The protectors of Kanezaka (K...

By Pie78904

For most of Y/N's life bad luck has been surrounding his life. Everywhere he went misfortune would always fol... More

Arriving in Kanezaka
Do you believe in spirits?
Training Time!
Yōkai
The First Mission.
A Celebration of victory and the Tengu
Lemon Chapter 18+ (April Fools)
The Wrath of the Onryo
Let's sink a yacht!
The Goddess of Love
A Confession between a Fox and a Crow
Defend the Shrine!
An Old friend
Heir to a Kingdom
Finding Peace
The Fall of the Hashimoto Clan.
Peace returns to Kanezaka
Thank you, Behind the scenes and a QNA
A New Opportunity
Questwatch
New Agents of Overwatch
Escort the Payload
A Bank heist filled with Explosions
Family Reunion
The Cursed Man and the Witch
The Invasion of Ilios
The First of Talon's Elites
A Funtime in Busan
An Old Battlefield
The River Spirit
Gladiators of the Colosseum
Question
Another Lemon Chapter 18+
The Imposter

The Idea of Family

2.6K 43 7
By Pie78904

Outside of Gozen Ramen

Y/N's POV

After our celebration party,all of us stepped outside of the restaurant. Saying goodbye to each other.

Nobuto really did redeem himself,after having us stay up all night just to get his part.

Both Kiriko and I began to walk back to the apartment. I looked at the sky and noticed how the sun was setting down.

Most of the local businesses began to close their door down,waiting for the next day.

Kiriko:So,Y/N i have a question? Do you wanna go on a night patrol together?

Y/N:Night Patrol? You mean like walk around Kanezaka at night?

Kiriko:Exactly! We're gonna patrol the town,find some trouble,kick some Hashimoto's in the face! Then probably go to sleep.

Y/N:I think I'll pass on this one

Kiriko:Awww,too scared to fight some of low ranking grunts.

Y/N:No!

Kiriko:Nervous,that i might be able beat up more Hashimoto clan members then you?

Y/N:No,not at all!

Kiriko:I bet that i can beat more Hashimoto goons than you tonight!

Y/N:You're on!

I then realized that i agreed to her night patrol. Kiriko had a smug smile on her face. As i look down disappointed in myself.

Kiriko:No backsies!

I sighed in defeat,then looked at Kiriko.

Y/N:What time are we starting the patrol then?

Kiriko:In a couple of minutes! Once the sun has fully settled.

Y/N:Alright then. I guess I'll get my outfit ready.

We walked inside of the apartment,and went to our floor. I reached my door knob,as Kiriko was about to say something.

Kiriko:By the way we're going to meet up in my apartment. My door will be unlocked alright.

I nodded and walked into my apartment. I was nervous for this night patrol. Especially after our encounter with that Hashimoto elite member.

Who knows if the Hashimoto is going to try to look for us,especially if they hear about our night patrol from some random goon.

I put on my outfit and walked out of my apartment. I then walked inside of Kiriko's apartment.

As i walked inside i realized that the apartment was empty. So i decided to announce myself.

Y/N:Kiriko,im here!

I then heard her voice,coming from another room! It was coming from her bedroom.

Kiriko:I'll be out in just a second!

I sat down on the couch,as this was my first time inside of her apartment. I rested my Kusarigama's on a table,as i waited for to come out.

Then a knock on the door would be heard. This confused me as i wondered who could be knocking at this time?

Could it be one of our friends? Wait they don't even know we live here. Maybe it could be Mr.Yoshida and Akari just wanting to say to hi to Kiriko. Or maybe it could be a Hashimoto clan member coming to attack us. Then a voice came from the other side.

???:Kiriko...It's me

The voice it sounded like a woman's voice. A more mature woman's voice.

???:She's probably not there. I guess it's time for another surprise visit for her then.

I watched as the door itself would open and on the other side was a woman,that i haven't seen before.

She had brown hair,a white long sleeved shirt,and black pants. As soon as the woman walked into the room she immediately noticed me on the couch.

She then rushed over to a kitchen counter and grabbed a knife then pointed it at me.

Middle aged woman:Who are you!? What did you do to my daughter!? I thought i had told your masters,that i would give up on swordfighting if you promised to not hurt Toshiro while he was in your captivity. You even promised to not go after our daughter as well!

