Family Secrets Part 2

By Bad4Lov

This is book 2 from "Family Secrets" we continue to follow Karen through her journey of healing after the maj... More

Heart-to-heart
Cracked open
Miss You
Keep moving forward
Growing Pains
Have you noticed?
I was you P1
I was You P2
What happened?
Read the room
They didn't P1.
They Didn't P2
They Didn't P3
They Didn't P4
We didn't know
She's here fightin'
I'm Sorry P1
I'm Sorry P2
The Surprise P1
The Surprise P2
The Surprise P3
Return to the roots
My Babies
Love-to-Love
You're being difficult
I'm Sorry P3
Back to Work
Opening Up
A blasts from the past
You Can't Be Serious
Shopping Spree
Artsy
Stay Ready
Stay ready P2
Why?!
Am I?
By a Thread
Everything's falling apart
Fix it Jesus
Give It To The Lord
Lord, Give Me A Praying Spirit
A Secret Place
Jesus Heals
We're trying
Its not fair
Jesus will work it out
Work Flow P1
Work Flow P2
Things are getting better?
The truth revealed P1.
The Truth Revealed P2
Already lookin' better?!
What's wrong?
Is it my fault?
Things are good
Things are good P2
Are you alright?
Is it a dream??
To be or not to be?
We're getting closer
Then there was three
Somethings are better left unsaid?
The night before
The Court Case P1
The Court Case P2
Court Case Day 2: P3
Court Case Day 3: P4
Court case Day 4: P5
Court Case Day 4 continued
Court Case Day 5: P5
The verdict
The beating
Being vulnerable
Is it over?
Making amends
Karinda
Living
Love Life
Who did it?
Trying to get there P1
Trying to get there P2
Witnessing
Help
There's a shift in the atmosphere
Dreaming Of You...
Dreams are gone??
Hurt feelings
Hurt feelings P2
Hurt Feelings P3
Hurt feelings P4
Hurt Feelings P5
Hurt Feelings P6
Are you for real?!
Forgive and move on
What are we gonna do?
We're working on it
Welcome home
Whats going on?
Goodbye High School
Who?!

Jailbirds...

191 21 46
By Bad4Lov

Notes: Dorinda gets a call from the prison a few weeks later and tells her siblings about it and we get to see what happened in jail with Elbert and Greg.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault and child abuse.

It was a few weeks after the family had gone back to therapy and Dorinda had gotten a collect phone call from the county prison. "Lawddd Jesus these people keep callin' my phone." Dorinda said already knowing who it was as she answered it again for the umpteenth time.

"Hello?!" Dorinda said with an annoyed voice while rolling her eyes at them over the phone.

"Hello, Mrs.Cole?!" One of the correctional officers said.

"Mrs.WHO?!" Dorinda asked them catching an attitude with them.

"We go through this every other week since this man has been in prison and I keep telling y'all and I told his lawyer that I beennnn divorced that buffoon!" Dorinda said rolling her neck while putting a hand on her hip.

"My name is Ms.Clark so, please come correct before I hang up this phone. We go through this all the time and I'm tired of y'all. And if y'all don't stop harassing me about that man I'm a get the top dogs involved to put a stop too it or I'm a just end up suing the police department itself!" Dorinda said not playing with them and then the police officer cleared his throat correcting himself.

"I'm sorry, Ms.Clark but we tried calling Mr.Cole's other relatives and they aren't even answering their phones and you're his ex-wife of who he still has on file and he had yet to change his status from married to single." He told her. "Well tell that fool I said to change it." Dorinda told him.

"Because I know that it's already been put into the system and I just know that y'all can't follow directions." Karen told him.

"I'll pass the message onto him. But I only called to let you know that he is in some serious trouble here at the prison and we have to move him to solitary confinement for his own safety." The officer said.

"That's good for him but what that gots to do with me remember I divorced his black asssss?!" Dorinda said rolling her neck ova the phone.

"I don't give a flying fawk where he gets sent too and don't you call my phone no mo' about him let the prison handle him after how he treated my baby sister screw him and DON'T YOU CALL ME NO MO ABOUT HIM EITHER I DON'T CAREEE!"

Dorinda yelled at them.

"But ma'am who are we supposed to go too if something happens to him?!" He gently asked her.

