Family Secrets Part 2

By Bad4Lov

This is book 2 from "Family Secrets" we continue to follow Karen through her journey of healing after the maj... More

Heart-to-heart
Cracked open
Miss You
Keep moving forward
Growing Pains
Have you noticed?
I was you P1
I was You P2
What happened?
Read the room
They didn't P1.
They Didn't P2
They Didn't P3
They Didn't P4
We didn't know
She's here fightin'
I'm Sorry P1
I'm Sorry P2
The Surprise P1
The Surprise P2
The Surprise P3
Return to the roots
My Babies
Love-to-Love
You're being difficult
I'm Sorry P3
Back to Work
Opening Up
A blasts from the past
You Can't Be Serious
Shopping Spree
Artsy
Stay Ready
Stay ready P2
Why?!
Am I?
By a Thread
Everything's falling apart
Fix it Jesus
Give It To The Lord
Lord, Give Me A Praying Spirit
A Secret Place
Jesus Heals
We're trying
Its not fair
Jesus will work it out
Work Flow P1
Work Flow P2
Things are getting better?
The truth revealed P1.
The Truth Revealed P2
Already lookin' better?!
What's wrong?
Is it my fault?
Things are good
Things are good P2
Are you alright?
Is it a dream??
To be or not to be?
We're getting closer
Then there was three
Somethings are better left unsaid?
The night before
The Court Case P1
The Court Case P2
Court Case Day 2: P3
Court Case Day 3: P4
Court case Day 4: P5
Court Case Day 4 continued
Court Case Day 5: P5
The verdict
The beating
Being vulnerable
Is it over?
Making amends
Karinda
Living
Love Life
Jailbirds...
Who did it?
Trying to get there P1
Trying to get there P2
Witnessing
Help
There's a shift in the atmosphere
Dreaming Of You...
Dreams are gone??
Hurt feelings
Hurt feelings P2
Hurt Feelings P3
Hurt feelings P4
Hurt Feelings P5
Are you for real?!
Forgive and move on
What are we gonna do?
We're working on it
Welcome home
Whats going on?
Goodbye High School
Who?!

Hurt Feelings P6

234 16 61
By Bad4Lov

Notes: Drew tries to get Karen back home after having a hard time at work and at home he realizes that he really can't live his life without his wife.

(The theme song for this chapter and for Drew this song is basically his thoughts. 😭)

It was nearing the end of the week and Drew knew that he couldn't have made it to Sunday without seeing his wife so he had enlisted the help of his parents to help him with the kids.

He had regretted ever getting into that fight with her. He didn't know what it was but he just went off on her in the worst possible way ever and he didn't mean any of what he said and now his life was falling apart without her. Even at the church everything was falling apart and things were going wrong since he had apparently kicked her out of his house knowing goodness well he had put Karen's name on the deed. Drew knew he would sometimes say stupid things out of anger but he never thought he would be that stupid and now Karen really wasn't trying to answer his phone calls anymore especially since the fight. But not only that to make matters worse the girls found out by Faith talking to Dorinda since Karen wouldn't come out of her room.

And, Matti basically had to make Leo break down the room door that Karen was in so Matti could force her to eat for the babies. So in other words, Matti wasn't about to let Karen starve her unborn grand babies out just because she was highly upset and still love sick over, Drew.

It was like Karen wasn't really thinking right and now she didn't even know what to do except for continue to cry.

"I can't believe you couldn't get Ki and J.Drew to do tummy time." Mama Sheard said after both her and John had gotten their grand kids to do it. After they saw how his own babies was fighting against him and throwing their toys at him. So, Mama Sheard had got J.Drew and John had got Ki having to turn tummy time into a game for them so they could corporate with them. So, they finally did and it was about 30 minutes of tummy time because Drew could barely get the five minutes in with them before the twins started crying.  Then Mama Sheard had looked at everything realizing something because they got an emergency call from Drew and all their attention was on the twins.

