Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(56) H for Hostage

3.4K 236 44
By _crazy_hooman_

-Luca meeting with his men-

"Sir it'll be impossible to break into the American base and kidnap David Stevenson."

"Exactly. Any man driven into insanity would consider signing up for a mission like this."

"It's not like we can just walk into that base expecting everyone to welcome us with ignorance and let us do our deed quietly without disturbance and positively allow us to leave unscathed."

"Man what would I give for that to happen."

The men conserving started laughing about the hysterical theories and sarcasm they made about the ridiculously impossible mission.

"Shut it", Luca grit causing the room to fall into ringing silence.

"I don't care how ludicrous this mission sounds to the lot of you. I never asked for any free advice. This will be done and rather quickly", Luca declared.

The people in the room had started regretting joining Luca because it sounded like the man was so far driven with the motive of revenge that he no longer gives a damn about not just his own life, but their's too.

"But sir, that would mean you want us to break into a mafia's base and kidnap a man. No offense but that's an unattainable task", One man spoke courageously.

Luca slowly turns towards him with a glare so intense that one would wonder if he'll burn alive because of it. The others knew he made a mistake saying that.

Why? Cause the Italian mafia lost the American base from their jurisdiction quite the same way. The so called impossible task of breaking into a rival mafia's base was made possible by Rowan and his people. The Kingston had no difficulties to snatch back his legacy from under their grasp.

It's embarrassing really.

"Sorry", The man apologies quickly when he realises.

"No.. actually I have an idea", Luca said slowly, his face contoured into a deep thought.

Everyone waits for him to continue and enlighten them about any plan that wouldn't result in them plummeting to their death.

"Do any of you know how Rowan Kingston attacked and recaptured the American base?", Luca questioned with a now amused smile.

"He..broke into the base?", Another man replied while the rest shook their heads.

"Exactly. And how did he do that?", Luca asked next.

No one replied as none knew the answer to it.

"He came in through the secret passage we knew nothing about. Since they owned that place before us he was fully aware of the in's and out's of those buildings. One such was a secret entryway which opens up in their Don's office. That's how Rowan Kingston came in", Luca explained.

"You mean to say Weston and Theodore have a secret entryway or door sort of thing in their office?", One of them questions curiously.

Luca took a moment before answering. "The former Don's office had that passage and Rowan used that. No one can tell for sure who uses that office now, but I'm interested and prepared to bet."

Luca was sure that breaking into that building can be possible now. They just have to make a solid plan to not get caught and if luck's on their side they can manage to accomplish their mission.

"Let's make a full proof plan to get who I want by beating the Kingstons in their own game", Luca smirked darkly.
________________________________

Third's POV:

"Let me through Dean!", Landon said in a hurry.

"Listen to me first", Dean said as gently as he could keeping his hands on the other one's shoulder to stop him.

A couple hours from when Leah was got into the base hospital for treatment the news of her injuries spread across the entire mafia like wild fire. It didn't take long before Leah's friends and ex-team mates had arrived to check in on her.

The family obviously didn't let anyone through. The doctors had informed them that Leah didn't endure extreme injuries and will heal just fine provided she rests entirely for a week or two.

While Leah's team mates decided to come back later as it wasn't a great time to meet her especially when she was supposed to resting her best friends weren't so understanding.

Owen and Landon had arrived the second they received news from Eric and Steve (the gossipers who always know what's going on) but had to wait when their boss told them Leah was asleep by the influence of the antibiotics.

Landon was freaking out after hearing about the attack on the mansion. He was so anxious and concerned that he couldn't calm down until he just saw his best friend. Dean who pulled him into an empty room, away from everyone else, has been trying to get him to relax.

"No you don't understand Dean! I have to see her alright? I- ", Landon tried pushing past Dean to grab the handle of the door.

Dean grabbed both his hands to restrict his movements and pushed him behind until he hit the back wall. Then letting go of the hands Dean used his own to cup Landon's face instead.

"Look at me", Dean said sternly. "Look at me Lan."

Landon's worried eyes met his and they maintained the eye contact while Dean's thumbs caressed Landon's cheek comfortingly for a whole minute.

"Breathe", Dean whispered softly.

