Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(61) Theo

3.7K 224 22
By _crazy_hooman_

Third's POV:

"I would really prefer if we announce the breakfast table as a zone for no 'school talk'. It's the start of the day for god sake", Brody groaned.

"Exactly. These past few days were so great. And now..ugh", Troy pouted, slumped in his chair.

"I might just pluck someone's hair off their scalp if they mention the word 'school' today", Leah warned, munching on her toast.

Everyone at the table smiles in amusement and continues with their breakfast.

"When's David returning?", Charlie asked curiously.

After a few days of Grace shifting to Paris, David was very restless and the only way he could calm himself was if he went there and checked on his daughter himself.

Even Susan had returned back to London the next day because she'd come here abruptly without any plan or arrangements.

"It's just been two days. He did assure me he'll be back once Grace has settled down with her apartment and work", Sebastian replied.

"Aw you must be missing him", Brody teased.

"Understatement", Rowan scoffs.

Sebastian glared at his brother.

"Oh. Is that why you slept in David's room yesterday?", James asked curiously.

"Yes. If he wouldn't have, you kids could have witnessed a depressed crying adult this morning", Rowan snorted.

Everyone laughs. Sebastian slowly turns towards him with a menacing glare.

"What?", Rowan looks innocently at his big brother. "I wasn't about to lie to my own nephew. What kind of an amazing uncle would I be if I did?"

"Uh huh", Sebastian's jaw clenches.

Everyone laughs louder.

"Aw uncle Seb, you're so cute", Dean pouts teasingly.

"Wanna try that again Dean?", Sebastian warned intimidatingly.

"Yes please, try", Chase laughs at Dean. "I would pay to watch you get beaten up."

"Me too!", A few more boys cheer.

"Assholes", Dean grumbled to himself.

Leah stood up once she finished her food and while walking towards the kitchen to put away her dish her elder brother, Theo requested her to bring some water along with her.

"So boys, ready for school tomorrow? I hope you've finished your assignments?", Theo raised an eyebrow.

Brody and Troy stared blankly at Theo. Others tried hard not to laugh.

"Cancel the water, Leah! Theo isn't thirsty anymore", Troy called out loud.

Theo gawked at his younger brother while others laughed.

"You aren't?", Leah questioned as she returned with a glass of water.

"I-- ", Theo began.

Brody cut him off. "He used the 's' word."

Leah's eyes went wide. "You didn't!", She gasped looking at Theo accusingly.

"It was an...accident?", Theo said awkwardly.

Everyone burst into fit of laughters. Wes shakes his head with a small smile on his face.

"These three are getting too dramatic. I'd ask them to join drama club in 'you-know-where'. What do you say?", Sebastian suggested leaning towards Rowan.

"Sure, but why the 'you-know it' instead of just school? Afraid of your own daughter and son?", Rowan chuckled.

"Hey! When they team up, it's them vs me. That's my nightmare. You wouldn't understand. They love you", Sebastian snapped.

"That they do", Rowan sighed happily.

Sebastian rolled his eyes.

"Alright. Since it's the last day before Troy, Leah and Brody go back to....well the 's' word", Weston announced rolling his eyes when the trio glare at him. "You all boys are attending your appointments I've made at the base."

"Appointments? For what?", Chase asked.

"It's evaluation day", Theo replied.

A series of groans and protests erupt at the breakfast table.

"This is for all of us?", Chase frowned.

"Why you worried you're gonna fail?", Dean smirked.

"I'm not you and this isn't your chemistry paper", Chase smiled sarcastically.

"Ooof", Emmett winced.

"That must have burned Dean", Jamie chuckled.

Everyone laughs. "Fuck off", Dean grunted.

"Mind your language at the table", Rowan reminded. "And yes, all the boys are attending this today. I pray for your sake you all pass."

"You said boys", Brody pointed out.

"That's right", Weston nods.

"Leah isn't a boy", Brody reminded.

"You just realised?", Leah said sarcastically.

"We know Brody", Theo sighs.

"Why doesn't Leah need to evaluate then?", Troy frowned.

"Because I have a higher rank than you kids", Leah laughs loudly like a witch, clearly enjoying this.

"Are you kidding me? I could take her down!", Brody exclaimed looking at the eldest brothers who just shrug in reply.

"Hold on! It's good to have goals but even that is too optimistic", Emmett remarked.

"True. You can't fight Leah and win, yet. She's actually trained more than you. Secondly, she will be evaluated, just not today", Charlie explained.

