Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(63) Making things right

3.2K 209 50
By _crazy_hooman_

Third's POV:

David had expected to return to the Kingston mansion, which he now considers home, to anything but this. He had no idea so much had happened in his absence and a part of him was upset with his boyfriend for keeping it from him. Even Leah.

Yet he told himself it wasn't the time to react. There are already enough problems and fights between everyone.

He waited for his boyfriend and bestfriend as he sipped beer in Sebastian's office alone. The kids were advised to not say or do anything until David has a talk with their fathers.

Fortunately he didn't have to wait long when the door opens after almost 40 minutes and both men enter removing their suit jackets not immediately sensing a presence in the office.

"So I'm assuming everything's fine with my house?", David asked to grab their attention. The kids had informed him of their whereabouts.

Both Sebastian and Rowan almost jerked in surprise and immediately grab their gun and turn around to point it towards David to sat on the couch far end of the office. Their finger ready on the trigger.

It all happened within a second.

David raised an eyebrow in amusement shaking his head, putting away his beer to put his hands up in surrender. "Please don't shoot me! I'm innocent and cute!"

He'd come this far to not get spooked by guns, but only when they're in those hands he trusts the most, the ones he can risk his life for—which are quite handful.

Sebastian and Rowan lowered their gun with shock plastered on their faces. David stood up laughing now and walking towards them. Sebastian was the first to recover and rush to hug his boyfriend.

"God I missed you so much!"

David smiled relaxing into the hug he's desperately missed so much. "Me too."

"When did you come back?! Why didn't you call? I would've come to receive you", Sebastian asked pulling back.

"Duh! I wanted to surprise you. I had my secretary pick me up and drop me here", David smiled leaning forward and kissing Sebastian on his lips.

"Though I probably shouldn't have surprised you. Getting shot was not a part of my plan", David chuckled looking at Sebastian then Rowan.

Rowan rolled his eyes moving forward to hug his best friend. "I thought it was a thief robbing us of our valuables."

David gasped pulling away. "I thought I was the most valuable thing you owned!"

Rowan scoffs. "You wish."

David was offended while Sebastian, like a lovesick puppy, grinned leaning forward to kiss David's cheek nodding as in agreeing to him.

"Though I should have known it was you when the kids downstairs insisted us on coming here to the office and check out the important paperwork Sam left for us", Rowan smacked his own forehead.

David was amused. "You two must have been weak ass mafia leaders if your own kids tricked you."

Silence filled the air until- "...You take that back", Rowan was very offended. Sebastian just kept smiling wide at his boyfriend.

David laughed taking a seat back on the couch.

"Stop smiling like an idiot Seb! You're not a teenager falling in love! Tell your boyfriend something!", Rowan complained.

"I love you", Sebastian smiled at David.

David laughed louder holding his stomach while Rowan stared at his brother in utter disbelief.

"I love you too", David sent a flying kiss, lighting up Sebastian's face.

"Unbelievable", Rowan muttered.

David poured two glasses of scotch this time and welcomed the two to take a seat next to him at the couch. They gratefully complied.

"So how's Grace?", Sebastian asked first.

"Great. Work's exhausting her, but she says it's worth it."

Rowan smiled fondly. "That girl loves her job. Didn't expect anything else from her."

David nods. "My kid's doing good. What about yours?"

Rowan and Sebastian look at each other and the former sighs in realisation. "You know."

"I do", David said softly.

"Our kids tell you everything, don't they? I'll have to tape their mouth shut sometime", Rowan jokes.

"Don't change the topic Ro. Come on, I know you're upset", David sighs.

"Of course I am. Theodore's is a vigilantly now. Did you hear?", Rowan scoffs carelessly.

"Did you speak to him?"

"I will when he's sober. Gonna give him a piece of my mind."

"Don't be like that. You're being too hard on him", David frowned.

"Hard? Are you serious? He got drunk and started a fight last night! Got beaten up horribly and it would have been worse if our people hadn't found him!", Rowan exclaimed.

Sebastian sighs deeply taking a sip of his drink.

"That was not just it! He was almost charged on a drunk and drive last month! He crashed his car! The four idiots thought best to hide it from us! Such irresponsible behaviour!", Rowan vented angrily.

"Sounds like you to me", David shrugs nonchalantly.

"This is not funny Dave. It's serious. He could have gotten hurt or worse lost his life! Do you realise how many people die in car accidents every year?", Rowan demanded.

