If It Makes You Happy

נכתב על ידי swellsxoxo

Lauren has always been different all her life. She knew she wasn't like most people, until she met a girl nam... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 [Completed]
Author's Note

Chapter 9

11.2K 323 420
נכתב על ידי swellsxoxo

I think everyone was in shock seeing Dinah lay there. It wasn't until Brad pushed through the crowd of people and said something that people truly started to panic.

"Fuck, they hit Dinah" Brad said.

"The car came out of nowhere and she pushed me out of the way" Maia said.

I ran over to Maia and checked to see that she wasn't injured. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, but will Dinah be?" Maia asked.

I looked over in the direction that Dinah was laying and Natasha now was checking on Dinah to see if she was okay.

"Someone call 911, she isn't breathing" Natasha said.

"Why should we listen to you Negovanlis?" a boy asked in the crowd of people.

"Because if you won't she will die" Natasha said.

The boy looked at Brad who was pacing back and forth. "Fucking do what she says Tristan" Brad said.

Tristan pulled out his phone and dialed 911, while Natasha performed CPR on Dinah. Tori emerged from the crowd and immediately ran over to where Maia and I were.

"What the hell happen?" Tori asked.

"A car came out of nowhere and tried to hit me but Dinah pushed me out of the way" Maia said.

"It will be okay" I said hugging Maia and pulling her close to me.

"You fucking idiots" a voice shouted and everyone stopped what they were doing to see where it came from.

"Okay, she's breathing again" Natasha said but no one responded when Camila pushed through the crowd of people.

"It was a mistake" Brad said as Camila glared at him.

The ambulance sirens could be heard in the distance. People wasted no time trying to leave the scene just in case the cops showed up.

"Come on we have to go" Tori said helping Maia up.

"What about Dinah?" I asked.

Tori looked over her shoulder and back at me. "She will be fine. Come on" Tori said.

"Okay," I said.

Tori was helping guide Maia and I was following behind them until I heard Camila's voice.

"Lolo, don't go" Camila said.

I stopped and turned around to face the direction that I heard Camila's voice. It was easy to find her since most of the people left. Natasha was glaring at Camila angrily, but Camila ignored her.

"You hurt Dinah" I said.

"That wasn't me Lolo" Camila said stepping towards me, but I moved back from her.

"Jesus you're still trying to manipulate her? She's not stupid" Natasha said.

Camila ignored Natasha and kept eye contact with me. "You believe me don't you, Lolo?" Camila asked.

"But you yelled at Brad and Nat said that it wasn't safe for me here" I said.

"Nat's just jealous and remember she abandoned you" Camila said.

"What the fuck would I be jealous of? And we all know that it was your fault that I was sent back to Canada" Natasha said about to stand up, but she remembered she was supporting Dinah's head.

"See, she's in denial Lolo" Camila said.

"But you left too" I said.

"To get better for us to be together" Camila said.

"Lauren," I heard my name being called from Maia behind me. I turned around to see Tori trying to take Maia inside, but Maia was fighting against her. Maia reached her hand out for me. I was about to walk to her, but then Camila spoke again.

"Lolo, don't leave me" Camila said.

I was stuck trying to choose between Maia and Camila and I didn't want to. My head hurt really badly all of a sudden.

"Leave me alone" I yelled and ran in the direction to where Maia and Tori were.

I had to help Maia get back home and take Mani home too, so I helped Tori guide Maia to my car at the exact time the ambulance showed up. There were a group of girls telling the paramedics what happened as they started to work on Dinah. Normani was already sitting in the car when we got to it. The car ride was quiet all the way to Maia's house. Tori decided to stay with Maia just in case she got sick again. As much as I wanted to walk Maia to the door, I couldn't because Normani seemed like she needed me more. I pulled into Normani's driveway and before I could unbuckle my seatbelt, Normani was already out of the car.

"You don't have to stay Lauren. I kind of want to be alone right now" Normani said sniffling. She didn't wait for my reply and just walked to her front door. I backed out of her driveway and headed home.

When I got home, I made a beeline for my bedroom but was stopped by Chris and Taylor.

"I wasn't expecting you back so soon" Taylor said.

"Yeah, we thought you were getting laid with that smoking hot Australian chick" Chris said.

"I didn't think that, Chris thought that" Taylor said.

"No, she got sick" I said.

"That sucks" Chris said and Taylor hit him in the arm. "Ouch"

Chris rubbed the spot where Taylor hit him and glared at her. "What he meant was come join us and watch a movie" Taylor said.

"I don't know" I said looking at the staircase.

"We're watching Unbroken and it seems rather promising" Chris said.

"Don't ask what it's about. I think it's better if it's a surprise" Taylor said.

"Maia says that" I said thinking about the Australian girl.

"Wow she's smart and hot. Way better than Camila" Chris said.

"Chris," Taylor said punching him in the arm this time.

"What? Stop hitting me" Chris said.

