Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(65) Anniversary dinner

3.8K 220 61
By _crazy_hooman_

Three years later...

Leah's POV:

It's funny how sometimes we have our sudden moments of realisation about how time has passed so quickly pushing our life ahead without us knowing it all along.

For me it's today. This morning I had this wild moment of realisation which shocked me to the core. It took me a second to recall how much has happened in these years.

It's been three years since we faced any actual mafia threat. The buisness has been running smoothly and everyone's fine and doing alright. We're all slowly getting used to the peace which is nice and odd.

Anyway, today's a special day. Both my fathers are about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary today with us; their family.

Oh yeah. They got married last year.

It was sudden, unplanned and out of nowhere. One day Dad just woke up and decided to propose Papa out of some random motivation for which he booked one of their favourite restaurants, took Papa on a romantic date, pulled out the ring in a classic gesture and poured his heart out to him.

The story of their impromptu engagement they narrated us once they were back home was quite emotional. I could absolutely swear I witnessed Uncle Rowan cry... most likely in happiness. My brothers definitely shed some tears. Grace cried ugly while I didn't.

Well...maybe I did a little but that's probably because of my unknown allergies. Yeah of course. Leah Stevenson Kingston doesn't cry.

The wedding after that didn't take long to arrange for. Dad and Papa didn't want to wait any longer after I casually joked about how they weren't getting any younger. So the wedding took place the month after they got engaged.

Anyway, let's back up a little more from when they got married.

Three years ago our girls football team won the championship and brought home the cup quite victoriously. It was a game of blood and sweat which costed us all bruises all over the body and yet it was worth it.

The celebration that followed that winning night was something else. My team went all crazy with the party and booze. Again-it was worth it.

The entire school celebrated it with us, especially the other teams. The boy's team won too as expected so it was a double celebration. Our coach actually cried on field admitting he can retire with his head held high after this moment.

My whole family was in the stands during our final match (except Grace) and mind you they let themselves known by their actions and behaviour. It's times like these people wonder if it's a good idea to have nine brothers because the way they yelled and screamed during the entire match for me, on me, on everyone was dramatic.

The adorable cheers for their little sister were one thing, but resorting to their mafia member character in between the game was scary. Like threatening the referee and other team's girls was a tad bit extra when they committed a foul or well...when I face plummeted just before scoring a goal.

It was a hysterical sight when everyone (our entire school, boys teams, friends) in the stand were spitting agressive words towards the other team on the field and my brothers were either being held back literally by our fathers or cursing loudly. But three versus nine was not looking good.

Landon and Owen had come to cheer me on my final match too and they behaved worse. I swear I heard them make plans with my brothers to sue every single girl on the opposite team for the fouls they committed.

Sigh

Anyway, all was forgotten once Taylor made the winning goal which I assisted. Pam was the first one to jump on both of us which landed us three on the ground laughing in happiness.

It was a good day. We'd finally made it.

Now, moving on to the next events.

After we all graduated school my best friends left for college. Everyone including Pam, Sky, Taylor, Peter. But we all made a pact on the last day of school that no matter what we're planning to visit each other other atleast twice a year. And we stood by that pact.

Pam and Peter went off to the same college mostly because they wanted to remain closer since they're hopelessly in love. Taylor and Sky are off to different colleges yet same city probably for the same reason as there is no way they live apart.

Since all their parents live here in LA they visit a lot so we get to meet and hangout loads of times. But Brody, Troy and I have also visited them twice so far as a part of a vacation trip.

Jackson is off to Harvard in Boston. He's studying business to be able to assist his father in their family buisness and one day be prepared to take it over. And yes, we're dating now.

It's nothing serious yet, we're managing long distance somehow so it's all going great. I don't know how we began dating but it happened which a lot of people never even imagined would happen (including me). Taylor, Pam and Sky just kept staring straight into my eyes when I broke the news to them.

They were sure I was joking.

Jackson too visits LA during his holidays and we spend as much time as we can together before he'll be off once again. I can't visit him since he's literally on the other side of the country. He understands that. I guess the only reason we're managing long distance well is because we both know Jackson will be back here once he earns his college degree.

