22 Times [Liam Payne]

By artpieces

"If you ever feel stupid, remember you're not the girl who rejected Liam twenty two times." My friend tried t... More

Prologue
1 Time
2 Times
3 Times
4 Times
Flashback
6 Times
7 Times
8 Times
9 Times
10 Times
11 Times
12 Times
13 Times
14 Times
15 Times
Proceed...
16 Times
17 Times
Proceed...
18 Times
19 Times
20 Times
21 Times
22 Times Part 1/2
22 Times 2/2
Epilogue
22+ Shout Outs
About The Sequel
Continue...
Continue...
"I'm not the jealous type!"
Valentine's Day
"I'm lost and I lost Loki."
"She will model but only for me."
AHHHHH!
Continue...
Proceed...
Letters
Box. 1/2
Box. 2/2
From Two to Three... to Four
Note
Invitation
:)

5 Times

91.2K 2.2K 1.5K
By artpieces

~"Oh, how I wish that was me."~ One Direction

Chapter 5:

Liam's Pov

I woke up by a sneeze coming from Francis's mouth. I chuckled before opening my eyes. I couldn't move at all. I looked down and laughed out loud. Francis's sleeping body was on top of me. Her chest pressed against mine, her head resting on my shoulder, her legs straddling me- and that was because she was still afraid.

Last night, I didn't notice I was getting sleepy along with Francis. If I should've known I would've got up and leave, but she was too afraid so I couldn't leave her like that. So, by my surprise, I'm in bed with Francis Turner.

I slowly pulled off the blankets from our bodies and softly poked her shoulder.

"Francis..." I whispered into her ear and she groaned, her hand gliding up my arm until she covered my mouth as in a 'shut up' gesture.

"Francis, love... I-I need to go to the loo but you're on top of me." I bit her hand softly.

"I'm on top of..." Francis looked up at me. My heart stopped. How someone could look so good early in the morning? A light shade of pink appeared on her cheeks. "L-Liam?! I-I'm sorry!"

She wiggled herself off me and accidentally fell on her butt to the floor.

"Francis!"

"I'm okay, the floor is actually cold." Francis' raspy voice said. She sounded sleepy and I felt so guilty. I loved the sensation of Francis body on top of mine, but I had to ruin the moment.

"Having fun down there?" I looked down and saw Francis staring at the interesting ceiling. She blinked twice and looked at me.

"Shut it" I laughed at her reply and walked towards her bathroom after I helped her up.

Without permission, I opened a cabinet looking for a toothbrush. I luckily found a packed one and opened it. I brushed my teeth and used the loo. I fixed my not-too-long hair and headed back to the bedroom.

"Thanks for staying with me last night." Francis said before drinking her pills. "I'm sorry for my childish behavior."

She gave me a sheepish smile but I waved my hand, sitting next to her.

"No need to be sorry, love. When you're feeling like that, remember I'm here for you." I rubbed her back and she nodded slowly.

"Thanks." She stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

As I waited for her, I wandered around her bedroom. I found the photographed photo I gave to her in the signing. I bet she was surprised when I didn't really sign it and that instead I wrote '22 Times'.

She kept it. I smiled in triumph, Francis likes me and this time I didn't have to do anything. She came by herself back into my life. I only wish I could know why she rejected me before.

"How about I'll go make breakfast?" I, desperately, immediately placed the photo on the nightstand and turned around, grinning at Francis.

I noticed she changed into sweat shirt and sweat pants.

The boys might be preoccupied since I didn't spend the night in our flat. I guess Niall had to sleep by himself on the room.

"Li" Francis tilted her head.

"Oh, no don't worry. Don't need to make breakfast, how about we go eat at McDonald's?"

She shrugged, "Same to me. Let me find you clothes... My dad stayed here once when mum and he fought, he left clothes around here somewhere..."

After awhile she came back with jeans, converse and a button up shirt... I frowned; it's kind of my style. How old is her dad, 25?

I changed after I thanked her and walked downstairs along with Francis. She had her hair into a messy bun. I really liked how she looked like. She's a carefree girl. No makeup, sweats and vans. She looks stunning.

Francis POV

"What do you mean you don't have ice cream?!" I almost yell at the cashier. She raised an eyebrow at me and I crossed my arms against my chest. How could you not have ice cream at 8am?

"Ma'am, we prepare the ice cream on the afternoon. Ice cream is not part of the breakfast menu."

I rolled my eyes, "You're supposed to eat ice cream in any time of the day!"

Liam held my hand, "Stop insisting, and just let it go."

I sighed, "Fine"

We sat with our breakfast on the table and started eating.

"So, still not going to work until when?" Liam asked before taking a sip from his coffee.

I shrugged, "Until my cold decides to leave my body. I'm missing Eleanor."

