Marriage and other threads

By Goerks97

This story is a vampire/ werewolf au. Where reader is a werewolf and has arranged marriage with a vampire. Th... More

Prolog
The meeting
Hurt Feelings
A short conversation
The wedding
A new beginning
The grand tour
Mondays
Friends
A dinner with Werewolfs
Full moon
A meeting with the alpha
Tired
A strange feeling
Vampires and Werewolfs
A unexpected turn
The plan
No risk no fun
Home
Time to heal
Time to heal part two
The library
Old memorys
Sadness and cuddles
The door
Hanging out with friends
The fight
A sad story
Back to normal
Sweet gestures
Another plan?
The barn
Treason and bloody hands
I love you
The ex-girlfriend
A new case
A proposal
First practice
The silver book
Doppelgänger
A moment of doubt
The need to talk
The deepest trust
The gift
A nice dinner
Overthinking
In the library part one
In the library part two
Bad news
The sweet sound
Distraction
Nightmares or Visions?
Hard decisions
You are never a bother
The date
We need answers
Fear and guilt
Leave her?
The search
Hopeless
Sick
Hard times
Seperation
Brainstorming
Stress and fear
The white room
Hands
On the inside
Reunited
The cathedral
Sunlight
Grief
What's next?
Hurt and comfort
Spirits
A promise
Poisoned
Hopeless
Look inside my heart
The Queen
Save you
Take me back
Back to life

A light in the dark

112 10 33
By Goerks97

Sua's pov:

A dark fog filled her head. It pulled her deeper where no light could reach her. All the memories she made in this life flashed before her eyes as death reached out for her. She could feel the warmth leaving her body as cold fingers wrapped around her and tried to pull her deeper into the dark abyss.

"We will lose her." A voice reached her ears.

"I know his voice. This must be Jungkook. But what does he do here?" Sua thought. 

"No, we won't." Another voice replied.

"Siyeon? Why is she here? I thought I was with Felix and Gahyeon." Sua's mind got sleepy. "Are we no longer in the Skugga's hideout? What happened and why does my side hurt so much?"

"She lost too much blood." Jungkook interrupted her thoughts.

"She? Does he mean me?" Sua was confused. 

"I will not let her die," Siyeon said.

"I'm injured. They are trying to save my life." Sua's body felt so heavy as the dark void seemed to swallow her. "I'm so tired. Maybe I should rest. I could sleep for an eternity."

She slowly gave up. No longer she could resist. Her breathing got lower with every breath she took.

"I will just rest a little. Just for a moment." Sua thought but deep inside of her, she knew she would never wake up if she let herself fall asleep.

It was so comfortable and easy. For a moment she was fine with it until the voice of her girlfriend reached her through the darkness.

"Sua please fight," Siyeon said.

Her voice was close but Sua wanted to ignore it.

"You cannot leave me. I need you." The other girl cried.

"I'm already dead. There is nothing I can do to come back to you." Sua thought as something wet touched her face.

"Baby, please. You promised to marry me." Siyeon sniffed.

The darkness didn't want to let Sua go but there was a small light in the distance.

"Siyeon." Suddenly Sua's mind cleared up.

The black fog faded and the light in the distance got bigger. How could she leave Siyeon behind?

"She is dead," Jungkook whispered.

"I love you." Siyeon's voice was filled with pain. "I will always love you."

There was a weight on Sua's chest and she knew that Siyeon cried into her shoulder right now. The blonde girl had done it so often in the past but never were her cries filled with so much pain.

"No. I will fight." Sua screamed as she ran towards the light.

Her body was heavy and every step she took dragged on her willpower. Only one thought kept her going  as death's fingers wanted to grab her again.

"Siyeon." The small girl thought. "Siyeon. Siyeon. Siyeon."

The light was so close and Sua was about to break through it but she stumbled. Death grabbed her ankle and wanted to drag her back into the darkness.

"Oh no. You bastard let me go." Sua yelled and brushed his iron grip off.

She was able to stand up again. Only a few more steps and she would reach the light.