Landon obeyed closing his eyes and resting his head back on the wall calming down. He took a couple deep breathes trying to relax.

"Now look at me", Dean said and continued once he did. "My sister and your best friend is fine. The doctors said so. I myself saw her. She's recovering Lan."

"But I want to see her", Landon said sadly.

"She's asleep. That's what I was trying to tell you. Uncle Seb gave clear instructions to not disturb her", Dean informed while continuing to caress his cheeks.

Landon's face fell, he looked down nodding. "Alright."

Dean could see his mood not improve and he knew it won't until he sees her. He stared at his face and couldn't help but have his sudden urge to do something for him.

"Okay hear me out. We brothers are taking turns one by one monitoring her in the room. One at a time. It's Char's turn right now. I'll go next and take you with me. What do you say?", Dean asked with a small smile.

Landon's face lightened immediately. "Really? You would?"

Dean nods. "Obviously."

"Thank you!", Landon gratefully out his arms around Dean and pulled him into a hug.

"Feeling better now?", Dean asked with a smile patting Landon's cheek once they pulled back.

"Very", Landon replied with a sigh.

Standing so close to each other Landon noticed Dean staring at his face as if trying to memorize all his features- correction- admire all his features with deep interest.

"What?", Landon questioned when he wouldn't stop staring at him.

Dean shakes his head with a sigh. "Nothing. Just..you worry so much. Makes me feel like I have to lock you somewhere in order to protect you."

Landon raised an eyebrow. "You wanna lock me somewhere so that I don't worry?"

Dean shrugs. "Away from all eyes. Just for me."

Landon shakes his head pushing him away teasingly. "You're flirting with me while I'm worried about my best friend?"

"She's my sister also you know?", Dean smirked.

"Whatever", Landon rolled his eyes.

"Aw look at you", Dean teased pulling his cheeks.

Landon slaps his hands away with an unpleased frown. "Jerk."

"Bitch", Dean smirked.

Landon stared at his boyfriend for a long second before he started chuckling. Dean grinned pulling the guy absolutely close to him leaving no room and started pecking him all over his face showering his fondness. Landon tried his best to push him away blushing too much.

"I hate you", Landon whines.

"No you don't", Dean smirked leaning down to kiss his nose.

"I will if you don't let me go", Landon warned even though he secretly liked being this way with Dean.

"I'll risk it", Dean shrugs.

Landon smiled wide as he leaned forward to kiss Dean. It was a soft and meaningful intimate moment for both of them.

"This. This smile. I don't want to see anything else on your face Lan. Never stop smiling", Dean whispered softly feeling better now that he successfully managed to improve Landon's mood from earlier.

Landon smiled softly. "You too."

They press their forehead together and exhale deeply into each other's embrace. The only peace and happiness they needed was right here with each other.

"Who did this to her?", Landon asked after some time of silence.

Dean pulled back to look at him and reply. "Carlos. Member of the same gang that beat my younger brothers at school some time ago. He got caught thanks to Leah. Dad and Theo are giving him the best of our treatment in the cell."

Landon nods satisfactorily. "Good."

Dean's jaw clenched shaking his head. "God I hate just sitting here Lan. I want to walk up to that cell and kill that man myself. He attacked Leah with glass. Can you believe it? She was bleeding from her forehead when I saw her."

Landon frowned sharing the anger, but even then rubbing Dean's arm comfortingly.

"You should have seen everyone's reaction when she fell off the stairs along with that bastard. Grace and our fathers screamed so loudly it was hard to even look at them. My younger brothers were on the verge of tears when she passed out on the floor. Everyone was so scared."

"My heart dropped Lan. I felt so cold and helpless when I saw her bleeding and lying there vulnerable. I couldn't even protect her", Dean's voice broke as he narrated his feelings to Landon.

Landon felt horrible seeing him like that. He was so focused into his own anxiety that he didn't even pause to think about his best friend's very own brother. He felt like a bad boyfriend.

Dean has never talked about his feelings on his own. The fact that he initiated it himself to Landon was a growth on his part. Mostly because he felt calm and comfortable when he was around this guy who he knew he can trust to vent out.

"Hey", Landon whispered sadly.

