Family Secrets Part 2

By Bad4Lov

This is book 2 from "Family Secrets" we continue to follow Karen through her journey of healing after the maj... More

Heart-to-heart
Cracked open
Miss You
Keep moving forward
Growing Pains
Have you noticed?
I was you P1
What happened?
Read the room
They didn't P1.
They Didn't P2
They Didn't P3
They Didn't P4
We didn't know
She's here fightin'
I'm Sorry P1
I'm Sorry P2
The Surprise P1
The Surprise P2
The Surprise P3
Return to the roots
My Babies
Love-to-Love
You're being difficult
I'm Sorry P3
Back to Work
Opening Up
A blasts from the past
You Can't Be Serious
Shopping Spree
Artsy
Stay Ready
Stay ready P2
Why?!
Am I?
By a Thread
Everything's falling apart
Fix it Jesus
Give It To The Lord
Lord, Give Me A Praying Spirit
A Secret Place
Jesus Heals
We're trying
Its not fair
Jesus will work it out
Work Flow P1
Work Flow P2
Things are getting better?
The truth revealed P1.
The Truth Revealed P2
Already lookin' better?!
What's wrong?
Is it my fault?
Things are good
Things are good P2
Are you alright?
Is it a dream??
To be or not to be?
We're getting closer
Then there was three
Somethings are better left unsaid?
The night before
The Court Case P1
The Court Case P2
Court Case Day 2: P3
Court Case Day 3: P4
Court case Day 4: P5
Court Case Day 4 continued
Court Case Day 5: P5
The verdict
The beating
Being vulnerable
Is it over?
Making amends
Karinda
Living
Love Life
Jailbirds...
Who did it?
Trying to get there P1
Trying to get there P2
Witnessing
Help
There's a shift in the atmosphere
Dreaming Of You...
Dreams are gone??
Hurt feelings
Hurt feelings P2
Hurt Feelings P3
Hurt feelings P4
Hurt Feelings P5
Hurt Feelings P6
Are you for real?!
Forgive and move on
What are we gonna do?
We're working on it
Welcome home
Whats going on?
Goodbye High School
Who?!

I was You P2

223 18 15
By Bad4Lov

Notes: Karen and Nikki go to Dr.Womack's session alone to work somethings out.

Side note: This is a continuation of the last chapter. But this one really talks about the request that unidentifieduser3  asked for. ♥️

TRIGGER WARNING: Talks about bullying and sexual assault.

It was the next and Karen was preparing for Drew to take both her and Nikki to go see Dr.Womack. Now at first Karen didn't tell her daughter where they were going but she did say it would be just the two of them and afterwards they would have their little talks like they normally would. The reason for not telling Nikki that they were going today a little bit earlier than there usual set time frame was that Karen was worried about her. And she didn't want the matter to wait any longer especially since she was crying so hard that it made Karen cry.

So, now here they were inside of the car going to the clinic to have a talk with Dr.Womack being present because Karen knew that she couldn't do it by herself and that professional help needed to be involved in this type of situation.

Once Drew was there he had let them out of the car and waited to leave until they were inside of the building. Of course at first, Nikki was annoyed that she was here unannounced but Karen was hinting to her where they were going so they weren't that surprised.

But while they walking into together, Dr.Womack had received a phone call from Nikki's counselor who had received a few pieces of her art work from her art teacher and she was really concerned about Nikki because she was a good student and never caused any type of trouble.

And she just automatically assumed that her home life was doing okay because of her family background. But in most recent months she had learned that Nikki's real mother have come back home and it was an adjustment to be had and she watched the awards show and everything. So she didn't really think anything was going on until she started paying more attention to the patterns in Nikki's work and like a good art teacher would do she was concerned and so she passed them onto her counselor.

So, the counselor had called, Dr.Womack who was on file just for any health reasons concerning the students mental state for the ones that did go to her.

And she had notified, Dr.Womack about the art work that she had received.

"Oh she have?!" Dr.Womack asked, Nikki's art teacher sounding all shocked.