"Drew this house is a mess, Karen is definitely gonna kill you when she comes back home." Mama Sheard said looking around the house seeing toilet paper every where the cushions all out the couch, the tv messed off hanging off it's connector, markers on the wall, and everything else in between with the cabinet doors all opened up. "That is if she comes back home." Mama Sheard said after hearing about the fight from Drew and Dorinda. But before she started talking again she had spotted something different about her son's hair.

"Drew did that baby color in your bald spot?!" Mama Sheard asked him after seeing some black stuff on his head knowing their son didn't have that much hair. "Did-did he try to color on your face?" Mama Sheard said after looking at her son's face more closely.

"Look I don't know how but Ace got to Nikki's markers when I was taking a nap. I thought he was taking a nap too in his play pin." Drew said after he had made a palette of blankets for him with his pillow. But somehow Ace still woke up before him and Ace had been terrorizing Drew in his own house and Mama Sheard tried not to laugh holding in her smirk.

But his daddy was already laughing at him.

"That boy giving you hell like you gave us when you was his age." John said to his son.

"Daddy now I was not that bad." Drew said refusing to believe it.

"Yess you were. You got your little butt whooped 24/7 that's the only thing that kept you out of trouble is if your mama had the belt hanging on her shoulder all the time." He said calling his son out.

"Lawddd let me go see if you feedin' these kids right." Mama Sheard said going into the refrigerator and seeing that some food pots was turned over or was all the way off.

"Drew what in the world?!" Mama Sheard said taking out a pot of collard greens with it's pot lid falling off and the refrigerator all messed up on the inside.

"That was Ace I caught him going in the refrigerator feedin' himself." He said.

"That poor baby. You probably got him over here starving." Mama Sheard said.

"Mama I ain't starve him. I fed him a full plate of food and then he wanted some more like he had worked two jobs and some of mine. He was just filling in for Karen while she's gone." Drew said arching his eyebrow. "Hm that baby greedy like his grandma then." Mama Sheard said finally agreeing with Drew on something after she had stopped being mad at him. Because Mama Sheard had called, Drew stupid too for getting into the fight with Karen like that.

"Hm. I guess I could clean this mess up and help feed my grand kids before you starve them to death." Mama Sheard said as she got to work.

"I'll go get Ace." John said going upstairs. "Please don't wake him up early he got like 5 minutes before he wakes up." Drew said begging his daddy not to go up there yet because he needed those five minutes for himself before dealing with Ace again.

"Boyyy if I learned anything in raising two boys it's that he's probably already awake now tearing up everything especially if he did all this and you just let him run loose around this house you don't got no control over him." John said shaking his head while going upstairs.

"Look it was a timeee gettin' him to take his nap while I tried to clean up." Drew said.

"Whewww you call this clean?!" Mama Sheard said lifting up a dirty top lid that Ace was eatin' off of. "I tried my best y'all know I like being clean but we got too many kids in here and I be needing my wife's help to keep everyone in line." Drew said admitting it to it. "Well at least you know who have more authority in this house." Mama Sheard said knowing that it wasn't Drew.

"Mamaaa really?!" Drew said being shocked that she would say that. "Really you barely be home anyways to help her. So, of course there's gonna be a little power dynamic shift going on when you be back at home." She told him looking at him and he knew that his mother was right.

"Yeah, you're right I could cut back on my hours at the church to help out at home more often." Drew said. "And plus that's probably the only way that baby is gonna like you is if you help out some more with him because right now he's testing your patience." She said.

"Drewww get up here!" John said hollering at his son like he was in trouble now and so they both just went upstairs to see what it was and it was Ace with powder all over him butt naked with his clothes laid out everywhere and powder was all up in his hair. It was every where.

"Let me go get my camera." Mama Sheard said not being able to hold in her laugh anymore.

"Boyyy he whoopin' your tail. I'm sendin this to Karen whewww chileeee." Mama Sheard said smiling. "Baby come here to take this picture for your nana." She said and Ace was just cheesing all types of hard lookin' cute with his bad self. "Ace now what were you doin'?!" Drew asked his grand son. "Clean." He cheesed telling Drew that he was trying to clean himself with the baby powder still in his hand because he was in Drew's and Karen's bathroom. While Mama Sheard took the pictures to send to Karen smiling at Ace.