"Siyeon," Sua yelled. "I'm coming."

Her fingers touched the light and it embraced her. Pure light danced around her as her body got filled with life again. Hungrily she inhaled the air as a stinging pain greeted her.

Siyeon's pov.

"We will lose her." Jungkook pointed out as sweat rolled down her face.

"No, we won't," Siyeon replied and closed the last artery that got damaged from the blade.

The bleeding had almost stopped and she only needed to stitch up the long cut on Sua's side.

"She lost too much blood." Jungkook wanted to grab her wrist but she pushed him back.

"I will not let her die." Siyeon hissed back.

"But she is already dead." Her assistant whispered and Siyeon knew that he was right.

Sua's heart slowly stopped beating as Siyeon stitched up the cut. Tears burned in her eyes and she tried to blink them away.

"Sua, please fight." The blonde doctor said.

She had done everything she could as the heart rate of her girlfriend came to a halt. Siyeon didn't need to check her girlfriend's pulse she could feel it. Sua's chest was no longer moving because her body didn't need the air anymore. 

"You cannot leave me. I need you." Siyeon cried as she grabbed both of Sua's shoulders. "Baby, please. You promised to marry me."

Her brain couldn't accept it. Sua would no longer walk on this earth and Siyeon was not able to save her.

"She is dead." Jungkook placed his hand on Siyeon's shoulder to comfort her a little but it made it even worse.

"I love you." Siyeon's voice was filled with pain. "I will always love you."

Tears rolled down her face as she laid her head on Sua's chest.

"Why do you leave me alone? You promised me to be careful." The blonde girl thought as her sobs filled the room.

She clung to the small girl. Suddenly Sua inhaled sharply. Siyeon's head snapped up. The small girl's eyes were open and searched for something in the room. As soon as they lay on the blonde girl Sua smiled.

"Siyeon," Sua said in a barely audible voice.

"Oh, my god," Siyeon whispered as she grabbed her girlfriend's head with both hands. "I have you back."

Happy tears streamed down her face as she leaned down to kiss Sua. Their lips met for a few tender kisses.

"I'm sorry that I made you worry," Sua said after Siyeon pulled back.

"Shh, just rest." The blonde doctor replied.

Sua's hand reached out to cup Siyeon's cheek. Her thumb brushed away the tears that rolled down the doctor's face.

"Don't cry." The small girl said before she fainted.

"How is this possible? Her heart stopped beating." Jungkook asked.

"I don't care. She is alive and that is all that counts." Siyeon replied.

Handong's pov:

Nervously she walked up and down the hallway. Felix and Gahyeon had sat down on the floor while holding each other's hands. 

"Come one, Sua." The blonde girl thought.

The tiny girl was tough but Handong was not sure if she would survive. Never had she felt so helpless like she had when Felix came running out of the building with Sua in his arms. Her blood was everywhere as panic spread in Handong's chest. They couldn't go to the hospital because they would run some tests and the humans were not supposed to find out that something was wrong with Sua's DNA. 

"If we had brought her there they would've found out about her being a Werewolf." Handong thought.

There were Werewolf doctors around the city but they were all too far away so Handong had decided on the spot to bring Sua to the morgue. Somehow they were able to smuggle the injured girl into the building without getting noticed by the security. Handong still asked herself how they were able to do that. Felix had the genius idea to use the entrance by the morgue where usually only dead bodies would enter. The sound of a door opening pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Is she alive?" Gayheon asked and immediately jumped on her feet.

Jungkook nodded.

"We were able to stop the bleeding. Her heart stopped for a moment but she came back." The blood-covered boy explained.

Handong felt so relieved to hear the good news. She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and held her close.

"Thank god," Felix mumbled. "Can we see her?"

"I think she needs to rest first," Jungkook replied.

Handong still pressed her face to Gahyeon's neck and tried not to cry. She felt so relieved. The fear that had her heart in a tight grip vanished while Gahyeon rubbed her back softly. 

"That could've been Gahyeon." The blonde girl thought and tightened her grip around the other girl.