"I'm afraid so and I can only do so much without getting higher autorities involved and I don't want to send a wellness check on her or anything just yet so, I was hoping that you could actually talk to her because even though these art pieces are very good it's also very telling for a lack of a better word." Her counselor told her. "And I followed all of the HIPPA guidelines and everything and I don't want to have to take that extra step." Her counselor said to Dr.Womack and Dr.Womack just nodded her head over the phone agreeing with her

When they finally walked into together, Dr.Womack knew what needed to be done.

After they had gotten settled in and done the initial greeting and beginning now it was time to talk which made Karen super nervous.

"Do you feel like you could talk to me?" Karen asked her daughter after, Dr.Womack had done started her off and gave the floor to Karen and that was kinda a hard question to answer and so, Nikki just shrugged her shoulders.

"Sometimes." Nikki said not knowing how else to say it. It wasn't that she felt that she couldn't talk to her mother but she just felt like like she didn't want to worry her.

"Nikki." Karen said in this kinda emotional voice as she nervously gulped already trying to fight back tears.

It wasn't that Nikki's comment had hurt her feelings no she wasn't hurt by that at all. But it was the fact that she knew exactly how her daughter felt and she was just getting nervous by the minute thinking that the worst of the worst happened to her.

"Well is-is there something that you need to tell me because you know you can always talk to me right there's nothing that's not important to me?" Karen told her and so, that kinda made Nikki feel better but now all her problem was that she was nervous as well to say anything because she didn't wanna hurt her mama's feelings.

"Nikki." Karen said blanking back her tears again about to give her mama a whole entire heart attack because Karen's heart was just breaking for her daughter.

"Did-did someone touch you?!" Karen quietly but painfully asked her and Karen was trying her best not to freak out but her chest was already heaving because Nikki's silence wasn't making it better. Because Karen was about to break out into tears as she was trying to hold herself together.

And here, Nikki was just thinking about that thing that happened with her and that boy.

"Well...." Nikki started to say still unsure of the whole entire situation because it all happened so fast but all she knew was she thought it wasn't that serious so she never said anything about it.

"It didn't happen like you're thinking about." Nikki slowly said trying to use her words carefully but then the tears that Karen was trying to fight back just started falling and Dr.Womack just handed Karen the tissue box.

"I mean it wasn't that serious." Nikki finally said shaking the whole thing and Karen just had to take a gasp because she was so surprised. "What do you mean?!" Karen said finally pulling herself together. But Nikki just shrugged her shoulders. "Nikki." Karen said again fightin' through her tears and so, Dr.Womack had to step and talk to her.

"Nikki I need for you to tell me what exactly happened if you can." Dr.Womack told her and so, Nikki was just nervously biting her lip while Karen was over there crying.

"Well it happened a while ago so, I didn't think it mattered I mean I don't think anything happened." Nikki said and Karen was just shaking her head in the tissue because she realized that was probably how she sounded when she was programmed.

"Nikki no matter what it is if it wasn't consensual it's assault." Dr.Womack told her.

"I mean it was just the regular bullying like they normally do." Nikki said shrugging her shoulders and Karen looked at her daughter in shocked with her red eyes because she didn't know that she was getting bullied still even though she had changed schools and Karen thought she was about to have a heart attack.

"But I mean it was a little bit different that time." Nikki said just tilting her head still thinking about it and taking her time with getting there.

"I mean it was just the same group of people and then this one boy who I kindaaa had a crush on found out that I had a crush on him and it just got even worse and then one day he just picked me up and locked me in the closet with him on the outside of the school." Nikki told them and Dr.Womack's eyes widened. "Did this happen in front of a group of students?" Dr.Womack asked her and Nikki just nodded her head yes "but it wasn't that many of them." Nikki said already trying to defend them and Karen lifted up her head from crying in the napkin and she ain't know what to do.

All Karen knew was that now she had to face Greg in court for both herself and to show her daughter that they could speak against them. But Dr.Womack had continued talking to Nikki. "And no one saw anything?!" Dr.Womack said getting mad but she had to remind herself to calm down before she called that school to cuss them out her own self so Karen wouldn't have to do it and Nikki just shook her head no.

"This is just unacceptable." Karen said referring to the school. "Somebody had to see something." Karen said getting already wanting to leave to go too the school but she knew that her and Nikki had more to discuss and so, they did.

