TLH2: Royal Comeback (Complet...

By empredite

Book 2 of The Lost Heiress. More

Prologue
TLH2: Chapter 1
TLH2: Chapter 2
TLH2: Chapter 3
TLH2: Chapter 4
TLH2: Chapter 5
TLH2: Chapter 6
TLH2: Chapter 7
TLH2: Chapter 8
TLH2: Chapter 9
TLH2: Chapter 10
TLH2: Chapter 11
TLH2: Chapter 12
TLH2: Chapter 13
TLH2: Chapter 14
TLH2: Chapter 15
TLH2: Chapter 16
TLH2: Chapter 17
TLH2: Chapter 18
TLH2: Chapter 19
TLH2: Chapter 20
TLH2: Chapter 21
TLH2: Chapter 22
TLH2: Chapter 23
TLH2: Chapter 24
TLH2: Chapter 25
TLH2: Chapter 26
TLH2: Chapter 27
TLH2: Chapter 28
TLH2: Chapter 29
TLH2: Chapter 30
TLH2: Chapter 31
TLH2: Chapter 32
TLH2: Chapter 33
TLH2: Chapter 34
TLH2: Chapter 35
TLH2: Chapter 36
TLH2: Chapter 37
TLH2: Chapter 38
TLH2: Chapter 39
TLH2: Chapter 40
TLH2 Chapter 41
TLH2: Chapter 43
TLH2: Chapter 44
TLH2: Chapter 45
TLH2: Chapter 46
TLH2: Chapter 47
TLH2: Chapter 48
TLH2: Chapter 49
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's Note
Special Chapter 2

TLH2: Chapter 42

107 2 0
By empredite

Erin's POV

My eyes slowly open and roamed around the room. I'm not familiar with the things that I am seeing and it took me seconds to realize where I am.

I lifted myself up from the bed but suddenly rested my head when I felt it throbbing like hell. I held my forehead. Gosh, what happened last night? I tried to recall it before passing out due to the amount of alcohol in my body but it seems like my mind is not yet at ease to remember it.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I inhaled deeply to restore my memories from last night. A moment of peace came to me while my eyes are closed. Then I suddenly open it when a flash of memory came back to me.

I was with Ricky last night! We were so close with each other and then I looked at his lips. I remembered how my heart raced with adrenaline. We were about to kiss! But I can't remember what happened after that. I think I passed out. D-Damn it.

Napahawak ako sa noo ko. Shit, please tell me nothing happened between us. An idea popped my mind. I looked down on my clothes and I'm still wearing the same thing. Ricky's not here with me on bed. So, I assume nothing happened?

I growl when I felt my head throbbing again. Nabigla ako sa mga naalala ko. Pero baka nga walang nangyari. I trust Ricky, he wouldn't do such a thing.

I got up from bed and hit the showers. May mga damit pa naman ako dito sa condo. Ang laking ginhawa ng matapos ako maligo. I put on some simple jumpsuit then went out of the room. I'm expecting to see him outside but to my surprise, no one's there. I tried to call his name but there was no answer. Maybe he left early for work.

My feet made its way to the kitchen. I went to the table and saw a note on it.

"Love, I have to go. There's food on the stove, fresh orange juice in the fridge and medicine on the table. Call me if you need anything. - R"

I placed the piece of paper aside. Bigla ay nakaramdam ako ng gutom. I went to the stove and reheat the food Ricky prepared me. I suddenly felt thirsty, I open the fridge, gathered the juice and drinks it.

When my body regained it's normal energy, thanks to Ricky's hangover kit, I sat on the couch and rested my head. I looked at the wall clock and it's already 12:00 in the afternoon.

Then I remembered the reason I came here. I smiled wryly, reality hits me again. Life is just bullshit. Why does it have to be this hard? Why can't we just simply be happy?

I'm not asking for too much. Just real happiness but it's so hard to achieve.

I sighed deeply and then I remembered my son, Ivo. He's probably looking for me. Ngayon palang I want to say sorry to him. His parents are such a mess.

I fished out my phone in my pocket, I'm going to call my mom to check on Ivo. I was about to dial her number when I heard the doorbell.

