Ch 35 {Ambush}

Fear.

That's what Bakugo felt as he stared into those piercing green eyes that belonged to a person he once thought was dead minutes ago. But now he knew better. Now he knew that even though the person looked like him, it wasn't.

And although fear kept him frozen, he knew the person he was looking at wasn't:

"Deku."

"Is this real?" Kaminari couldn't believe his eyes.

"This is real, kid..." All Might sighed at the sight of the boy.

From where they were standing, everyone had a good glimpse of Deku. His hair was messy, his skin was pale, and his costume had holes that were probably caused by the Beta Protocol a year ago. All the while, his hoodie flapped in the wind behind his head.

What stood out the most were his lifeless piercing green eyes that could give anyone a nightmare.

"Why isn't he attacking us?" Mic whispered to Aizawa.

"I don't know..."

Yep. Aizawa didn't know what to think. A year ago he was nurturing Midoriya into a responsible hero and now he was looking at an undead predator. In all honesty, it broke his heart.

"Guys... I don't like this..." Hagakure said as he stood there with no motion.

Other than the fact that Deku was a zombie, something was off

Other than the fact that Deku was a zombie, something was off. Usually, zombies didn't wait around. Something else was at play and she wasn't gonna get picked off first.

By some miracle, Bakugo was able to come to the same conclusion and carefully activated the gauntlets from Melissa. Sadly, he mustn't have been quiet because Deku jerked when he turned it on. This almost gave him a heart attack while scaring the daylight out of everyone.

As a result, Yaoyorozu took up her crossbow, Kaminari charged up his electricity and Todoroki amped up the heat on his left side. Meanwhile, the others prepared for the worst same way.

As they stood on the defensive, Deku suddenly screamed at the top of his lungs, causing Shinso to wince and Bakugo to fall on one knee.