"Oh come on! That's favouritism!", Dean protests.

"Yes! Just because she's the only sister you have!" Chase seconds.

Leah just grinned singing and dancing around the table. "I am the favourite! I am the favourite!"

Literally all the younger ones of the house look accusingly at the elder ones, extremely annoyed.

"Okay, cut it out Leah", Weston sighs.

Leah obeyed and sat down in her chair, but a smirk was still plastered on her face, that seemed to still annoy her brothers.

"The real reason she isn't evaluating today is not because she's our favourite but because Sam will be conducting her evaluation and he's on leave today", Theo explained.

"Why Sam?", Leah asked curiously.

"I don't know. He requested", Theo shrugged.

"Hmm maybe he's ready to take you back in his team", Charlie smiled.

"You think?", Leah gasped.

"Could be. He only asked to witness your evaluation. Be prepared. He won't go easy on you after you've spent considerable time in his team", Emmett advised his sister.

"Yes! Wuhuu!", Leah first bumped the air in excitement.

"You could fail though", Brody grinned.

"In your dreams buddy", Leah sent a flying kiss to him.

"Leah what did I tell you about overconfidence? You learn anything from your last mistakes?", Sebastian sighs deeply.

"I'm confident, Dad", Leah tells him.

"Better be that only. Sam doesn't give second chances to everyone", Rowan warned.

Leah nods enthusiastically in understanding.

"Alright. So I hope I'm clear. You all are attending your evaluations today. No excuses", Weston reminded.

"Not fair", Troy whines. "This is how we'll spent our last day before we go back to school!?"

"Just what we needed today", Jamie groaned loudly.

"I had plans!", Brody protested.

"Oh I'm sorry. You'll have to cancel them then", Emmett grinned unapologetically.

"Oh come on", Dean complained. "Get the kids to finish it today. I'll come over at the weekend."

"Was I not clear Dean?", Weston raised an eyebrow. "All of you."

"Oh please guys! I have a date!", James pouts.

"Not the time for jokes Jamie. You're coming", Theo rolled his eyes.

Jamie gasped loudly. The boys forgot about the complaining and started laughing hysterically.

"Oh..you were serious", Theo smiled sheepishly.

"YES!", James shouted dramatically.

"Sorry buddy", Theo apologised.

"Not your fault Theo. It is hard to believe he found a date", Leah snickered.

"DAD!", James shouted in annoyance.

"LEAH!", Sebastian shouted in the same tone.

"Alright! Alright!", Leah chuckled raising her hands in surrender.

Rowan snickered happily eating his breakfast. "Now these are the mornings I look forward to."

After the breakfast Theo goes away to attend a call while others gather around in Weston's office with an argument. Leah just follows them for the fun of it. She could never deny herself the drama.

"Wes come on! Can I come at the weekend? Please?", Dean requested.

Chase leaned towards Brody. "He's requesting!"

"I know right! Crazy times we live in!", Brody whispered back.

Weston exhales soundly leaning back on his chair. "Why can't you come today?"

"I have some plans", Dean replied.

Wes raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure Landon will understand why you can't see him today."

"How- Wha-? How did you know?", Dean frowned in astonishment.

"You've been glowing since morning", Weston said softly, with a hint of a smirk.

Dean gasped in alarm and rushed towards the bathroom to check his face.

"Good one Wes!", Chase laughed his ass off.

It amused everyone to see Dean act this way. He surely had changed to some extent since he started dating Landon. It was a sweet change.

Anyway, the boys were forced to do the evaluation anyway (as expected) so they all left for the base within the next hour. Sebastian was meeting Harry for some work so he was gone later too.

Rowan and Leah were the only ones present in the house.

"Man it's so quiet around here. I swear I appreciate the quiet more now that I've started living with my brothers", Leah sighs soundly.

Rowan smiled softly from the other end of the couch. "Brothers...it's taken some time to get used to hearing that from your mouth."

Leah nods with a small smile. "I know right. It feels like yesterday that I was in front of you getting scolded for arriving late for a gang meeting."

Rowan chuckled to himself. "Oh yes, those were some amusing mornings. We had fun during our gang days didn't we?"

"Hell yeah! I've had some really memorable times those months boss!", She exclaimed.

Rowan smiled wide hearing the word 'boss' after a long time.

"It's crazy how things change so fast. I mean back then I didn't even know about you, my boss, being my uncle. Imagine knowing that back then", Leah exhales dramatically.