Dean leaned even more close to him and buried his face into Landon's neck. Landon's right hand moves up to comb his fingers through Dean's hair fully aware that it would help comforting him while his left hand tightly hugs his back.

They stayed there for sometime seeking comfort with each other before deciding to head back outside where everyone else was.

Owen hadn't left Grace's side. She wouldn't stop crying and worrying about her little sister and Owen knew he needs to be there for her.

They sat side by side and Owen glanced at Grace's beautiful face which was now tear stricken. They hadn't talked much after they decided to take it slow. They didn't get a chance. But at this moment neither one cared about that and was trying to find comfort in each other's company.

Owen put his hand on Grace's and pressed it. She looked down on her lap and without a word she raised her hand, along with Owen, and kissed his knuckles. In her own way she was being grateful for his presence here.

Owen's heart warmed up. He pulled her immediately into a hug. Grace choked out a sob burying her face in his chest.

"I'm here and never leaving you. Everything will be okay", Owen whispered honestly in her ear.

Grace hugged him even more tight hoping he understands how much that means to her since she wasn't in a condition to manage words out of her mouth.

He understood.
.
.
.

Since the doctor had provided them with good news the atmosphere was better than before. Tension had reduced a lot though not fully gone.

Sebastian with the help of Rowan had successfully managed to convince David to accompany him to his office so that they can have a cup of coffee since neither were in the mood for breakfast.

They both sat next to each other on the couch away from the desk and chairs occupying the opposite side of the office.

Comfortable silence filled the air as those two sip their coffee without disturbance. Sebastian kept glancing at David wondering what was going on in his mind. He knew there was something.

Even though David had broken his silence in relief after the doctor gave them positive news on their daughter's condition he still was suspiciously quiet and keeping to himself most of the time.

"You okay?", Sebastian asked softly.

David took a few seconds before answering. "No."

Sebastian sighed putting away his coffee cup and turning to face David. "I know you're worried about her. Probably shaken up from last night's events too. I want to tell you everything will be okay. I promise."

David paused, his hand freezes mid air, his coffee cup next to his lips. He slowly turns his head to Sebastian with a blank look on his face. Without a word he stared at him as if debating with himself to say something or not. Guess he decided the latter as he resumed his drink later.

Sebastian knew for sure something is going on in his mind. He can tell for sure because he knows David now. They've spent enough time together to understand each other well.

"Talk to me", Sebastian sighed.

"What do want me to say?", David asked.

"What's going on in your mind?", Sebastian asked finally.

David put away his coffee on the centre table like Sebastian and looked at him. "You really wanna know what's on my mind? I'll tell you."

He continued without a response, his tone raising with each sentence. "I'm wondering what have I gotten my kids and myself into. I'm imagining how much worse last night could have been. My mind's showing me my life's past month's experiences over and over again like it's a repeat telecast of some god forsaken thriller movie. I'm thinking about the people who are trying to kill our family!"

Sebastian was not one bit surprised at David's anger and frustration. He was expecting it for a long time now. It was a only matter of time before David's patience and tolerance pushed past it's limits.

"I'm so done and tired Sebastian! I'm physically, mentally and emotionally fucking exhausted! I can't take it anymore! How many more times am I gonna have to go through these things I hate so much! What have I done to deserve these times in my life?"

"I'm always on edge thinking of the worse scenario everytime when one of our kids doesn't pick up my calls! I'm in a place where I double check my surroundings when I'm merely sitting in my office! My anxiety reaches it's peak when I see any strange looking person in a cafe!"

"Now I'm afraid of my own fucking shadow Sebastian!", David started screaming his heart out losing control of his emotions.

It was all in pressure which had resulted in David spitting out honest facts that he had managed to hide from his love with the sole purpose of not wanting to add more to the already stressed and tension filled ongoing days of their life.

"How long have you been feeling this way?", Sebastian asked quietly.

David's eyes that were filled with tears during his outburst stared at the man sitting next to him with a strong emotion. "Since the day Grace and I were attacked in my own house. The second time attack where Leah was the one in target."

Sebastian heart dropped. For so many days this man that he loves so much has been under so much stress and he didn't even notice. Either David had a talent for acting or Sebastian was a horrible man for not noticing.