Who could that be? Maybe it's Ricky, checking on me.

I made my way to door and open it.

"Back already, lo—"

I stopped when I realized who was in front of me. My smile faded.

He's looking at me with tired eyes. My mind is asking questions. Why is here? How did he find me?

"Eunica, I've been looking for you everywhere"

There's sadness on his voice.

"How did you find me?"

He took a step forward but stopped when I was about to close the door.

"Can I please come in?"

"I asked you first." I said without emotions

There was uneasiness in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter, baby. Please let me in. Let's talk."

I inhaled deeply. "I'm not ready for it, Ivan. So, please? Leave. "

It's true. I don't want to face him after what happened. I just don't. Hindi ko pa kaya. What he just did is not a joke. I'm not just some kind of a prize to be won.

"Eunica, please." He said and I can see his eyes turning red.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin. Seeing him now, I want to take care of him. He looks so tired. He's still wearing the same clothes from the party. Palagay ko ay magdamag niya talaga akong hinanap.

"After all that happened last night, you still have the guts to talk to me?" I said and you can feel pain on my voice.

He licks his lips that made me look at it. I miss those.

"You think I'd let this go? No, babe. Let's fix this. Please hear me out." He said pleadingly.

I honestly don't know what to feel. I feel so numb. I want to scowl at him, scream at him but my body just can't find the urge to do it.

Wala akong sinagot sa kanya, I turned my back on him. Naramdaman ko namang sumunod ito. I heard the door closes.

I made my way to the window. Dito ako nagpunta because I remembered the last time we were at the couch. I don't want that to happen that again. With my arms crossed, I looked at the bustling city view of my condo. We're at the highest floor of the building that's why you can see everything up here.

I took a deep breathe and faced the man at my back probably waiting for me.

"Talk. That's what you want right? Now, do it."

He roamed around the place. I don't know what he is looking for before he turned his sight to me.

"I'm sorry, Eunica. About the bet, about everything. Believe me, I don't want it in the first place. It's just that I have no choice."

I looked at him. He was about to speak but I cut him off. "Everything you've shown us, was it all true? Or it's still part of the deal?"

He took a little step forward, I took a step back.

"Of course it's all true. Before that deal, all I want is to have you back. Y-You know that. From the moment I saw you again, that's the only goal I want to have. It's just that, there were complications came that it happened." Umiwas ito ng tingin.

I arched a brow. "And that is?"

He looked at me. "What?"

"What complications are you saying?"

Nang maintindihan niya kung ano yung sinasabi ko. Napatiim ang mga labi nito.

"Y-you know what it was. They exploded to me all at once that I have no choice but to came up with that deal. I was desperate, Eunica. I don't know what to do."

I recalled what were his reasons. At the back of my mind, I want to understand him. Gusto kong lawakan yung pag-iisip ko. But my heart can't accept the fact that he used me for this.

Napatingin ako sa ring finger ko. I saw the beautiful diamond ring he gave me. I saw him looking at me. I raised my finger.

"Is this part of the deal? You asking me to marry you again?" I said and my heart is starting to ache.

His eyes widened then pain crossed it.

"Eunica, please. Everything I said, every memories we've spent together, lahat 'yun totoo. Please believe me, sweetheart."

I can feel my eyes burning.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me before? You had all the time in the world. Araw-araw tayo magkasama and you never said a word. And you expect me to forgive you that easily?"

Napalunok ito.

"I-I was scared. But I was looking for the perfect timing. I already planned it to tell you in a way that —"

"When? After the wedding? Or when we're old already? That's how you think of it?" I cut him off.

Lumapit ito ng tuluyan. We were only inches apart.

"N-no! Of course not. Like I told you, I'm just looking for the perfect timing. Eunica, please. "

He held my hand. "Please believe me, babe. I beg you. "

I stared at his eyes. They were full of sadness and pain. I want to throw my arms around him and make this over us but I just can't.

"You betrayed me, Ivan. You don't know how hard it was for me to give you a second chance after all we've been through. I can't take this anymore."

He cups my face. "B-Baby, don't say that please. I was desperate to have you."

His voice is breaking. He closes his eyes and put his forehead onto mine.