Y/N:Wait wait hold on! There is  some sort of misunderstanding here! I don't have any masters!

Middle aged woman:Bullshit! You Hashimoto's are all the same!

Y/N:W-wait hold on lady! I'm not a Hashimoto!

Middle aged woman:I won't fall to your lies anymore! What did your masters do to my husband? Answer me!

She continued to point that sharp knife at my throat. I don't know what she's talking about or who she is. All i know is that the Hashimoto did something to her family. And she thinks that I'm one of them

I grabbed my Kusarigama and threw it at her. I held onto the chain only for her to parry the Kusarigama with the knife.

Middle aged woman:Nice throw,but i can tell that your an amateur with those!

This woman is scary,it's as if she's a master with a blade. Just imagine what she'd do if she had a sword with with her right now.

I watched as my Kusarigama fell to the floor and i used my chain to retract it. Only for her to grab my arm and put in on my back. Restraining me on the ground

Middle aged woman:Now answer me! What did you bastards do to my daughter!?

Y/N:I don't know what you're talking about!?

Then the door to Kiriko's bedroom would open. The both of us put our attention to the door,as Kiriko stepped out.

She was excited for our night patrol together. Only to be surprised to what was in front of her.

Kiriko:Sorry for taking long Y/N I- Mom! What are you doing here?

Y/N:Wait hold on Mom!?

I looked at the woman who was restraining me. She's her mom?

Kiriko's mom:Hi dear,it's good to see that you're okay!

Her voice was in relief,seeing that her daughter was okay.

Kiriko:Mom,can you get off of Y/N please?

Kiriko's mom:You know this person?

Kiriko:Yes he's my friend.

Kiriko's mom:This is awkward.

I felt the restraint from my arm being let go. As she got off of me. I was able to breathe properly.

Both Kiriko and I sat down at the couch,as her mom offered to make the both of us tea.

As she was making tea,Kiriko used one of her ofuda's on my arm to heal it.

Then i leaned close to her ear and whispered to her.

Y/N:You didn't tell me that your mom was coming.

Kiriko:I didn't know either,she just drops by randomly unannounced.

Y/N:Has she done this before?

Kiriko:Yes! She was even here on that day when i first met you.

I soon felt the healing effect of the ofuda wearing off. Healing my arm back to normal.

Kiriko:Is your arm alright? Just be glad that you weren't facing her with a sword.

Y/N:Why,is she some swordmaster?

Kiriko:Yup,one of the best actually.

Y/N:You know,now I'm starting to see why you are talented at fighting now.

Kiriko:She did train me. But i prefer Kunais more.

Kiriko's mom then approached the table with the tea. Both Kiriko and I stayed slient as she placed the tea down.

Kiriko's mom:I apologize for my behavior earlier. I didn't know that you were a friend of my daughter. I thought you were somebody else.

Y/N:It's fine,sometimes we get mistaken for other people.

Kiriko's mom:Are you sure? I hope i didn't break your arm?

Y/N:Nope,everything is alright!

I chuckled a little bit,I'm just lucky that her daughter has the ability to heal people with her ofuda.

Kiriko's mom:Well since you are a friend of my daughter. Allow me to introduce myself my name is Asa Yamagami!

Yamagami,that last name it sounds familiar? Then i stared at Kiriko and whispered to her.

Y/N:I thought Kamori was your last name?

Kiriko:It's my grandmother's last name. My mom thought it be best if i separated myself from the Yamagami name for a while.

I stared back at Asa,she was probably waiting for me to introduce myself.

Y/N:Well my name is Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet the mother of this amazing young lady.

Kiriko turned to me and gave me a dead look. Then she gave me punch into the shoulder.

Kiriko:Don't embarrass me in front of my mom!

Asa:How did you both meet?

Y/N:In the apar-

Kiriko then covered my mouth with her hand.

Kiriko:At the shrine!

She then pulled my head close so she can whisper in my ear.

Kiriko:Listen,she knows about how i defended Mr.Yoshida and Akari. But she doesn't know about how i saved you or our business in Yōkai.

Y/N:Yeah we definitely met at the shrine!

I had a sarcastic tone in my voice.

