Rivals 🌈 βœ”

Af Venomis

[Completed. Words: 161,083] Long hours pass by when Juice and Raine are both stuck in an elevator. The moment... Mere

Introduction
1 - Stuck
2 - Not Alone
3 - Experimenting
4 - Spark
5 - Soul Mates
6 - Confusing Desires
7 - Love At First Sight
8 - Gay
9 - Chemistry
10 - Openness
11 - Intoxicating
12 - Medieval Times
13 - One Last Kiss
14 - Consolation
15 - Lovers For One Night
16 - Unknown Intimacy
17 - Conflicts
18 - All Or Nothing
19 - Calm Before The Storm
20 - Good Intentions
21 - Waiting In Fear
22 - Words of Love
23 - Wounded Love Birds
24 - Yours
25 - Sometimes Dreams Come True
26 - Won't End Well
27 - Dead Heroes
28 - Fatal
29 - Fury
30 - Exhausted
31 - Hour of Truth
32 - Impossible
33 - If That Ain't Love
34 - The Epitome of Irony
35 - Condemnation
36 - As Long As We're Together
Author's Note
37 - Collateral Damage
38 - Loyalty
39 - Worth It
40 - For His Own Good
41 - Disgust
42 - Falling Apart
43 - Broken
44 - Picking Sides
45 - Deceit
46 - Hold Me
47 - Never Let Me Go
48 - Guilt
Question
49 - The Right Thing
50 - Criticism
51 - Satisfaction
52 - Down the Drain
53 - Anger
54 - We Belong Together
55 - Pancakes and Princes
56 - Pick-up Lines
57 - Unrest
58 - Worry
Only You
59 - Loss For Words
60 - Family First
61 - For Us
62 - As Good As Dead
63 - World of Pain
64 - Thieves
65 - Rotten
66 - In the Dark of Night
67 - Lost Battle
68 - You're Not Alone
69 - Memories
70 - Loose Ends
71 - A Loaded Conscience
72 - Prey
73 - Standoff
74 - To Be a Good Friend
75 - Friendship Means Nothing
76 - A Smile and a Tear
77 - Bear the Burden Together
78 - Waves of Love
79 - Relief
80 - Someday
81 - Till Death Do Us Part
83 - Cooperating
84 - To Expose the Devil
85 - Settling Things
86 - Done
87 - A Fading Scar
Epilogue

82 - Bait

983 50 4
Af Venomis

The empty chair in the room was prominent. Chibs' gaze was constantly drawn to it, like an itchy wound you couldn't keep your fingers off.

Which he also had. The wound had now closed and he was no longer as tired as the first two days, but he couldn't say he was back to his old self.

Although that was also because of that darned empty chair.

"It's time we got our hands on that dirty rat," Clay spoke. Apparently, he couldn't stand that empty chair either—though perhaps for different reasons.

Pondering, Chibs looked at his president. "Is it wise to focus on that now? It can never be long before the IRA is here for us."

"That's precisely why we need that brat. So he can tell us where those weapons are."

Chibs heaved a sigh. "I don't believe the lad knows where they are."

"Then we shouldn't let him roam around either. He knows all our secrets, he can get in anywhere with those damn hacking skills." The last words were accompanied by a fist hitting the table.

"But how will you track him down? We've been looking out for him for days. He's gone, I bet he's with Alvarez," Jax objected. "Now do you want to get into a war with them too?"

"With the new weapons being delivered tomorrow, that won't be too difficult."

The new weapons. The sonic ones, which they had been so fierce against at first. When it turned out the offer still stood, they had reluctantly agreed. With the IRA coming for them, they had little choice.

"We don't even know how well those work," Jax objected. "Maybe they expect us to come up with that and have their hands on something to disrupt the signal or have ear muffs. This is new territory for us—we shouldn't be exploring that while stepping onto a minefield!"

Clay took ample time to light up a cigar. Then he leaned back, scanning their faces one by one. "We'll lure him here. That girl still lives in that house. We'll put a gun to her head and threaten to blow up her brain; then he'll show his shitty face and we'll take him out."

Take him out. The words echoed through Chibs' head. The man spoke about it so easily that it made him feel uneasy. Especially since part of him still didn't believe that the Mayans had stolen their guns at all. However, the firmness with which his president spoke made him stay quiet. For now, until he knew more.

"Are you serious?" Jax shared the indignation he felt. "Are we going to threaten women now too?"

"We won't really hurt her," Clay soothed. "Juice only has to think so."

Silently, Jax shook his head. Yet his discontent remained there. Perhaps he also saw the benefits of eliminating Juice as soon as possible—and if they had to go over the line one more time... So be it. 

"I want to be there," Chibs hummed. "So I can look that jerk in the eye when he shows up."

Clay nodded approvingly. "You go there, along with Hap."

Happy only gave a nod, then they rose silently from the table.

Just the two of them. That would work.

"Let me ring the bell, otherwise she might not open. That girl isn't stupid," Chibs said after they got off their bikes.