I saw tears fell down in his eyes when he open it.

"I don't want to lose you, Eunica. Desperate times, baby please. I was already losing you that I need to hang on a string to have you."

There were no words came out of me. My mind and heart are still arguing. Hindi ko alam kung anong susundin ko.

"Eunica, please. Please forgive me."

He kissed my forehead. He keeps saying the he is sorry and begging me to forgive him.

I gathered my strength and slowly pushed him away from me. I looked straight in his eyes full of tears.

"I think it's best for you to leave, Ivan. I can't forgive you now. I need some time."

It was like the world fell down on him. His face became dark.

"Do you remember when we were in Batanes in that little café, I asked you that if everything went wrong that you won't leave me no matter what and you agreed on it. What happened to that?" He said in a hurtful tone.

I remembered that moment. We were at that famous café and thought of what he just said. Tinapangan ko ang tingin. Now, he's making me feel guilty, huh?

"Don't act like I didn't asked you first was what was wrong and you never said a word. That was your chance and you gave it away"

He puts his left hand on his waist while the other on between his eyes.

"Give us some time, Ivan. And I think it's best if we won't see each other. My son and I will go back to London. For me to think. "

Bigla itong napatingin sa akin. His eyes were filled with tension.

"W-what?! You are going to take away my child again? And what about our wedding?"

My brows furrowed. "You'd given me no choice and with the wedding? I thought I said to call it off?" I calmly said.

Napatingala ito then looked at me. "I won't let you do that, Eunica. Okay, fine. Hindi ako magpapakita sa inyo ni Ivo but please don't leave the country. And with the wedding, let's just postponed it."

"Why do I feel like you're the one to decide for us? I didn't do anything wrong with you, Ivan."

Bigla ay nakaramdam ako ng inis.

"I just want to make sure that I can still reach you, Eunica. Naniniwala ako na maayos natin ito. Please, don't leave."

"You don't have to decide for that." Matigas na sabi ko.

"Hindi ako papayag. You will stay here. Our son will stay here. No one is leaving the country."

Sinamaan ko ito ng tingin. "Get out of my sight, Ivan."

I saw him hurting. After all he have done, he still has the nerve to tell us what to do? He must be full of himself!

"Both of you will stay here. I will make sure of it."

That's the last words he said before turning his back at me and left my unit.

I breathe deeply and turned my sight back outside. I need to stay calm, I want to stay calm. But my irritation kills me. Napailing nalang na kinuha ko ang phone ko and called Mang Borge to fetch me here. Uuwi na lang ako and to see Ivo.

It was already 04:00 in the afternoon when we reached home. Pagkababa ko palang ng sasakyan, bumungad na agad sa akin si Kuya Ethan standing at the main door.

Nagkatitigan kami. I purposely didn't say a word at hinintay ko siya ang unang magsalita.

"Erin, can we talk?"

I walk as if I didn't hear anything. Nakikita ko naman na sinusundan ako nito ng tingin.

"Lil' sis"

I paused when he said that word. He used to call me that before. But I act like it doesn't affect me.

"Not now, kuya."

Iyon lang sinabi ko and made my way inside the house. Agad kong pinuntahan si Ivo. I pass by the living room to see if he is there but he's not. Maybe he is in his room.

When I reached Ivo's room, I can hear his laughs. My brows raised, sino naman ang kasama ni Ivo? Maybe he is just playing with his Yaya.

I open the door and saw Ivo and Ivan playing inside. Nagtama ang mga mata namin ni Ivan. What is he doing in here?

"Mommy, you're home!"

Ivo rushed to me and gave me a hug. I looked down at him and hugged him back.

"Hi, baby. I miss you."

My son smiled. "I miss you too, Mommy. Where have you been? I've been looking for you since last night."

I pinch his cheeks. "Sorry, baby. Mommy just got some work to do. That's all."

He tilted his head. "Eh? Okay. If you say so. Come let's play with Daddy!"

Hinila ako ni Ivo papunta kay Ivan. Ano naman ang ginagawa nito dito? Don't tell me he is starting to make sure that we won't flee the country? I rolled my eyes in my mind.

