The Walking Dead: Danielle Gr...

By _FirstEdition_

Follow Danielle Grimes on a Walking Dead journey like no other. An ex delta force, army confederate who stand... More

1. The Camp
2.
3. Atlanta
4.
5. The CDC
6.
7.
8. The Farm
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. The Prison
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22. *
23.
24. *
25.
26. *
27.
28. The Prison Part 2 *
29. The Big Spot
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35. The Tracks
36.
37. The Claimers
38. Terminus
39. Terminus Pt.2
40. The Church
41.
42.
43.
44. The Road Trip
45.
46. The Barn
47. The Barn pt.2
48. The Barn pt.3
49. The Barn pt.4
50.
51.
52.
53. Alexandria
54.
55.
56.
57. *
58.
59. *
60. *
61.*
62.
63.
64.
65.*
66.*
67.
68. Alexandria Pt.2 *
69.
70.*
71.
72. The Wolves
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.*
84.*
85. Jesus
86.*
87.
88. Hilltop
89. Hilltop Pt.2
90.*
91.*
92.
93.
94.
95.
96. Negan
97. Negan Pt.2
98. Negan Pt.3
99.
100.
101.
102. Negans Visit
103. Negans Visit Pt.2
104. Negans Visit Pt.3
105. Negans Visit Pt.4
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113. The Kingdom
114.*
115.*
116.*
117.
118.
119.
120.
121.
122. The Garbage People
123.
124.*
125.
126.
127.
128.
129.
130.
131.
132.
133.*
134.
135. Oceanside
136.*
137.
138. The All Out War
139. The All Out War Pt.2
140.
141.*
142.*
143.*
144.
145.
146.
147.
148.
149.
150.
151.*
152.
153.
154.
155.*
156. A New Beginning
157.
158.
159.
160. Six Years Later
161.
162. The Whisperers
163.
164.
165.
166.
167.
168.
169.
170.
171. Training Day
172.*
173.*
174.*
175.
176. The Cave
177.*
178.
179.
180.
181. Home
Epilogue.*
Bonus Chapter 1.*
Bonus Chapter 2.*
Bonus Chapter 3. Jack
Bonus Chapter 4. Hospital
Bonus Chapter 5. Meet The Dixons

106.

502 11 0
By _FirstEdition_

Daryl's POV

Four days later.

I still can't get over how well Dani handled her self the other day. She knows exactly what Negan is capable of and yet she stood up to him like he was nothing.

I was proud that she did that and I was more than proud when she stood up to Dwight. I made sure no one saw but I had a smirk on my face the whole time she belittled him. And it was about time someone else did. She stood up to three saviours and Negan all in one day and it was hot watching her stand up to them.

Earlier, I was outside working the fence when I heard a M-16 go off and when I looked up, I was shocked it Carl and Liam. I had no idea why they was here. Hell, the whole place heard it which meant Carl and Liam had come up with a plan.

Dani is going to be pissed when she finds out.

Negan had been playing with them all day or maybe it was just me he's playing with. He must know how important those two are to me even if I don't show it. Everything is a mind game with him.

I had almost lost my cool when we went to Alexandria and I heard the way he was speaking with my girl. I just wanted to punch him for the way he kept looking at her. He knew it would rile me up so he did it constantly.

He made Carl and Liam visit his wives and who knows what he said to the boys in there. Then he made them watch as he burned a guys face like Dwight's. The boys have seen enough in their life and I know they're both tough but Negan has a purpose behind everything he did and he seems too friendly with them.

He's up to something.

Once I cleaned the mess inside, Dwight had drug me outside to work the fence. The only weapon I was allowed to use to bring in new walkers was a wooden pole no longer than four feet long. Made me wish I had paid more attention to Morgan's moves.

The gate opens and two trucks come rolling out. The rear one slows and I hear Negans voice call me. "Daryl!" I walk up slowly to the truck, the pole gripped tightly in my hand.

"You seem worried so I'm taking the kids home, maybe go and see Danielle." Negan smirks, leaning out of the window. I narrow my eyes, "If you do anything to them-"

Negans eyes harden. "Dwight!" He yells, slamming his palm against the side of the truck. "Daryl needs a time out, put him back in his box for a while."

Dwight grabs me by the back of my shirt and drags me through the factory. I stumble a step and when I caught myself I happened to look up. I force myself to keep my expression neutral as I see Jesus on top of the truck.

Dwight shoves me back into my cell and slams the door behind me, locking me in. I drop down on to the ground to rest my aching feet.

I suck in a breath and scrub at my face. Jesus is a wily bastard and him and Dani are friends. Who knows how good of friends by now, the bastard. I ground my teeth. I should never have told her where I was. It was not even a week and already she had someone as good as her trying to get me out.