While Happy watched the street out of habit, Chibs—still limping—headed towards the front door and rang the bell. It didn't take long for the door to open and reveal Skye's face.

"Chibs!" She showed him a smile that instantly sent a stab of guilt through him. Her kindness was genuine, he could see that, even if he was sure she resented how he had treated Juice and allowed Raine to be treated. "How are you doing?"

"Good, good." He nodded slowly. "We need your help." He looked over his shoulder at Happy, who was standing just out of her sight, and beckoned him closer with a head gesture.

Her facial expression changed when she saw Happy. She took a step backward. Before she could shut them out, Chibs put his foot between the door and pushed it open further.

Fear shone in her eyes. She also knew that Happy did not usually announce cheerful visits.

"Sorry lass." He grabbed her by the arm and pushed her further inside. "Right now, you're the easiest way to get Juice here."

Wildly, she shook her head. "Leave him alone! You can't do this!"

"Orders from higher up," he responded, shrugging his shoulders.

Happy stepped past him and grabbed Skye's arm, dragging her to a chair in the dining room.

Chibs' gaze flashed around the room, but nothing indicated that her housemate had been there recently. The house was messy, something Juice absolutely could not stand. He was not hiding here. It was becoming increasingly plausible that Alvarez offered him shelter. That sucked for him, for Chibs couldn't just drive into Mayan's territory to tug Juice at his sleeve.

No, he really needed him in more neutral territory.

Away from the Mayans—but also from the Sons .

. . .

Her upper leg bumped against the table tip as soon as she was shoved hard into a chair.

"Ouch," Skye growled.

The two men looked at her with stone faces. "Where's Juice?"

"Do you really think I'm going to betray him? That you guys did so is bad enough!"

Happy sank to his knees and looked her straight in the eye. "Don't think we're fooling around with you, little girl. The security of the club is at stake. We'll do what it takes to protect the club."

Skye snorted. "Protecting the club? So far, it has been others who've been protecting the club and the people associated with it. It was Raine who came to Tig's aid after you two were driven off the road. It was Juice who found Opie's mother. It was me who told Jax that the Mayans were coming to kill you at the junkyard." Seething, she looked at Chibs. "And what do you do yourselves? Torturing people who know nothing and threatening me! You make mistake after mistake and others get to pay for it!"

Something changed in Chibs' gaze, though he blinked it away immediately. "I get that you're not going to tell us where Juice is." He looked around and pushed her smartphone on the table towards him. "Then he will have to do that himself. Tie her up," he instructed Happy.

Skye tried to get up, but Happy pushed her back, jerked her arms back and tied her wrists.

For the first few seconds, Skye was too stunned to react, so unreal was it that these men were doing this to her. Then she started screaming and tried to get up, chair and all.

Of course she failed. Happy shoved a piece of paper in her mouth and tied her ankles to the chair legs. With tears in her eyes, she watched as Chibs pointed the camera at her.

"The time to hide is over, Juicy. Come here, or you can bury another friend. We will regret that, but you leave us no choice."

Chibs lowered the device. "Chances are he will ask Alvarez for help. I'll take her to the clubhouse by car, we can best protect her there."

Happy silently agreed. "Car keys?" he growled.

She pinched her lips. He was an idiot if he thought she was going to be even a bit cooperative.

Chibs walked to the corridor, and within moments he pulled her keys from her coat pocket. "I already have them. Just throw her in the back seat. I'll pick up my bike after I bring her back."

Happy took a knife from his belt and cut her ropes. Before she could jump up, he pulled her off the chair and slammed her against the table, whereupon he tied her again. With great strides, he carried her out of the room. Outside, she was tossed in the back seat, they didn't even bother to cover her with anything. 

The car door closed. Although she couldn't see it since her head rested on the back seat, she knew it was Chibs who sat down in the driver's seat and started the engine.

For five minutes she lay there.

Ten minutes.

It took a damn long time and she worked her way up on the back seat. They'd left Charming. Discomfort settled in her stomach. What were they planning? To kill her off in a remote place? But for what reason? She barely knew anything!

"I asked Happy to give the house another good search," Chibs said as he caught her gaze in the rear-view mirror. "It won't be long before they find out I didn't go to the clubhouse."

Confused, Skye stared at the Scotsman.

"I'll explain later when we're a bit further away. But I need to speak to Juice without the rest of the club there. I have a hunch who's really behind the stolen goods and I need his help to prove it."

Overwhelmed, Skye leaned her shoulder against the backrest. Slowly, his words trickled in. Chibs believed Raine and Juice were innocent—and he would help them!

. . .

If you enjoyed this chapter and you want to support me as a writer, it would mean the world to me if you'd leave a comment, vote and follow my profile ♥

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
80.8K 6K 29
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
15.6K 1K 40
[Completed. Words: 84.589] #1 Creative Awards 2019! --- Getting a room mate sounded like an easy way to save money. However, being stuck with the mos...
926K 18.3K 23
NOW PUBLISHED. GET THE BARTENDER ON AMAZON!! TW: Homophobia, Self-harm, Drug-use and insinuations of Sexual Assault are heavily present in this story...