Ch 24 {Shinso}

\\ Level of Concern //

\\ Twenty One Pilots //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

10:22 am.

Fall of Japan.

The day started normally for Shinso. He went to class and greeted his friends then once the lesson started, he would block out all distractions and stay focused. On this day, in particular, though, that didn't happen.

Before the first period even started, it ended, and everyone was sent to their dorms because of a safety exercise. Shinso didn't buy it one bit, though. Hence why he told his friends that it was a pile of bullshit and that something larger was at play.

His friends brushed him off and continued to act like nothing was wrong. Eventually, Shinso started to wonder if he was being over-paranoid until ten o'clock rolled around and his doubts were practically confirmed when All Might knocked on his door.

He left the dorms and his friends and walked one foot after the other to the UA campus, following All Might. It turned out that his father had called the school and was going to pick him up early. Not that it mattered since all classes were canceled anyway.

Still, the way his father requested him so suddenly was pretty random and his father never did things randomly. It made him wonder: What the hell was going on in the world?

"So... Shinso is it? I can't recall if I congratulated you during the Class 1A vs. Class 1B training, but you did well and I have no doubt that you'll get into the hero course." All Might patted him on the back.

"Thanks. That means a lot coming from the symbol of peace," he briefly smiled, approaching the UA barrier.

"No. Thank YOU. Seeing as how Eraserhead is training you, I know you'll be a good hero one day, so it's an honor! You might even be an icon, more popular than me," he said as birds flew overhead, chirping as they did.

"I don't know about that, but thanks anyway..." Shinso was flattered.

Walking on the sidewalk, Shinso noticed a blue car outside of the gates. All Might took out an ID card and placed it on a scanner nearby. After it was confirmed, the barrier opened up and allowed Shinso to hop into the front passenger seat of the car.

"So. I take it you're Mr-?"

"Sorry, All Might, but we have to go. Thanks for getting my son, though. It was a pleasure to meet you!" He sped off, leaving him in his dust.

"Dad! What the hell was that?!" Shinso asked.

"Trust me, son. What I did is the least of our worries."

"As if!" Shinso said, looking at the retired hero through the rearview mirror, feeling so embarrassed.

"Jeez. A pleasure to meet you too," All Might scoffed, waving the dust aside before going back into the campus to call a certain someone's mother.

"Seriously, though, Dad. That was a real dick move," Shinso said.

No response.

"Nice talk..." Shinso folded his arms and looked out the window.

Watching people on the sidewalk, carrying out their day-to-day lives as normal, his dad started to flip through radio stations when suddenly, he saw two men sprint out of a convenience store, carrying what looked like water and other essential items while seeing what he assumed to be the shop owner chasing after them.