AFTER DARK | naruto

Von Xingqiu

After dark - that's when all those bad thoughts you try to bury away come back to surface. And with no one ar... Mehr

1 | similar to you, but not to me.
2 | similar to me, but not to you.
3 | a warm welcome to the academy
4 | shinobi in training
5 | for the rest of your life
6 | ninja dogs
7 | what you feel
8 | my beloved teammate(s)
9 | chuunin exams
10 | forest of death
11 | deal with a devil
12 | congrats in order
13 | fight to leave a past behind
14 | someone dear to me
15 | severed connections
16 | a quitters resolve
17 | contract bound
18 | whose in control
19 | haunted cliff of konoha
20 | the hidden sand
21 | to your important request: i refuse!
22 | answer to the call of love!
23 | a special chapter to a special boy; happy birthday lee!
24 | the uchiha clan
25 | the many sides of a drunken fist
26 | a reminder of fate
27 | to all those who ever loved me, goodbye
28 | away from home, away from you
29 | to reveal the center of your heart
30 | search for jinchurriki! capture, or captured?
31 | into the akatsukis lair
32 | stronger than we were yesterday
33 | half relevant half not: new years special!
34 | the uchihas curse of hatred. and on a lighter note: reunion with friends!
35 | kakashis wise words and inner turmoil!
36 | the cutest team in the leaf!
37 | legendary hero thief!
38 | feelings over reason
39 | superstition
40 | invincibility and the trouble it causes
41 | loss of a loved one
42 | love that can possibly turn into hate
43 | a true ninja!
45 | starry eyed people
46 | a dish best served cold
47 | a pill hard to swallow
48 | to see you before i go
49 | eyes opened to reality
50 | watchful eyes in the darkness
51 | lose your mind, lose your way
52 | brink of insanity
53 | homesickness for traitors
54 | fond memories of you and i
55 | Dissatisfactory closure 
56 | fire kings speciality
57 | with war on the horizon, i do what i can for you
58 | ambushed!
59 | rough interrogation
60 | high stake battle
61 | a special chapter to a special boy: happy birthday, Neji!
62 | jailbreak!
63 | madara uchiha was a fraud?!?
64 | fighting fire with fire
65 | my brighter future
66 | a scary special, happy halloween!
67 | the noshowkage!
68 | idolization
69 | into the dream world
70 | into the light
71 | gratitude [END]

44 | Valentines Special! love and friendship!

996 58 30
Von Xingqiu

This chap is taking place in og naruto they're like 13-14 imma say it's after mc visits the sand between chap 23-24

The last thing you expected after training was to find a letter in your bag. A very heartfelt letter--then again, it was valentines day.

Dear [Firstname].

Valentines is of love and friendship. You, [Firstname], are my friend. Every time we speak, I feel like I become an idiot... Because I don't know what to say most times. I don't know why, so I wanted to tell you. But I can't. Some say I'm just a coward. But... I'll just write you a letter. That should convey my thanks. Here's some chocolates. I think girls like those.

I'll always be watching you.

There was no sign off.

"I'll always be watching you?" Neji repeated. "This looks like borderline harrassment to me." Was his first reaction to your 'secret admirers' letter. It was alright at first, but then given the last sentence, they did themselves dirty... He grabbed the chocolates you were given, activating his Byakugan. "...Well, they aren't laced at the very least." He tossed them back to you.

"Yes. I agree..." Lee nodded in concern. "And to be quite honest. I could make you a letter a hundred times better." Lee shut his eyes, hands on his hips as he thought about it. "Dear my beautiful [Firstname], I will never take my eyes off of you! Ever! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!'

"That's even worse. To loud and passionate, any girl would be scared away." Neji crossed his arms. "... If you search for the sender, I believe you'll regret what you find." He said, eyes closed. You wished he didn't have a good point, it could end up being a big creep.

"Well... Maybe it's a joke?" You suggested, raising a brow. You then noticed that it was folded, there was another half to it.

"All the more problems they have if you ask me." Neji scoffed.

P.S.

After some advice, I realize that it came off as creepy. I didn't mean it too... I should just make a new one. Ah, I don't have any more paper, never mind. You know what, I'll just send it anyway. Sorry. This letter is getting long, it would actually be pretty hard to send... out. Okay, I'm ending this letter off here.

Thanks for reading.

I'm not a creep, I promise you.

I don't know how to talk to girls. Or anyone.

Bye.

"The P.S note was longer than the actual letter." Neji pointed out, face flat. "And... This was placed in here from the time span of when you got here in te morning to now?" He asked.