"David are you- what- why didn't you tell me?!", Sebastian demanded in shock.

"I didn't want to burden you", David replied looking away fiddling with his fingers.

"Burden- Burden me!? Are you serious? When have I ever made you feel like you couldn't share your feelings with me? Have I been that stupid and clueless? What made you believe your stress will be a burden to me?", Sebastian said flabbergasted.

David exhaled closing his eyes, burying his face in his hands.

"David", Sebastian called.

David sighs looking down. "You can't blame me for being overwhelmed with all this that's happening over here."

"Did I blame you? Heck I fully comprehend your feelings at the moment", Sebastian replied.

"No you don't. I'm sorry, but I don't think you do", David looked at him. "You were born into this life and were prepared for it. I'm not."

"You think I was prepared to be kept as a pet hostage for a decade watching my sons grow up in a dingy cell?", Sebastian said sharply.

David flinched.

"You think my boys were prepared to watch each other or their old man get beaten up a day every week like the release of the most awaited episode of a freaking thriller show?", Sebastian stated.

"Don't please", David said uncomfortably, his heart started beating quickly hearing those things.

Since the day he's been told of what and all Sebastian has had to go through in his past he's been even more afraid.

"I'm not trying to scare you more. I'm telling you that I understand what sacrifices this job entails", Sebastian said softly.

"And I'm acknowledging that without trying to in any way finite or overlook your pain Seb. But you still can't deny you were brought up in this environment while I was...", David trailed off.

"Forced into it?", Sebastian continued for him.

"I didn't say that", David whispered.

"Doesn't matter. You meant it", Sebastian said.

David didn't reply and his silence came as a deep hit to Sebastian. He felt an unknown fear in his heart now.

"What do you want David?", Sebastian questioned.

For a few minutes David didn't reply. Sebastian thought he wouldn't when he finally did.

"I..I-I think I should- I mean my daughters and I should take a break from..all this", David said nervously not looking at Sebastian.

"What do you mean?", Sebastian asked quietly.

Fiddling with his fingers David continued. "While waiting for the doctor to give us a report on Leah's health I took my time thinking about this. I've noticed Grace being very much affected by these events. Emotionally and mentally. Her condition is somewhat worse that me. I can't see her like that, she's my baby. I want her away from all this."

"Leah without any reason should be far away from these people who are behind like a predator hunting it's prey on target", David explained.

Sebastian swallowed away the words that were ready to come out of his mouth. He didn't want to say anything without thinking first, but he won't deny that David's words came as a hit to him.

David turned towards Sebastian when he didn't reply. "It's not about you Seb. I-I...you don't know how hard it is for me to even make this decision. I don't wish to be away from you, but my daughters are my responsibility. I can't risk them anymore than I already have."

"You wanna break up?", Sebastian asked clearly not wanting to go about in circles.

"What? No", David said in shock.

"But you want a break?", Sebastian asked.

"Yeah until all this settles. Not a break from you!", David frowned, shocked that Sebastian would even consider something like that.

A sense of relief filled Sebastian at those words. He feared David wished to leave him after all this. Though he couldn't blame the latter if he did. But bottom line was David didn't.

"You can't leave", Sebastian sighs.

"Why not? We have to. You don't understand", David frowned.

"You just can't", Sebastian said with a finality as he stood up and walked towards the window.

"Why? You can't decide that for me Seb", David said firmly.

"I can and you will not. It's final. Don't argue with me on this", Sebastian said looking outside.

"Excuse me?", David said in disbelief.

"You can't escape this man. The safest you will be is here around us. Under our protection. We can't- I can't risk you not being in front of my eyes", Sebastian replied softly.

"Sure. Your protection is what's stopped me from getting ambushed three times right? Twice inside a 'safely protected' bloody house", David grit angrily.

A painful stab in Sebastian's heart had him almost lose his breath. It's not like he didn't know they've failed in keeping David and his daughter safe on multiple occasions, but hearing it from his love himself was whole other level hurtful.

"We reached you on time and- ", Sebastian was cut off.

"Oh should I be thankful for that? Sebastian should I be grateful that I'm alive right now?", David scoffs in disbelief.

