal.

and, yeah, maybe another reason why they broke up was kind of because they were sick of each other's attitudes. 😭💀🤡 but who needs to know that? not me. not you. certainly not mark (he'd say, "I told you so!" and brag about it in your face all week). 💀🤡🤷

doyoung and taeyong were currently dying laughing over something taeyong had said, clinging to each other for support because if they didn't, they'd fall to the floor.

the two, despite their history, were still really touchy and affectionate with each other, but they knew each other's boundaries, where the line ended, and where they stood in each other's lives.

though, there were always people who remained skeptical of the whole situation.

for one, donghyuck. but that's mainly because he was sad his parents were breaking up. oh well. 🤷 sucks to suck, I guess.

some other people who were skeptical of the situation were none other than johnny, jaehyun, jungwoo, and lucas.

okay, alright. maybe skeptical isn't the right word, but more doubtful.

I mean, don't get them wrong or anything.

johnny and jaehyun were both well aware that they were nothing but really close friends with benefits for taeyong, and lucas and jungwoo were well aware that doyoung considered them as allies at best.

but none of that knowledge stopped their hearts from shattering bit by bit as they saw the two boys goof around with each other.

"do you think they'd ever get back together?" johnny suddenly questioned as he stole a cigarette from jaehyun's pack.

the four boys were currently off to one side, far away from everyone (and out of hearing range) so that they could smoke in peace, but also watch everything that was going on with sharp eyes. the last thing anyone needed was one of the younger ones pulling a mark and donghyuck and running off into the woods with no knowledge of where they were going.

"I mean...there's a possibility." jaehyun shrugged like he didn't care, but the other three knew he cared. they knew he cared all too well because, although he'd probably never actually admit it, it was clear that he felt something for taeyong and thought of him as more than just a 'fuck buddy.'

same with johnny. anyone could tell the two boys were head over heels for taeyong, and each other (though, again, they'd never really admit anything of the sort because they're cowards 😭💀🤡🙄).

"oh, come on!" jungwoo rolled his eyes as he removed the cigarette butt from between his lips. "taeyong-hyung had mentioned on more than one account that him and doyoung-hyung are nothing more than close besties!"

"best friends. close friends." lucas deadpanned at the older. "hyung would never say 'close besties.'"

jungwoo rolled his eyes, blowing a small cloud of smoke towards lucas. "stop being such a hater."

"okay, but we seriously can't be the only ones who think that they'll pull a sike on everyone and get back together, right?" johnny deadpanned.

jungwoo rolled his eyes again, but there was a cocky grin on his lips. "okay, maybe they will, but what's it to you? I thought the three of you were nothing more than fuck buddies?"

both johnny and jaehyun fell silent, their faces equally heating up as they avoided eye contact with jungwoo.

"exactly." jungwoo scoffed. "why don't you two focus on making sure the two of them don't end up together again, yeah?"

now that surely caught the other three boys' attentions.

"anyone with a brain and a vague idea on how feelings works can tell that taeyong has heart eyes for the both of you." jungwoo rolled his eyes, in disbelief that he had to explain everything to the three of them. "so, what I'm trying to say is, focus on making him like you two more to the point he wants to confess. be yourselves, but be more affectionate. show him more love. spend more time with him and show him you care." jungwoo shrugged. "just...get him away from doyoung, yeah?"

johnny and jaehyun raised an eyebrow each as they cocked their heads to the side.

jungwoo's grin only grew at he looked over at lucas and then down at their hands as he laced their fingers together.

"lucas and I have our own agenda that we're trying to work with that boy." that sentence alone made it clear to johnny and jaehyun what the second youngest of the four meant.

"right, babe?" jungwoo smirked as he looked back up to meet lucas's chocolate brown eyes.

lucas smiled softly as he hummed, placing a soft kiss against jungwoo's temple as he pulled the older closer to him.

"oh! and while you're working taeyong into confessing his not-so-hidden love (the show is so good omg-) for the two of you," jungwoo continued as he turned back to face a very unimpressed johnny and a very bored jaehyun. "maybe also try to work up the courage to just confess to each other? I mean, I'm kind of sick and tired of both of you pretending like you don't have feelings for each other."

jungwoo shrugged before putting out his cigarette and running off somewhere, dragging lucas along with him.

both johnny's and jaehyun's eyes widened with shock as their heads snapped towards each other, but the second they made eye contact, their already red faces flushed even more.

they quickly broke eye contact faster than either of them could breathe, letting the silence take over before they both cleared their throats and walked away in separate directions, almost forgetting to put out their cigarettes before they left (it would've been a literal disaster if they actually had forgotten- help- 😭💀).

well...that was awkward. 🤡

---

I seriously did not know how to end that- help- 😭💀
also, I bet that you didn't see the fact that lucas and jungwoo were already dating coming, huh? 😏😉 I love plot twists 😜🤪🤩

sorry for not updating as frequently 😭 school has me dying bro 😭 and I mean that literally because who's genius fucking idea was it to set off firecrackers at my school right after someone threatened to sh**t up the school... 😐 these new freshmen showed up and all of a sudden shit starts hitting the fan at my school like wtf...
anywayyyy. guess who got the 1989 taylor's version cardigan?~ 🤭🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 2.5K 24
[nct dream] โ You do realise you're attempting to seduce a straight man, don't you? โž โ Eh, we'll be stuck together for a month. Whatever happens on...
12.3K 390 61
"I'm sorry, it's all my fault." "Please, don't leave." "Why?" Started: 15.09.2021 Published: 04.10.2021 Ended: 13.05.2023 Status: completed Warning:...
2.4K 194 57
โ™›โ†"ฯโ„“ั”ฮฑั•ั” ิƒฯƒฮทั‚ ะบฮนโ„“โ„“ ะผัƒ ฦ’โ„“ฯƒฯ‰ั”ัั•, ั‚ะฝั”ฮนั ะผัƒ โ„“ฮนฦ’ั”..."โ†œโ™› Hello~ This is an FF based on Jaemin and Y/n. Txt will also be featured in this fanfic I won't be...
14.3K 603 12
MARKHYUCK !completed! haechan was one the edge. his dad was waiting, one wrong move and haechan is dead. would giving up end the pain? while trying...