Anyway, he admits to missing me like crazy even when he's back on the plane to Boston after I see him off at the airport. I find that cute. We both are closer than ever and I couldn't be more happy.

Now, moving on further with the events of the past.

Owen moved to Paris a little to a year ago when Grace and he decided to move in. Since Grace can't leave all that she's managed to single handedly accomplish for Elegant over there Owen didn't hesitate to offer to move countries for her.

He applied for a job there and they're happily living in Paris for the past year. They also got engaged two months ago which got us all over here in LA all hyped up. Owen let us know beforehand he was gonna propose since he needed the permission from Dad first who didn't hesitate to approve since he really liked Owen.

No matter how much we insisted Owen did not let us witness it all virtually on a video call. He was probably worried Grace would say no and he'd die of embarrassment. But his reason to not allow us was that he wanted a private moment for themselves.

Anyway, no one was surprised when Grace said yes, crying all the way. Although I can swear Dad cried more than her, but who's comparing.

Harry was beyond happy for his son for finding love in his life. He came for to our place the very day and we had our own little celebration. Dad and Harry talked for hours about their kids.

My brothers didn't hold back on the 'brother talk' with Owen the following day of their engagement. Grace found it adorable while Owen may have never been more elated on his decision to move countries.

Brody, James, Troy and Chase bombarded Grace and Owen with questions that mostly involved the confirmation of the wedding date which the newly engaged couple very politely replied with a 'not so soon' answer. By brothers and cousins were bummed out immediately.

Well of course they were. They enjoyed Papa and Dad get married so much that they were already looking forward to the next wedding in line within the family. Since Grace has informed us they'll take some time, my younger older siblings are now eyeing Wes and Theo any chance they get.

Wes and Theo immediately shut them down with 'not happening anytime soon, keep dreaming' which gave rise to very dramatic reactions from our siblings which also included slamming some doors shut, and the theatrical 'I am not getting any younger' mom version speech. God knows why my brothers as well as cousins felt they could pull that speech off being the younger ones and of course-not the mom.

I believe it was all because they hadn't ever witnessed a sibling wedding so they just wanted to. It's safe to say their protest against our elder brothers got shot down merely with a threat to get disowned from the Kingston family name by Wes and Theo. Thanks to Charlie and Emmett's wonderful idea.

Now that I am done reminiscing some happy moments of the past I should focus on the matter at hand. Since today's my fathers first wedding anniversary my elder brothers and uncle together have announced for a party at our house. This party includes only family since we wish to keep it intimate.

It's almost afternoon as I drive at the base to finish some of my pending work for the day and then head back home quick to help my brothers with the arrangement of the party and decorations.

I enjoy my work around here and since Sam has returned my job back to me, that is, recruited me back in his team I've been working insanely hard. I was so stoked when he offered me the position once again, I had been working damn hard to get his approval all the time.

Sam never really filled or assigned my former position in his team to anyone even though he had many capable recruits available to choose from which made me wonder if he was waiting for me to prove my worth and earn back my title. He finally gave in a few months after I lost my position in his team.

The only people equally happy and excited as me were my team mates, Kate, Shane and Levi.

I knock before entering the room the meeting was being scheduled in and as expected I found Sam and our team inside. They looked at me-no wait- stared at me as I take my seat next to them.

"Finally you made it. I was getting worried", Sam smiled sarcastically.

I frowned. "Huh?"

"You continue to hold the record around here. I'm proud babe", Kate playfully punched my shoulder.

"I'd give you credits though. You arrived earlier than the usual LSD", Shane said in amusement. "You know Leah Standard Time."

I frowned in confusion as I glance at my watch and then look at them. "I don't understand. I'm on time."

Levi sighs dramatically. "What time did Sam call for meeting my dear friend?"

"11 o'clock", I answered.

My friends groan loudly while Sam's already tight smile tightened further scaring me.

"10:30, Leah! The meeting was scheduled for 10:30! You're half an hour late!", Levi exclaimed.