"Hell if I know turn him over to the state because I don't want nothing to do with him no more and I'm NOT SAYING it again. He's supposed to have life insurance on his butt but if he don't that's too damn bad and stop CALLIN' THIS PHONE NUMBER!" Dorinda said hanging on them again.

"Who was that?!" Denise asked her little sister.

"Greg keeps telling them peoples to call my damn phone like I'm still his wife or sumthin' I'm not gettin' him out. I'm not fightin' for him to get out he done lost his got damn mind cryin' ova the phone talkin bout sum they gonna get him at night. That ain't my problem he should've never touched my baby sister!" Dorinda said folding her arms with an attitude.

"He been knew what those people in jail do to other inmates who likes to touch on little kids he should've thought about that before he did what he did to Karen!" Dorinda told them.

"I do not care because if something happens to him and he ends up dying in jail mock my words I am NOTTTTT paying for his funeral. He got life insurance but it probably dropped him tho because he got life in prison." Doe said not caring at all.

"And I have divorced him so it's not problem anymoreee." Dorinda said rolling her neck giving it so much attitude.

Meanwhile back in Jail Greg had been suffering since he got there because some of the inmates had been watching the court case.

"Mannn I got a little daughter at home 5 years old and if a nigga like him eva did sumthin to her it's his neck!" One of the inmates said after news had broke out about how old Karen actually was when Greg had first took advantage of her. "Yeah I got a 12 year old niece who I tried taking care of that thang hit home for me if I see that nigga I'm a break his nuts off." He said using his two hands as if he was breaking something invisible.

"I might be in jail for murder but it was self-defense." He said shrugging his shoulders.

" I don't got much time in here like he do but he's sure enuff bout to make me add on some time." He said nodding his head. "Bro I have a little sister at home and I stabbed that nigga for hur and I'll do it again just for Kurnnn." He said tilting and noddin his head.

But right when he said that the doors sound went off signaling that there was new inmates coming in and there was Greg walking in line with the orange suits on.

"Ayeee there go that ugly ass child molester ass nigga right there what the fuck he doin' here?!" He asked. "Nastyyy ass who likes touchin' on little kids." He spat at Greg while they were walkin him through the line.

"NIGGA IT'S GONNA BE ME AND YOU, YOU GONNA BE MY BITCHHH!" He barked at Greg and Greg ain't know what to do all he knew to do was to not look at him in the eyes if he was talkin' like that.

While Greg was walking into the new state prison he was having flashbacks of being stuck in jail Elbert. He had no idea that Elbert had been transported back into the Detroit jail but he guess that the state of New York and the city of Detroit had made a deal and now they was dealing with him. While he was back at that other jail he had remembered his first day in jail.

He had heard rumors of men jumping other men for doing what he did but he didn't believe them until it actually happened to him and what made it even more worse was that Karen's father was in the first jail cell that he was assigned too.

The flashback:

"Fancy seeing yo ass here." Elbert laughed throwin' his head back scaring the hell out of Greg because Elbert had changed a lot from the last time that anybody had seen him. All of his hair had turned grey, he had more wrinkles but he still had a puffy yet in tact face and he was a skinny man but you could still tell that he was heavy handed and he ain't have that much sense left to really care about anything and Greg knew that he was standing on thin ice with him and he had hoped and prayed that he wasn't watching the news while he was in jail because he knew if Elbert had knew what he did then it was gonna be over for him.

"You know I never liked yo black ugly ass but my daughter liked you and so, I let her date you when really I should've killed you myself." He said putting his hand over his chest.

"I knew I should've just choked you out that night Matti said that you were engaged to my little girl." He said. "And then come to find out you were the nigga that had gotten my baby girl pregnant." He said shaking his head. "If I would've known earlier about what you was doing to my baby I would've been fucked you up." He smiled at him giving him that crazy evil scary smile.

"Nigga you weren't no better in how you treated my bitch!" He said referring to Karen and Elbert knew that he was talking about Karen and hauled off and smacked him right in his face into the jail wall.

"THAT'S BECAUSE I'M HER FUCKIN' DADDY NOT YOU, YA DUMB NEGRO!" Greg yelled at him.

"I'm about to make you my BITCH keep on!" He yelled at him already choking him by the neck.

But as soon as he did that Greg was already struggling for air as he was squirming around on the ground and the guards really wasn't doing anything because they knew how crazy Elbert was and was placing bets on if he were to snap or not if they had placed Greg in the same room with him so now money was secretly being passed around to the guards who bet that Elbert would snap.