"How about your friend Mia?" Liam asked. "Mia, was it?"

I shrugged again. "We're not friends anymore."

It wasn't my fault that Mia didn't like Eleanor. Spending too much time with Eleanor instead of her made her angry and stopped talking to me, so... I guess we aren't friends anymore.

His phone buzzed and picked it up after excusing himself. While he talked I ate my pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"Oi, Francis are you interested on going on a football game today with us?" Liam said excited after he hung up.

"What teams are playing?" I asked amused. I love sports, but not as much as photography. You get my point.

"Since the band is free for a week, Louis decided to play football. Eleanor always plays with us but she can't today, do you want to join?" Liam sounded begging. I nodded excited.

Niall's POV

We were on a park, gladly the fans weren't around and no sign of the paparazzi. The boys were stretching themselves while I did tricks with the ball.

"Why Eleanor is not coming?" Zayn asked Louis.

"She's taking her photos today, so Francis is playing for her."

I heard Harry whistle and say, "You hear that, leprechaun? You're true love is coming." He mocked me.

Harry exaggerated, but I feel something towards Francis. Not love, not yet. She's very beautiful and kind. But why would Liam spent the night there? Did they like each other? I would like to know before falling in love with my best mate's crush.

The look he had on his eyes when he saved Francis... I noticed Liam has feelings for her.

"We're here!" I heard Liam yell. He was running towards us with Francis next to him.

It felt like they met before. I can see it by the way they treat each other.

"Good, we're just stretching!" I said and flexed my muscles on purpose for Francis could see.

She walked towards me, "You're heating your body before playing? How can I do that?"

"Try jumping jacks" I said giving her an example by doing two jumping jacks. She giggled and joined me.

"Okay let's play!" Zayn cheered tying his shoe. Liam nodded getting into position.

"We're only six" Francis titled her head.

"Yup, you're replacing Eleanor so you're on Louis' and I's team." I mentally gave myself a high five and laughed at my own thoughts.

"We can change her to my team" Liam winked at Francis, she blushed. I frowned.

"No, she's staying!" I said a little bit annoyed. Everyone looked at me in silence. "B-Because Francis is a great player and we need her, right?" I nudged her elbow. Nice safe Niall.

She nodded giggling, "That's right!"

After that Louis positioned himself with the ball and Francis kicked it making us ran to get it. I was about to get when Harry grabbed it with a cheeky smile, running towards the penalty spot (this wasn't even a real court).

"Catch me, Irish man." Harry yelled and Zayn pushed me, I fell on a mud. I groaned.

"Get up, peasant!" Louis yelled at me as he tried to catch his Hazza Bear.

Harry was unstoppable in this game, so his team one a point. So far 1-0...

"Wey hey, cunt, no need to push" I pushed Zayn jokingly.

As we started again, this time I had the ball in hands. I was finally running over to the penalty spot when I fell down when a body jumped on mine.

I spit out some grass off my mouth, "I swear if this is Zayn, I'm punching him."

"Catch the ball, Louis!" I heard Francis yell. I turned around, my back pressed onto the ground. Francis was now sitting on my belly. Blood rushed up to my cheeks when I met Francis blue eyes and it took everything in me to not flip us over and kiss her...

"I'm on your team, remember?" I managed to say without my voice cracking. She burst out laughing and covered her mouth.

"I am so embarrassed" She giggled and I smiled at her. Francis' cheeks kissed by the sun, her hair lighter shade of brown and her eyes sparkling more than ever made my heart beat faster.

We stared for seconds and she kindly smiled at me. But the moment was ruined when Liam grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back.

"Let's continue" Liam smiled and ruffled Francis' hair before running back into his position.

She stuck out her hand and I accepted, she pulled me up and continued playing. I tried to ignore my insides which were exploding.

"I see Liam is stealing your girl." Harry whispered and I shook my head.

"Not really, Francis and I aren't even friends."

Harry smirked, "Do something before Liam does."

"Liam is my friend and I'm-" I didn't see the ball flying over to my face. I fell to the ground once again. I rubbed my face.

"Sorry mate!" Louis laughed, letting me know he was the one who kicked the ball.

I waved my hand as in 'I'm okay' sign while I curled into a ball and rested on the soft grass.

"Football is not meant for me, I'll stay here watching you lads play." I pouted my lips.

"Awwww" Francis joked.

First time I ever like someone this much... She likes Liam and Liam likes her. I guess I'm not that lucky after all. But, what if they are ONLY friends... I'm going to make a move on her.

I sighed and noticed other upcoming ball towards my face.

*******

Francis Pov

"We should do this more often." I told the fun lads who were now resting, sipping down their cup of water.