"... Well, I'm sure that's our time span here." You answered, looking over at the handwriting. It was dechiperable despite how quickly they seemed to write it. And they seemed to know you, given the fact they said both 'youre my friend', 'everytime we speak' and 'convey my thanks'. Thanks for what, though?

"These chocolates are from the dollar store." Lee suddenly commented, examining the box front to back. "I wouldn have put much more effort into it, my love. I know you don't like simple chocolates from the dollar store--but are a fan of [candy]!' He threw the chocolates into the air for no apparent reason as he got close and held your hands. "I will be right back. I cannot believe I forgot it was valentines day, but I will never make the mistake again!" He vowed before running off.

"Not to fast, Lee! You're still recovering!" You called out to him.

"Oh, right! Forgive me!" He called back, only dialing down the speed by a second.

Neji caught the chocolates on their way down and stared at them. "Oh, they are from the dollar store..." He opened the box and ate one. "Could be much better.... Considering what little money you have."

"Who said you could eat my valentine chocolates?" You sweatdropped, grabbing them out of his hands--he didn't offer much restraint when you did. "You could be considerate of what little money I have and leave it for me!"

Neji didn't answer you for a few seconds, swallowing the chocolate before speaking. "Checking for poison." He excused, slow blinking--his straight face could have convinced you if you didn't know the Byakugan could tell for poison with a glance. "No poison. Though they are bad quality. Clearly, they're not keen on spending money."

"You're a cheapskate yourself, Neji. Because... Oh... I'm getting a salad since the Hyuga have a sense of modesty." You mocked his voice, eyes closed--and since your eyes were closed, you missed his grimace. "Not because I can't handle spicy foods."

Neji grimaced, narrowing his eyes at you. "Food preferences have nothing to do with being a cheapskate." He was probably right, but you didn't really care. "If I were to give into valentines traditions, I'd give them something far more valuable than dollar store chocolates."

"So... You're actually a hopeless romantic?" You asked him, looking up from the letter you reread for the thousandth time.

"No." He quickly denied. "It's just a what if." He crossed his arms, closing his eyes. "A what if I have no care for."

"Yeahhhh.... Whatever." You narrowed your eyes suspiciously. "Do you have any clue who would have sent this?" You asked, looking back at it. Neji looked, as well.

"There are a few dunces I know who'd write this way." He opened his eyes, looking at the letter again. The word dunces was a slip of the tongue. He was working on the accidental name calling.
Those dunces he suggested were Lee, who clearly denied it given the effort put in. Naruto, who you could see writing so badly, but then Neji commented that he was always an idiot, not just around you. He said Kiba wrote like a dog, but also said there'd be at least a single dog hair on it. On the subject of cowards, he suggested Hinata--but denied that because he told you that you'd definitely tell if that girl had a crush on anyone. Ino would probably gift something like flower, similar to Sakura. And the lack of effort could definitely mean it was from Shikamaru, but even then, this was too much effort for him.

So then, who!?

They sure seemed socially inept, too.

If they were able to slip that into your bag without Neji noticing with his Byakugan, then they were pretty damn sneaky. Or had a Jutsu of sorts. That didn't exactly leave any answers.

You had to go out onto the streets to get any ideas. Naruto was at Ichirakus with Sasuke and Sakura--and it seemed Naruto was complaining about not giving or receiving any valentines while Sasuke got a handful of them.

Ino was at the flower shop with a forced visit from Shikamaru and Choji because of their parents, Shikamaru kept saying things about how much of a drag Valentines Day was, and Choji was listening. He said it wasn't to bad since chocolates were a common theme during the holiday.

To which Ino replied: "I don't see you getting any chocolates, Choji!"

Kiba was at a dog park--and it seemed Akamaru had gotten a Valentines unlike he did. He was running around with another dog, and Shino spoke about what a goldmine of fleas the dog park was. Hinata let out a longing sigh, she wondered where her crush was.

Shino didn't quite understand Valentine blues.

You ran into the Senseis on a day out, Kakashi and Guy walking behind a Kurenai and Asuma, who looked quite close. "What a youthful relationship!" Guy whispered into Kakashis ear, but he wasn't a whisperer, so you caught onto it.

"... They're not that youthful, we're all thirty, Guy." Kakashi responded, sighing. "I'm almost jealous." His words only to receive a hard slap on the back.

"No need to be jealous, my good rival Kakashi!" He laughed, "We can get away and do something a thousand times more passionate!"

"Huh? Don't word it that way." Kakashi shook his head. "People will get the wrong idea." You were in fact getting the wrong idea here.