"Oh this poor baby was tryin to clean himself come on let grandma clean you up. Lawd Jesus." Mama Sheard said with her stomach hurtin' so bad from laughin'.

"Lawd Jesus now I gotta clean this bathroom up before my wife come back home and really kill me." Drew said looking in the bathroom seeing that there was powder everywhere and Ace had gotten into the rest of Karen's makeup that she didn't take with her.

"Fine. I admit it. I need my wife!" Drew said. "Forget tomorrow, I need her TUHHDAY!" He said not knowing what he was gonna do while Mama Sheard had went ahead into Ace's room getting him some clean clothes to wear so he she could wash up him and change him.

Now here mama Sheard was taking care of Ace getting him all cleaned up while washing his hair and re-braiding his hair, Drew was able to clean up the kitchen like he had wanted too without any of the kids interfering.

"Son I don't know why you thought you could be left alone with Ace." John said looking at his son clean everything up. "Well I mean he was good for the first few days...somewhat." Drew added on. "Mmhm he whooping your tail real good for Karen." His daddy said shaking his head.

"When Karen come back home do what you're supposed to do I shouldn't have to tell you that you should already know that as a leader of this house." He told his son and Drew just nodded his head. "I know dad. But I'm going over to Dorinda's house today to go get her. I'm a make everything right and I'm not waitin' for my wife no more." Drew said not being able to take it even though he had now got the kitchen clean and was moving onto the living room while his dad had helped him fix the TV before Karen came back home and started fightin' Drew.

"Karen don't need to see no evidence that this house was messed up. Now, I gotta go to the store and replace all of her makeup that Ace went into because I don't know how much of it he had used." Drew said. "Boy just go ask your mama you know she knows about that stuff." He told him and Drew just nodded his head okay while they had both helped to clean up the living room while Drew had vacuum cleaned the floors getting Ace's crumbs up from his lunch.

"I ain't know how messy he could get." Drew said cleaning everything up. But then once they had finished with downstairs, Drew had needed to take a step back to make sure that everything was set in place especially before Nikki and Faith had came home from school and from the studio because they were surely gonna bust out and start laughing at him. Because he knew they would help with keeping the house clean and they weren't even gone for a couple of hours. If anything it was only a few hours and so he didn't know how Faith had dealt with Ace.

Now after they had finished cleaning up the downstairs they had went upstairs to go see Mama Sheard putting on fresh clothes for Ace and he was just being the sweetest angel to her.

"You so cuteee. I don't know why your grandpa can't handle you." Mama Sheard said smiling at him and Ace smiled back at her excited that he got another one.

"Mama don't fall for him you seen what he did before." Drew said to her. "Boy hush you were just like him." Mama Sheard said. "Ignore him he don't know what he talking about." Mama Sheard dismissing her son while she talked to Ace. "Now you need to be good for your grandpa okay he's old and losing his hair." She told him. "Color. I was trying to help." Ace said giggling knowing what he did to the bald spot. "No, no don't color in his head no more okay just use some paper." Mama Sheard said. "Okayyy." Ace smiled at her understanding her. "He can't grow hair like that I know you was just tryin' to help him. It came from the right place." Mama Sheard said hyping him up.

Once Ace was all dressed up and ready to go they had put his car seat in their car taking it from Drew's car so he could get a break from his grandson. They couldn't believe that Ace was runnin' Drew like that but they could at the same time so it wasn't that surprising. So, Mama Sheard had basically made lunch for the babies.

While they were downstairs Mama Sheard was feeding J.Drew the formula milk that everyone in the house had thought he had hated. Then Drew had noticed and was shocked because J.Drew be fightin' everybody over that formula milk making them think that he didn't like it.

"He don't ever be taking that milk he be fightin' me, sometimes he fights Karen for it and Nikki and Faith." He said. "So they just give them the breast milk that Karen has for him." Drew said.