None of us said a word. Nang makalapit kami ni Ivo sa kanya, that's the time they continued playing. Ngunit ilang minuto palang nakakalipas, Ivo stopped and looked at us both. There's a hint of confusion on his cute little face.

"Huh? Daddy why didn't you kiss Mommy? She's home na, oh."

We both froze. Nagkatitigan kami pero agad naman akong umiwas. Lihim akong napamura. Ivo was used to see us greeting each other with a kiss before. Bakit nga ba hindi pumasok sa isip ko 'yun ngayon? Argh! Ivo's maturity sometimes give me a headache.

"Uh, Daddy just forgot, sport. We were having fun playing, right?"

Ivo crosses his arms above his chest and frowned.

"Did you two had a fight?"

Parehas kaming nagulat ni Ivan. This kid! Masyadong madaming napapansin. Ugh.

"O-of course not, baby. Come, let's play na." I said.

"Yeah, sport. Here I'll kiss Mommy." Ivan said and he pecked me on the cheek. Kinilabutan naman ako sa ginawa niya.

"Okay!" Ivo happily said and continued playing.

In my peripheral vision, I can see Ivan smirking. I glanced at him at sinamaan ko ito ng tingin when Ivo is not looking.

While Ivo is busy drawing after he played, pumasok na muna ako sa kwarto ko to freshen up. I changed my clothes and was busy fixing myself on the mirror when the door open.

I looked at it and jumped out of surprise to see who came in. Nakaramdam ako ng inis.

"Don't you know how to knock?!"

I scowl at him. He looked at me but didn't say a word. I rolled my eyes on him and turned my back and continued what I have been doing.

Hindi ko na ito pinansin but on the mirror, I can see that he is busy fixing things. Maybe it's his.

When he is done, nagbalik ang tingin ko sa sarili ko when I saw his back turned in front. He is walking towards me and I pretend like I don't see him.

"Eunica"

I blankly looked at him through the mirror waiting for his next words.

"I'll stay at my condo for now. But I'll take Ivo with me 3 times in a week. Don't worry, we'll stay at my parent's house whenever he is with me."

I raised a brow at him. "And since when did I agree on that?"

Napailing ito. "Like I said I'll make sure both of you with stay here. And I also called Raffy that we've change the date of the wedding. He is waiting for your call, looks like the guy is stressed right now."

Iyon lang ang sinabi nito bago lumabas ng kwarto ko. Napanganga ako sa mga sinabi niya. What the?! Now he has the nerve to say that?! Siya pa ngayon ang magdedecide on how we will take turns on our son and on the wedding?! Why do I feel like what is happening right now will be under his terms?!

The hell, Ivan!

Ivan's POV

When Ricky finally blurted out on where Eunica might be, I immediately rushed to see her. I got caught in traffic that's why it took me hours before getting there.

And when I saw her again, I did what I have to do. I pleaded, begged her and asks for her forgiveness multiple times but she never gave it to me.

I don't want to blame her. This is all my fault and I understand her.

But I can't take that she and my son will go back to London and call off the wedding. I will not accept that! Hindi ako papayag na mawala sila sa paningin ko. I know that I can go there as well if they will really leave the country but inunahan ko na siya.

While making my way to the Sanders' mansion, I've contacted Raffy that we will change the date of the wedding because of some important events that we need to do. He wants to protest the moment he heard those words but I stayed firmed and the guy didn't have any choice, I just assured him that Eunica will talk to him about the other details. Right after that, I've decided that I will take Ivo with me 3 times in a week to make sure that they will not fly to London. Sa mansion nalang namin muna kami during that time. And if I'm not with Ivo, I'll stay at my condo until we have sorted this out.

I know this will be shameless of me but I don't care, I'll give her time to think and forgive me but I will make sure that they are just a few distance from me.

Erin's POV

After what Ivan said to me, tinawagan ko agad si Raffy. It looks like he is really waiting for my call that he just picked it up in one ring. I sighed deeply as I tried to calm him down. Madami akong palusot na sinabi at nung nakumbinsi ko na siya, kumalma na ito.

We don't actually have a new date, I just made something up para magmukhang emergency talaga ang changes na ito. Ilang oras din kami nag-usap ni Raffy and I've felt exhausted after that.