"I don't think I would have let you join the gang then, if I'd known you were my niece", Rowan said quietly.

"What? Seriously?!", Leah was shocked and a tad bit offended.

"Yes. I would have hidden you somewhere safe from Massimo's eyes. No way would I have risked your presence to anyone. Not even my most trusted", Rowan sighed deeply.

Leah's heart warmed. "You're too good to me."

"You're important to me", Rowan replied simply.

"Aw uncle Rowan. You're gonna make me cry!", Leah fake cried.

Rowan merely smiled. "You? And cry? Sure. You were one of the lost strongest I had back then. And I mean emotionally strong. I didn't think you would last a week in my gang."

"You didn't?"

"Of course not. You were a kid. I figured you'd run away once you see this life is actually quite dangerous."

"....I may have. I don't know."

"No you wouldn't have left. Now I know that. You were just so different from the kids your age. I understand that because my boy is the same as you", He smiled.

Leah exhales deeply. "Maybe. I was more.. reckless then."

"You still are", Rowan teased. "Remember our boxing sessions? You used to push yourself so hard and then end up with bruised knuckles all the time."

"That's because you were so lenient with me! You never let anyone but yourself, Owen or Lan practice with me. And not just you, but even those two went easy on me because you told them to!"

"You were a kid. A young girl who probably didn't understand what she was getting herself into. And even after that obviously I was soft on you. I can't compare you to other trained men. Come on Leah", Rowan was amused.

"I know but that annoyed me. I wanted to be your best fighter! Which was a far fetched dream back then. I had to work hard", Leah argued.

"Exactly-reckless young girl. No patience at all. You've hurt yourself so many times during that period", Rowan shakes his head.

"I've grown a lot!!", Leah whines.

Rowan chuckled. "You still have a long way to go my dear."

Leah nods agreeing with him.

"Well I guess we have David to thank for that. It's solely because of him we got you back", Rowan smiled softly.

"Yeah", Leah grinned. "I couldn't be more grateful to him."

"David means a lot to you, doesn't he?", Rowan smiled.

"Oh yes! I love him. He's everything to me boss. I've earned so much in my life, all because of him. If he didn't have the conscience to reveal the truth to you and me, then I would have never learned about my biological family."

"He is a great man. The most fun I've had in school was with him. All these years whenever I remembered those days I would tremendously miss him like anything. But somehow I'd move on convinced he's doing well for himself."

Leah smiled. "I always like the fact that Dad, you and Papa get along so well. I mean..it made things easier, you know? God knows there are a hundred different ways this situation could have gone down. I'd say we got lucky", She chuckled lightly.

"That's very true. I was never the one to believe in fate, but this..this is really fate. The way we all got entangled into each other's lives, it's really not a coincidence", said Rowan, a small smile etched on his face.

"I know right? You and I. Dad and Papa. My brothers and I. You, Dad and Papa. It's all..wow", Leah chuckled.

Rowan smiled with a nod. "Some credit goes to Susan as well I guess. I mean she made a huge mistake, but atleast she was smart enough to hand you over to David and not some random stranger."

Leah looked down at her lap nodding at his words. Rowan observed her.

"You alright kiddo?", He asked softly.

Leah inhaled and exhales deeply before replying. "Yeah I'm cool. It's just.. imagining how single-handedly she could have dictated the rest of my life with one stupid decision is actually terrifying."

"I mean I've moved past it and I love her now, but still shakes me up when I think about how she orchestrated all this you know. The first chapter of my life began in such a... challenging way. Not that I felt any of it, I got lucky. But still..", Leah trailed off quietly.

"I understand what you're saying. Felt it myself, you know. The second David told us you were alive..god that feeling was just something else", Rowan sighs deeply. "I'll admit, I hated Susan for that."

"Everyone did", Leah smiled sadly. "I should hate her too, you know. But somehow I couldn't get myself to care. Maybe that's because I lived a good life. God knows if I had spent all this while in some ditch or something I would have killed her."

It was true. If Leah had never lived a good life, god only knows what would have happened to Susan.

"A fine example of how important it is to make planned and responsible decisions. Especially those that affect others", Rowan spoke as a matter of fact.

"True that", Leah nods. "I'm glad she has a family of her own now. They're good for her. She deserves to be happy too."

"One would argue, but I only forgave her because I knew she loved you kids as a mother. Besides how long can we hold a grudge when all's well? Like Sebastian says-she may not be a part of this family now, but she'll always be your mother. Gotta remember that", Rowan smiled softly.