Sebastian didn't reply as his eyes closed wanting to tune it all out. He still didn't face David because he couldn't.

"I am grateful for what your family has done for us. What you've done for us. But this too much Sebastian. I can't handle this anymore. You realise I'm a normal man who's founded a fashion company for a living? I've achieved my dream after years of hardwork? I lived with my two beautiful daughters, the family I built for myself? The ones I've lived a peaceful life with all these years? You understand how this must be for me?", David asked sadly.

"I understand. In true sense I do. But I still won't let you leave", Sebastian said sternly.

David shakes his head in frustration. "Then try stopping me. Because now I definitely am leaving."

Sebastian turned to look at him. "Leah's in a hospital bed. Are you serious?"

"She's stable. The doctor said she needs rest and we can take her home after today", David replied.

"What about the threat on her? You think those people won't come at her at your house when they so easily managed to in mine?", Sebastian scoffs.

"Who said I'm taking them to my place? I'm leaving LA Sebastian", David declared.

Sebastian stared at the guy in shock. "You're leaving LA?"

"I have no choice. I gotta get far away from these enemies of yours", David shrugs.

"You have a choice. Stay with us and we look after you", Sebastian grit.

"I've made my decision. If I don't leave now I'll regret it later when something worse happens", David shakes his head walking towards the door.

Sebastian abruptly marches towards David and grabs him by his elbow and turns him rather forcefully to make him face himself.

"You think last night's attack was on Leah? IT WAS ON YOU! THEY WANT YOU!", Sebastian yelled angrily.

"That intruder was in your room ready to kill you! You realise what that means? Luca's plan? You are not fucking going anywhere away from me because I WON'T LOSE YOU NO MATTER WHAT!", Sebastian shouts his heart out.

David started at him in shock. Not surprised at the outburst but surely at the words.

"You can hate me all you want, but you, especially you will not leave this place. Break up with me for all I care. I will lock you up in a house if I have to but I'll keep you safe", Sebastian said in a strained voice, tears forming in his eyes.

David's face softened, he reaches out and holds Sebastian's wrist. "Seb- ",

"Man what a beautiful emotional scene that was. I'm in near tears", A voice cuts off David's.

Sebastian and David look around in shock at the so called empty office. They couldn't see anyone and yet they both heard a male voice.

"Who's that?", Sebastian demanded in a stern voice while walking towards the desk to check under them while David looked behind the couch.

David in confusion turned back around when he found no one there just in time to see an unknown man, armed and geared in black try sneaking behind Sebastian who's back was to him.

His heart almost lept out of his chest at the sudden appearance of a human in the office they thought was empty. It should have been, no one enters the higher rank member's room without permission.

Well except those who don't work for the mafia apparently.

"Sebastian!", David calls out in alarm.

Hearing David's panicked voice Sebastian turns his head to look behind him, but meets with a big metal rod that connects his head in a way that sends waves of pain across his brain followed by momentary dizziness.

"NO!", A horrified David rushed forward to help but somehow gets pulled back.

He looks behind himself in shock to find two more men standing just behind him. How the hell did they appear out of nowhere was the million dollar question!

One of the two men quickly restricts David's movements by cuffing his hands behind his back ironically in police style. Other one ties a cloth around a struggling David's mouth to shut him and avoid inviting anyone from outside the room.

Sebastian groans in pain and he grabs the edge of the desk tightly holding himself up and gasping for breath while trying to look past the dizziness.

He didn't wait long enough to feel alright as he turned around to find those intruders pull away David forcefully to the end wall of the office. He immediately moved forward trying to ignore the hot wet liquid on his scalp and hair.

Before he could take a few steps he was kicked at the back of his knee causing him to loose balance and fall on his front side on the floor.

The man who hit him with a rod walks around him to reveal himself. He points a gun towards Sebastian with a sick smirk on his face.

"You're at my mercy Sebastian Kingston. I'd kill you right this second.. but I won't because that'll be an unforgivable crime which will give your people a motive to come at the Italian mafia. And of course I'm not about to face repercussions for killing a former Don."

Sebastian tried to focus his eyes on a struggling David who's face was full of panic and fear, though even his eyes were on Sebastian.