"Just ignore him and watch the movie with us" Taylor said.

"No, it's okay. I'm really tired" I said starting to walk up the stairs.

"You asshole you scared her away" Taylor said.

"I didn't know Camila was a sensitive topic for her" Chris said.

"Everyone knows you idiot" Taylor said.

I didn't hear the rest of what they said because I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. I was about to walk to my bed, but I heard movement next to me TV. I turned on the light to see Natasha standing in my bedroom in her damp clothing.

"Don't scream or anything. I just needed a place to sleep since Dinah is in the hospital" Natasha said.

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"Your window was unlocked and I remembered how to get in from when we were kids" Natasha said.

"You can stay" I said.

"Thanks, I know you probably don't want me around" Natasha said.

"Not true. I was sad" I said.

"I didn't want to leave you Lauren. I sure as hell didn't want to leave you with Camila. It's my fault you're the way you are with her" Natasha said.

"You were my special friend and you left" I said.

"Lauren, you do understand what special friend meant, right?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, girlfriend" I said.

"Wait, if you knew that how come you never said anything?" Natasha asked.

"Because you and Camila always fought and I didn't want you to be that way with me" I said.

"But that's exactly how Camila treats you" Natasha said.

"I know" I said looking down.

Then it dawned on Natasha. "Lauren, you only dated Camila because you thought that it would be the way that I would treat you if we were together now" Natasha said.

"I know I'm stupid" I said.

"You aren't stupid Lauren. You just missed me is all and I'm assuming you actually ended up falling in love with her" Natasha said.

"Yes," I said.

"I'm sorry and I know that doesn't make up for anything but you're happy now with Maia, right?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, but I'm confused" I said.

"About what? She seems nice" Natasha said.

"I don't know" I said.

There was a knock at my door and then my mom shouted from the other side.

"Lauren Michelle, are you okay? Normani's dad called me telling me that Normani refuses to come out of her room" my mom said.

"You have to be quiet. Get in the closet" I whispered.

"But I've already came out" Natasha whispered back.

"Go," I whispered as Natasha went into my closet and closed the door.

"Lauren Michelle, did you hear me?" my mom asked and before I could respond, she opened my bedroom door.

"Yes," I said.

"Why didn't you respond back? I was getting worried" my mom said.

"I'm tired" I said.

"Do you know what's wrong with Normani?" my mom asked.

"No, she didn't tell me. Mommy I want to go to sleep now" I said.

"Okay sweetie" my mom said kissing me on top of my head before leaving my room and closing the door behind her.

Natasha stuck her head out of my closet. "Is it good to come out now?" Natasha asked.

"Yes," I said as Natasha walked out of my closet and closed the door behind her.

"It's nice to know that Clara hasn't changed" Natasha said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She's still protective over you well sort of. She agreed to let you date Camila so that is kind of a flaw" Natasha said.

"She doesn't like Camila" I said.

"No one likes Camila" Natasha chuckled.

"Don't laugh. She's sick" I said.

"She seemed fine to me at that party" Natasha said.

"You need new clothes" I said walking over to my dresser and pulling a pair of shorts and a shirt out. I tossed it to Natasha.

"Thanks. I didn't mean to upset you if I did" Natasha said stripping off her clothes and changing into the clothes that I gave her.

I walked over to my bed and lay down. Natasha watched me and noticed the make shift bed on the floor.

"My mom changed the covers and fixed it like that just in case Mani stayed over again" I said.

"I would have to thank Clara for that" Natasha said laying down on the make shift bed. "You know I didn't hurt Normani, right?"

"I know" I said.

"Did you think it was me, at first?" Natasha asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Why?" Natasha asked.

"Camila said you were a bad person after you left" I said.

"I love how she failed to mention she was the reason that I left" Natasha said.

"It doesn't matter it's all in the past" I said.

"What about the future? I mean the future for us" Natasha said.

"I don't know. I want to sleep now" I said.

Natasha didn't speak after that and it was easy for me to drift off to sleep.

I woke up from the constant knocking on my bedroom door, I looked down at the floor to see if Natasha was still there but she wasn't.

"Lauren, mom says to come downstairs" Chris yelled on the other side of the door.

I yawned and got out of bed. I made sure to brush my teeth and wash my face before heading downstairs and good thing I did. Normani along with her dad was sitting on our living room couch. Normani was looking down at her feet, refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Come sit down sweetie" my dad said and I did as I was told.

"Mani is better?" I asked.

"No," Normani mumbled.

"I don't mean to cause any trouble it's just that after Normani got home last night that she hasn't been acting herself. Every time I ask her, she refuses to tell me. So I thought that maybe Lauren might have the answers" Normani's dad said.

"It's no trouble at all. I'm sure Lauren could tell you" my mom said.

"I don't know" I said.

"Lauren Michelle, what did I say about lying?" my mom said.

"Clara, maybe Lauren doesn't know" my dad said.

"She does, she just wants to protect me" Normani said.

