The Silent Fighter

By lovers_love_

Sara Lloyd wasn't your typical high schooler, and not the one you'd want to mess with either. Damon, on the o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Madeline
Book Trailer!
Madeline has been removed!!

Chapter 36

7.1K 253 6
By lovers_love_

Chapter Thirty-Six

Sara's POV

Spring break began that weekend, which was the last one in March. For some reason, our school was really late on our breaks, but ya know.

"I've got a surprise for you over the break," Damon says as we walk to his car.

"Really? What is it?" I ask, suddenly enthusiastic and excited.

"Well it wouldn't be surprise if I told you, now would it?" Damon chuckles, making me shoot him a playful glare.

Basically, the entire weekend, we hung out at my house, or his house. We would either watch a movie or some of Law and Order, which he had an addiction to, but I definitely didn't get tired of being around him.

"Guess what?" Damon squeezes his arm that was around my waist as we laid on his bed and watched tv.

"What?" I ask, half asleep.

"You're surprise begins tomorrow," Damon whispers. I shoot up from his arms and look at him with wide eyes and a big grin.

"What's the plan?" I ask, resting my elbows next to him.

"Well, tomorrow after I take you to lunch, I'll take you to your surprise," he says vaguely.

I squint glare at him, making him smirk and kiss my head. "You're no fun."

Damon scoffs. "I'm the funnest guy you've met."

"And not the sharpest, apparently," I poke his nose make him wrinkle it. "Funnest isn't a word."

"Well it is now," Damon states confidently with a sassy tone, making me roll my eyes.

***

The doorbell rang I got up from my bed and padded to the door.

"Yes?" I ask, rubbing my eyes as I open the door. My hair was probably in every-which direction, my shirt was probably up and down in awkward places, and I felt one sweat pant leg hitched up just below my knee.

"Well, good morning, sunshine," Damon laughs. He takes his phone from his pocket, glancing at it before shoving it back. "It's almost eleven, crazy head."

"Time is a man made thing- so on and so forth- some fancy quote that contradicts whatever you just said," I mumble, leaving the door open for him to come in as I walk to the kitchen, stretching along the way.

"What do you think you're doing?" Damon asks I grab the cereal from the shelf in the pantry.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I snap back, grumpy from my morning state.

"Sara," Damon whines. "I'm taking you to lunch, remember? Then the surprise!"

I groan as I reluctantly throw the cereal back into the pantry and walk past Damon to my room. He follows and watches in disapproval as I sit on the bed.

"Do I have to do everything for you?" He teases. I just stare at him and nod, making him chuckle and shake his head before he walks to my closet. He comes out with a pair of denim shorts, and a band t-shirt. "Put these on, and get ready! I'll be back in here to help you pack."

"Pack?" I ask just as he closes the door, receiving no answer. I sigh and pick up the clothes, quickly changing into them before walking into my bathroom to wash my face and put on some thin eyeliner and mascara.

"Sara? Are you decent?" Damon asks through the door.

"Yeah," I say as I sit on my bed. "What did you mean by pack?"

"Well your surprise isn't exactly here in Chicago," Damon trails off. "Putting that slightly off for now, where is your suitcase?"

"Don't have one," I shrug, making his jaw drop. "If you haven't noticed, I don't really have time to travel, and really no reason to."

Damon sighs, shaking his head. "You poor, poor girl. You're lucky I have an extra in my car."

I gape at him. "How do you carry extra everything around? Do you have any room in that car to have extra anything else?"

"Whatever," he laughs. "I'll be back." He leaves the room and then returns with a plain black suitcase. "I'll pack what I know you'll be needing, then you can pack whatever else you'll need."

I nod and watch as he walks into my closet, bringing out a couple pair of clothing, folding them, and putting them into the suitcase.

"Do you have a bathing suit?" he asks.

"I wore it when I was like 12, so I guess not," I laugh. "We could always buy one from wherever we're going."

"Yeah, okay," he says. Then he walks into my closet grabbing three pairs of shoes which included flip flops, some flats, and converse. I snatched the converse, slipping them into my feet. "I think that's all I needed to pack you. Grab toiletries, underwear, and all that stuff for a four night trip. We'll be back Friday afternoon." My eyes widen in bewilderment. Four days?

"Aye aye, Captain," I fake salute, making him roll his eyes before he walks out of my room. I huff and go back and forth between the bathroom, grabbing needed and 'just-in-case' items, before grabbing underwear and pajamas. I zip up the large suitcase with some difficulty due to the massive amount of articles it held. I ended up having to sit on it just to get the cover to stay down.

I sigh as I succeed before reaching down to pick it up. My attempts were feeble, and let's not forget slightly- no- extremely painful.

"Damon, help," I call out. Damon's figure appears in the doorway, watching as I pointlessly try to pick up the suitcase. He chuckles and walks over to me, picking up the suitcase with ease as he raises an eyebrow at me. "Whatever. I helped."

"It's not like opening a pickle jar, Sara," he says after he throws his head back in laughter. "Let's get going. We've got quite a week ahead of us."

I follow him to his car, grabbing the house keys and locking the door behind me. I pull out my phone and call Joshua.

"Hello?"

"Hey, J. Damon decided he wanted to-"

"Take you on a four day trip?" He interrupts.

"Uh, yeah," I trail off. "I'm guessing he told you, huh?"

"Yep. We already got Madeline's clothes when he told us, so we've got it all handled. Have a good trip and I'll see you when you get back, alright? I love you."

"Love you, too," I say, still taken back by the fact that Damon had this trip way beyond planned.

I got into the running car, where Damon was waiting with a smug grin.

"You're one slick devil, aren't you?" I joke, making him chuckle and give the 'maybe so' shrug.

"You ready for this?" Damon asks, holding his hand out on the console.

"Born ready," I smile, taking his hand.

***

After we ate lunch, Damon told me that we were headed to an airport. It had been so long since I had been on one. I honestly forgot how all of it was like.

Damon, luckily, was observant enough to see that I was basically oblivious to the entire system and helped me through it. Now we had boarded the plane and we're listening to the flight attendant giving directions in case of a crash, which was made me a bit nervous.

"You'll be fine, babe," Damon smiles, patting my hand. Babe? I don't mind it, but he really hadn't called me that before. I just nod and try to return his smile.

"Departure for Austin, Texas in five minutes," the attendant says over the P.A. I look over at Damon who's already smiling at me.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, this your pilot," the voice changes. "Please buckle in your seat belts, and enjoy the flight. We'll be in Austin, Texas in approximately 2 hours."

I sigh as I feel the plane begin to move, feeling Damon squeeze my hand.

"Hey, you might want some of this," Damon says, handing me a stick of gum. I furrow my eyebrows. He points to my ears. "Pressure."

I nod and start chewing the gum. Taking deep breaths, I look over at Damon, watching how he prepares for take off and mimicking him.

This shouldn't be too bad huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 0 27
Lindsey Mathews was just a teen and lives with her dad. Until she meets Dylan she thinks hes a FBI like he said he was but it turns out hes not. Then...
1M 22.3K 48
Every Story can be told differently, but that doesn't mean its the truth. This is Sara Edwards and trust me its the truth, filled with lies and betra...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
549 3 50
Between her alcoholic mother, depressed father, and traumatized little sister, Wren's life is falling apart, but her friends are there for her to hel...