The truth revealed P1.

Notes: Karen tells the family about more of her childhood with her father as she sheds some light on some hard truths that they knew nothing about.

TRIGGER WARNING: Child grooming. Drugs.

It had been a few days later and the family was back in session with Dr.Womack. A lot had gone on at Karen's house that the family had known nothing about but since, therapists respected their clients privacy, Dr.Womack was going to always do the same especially since they hadn't had a whole group session in a while after breaking them up into groups.

"Does anyone wanna start?" Dr.Womack had asked them already knowing the tea that was going on in their families but she had needed them to speak up first so they could get the session started after doing the initial greetings and meditations just to get rid of any unwanted tension in the room.

And so, everyone was looking at each other but no one said anything and so they just had looked back at Dr.Womack.

"I'll pick someone to share." She said clasping her hands together and looking at them knowing they knew better than to keep waiting.

"Karen's back to singing." Matti said speaking up and Karen's eyes widen and immediately shook her head head towards her mother and Dr.Womack which made Matti give Karen a look that said, 'stop being scary.'

"Really?!" Dr.Womack had said asking them and Karen was kind of at a loss for words.

"Nooo." Karen spoke up.

"What she means to say is she just made me start training again." Karen said putting air quotation marks around training on top of putting more emphasis on the word.

"Karen what did I tell you at the church?" Her mama told her and Karen just turned her head like she ain't remember even though she knew she did.

"Just as scary as she wanna be. It's alright though because we're working through that." Matti said with all the confidence in the world which made Dr.Womack crack a smile.

"I mean I'm only singing because she wants me too. I mean I don't really wanna have to ever sing again if I can help it." Karen honestly said shrugging her shoulders and finally telling her mother the truth now that she was in therapy with her again.

"That's just her daddy talkin'.' Matti said knowing that he had caused Karen so much trauma with singing to the point where she hated singing. But even if she was singing for the Lord that terrified her even more.

"Karen you can't let what daddy did to you stop you." Dorinda said finally speaking up as she looked over at her baby sister and Karen just rolled her eyes at her while shaking her head.

"That's easy for you to say." Karen smartly said underneath her breath but everyone still heard her. "The hell did he do to you?" Denise said knowing that their father was harsh with Karen but not knowing all the details of it.

"Denise." Twinkie said lightly scolding her sister. "What I'm just saying it's like she hates singing just that bad. Like he beat it out of her or something?!" Denise said hitting the nail on the head and then it clicked for everyone that's exactly what he did to her with Denise gasping.

"He didn't." Denise said in shock while looking at her baby sister. "He couldn't have since you were spoiled by him at home." Denise said letting the shock take over her while everyone else just sat there in silence taking in what had happened.

"Well that changed after I had went to go live with him." Karen said looking at them being stiff with this truth coming out.

"Karen is there something you would like to share with your family?" Dr.Womack said opening up the floor for her knowing that there was some more things that Karen never talked about with them about living with her father.