After they was done with that conversation, Nikki just went ahead and finally told her mother that she was feeling a little bit left behind in somethings or forgotten about. She didn't know what the correct word was to use so she tried her best without getting emotional.

But Karen most definitely understood her daughter and so, they just came up with a plan that would allow them to have more time with each other. But Karen also knew that she was gonna have to start setting boundaries up around their time when it would come to Faith. Since Faith had grown used to taking away some of her time with Karen because that's what made Nikki really upset and so to not cause a scene Nikki just took herself out of the equation as soon as she would see her little sister coming around or she would just immediately stop talking to her mother because she knew what time it was.

But that wasn't to say that Nikki was afraid of her little sister. No, she wasn't afraid of Faith. She just didn't want to give her mama a hard time anymore while she was pregnant especially since they knew that the twins still weren't doing that good even though Karen had been clean for a few months now since she had went to rehab. But if Nikki wanted to and she didn't care about turning over a new leaf she been would've put Faith in her place because the only thing that was saving her little sister right now was the twins if she was being honest with herself.

So, throughout all of this session it was nothing but communication that was opening up between the two again and things were getting back to normal like they were supposed too.

After they had left the clinic, Karen had just told, Drew without hesitation to take Nikki to the hospital. "Mommm." Nikki whined. "I don't need to go it's probably nothing." Nikki said shrugging her shoulders. But Karen was shaking her head no. "No we goin' and that's it!" Karen firmly said to her daughter as she was getting inside of the car. And, Drew didn't even put himself in the conversation because he didn't even know what happened. And the whole entire car ride there to the hospital was silent until Karen walked herself in there as fast as she could with being pregnant while Nikki was trailing in behind her with Drew looking as lost as he could be. But he knew something serious had to have happened with how Karen was acting.

"DREWWW HURRY UPPP!" Karen hollered at her husband and Drew just picked up his speed because he had all the information and credit cards they used for the hospital bills and what not since that half of it was in his name and she was just on his plan like the girls were.

Finally, Drew had met Karen at the front desk taking what she had needed from him and so she had signed Nikki in sitting down and Nikki was just as mad as could be. "You're over reacting." Nikki mumbled to herself not even wanting to do this. "Nikki you don't know what they could have and I don't care if nothing that serious happened it's still serious enough!" Karen firmly but lightly hollered at her daughter.

"I'm just getting you the help that I didn't get but I wish I had." Karen told her.

"I don't know what all happened while I was away or while you're at school especially at that new one that we thought was good for you but baby you gotta tell me these things earlier okay?!" Karen told her. "Even if it's hard to talk about tell me anyhow write it down if you have too." Karen told her daughter trying to fight back the tears again.

"And I don't care about what nobody says either if they threaten you, you betta tell me anyhow!" Karen told her while nodding her head making her daughter look at her.

"I don't want you having to go through life facing the same things that I had to face and I'm trying to prevent that from happening." Karen told her getting emotional again and Nikki just nodding her head yes understanding her mother and giving her mama a hug.

But by the time they finished hugging the nurses had called, Nikki to the back.

But before, Nikki could even walk any further she looked behind her to make sure that her mama was still coming with her even though she was pass the age of 16 which was where the teens got to decide if they wanted there parents in the rooms with them or not. But knowing how clingy Nikki is with her mama and with everything that was going on she still wanted her mama there with her. And, Nikki was glad that she didn't even have to say anything because as soon as she turned around she already saw that her mama was following her she was just taking her time now that she was in the hospital. So, they went to the back for the testing.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

What did y'all think about Karen immediately going to the emergency session even though Nikki was kind of mad about it?

What did y'all think about Nikki's art teacher telling Dr.Womack about her art pieces?

What do y'all think about Karen talking to her daughter in therapy and realizing that she have to face Greg now?

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 245 29
After her divorce from her husband brought her pain and loss Karen has to make a choice of being happy or staying like how everyone else expects her...
21.4K 1.2K 107
(Last updated: November 2022 - September 10, 2022). Come along on this journey with the legendary, Karen Clark-Sheard to see how she navigates her e...
Right Side Up By Ash

Mystery / Thriller

9.1K 303 52
[BOOK 2] With her father's criminal past well behind her, she is ready to put her life back together. But is anything ever that easy? [this is book #...