Asa:Oh,do you work in the shrine as well alongside Kiriko?

Y/N:I was simply a visitor of the shrine then i met her.

Y/N:Well at first i never believed in those stories. I always thought that the supernatural seemed a little bit taboo to me. Well until i moved here.

Asa:Ah you aren't from around here then

Y/N:No i barely moved here a month ago from Kyoto. I guess the best way i can tell you about myself was that i was a lost soul and learning about the fox spirit brought hope to me. Maybe one day i can be saved also. Which is why i chose to work at the shrine.

I stared at Kiriko. What i told Asa was somewhat true. Before coming here to Kanezaka i felt like a nobody who had no purpose. Heck the only reason why I'm here in the first place was because one day i checked my mailbox and got a post card about the town. Telling me that i should come over here.

However meeting Kiriko,did bring me a piece of joy. It brought me hope that someone like me can do good for once in their miserable life.

Kiriko:It took some time to convince this goofball on anything. I even had to tell him about some of Grandma's teachings. But he finally budged in.

Asa nodded her head as she took a sip of her tea. She then noticed my outfit and immediately had a confused look on her face.

Asa:So Y/N,what's with the outfit?

I look down i forgot that i was wearing my Yōkai outfit. It make sense for why Kiriko is wearing her Shrine Maiden attire. Because she works there from time to time. But me i look like some guy in a convention!

Y/N:I was in a convention that wad in....

Kiriko then whispered in my ear.

Kiriko:Hanamura.

Y/N:Hanamura!

Asa:I remember going to Hanamura,how i miss those days.

Asa then gave Kiriko and I dead look. It was as if she finally caught onto our lie.

Asa:Kiriko,i know you've been lying to me.

Kiriko:Come on mom,what makes you think that i would lie to you.

Asa:Kiriko,you know that i don't like it when you lie to me.

Kiriko sighed as she knew the gig was up.

Kiriko:How did you know?

Asa:I have my good eye to those who are lying. Also your friend has been twiddling his fingers.

I look down at my hands and notice that i am twiddling my fingers.

Kiriko:Alright,mom I'm sorry that i lied. Especially when it came to meeting Y/N.

Asa:Thank you Kiriko. Now i came here for a reason.

Asa took something out from her pocket. It was a photograph of a graffiti artwork on a wall.

I noticed that artwork,because the logo for our group Yōkai. I looked at Kiriko and noticed that she had a shocked expression as well.

Asa:I heard rumors and seen the news report of a vigilante group that calls themselves Yōkai. A group of people who are fighting the Hashimoto during the night. I knew that it had your name written all over it.

Kiriko:Well..Mom,the truth is.

Asa:Kiriko,i already know the truth. As both a civilian and swordmaster myself. I'm proud that you are using your good heart and the skills that I've taught you for good. But as a mother you worry me. How one day you can make a mistake and end up getting hurt or worse. You know how i was when i saw that scratch.

Kiriko:I know mom and i appreciate it that you care about me.

Asa then paid hee attention on to me. I continued to twidle my fingers around as i was nervous.

Asa:What about you Y/N are you apart of this vigilante business as well?

She was staring into my soul,like a hawk. I feel bad for attempting to lie to her. But she managed to figure us out.

Y/N:Yes,i am. I wish to apologize for lying to you. It was mainly Kiriko who told me to.

Kiriko:Hey!

Asa:That explains the outfit and the Kisarigamas. Which no offense but you are mediocre.

Y/N:I am aware of how horrible my  skills are.

Asa:If you'd like i can train you to be a better warrior.

Kiriko:Back off Mom,he's my pupil! I trained him how to fight first!

Asa would giggle,as Kiriko put her arm in front of me.

Asa:You two remind me of me and your father when we were younger. I used to be very defensive over him.

Both Kiriko and I looked at each other because of Asa's comment.

Kiriko:Mom,it's not like that!

Kiriko's face immediately turned red,because of how embarassed she was.

But then Asa's face turned serious for a minute. As if she thought about something.

Asa:Back to topic. I'm worried about what the Hashimoto will do if they find out that your my daughter.

Asa then looked down and whispered something.

Asa:Who knows what they'll do to Toshiro.

