What Remains | Bnha Zombies |...

By Uneven_Terrain

After a deadly virus forces the inhabitants of Japan to flee, a year later and the surviving members of Class... More

\\ Foreward //
\\ Part 1 //
{Prologue}
Ch 1 {Rumors}
Ch 2 {Another Day In UA}
Ch 3 {Hope For The Best}
Ch 4 {Roadblock}
Ch 5 {Death Trap}
Ch 6 {Eavesdrop}
Ch 7 {Aim For The Head}
Ch 8 {Search Party}
Ch 9 {Cold}
Ch 10 {Tough Decision}
Ch 11 {Blackout}
Ch 12 {Beta Protocol}
Ch 13 {Miracle}
Ch 14 {The Food Court}
Ch 15 {Promise}
Ch 16 {Smithereens}
Ch 17 {Last Bullet}
Ch 18 {Run}
Ch 19 {Turn For The Worst}
Ch 20 {Fall Of Japan}
\\ A/N //
Ch 21 {End Of Session}
Ch 22 {Nightmares}
Ch 23 {Time Flies}
Ch 24 {Shinso}
Ch 25 {Like Old Times}
Ch 26 {Lasagna}
Ch 27 {Second Chances}
Ch 28 {Clear The Air}
Ch 29 {Win To Save}
Ch 30 {Purpose}
Ch 31 {Long Time No See}
Ch 33 {Uncharted Territory}
Ch 34 {Stalker}
\\ Part 2 //
Ch 35 {Ambush}
Ch 36 {The Bandits}
Ch 37 {Make An Entrance}
Ch 38 {Ratatouille Stew}
Ch 39 {Temporary Truce}
Ch 40 {The Undead King}
Ch 41 {Quick Detour}
Ch 42 {Shed Some Light}
Ch 43 {Shut Eye}
Ch 44 {Sanctuary}
Ch 45 {Recovery}
Ch 46 {Among Us}
Ch 47 {Memories}
Ch 48 {Intentions}
Ch 49 {Storm Clouds}
Ch 50 {Prowlers Afoot}

Ch 32 {No Turning Back}

83 1 0
By Uneven_Terrain

Songs

\\ Mount Everest • Labrinth //

\\ Save Your Tears • The Weeknd //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Bakugo sat at Hagakure's window, mulling over the day as it came to an end. Meanwhile, she failed to cram her ax into her bag.

"So, what now?"

"Well, I got my gauntlets and Inko got what she needed, so my purpose is done," he answered.

"And All Might?" She scoffed at the name.

"If he's going, then there's nothing I can do. All we can do is continue the plan."

"And what about your hero costume?" She added, leaning to the side as he stared at the sun.

"It's ready."

5:30 pm.

"Time to go," Todoroki whispered before putting away his watch.

"I'll see you all, Tuesday!" He explained.

"Bye, Shoto! Have fun at the sleepover!" Fuyumi waved goodbye.

"Make sure to apologize to your girlfriend," Natsuo teased.

Just then, Todoroki looked at his mom and knew it was time to set matters straight. But at the cost of leaving his family in the dark. Hopefully, they would forgive him one day.

Simultaneously, Yaoyorozu was grabbing the last things when she caught a glimpse of a photo she wanted to take. She took it up and left her room, heading to the front door where surprisingly, her parents were waiting for her.

"Mother? Father? What's wrong?" She asked so as not to seem suspicious. However, the scoff that preceded her mouth ended any chance of playing dumb.

"Come now, daughter... We're not so easily fooled like your teachers!" She sternly retorted while the father remained objectively silent.

"Let me guess... You read my diary," Yaoyorozu sighed in defeat.

"Indeed, I did. Now, I don't know what game you and your friends are playing, but saying you're sneaking aboard your teacher's ship to find a dead girl sounds childish to me!"

Feeling shamed by her harsh tone and father's silence, Yaoyorozu directed her eyes to the floor.

"Well! Explain yourself!" She yelled.

No response.