Leah nods. "Yeah."

A few minutes of comfortable silence fell between the two. Both of them reminiscing the days they've experienced so far. All the ups and downs.

"You know", Leah began, gaining Rowan's attention. "I never truly thanked you."

"For what?", Rowan smiled a bit.

"For everything", Leah smiled emotionally. "The moment you let me be a part of what you'd created back then. Treating and caring for me like your own kid. Teaching me the most I know today. It all started from you, you know."

He smiled hearing that.

"In true sense you've made a huge impact in my life. Thank you boss."

Rowan chuckled softly. "Aw you're gonna make this old man cry."

"Who you calling old man? Take a look in the mirror. You're a ladies man", Leah smirked.

"Come here. I need a hug from my precious niece!", Rowan opens his arms with a wide grin on his face.

Leah didn't waste time jumping into his arms, resting her head on his chest.

"Oh kiddo. You've completed this family", Rowan rests his chin on top of her head and caresses her hair.

Leah felt a few tears cloud her vision. She shut her eyes close and took a deep breath. She realised in true sense she was happy.

.
.
.

"I think I did good", James recalled leaning back on the couch.

"You think? Oh then he's surely failing", Dean snickered.

Chase and Troy chuckled as Jamie kicked Dean off the couch. Emmett shakes his head watching that and heads off to the kitchen.

"Need help?", He asked.

"The vegetables", Charlie points his finger.

Emmett gets to chopping some vegetables as they together prepare for dinner.

"So how did the boys do?", Charlie asked.

"You were there Char", Emmett smiled knowingly.

"Yeah, but I'm asking for your opinion", Charlie said while stirring the soup on the stove.

"Well", Emmett pauses looking out at the living room where he could still hear Jamie and Dean play fighting. "There's room for improvement surely. But I'll be honest they did better than I thought."

"Same", Charlie said. "Though I believe Theo and Wes were hoping for better results."

"They tell you that?", Emmett questioned curiously.

"Of course not. But I could see it in their eyes. They weren't disappointed, but expected more from them I guess", Charlie replied with a shrug.

"Huh", Emmett nods, getting back to work.

"Where did they disappear later?", Charlie asked looking at him.

"Board meeting", Emmett replied. "They had some expense reports to approve and uh..a discussion on that Geneva project."

"Isn't Theo heading that one?", Charlie asked.

"Yes, he's due a presentation by next week", Emmett sighs.

Charlie drops the ladle on the kitchen slab with more force than necessary. "Seriously? That soon? Great. There's another reason for no sleep and absolute stress."

Emmett sighs weakly. "I know. I was planning on talking to him about it. See if he needs any help."

"Wes must have beat you to it", Charlie commented, picking up the ladle again.

"Maybe", Emmett nods.

The dinner was as noisy as ever at the Kingston mansion that day. And probably that was the reason Theodore preferred having his food in his room for a change. No one questioned it.

After dinner, Weston had some work to finish before he crashed, but he decided to check up on Theo first.

With a knock on his door he walked in to find Theodore engrossed in his work, staring at his laptop screen, surrounded by files and papers and his dinner plate untouched resting on the side table.

Weston sighs seeing that. "Theo why don't you take some rest and finish your dinner?"

Theo looks up at him, then the dinner plate and shakes his head. "Not now. This is important."

"It's not more important than food", Weston reminded him.

"I will eat it once I'm done here. Don't worry", Theo assured him without bothering to look away from the screen.

"Don't make me pester you", Weston warned with a small smile. "I'll get on your nerves."

"Wes I'm not one of our younger siblings. I can take care of myself", Theo replied curtly.

Weston exhales sharply shaking his head at the stubborn head. He then walked in straight to Theo and shut the laptop close immediately making Theodore look up at him in frustration.

"Food. Now", Weston pointed at the plate.

"Fine. I will. Go sleep", Theo tried not to show his frustration.

Weston gave him one pointed look then walked towards the door. He looked back one last time and shut the door after him. Theo undoubtedly went back to work.

Weston went ahead and finished his work in his room. It took him about an hour to do that. After that he was all in the mood for a nap.

Before hitting the bed, Theo crossed his mind. The urge to check up on him was nagging him so he headed towards Theo's room. He walked in without a knock or heads up.

This time he found Theo sitting on his chair against a table typing away into the laptop, a pair of spectacles resting on his nose. Weston glanced at the side table and found the dinner plate in the same position, just as much filled as earlier, untouched.