"Are you kidding me? I can't even feel my face." Niall whined resting his head on Zayn's shoulder. I had to laugh. His cheek was bruised by the ball who hit him twice.

"That's odd, Ni. You love football." Liam ruffled Niall's blonde hair. Niall pouted his lips and closed his eyes.

"I'm hungry." He whined.

"I can pick up Eleanor and then go to eat." Louis said checking his watch.

"We can go to the movies" Harry suggested, Zayn shook his head in disagreement.

"No, no movies I'm knackered. I also need a shower" Liam smelled his armpits and wrinkled his nose.

I laughed at him and kissed his cheek... as a friendly gesture.

"Are you guys dating? You haven't told us anything, Liam." Zayn asked. Niall quickly took his head off from Zayn's shoulder and stared at me.

"No we're friends." Liam said. "We met before though."

They had no idea about our past.

"Oh" Niall smiled. He looked so cute; his hair all messed up, red cheeks, blue eyes, braces... his beautiful accent.

Liam poked me, "Are you okay there, Francis?"

I flinched and scratched the back of my neck looking at him, "Yup."

*

"Seriously, you two eat like pigs!" Eleanor laughed at Niall and me. I have to admit, I love food.

"She's a pig, but she's my pig." Liam joked, holding up a napkin and cleaning the corner of my lips.

His eyes trailed my lips and he cleared his throat. He bit his bottom lip and looked away.

"I love chicken, I love Nando's, I love food..." Niall said between mouths full.

"We get it Niall." Louis rolled his eyes. "We all know you're going to marry food."

"I object!" I raised a finger, "I am marrying food, not you."

Niall raised an eyebrow and grabbed a piece of chicken, "Marry my chicken!"

He smashed his chicken on my face and everyone burst out laughing. He grinned and I smirked. It's on leprechaun!

I grabbed half of my spaghetti and wiggled it on the air.

Niall's eyes widen, "Don't you dare!"

"Do it." Liam laughed near my ear.

I smiled mischievously and rubbed his face with it.

"Ew you guys, people are watching." Eleanor sheepishly smiled and giggled softly.

"He started it." I crossed my arms against my chest and looked at Liam who was looking at me. "What are you looking at?"

"You have a little of..." Liam trailed off, pointing at my face covered in chicken.

"Excuse me, lads. But the people here are getting disturbed by you; you need to leave the restaurant." A waitress told Niall and I.

"That's what you get by being so childish." Liam joked. "Don't mind us; we'll keep eating while you two wait for us outside."

"Funny, Liam" I rolled my eyes embarrassed.

Niall and I walked outside, bursting out laughing.

"We look horrid!" Niall said with his contagious laugh. "Can we take a picture for Twitter?"

I nodded laughing, "Yeah 'Kay."

He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me over to him. We looked at the iPhone's camera and smiled, waiting for it to capture it.

@NiallOfficial: @FrancisTurner and I got kicked out from Nando's. Here's the explanation pic.com/tymbfai864

@FrancisTurner: @NiallOfficial I want my food :( x

"You're very fun, Francis." Niall said cleaning his face with his shirt. We sat on front of the restaurant. We looked like hobos begging for change.

"You too" I said with a smile.

"Doyouwantgooutwithme?" Niall asked and I couldn't catch what he was saying.

"What was that mate?" I asked him tilting my head in confusion.

"Err, do you like Liam?" Niall smiled.

What's with all the questions about Liam and me?

"Y-Yeah, he's cute, funny, intelligent and an absolute gentleman." I played with my fingers. "I really like him; do you think he likes me?"

Niall shrugged with a smile, "Why wouldn't he? You're beau- pretty and sweet."

I blushed, "You really think so?"

He nodded looking down to his hands and then sighed.

Niall's smile faded away as he stared at the busy streets. My eyebrows furrowed and then I looked up at the night sky.

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked him.

"No" Niall said with a hint of rudeness and stood up, "I'm checking if the boys are done."

"We are!" Louis yelled. Eleanor covered her ears. I stood up.

"Are you coming to work tomorrow?" Eleanor asked me, holding my hand as she pouted her lips.

"Yeah, yeah."

Liam snaked an arm around my shoulder, "I heard you're having another catwalk." He told Eleanor.

Eleanor nodded and pointed to her ankle, "Until I'm not recovered, I can't go."

I heard whispering behind me. I turned my face to see Harry and Niall whispering to each other. Niall eyes met mines and then he looked away. What's got into him?

I yawned and rested my head on Liam's chest, "I'm knackered."

"Let's take you home then." He kissed my cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
5.3K 50 23
When an average girl encounters Harry Styles her life will never be the same again
5.9K 260 50
"Truthfully I could talk about you all day and all night and I'd still have a million more things to say. But too many words become meaningless, so I...
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!