"Well, if you're not going to explain yourself, then I will. You're grounded! As for your friends, I'm calling their parents, and reporting your teacher for whatever the hell he's doing playing make-believe with his students...!" She explained when something snapped in Yaoyorozu.

Suddenly, without so much as a warning, Yaoyorozu created Aizawa's white scarf and used it to tie her parents together, forcing them to sit flat on the floor.

"Yaoyorozu?!" Her mother gasped in disbelief.

Remaining silent, Yaoyorozu took their phones and threw them in the sink.

"I just got that..." Her dad nonchalantly sighed.

"Yaoyorozu!!! You're making a mistake! Stop now, before it's too late -!!!"

"NO, MOTHER!!!" Yaoyorozu shouted to the floor, making her mother choke on her words.

"I've always obeyed you... Tried to honor you...! Since the day I could create matryoshka dolls! And yet... The moment I could help people who needed me in Hokkaido! You stopped me... Well... No more..." She lifted her head up and showed them the pain on her face.

Yaoyorozu's mother was speechless.

The daughter she once loved was no more and instead, she was looking into the eyes of a woman determined to follow her own will. Even if it put her in danger. And that scared her.

Without saying anything, Yaoyorozu walked around her parents and unlocked the door.

"Momo...?" 

SLAM!

"Momo! No! Come back! Let's talk this out! There's still time -!" 

"ENOUGH!" Yaoyorozu's father raised which managed to get through to her.

"She's gone, honey... Just let her go..." He sighed and left it at that.

Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu's mother began to quietly sob.

"Yao-Momo..." She whispered.

In the hallway, Yaoyorozu wondered if she had done the right thing. She knew it was disrespectful to go against her mother, but anything was worth saving Eri.

Right?

Pressing the elevator, she would stay with Kaminari until it was time to go. She didn't have a choice either way. She just hoped he wouldn't ask her about her mother.

He did.

"Did you tell your mom about the sleepover?" Kaminari asked.

Presently, she entered the elevator.

"I doubt it matters now," Yaoyorozu responded in his room.

"What makes you say that?"

The elevator closed and she smiled at a picture of Eri and Jiro at the music festival.

"Let's just say they're tied up..."

\\ Meanwhile //

"So, you're spending the night at Denki's place for a sleepover?" Mic asked.

"Yeah. Is there a problem?" Shinso threw on his bag.

"No, no. It's just..." Mic mumbled, scratching his hair out of worry.

"Look, Uncle Mic... There's nothing to worry about. Trust me. While you're on your business trip, we'll hang out like in the good old days and call you if anything comes up. Remember, I have the money you gave me to order pizza," he smirked.

"Yeah, but-?"

"Now. Do you mind giving me a ride?" He asked sincerely, showing him the door. 

Expecting him to brush it off and move, weirdly enough, Mic stood there in a daze.

"Mic? Something wrong?"

Silence.

"Uncle Mic...?" He asked suspiciously.

"Sorry, kid..." Mic began, sighing as he reached into his pocket. "But we need to talk."

Shinso had a bad feeling about this.

~ 7:00 pm ~

"No way!"

"Come on, Eraser. We could use an extra hand," Midnight reasoned.

"Extra hand?! More like extra luggage! The last thing we need is a handicap on our mission. No offense, Gran Torino," Aizawa motioned to the old man who was sitting on his couch.

"None taken."

"Come on, Eraser... I got you quirk-enhancer drugs! The least you could do is let me help with the mission," All Might explained while holding up a small case.

"Look, I'm grateful for your gesture, but the last thing we need is someone holding us back."

"Not to mention drama," Mic whispered in annoyance.

"But I won't be holding you back. As long as I have a gun, I can protect myself. Just...! Please...! Let me help you. It's the least I can do after everything I've done..." He begged one last time.

Out of all the things he expected that day, Aizawa never expected this. Honestly, it pissed him off, because he genuinely made him pity All Might. Even the others were wondering what he would do. Not his cat, though. He could care less.

"Alright! Fine!" He pinched the bridge of his nose while All Might beamed with hope.

"You. Can. Come..." Aizawa reluctantly said.