"Are you kidding me? You still haven't finished your food?", Weston frowned.

Theo looked back at Weston on his door and groaned loudly.

"It'll literally take 15 minutes to finish that food Theo. Just eat it and go back to work. How difficult is that?"

"Wes for god sake I'm not a child. I'll eat!", Theo looked annoyed.

"Well you can't. That's got to be so cold now. Come along downstairs. I'll reheat the food and brew some coffee for you", Weston said heading for the plate.

"Alright. I'll wait here. Get it upstairs for me please", Theo sighs softly.

"No", Weston turned to look at him. "You're getting up and coming down."

Theo stared at his stubborn brother. "What is your problem?"

"My problem? Theo you've been in front of the screen for hours now. Your lens dried up due to which you're using your eyeglasses. You're straining your eyes. They'll start watering!"

"You haven't eaten anything solid since breakfast this morning. A glass of orange juice for lunch is not enough! You need a break, understand?", Weston said sternly.

"And I said I will eat and take a break once I finish this", Theo said pointing at the file.

"You said the same an hour ago. We both know this work will take some time. Why are we even having this conversation? Stop arguing and get downstairs", Weston said seriously.

Theo's jaw clenches as he takes his time before standing up and walking out of the door. Wes followed after him.

Weston hovered over Theo and made sure the guy finished his food.

"You don't have to stand there. It's annoying", Theo rolled his eyes, while eating.

"Well I don't trust you to eat when I'm gone. I learnt my lesson", Weston reminded.

The rest of the dinner was spend in silence. Once done they both head upstairs together. Without a word Theo heads to his room.

"What? No thanks?", Weston smiled teasingly.

"Thanks for what", Theo said while still heading for his room. "Being a pain in my ass? Wasting my time? Thanks Weston."

The smile wipes right off Weston's face. "You're kidding, right?"

Theo turns glaring at him. "No I'm not Wes. You've been bossing over me for hours now. Not making me happy, alright? Back off."

"Bossing over!? I think you mean taking care of you?", Weston glared back.

"Just..forget it", Theo rolls his eyes, gritting his teeth and reaching over to the door knob.

"No", Weston steps forward. "Tell me. What is it?"

"It's you!", Theo looks straight into his eyes. "Your obsessive nature to keep nagging until you get what you want! I told you I'll eat! I'm not a child, alright? You sit on my head whenever you need me to do something! Let me be man!"

Weston frowned. "I know you're stressed because of the work. But don't take it out on me for caring about you."

"You're still missing the point, aren't you?", Theo scoffs, shaking his head.

"No I'm not! You're showing attitude acting all stubborn about a small thing", Weston retorted.

"Whatever you say, big bro", Theo rolled his eyes.

"Seriously? You're stooping to a five year old now?", Weston snapped.

"Why? You keep acting like you're the boss and everyone has to obey you because you're the boss!"

"What? We both are on the same rank Theo. I obey your orders too!"

"I don't pester you non-stop when you're working. I leave you alone because I understand that's need to be done!", Theo almost shouts.

"Lower your volume! The boys and Leah have school tomorrow! Let them sleep atleast!", Weston snaps angrily.

"Just get off my back", Theo grit, before opening the door to his room, going inside and slamming it shut.

Weston sighs irritatedly and heads up to his own room and slams it shut after him clearly annoyed with the fact that Theo just disregarded his concern for him.

Another door opens and Emmett and Charlie look out and sigh deeply. They both were having a movie marathon in Emmett's room.

"Never thought I'll see them fight", Charlie frowned.

"They're stressed Char. Both of them will cool down and get back to normal by tomorrow. I bet you", Emmett said softly, hiding his concern.

"I hope so", Charlie sighs.

.
.

The sun was up sooner than usual for Troy, Brody and Leah simply because they had to wake up early for school.

While some were still sleeping- Emmett, Weston, Charlie and Dean had woken up just along with the trio.

Weston had work at the base to attend so he was finishing his coffee quick while answering some emails. Dean had just returned from his morning run, drinking some juice. Emmett and Charlie were preparing breakfast for the trio.

"I'm so late! I'm so late! I'm so late!", Troy grumbled to himself, running down the stairs and to the table.

Brody followed slowly after him, half awake, half asleep, lazy as ever and not giving a damn about it. His bag perched on his back. And Leah wasn't even down yet.

"Slow down bud. You'll choke", Emmett warned Troy who was eating his food as if it were a competition.

