Dreaming Of You...

Notes: Karen tries to relax at home for the sake of her triplets. But she ends up thinking about things of the past.

It was the following weekend and Karen was just laying in her bed thinking about what had happened over the past week. It was like she couldn't get a break. She had tried so hard to get that first job only for it to end because of the sickness that she had gotten from Greg. It wasn't like she told them she had an STI or anything if anything all she said was that her medical condition was forcing her to stay off her feet and she had to go in one day to show the doctors note to her.

Which she did and Karen thought everything was okay until her boss started thinking more and more about this medical condition and when her boss had done some more snooping around about her past she had started putting two and two together and she basically figured it out what the medical condition was without telling her.

So, when she fired Karen she didn't even have the decency to do it in person when she did try to go in on the day that she went in. Because if anything when she did go in her boss acted as if everything was fine until she tried to clock in and proceeded to tell her that she could take off for half the day and then Karen didn't really think anything of it until later on when her boss had called her that next day and they already had her replacement ready for her.

So, it was as if Karen didn't even need to put in a 2 weeks notice which really bugged her because she knew she was good at her job and she knew that her patients had liked her as well as the families.

But like she had told herself before she wasn't about to stress out over it especially since now she was heavily pregnant with triplets and she had just gotten over one of the firsts outbreak that she had in a long time.

And she didn't want to trigger it again.

But when she had stopped thinking about her old job she had started thinking about what she would do after she had her babies because she knew she couldn't keep staying in the house like she had done before because that was just driving her insane not being able to do anything that wasn't sexually related.

And she didn't want to go back to those types of jobs that was in her field of work because she knew she would get sucked right back into it and she didn't want to do that.

Now all she could do was continue to focus on getting her G.E.D and her babies that was already here until the triplets came. But not only that she was still busy researching private investigators to find out who had attacked her and Dorinda when they were shopping that day for the triplets.

So far they didn't have any luck but that wasn't stopping Karen from continuing her search because she knew if she was persistent then something would come up and of course, Dorinda had wanted to take this to court so they were talking about that. But first they needed to find the people who did this to them and so, Dorinda did take it upon herself to go check up on some of Greg's family members acting as if everything was still cool with them just to see if anyone would act suspicious when she would come around and then Karen would tell her about it.

Because it couldn't be that hard to find out who did this to them.

While Karen had these things running through her mind she also had placed her hand on her stomach feeling her babies move. This was much better than when the twins were in her womb because they had her worried sick because they would not move until Ace came along and sometimes they wouldn't move because of the drugs that Karen did and it did mess up their bones by making them stiff.

But for the most part it was just them being stubborn and scaring everybody as per usual.

But now that Karen was clean from drugs she knew that she didn't have to worry about her babies being on crack. If anything what she did have to worry about was them having an STI because she was told that some STI's could be hereditary. So they still had to monitor the triplets to make sure that they was growing okay inside of her because of the recent outbreak that she had the doctors were even more worried than before.

So they started talking about letting her have a c-section because they knew it was gonna be some complications because she was going to be giving birth to triplets.

Then it was a number of reasons why the doctor had recommended her to have a c-section and it was also because she was over the age of 35 they had considered to be high risk along with the disease. So, now Karen knew ahead of time what her delivery process was going to look like and even though she wasn't giving birth vaginally she was still afraid of having a c-section because she knew that wasn't really an easy way out and the recovery time was going to be harder.

Now that she was thinking about the recovery time that it was going to take her to heal from the c-section she was kind of glad that she was fired from her job. Even if they did discriminate against her or did treat her wrong at times while she was working there she was glad that she got out of that place because it was a little toxic. She just didn't want to admit it at first because she was just so happy to be having a normal job to where she didn't have to use her body.

Sometimes she still had nightmares from working with Big J in the brothel but it wasn't as bad as before from when she had came back home.

So,  it didn't take much for her to calm back down since, Drew had known what to do when his wife would be having a nightmare. And, Drew was just glad that Matti had prayed over Karen while she was in the hospital and when she was at home and Karen knew for this to be true.

But not only that Karen was also thinking about the other baby that her and Drew had together. She had tried so hard to keep Big J from finding out about her being pregnant. But not only that she really wasn't sure if it was Drew's or Big J's anyways because as she had told Drew earlier on he was in her that week like he normally would be doing.

And when she was doing the math she had prayed that it was Drew's just one small chance that it would be his because she was really thinking that this baby was gonna get her out of there and that her and Drew would've been a happy family after he had came and rescued her. But things didn't go as planned.

Then after that it was like her trust was broken. It wasn't that she had meant for Drew to keep proving to her that she could trust him again. But just sometimes it could turn out that way whenever he would try to do something for her.

Because when Drew didn't come like he said he would Karen couldn't keep hiding her pregnancy and she tried to hide for about a good 3-5 months if she had did her math right and even though Big J had beat her like he did after finding out about her pregnancy and throwing her over the balcony from inside the house the baby was still alive at that point and Karen had felt it in her soul that it was alive and she was hoping that Big J would've just left it at that because she would've had something to look forward to even if she wouldn't had wanted her baby to stay there with her in the brothel.

But all she could think about was her and Drew's baby and even though they had made more babies she still had very much wanted that one as she had softly placed both of her hands over her pregnant belly. Lately, she had been thinking about that baby a lot because she never really got the chance to name them. Although she did think about the names on if it was a boy or girl she had never settled on it. But then she realized that she never really got the chance to do anything with their baby except for talk to it a little bit while it was on the inside of her.

She had just wished that she was able to keep it like she had wanted too.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter? Yes this was kindaaa a filler....

What do y'all think about Karen having to have a C-section for the triplets?

Do y'all think that the triplets are infected with the STI?

Do y'all think that Karen is gonna start talking some more about her and Drew's baby that they lost????

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!