"Well he's taking it fine for me." Mama Sheard said with her hand on her hips. "He fights both me and Karen over that formula milk." Drew said. "Well that's because he thinks Karen got more milk coming it's like he can sense it's not going away anytime soon." Mama Sheard said. "And you, you just don't feed it to him right." Mama Sheard told him while she held J.Drew's bottle for him and he was just drinking his milk with no problem whats so ever.

"J.Drew when mama comes home she's gonna know about this one." Drew told him and J.Drew had stopped sucking his milk for a moment to eye his daddy and roll his eyes at him. "Oooh this boy got too much attitude. That's you all the way around." Mama Sheard said with J.Drew wanting his milk again reaching for it from her hands and so she had started feeding him again.

"Now I was not like that as a baby." He said and Mama Sheard eyed him.

"Tuh. You threw bottles every week when you first started going on them." Mama Sheard said going back to feeding her grandson.

Then, John had started talking to his son about what he was supposed to do for today.

"Now where you goin' for today son?!" John asked his son while they were downstairs and Mama Sheard was feeding Ace and the twins and J.Drew didn't even fuss with his grandma when she had gave him the formula.

"I'm gonna go get my wife." He said. "And what you gonna do when you bring her back home?!" He asked him arching his eyebrow at his son. "What I been was supposed to do?!" He told him.

"That's right." His daddy said nodding his head. "Now we'll take Ace and the twins off your hands for you. "And I'm guessing Nikki and Faith will probably stay at their aunties house for tonight if you could get her back." He said. "Just let us know if you do. But if not Ace gotta come back ova here." John said shaking his head knowing that Ace was a lot to deal with and so they was gonna let Drew have a break for the rest of the day. That was if Karen took him back.

Once everybody was done with everything here Drew was going to the store after talking to his mother about what he had needed to replace since Ace had gotten into her makeup when he wasn't looking.

So he basically got Karen a gift basket, new makeup, gift cards, and money that was already in cash and a card apologizing to her for his behavior and some of her favorite flowers to add onto the apology for treating her the way that he did and it was over $500 that he had spent on his wife that day without her knowing it.

While he was driving to Dorinda's house he was just thinking about how everything at work was starting to go downhill because his home life was going downhill. It was like two went hand in hand and once something started going on at home it started happening at his job in a different form. It was like he had to keep bringing extra clothes with him to work because somebody would always spill coffee on him and it would be that hot scolding coffee too that made him hold in his scream.

Then while he was driving Usher's U got it bad came on and it had put him in his feelings real quick because the lyrics were to relatable he didn't wanna do anything without his boo.

So when he finally made it to Dorinda's house he had knocked on the door with Dorinda already opening it waiting for him.

"NIGGA WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING HERE?!" Dorinda said getting ready to fight him and Drew had just backed up to show her the gift that he bought for his wife.

"Dorinda please I need to go talk too my wife it's important. It's an emergency!" He said putting some sense of urgency in there. "Wait a minute." Dorinda said shutting the door in his face still not inviting him inside like she usually would've done and locked it.

"Baldy said he's here for you it's an emergency." Doridna told Karen whispering to her because she didn't want Drew to know that she was downstairs. "Ask him is it about my babies?!" Karen asked her whispering it to her and so, Dorinda had opened up her house door again. "Is it about the babies?!" Dorinda asked him. "Not really." Drew said and Dorinda had quickly closed the door in his face but not before he could stop it from shutting. "Look I need to talk to my wife the house is falling apart without her." Drew said. "Aweee boohoooo like I care." Doe said going to shut the door in his face again but he had kept stopping it putting his weight on the door.

"Fool if you don't stop before I slam this door on your hands." Dorinda said not caring wanting to break his hands for hurting his sister with his words.

"Just tell my wife to take this and to take what's in this gift basket I got her. Tell her I'm sorry for me if she reallyyyy don't wanna see me?!" Drew asked her and so, Dorinda had seen the gift basket that he had got her baby sister along with a big ole' oversized teddy bear behind it and it was so cute. "Fine I'll guess I could go give it to her for you." Dorinda said accepting his apology for Karen. "Now run along baldy we got some business to take care of." Dorinda said shooing him away because they were still looking for who had attacked them as well.