Kiriko:Mom,you don't have anything to worry about. Just the other day both Y/N and I took down a Hashimoto elite.

Asa's serious face then became one of shock. As she realized what we did.

Asa:You what!

Kiriko:Yeah! He came after us then both Y/N and I taught him a lesson.

Asa then began to panic,due to her concerns.

Asa:Kiriko,do you know what'll happen next!? Now that the two of you have taken out a member of the Hashimoto elite, they'll continue to go after you no matter what!

Kiriko:I know and it's a risk that we chose to take that day. I'll sacrifice my own life if i have to. That's the risk that I'm willing to take mom.

Asa then gave me a look.

Asa:Y/N,is it okay if i can talk to you in private?

I nodded and stood up from the couch. We both left Kiriko's apartment and went out to the hallway.

Asa:Are you good with promises?

Y/N:Not that much.

Asa:Well,i feel like i can trust you with this promise.

Y/N:What is it?

Asa:Promise me that you'll look over her.

Y/N:I don't think i can fullfill such a promise. Because most of the time it's her looking after me.

I laughed a little bit and Asa smiled from my little joke. But i know that she's serious. In the end of the day she's her mom.

Asa then opended up the door to the apartment room a little bit. She peaked inside and looked at Kiriko who was sitting on a couch and waiting for us.

Asa:She's somewhat of a troublesome girl,but her heart is always in the right place.

Y/N:I know it must be hard.

Asa:It is. She takes after her grandmother those stories she told her really inspired her. Especially when it came to the fox spirit. Stories i used to never find worth listening to.

Y/N:I know how that feels. Before i met Kiriko,i always heard about the idea of misfortune and how they can effect a person. I thought it was all pretty stupid,of course until i met your daughter. What i told you before,was true when it came to how she changed my views on the world

Asa began to have tears in her eyes.

Y/N:Are you crying, Yamagami-san?

Asa:Please just call me Asa,Y/N.

Y/N:Alright,Asa.

Asa:Please take care of her Y/N. Be there for her when I'm unable to.

Y/N:I promise. Besides i owe her a debt anyways for helping me open my life up. This is probably the best way to repay it.

Asa:Thank you Y/N.

She opened the door and we both walked in. Kiriko looked up. Asa soon announced that she was ready to leave.

Kiriko immediately walked up to her mom and hugged her.

Asa:It was nice seeing you again Kiriko and it was nice meeting you Y/N.

We both waved Asa goodbye as she left Kiriko's apartment. I walked over to Kiriko's wall and looked at some pictures on it.

They were photos of her in her youth and her with her mom and grandmother.

My face went down a little bit,upon seeing these photos. I never knew what it meant to have a family like this.

Is this the idea of family? I thought to myself. I then felt a hand on mh shoulder.

Kiriko:What's wrong? You've been looking at those old photos for a couple of minutes.

Y/N:I'm a little bit envious of you.

Kiriko:How come? Is it because of how much better i am at everything than you?

Kiriko's smug look then changed to one of concern. As she knew i was serious. Then she looked at the photos on the wall and got an idea.

Kiriko:Is it family related?

I nodded slowly.

Kiriko:What was your family like?

Y/N:My mother i cherished her with my life. She tried to raise me to her best until the accident.

Kiriko:Accident?

Y/N:When i was five,i got into a car accident with my mom. I survived but she didn't.

Kiriko:I'm sorry about your loss,Y/N. I'm sure she was a great woman.

Y/N:Thank you,she was.

Kiriko:What about your dad?

Y/N:Never met him. Only had a stepdad once my mom died i was practically the black sheep when it came to his two other kids. He even blamed me for her death and was the first person to call me bad luck. He even kicked me out of the house once i was 18

Kiriko:Atleast you don't have to deal with him anymore.

Y/N:Yup,but when i saw you and your mom's relationship. It made me feel something. The feeling of family something that i never had.

Kiriko:Hey,family is always important. Besides you do have a family.

Y/N:Where?

Kiriko:In Yōkai duh! We're all friends in the group. But in the end we're a family of ass kicking vigilantes.

It did cheer me up with how Kiriko said that the group was another family to me.

Y/N:Hey Kiriko,thank you. It did make me feel better.

Kiriko:Of course,you're my best friend! Besides just like everyone else in Kanezaka you are under my protection.