Our families already know about the changes in the wedding. Some of them where shocked but they never asked why especially our immediate families. I know they are curious but they just kept their silence and respected our decision.

It's been three weeks and the arrangement Ivan decided regarding our son continues. Minsan nga nagtatanong na 'yung bata bakit papalit-palit siya ng bahay pero nililibang ko nalang sa ibang bagay.

And on those three weeks, Ivan and I never speak to each other. There were no calls, texts and emails. Hindi ko nalang ito pinansin and made myself busy everyday.

It's the same with Kuya Ethan, sometimes nagkakasalubong kami sa bahay at sa office but I didn't bother talking to him. And he respects that.

Tomorrow na din pala ang company outing ng TGC. It's gonna be in Zambales. It's a rest house owned by one of our partners. And to my surprise, it was CLS' who will be hosting this event. Hindi ko alam kung nananadya ba si Kuya Ethan at sila Ivan pa ang pinili niya or talagang iyon ang desisyon ng nakakarami? I shrugged on those thoughts, ayoko na lang ng stress.

I closed my laptop when I was finished with the report I'm making. I'm here at the garden of the Mansion. Ivo is with his Father and he will drop him off here tomorrow morning.

I took a sip of my mango juice and rested my back on the chair. I looked at the night sky. It's so peaceful. The stars are shining brightly with a full moon. Sabay naman nu'n ang pag-ihip ng malamig na hangin.

"Mind if I join you?"

Napatingin ako sa nagsalita. Hindi ko ito napansin. Nagkatitigan kami pero hindi ko siya sinagot. Siguro ay nakaramdam nalang ito and pulled a chair beside me.

He looked up at the night sky too. There was silence over us. No one wants to talk, kahit ako din naman hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko.

"Do you remember the time when we first bumped into each other at the mall?"

My sight turned to Kuya Ethan. He was now looking at me. I recalled that scene. It was when I went to buy some groceries as Ivan's secretary pa.

"Yeah" Mahinang sabi ko.

He smiled. "I was not really expecting that to happen. It was just a normal day for me, casually strolling at the mall then who would've thought that it's the day that I have finally found my missing twin sister?"

Wala sa sarili na napangiti ako when I remembered that.

"I thought I was just looking through a mirror when I saw you, Kuya. Akala ko I was just hallucinating and then you helped me picked up those grocery bags"

He chuckled. "Y-yeah. I've felt the same actually. Akala ko namamalik-mata lang ako but when I saw our family crest on your neck, I knew you were the one we were looking for."

I smiled as I touched my necklace. Akala ko nu'ng ibinigay sa akin nila Mama ito nung 18th birthday ko, it was just a simple gift na pinaghandaan nila but no, it's the key for me to my true identity.

"And ever since that day, mas lalo kami nagsikap na hanapin ka, Erin. We did everything in our power to find and get you back. And so we did. Kaya naman.."

Kuya Ethan held my hand. "I promised Mom and Dad that I will always keep you safe. You, Calvin and Serene. As your older brother, that's my utmost responsibility in this family."

I felt hot tears pooling my eyes. What my Kuya Ethan said touched my heart. It's true naman. Lagi naman niya kami pinoprotektahan no matter what.

"Okay, I forgive you na, Kuya." I said while sniffing.

He chuckled. "Iyon lang pala ang makakapag-lambot sa'yo, lil' sis."

I frowned at him. "Ah, ganon? So, this was just a trap for me to forgive you?"

He messes my hair. "Nah, just kidding! But thank you, Erin. And I've missed you."

I pouted but then I smiled. "Me too, Kuya."

He stands from his seat and kissed me on my hair. "Bati na tayo, ha!"

I stuck my tongue out to him. "Oo na! 'Dun ka na nga!"

He winked at me then went inside the house.

I woke up just before my alarm rings. Sinadya ko magising ng maaga because Ivo will be coming home any minute now. I've already prepared his breakfast and I'm casually waiting for him here at the living room.

While browsing a magazine, I heard a honk outside. It must be them. I stand from my seat and went to the door. Marie was already standing there and when she notices me, she smiled and made space at the door.