Sebastian looked at David with a soft expression hoping he's not on the other side of the topic with them. No way he wanted to fight someone else, let alone him today.

"Again. Sounds like you to me. Even Seb", David shrugs.

Rowan shakes his head in disbelief. Sebastian frowns. "Babe I know you care about our boys but you can't defend them on this."

"I'm not defending them. I'm merely reminding you two that you were quite same as them at that age. Even when a little younger to Theo and Wes", David reminded.

"Wes put that idea in your head? He used that card this morning", Sebastian stared.

"Actually no. I haven't met Wes, Theo, Em or Char yet. They aren't home. But if Wes used that card on you then he was right. I know your childhood better than anyone else in this house", David reminded them.

"So what? You mean to say it's okay what they did?", Rowan said in disbelief.

"No I'm not", David shakes his head seriously. "They made a mistake and I'm with you on teaching them a lesson. But I just want you to remember you've been at this stage in your life. You have made similiar mistakes."

"Exactly! I've made these mistakes and have paid for them! I don't want my kids to go through the same thing! What's wrong is wrong! Always!", Rowan argued.

"Agreed. Yes I'm with you on that. But you have to understand Theo is not a child and neither is Wes. You can't scold them like they're children. It's not okay."

Sebastian shakes his head. "Then they should stop behaving like children. Hiding such important things from us is not forgivable. We're their fathers."

Rowan nods in support.

"Did you tell everything to your father?", David raised an eyebrow. "I don't remember Mr Kingston knowing about your vigilantism at Jenna's graduation party."

"If he did he would have kicked your asses out of this house", He added.

Rowan groans loudly, his head falling back. Sebastian covered his face with his hands.

"Exactly. Remember the amount of tickets you have been charged with for speeding and drunk and drive Rowan? Seb? Did your father berate you or made you feel horrible for it? Let's not have double standards over here guys", David stated seriously.

Rowan and Sebastian look away, not just at loss of words but also not knowing how to make David understand the difference between the two scenarios.

David sighs deeply. "Rowan I'm not telling you they're right. No they're not. And I'm also not teaching you how to deal with your kids. God knows I'm the last person to advise you on this when I myself did the same."

Both of them look at David. "Yeah I remember I was furious at Leah for lying and hiding the mafia job from me."

"Not the same things David", Rowan sighs.

"Glad you see that. But I hope you understand what I'm doing here?", David raised an eyebrow.

"Softening the blow on Theo and Wes because you don't want them to feel worse?" Sebastian smiled a bit.

"For good reason!", David defended.

Rowan looked down, an unexplainable expression on his face.

"Rowan?", David sighs.

"I-I was scared for a second Dave. I've never seen Theo like that", Rowan looked up. "Half beaten up and drunk out of his mind. And I lost it when I came into knowledge of his previous mistake. Same mistake. I thought this has become a pattern which is not good!"

David's eyes softened. "I know. I'm a father too. I understand your reasons for being strict."

"But you can't expect too much from them guys", He continued looking at both of them. "Wes and Theo are perfect sons but that doesn't mean they won't make mistakes. You all pretend like they're the epitome of perfection. Who doesn't make mistakes?"

"Because I've walked down the same road in the past I know this is not right behaviour David. I was horrible back then and I know that now. Am I wrong for wanting to prevent my son from committing those same mistakes?", Rowan asked genuinely.

"No! But you have to understand this is not Brody or Leah we're talking about. The son you are concerned about has grown up now, alright? Not a teenager anymore. There are other ways to teach them the right thing", David said softly.

"If I go lenient on him now what is to stop him from doing it again? Huh? Or the younger ones to follow his footsteps? If I take a much harsher approach with the younger ones then they'll be quick to compare and argue instead of learning", Rowan spoke facts.

Sebastian agreed with his brother in full sense. Sometimes it is necessary to not to a be easily forgiving.

David sighed deeply and paused. "The sons you two are talking about haven't had the most normal childhood. I hope you remember that? You told me about their past."

The Kingston brothers frown staring David wondering where he's going with this.

"Wes was locked up during teenage years in a cell and Theo was underground which in other words is a safe prison, but still a prison. They both have literally never had a chance to live their life like you two did back then."

"Never crashed parties, never got too drunk and hooked up with a girl, never sneaked out of the house to escape with some friends, never got their heart broken in high school", David raised an eyebrow. "The list can go on."