I took out my Kisarigama's and wrapped them around my arms.

Y/N:Then let's go out and kick some Hashimoto ass!

Kiriko:Now you are speaking my language!

Both Kiriko and I left the apartment,to go begin our Night Patrol.

Timeskip,the next day

An Alleyway.

Chikako's POV

My car would stop by,a couple of minutes ago. I got a call from Keisuke he found something interesting.

I stepped out of my car and other Hashimoto clan members were standing guard.

I approached the guards who were blocking the alleyway.

Hashimoto clan member:Miss Chikako,welcome Keisuke has been waiting for you to look at this.

The guard got out of the way and i walked inside of the alleyway. Keisuke a fellow member of the Hashimoto elite was standing in front of something.

Chikako:Keisuke,what's so important that you interrupted my off time!

Keisuke:Well Chikako,one of my grunts found something.

Another member of the elite named Venus walked inside of alleyway. He had that stupid look he always makes with his babyface look.

Venus:Keisuke,i got my men to look around the area but they can't find the preparator or any clues.

Chikako:What's going on Venus?

Venus scratched his neck,as i was wondering what was going on.

Venus:It's better if you see for yourself. Keisuke stand aside.

Keisuke stepped out of the way and i saw what was behind him. It was Takeshi's unconnected body.

Chikako:Takeshi.

Venus:Indeed.

Keisuke:My boys found him a couple of minutes back.

Chikako:That damn fool. He shouldn't have rushed in and fought the enemy alone or without any knowledge!

Venus:That's not the worst part.

Chikako:What do you mean?

Keisuke:Feel his spiritual energy.

I approached his body,i felt a pulse but not his spiritual energy.

Chikako:His spiritual energy it's gone!

Keisuke:Indeed his Tengu spirit must've abandoned him.

Venus:The boss is going to be mad once he finds out that some vigilantes took out a member of the elite.

I noticed something on the floor,they were Kunais. I picked them up and inspected them.

Venus:What did you find Chikako?

Chikako:Kunais. Seems like one of these Yōkai people use Kunais as their weapons. Whoever it is a fool to leave their weapons behind.

Venus:That means.

Chikako:Yes we might be able to track one of them down. Seems like Takeshi's stupdity helped us out for once.

Venus:I just want this crap to be over. Because we have to worry about a group of nobodies and we still have to search for the Boss's heir.

Keisuke:Can i go after them Chikako. I've been waiting to use my Gashadokuro for so long.

Chikako:No Keisuke. It seems like a job for Moriko.

Venus:Not Moriko She creeps me out!

I turned around and saw a girl with a mask who had long hair behind venus. She then tapped on Venus shoulder.

Venus:Oh shi- I mean hi Moriko.

Chikako:Moriko,do you think that you can analyze this Kunai and find one of the Yōkai members.

I handed Moriko the Kunai and she analyzed the Kunai. She then spinned her head around and attached herself to a wall and began to climb to the roof.

Chikako:She'll find our person.

Venus:She creeps me out. The fact that she's technically a living corpse

Keisuke:There's a reason why she's refered to as the Onryo.

To be continued

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter,sorry that it was shorter then the rest of the chapters.

So looks like we finally got to meet Kiriko's mom this chapter. Also we got explore a little bit into Y/N's past.

One day more of Y/N's past will continue to be unearthed. But for now that's all we have.

Next chapter will be a battle against another member of the Hashimoto elite.

Which to make up for the shortness of this chapter. I'll be seeing you in

The Wrath of the Onryo...

Which is out right now also...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 35 16
I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 16! SO DON'T JUDGE THE SHITTY WRITING! Y/N moves from America to Japan due to her dad's job. She moves from one place to...
2.6K 75 14
I will be taking requests from anyone to write one-shots for the Overwatch Ship Tokkitsune (Kiriko x D.Va) Please leave your requests in the comments...
25.1K 776 18
Raised in a warm environment to two heroes, (Y/N) flourished amidst the warm cocoon of their love. The path to becoming a hero seemed like a natural...
18.1K 320 16
Y/n L/n is Kiyoko's best friend. When Y/n got the news that her family was moving to Miyagi for her parents' new jobs. She is excited to see her best...