But then after Elbert had felt like he had enough with choking him he stopped only to get up and start stomping him on the ground until he was in pain and blood was oozing out of his mouth after hitting him in it.

"GET THIS FILTHY ASS NIGGA OUTTA MY JAIL CELL NOW BEFORE I DO SOME MORE DAMAGE TO HIM GET THIS NIGGA BEFORE HE WON'T BE HERE BY THE END OF THE NIGHT!" Elbert threatened the guards and they just came runnin ova to his cell seeing what he had done to Greg as he was still laying on the floor in pain after trying to crawl away from Elbert which was a mistake because that had made Elbert even more pissed off as he started stomping him again but this time on his back.

So, now here they was taking a beaten up Greg out of his shared jail cell with Elbert and took him to the prison's hospital which he stayed in there for a few days recovering until they had sent him back especially after Dorinda didn't vouch to get him out of the hospital which meant that he definitely had no chances of coming out of jail at all.

But after he had recovered after staying in there for those few short days they took him out only to return him to that same jail cell with Elbert and it was as if every single day that Greg had stayed in there with him he had got his butt beat just for waking up.

Because Elbert would literally punch Greg for no reason at all as it seemed but he was doing this avenge his baby girl, Karen.

So, literally everyday of Greg's waking life Elbert would terrorize him but it still wouldn't be anything compared to how Greg had messed up Karen's life so, Elbert felt as if Greg was still getting off easy which he didn't like until he beat him again so bad one day that they had finally transferred him into another prison cell.

And when Dorinda got that phone call she didn't know who had beat up Greg in prison all she knew was that she didn't care.

So, now here Greg was in a new cell as he was just trying to get his lunch so he could eat and outta no where he was gettin' beat up by a group of men who were callin him a child abuser and what not and he was hearing how they treated men like him and Greg had to admit to himself that was the first time he was honestly afraid of his life after having gettin whooped by Elbert everyday he didn't know which was worse.

Because he always knew Elbert was crazy he just didn't know how crazy Elbert had gotten over time while staying in jail and now that they had to transport him into a new jail because Elbert kept beating his butt he still did not feel safe anywhere he went to and that worried him.

Now in present day he was just jumped at his new prison and now had to be immediately removed from the general population into solitary confinement for his own safety.

And because Greg had sexually assaulted Karen at such a young age it was like he couldn't even form any gang related groups for protection because they too hated predators and rapists especially those who go after little girls so, Greg had single-handedly ruined his livelihood all because he couldn't keep his hands nor penis to himself.

He was truly suffering in jail and he was going to pay for it for the rest of his life just like how Karen is paying for what he did to her with the STI that he had gave her.

End of flashback.

"I don't know maybe they should just put that man somewhere else so he won't keep gettin jumped all the time." Denise said and everyone had looked at her like she was crazy.

"Denise what the fuck?!" Jacky asked her scrunching up her face because it sounded as if Denise was defending him. "I'm not defending the nigga but I'm just sayin' he can still serve his time without gettin' beaten up like that." Denise said.

"But Denise you do know that because he had raped Karen at a young age any jail he goes to in state or out of state they're gonna wait to beat him up right?!" Leo asked her.

"I know that but I'm just sayin he needs to serve his time and not die so early because of the beatings." Denise said shrugging her shoulders and Karen was just looking at her older sister in shock not knowing what to say to her about that so she was just speechless.

And, Twinkie just shook her head at her.

"Now, Denise that don't make no damn sense it's the beatings that's making him learn his lesson while he's in there." Dorinda said arching her eyebrow at her older sister as well.

"And besides it's not like our opinion really matter." Twinkie said to Denise.

"Because if anything the only two who should really have a say over it about how they feel about him getting beaten up and transferred is Karen and Dorinda." Twinkie said.

"And well for Karen because he's in there for raping and impregnating her and Dorinda because that was her husband now her ex and he had tried getting with other young girls after Karen." Twinkie said. "So, it really don't matter about what we say because either way Greg still messed up peoples lives." Twinkie told her. "And we weren't directly affected by that it was more of an indirect affect but you're acting like he done did something to you or you done loved the trifling ass nigga. So, I just wanna know why the hell you defending him because that's what you're doing?!" Twinkie yelled at her.

"I was just stating my peace about this whole Greg situation." Denise told them. " Look I know what Greg did was wrong and all but maybe we should have some grace for him he might turn around one day?!" Denise said still making Karen stare at her in shock.