"What I'm trying to say is that, the first time they make a mistake you react this way. Can you comprehend what that must be like for them? Is you ask me, it's got to be frustrating as hell!", David shrugs.

It was like a whole different scenario that had unfolded in front of Rowan and Sebastian. As if they were thinking for a whole different point of view.

"Once they were out of their respective prisons of sort they dived into this pool of responsibilities. They became Dons and started taking the load off you guys in terms of business, work and everything else. They're still young, you guys. Just 25 infact! Let them do their own thing!", David spoke his mind.

It was true. Weston and Theodore never had the opportunity to be reckless teenagers. On one hand it's a bad thing that they missed it, but on the other hand is an experience of life everyone is entitled to live.

They just grew up so fast that the mistakes they could have made back then were fast forwarded to their 20's, which is not an uncommon thing if you think about it. But nevertheless an experience.

"God when you put is that way...", Rowan trailed off.

"I'm right", David shrugs.

"Maybe. But still", Sebastian shakes his head. "A similar mistake committed at teenager years and during one's 20's is not entirely same. The former doesn't know better while the latter does."

"That's right. But honey if your son's had made this mistake back then your current reaction would be justified. But they're not children anymore. All I'm saying is deal with it in a different way and for god sake cut them some slack", David inhales and exhales deeply.

Sebastian smiled a bit watching David desperately try and make things better. It just showed how much he cared and that made him happy.

"Well it's not a lot of times I've been wrong but...yeah I can do better this time", Rowan sighs in defeat.

David scoffs.

Rowan frowned looking at him. "To name a few!"

"Oh really? You wanna do that?", David raised an eyebrow, sitting at the edge of the seat eagerly. "Let's start with high school mistakes? Who the fuck sleeps with a senior a day before midterm examination! Who the fuck does it in Disney land! And who—",

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT!", Rowan shouts in embarrassment.

"No no no! Let me continue! Do your sons know how and where you lost your virginity? Maybe they should!", David immediately stood up.

Rowan was on his feet in seconds. "No! No! No! I got it! I'm wrong!"

David narrowed his eyes on his best friend and slowly sat back down on the couch, one leg over the other like a king.

"Jeez! I fall for it every single time!", Rowan complained, grabbing the glance of scotch and gulping it down.

He knows there's always this one person who knows a lot about him. The things his sons cannot know if he wishes to live the rest of his life with his head high among his family.

Sebastian gawked at his boyfriend. He wasn't sure if he was more turned on or scared of the guy. Probably both equally.

David caught Sebastian's open jaw face and smiled fondly. "You're too dear to me honey. I won't do that to you."

Sebastian grinned back almost instantly. "I love you."

"I don't!", Rowan exclaimed.

David chuckled in amusement.

"Anyway, getting back to the point you were trying to make. I get it", Rowan sighed seriously. "I'll..talk to Theo. And not like Hitler."

"And later Wes as well. They will hear an earful about their mistake but we'll make it right. This will end today and in at a positive note", Sebastian sighs.

David smiled happily. "I'm glad."

With that he finished his beer and stood up. "See you soon."

Sebastian immediately stood up. "What? You're leaving?"

David looked at him. "Yeah I'm going home."

"This is your home", Sebastian frowned.

David smiled a bit. "Yes, but I meant my house. The one you just returned from."

"Why? Everything's fine with your place", Rowan said curiously.

"Two reasons. First, Grace needs some of her stuff she didn't take with her to Paris and I promised I'll send them as soon as possible. Second, I haven't been to my place in what feels like years."

"I started living here because of the threat looming over us. But now that it's all over I'm considering heading back home where I live", David shrugs gently.

"Wh- ? But why?", Sebastian frowns.

"Seb come on. That's my house. I was going to go back at some point", David chuckled softly. "Besides you guys need some family time. I'm sure you will appreciate some privacy, especially today."

"We already consider you family David", Rowan stated.

"I know, I do too. But you know what I mean", David pointed out.

Sebastian was not happy. "But you just came back. I was looking forward to spend some time with you."

"And we will", David smiled, cupping Seb's face in between his hands. "But you have important things to attend first and I have to start packing things for Grace before she starts calling me every hour to remind me."

"Alright", Sebastian sighs in defeat.

"Come over for dinner", Rowan told him.

"I will. My kitchen is empty of provisions. I'll have to stock up first thing tomorrow", David said. "Good thing I enjoy shopping."