He was trying to say something but all that reached Sebastian's ears were muffled yells and incoherent words due to the cloth tied around his mouth.

"Let's go! We have him", The man holding David's upper arm barked.

The guy with a pointed gun on Sebastian grinned and walked away not before sending a mock salute to him.

Sebastian tried standing up, but his breath got caught in his lungs and he was hardly able to keep his eyes open. He watched as the three men opened a secret entryway that was supposed to be sealed earlier.

"Oh and one more thing", The same guy stops and looks back. "From what we heard a few minutes ago it sounds like Carlos failed to do his job but atleast it resulted in admitting the mafia princess into a hospital with injuries. So I would say it wasn't a total bust", He winked tauntingly.

Two men climb through the open space first followed by the third one trying to push David next who stumbled in his step but didn't take his eyes off Sebastian.

Sebastian even in his helpless state saw the tears in David's eyes which made him upset and gave him strength to once more try to stand up.

David yelled something to Sebastian in a muffled voice before the guy successfull managed to push him through the small door like thing. He left after him without sparing another look behind him and shutting the secret passage.

Sebastian watched the love of his life been taken away in front of his own eyes and did not miss what David tried to tell him in the end which sounded a lot like an 'I love you."

This time he couldn't stop himself as his eyes shut in their own accord. It was like his brain was just screaming him to give up the fight. That's what he did. He passed out in his office.

Another half hour had passed before someone came looking for Sebastian and David. Reason was Leah. She had finally woken up so Weston was looking around trying to find the fathers to inform them that their daughter's awake.

Weston knocks on Sebastian's door. "Dad you in there? Leah's awake."

Sebastian still passed out on the floor having bleed quite a lot from his head injury wasn't replying.

"Dad?", Weston called out after waiting for a reply.

He opens the door to check in confusion as Uncle Rowan had told him they both had gone to wait in the office.

The door opens and Weston's curious eyes scanned the room before landing on the ground on his father. His eyes went wide.

"DAD!", He yelled at the top of his voice in fear rushing to him.

Unsurprisingly the yell was heard by everyone on that floor as the door was open and Weston was pretty loud. Harry came rushing to check what's wrong as his office is just couple rooms down.

He saw a distraught Weston hovering over a bleeding unconscious Sebastian and his heart stopped for a second. He saw his Don like that. His Don.

"Shit!", Harry muttered before running out to find Rowan.

Soon enough most of the family including a few mafia members came running to Sebastian's office.

"Dad? Dad! Wake up!", Weston worriedly kept patting his father's cheek while carefully pressing his jacket on his father's wound.

Rowan ran in panicking first followed by Theo. They rushed to Sebastian's unoccupied side. The boys who weren't with Leah in her room froze at the door staring at Sebastian.

"Seb!", Rowan shakes him in alarm and gets cold when he doesn't get any reaction off his brother.

"He's not waking up. I tried uncle", Weston spoke in a wavering voice, his eyes fixed on his father.

"Theo get some water", Rowan orders.

Theo ran towards the desk and grabbed a glass of water and without a word started splashing some on Sebastian. Weston kept tapping his father's cheeks.

"Dad? Dad!", Weston's fear was spiking. Though the first thing he checked were his pulse and they were still there.

Sebastian slowly opened his eyes thanks to the continuous non-stop water attacks on his face by his eldest nephew. When he did open his eyes looking around, his face scrunched up as if pain the boys who were at the door ran in.

"Dad?", Brody whispered emotionally.

Within a day two of their family members were attacked. The family was more vulnerable than ever.

Sebastian groans taking deep breaths looking around. His hand reached up to hold Weston's who he saw was panicking. He nods slowly at his son trying to indicate his okay.

"Grab him. Arrange a doctor", Rowan orders to no one in particular.

Emmett sprang up and ran out of the room.

"Rowan", Sebastian choked out moving his other hand to his brother who caught it without thinking.

"Yes brother. I'm right here", Rowan assured, trying to stay strong.

"D-David- Dave", Sebastian started coughing profusely.

Rowan in realisation looked around the room and frowned. "He was with you, right?"

The boys all look around in confusion.

"They took him", Sebastian cried.