"Technically 45 minutes dude", Shane corrected him. "We're supposed to be present here 15 minutes prior to the agreed time."

I look at them all for a whole damn minute before it finally settled on me. "OH SHIT!"

"There it is", Kate sighs.

I was once again late? Seriously?

"People ask me how my team's doing and if I am proud of what I've achieved with them", Sam spoke lowly. "I just don't know what to say."

I sheepishly look at him. "Sam- "

"You're giving me grey hair Leah! Seriously it's highly concerning!", Sam scolded me.

I immediately stood up in horror and looked at his hair on his head. "I can't find any. Did you dye your hair?"

Shane and Levi face palmed themselves while Kate laughed.

Sam's jaw clenched, his face got red as I slowly step away from him and nervously chuckle. "You--um-- look like the Tom and Jerry character when they get angry and their face becomes red and smoke comes out of their ears."

"Oh yeah? Good", Sam grit his teeth.

I slowly take a seat and try not to directly look into Sam's eyes.

"One more time you're late and that's it! I'll- ", Sam began scolding me and my heart rate skyrocketed.

"Kick you out of the team?!", I finished his sentence knowing exactly what he meant. "What? No! Please Sam, you can't! I worked so hard! I swear give me this 36th chance and I'll surely not let you down!"

My panic seemed to have amused my team mates and surprised my boss.

"Say something and don't take away my job again!", I exclaimed. "Please! Please! Please!"

Sam frowned. "Leah if you'd let me finish talking you'd know what I was going to say. I meant if you're late one more time I'm filing a complaint to your uncle, your former boss."

"THAT'S WORSE!", I shout in horror.

"I know", Sam smiled sweetly. "Owen and Lan suggested me to do it considering you were always late during your gang days too."

Someone's dying today. I don't like to use names but it's Lan and Owen, my 'soon to be' former best friends.

"You're not that mean", I pouted.

"I will be if you start giving me grey hairs", Sam grit, with a sweet smile.

"But there aren't any!", I insisted as I grab his head and pull it down and inspect his hair all around his head.

Levi looked at me in shock. Kate laughs her ass off and Shane seemed to be amazed that I actually had the guts to do that. I froze when I realise what I did. I clear my throat as I let go of my Boss's head and lean back on my chair.

Sam takes a deep breath settling his hair using his hands that I accidentally disturbed and looks down at the file in his hand. "Let's begin the meeting before smoke comes out of my ears."

"Definitely. You go boss! The best boss! Bestest boss!", I cheered.

One glare from Sam and my mouth sealed tight shut. My friends stifle their laughs.

Once the meeting got over I headed off to finish my assignment for the day. It wasn't going to take me long thanks to Sam, who knew I had applied for a half day prior to this meeting, since we have a party tonight. Atleast I didn't piss him off that bad.

He really is the bestest boss.

Two hours later I was done with my work and just when I was packing my stuff and putting away a few things someone yelled extremely loudly in my ear.

I instantly turn and grab the person and slam them to the ground with their arm twisted.

"Ow!", Steve whines in pain.

Eric snickered, standing near his friend's head. "I told you not to do that. It's always a dangerous idea."

I slowly get off Steve and stare at him. "How many times dude? I always put you down on your ass and yet you never learn?"

"I'm still trying to get one over you and mind you I'm getting closer", Steve groans as he stands up leaning sideways checking his back for any crack.

"Uh huh? How are you getting close? You always end up lying down in pain", I frown.

"Now I can sneak up behind you without you noticing", Steve smirked. "Took a while and some bruises to accomplish that, but here we are. Soon I'd be able to catch you off guard and put you on your ass. That day I'll be Superman of this mafia."

"Can't wait to see that", Eric joked.

"Me neither!", Steve squealed. "Imagine how respected I'll become around here. My status will be higher than the Don's rank! The impression I'll earn of pulling one over the Leah Kingston would be my moment of glory."

It's adorable to think he believes that'll happen.

I stare at him in disbelief. "Keep dreaming, tubby."

Eric laughs while Steve scoffs. "I'll do it. You'll see."