"Thank you!" Instantly, All Might hugged Aizawa who allowed him the satisfaction of three seconds before pushing him away.

"Alright! Enough! This isn't a romcom..." He grumbled and fixed his collar.

"So, what now?" Gran Torino blurted out.

"Well, the ship is leaving the port Midnight, so that means curfew would be in effect," Midnight said, hurling a bag over her shoulder.

"Is that Marilyn?" Mic assumed it was the gun.

"Maybe," she anonymously smirked.

"I wouldn't worry about that, though. I know a guy who can escort us," All Might confessed.

"Just be careful during your travels. A lot can happen between now and Japan," Nezu advised.

"Understood," Aizawa nodded.

"Also... Don't die... I wouldn't want to tell your kids you died in Japan," Vlad said to Mic's regret.

"That's top of my to-do list," Aizawa assured before noticing Mic's saddened expression.

"Mic? Everything alright?"

"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm fine," he shrugged it off.

"Are you sure?" Midnight noticed.

"I'm fine! Believe me. I'm as good as I'll ever be..." He whispered while elsewhere, Shinso was struggling to free himself from the handcuffs Mic stuck to the stairwell.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hagakure stood in front of a fogged mirror, dripping with water that resulted from the hot shower she had previously stepped out of. After swiping her hand across it to see an invisible nobody, she started to have second thoughts about the mission and what she would have to do. Given the circumstances, she didn't want to disappoint Bakugo by being a stumbling block.

Why did he even put up with her? As far as he was concerned, she couldn't do a damned thing with a quirk like invisibility. Sure, she could swing an ax, but that was it. And yet, he still trusted her.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Invisible Chick. It's almost time. I can't leave without you, you know?"

Instantly, Bakugo's words reminded her of the mission and why he needed her. Not because of her strength, but because of her willingness to stick by his side. Once she knew that, she sighed at the girl in the mirror and accepted the mission at hand.

"Alright, Toru... Let's finish this."

After changing into the same bulletproof armor from the Jaku outbreak, she waited in Bakugo's room where he wore his winter costume. His mom had decided to take a nap and he had already written her a note. Now, he was just waiting for the right moment to leave.

"What's that?" She noticed him pull out a shiny item.

"A reminder to never let anyone die on my watch ever again..." He glanced at a picture frame with Class 1A. Specifically the faces of Midoriya, Uraraka, Tsu, and Iida.

"Katsuki... You have to stop blaming yourself for that," she gripped his shoulder sympathetically.

He blushed at this and shrugged her off. "What's there to blame? I left them. They're dead because I was weak. There's nothing to think about..."

"And that?" She gestured to the ring in the palm of his hand.

"Snipe gave me a final order to 'protect them. No matter what.' I can't fail him again. And I'm taking this ring as a reminder of that..." He placed it on his ring finger and squeezed his hand.

"Alright then. Still... I thought you had given it to his wife."

"Sadly, she never made it off Japan according to Nezu. All the more reason to bring it."

"Well... We've observed enough time as it is." She looked at the clock and saw that it was 8 o'clock.

"Yeah... Let's get this show on the road," he agreed.

While Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari made their way to Bakugo's room with jackets hiding their original hero costumes, Bakugo and Hagakure cautiously went to the front door. However, they didn't even make it far because the living room lamp turned on.

"And where are you going?"

The very voice of his mother caused him to stop in his tracks. Soon after, they realized Mitsuki had been waiting on the sofa the entire time with a glass of wine.

They had to think fast.

"We're going to spend the night with Kaminari!" Bakugo blurted out.

She continued to stare suspiciously until she could no longer keep up the dramatic act. And so, she giggled at his words, which confused the crap out of both of them.

"Wow! I taught you many things, Katsuki, but I never taught you to lie... That's why you're so bad at it..." She seriously said, making him gulp.

"Shit," Hagakure whispered, knowing full well the gig was up.

"In case you haven't realized it yet, I heard everything last night. About Aizawa. Hawks. Eri. Everything," she admitted to their surprise.