"Good Morning, Ms. Erin. "

I smiled back. "Good Morning, I'll take it from here, Marie."

She nodded and went back to the kitchen.

I saw Ivan's car and stopped in front of the house. Sabay naman nu'n ang pagbukas ng passenger seat and came out Ivo carrying his back pack but before turning to me, he looked at his Father.

"Bye, Daddy! See you next week!" I heard Ivo said. Ivan kissed Ivo. And when Ivo was about to close the door, nagtama ang mga mata namin. Una akong nag-iwas ng tingin and put my attention to my son who's running towards me.

"Mommy! I'm home!"

I hugged Ivo when he approached me. In my peripheral vision, I saw Ivan's car made its way out.

"Hi my bémpis! I missed you!"

Ivo giggled. "I miss you too, Mommy!" Nagulat ako ng bigla itong bumaba bahagya on my stomach. "I miss you too, baby sister and brother!"

Bigla akong natigilan sa ginawa ni Ivo. I lowered myself enough to face him. "Anak, what are you saying?"

"I just greeted my soon to be siblings, Mommy! I know they're in your belly."

I can feel my face turning red and cold sweats in my body. I laughed uneasily. "Anak, gutom ka na siguro 'no? Come, let's get you inside. I've prepared your favorite breakfast."

Binuhat ko na si Ivo papasok ng bahay. My heart raced with what my son just did. Was that a sign? Bigla akong kinabahan. What if?

I shrugged to that thought. I can't be. It's been so long since the last time Ivan and I became intimate. It just can't.

Before leaving for the company outing, I made sure that Ivo is well taken cared of. I've already packed my things. It's an overnight stay. Ayoko nga sana but Kuya insisted that I should stay the whole event para naman daw maramdaman ng mga empleyado ang presence ng management.

Nauna ng umalis si Kuya Ethan to prepare for the event. Ako? I'm waiting for Ricky. Sabay na kami pupunta. It's a long drive and tinatamad akong magdala ng sasakyan.

Ilang minuto lang at nakarinig na ako ng busina sa labas. I gathered my things and went outside. I arched a brow when I saw Ricky with a convertible car.

"What's this, love?"

He patted the dashboard. "This? It's going to be the most beautiful, comfortable, smooth ride of your life." Mayabang na sabi nito.

I rolled my eyes on him. "You're going to keep that open while we're in an expressway?"

He chuckled. "C'mon, love. Don't be such a killjoy. Hop in." He said while wiggling his brows.

"I'm not riding with the roof open, Crisanto. Can't you feel the heat?"

Tumayo ito ng bahagya at tinanggal ang suot nitong shades.

"What? It's nothing! You won't feel that, I promise. And wala naman traffic, siguro? Where's your adventurous side, love?"

I frowned at him. "Whatever! You will put the roof up or I'm going to take my own car?"

This time, he rolled his eyes at pabagsak na naupo. "Fine, fine! Here you go, your boringness." He said while he pushed the button and then the roof slowly covered the car.

When it's done. I open the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt once I'm inside. I turned to Ricky and he's pouting like a kid.

"Oh, what's your problem?"

He looked at me through his shades. "Can we at least open it once we're there?"

I sighed. "Ugh! But only if we're really close to the location."

"Alright. Let's hit the road! Zambales here we come, baby!" He said and drive our way out.

Napapa-iling na napahawak ako sa sentido ko. I just looked outside. This is going to be the first time in three weeks that Ivan and I will be close to each other again in one place. I hate to admit it but I miss him. However, every time I remembered the reason why we became like this makes the pain weight much more.

I closed my eyes. This is going to be the hardest outing I'll ever have in my life!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 1.3K 33
(COMPLETED) Sometimes nightmare can be a reality
1.2K 74 18
Two opposite individual one purpose TO GET MARRIED.
3K 225 34
I fell in love with her. Bakla ako oo. Pero... seeing her cry because of her shitty not so handsome ex... makes me sad and... and I wanna comfort her...
2.9M 105K 72
She's a servant of the church with pure and innocent heart. He's a badass tattooed man. An Atheist. Will their different beliefs become a hindrance t...