Felix and Jungkook were talking but Handong could hear it. The only person that existed now was her girlfriend.

"Are you all right?" The Vampire girl whispered. "You are trembeling."

It took a moment for Handong to compose herself. She couldn't stop imagining Felix carrying Gayheon out of the building instead of Sua. Would Handong have made the same decision or would she have been frozen to the spot not able to help her girlfriend?

"Let's talk about it later," Handong mumbled and kissed Gahyeon's cheek before pulling back.

"Sure, sunshine." The Vampire girl replied and caressed Handong's cheek.

For a moment they gazed into each other's eyes. Gahyeon had this soft glow in her eyes which made Handong feel loved. The blonde girl would never want to let go of this feeling. Never would her heart survive if something happened to the Vampire girl.

"I love you," Handong said as tears filled her eyes.

"Oh baby, I love you too." The black-haired girl replied and pressed a quick kiss to Handong's lips.

Gahyeon's pov:

Never had Gahyeon seen the other girl so derailed. Usually, nothing could make Handong show her emotions but now something had changed. The fear the blonde girl's eyes held made Gahyeon worry.

"Where is my  brave girlfriend?" Gahyeon asked herself as she gently brushed her thumb over Handong's cheek.

The blonde girl looked down while clenching her jaw. A clear sign that she suppressed her emotions.

"It's okay to cry," Gahyeon said as she made Handong look at her again. "You don't have to hide yourself from me."

The blonde girl just nodded but avoided eye contact.

"Girls." Felix interrupted them. "I think we should go to the Alpha's mansion."

Handong cleared her throat and took a step back from her girlfriend. They waved Jungkook goodbye and left through the same door they came in. The car was parked around the corner in a side ally where no one should be bothered by it. 

"Do you want me to drive?" Gahyeon asked as Handong pulled out the car key from her pocket.

"I think I can manage." The other girl simply replied and got in the car.

Felix also climbed in so Gahyeon had no other choice but to do the same. As soon as she opened the passenger door she was greeted by the strong smell of Sua's blood. It covered parts of the back seat, and an iron taste filled the car. It was a little unpleasant for Gahyeon but she still sat down and closed the door. The familiar thirst scratched her throat and she forced herself to stay calm. Gahyeon closed her eyes and clenched both of her fists while Handong started the engine. Soon after they were on the way to the Alpha's mansion.

"God, this fucking smell drives me insane." The Vampire girl thought as the rain started to hit the windshield of the car.

Suddenly she felt Handong's warm hand wrapping around her fist.

"Just hold on for a few more minutes." The blonde girl whispered.

Gahyeon intertwined their fingers and took a few deep breaths. The rest of the car ride was silent.

Y/n's pov:

You woke up from a strange dream. It was a product of your fever so you forced your mind to forget it while you tried not to choke from the coughing fit that made your lungs burn.

"I hate to be sick." You thought as the image of your dream slowly faded away.

You got up from the couch and looked outside the window. Rain poured down and put a veil on everything. It was already late and you started to worry about your friends. 

"What if they got captured? It would all be my fault." You thought as tears filled your eyes.

You couldn't lose more people. Dami was already enough and you missed her more with every minute that passed. Your heart threatened to burst under the pain. Suddenly a car pulled up in the gateway and a little bit of weight was lifted off your chest. You smiled but as soon as your friends stepped out of the car you knew something was not right.

"Where is Sua?" You whispered and your heart sunk to your knees.

As fast as your sick ass could run you sprinted to the entrance hall just to almost throw up on the marble floor. The front door opened and your friends stepped in. All of them had blood on their clothes and you knew something bad happened.

"Where is she?" You asked out of breath.

"She is injured but she's alive," Felix replied as his head hung down. "I failed to protect her."

Without a word, you walked over to your cousin and hugged him tightly. Hesitantly he wrapped his arms around you and started to cry on your shoulder while you whispered comforting words into his ear.

"Siyeon saved her life," Gahyeon said as she came closer.