"As for this," she held up the note. "I don't know what you expected to accomplish with this. At least have the courtesy of telling me when you're breaking the law!" She threw it aside.

"So what?... Are you going to stop us? Stop me?" Bakugo boldly stepped forward, his hands quivering as he did.

"You're trembling like an ox, Katsuki... Mind you don't faint," she mocked.

"What does it matter to you anyway?! This has nothing to do with you!!!"

"This has everything to do with me. Don't you realize the gravity of this situation? You're my son, Katsuki...! The last thing I want is for you to die alone," she sincerely explained.

"And what? Mr. Aizawa deserves to die alone...?! Does Eri?!"

"She's gone, Katsuki. I'm sorry, but that's a fact..." She closed her eyes painfully.

"NO! She isn't. I know that now!"

"How?"

"Because I just do! Why else would Hawks tell Mr. Aizawa?!"

"Tch! Hawks," she rolled her eyes. "That man has hidden motives. Besides... I doubt it was him that sent the message."

"I'm sorry, Ms. Mitsuki, but I disagree. No one but Hawks could've given that information. It's too problematic..." Hagakure stepped forth.

"Okay, I'll give you that. Still... If Aizawa wants to risk his life for Eri, fine! That's his daughter, isn't it? But why must you go...?" She looked him dead in the eye and demanded an answer.

"Because Mr. Aizawa needs us!"

"And I don't?!"

"That's not what I meant..." He quickly regretted his comeback.

"No. That's exactly what you meant..." She coldly corrected which brought him to humility.

"Look. I know you feel responsible for Izuku's death and you're worried about Mr. Aizawa! But leave the mission to him! Or else I'll call him and tell him about your plan myself!"

"That's not your decision to make!" Bakugo immediately went on the defensive.

"And why is that?"

"BECAUSE IT'S NOT, OKAY!" Bakugo panted angrily, while Hagakure remained silent.

Mitsuki was speechless. Immediately she thought back to their conversation Friday evening after his nightmare. They had a similar conversation then that was replaying at that very moment.

How ironic.

Simultaneously, Bakugo thought about it for a moment but frankly, she had a point. Why did they have to go? They would probably get in Aizawa's way anyway. But would he be able to forgive himself if they didn't?

"Mom..." He began, making her surprised. "I have to do this. Sensei is going to get himself killed! And if I'm not there to prevent it... Then I'm still as weak as ever...!" He cracked, thinking about Midoriya and Uraraka. So, that's what this was about, she thought. She remembered all too well the day they left Japan. The day he confessed to leaving them behind to save Toru and Aizawa.

Now it was all making sense.

"Go ahead! Call him if you want! But I'll be damned if I let any of you stop me from saving Eri...!" His sudden response made Hagakure look at him like he was crazy.

Sighing, Mitsuki pinched the bridge of her nose and tiredly groaned. She was torn. As his mother, she couldn't allow this. But as his mother, she couldn't stop him either.

It was like he said:

"But next time, please... Let me be the one to handle my issues."

"Hagakure..." She muttered.

"Y-Yes, ma'am!"

Mitsuki sighed and dropped her hands in defeat.

"Promise me that you'll have his back. Please promise me that...!"

Although hesitant at first, Hagakure abruptly said, "I promise!"

That was all she needed to hear and so, she gave them a nod of approval.

As they walked out the door where the others were waiting outside, she quickly called out to him upon realizing this might be the last time she'll ever see him again.

"Katsuki!"

He stopped in his tracks.

"Yes," he acknowledged her.

"Don't die..."

"I won't," he sternly said and closed the door.

"Good."

In the corridor, Bakugo couldn't believe he won an argument with his mom and sighed in relief. Even so, he was glad she got closure and faced the others.

"Do we need to worry about -?" Yaoyorozu began.

"No. If she was, she would've done it by now."

"So, do we wait for Shinso? He hasn't arrived yet," Kaminari asked.

"No. We continue the plan. We can't wait any longer," Bakugo coldly said.

"If you say so..." Kaminari sighed.