Both Sebastian and Rowan smiled amusingly.

David heads to the door and before leaving he pauses and turns. "Oh I forgot. Leah wants to come home to help me.. atleast that's what she says, but I think she misses her room. I hope that's okay with you?"

"Of course", Sebastian smiled.

"We'll both be back for dinner. See ya", David waves at them before leaving.

He heads down reminding himself he has to pack his stuff from this house as well when he walked past the corridor of rooms. He'll soon clear the guest room alloted to him over here.

He was thinking about it for some time, but everything was moving quickly since Grace left. So now that everything's fine he decided he'll head back to his house. He did miss his bed.

But now he'll be alone there. Leah most likely will come back to live in the Kingston mansion and Grace is all the way in Paris. The thought of living alone made him sad. It'll get a little lonely now that both of his girls are gone.

Or maybe one day you and Sebastian will move in together.

As David was blushing at the sudden wild suggetion his brain randomly popped in his mind, his name got called snapping him out of his line of thoughts.

He looked around and found Theo sitting at the bar area alone by himself, a smile of his face. David smiled back.

Theo waves his hand standing up. "What a surprise! When did you come back?"

David headed over to him. "Almost two hours ago. How are you?"

Theo paused before exhaling. "Good."

David smiled softly. "Really? Everyone else in the house seems to have a different opinion."

Theo grimaced. "You know? I should have guessed."

David chuckled. "Yeah."

Theo looked down tucking his hands in his jeans. "So...you disappointed in me as well?"

"Depends on your answer to my question", David crossed his arms across his chest with mock seriousness.

"Okay?"

"Where you drinking here at the bar?", David raised an eyebrow.

"What? No!", Theo immediately denied in alarm.

"Why not? You really believe you'll get through today being sober? Wow you must be brave", David appreciated.

Theo stared at him, opening and closing his mouth like a fish not at all expecting that reaction.

David chuckled slapping Theo's arm in a fun casual way. "Oh come on. Look at yourself. Never thought I'll see you shaken up."

"I'm to be blamed for that. Also, I am here because I knew no one else will be at the bar area", Theo shrugs.

David nods. "I understand."

After a pause Theo looked up. "You didn't answer when I asked you if you're disappointed in me."

"Do you want me to be?", David asked with a small smile.

"No", Theo answered at once looking away sadly. "It's just.. there are a handful of people who's opinions matter to me and..uh you're one of them."

David's heart warmed. It's amazing how in such a short period of time this family has become so close to him. He means just as much to them as they to him.

"Hmm. So if that's the case then let me tell you that I'm not at all disappointed in you", David smiled brightly.

"Really?", Theo was surprised.

"Yes", David chuckled. "What happened was a little unexpected and trust me I didn't think you or Wes could happen to do something like that. Ask your siblings. I suspected your fathers first."

Theo sighs looking down. "Well that's very considerate of you."

David noticed the young man looked like he wanted to say something or maybe even just wish for some company while he's down.

"Something in your mind?", David raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah", Theo exhales soundly. "Can you please talk to Dad? He respects you a lot. So maybe..um.."

David was amused how he looked like a child at that moment. "You know Leah usually does that", He interrupted. "Whenever I'm mad at her she gets Grace to soften my blow by talking to me beforehand."

Theo embarrassingly looks down.

"Don't worry. I already spoke to your father", David whispered with a small smile.

"You did?", Theo was surprised once again. "What did he say?"

"You'll know. Don't worry though", David shrugs. "Anyway, I have to leave now. But I'll see you at dinner. Bye."

As David walks away Theo calls him out again. "Thank you so much!"

David merely smiled before walking away. He finds Leah downstairs and they both head off to their place. Stevenson house.

When Weston arrived at home he straight away retreated to his room. Theo saw him arrive and wanted to immediately speak to him. But he took a second, put his thoughts in line before going after him.

As he entered Wes's room he found him sorting some papers in order on his bed.

"Hey."

Wes looked at the door pausing in his actions for a second before continuing. "Hey."

"So..you need help with that?"

"No."

"How...How was work today?"

"Good."

Weston wouldn't pay him any glance while he was doing his work and answering in one words. Theo was expecting it, he knew it would take efforts to make things right.

"I wanted to talk to you", Theo said softly.

"Go ahead."

"I..um wanted to talk to you this morning itself. But no one was there except Em."

