Family Secrets Part 2

By Bad4Lov

This is book 2 from "Family Secrets" we continue to follow Karen through her journey of healing after the maj... More

Heart-to-heart
Cracked open
Miss You
Keep moving forward
Growing Pains
Have you noticed?
I was you P1
I was You P2
What happened?
Read the room
They didn't P1.
They Didn't P2
They Didn't P3
They Didn't P4
We didn't know
She's here fightin'
I'm Sorry P2
The Surprise P1
The Surprise P2
The Surprise P3
Return to the roots
My Babies
Love-to-Love
You're being difficult
I'm Sorry P3
Back to Work
Opening Up
A blasts from the past
You Can't Be Serious
Shopping Spree
Artsy
Stay Ready
Stay ready P2
Why?!
Am I?
By a Thread
Everything's falling apart
Fix it Jesus
Give It To The Lord
Lord, Give Me A Praying Spirit
A Secret Place
Jesus Heals
We're trying
Its not fair
Jesus will work it out
Work Flow P1
Work Flow P2
Things are getting better?
The truth revealed P1.
The Truth Revealed P2
Already lookin' better?!
What's wrong?
Is it my fault?
Things are good
Things are good P2
Are you alright?
Is it a dream??
To be or not to be?
We're getting closer
Then there was three
Somethings are better left unsaid?
The night before
The Court Case P1
The Court Case P2
Court Case Day 2: P3
Court Case Day 3: P4
Court case Day 4: P5
Court Case Day 4 continued
Court Case Day 5: P5
The verdict
The beating
Being vulnerable
Is it over?
Making amends
Karinda
Living
Love Life
Jailbirds...
Who did it?
Trying to get there P1
Trying to get there P2
Witnessing
Help
There's a shift in the atmosphere
Dreaming Of You...
Dreams are gone??
Hurt feelings
Hurt feelings P2
Hurt Feelings P3
Hurt feelings P4
Hurt Feelings P5
Hurt Feelings P6
Are you for real?!
Forgive and move on
What are we gonna do?
We're working on it
Welcome home
Whats going on?
Goodbye High School
Who?!

I'm Sorry P1

213 22 21
By Bad4Lov

Notes: Nikki comes back home from the hospital and Faith tries to talk to her.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault.

After, Drew, Karen, and Nikki ate breakfast they went back home with Drew helping Nikki out of the car since her c-section scar was still fresh on her and she had to be careful about what she had to do. They didn't initially tell Faith that she was ever pregnant so, Faith finding out from one of her aunties after they had talked to Karen about it was a shock to her and she felt super bad for making her sister go into early labor. And when she heard that her niece was fighting her life she fell to the floor crying her eyes out over the phone hating herself for always hurting her family so, now not only did she try to hurt her mother and ended up getting her ownself hurt she had eventually hurt her older sister and her unborn niece which she didn't know at the time.

So, once Faith found out a little bit of what had happened she had went called her interior decorator and started planning some stuff out knowing that they were gonna be coming back and fourth and almost immediately, Faith had a whole entire nursery set up for her older sister since they didn't get the chance to even plan one out and Faith wasn't about to mess up again.

Also as far as Nikki's room she cleaned it up to where it was spotless and she had replaced what she had broke with something newer and better.

And then she had bought, Nikki some paintings replacing what she had tore up in her sisters room she had just hoped that she had liked it and didn't hate the re-decoration that she had did.

But this re-decoration was from the heart after she knew she had completely fucked up.

Because while she was crying earlier over the phone she had realized that she damn near had killed her niece without even knowing stressing her sister out over something that was stupid.

She was so sure that Nikki was gonna fight her but when she leaned over in pain she knew then that something was terribly wrong.

And something did go wrong.

When she found that out at first, Faith was just normally cleaning up her sisters room not thinking about replacing anything at all seeing that-that was enough. But when her auntie Twinkie called her because they had put Twinkie up to talking with Faith because she was good with dealing with Faith's attitudes sometimes more than what Jacky was dealing with.

So with them being out and in and out the house it gave Faith more time to get Nikki's room cleaned and to set up the nursery for her sister as well.

After she was done she took a step back and saw how the room was decorated for baby N'ylani.

(This is Nikki's nursery for N'ylani this is what Faith had decorated for them. One of them is a crib and the other one is cradle just because Faith likes to be extra).

Finally, Faith heard them walking into the house and she heard, Nikki telling them that she was gonna go upstairs to lay in one of the other rooms thinking that her room was still messed up.

So when Nikki had walked upstairs she was met with Faith at the top of the steps and she immediately had felt very uncomfortable being around her considering what had just happened for the past two days which was a lot to deal with and even though her baby was at the hospital, Nikki had her concerns about the safety of her daughter.

"Hi." Faith slowly said not knowing what to do with her arms as she just nervously rubbed them together and was looking around and Nikki had looked at her asking her if she was gonna let her move. But all Nikki did was tilt her head unsure of it she should even talk to her little sister.

"Nikki." Faith said before she started walking again and Karen heard, Faith talking to her getting ready to go up there to see what was going on because at this point, Karen was tired of Faith's mess and Faith almost made Nikki lose her grand-baby.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did." Faith said realizing how wrong she was. "I-I don't know what else to say. There's no excuse for what I did because I know it was done out of pure jealousy." Faith said.

And, Nikki had just continued to look at her not believing her at first.