"In that case, let's move... Zombie Slayer..." Hagakure smirked at Bakugo.

Before long, Bakugo dramatically led the way through the corridor where they would then take the elevator. Hagakure and Yaoyorozu were on the left while the boys were on the right.

To think everything that they had gone through led them to this moment. They would reach the port in record time, get to Japan, and save Eri. As for Shinso, if they missed the boat, their efforts would be for nothing. Hence why they couldn't wait for him.

There was no stopping now.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Thank you, Sansa. You're risking a lot by doing this. I owe you one..." All Might thanked.

"Don't mention it. I'm sure Tsukauchi would've done the same."

Aizawa, Midnight, and Mic were currently squished in the back of the police car while Gran Torino followed outside. As All Might said, Cat Cop provided a police escort to the port where they would find the ship and its captain.

As well as a few others.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Finally, you made it!" Fat Gum greeted the others as they exited Sansa's vehicle.

"Yeah. I was so worried that Fat Gum had to talk me into staying." Manual stepped out of the heavy brush along the fence line surrounding the port.

"Sorry about that. We had to wait on Sansa's escort," Midnight explained while Aizawa and All Might gave their farewells to the Cat Cop.

"All the best, All Might. You too, Eraser."

"Take care, Sansa," Aizawa farewelled.

"Later!" Mic saluted.

Cat Cop slowly pushed off, leaving the vigilantes under the light pole. However, to their surprise, someone else was standing on the other side of the road.

"What?!" Mic gasped.

"Rock Lock?!" All Might had to look twice as he approached.

"Glad you made it, Rock Lock. What made you change your mind?" Aizawa shook his hand.

"No reason in particular. Just an old man who felt he needed to honor a certain stubborn kid... That's all," Rock Lock explained.

"Well, if it's any consolation, I think you're doing the right thing," All Might commended.

"Yeah... I sure hope so..." He sighed, thinking about his family.

"Ken!!!" Suddenly, Fat Gum pulled him into a tight embrace.

"It's so good to see you!" 

"Ugh! Gum! I...! Can't breathe!" He struggled to say.

"Oh, crap! Sorry," he let go and allowed him to breathe.

"So, where's Edgeshot?" Gran Torino looked around.

"Don't know, but I'm sure he'll find his way in," Manual smirked at the thought.

"I agree. For now... Let's go!" Aizawa took the lead.

"Hell yeah!" Fat Gum pumped his fist.

Carefully and cautiously, Aizawa stuck to the fence line to avoid the cameras on the road and stopped at the foot of the entrance. He peeked through the brush, seeing two guards posted by the security gate along with one inside. Before long, they saw a delivery truck approaching.

"Now is our chance! Once they stop to verify the driver, you knock them out!" Aizawa whispered to Midnight.

As Aizawa predicted, one of the guards halted the driver and asked him to roll down the window. He asked for his ID when suddenly, a purple mist knocked him and the driver out. The other guard fell asleep soon after, but not the guard inside the security room.

"Shit!" She cursed when she realized he was wearing a mask.

He was inches away from sounding the alarm when a string came through the window and pierced his neck. He fainted against the desk and the string formed a hand that turned off the security cameras. Aizawa and the others remained on guard until Edgeshot stepped out of the room and waved them to come over.

"Look who finally made it!" Mic laughed in disbelief.

"I almost thought you weren't going to come," Aizawa confessed.

"I was the first one here! I simply waited for you to arrive until I saw you guys in the bush."

"Well, it's good to have you on the team, man," Fat Gum commended.

"Thanks for the approval, but we need to hide these guys before someone finds them. Either way, they're going to wake up eventually, and when they do, they'll have this whole place on lockdown," Edgeshot pointed out.

"Very well. Mic!" Aizawa began.

"I know! I'll move the truck," Mic volunteered himself.

"In the meantime, wait for us behind those containers! Let's go..." Edgeshot said.

"Say... Why are you even helping us?" He asked as they started to carry the first body.

Edgeshot sighed. "Because Mt. Lady and Kamui would've wanted it."