I shouldn't have told her. Seeing her in Alexandria was a relief but I can tell she weren't good. I can see she was struggling just as much as me. When she dragged me to the fence I could think of nothing but kissing her, so I did. And it showed how much I missed it. How much I missed her. And it showed in her kiss how much she missed me.

I wasn't in my cell long when I hear someone approach the door. I tense and turn to the door, preparing myself. The lock turns but the door doesn't open. I frown, leaning closer to the door trying to hear what is happening. I'm trying to figure out if it's a trap.

A piece of paper slides under the door and I hesitate for a moment before picking it up.

Go now.

Was scrawled onto the paper in a handwriting I didn't recognise. I turn over the paper and see a key and a single match taped to the back. I frown. A motorcycle key and match.

A match...

Sherry.

I crack open the door and peak out but no one's around. I strain my ears but don't hear anything so I creep silently into the hall way.

No one.

So I started running.

I come to open door and leapt inside it, softly closing the door behind me. I turn around and see clothes around my size laying about so I grab them, taking my dirty ones off and putting on the fresh clothes.

As I pull on the top, I see a jar of peanut butter on the desk. My stomach rumbles as I look at it so I grab it, unscrewing the lid hastily. I dip my fingers in taking big scoops making me stomach ache when I see wooden figurines on the desk.

Shit. This is Dwight's room.

I hear voices outside and stand up, leaning my ear against the door. It's Dwight's voice. The son of a bitch. After everything he's done to me I ain't letting him live.

When the voices move away I hesitate. I want to kill him. I wanted to end him more than anything. But.....this might be my only chance. Negan and a bunch of his men are gone. I can't throw my chance away.

I turn and snatch a baseball cap of the lamp and put it on so I ain't so easy to recognise. I stare down at those damn figurines and ground my teeth as I flip the table sending them scattering.

I want to kill him.

I'm going to kill him.

I find a knife and make a break for it while I have a chance but all I can think about is how pissed my wife would be if she found out I had the chance to escape and didn't take it. Just for revenge. I tighten my fist around the knife. I ain't going to waste my chance for escape for some prick.

I run down the hallway, slowing as I near an open doorway. I hesitate, the knife raised. Inside, a large group of saviours are gathered around a table. They were eating and laughing listening to music. Another prisoner from the fence I recognise is serving them.

I walk past quickly so I wouldn't attract attention. When I'm clear.....I ran. When I get to the end of the hallway I hesitate next to a large pile of repair items. I dig through them and pick up a three foot length of pipe. I can do a lot of damage with it. I swing it a few times to get the feel of it and run down the hallway.

When I get to the outside door that is normally locked, there's a flattened box of matches holding it from clicking shut. I look around still expecting Sherry to jump out and ask for my help. If she did, I wouldn't know what to say.

She doesn't show so I glance around not seeing anyone else, just a line up of motorcycles that has been there last time. I make a break for the bikes, the key gripped tight in my hand.

"What the hell?" I hear someone's voice behind me. I whirl around to the see the fat prick that sucks up to Negan so bad. He's eating a sandwich and his eyes drops to the pole in my hand. I stalk towards him. "Whoa, whoa, it's cool. I swear." He says holding up his hands but I don't stop.

"Buddy you can walk right out that back gate there and I won't say anything to anybody." He tries again.

I couldn't trust him enough though, everyone here is afraid of Negan more than anything. I couldn't take the chance and I didn't want to. He did this to me every bit as much as Negan and Dwight. I remember the ass kicking he helped deliver.

"I'm supposed to be there now but listen. I'm just trying to get by, just like you. Please!" He begs. I don't listen as I jump forward and swing the pipe down and crush he's skull. I swung it god only knows how many times when I hear a voice behind me.

"Daryl!"

It was Jesus.

He says my name again and I flinch looking up to see him. He's standing a short distance away and holding his hands up to show he isn't a threat. I frown at him. He's looking at me like the people did at Rick and Dani when we first arrived in Alexandria. Like I was out of control.

I look down at the mangled body and there's no way to recognise the bloody face. "It isn't just about getting by here. It's about getting it all." I throw the pipe away sending it across the floor.

"I got the key, let's go." I call over my shoulder to Jesus, not bothering to look at him. I don't care what he thinks about me.

I just had to get out of here.

Get back to my girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 7.7K 54
[«my mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style»] In which...
8.4K 493 39
Leigh had been on the road, on her own, for weeks after being split from her group due to a passing herd. While looking for food, she comes across a...
386 24 8
"Swear to me. Swear to me right now. That you'll stay alive and come back home." The world has collapsed and in its wake, humanity prevails. Amidst t...
5.2K 140 31
When Rossary decided to move away from home and to Atlanta, Georgia, she never once thought the world would end. Along with her friend, Matthew, Ross...