You couldn't hold your tears back any longer. Your best friend was injured and all because of you. 

"She just wanted to help. She doesn't deserve this." You thought and pulled your cousin closer as hot tears streamed down your face. 

After all of you got it together again you sat down in the living room. Gahyeon told you everything that happened while you held Felix's hand. He had trouble holding his tears back. On the couch table, stood one of the glass jars the others had stolen from the Skugga's hideout.

"I'm so sorry that you all had to go through this." You mumbled and were not able to look at your friends.

"You don't have to be. We decided to help." Gahyeon replied.

You nodded as a single tear rolled down your face.

"So Sua is still at the morgue?" You wanted to know.

"She lost a lot of blood and needs to rest," Handong replied.

Her hand rested on Gahyeon's thigh to comfort the Vampire girl a little. You were happy that Handong was finally able to show her affection for the other girl but at the same time, you got reminded of Dami and how she would place her hand on your leg while you sat next to each other.

"I still have a few questions." You pointed out. "How did you find this? You said it was well hidden with a trap door."

"Felix had the idea." Gahyeon pointed out.

All eyes were fixed on him as he looked up. 

"I think you wouldn't believe me." He mumbled as he avoided eye contact.

"You can tell us." You assured him but he just shook his head so you decided not to push him to talk.

"Okay, and there was nothing else you found? No hint about the HQ of these bastards?" You started to feel the panic again.

Your chest filled with fear. You know they could torture your wife with every passing moment. You imagined the pain she had to endure and your eyes filled with tears again.

"No. I'm sorry, Y/n." Gahyeon apologized.

You took a deep breath and nodded. The room got quiet and you couldn't stand it. Your wife's absence dragged on your mental health and you could feel yourself lose confidence to see her again.

"I think you should all go home and rest. You had a hard day." The Alpha's voice interrupted the silence.

Handong stood up and held out her hand for Gahyeon. The black-haired girl gave you an apologetic look before she grabbed the hand of her girlfriend. The couple left the room.

"You too Y/n." The Alpha said.

"I can't." You replied as the mental breakdown took over your entire system.

You broke down on the spot. The loud sobs from you filled the room while your body was shaking uncontrollably. You wished that Dami could hold you like she always did when you felt insecure. Her arms would wrap around your miserable form to give you a little comfort while her voice broke through the negative thoughts in your head.

The Alpha's pov:

Never had he seen his granddaughter at such a low point. Felix didn't know what to do so he just let his hand rub Y/n's back while the girl was crying her heart out.

"I miss her so much. I want her back." Y/n screamed.

The pain was audible in her voice and it reminded the Alpha of how he felt when his wife died.

"We will save her," Felix assured her but his voice sounded shaky so Y/n was not convinced.

The Alpha walked over to his two grandchildren and pulled them both in a hug.

"I know that you both got through a lot these past days and there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. All we can do now is continue. We have to keep going."

"How can I go on and put my friends and family in danger?" Y/n sniffed on his shoulder. "Sua is already badly injured and all because of me. I can't let them help me for longer."

"But you need them. How can you do this all alone while you are still sick?" Felix asked.

Y/n slowly pulled back and brushed away the snot that was dripping out of her nose.

"I met Dami in my dreams. She told me a few things to help me find her. All I need to do is to find this abandoned cathedral." Y/n mumbled while she pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket.

She handed it to the Alpha and he read it.

"You know this is a shot to the blue?" The Alpha pointed out.

"But I have to try," Y/n replied. "Can I use your library?"

"Of course, but what will you do once you find the place? Storm it alone?" The Alpha asked.

"I have a plan." Y/n's voice suddenly sounded so confident that the Alpha was convinced.

"I will help you do the research." Felix offered.

Y/n nodded.

"Good, then I will try to find out more about this." The Alpha replied and pointed to the glass jars on the couch table.

"If the time comes I want you to trust me. You will have to let me go." Y/n said.

"I know you will do anything to save your wife. There is nothing that will stop you." The Alpha brushed through her hair and couldn't unsee the confident glow in his granddaughter's eyes.