"And you hurry up!", Charlie smacked the back of Brody's head causing him to jerk awake from momentarily sleep he had slipped off to.

Weston shakes his head, glancing at his watch. "HURRY UP, LEAH!", He shouts looking up at the first floor.

"COMING!", Leah yelled back.

Dean sat on the top rail of his chair typing away on his phone not paying any heed to his surroundings.

"Dude you smell like sweat. Go take a shower", Brody's nose scrunched up.

"Good. You'll be awake then", Dean replied, his eyes on the phone.

"Ugh!", Brody groaned.

Theodore walks down the stairs looking tired and exhausted. Without a word he walks towards the kitchen and looks at everyone. Wes glances at him and realised immediately the man hadn't slept for a second last night.

He shake his head disappointedly shifting his attention to his pending email because he didn't want to argue with Theo this early in the morning.

"Em, can I get some coffee?", Theo asked with a deep sigh.

"Sure", Emmett said looking up at him. "Take a seat, it'll be ready in a minute."

Theo nods taking a seat opposite to Wes, rubbing his face with his hands trying to get rid of the exhaustion.

Just then Leah runs down with her bag flying in the air on one hand and shoes on the other. "I'm here!", She announces.

"Here you go", Charlie places her breakfast on the table.

Leah drops her shoes and bag before taking a seat next to Troy at the table.

"Wash your hands first Leah", Theo said softly.

"Uh! Come on! I don't care!", Leah waves it off, pulling the plate of food towards her.

"Leah!", Theo raised his voice making everyone look at her, even Dean. "Wash your hands. Now!"

Leah groaned loudly in protest, not in the mood to argue considering she was already late, so she stood up stomping her way to the faucet in the kitchen.

"Next time don't carry your dirty shoes in your hand before having food and I won't disturb your highness", Theo said strictly.

Weston stared at Theo seriously. He understands his brother was right to taunt Leah and get her to wash her hands but it wasn't necessary to be rude.

"Dean the coffee's ready. Fill your own and Theo's cup. I'm busy", Emmett said, staring at Theo.

Dean, who's attention was now back to his phone got down from the chair and walked up to the kitchen. He filled two cups of coffee and since his one hand was occupied with his phone, he first carried Theo's cup to him.

Theo watches him come and reaches out. Dean who's eyes are stuck on his phone doesn't realise he's close enough to Theo hits the table and stumbles a bit, losing his balance. During this scene, he accidentally spills the burning hot coffee on Theo.

"FUCK!", Theo hissed in pain jumping off his seat immediately looking down at his now coffee stained shirt and pant.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!", Dean apologises immediately, looking away from his phone.

Everyone looks at them in alarm. Weston stood up in surprise.

"Sorry? Are you fucking kidding me? How hard is it to hand over a cup of coffee man? Are you blind? What is so important in your phone that you can't see were you're going?!", Theo yelled angrily.

Dean stared at his older brother in shock. Emmett and Charlie quickly jog over. While one checks Theo for any burns, the other pulls Dean away from the broken cup on the floor.

Theo winces in pain when Emmett lifts his shirt a little. His skin was red because of the burn and most likely to swell.

"I'm so sorry Theo. I should have paid more attention. Does it hurt bad?", Dean apologises again in guilt.

"What do you think? It was burning hot coffee Dean!", Theo frowned furiously.

"I'll get come ice", Emmett rushed to the refrigerator.

Weston glanced at Troy, Brody and Leah who were frozen in shock staring at Theo. It was probably the first time they've seen their brother act like that.

"You three will be late. Finish up quick", Weston said, distracting them.

He then walked up to Dean, covering the boy's view of Theo.

"Wes I didn't mean- ", Dean started.

"It's okay. I know you didn't do it on purpose. Just be more careful next time alright? Go take a shower, I'll give the remaining coffee to Theo. He needs it. I'll prepare some more for you", Weston advised.

"No..it's fine. I don't want it", Dean said sadly. Without another word he quickly heads back up the stairs and to his room.

Troy stands up to go after Dean feeling bad for him, but Theo stops him. "Finish eating and get to school, you three. I better not hear about detention on your first day back!", He barks strictly.

Weston frowned looking at him. Troy looked away sadly and slowly started finishing his food. Brody who was wide awake by now glared at Theo. Leah put a hand on Troy's shoulder calming him with a small smile on her face.

"It's not their fault you're uncomfortable right now. Stop directing your anger on them", Emmett said softly, handing over the ice pack to Theo.