Aizawa nodded in understanding and left the conversation at that.

Once they were done, the three of them regrouped with the others and carefully maneuvered around security before eventually reaching Dock 15.

"The ship..." Gran Torino sighed in relief.

"Now what, though?" Manual asked.

"Ahem!"

Everyone turned around upon hearing someone clear their throat.

"Sirius?!" Aizawa widened his eyes in shock.

"Welcome, heroes. Or rather... Vigilantes... Selkie sends his regards."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sirius led them onto the ship where the crew were scouring the halls with crates and other items. This prompted Edgeshot to tell them that they needed to hurry, otherwise, they could potentially be found by the port authority for knocking out the guards. 

"Don't worry...! We're preparing to disembark for that same reason," Sirius calmly explained.

"So, Hawks coerced you into this operation, right? How did he contact you? Is the HPSC backing you up? And how long till we reach Japan?!" Aizawa asked one question after the other.

"Whoa! Whoa! Hold your horses, Eraser! One question at a time," Selkie interrupted.

"Selkie...!" Mic laughed.

"It's been a while, hasn't it, old friend?" Selkie smiled, shaking Aizawa's hand.

"I suppose it has. Since the fall of Japan, I reckon," he replied when Selkie looked behind him.

"Well, I'll be damned... All Might?"

"Haha... Hey, Selkie. It's been some time," he awkwardly chuckled.

Just then, Selkie noticed everyone's tired expressions and figured they could use some rest.

"Come! I'll show you your quarters," he and Sirius led them below deck.

"To answer your questions, though, Eraser... Yes. Hawks contacted me personally and explained the situation months after his disappearance. As a man of the law, I knew it was wrong. But in my heart... I couldn't refuse."

"So, we are on our own," All Might interjected.

"As far as I've been made aware, yes. If we're caught, the HPSC won't pardon our actions."

"I see... You're risking your carrier like the rest of us," Midnight added.

"Indeed. As for when we reach Japan, we'll be arriving tomorrow morning. I-Island has never come closer to Japan during its annual voyage. This couldn't be more perfect timing," he smiled, opening the door to their quarters and allowing the A/C to blow past their feet.

"Welcome to your quarters!" Sirius bubbly declared.

"Not bad..." Mic admired the decor of the bunker.

"So, besides aiding vigilantes, what else have you been up to, Selkie?" Gran Torino asked.

"Mainly to monitor Japan's coast alongside others. That's how Hawks knew how to find me."

"And let me guess, your job was to ensure no zombies left the country?" All Might assumed.

"That's correct!" Selkie flamboyantly commended.

"So, the HPSC tasked you to monitor the seas while Hawks monitored the skies. Clever," Mic said, throwing himself on a bed.

"And it pays well too!" Sirius budded in.

"That's probably why he was able to sneak into the country so easily. Why he did it for Eri is a question I'm still trying to figure out," Aizawa pointed out.

"Regardless of the reason, let's be content that he did so. I know if it was Tsu, I wouldn't even bat an eye," Selkie sighed at the scenario.

"Yeah..." Aizawa couldn't agree more. 

If only he had known what his other students were currently up to.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

While the ship was preparing to disembark, Bakugo and the others hid in the brush by the main road. Once they realized the security cameras were down, Yaoyorozu created pliers and carved a hole into the chain-linked fence surrounding the port.

"The moon is close to being full. We'll have to be quick; otherwise, we'll get spotted for sure," Yaoyorozu explained while shoving the pliers into Hagakure's bag.

"Agreed," Bakugo whispered.

"What about Shinso, though?" Kaminari brought up.

"What about him?" Todoroki coldly answered.

"He knew the plan! And he didn't show. We're leaving," Hagakure sternly added.

"Yeah. Whatever..." Kaminari sighed in defeat.

"That being said, enough moping around! Let's rock and roll..." Bakugo ended it at that.

One by one, they snuck into the port and made their way to the loading docks. When the coast was clear, they hid between two trucks and stayed still when guards sprinted past with guns. In addition, searchlights began to scan the vicinity which meant something was wrong.