It stumped you the entire day, even after coming across everyone you knew--you still didn't have a single clue who sent that letter.

You arrived to your apartment, opened the blinds, and laid on your couch with a sigh. You opened your eyes and... "AAHHH!"

Shisui was looking down at you, a grin on his face. Actually, he was floating above you--ghosts sure had interesting hobbies. "You okay, M'lady? You look like you've seen a ghost."

You wished you could give him a humorless look at his pun, but you were still caught off guard by his presence. "I... Forgot you live in my apartment..." You sighed out, sitting up and sucking in a breath. Shisui always managed to scare you.

He hovered down to sit next to you."You got a love letter? From who?" He asked.

"I have no clue." You sighed, opening it so you could read it. There's elements in here that could fit a lot of people I know, but at the same time--there's something about them that proves it wrong... And it seems a lot more like a friendship letter."

Shisui read it once over. "No... I think they're just socially challenged."

You looked at the letter again: it differently made sense. You were thinking the same thing--finding out who it was becoming a real pain.

"I know a socially challenged guy." he smiled.

You turned to him: "Who!?"

"You don't know him." He closed his eyes, his smile was practically making fun of you. But it's Valentines Day, not April Fools. Shisui was thinking of Itachi, but then he remembered his friends very socially challenged little brother. "Oh, wait! There's Sasuke Uchiha. He's about your age... You know him, right?"

"Sasuke... Uchiha?" You looked at the letter and sighed, quickly, you folded it back and slipped it into it's envelope. "It's about my bedtime..." You got up, ready to go to your room.

"M'lady!" Shisui sweatdropped, reaching his arm out for you. "It's only 3PM!"

You sat back next to him with a sigh. "I don't think someone like Sasuke would send this. He's..." You thought back to any interactions with Sasuke, he always wanted to start something about your clan. Sure, you both had massacred clans, but his curiosity was way to much. "Well, he's definitely socially inept, and I don't think he'd consider me a friend." I don't consider him a friend, either...

"Ah." Shisui blinked. He wasn't sure why he asked, the Uchiha curse of hatred would probably blind Sasuke of any romantic implications, really. "I guess you're right, M'lady."

You both thought about it for another second before it came to mind. "Oh! Gaara!" You both looked at each other for the revelation, before looking down at the note. Love? Gaara had love on his forehead, of course he likes valentines day. Friendship? Gaara was your first friend ever. He doesn't know what to say? He just doesn't know how to respond half of the time! Want to tell you but I can't? He couldn't make it from the Sand to the Leaf on times for Valentines day--must've sent off one of those super fast birds and Neji thought nothing of it. 

The I'll be watching you... Well, Gaara had that weird sand eye jutsu, and Temari must've been the one to call him creepy. It all made sense!

"Oh, yeah. Definitely Gaara." You smiled at the letter. The handwriting was pretty aggressive, and he seemed very thankful when you went to visit him. He was on a journey of atoing for sins, so sending letters was just like him!  

"You should write something back." Shisui suggested with a smile, "to show him you appreciate his friendship, too. Or... Appreciate his letter."

"You're right..." You blinked at the suggestion, "I'm not much of writer, though. How should I respond?"

After some advice from Shisui: you were able to make a draft.

         Dear Gaara.

Thanks for the letter! It was very sweet, and you and I will always be friends. :)
I liked the chocolates, too. This is the only paper I was able to find, too. So I'll try not to make to many mistakes. How are Temari and Kankuro? Things here in the Leaf are good, we have a new Hokage. When you become Kazekage, make sure to keep on her good side. She seems like a real hot head sometimes! Here's some speciality flowers of the Leaf. The cashier gave me a discount. Happy Valentines day!

P.S.

Tell Kankuro that Shisui is after him.

That was Shisui^ he's just joking so don't tell him that.

"It's... Well, I sound grateful, I think."

You sent the letter off, making sure the bird didn't let go because--despite getting a discount from Ino, they still cost a lot--since those flowers were special to the Leaf and were meant to attract tourists, they had a hefty price tag.

"...Well, if that letter wasn't  from Gaara, this'll be pretty embarrassing." You commented, looking up at the sky with squinted eyes as the bird flew off.

"I don't know anyone more socially challenged." Shisui smiled, not even looking directly into the sun could hurt a ghosts eyes.

"[FIRSTNAME]!" Lee called your name out loudly, running toward you a hundred miles per minute with something in his arms. He ran right through Shisui, and stood right in front of you.