"The day you make that happen will be the day I officially put myself through hell. I promise to dress like Barbie the next day to work", I challenge.

Eric gasped loudly in shock. Steve's jaw drops to the floor. "Did you just say that?"

"Uh huh", I nod confidently.

"Damn she's serious", Eric whispered to Steve in shock. "She loathes Barbie."

Steve slowly grinned. "Eric is the witness here. You better not go back on your word Leah."

"I won't", I smirk back.

Eric stared at us two. "I might have just peed a little."

"It's official! I'm signing up for fighting classing this instant to take over you!", Steve announced.

I smiled in amusement shaking my head.

"Yeah you do that. Gym's not your cup of tea. Combat fighting obviously will be", Eric said sarcastically. I chuckled as he and I high-fived.

Steve glared at him. "You're on her side your mine? Don't forget your playstation is in my custody right now. It's safety is in your hands."

Eric paled. "Your side of course."

"Good", Steve said smugly.

I chuckled finding them as entertaining as ever. "So, any piece of gossip you got for me today?"

Eric and Steve scoff. "Excuse you? Who do you think we are? We have better jobs than gossiping."

So they're still trying to live in denial. "Yeah? I wonder how to got the title of gossip queens around here then", I pretend to think. "Nevermind, I'll ask Finn."

"Alright!", Steve groans. Eric sighs in defeat.

I smirked. "So?"

"We may or may not have seen our former boss dance in his office", Steve whispered secretly.

"WHAT!?", I screamed.

They both jump and look around frantically in panic. "Shhhhh!", Eric whisper yelled at me.

"Uncle Rowan is dancing?!", I exclaimed in shock.

They both grinned. "Oh yeah. Was a sight alright."

"I don't believe this. He's never danced before...not that I know of", I mutter in surprise. "I didn't know he could dance."

"We neither!", Steve chuckled.

"Does Landon know? He'll pass out if he does. It's practically his dream to see uncle Rowan dance", I grinned. "But he holds back from pestering him considering he's dating his son now."

They both laugh. "Our first idea was to tell Lan of course. And we did go to see him", Steve nods.

"So? How did he react?", I ask excitedly.

"Oh it didn't come to that", Eric shook his head. "He was...not in a position to hear us out."

"What?", I ask in confusion.

They both shrug. "We both went to his office to see him and caught Dean and Lan in a very... compromised position."

I smacked my own head.

"They're both very emphatic about their feelings for one another, I'll tell you that", Eric nods.

"And loud too", Steve agreed. "Did you hear the banging from outside Dean's office like I did? They surely seemed to agree with each other a lot."

Eric nods while I openly and quite loudly expressed my feeling about hearing that. "Ahh shut up! You're talking about my cousin and best friend!"

Steve sighs. "It's our fault really. Everyone knows Dean's office is practically a sex zone now. Never enter if the blinds are close and the door is locked."

"The banging is caution enough!", Eric exclaimed.

"And the.. human passion sounds", Steve said weirdly.

"Oh god!", I screamed as I ran out of the room hearing Steve and Eric laugh after me. I knew they were doing it on purpose to make me uncomfortable. They really enjoy that.

"You two are lucky I love you", I snap at them poking my head inside the room.

"Aw", Steve sends a flying kiss my way.

"We love you too", Eric grinned.

I narrowed down my eyes at them before leaving. I shudder as I walk towards Sam's office to hand him the report.

As I was nearing his office I happened to pass the tech office and the door was open. My eyes looked inside and found Landon and Dean leaning on Landon's desk making out quite passionately...fully clothed by god's grace.

"You're here to work idiots!", I said loudly.

Landon jumps in fear at my sudden voice, pulls away from his boyfriend, tries to adjust his half unbuttoned shirt and patt his hair down. Dean on the other hand couldn't care less looking half disheveled.

"Atleast close the door dammit! Innocent eyes around here", I grimaced.

Landon was blushing like crazy while Dean just looked at me with a lopsided smile. "Hey Leah! Thank you for disturbing us mid session."

Landon smacked his arm in embarrassment while Dean just grabbed his waist and pulled him close to his body and held him tightly there. I gawk at the audacity.