"What? Who took him?", Rowan asked in alarm.

.
.

Leah sighs looking around at the white room she's grown to dislike. White is known to be a colour of calm but this wasn't calming her, infact annoying her. It was tooo white.

She made a mental note to bring this up with her brothers. Hospital needs a desparate make over.

"Are you sure they caught him?", She asked once again.

"How many times stupid? Yes they caught him", Jamie rolled his eyes.

Jamie, Chase and Troy hadn't left her side almost feeling too responsible for her being the 'older' brothers. They were here not aware of what's going on in the next building.

"Where's everyone else? Tired of waiting for me to wake up?", Leah joked.

"Yep. You took your sweet time so they ended up getting back to work", Chase shrugs. "You know more important stuff."

Leah narrowed her eyes at him while Jamie laughs and Troy rolled his eyes displeased even though it was a joke.

"They're here somewhere", Troy replied. "No one would leave until we got some news on you."

"Aw", Leah pouts dramatically.

Her brothers raise an eyebrow in amusement.

"What? I'm on meds guys so my attitude is weak", Leah rolled her eyes.

"Or you're just a soft person", Chase shrugged.

"...You take that back", Leah threatened.

Chase grinned. Troy grimaced. Jamie chuckled.

Another ten minutes of waiting and Leah was getting restless for some reason. She wanted to see everyone. It was weird because she never felt so anxious before anytime in her life.

"Call everyone once will you? I just wanna see them", Leah asked softly.

"Okay I'll be back", Jamie stood up and walked out.

Troy moves his hand over her head in soft motions comforting her. Leah smiled at him.

After a few minutes the door opened and Weston, Theo, Emmett, Charlie walked in. They had a fake smile plastered up on their face not because they didn't want to see Leah, but cause they didn't want her to know what happened to her fathers. Both of them.

"Hey! Finally! Where were you guys?", Leah smiled.

"Oh preparing for a welcome party at home", Charlie smiled weakly.

"Yeah? I want Harry Potter theme", Leah grinned.

"Goes without saying", Theo said softly.

"Oh way to ruin the surprise guys", Emmett chuckled nervously.

Weston walked up to Leah's side, opposite to Troy and smiled down at her. He caressed her cheek looking her up and down as if trying to assure himself she was okay.

Atleast someone is.

"How you feeling?", Weston asked with a pale face but a small smile.

"Like I could kick some asses. Most probably our brothers who aren't here to see me", Leah grinned.

Weston smiled emotionally shaking his head and combing his hand through her hair when Troy stopped. Leah stared at his face and her own smile falters.

"Are you okay?", Leah asked.

Weston caught off guard managed to smile. "Yeah of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Theo stared at Wes sadly. He wanted to be there for him knowing he's on the verge of losing it.

"No you're not", Leah smiled in confusion. "You're..sad?"

"No I'm not Leah. Why would I be? Infact I'm so happy you're okay. The doctor said we can take you home now. Plenty of rest he said for you which I'm damn sure you won't like. Right?", Weston chuckled nervously.

Everyone looked at Weston with a sad face, except Chase and Troy who were not sure what was going on.

"What's going on Wes?", Leah asked slowly.

Weston swallows hardly and looks around at others wondering what to say.

"Nothing Leah. He's just- He was just worried too much about you. Everyone was. So.. it's kinda a gloomy day for us", Theo smiled weakly.

Leah nods in understanding. "Hey it's okay. I'm alright. You just said it. Stop worrying. You'll get early wrinkles", She said to Weston.

Weston chuckled emotionally and leaned down to hug his sister not able to help it. He wanted to tell her that her Papa is lying couple rooms down the hall while her Dad is nowhere to be found because he got kidnapped.

But he just couldn't. He didn't have the courage to risk her health where she's supposed to be resting.

Leah hugged Wes with a confused smile. She liked the hug but she knew something was up. Her brothers are not that emotional..well they are but they never show it like this. Like.. vulnerability.

Charlie moved his hand in a circular motion on Weston's back trying to not lose it himself. Troy and Chase convinced something is wrong look at Theo and Emmett hoping to figure out.

"You sure you're okay?", Leah couldn't help but ask.