So, Nikki just did the rudest shrug she could do giving Faith that non-verbal attitude that said she didn't care.

"Okay I deserved that." Faith said knowing that Nikki was mad at her.

"Can you move I need to lay down before I make you move?!" Nikki told her already threatening her while she had one of her hands holding the rails because her c-scar was hurtin'.

"Okay. But-but just hear me out." Faith begged her.

"Haven't we heard you out enough?!" Nikki told her.

"I almost lost my baby because of you!" Nikki said giving her sister the meanest look that she could give her.

"I didn't know!" Faith said trying to defend herself.

"That's because you didn't care to ask or think about someone else other than yourself!" Nikki lightly hollered at her trying not to cause herself more pain.

"You didn't care to ask if I was okay." Nikki said getting emotional.

"All you cared about was you." Nikki told her straight to her face tilting her head and shrugging her shoulders at the same time while her one hand was still holding onto the rails.

"I-." Nikki said as she was about to explain herself but then she stopped herself still not having the energy to even deal with Faith.

"It doesn't even matter. You wouldn't care no way!" Nikki said marching off to her room forgetting to take it easy.

"But Nikki wait-I DO CARE!" Faith said trying to go after her big sister but Nikki wasn't trying to hear her out and she had got frustrated.

"We can talk about it!" Faith said being all types of late.

"IT'S TOO LATE TO TALK ABOUT HOW I WAS RAPED WHY WOULD I DO THAT WITH YOU?!" Nikki hollered at her with tears shedding on her face. "I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGNANT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE I COULDN'T PREPARE ANYTHING AND YOU JUST OVER HERE STRESSING EVERYBODY OUT!" Nikki yelled at her.

But then, Nikki had realized what she had hollered out loud taken aback by it since this was the first time that she had really acknowledged what happened.

"Nikki." Faith said getting emotional because she didn't know that had happened to her big sister and Faith tried to hug her but Nikki just stepped back away from Faith shaking her head no.

"Just-just leave me alone." Nikki said with her voice cracking as she started sniffling even more right before she had went into a room closing the door behind her to go lay down and cry at the same time.

So, Faith was left there standing alone wanting to cry but she had went back into her room before Karen could even make her go in there so, Faith had basically disciplined herself by saying to herself to just stay in her room for the rest of the day.

Faith felt so bad that morning.

Because here Nikki was crying again and she didn't really have a break from crying either.

So, Karen just went upstairs and checked on Nikki knowing that she had to go comfort her daughter and she was just gonna have to talk to Faith later about how she's been treating people.

Now that Karen was finally upstairs she had opened up the room that Nikki had went into and closed the room door behind her getting in the bed next to her daughter seeing that Nikki had red eyes from crying and she was still crying while curled up but not to much to where it would hurt her.

"Heyyy." Karen softly cooed rubbing her daughter's back as she was crying.

"It's gonna be okay." Karen said hating whenever her daughters cried because it felt like she couldn't do enough for them.

"I know it's hard right now and the pain never goes away but over time it does get better." Karen told her not wanting to lie to her baby. "And I know you're hurting right now but I don't want you to sit in that anger." Karen said as she was hearing Nikki ball her eyes out again crying in her mama's lap.

"I don't want you to end up like me and go through what I had to go through." Karen told her even though Nikki went through some of what her mama went through.

"That anger is gonna lead you to a place where it's not so good." Karen told her.

"It's gonna do something to you that you never thought was possible and it takes a longgg time to get rid of if you sit in it now." Karen told her.

"But it hurtsss." Nikki cried and Karen knew exactly what her daughter was talking about and at that point in time she just had to cry with her daughter again.

"I know it does. Mama knows it does." Karen cooed comforting her baby. Then this overwhelming sense of guilt had washed over Karen which was just her blaming herself again for what happened.

"I'm sorry mama couldn't protect you." Karen cried as she just had to break down in front of her daughter because she felt so bad about not being able to protect Nikki and the fact that she didn't even see the signs at the time because she was programmed her ownself from her own trauma had made it even worse.

So now they were both boohooing together which was actually healing them and letting it out.

"Gawd, I'm so sorry." Karen said as she was now hugging her as she was now silently crying for her daughter.

"It's not your fault." Nikki mumbled through her tears because was still crying and really couldn't talk at the moment without sobbing.

And then that just made Karen cry even more because here she was thinking that all of this was her fault when it wasn't and when Nikki said that it was like a bondage was released from her.

After they had their crying session and somewhat opening up with each other session they had dozed off to sleep together and Nikki just felt so safe with her mother by her side.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

What did y'all think about the room re-decorating that Faith did for Nikki?

And what do y'all think about the nursery that Faith made for Nikki?

What did y'all think about the conversation that was had between Nikki and Faith?

What do y'all think about Nikki crying and Karen having to go check on her?

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 1.2K 107
(Last updated: November 2022 - September 10, 2022). Come along on this journey with the legendary, Karen Clark-Sheard to see how she navigates her e...
18.3K 1.7K 100
If you've been reading my series "Family Secrets" this is the last installment. Now Karen and Drew have all their kids under one roof and are watchin...
15K 1.6K 103
The final installment to the book series "Family Secrets" follow Karen on this journey as old faces comes back to haunt her in her current time.
592 0 47
This story is a continuation of "Private Practice" (One Shots). It's Book 2. Hope you enjoy!!