"You're a real cock block little cousin", Dean smiled.

"Dean!", Landon gasps in shock and slams his own hand on Dean's mouth to shut him up.

"Stop before your dick falls off Dean", I smiled sweetly.

"Leah!", Landon gasped in shock.

Dean narrowed down his eyes on me before pulling away Landon's hand from his mouth. "Jealous?"

"Noooo", I smile shaking my head. "I had some fun of my own last time Jackson was here", I lied through my teeth.

Landon gawked at me while Dean forgot all of his cockiness and his boyfriend too. He slowly pushed Landon off him and turned towards me.

"What did you just say?", Dean asked slowly.

"What you just heard", I said a sing song way enjoying my bit of torturing him.

"You did not", Dean narrowed his eyes.

"I did", I said in a sing song way.

"You better tell me this is a joke Leah Stevenson Kingston!", Dean glared. "Or I'll call for backup!"

"My Dad taught me not to lie, big brother", I said innocently, once again lying through my teeth for fun.

"Babe tell me she's joking", Dean turns to look at Landon in shock.

Landon looked at me and I show him my intimidating eyes daring him to disagree with me. He knows I'm lying, I share everything with him and Owen, but he better not ruin my fun over here.

"I- uh ", Landon started sweating finding it hard to take a side, now that he has a relationship with both me and Dean.

Dean couldn't form words, let alone sentences. I grinned evilly. "See ya guys."

As I began to walk away Dean stopped me. "You're messing with me, right?"

I smile innocently before doing a slow shrug.

"Oh hell no!", Dean snapped. "Where is this Jackson?! He better live his now short life to the fullest before I end it."

Landon sighs. "Leah enough now."

"Wha- ? What?", Dean looked back and forth at Lan and I. "She's kidding? She is, isn't she? LEAH!"

I roll my eyes knowing Landon's going to cave. "I'm going to head back home as soon as I can so that I can help others for tonight. Unlike some people I won't waste time."

"We were heading some..soon!", Dean defended.

"Sure you were", I smiled. "Before I interrupted of course."

Landon looked all around the office walls except me. Dean opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

"I'll see you guys at the mansion", I wave at them before moving out and leaving those two embarrassed after me.

Soon enough I was driving back home after informing Sam. I had promised Dad to pick him up from work on my way home so I was heading there first. I left a message before I was leaving the base so he can expect me.

Dad walked out of the building when the guards informed him of my arrival. He got inside occupying the passenger seat and I was off to the Kingston house.

"Hey princess", He smiled sweetly.

"Did you tell Papa you were working today of all days?", I asked with an amused smile.

"No and you better not tell him. He thinks I'm at our Stevenson home chilling in front of the tv eating french fries", Dad warned.

I chuckled. "One year into the marriage and you're lying to him?"

"You're my daughter princess, how dare you try to guilt me?", Dad was horrified.

"I'm Papa's daughter too", I smirked.

"I raised you!", Dad gasped.

"He is the reason I was born", I deadpanned.

"Unbelievable. I knew you'll switch teams soon enough. God I miss your big sister now. Hell your brothers are more on my side than you", Dad frowned.

I chuckled. "But I'm still your one and only princess."

"That can change", Dad looked at me.

I glance at him with a serious look. "Don't you dare."

Dad smiled pulling my cheek. "Adorable."

"I'm 19 now. Definitely not adorable Daaad!", I whine.

Dad just smiled in amusement.

As we reach the gates of the Kingston mansion we were stopped by the guards. Sanders walked to the passenger side and I saw my father groan loudly.

"Please step out of the car sir. I need to pat you down", Sanders smiled cheekily.

I smiled shaking my head. This happens almost everytime. Sanders and Dad have this weird friendship where they love to annoy each other. Well, Sander does. Dad just tolerates.

"You must be joking", Dad deadpanned. "I'm married now. You think I'm a threat to my family?"

Sanders shrugs. "I'm just doing my job."

"Then why aren't you going to pat down my daughter? She's most likely to be carrying a gun! I haven't even touched one my whole life!", Dad exclaimed.