"Looks like Sensei and the others slipped up on their way in," Hagakure concluded.

"Which makes it all the more imperative to get to the ship. Come on!" Bakugo led the way.

Avoiding the searchlights and security sweeps, Bakugo and the others eventually jumped over various fences before arriving at Dock 15. There is where they saw the ship departing the dock.

"Crap! The ship!" Todoroki exclaimed.

"Run! Now!" Bakugo ran for it.

Sprinting as if their life depended on it, Bakugo, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, and Hagakure hopped onto the boat before huddling in the shadows to catch their breath. Kaminari, Hagakure, and Yaoyorozu were in disbelief that they made it without getting caught.

As the boat sailed away from the dock, the realization started to set in. They weren't going to be on I-Island anymore. Instead, they would be heading home.

"What now?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Now we stay hidden until we reach Japan," Bakugo panted quietly.

While the others slowed their breathing, the moonlight broke through the clouds, and Kaminari felt sad. He was looking forward to working with Shinso and yet, from the looks of it, that wasn't happening. That is until he saw someone running on the dock.

"Shinso?!" He stood up, surprised.

Instantly, everyone spotted the purple-haired boy sprinting for the boat, wearing a new black hero costume that included his voice mask.

"RUN, SHINSO!!!"

"Shut up, Denki!" Bakugo came close to strangling him.

Meanwhile, Shinso continued to sprint with the intention of catching the boat. He was not going to miss that boat. Not after everything he went through to escape.

\\ Flashback //

After Mic grabbed his wrist and handcuffed him to a staircase, Shinso tried to brainwash him, "Why are you doing this?! Is this about Eri-Chan?!"

Mic didn't respond.

He looked over his shoulder painfully and left without saying a word.

Thinking he was done for, Shinso accepted defeat. The change his father wanted wouldn't come to fruition. In the end, Bakugo was right.

It was only after hours of struggling to free himself that he saw his bag and a spark of hope reignited in his head:

The oil.

He grabbed the bag after struggling to reach it and pulled out the lantern oil he bought earlier. He poured it on his wrist and within a matter of time, he freed his hand and bolted outside.

"Run, Shinso!!!" Kaminari shouted Shinso back into the present.

Realizing there were roughly twelve feet between the boat and the dock, potentially preventing him from making a change, he remembered the words of his father before he died:

"Heroes are more important than you think, son... They're not just there to bring hope, but to inspire change..."

"And... You can be the hero that proves people like us... Can make a difference too!"

"COME ON!!!" Bakugo reached out.

Shinso jumped and desperately reached out to Bakugo, recalling the last thing his father said.

"You can be... Our symbol of change:

SHINSO!"

"Argh!" Shinso struck the side of the ship and struggled to hold Bakugo's hand.

Todoroki and Kaminari proceeded to help pull him into the ship, allowing Shinso to lay on his back and catch his breath. Now he could rest well, knowing he didn't have to be afraid anymore. The change his dad sought was inevitable and all he needed to do was look to the future with hope.

"Well, look who showed up! Haha!" Kaminari laughed in disbelief.

"Crazy bastard! You could've killed yourself!" Bakugo added.

"What took you so long?" Todoroki asked.

"Long story short, but Mic tied me up. Don't ask!" Shinso paused between breaths.

"Well, you better not slow me down! And this goes for all of you! Because from this point forward..." Bakugo began as the ship sailed into the night.

"There's no turning back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 2.6K 54
Hawks had been hospitalized for a long time after the fight and his wings had still not properly regrown. At first he thought Dabi had burned them be...
20.7K 900 58
After years of being on his own. Dabi is caught by the number 2 hero. What seems like a normal day. Actually takes a turn for the worst. When Hawks t...
1.6K 82 15
*Short Story; Relationship With Hawks* You've been captured by the League Of Villains. Will Hawks be able to save you ?
28.4K 917 40
When the beloved Pro hero Hawks, went missing after a video went viral on the internet of him fighting a new Nomu, tensions rise within the Hero's to...