"Uh huh. Really good", Weston smiled pulling back.

They knew they can't lie forever. She's bound to know the second David or Sebastian's not available to come see her. But at the moment it was harder than anything else to reveal this to her.

"Where is everyone else?", Leah asked not convinced.

"Um..Dean is in his office with our father. An urgent matter came up and uh..they are working there", Theo replied, not telling the part where the security cameras were being checked again and again.

"Brody and Grace are somewhere here. I sent um..Jamie to find them", Emmett added.

That's it. Leah knew for sure something was wrong. Grace and Brody would never leave her side and she was sure of it. They won't just randomly walk around the base. Grace surely won't because she still is not used to the whole mafia thing.

"Landon and Owen?", Leah asked skeptically.

"Working with Dean and Uncle Rowan", Charlie answered with a smile.

"Okay..what about Dad and Papa?", Leah questions.

The most dreaded question came up. The one thing no one was prepared to answer. Weston looked away. Charlie took a few steps back.

"Oh my god. Enough questions little one. Just rest for some time", Theo sad with a wide smile. "This is not an interrogation. The doctor's gonna whoop our asses if he finds out you're not sleeping right now."

"Yeah come on boys. Let her sleep", Emmett gestured everyone to leave the room.

Charlie and Theo were the first to leave. Almost abruptly. Chase followed in confusion before sending a small smile Leah's way.

Emmett stared at Weston with a worried look. Wes leans down and kissed Leah's forehead assuring her he'll be back soon and walking out before she could say something.

Emmett gulped watching Weston leave with tears in his eyes which fortunately no one else noticed. Then his eyes met Troy's who was wondering why they had to leave. He didn't want to. But he also wanted to know what was up with everyone.

Anyway, he quickly pecked Leah's cheek before following others out of the room.

"Get some rest princess. We're just outside. No one's leaving you okay?", Emmett said softly before closing the door.

It wasn't like Leah's brothers wanted to leave her alone in her room. They just didn't have the strength to stay there staring at her and not able to say the truth. Also, they had to find David and take care of Sebastian.

Leah stared at the door with a deep frown. Something was up and she was gonna find out what.

She didn't have to wait long because a few minutes later her phone started ringing which Troy had left for her on her bed, next to her, in case she got bored.

She glanced at the screen to find an unknown number being flashed on it. Not thinking much about it because her mind was already filled with other curiosities, she picked up the call.

"Hello?", She spoke.

"Well well well. How's the little patient doing? Feeling better yet?", Luca's smug voice comes through.

It took a second for Leah to figure out who it was. Her whole demeanor shifted to anger hearing that bastard's voice.

"Aw no response?", Luca continued when she didn't speak. "I understand you must be angry with me, am I right?"

"What the fuck do you want?", Leah demanded.

"Oooo someone's snappy", Luca chuckled amused. "Well that's expected from someone who just lost a father, right?"

In alarm Leah sprang up from laying back on the hospital bed.

"What?", She grit.

"Oh..wait a minute. You don't know?", Luca asked genuinely surprised for a moment before laughing. "Oh man your family must really love you if they care enough to not tell you something."

Leah's eyes went towards the door where some time ago her brothers walked out. She knew something was up. She was sure.

"Okay I'll tell you because I care about you", Luca said mockingly. "I wanna introduce to my very new hostage. Your father, the precious David Stevenson is my very new guest."

Leah's heart beat rapidly in her chest. She almost dropped the phone.

No..he could be lying. She knew this man was a piece of shit. He must be lying.

"Wanna know how you can get him back?", Luca asked in a devilish way.

For a long minute Leah was silent. A lot of thoughts were wandering in her mind. If she chose not to believe Luca then how will she explain her brother's behaviours.

Why is David not here? He's the most protective one when it comes to Leah and she knows that.

She also wouldn't put it past Luca to do something like that. He was desperately trying to do something or the other for a while now not backing off.

"What do you want?", Leah grit angrily.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter?

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709K 16.3K 73
Book 1 of the 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 series {Duology} 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...
128K 3.6K 50
Everything seemed to be going well for the King family. All kids were happy, heathy, and cared for. Until one day the King's princess was taken from...
366K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
81K 2K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...