She stood up to leave the room and Felix followed her.

"You have changed so much in the past months and I'm so proud of you." The Alpha thought as the door closed behind his grandchildren.

Y/n's plan would probably be dangerous and it was a mystery what the girl had planned but the Alpha trusted her. He would let her do it. For him, there was another mystery to solve as she grabbed the backpack with the mist-filled jars and carried them to his office.

"One step closer to bringing these trapped souls some peace." He mumbled.

Meanwhile:

Jungkook's pov:

Siyeon hasn't moved since Sua had fallen into a coma. Her hand was continuously brushing through her girlfriend's hair while tears streamed down her face. Jungkook had washed away the dried blood from Sua's body and disinfected her wound while Siyeon seemed to be in a trance.

"Siyeon?" Jungkook said softly as he reached out to touch his boss's shoulder.

The blonde girl flinched a little but she didn't stop moving her fingers through Sua's hair.

"We should move her to your office. We can't risk getting caught." The assistant said.

Siyeon nodded.

"Her wound should have already started to close." The doctor agreed as she stood up.

"I check if the coast is clear," Jungkook mumbled and walked over to the two-winged door.

He opened it a little and peeked his head through. The hallway was empty. A good time to move the injured girl.

"God, she is so pale." Siyeon pointed out when Jungkook joined her side.

"She will survive," Jungkook replied.

The two coroners lifted Sua's body and placed her on a stretcher. Together they carried the injured girl to Siyeon's office and placed her on the couch. Siyeon immediately checked the wound on Sua's side but everything seemed to be fine.

"I will go and clean the table," Jungkook mumbled and stepped out of the room into the long hallway.

"Fuck. I never saw her like this. It must be hard for her to see Sua so fragile." Jungkook thought as the neon lights illuminated his path to the morgue. 

He was so occupied by his thoughts that he didn't notice the person that was standing next to the table where just a few minutes ago Sua laid on.

"Can you explain this to me?" The man's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "Why do you carry an unconscious woman to Doctor Lee's office?"

"Jimin?!" Jungkook looked up in surprise just to meet his boyfriend's suspicious look.

The other boy replied nothing. He just crossed his arms in front of his chest and raised an eyebrow while his face had this demanding expression.

"We-it-well." Jungkook stumbled over his words.

He knew he had to lie to his fiance but Jimin wouldn't believe him this time.

"Just tell me already. I know that you are hiding something from me." Jimin's voice was filled with pain. "Do you sell organs on the black market or what is the reason for you to have an operation in the morgue?"

"It is not what you are thinking." Jungkook was finally able to say something.

"Then what is it?" The detective was clearly upset.

"It's hard to explain." Jungkook started.

"I think I can understand whatever this is." Jimin pointed to the blood-covered table.

Sweat rolled down Jungkook's neck as he thought about a believable lie but this time it seemed that he had no choice but to tell the truth.

"I see how it is," Jimin whispered.

Jungkook could stand the sadness that was written all over his boyfriend's face. The way the detective avoided eye contact was painful.

"If you can't be truthful to me then I can't do this any longer. I know you lie to me for a long time now. I can see it in your eyes." Jimin took off his engagement ring and placed it on the table. I think we should make a break until you tell me the truth. I no longer want to play this guessing game."

He attempted to leave the morgue but Jungkook grabbed his arm.

"I want to tell you about it but it is hard and I think you will no longer love me once you know the truth," Jungkook mumbled. 

"I can't do this. It just hurts me too much. I will get my things from your apartment." The detective replied.

"Please don't leave." Jungkook pleaded and tightened his grip around the other boy's arm.

"Just tell me already. Is it so hard? What do you have to lose? Do you really think I will no longer love you?" Jimin raised his voice. "Do you know how you make me feel? You lie to my face multiple times. How do you think I would react?"

A long pause followed where neither of the boys said anything. Jungkook's grip was still tight but Jimin shrugged him off.