"I have no intentions of dying this early in my life", Sanders said sweetly.

"Good answer", I grin.

Dad's jaw clenched. "I'm going to get you fired."

Sanders looked at him offended. "And make my family suffer? My job pays for our bills David. How can you be so heartless?"

Man he's a good actor.

"Guilt? You really went there?", Dad frowned.

"Did it work?", Sanders raised an eyebrow.

"YES!", Dad yelled in frustration making me and Sanders laugh.

"Let us go Sanders before my father loses it", I chuckled.

Sanders grinned. "I was just messing with you David. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I'm happy for you and boss."

Dad paused a second with surprise before he smiled softly. "Thank you Sanders."

Sanders smiled in reply gesturing for the other guards to open the gates for us. We wave at him as I drive through.

As we walked inside I didn't recognise my home for a few seconds. I pause and look all around admiring the decorations which adorned every single corner of the house.

"Welcome home!", Jamie cheered moving forward to hug Dad.

"Wow. You get a new father and I'm suddenly all forgotten", I deadpanned.

Dad grinned and Jamie pulled out his tongue at me before saying. "You don't take care of me like David does."

"Last week I cleaned your tornado struck bedroom and picked up your dirty launder, you pig", I frowned.

"Because you lost a bet. Never in this life would you do that for me voluntarily out of a good heart", Jamie smirked.

"Whatever. I'm going to go find Papa who actually loves me more than his sons", I scoff.

"That was low Leah!", Jamie calls out.

As I walk in further into the living room I found Charlie and Emmett instructing the house help on which crockery will be used today for dinner.

"Hey guys. Need any help?", I asked.

They smiled turning to look at me. "Sure", Charlie nods looking at Emmett.

"Go wake up Brody. It's afternoon already", Emmett smiled sweetly.

"Oh come on", I frowned. "Help as in anything that has got nothing to do with Brody."

Charlie smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry Leah. That is the only help we need right now and no one else is ready to do that."

"Of course no one is. Cowards", I grit as I start heading for Brody's room.

That idiot sleeps without a care in the world thinking he's Snow White. Who would believe he's a 20 year old boy who still needs someone to wake him up everyday because if one of us won't he's most likely to sleep all day.

I slam open the door to his room in hopes to wake him up with the loud noise. But when am I that lucky?

"Wake up Brody!", I climb on the bed and shake his shoulders aggressively. He continued snoring.

"Wake up dammit! The sun's been out for hours!", I yelled in his ear.

No response. I growled in frustration as I get off the bed and walk into his bathroom. I pick him a bucket full of water and come back to throw all of it on his face without hesitation.

Brody gasped loudly as he woke up in alarm sitting up straight, trying to breathe, water dripping from his hair into his face. He looked all around frantically before his eyes fell on me and then his drenched self.

"Leah! Seriously?", He groans. "I was about to score."

"Good. I saved that imaginary girl from suffering a horrible fate. Now wake up dude", I said putting back the bucket in the bathroom.

Brody frowned with his eyes closed sitting with his legs crossed in the middle of the bed, now not caring about the water on him and the sheets.

"You better not sleep again. Alarms are a foreign concept to you or what?", I frowned.

"I prefer not to put myself through torture everyday little sister", He replied opening his eyes.

"So you put your family through torture? Good to hear", I said sarcastically as I head to the door.

Brody sighs pushing away the quilt off him. I pause at the door to look at him. "The party's in a few hours. Do not sleep again."

"What party? There's a party?", Brody questioned in a sleepy state.

I stare at him in disbelief. "You're unbelievable, you know that?"

"Yeah. Now what's that about a party?", Brody asked curiously.

"One year ago our fathers got married Brody. Today's the celebration remember?", I raise an eyebrow.

Realisation crossed Brody's eyes. "Oooo yeah."

"Great. Now get up and dry your sheets yourself before Troy finds you like this and tells everyone you peed", I said before leaving his room.

A few hours later I was all ready and down helping everyone with the last of arrangements. The food was ready, the house was decorated and the guests were to arrive any moment now.