"[Firstname]!" He repeated, noticeably quieter this time as he held up a basket. "Happy Valentines Day! I can not believe I forgot in the first place..." He shook his head before offering the basket to you, emploring you to take it. "I hope this will make it up to you."

You couldn't help the rising heat in your cheeks as you looked down at it. The most notable thing was the big [animal] plushie. "Since I know [animal]s are your favorite animal, I bought the best one there! And [candy]! Lots of those..." Yeah, there were lots of your favorite candy, different versions of it, mainly valentines version... Amongst other candies. To buy valentines on valentines... That sure would cost a lot of money.

... Lee sure loved to buy you things. He had to be the sweetest guy ever. "Oh, wow... Thank you, Lee... I don't know what to say..." You let out a nervous chuckle, taking the basket into your hands. It was a very mind gesture, and Lee knew you well--considering the tact you two have been friends for at least 7 years now.

"There is nothing you need to say, my love." He smiled, a rounded a blush on his cheeks. "Next Valentines Day, I will make sure to remember and get you a card--telling you everything! Oh. And flowers! A bouquet of [flower]s! How does that sound? Does it not sound amazing, my love!?" He was real passionate about it, there were stars in his eyes.

You blinked sheepishly, sweat dropping. "That sounds... Great!" You smiled. "I'll remember, too. I promise."

You leant over to give him a kiss on the cheek, and his face went even more red than it was before. "Happy Valentines Day." You grinned sheepishly.

Lee let out a gasp, took a step back--then another, and one more before he put his hand over his cheek, and sputtered. "I- you- I- uh- wow- hehe- I- uh..."

"...You have some brutal kisses, M'lady." Shisui commented as Lee fell over. That was the second time... He wouldn't want to be behind a kiss so deadly. "But, uh... I'm sure he loved it." He let out a chuckle at the look on Lees face as he passed out.

_____________________

"Gaara, you got a letter back." Temari announced, closing the door behind her as she pulled her ponytail out. She really needed to let her hair breathe more often. "From [Firstname]." She clarified, tossing the letter toward him.

Given the fact it was paper, he expected it to have a slow descent, but given the fact it also had a flower in it, it could've hit him right in the face were it not for his sand.

He managed to grab it in time before it fell. "I thought it was anonymous." He slowly blinked, carefully opening it.

"And I told you nobody writes quite like you." Temari sighed, shaking her head. "So stiff and formal, even through a letter."

"Ah..." Gaara couldn't find the words to respond, and instead opened the letter back up. He read it over and looked at the flowers. They were quite pretty, and he had heard of the flowers and herbs grown in specific places. It must've been quite pricey, and you didn't exactly have that sort of money...

"You're sharing those flowers, right?" Temari asked.

Gaara didn't answer. Which was an easily interpreted "no." He was on the journey of forgiveness, not giveness. "They're quite pretty flowers. I've heard of the flowers of the Leaf, but I've never seen them for myself." He blinked, observing the colorful flowers.

"To bad you can't give her any specialties of the Sand." Kankuro commented, he had just come from upstairs--and spoke on his way down. "She's from here, too!"

"We know, Kankuro." Temari answered with a sigh, a hand on her hip. "Plus, the sands specialties usually aren't flowers or plant. Not to mention you bought her chocolates from the dollar store."

"..." Gaara couldn't find an answer. He was embarrassed now, he didn't know what to get you but there were things much better than dollar store chocolates.

"Uh... It's the thought that counts." Kankuro pat Gaara on the shoulder. He wouldn't tell Temari now that he was the one that gave Gaara the idea of dollar store chocolates.

Well,  Gaara kept that letter of friendship long after--and in the present, has it in his Kage office.

___________________

Neji: a what if I don't care for 🤓🤓🤓

Ok then explain chapter 33?

Shisui: what a deadly kiss I wouldn't wanna be behind it!

Ok then explain chapter 41???

I listened to heavy metal while writing this chapter happy valentines day I swear all my special chaps are so short

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

474K 12.1K 44
That damn bloody Cloak... ⚠️ | Naruto does not belong to me | ⚠️ Highest rank: #540 in fanfiction! ✔ Completed ✔ • • • Just a fair warning, this boo...
595K 23.1K 58
When you die, is it eternal sleep that awaits you? Maybe you'll go to heaven or hell and spend the rest of eternity there. Or, just maybe, you'll get...
182K 2.1K 28
exactly what the title implies! this is where my ~sour~ naruto lemons will be published! MATURE CONTENT READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! no longer accept...
54.3K 1.6K 17
It's gonna be your first day in the academy, you made a few friends & everything was good until you met mitsuki. you start catching feelings for him...