"Yeah I arranged for that. I was hoping someone could get through to you since I failed", Weston spoke nonchalantly, his attention appeared to be focused on the papers while it wasn't.

Theo sighed heavily. "I know I messed up."

"Pretty bad", Weston added, still not looking.

"Yeah", Theo nods. "I uh..I also shouldn't have snapped at you."

"When? You snapped many times", Weston mentioned.

Theo knew Wes was going to make him feel it and he didn't mind. "All the time. I was a horrible brother."

Weston's hands stopped for a second but then continued.

"It wasn't just Em, but I understand Wes..I messed up bad. I know you had to lie for me and protect me when it wasn't your job. Thank you for that and I'm very sorry for acting like a self centred idiot", Theo apologised, sighs deeply at the end.

Weston exhales soundly dropping the papers on his hand on the bed finally turning to look at him. "You would have done the same for me."

"You don't know that", Theo whispered.

"I do know that. And also..I'm sorry too."

"What? Why are you sorry?"

"While Em was ripping you into a new one today, Char was doing the same to me", Weston shrugs, a little embarrassed. "I realised I have been too domineering. That's not okay."

"Come on Wes", Theo shakes his head denying.

"No. I was and you know it", Wes said. "It's just in my nature. Back then when we were in those cells as prisoners I was a little high on taking care of everyone strictly...it just happened to be something I do."

"I guess when we returned it never changed. I'm still the same person. Back then the boys never minded me protecting them and here I continued to do the same until you made me realise I need to give you space. So..yeah", Weston shrugs.

"You don't have to apologise for caring. I was the mean shitty guy for behaving the way I did."

"I didn't apologise for caring. Just..not giving you space. Only time I'll ever apologise."

Theo and Wes stared at each other until they both broke into a smile.

"And I'm genuinely sorry. I hate that I caused all that unnecessary drama between us. It was stupid and silly. Infact you were right about not letting me go alone last night. I did drunk beat up", Theo scoffs shaking his head.

"Yeah well...I'm just mad that you didn't take me with you. I could have used a drink myself", Weston shrugged.

Theo smiled. "What is with everyone trying to make me feel better?"

Weston laughed. "Don't be so sure yet."

Theo groaned. "Don't remind me. I'm not looking forward to hearing it from Dad or our siblings."

"It'll be okay. We were wrong. In Dean's words, we needed to get our shit together."

"He told you that?"

"Yup."

"He was right", Theo nods.

"So..you got beaten up", Wes grinned teasingly.

"Don't you dare", Theo warned him.

"Damn you got beaten up bad. The famous Don? Seriously? That is embarrassing", Weston laughs.

"I was drunk alright! Not in the right sense. Otherwise yesterday night would have been very different", Theo defended.

"Oh yeah? Different how?"

"I could have gotten lucky if the fight didn't happen last night."

"Lucky how?"

"There was this girl hitting on me", Theo shrugs.

"Was she blind?", Wes raised an eyebrow.

Theo flipped him off the middle finger while Wes laughed.

"I'm hot and the girls know it", Theo rolled his eyes.

"Yeah sure. That black eye makes you look real sexy", Weston winked.

"Oh shut up!"

Weston laughed loudly.

After making things right with Weston Theo felt way better than he did before. Like a weight was off his chest. He then decided to finally face his father. He was sure he would be facing a disappointed father but he didn't actually.

"Let's have some coffee", Rowan said causally.

Soon enough both father and son were outside at their well maintained garden sitting beside each other on a bench sipping coffee.

"Are you getting a deja vu?", Rowan questioned.

"I am", Theo smiled a bit.

Rowan chuckled. "The first day you boys stepped into this house after arriving in LA you and I had a very important conversation right over here."

"Yes. I can never forget that", Theo said softly.

"Me neither. That day I told you I'm your father and I know it when something's bothering you. Remember?"

"Yes."

"I don't why I didn't know you were feeling so stressed about the Geneva project all this time. It was bothering you and I wasn't there to help you", Rowan said lowly looking at the sky.

Theo looked at his father. "Dad I'm here to apologise for my behaviour. Please don't try to make me feel better. Everyone's doing that."

Rowan smiled a bit. "I understand why last night happened Theo. I'm merely saying it wouldn't have happened if I had paid more attention. I realised that much later."

"Dad come on! Don't do this please! I'm old enough okay? You can't always be there to look out for me. I have to grow up! I can't act the way I did yesterday when I hold such important responsibilities! It's on me and not you", Theo explained.