Theo pinched the tip of his nose in frustration. "Just get my damn coffee and I'll be on my way."

Weston marches to the kitchen, grabs the coffee cup and walks back handing it to him with annoyance on his face. "Happy?", He snaps.

Theo stared at Wes's angry face and shakes his head before turning and leaving. Weston gets back to work, now irritated.

Emmett and Charlie share a worried glance.

.
.
.

The day later on wasn't great either. Theo hadn't left his room and Weston was sure the man was drowning himself in work.

No one else knew what happened this morning. The trio were in school and Dean was at work. Sebastian and Rowan had left a little after lunch to meet up with some family friends in the city.

Jamie and Chase were playing a video game after lunch for a while and since they were too invested in it they didn't realise they were actually too loud. Even they received a dose from Theo then.

Weston, who had decided to stay at home the entire day witnessed it all but remained quiet only because it was also Jamie and Chase's fault. He was desperately waiting for an opportunity to talk to Theo about his work stress being vented on others via frustration.

The day was just getting worse when the trio returned back home from school. Having nothing to do they along with Jamie and Chase decided to play football until dinner in the backyard.

While it wasn't the noise they generated during their game the problem, it was after all the flying kick of the very football into Theo's room, shattering the particular window.

The noise of the window breaking had gained everyone's attention in the house and all of them gathered around in the living room wondering what happened.

Before Weston could ask the kids what had they done, Theo stomped down the stairs with fury written all over his face.

"What the fuck is going on?!", He yelled at the ones playing.

"Theo we're so- ", Leah began only to be cut off.

"Shut up! I don't care about your vain apologises!", Theo snapped.

Everyone stared at the man in bafflement. It was evening now so right in time Dean returned from work entering the house.

"How hard is it to get some quiet, uninterrupted work place around here?! Can no one leave me alone for god sake!", Theo shouts at almost everyone.

"Theo- ", Emmett started to calm him.

"I'm not done talking!", Theo grit angrily shutting up Emmett. "This is a house, not a playground! Who the hell kicked the ball into my room? The glass fell all over the place and the ball knocked off my laptop!", He yelled.

None of them answered. Troy, Brody, Leah, Jamie and Chase kept their mouth shut altogether. No way one of them was getting ratted out to face Theo's fury.

"Maybe you kids don't understand but I'm working very hard on something and all that could have been delayed indefinitely or possibly be ruined if something would have happened to the laptop! What is wrong with you all?!", Theo demanded.

"Theo we're sorry", Jamie sighs.

"Sorry? Really? Were you sorry when you and Chase were creating a ruckus in the house over a stupid video game?", Theo grit.

"We apologised for that Theo. We stopped playing after realising it's disturbing you", Chase said softly.

"Exactly! After realising!", Theo spat. "You people don't have common sense?"

"Alright that's enough Theo. Calm down", Weston intervened.

"I'm not talking to you Wes! Back off", Theo grit angrily.

"Or what?", Wes snapped back. "I understand you're upset and your day hasn't been the best, but you need to calm down!"

Everyone started getting nervous watching their eldest brothers argue and fight. Except the Rowan and Sebastian everyone was gathered in the living room so it was easily the wrong time for a fight.

"And you're here to cover or protect them? Why? You're the one who always says the kids need to be scolded when needed! They can't be coddled all the time! Why are you stopping me now?", Theo retorted.

"Because you're overreacting", Weston answered seriously.

"Overreacting?", Theo scoffs humourlessly. "Last night you pissed the hell out of me. This morning Leah and Dean were acting immature. Then Jamie and Chase were inconsiderate. Now all of them together broke my fucking window and almost destroyed my work!"

Weston didn't reply to that. He pursed his lips shut.

"Exactly", Theo spat.

"You're stressed about the Geneva project and I understand that's a lot to handle right now when we're time bound. You and I both know you're directing your anger in the wrong direction", Weston retorted.

Theo covered his face with his hands resisting the urge to shout out his frustration and stress any more.

"Just calm down", Weston sighs softly, feeling sympathy for his brother.

"I won't be calm if I'm in this house full of idiots", Theo muttered. "I need a break."

With that Theo marched over towards the door. Weston worried he won't drive his car with a clear head stops him immediately by grabbing his hand.

"I'll come with", He offered.

Theo swats his hands away irritated max now. Seeing that Emmett and Charlie rushed forward ready to intervene if needed. The others just watch them with astonishment and worry.