So, Dorinda had called Greg Jr. to go get Karen's gift and he went outside picking it up for them.

"Dang auntie he be doing all this for you?!" Greg Jr. asked his auntie and Karen started crying when she seen the gift. "Aweee Doeee he means itttt." Karen cried and Dorinda just shook her head. "Girl just go look for the money so we can go shopping with it." Dorinda said having Greg to bring the oversized gift basket to them in the living room and Karen started going through it saying "Aweee" and crying at the same time. "He do careee." Karen cried again wiping her tears and Dorinda just handed her baby sister a tissue to wipe her face and Matti shook her head not knowing what to do with her baby girl.

"Dorinda how did he look?!" Karen asked her poutin'. "Beat up. That's how." Doe said trying not to laugh at him but she couldn't help it.

So, even though Drew was sitting in his car he had yet to leave knowing that Dorinda and Karen was finna go shopping with the money that he had put in there for Karen and that was over $800. "Look why is his bald head still out there?!" Dorinda said looking out her blinds.

"He gotta be waitin for us to leave." Dorinda said. "Karen let's go out the back." Dorinda laughed and giggled and so, Drew was waiting forever waiting for them but then he had decided to get out of his car again to go get the spare key from it's hiding place and looked inside to find everyone gone only for him to hear a car pull off. "I know they didn't." Drew said looking at Dorinda speed off and laughing out the car window with her baby sister.

Then, Drew rushed back into his car following him because he was determined to talk to his wife and get her back home before Sunday came because he couldn't go another day without having his wife at home.

So here he was literally racing with Dorinda on the highway to get too the mall and when they both had made it there like five minutes apart he had tried to find a parking space that was close enough to them because he wasn't about to just let his wife go like that not without a fight.

"Karen?!" Drew said calling for his wife inside the mall and Karen was trying to walk as fast as she could. "Karen you should've brought your wheel chair with you, you know Drew can run!" Dorinda said as they were trying to escape Drew because he was getting closer to them cuttin' through people saying excuse me.

"KAREN!" Drew said with his voice booming across the mall and Karen and Dorinda had quickly got into the nearest elevator giggling and running from him and he seen that they were going up instead of down which usually took a while and Dorinda was waving bye to him through the glass and Karen was just standing next to her smirking.

"Drew betta not embarrass me in this mall." Karen said while they were now gettin off the elevator but as soon as they got off Drew was right behind them.

"BABY!" Drew said making Karen turn around nearly jumping out of her skin because she ain't know how fast he got up there and he looked like he was out of breath.

(How Karen turned around to look at Drew 😭).

"Drew go home to the kids you're embarrassing me!" Karen said trying not to be loud in this mall because people was starting to stare at them. "I don't give a damn!" Drew said not caring.

"You comin' home with me today!" Drew said puttin' his foot down. "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU TALKIN' TO LIKE THAT!" Dorinda yelled at him not knowing that Karen was lowkey gettin' wet again while awkwardly moving a strand of hair back kinda wanting to go back home with him.

"GIRL GO BACK HOME TO THAT MAN!" One of the mall goers said watching Drew try to get Karen back and Karen just kept trying to walk away from him. "GIRL GO WITH THAT MAN YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO!" Another one said and Karen was being hard-headed. "NOPE GO HOME PASTOR!" Karen hollered at him. "Karen don't make me embarrass us out here cause I will!" Drew said getting up closer to his wife and Karen had backed away from him like she ain't know him. "I'm tryin' to go shop with my sister." Karen said waving him off.

"THAT'S RIGHT YOU BALD MF'ER GO ON SOMEWHERE MAKING MY SISTER CRY THE WAY YOU DID!" Dorinda said hollering at him. "OH HELL NAHHHH!" Another person said not knowing that he had made Karen cry. "KAREN I'M SORRY WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO BEG FOR YOU IN THIS MALL?!" Drew hollered at her literally dropping to his knees for her.