Even though it's only a family gathering we wanted to make it as special and memorable as we could.

I go sit take a seat on the couch and watch my brothers play video games. A few minutes later Theo arrived and sat down next to me.

"We've come so far huh", Theo smiled softly. I look at him. "This family has come so far."

"Yeah. Seems too crazy when I look back", I agreed with a small smile.

"For real. To think that we all met after Dad won the American mafia back. I remember seeing you for the first time when you, Lan and Owen brought my little brothers back home safe."

I nod remembering. "I'll never forget that day."

"Me neither", Theo sighs deeply.

"Heck I remember meeting Wes for the first time. One hell of a situation he was in", I smiled.

Theo shook his head, a small smile etched on his face. "You saved his life. The fact that you met your own eldest brother in an alley injured seriously is something that can only happen to you two."

I grinned. That's so true. I can never forget how amazed and shocked I was when I saw Wes. It just got even more shocking when he told me he's a Kingston.

"That day Wes told me as a joke that you must be fated strongly with our family with all the coincidences and connections you held with all of us", Theo chuckled. "What did we know then."

I smiled softly.

"Did I hear my name?", Weston smiled as he walked around the couch and sat down on my other side.

I look at him and took a second before I jump to hug him. Naturally I caught him off guard. I rest my face on his chest as he slowly put his arms around me.

"Woah. What did I do to earn this special hug?", Weston joked.

"You existed", I muttered looking up.

Wes smiled curiously looking at me then up at Theo who just smiled fondly at us two in return.

"Theo you better join the hug", I said. Theo chuckled before he complied.

I felt content at that moment. Nothing mattered to me as I relax into that warm hug. For some reason tears filled my eyes and I close my eyes shut before they escape.

I care and love my brothers so much I can hardly describe it in words. They mean so much to me that it almost hurts. They're a blessing in my life, though I'll never admit that ever in front of them.

"Someone's emotional today", Weston whispered, caressing the back of my head.

"It's nothing", I sniffed.

Neither Wes nor Theo asked me what happened and I was glad. I didn't know why I got emotional and I guess they sensed that. It was just nice.

The doorbell suddenly ran making us slowly break the hug.

"I'LL GET IT!", Brody and Troy get up in a jerk, abandoning their game and running towards the door.

I quickly wipe my tears and eyes. Wes kissed the side of my head while Theo pulled me into one quick hug.

"Hey, is everything okay?", Chase asked softly as he turns to look at us behind him on the couch.

"Yeah of course", I smiled exhaling.

Before Chase could say anything we all hear squeals and yells from outside. The fact that we heard both feminine and masculine squeals was concerning.

"Who might that be?", Chase wondered.

"Hard to say. Brody could have squealed in a male voice and Troy in a female voice. We know they're capable", Dean shrugs making us all chuckle.

Emmett picked up a pillow and threw it at his face.

As the sounds of excitement neared the living room we all look in that direction right on time to find two people walk in with two monkeys I know to be my brothers clinging on to them.

I gasped. "GRACE!", I yelled in happiness as I stood up and ran towards her.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

So here's the thing. I know I said this will be the last chapter and it is. But unfortunately I couldn't finish this chapter because it's a big one and I wanted to post today since I always post one chapter every week. So I decided to break this last chapter into two parts. This is the first half and I hope you liked it.

I'll definitely post the next half as soon as I finish it, even if it's as soon as in a couple days. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience guys, trust me I regret not being able to give you the entire last chapter today. Thank you so much for being patient.

Please vote and comment :)

Stay tuned for the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 63K 78
•[COMPLETED]• Book-2 of Costello series This is a sequel of the book "I'm a Costello" I would suggest to read the first book in order to understand...
143K 3K 45
[COMPLETED] It was a sunny day, the weather was perfect for a nice picnic and having fun. It was a day like that when a tragedy struck in the life of...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

80.9K 2.9K 65
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
36.9K 657 21
Leah's mom took her from the rest of her family when she was very young, her stepdad abused her after her mother died, so her life was terrible. But...