"Is it bad?" Normani's dad asked.

"I-I got Dinah pregnant" Normani said.

"You what" Normani's dad yelled.

"I didn't tell you but I told mom about it and she helped me make it go away" Normani said.

"How did she make it go away?" Normani's dad asked.

Normani sighed. "We put her up for adoption and this couple took her. Dinah wanted it to be an open adoption, but I didn't want to have anything to do with Aria. She's three now and Dinah wants her back and wanted me to help get her back" Normani said.

"So, you just have a kid and then abandon her. I had a granddaughter that I didn't know about" Normani's dad said.

"It wasn't an easy decision, but I'm not really fit to be a parent right now. I didn't tell Ally and she found out and now she won't talk to me. This is all Camila's fault" Normani said.

"Camila?" my mom asked.

"She is supposed to be in rehab" my dad said.

"Well she isn't. She made an appearance at the college party last night. She ruined my relationship with Ally because I refused to break Maia and Lauren up. She even had someone attack me after I met with her and refused her offer, but I only accepted to do one thing for her. Even then that wasn't enough for her. I thought it was Natasha who attacked me, but she was helping me beat up my attackers until I turned on her" Normani said.

"You went to a college party last night?" Normani's dad asked.

"Wait, Natasha is back?" my dad asked.

"Lauren Michelle, did you know about this?" my mom asked.

"No," I quickly said.

"Lauren," my mom said staring me down.

"Some of it" I said.

The doorbell ringed and my mom got up to answer the door. When my mom opened the door, Sinu and Alejandro stood there.

"What the hell do you two want?" my mom asked rudely.

Sinu held a photo up to my mom along with handing my mom some papers. "I hope this proves Clara that my daughter isn't a liar" Sinu said and began to walk away.

"Hey Mike, I'll see you this weekend for Sunday night football" Alejandro said waving to my dad.

"You bet" Mike said waving back to him before following his wife.

My mom closed the front door and my dad walked to her to see what Sinu handed to her. They were both silently reading until my mom gasped and then covered her mouth.

"Clara, just calm down we aren't sure yet if this is legit" my dad said reading over the papers.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Lauren Michelle, you're grounded" my mom said.

"But I didn't do anything" I whined.

"Okay Clara you can't lock her in the house because of this. Lauren you aren't grounded" my dad said.

"Normani, you said you did something for Camila. What exactly was it?" my mom asked.

Normani looked at me and shook her head.

"Mani, tell them what you did" Normani's dad said.

"I'm so sorry Lauren. I was just trying to protect Ally from being hurt" Normani said with tears forming in her eyes.

"It's okay you will still be my best friend" I said.

"We will be the judge of that" my mom said.

"Mani is not bad" I said.

"Clara, our daughter has a point" my dad said.

"Promise me that you won't hate me after I tell you" Normani said staring at me with tears rolling down her face.

"I promise" I said.

"It might have already happened already, but at the party it wasn't an accident that Maia got drunk" Normani said.

"You made Maia sick?" I asked.

"Yes and I was supposed to lure Maia out in the middle of the street so she could get hit by the car, but I didn't know that Dinah knew about the plan too. She ended up pushing Maia out of the way and the car hit her instead. I wanted to stay back and see if Dinah was okay but I had to get out of there so I went back to wait in your car" Normani said.

"You hurt Dinah" I said.

"It was an accident and the worse part of what I had to do probably has already happened. Camila told me to break your heart and I found a way to do that" Normani said.

"How?" I asked and I couldn't bear to look at Normani anymore. I didn't realize I was crying until I noticed a tear land on my pants leg.

"I can't say it" Normani said her voice becoming shaky.

I immediately got up and ran upstairs to retrieve my phone and sent a text message to Maia, when she didn't respond instantly I dialed her number and called her. The phone ringed four times before going to voicemail. I didn't bother to leave a message as I sat down on the floor and pulled my legs up to my chest and started to cry. I was so focused on my own despair that I didn't notice Natasha climbing through my window into my bedroom.

Maia's POV

My phone vibrated on my night stand and my head was pounding massively. I brought my hand to my head in hopes that would stop the pounding. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 11:11 in the morning. I was about to get out of bed, when I felt movement next to me. I looked under the covers and realized that I was naked.

"Lauren?" I asked looking next to me in hopes of seeing Lauren.

But it wasn't Lauren that was naked next to me; messy blonde curls lay on the pillow next to me. She slept peacefully until I let out an ear piecing scream waking her up.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

Fated. נכתב על ידי Shenhe

ספרות חובבים

895 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...
12.5K 408 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...
90K 2.4K 17
In order for Camila to live her life Lauren needs to let her go. Lauren leaves to become a singing and Camila goes to New York to be on Broadway. Wha...
87K 2K 31
Lauren and Camila grew up together as best friends living in Miami, until Camila moves away to New York for 5 years. Now 19 and 20 years old, they ar...