"AWEEEE!" The crowd said of what started gathering around them and Dorinda was looking the other way figuring out who they was saying awe at just being petty.

"I know y'all not awing him." Dorinda said still wanting to beat up Drew.

"Baby please come back home I can't do this thing without you!" Drew said literally on his knees for her in the mall. "You can't leave me. The kids need need you, I need you, the church!" He said. "Come back home baby you can be mad at me all you want too just be mad at me in the house that's all I'm asking. You can even move to another room. Just don't leave me again. I just need to know that you're gonna be there with me. My whole's life been messed up this past week without you being at home." Drew said with his voice breaking getting emotional.

"Maybe baldy means it." Dorinda said arching her eyebrow at him whispering to Karen who was already getting emotional because she knew that Drew meant it she just needed a little bit more time.

"Baby come back home PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU. MY WHOLE WORLD BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. I GOT IT BAD!" Drew said and Dorinda started to laugh at him. "He quoting Usher." Dorinda said trying not to giggle cause Drew was really finna cry in public for his wife.

"I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT I PROMISE I WON'T TREAT YOU BAD AGAIN!" Drew said admitting to it that he made Karen feel bad. "I'M SORRY I HURT YOUR FEELINGS. YOU HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD AT ME. YOU TRUSTED ME AND I BROKE IT BUT I'M TRYING TO FIX IT!" Drew said. "You know I'm slow." Drew said. "He is. He is slow." Dorinda said agreeing with him on that while nodding her head.

"PLEASE BABY COME BACK HOME!" Drew said as he just got finished begging her in front of everybody at the mall and then all eyes were on her.

"I-Drew." Karen said not knowing what to say.

"Please just say yes you'll come back home." Drew begged her up close her while he was still on his knees with his hands now all over her holding her close like no one was looking at them and Karen ain't know what to do. "I'll come back home but not today." Karen finally told him and he didn't know how to take that. Of course his heart was hurting but he was still happy that she wasn't about to leave him for real. "Please just call me then. You don't even have to say anything I just need to know that you're okay." Drew said still on his knees holding his wife closely to him while Karen didn't know. what to do. "O-okay just get up." Karen said and then Drew did as told kissing Karen on her cheek and on her forehead. "Aweeeee." The crowd said. "Ain't nuthin' to see here!" Dorinda said telling to them go on about their business.

"Karen I'm truly sorry for making you feel that way." Drew said apologizing to his wife one last time and so, Karen nodded her head accepting his apology watching him leave the mall.

"Aweee Karen don't start crying." Dorinda said trying to comfort her baby sister. "But I can't help it." Karen said poking out her lips. "Come on lets go shopping with his money." Dorinda said taking that man's black card when he was holding Karen. "Dorinda you didn't." Karen said not knowing whether or not to laugh or cry. "Girl he owes us. He got us here helping you out with the mess that he created. I need some financial compensation I feel like Dr.Womack." Dorinda said knowing that Drew won't even care if he finds out that she took his card.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

What did y'all think about Drew's parents coming over to help him and how he couldn't even get his own kids to do tummy time?

What did y'all think about Ace playing in the powder trying to clean himself and how Mama Sheard took a picture of him to send too Karen?

What y'all think about the house being a mess?

What did y'all think about Drew begging for Karen in the mall and how she almost caved in for him?

What y'all think about Dorinda taking his card? Don't worry y'all Drew is like really rich so he really don't be caring and he knows his cards be going missing whenever Dorinda or Karen is around him.

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 0 5
this is book two in the series I do suggest reading book one but it's not needed Clark kent drops of Chris with Lana, Bruce tells the family about th...
925 89 10
Karen's relationship seems too good to be true, so she asks herself, "Is It Real?"
18.1K 736 48
BOOK 2 from hiding secrets, to spilling the truth. hailey and jack are back at it again, just in a different country, and some added obstacles. **lo...
4.8K 598 37
The very last installment of Family Secrets P6. I mean it this time!!! Lmbooo. Y'all already know what this story is about. 😭💀😭♥️