Rowan sipped his coffee, a smile etched on his face. "Exactly."

Theo stared at him. "What?"

"Exactly what you said. I'm glad you understand that. I wanted to hear that from you", Rowan smiled.

"But..I thought you were mad at me. Like nuclear mad", Theo frowned.

"I was. But I can't treat you like a child Theo. I realise I've made the same mistakes you have, maybe more. All I was concerned about is you yesterday. I didn't want you to down a wrong path."

"I know."

So I figured maybe we can do our thing. You know sip coffee and have talk about what's on our mind at this very spot", Rowan grinned.

Theo smiled a bit. "I like that."

"Gosh sometimes I wish your mother was here to do this. She was a better parent than I was. I could see that", Rowan sighs.

"Dad she was amazing. But what you've done for me, for us, for this family...it's a lot. You give yourself very less credit."

"I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be able to live up to your legacy", Theo looked straight at the garden, a beautiful butterfly roaming above a flower.

"You'll be better", Rowan said softly.

"Once again you're trying to make me feel better", Theo shakes his head.

"No I'm not. What you boys have lived through. All of you, your cousins as well, it's something that has unfortunately deprived you of your childhood, but it also made you grow up maturely", Rowan looked at him.

"Brave of you to call yesterday night mature", Theo said guiltily.

Rowan smiled. "Mistakes are a part of life Theo. When you make one, you also make sure you don't repeat it. That's how you grow. If you're grandfather was here he would list up my screw ups to you in a minute."

"But also, if he was here he would kick me out of the house for even being mad at you. His grandkids were everything to him."

Theo smiled in amusement. "Then I wish he was here."

Rowan chuckled. "Nah. He wasn't all that soft. Infact he was opposite. Although he would have made me do exactly what I'm doing right now with you. Being a father to an older Theo and not a teen Theo. David made me realise that."

"I'm sorry dad. I really am. I promise last night will never repeat", Theo apologised.

Rowan nodded. "Taking care of yourself is a part of your job. Do that right and everything else will be under control."

Theo nods.

"Also, I can see Weston's doing a fantastic job at taking care of you and I hope you're doing the same?", Rowan raised an eyebrow.

"I messed up. But I remember", Theo sighs.

"You've been with him since he arrived. He could rely on you more since you had the full Don training. Since then you two have become partners. Closest brothers in the house infact who've never failed to take care of each other. Always keep that in mind."

"I will."

They remain seated next to each other enjoying their coffee under the blue sky in a calm environment.

Later in the evening David arrived with Leah. Since there was a little more time before dinner needed to be prepared both David and Sebastian were chilling in the latter's room both laying on the bed, with their backs resting behind on the headboard.

"So when do you get back to work?", Sebastian asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Really? Shouldn't you take atleast a day off?"

"Lot of work pending Seb. I have deadlines coming up", David pouts.

"I understand that. I have to supervise some drills tomorrow. Former Don duties", Sebastian exhales.

"That reminds me. When will you give me a tour of your mafia base?", David asked turning his head to him.

"Whenever you want", Sebastian shrugs.

"Really? Maybe I'll try finishing some work early tomorrow and visit?", David asked.

"Sure", Sebastian smiled sweetly.

David phone vibrated in his pocket releasing a buzz sound. He pulled it out and checked the ID which abruptly caused him to put it away.

"Who was that?", Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

"No one", David said almost too quickly.

"Oh okay", Sebastian frowns a little at the weird behaviour but let's it go.

Later during the dinner David's phone vibrated again when it received a call. Everyone was indulged in their conversations so no one paid attention when David quickly cut the call and put his phone away.

Sebastian saw and raised a questioning eyebrow at him. David simply waved it off. That just made Sebastian grow more curious.

Since David was not staying the night at the Kingston house anymore he left after dinner not giving Sebastian a chance to ask him about it because they were always in some company.

The thought didn't leave his mind until he fell asleep. He decided to ask about it the next day.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter?

Please vote and comment to let me know :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 2.1K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

81.1K 2.9K 65
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
161K 2.8K 37
Izebel Katz has lived her entire life trapped with her psychotic foster parents. Until one day they are found dead. Suddenly she's being shipped acr...
179K 3.9K 37
Amara Coleman is not your average seventeen-year-old girl. She gets abused by her own father and watches the death of her mother before her very eyes...