"You lie to me about your family. You lie to me about this." Jimin gestured to the blood-covered table. "And you lied to me when I asked you what you did on your free day. You said you would go to the office to check a few things. You said I shouldn't wait for you because it will take long but guess what? When I wanted to visit you your office was empty. First I thought that you are cheating on me but now I know it has something to do with this fucking operation that happened here."

"Jimin, I will explain everything to you but first I need to think about how to tell you. It's kinda complicated and you will probably think I'm crazy." Jungkook had tears in his eyes.

"All I want is the truth no matter how crazy it sounds," Jimin replied and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

A sign that he was upset and sad.

"He will never believe me." Jungkook thought but after a deep breath, he started to explain everything.

Jimin listened patiently and frowned his brows. It took a while but Jungkook told his boyfriend everything about the Skugga and the Werewolves, about Jin's betrayal, and how he helped when Mr. Lee went missing. After he ended the room turned silent. Only the steady hum of the cooling system of the morgue could be heard.

"Y-you are a W-Werewolf?" Jimin took a step back.

His eyes showed no sign of disbelief about the things Jungkook just said. The coroner just nodded and was sure that Jimin would run away.

"A real Werewolf?" Jimin asked again. 

"Yes, but it is not like on the TV. I have control about when and where I want to turn." Jungkook mumbled and looked at the tiles behind Jimin.

He couldn't look at the other boy because he felt so embarrassed and stupid for not telling Jimin sooner.

"You know your story is a little bit crazy?" The detective asked.

Jimin's pov:

"I told you." Jungkook just replied.

Everything in Jimin's body told him that Jungkook told the truth. He would never doubt his boyfriend's words.

"And if you still want to leave me then it is fine. I know you probably don't want to marry a Werewolf." Jungkook's gaze wandered to the floor and he was taking a few steps back.

He always did that when he was insecure. His fingers played with the rim of his scrubs as he clenched his jaw. The boy was just adorable.

"I'm glad that you entrust me with this." Jimin grabbed his boyfriend's wrists and pulled him closer.

Automatically his arms wrapped around the other boy.

"I will never leave you, baby," Jimin whispered in Jungkook's ear as a smile spread on his face.

Jungkook started to cry. His sniffles filled the room. 

"You still love me?" The Werewolf boy asked. "You still want to get married?"

"Of course yes," Jimin replied and pulled back. "You have to tell me more about the Werewolves."

Jungkook nodded before he kissed the other boy. His kisses were tender as always. Jimin had to admit he was surprised at first but he was just curious. There was a whole new world out there and Jungkook will help him understand all about it.

Siyeon's pov:

Sua's fingers were cold so Siyeon tried to warm them up by rubbing them between her hands. She had covered the unconscious girl with a soft blanket and was now guarding her. There was no way she would leave Sua's side until the smaller girl woke up. 

"Rest my love," Siyeon mumbled and kissed the fingertips of her girlfriend as silent tears rolled down her face.

She sat on the ground next to the couch and used her free hand to caress Sua's pale face. The wound was already starting to close and it was just a matter of time for Sua to wake up but for Siyeon it felt like time didn't want to pass. With every breath Sua took Siyeon feared that it could be her last one.

"My poor baby." Siyeon thought about the pain her girlfriend must be in but luckily she was asleep and couldn't feel anything.

Siyeon was watching Sua's chest moving slowly. The steady up and down lulled her to a light slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 568 26
Yoohyeon has a dream the way she wants her teacher to look. They are getting a new teacher since the last one quit. The thing is the teacher is actua...
2.4K 136 21
Yoohyeon only wanted 3 things in life: power, money, and love. She had no idea what would happen when she decided to act on her thoughts. ~ Y/N was a...
20.2K 1K 24
Siyeon is a new student at her school. She accidentally bumps into a girl in the hallway. That girl just happened to be Kim Bora a.k.a the stuck up...
219K 11.8K 45
AU where Yoongi, a vampire, falls in love with a human, Park Jimin, who just so happens to be terrified of vampires. (Angst warning) THIS BOOK IS FI...