"Stop hovering over me Weston! How many times do I have to tell you that dammit!", Theo shouts angrily.

"I'm not hovering! I just need to make sure you're safe. With all this going on in your mind you can't drive!", Weston shouts back.

"What now you'll decide when I can and can't drive?", Theo snapped.

"I will if I have to for your own good."

"I'm not a child Wes. I told you that before. How hard is it for you to understand?!"

Weston rolled his eyes. "I don't care what you think. If you want to go out I'll come with. That's final."

Theo scoffs. "Let's see."

With that Theo heads over to the main door and Wes angrily stomps after him. The others run after them. Before Theo could leave Wes grabbed him again.

This time Theo wasn't having it and he pushed Weston away from him in anger with a lot of force using his hands. Weston falls back hard but luckily Emmett was there to catch him.

Charlie steps between the three facing Theo. "Stop it."

A gasp escaped Leah. Troy's hand immediately grabbed Brody's in worry. James and Chase stop Dean from intervening immediately.

"Tell him that", Theo grit, looking over Charlie's shoulder at Weston.

"That's it", Weston was real angry now. "You're off the presentation until you can get yourself to calm down. You're out of your mind."

"Excuse me? Who the fuck are you to decide that? It needs to be a board decision, remember?", Theo glared.

"Then the board will. I will convince everyone to take you off this presentation for your own good", Weston grit angrily, with Emmett trying to push him back.

"Again with the 'for your own good!' ideology dammit!", Theo screams angrily.

Charlie pushed him back this time with a little more force not wanting both Wes and Theo to get any more closer to each other.

"Look at yourself Theo! You're venting on everyone since yesterday! This project is not above them or you! Forget about others and think about yourself! You're not eating or sleeping properly! You're extremely tired and exhausted! Obviously you're cramming inside your room for this goddamn presentation!", Weston yelled in frustration.

Theo turns away massaging his aching head.

"Now your head is aching!", Weston said loudly making Theo look at him. "You think I don't understand you? I can see you're so fucking stressed! Goddammit I'm worried about you!"

Theo looks away from Weston to the others. His younger siblings seemed terrified from the looks of it. He took deep breaths walking a few steps away from everyone.

"I'll be back in an hour", Theo looked at Charlie.

"Where are you going?", Charlie asked softly.

Theo glared at him for asking. "Don't worry about that."

With that he started walking towards the main door. Obviously Wes can't have that so he quickly runs towards Theo. Emmett and Charlie intervene, blocking him first then, then both grabbing his respective arms with full strength stopping him immediately.

"Wes you've got to stop!", Charlie frowned.

"No! Someone needs to be with him! He'll do something stupid in anger!", Weston angrily pushed both Em and Charlie. Well tried atleast. Two against one were not the odds in his favour.

"He needs space Wes. Let him be. He wants to cool off!", Emmett said immediately.

"He'll get drunk or something Em! He's done this before and you two know it very well!", Weston shouted in worry.

Silence fell over the room. Charlie and Emmett share a worried glance. Neither dared to look at the kids who knew nothing about it until now.

"Let me go! He won't be too far!", Weston tried to push past the two who held their ground strongly.

"No! You need to stay here!", Emmett pushed Weston with force this time causing him to back off a few steps.

"I need to make sure Theo's okay!", Weston argued.

"Wes enough", Charlie warned him standing beside Emmett with a firm expression.

"What is wrong with you two? Theo needs me whether he wants to admit it or not! So you two better step away!", Weston snapped.

"You're scaring them dammit! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!", Charlie yelled at the top of his voice at his own brother.

Finally Weston snaps out of his trance of anger. He looks to their side to see Brody, Leah and Chase shaken up to the core. Troy on the verge of tears. Jamie and Dean were barely holding their own.

It took a second, but Weston realised this was wrong. This shouldn't have happened in front of their siblings. None of it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you all liked the long awaited update? I hope it's up to your expectations and worth your patience.

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 9.5K 53
The Russo family hasn't had a girl born in the bloodline for generations. It all changes when Angela Rose Russo and her twins are born. The Russo fam...
60.8K 1.4K 41
standalone ~ mafia siblings series "You can't make me stay here! I will get an emancipation." I yell. Flashbacks of the gun in my hand, the almost-de...
9.1K 279 33
A SWEETER POISON: Who are you when no one is watching? .... How do you destroy a monster, without becoming a monster yourself? .... All her life, May...
1.3M 31.9K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...