"Denise that man told me he ain't eva gonna change and every time I would see him he had always called me out of my name." Karen told her while placing a hand over her pregnant belly.

"I'm glad he's in there I used to be paranoid every time when he wasn't in jail." Karen admitted to them.

"Y'all don't know how bad it is to be paranoid with your rapist out there living scott free and you can't really do anything about it because he done fucked up your whole mind into thinking that what he was doing to you was okay when in reality it really wasn't. I didn't know what he was doing to me at 13 years old, Denise. That man locked them doors and pushed me down on the bed like I was grown woman and pinned me down covering my mouth so I couldn't scream. Karen told her starting to get upset with her. "Then to make matters worse he couldn't even get the whole thing in there but that didn't stop him from trying to get what he wanted!" Karen lightly hollered at her with her eyebrows furrowing together while trying to fight back threatening tears because she never really fully said what happened to her in there until now and it was because Denise had unknowingly pushed her to say it.

"And when he couldn't get it in he decided to do another thing that I would rather not say after making me touch it so, I don't give a flying FUCK about what happens to him." Karen said trying to calm herself down and then it was just quiet in there because Karen had shut Denise up.

Now here Karen was stressed out trying to force her threatening tears back because she couldn't believe that one of her oldest sisters was defending the man who had destroyed her childhood. But it was no use because Karen had started crying making her relive that.

"Karen I didn't mean to make you upset and I said, I wasn't defending him." Denise said trying to get Karen to stop crying because Matti was upstairs and if she heard arguing or either Karen whimpering till this day even if she was a grown woman they was all gonna get into trouble for making Karen cry.

But it was too late because Karen was already crying after struggling to fight back tears.

"Denise now why would you say that you know she's pregnant." Twinkie said scolding her older sister immediately going over to console Karen. But while she was giving Karen a hug while she was crying Matti had came downstairs after hearing Karen sniffling.

"Explain." Matti said coming all the way down to the bottom of the steps hanging on the rail.

"Y'all know she's not supposed to be stressed out." Matti said putting her hand on her hip looking at them and they were all looking at each other while Karen was still over there crying. She didn't even hear her mama come downstairs and start talking that's how bad it was.

"Well somebodys better start talking!" Matti said not playing with them.

"Well Denise ova there defending Greg." Dorinda straight out said because she wasn't about to get into trouble over her sister. "The devil wrong with you chileeee?!" Matti yelled at Denise seeing how bad Karen was crying now.

"Move ova Twinkie mama's got this." Matti said coming downstairs to take Karen into her arms.

"Denise what in the hell is wrong with you?!" Matti scolded her while Karen kept crying into her mama's shoulder and she was crying bad now.

"Ma, I did NOT defend that man." Denise said clearing her name.

"I just said that he shouldn't be gettin' beaten up all the time." Denise told her. "Well you might as well have said that you defended that criminal because that's the only way he's gonna learn." Matti told her saying the same thing that Dorinda said after getting Karen to calm down.

And, Denise just groaned watching Matti comfort Karen as she finished.

"You okay?!" Matti asked her baby trying to look Karen in the eyes but her eyes was a little bit watery and so Karen was just wiping her face with the piece of tissue that Matti had handed her.

After Karen had got finished crying Denise had apologized and then Karen had decided that she was gonna go home because now she wasn't feeling well.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

What did y'all think about the flashbacks? So the two ideas were giving to me by who wanted a chapter where Greg and Elbert was in the same jail cell and we saw a glimpse of how Elbert was doing in jail was given to me by unidentifieduser3

What did y'all think about what Denise said? Do y'all think she was defending him or no?

What do y'all think about Karen finally telling them about what happened when she was 13?

What y'all think about Karen crying and getting upset and how Twinkie and Matti tried to comfort her?

What do y'all think is wrong with Karen?

Do y'all think that Denise meant her apology?

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 489 16
This is the sequel to How To Love. Over the years everything has changed. Watch as the family either comes together or falls apart as each individual...
18.1K 736 48
BOOK 2 from hiding secrets, to spilling the truth. hailey and jack are back at it again, just in a different country, and some added obstacles. **lo...
56K 3.1K 70
Book 2 of Her Sanity 🤍
2.6K 130 14
The turtles are back baby with another adventure how will it affect them this time. This is a sequel to my Brothers book so if you have not read tha...