Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(54) Apologise

3.3K 246 51
By _crazy_hooman_

Leah's POV:

"Leah go!"

"No! Levi is in there!"

"I said leave! It's an order!"

"Screw your order Sam!"

I sighed before splashing water on my face trying to wipe out not just my face but also the night's events.

But when is it really that easy.

That scene when Sam ordered me to leave awhile the mission just kept playing in my mind non-stop like a broken record. I wasn't able to think of anything else. I realised I may have screwed up once again without realising it. Maybe I realised it..but only when it was too late.

Apparently I wasn't the only one. Wes and Theo haven't said a word to me since we left the base and drove back home late at night. Infact hardly anyone talked to me after Sam's fiasco.

Owen just left as if he remembered some important business to attend to rather than talk to me. Landon wasn't there tonight but I'm sure he's already been informed of what went down there. The fact that he hasn't called me after my mission is enough for me to decipher his thoughts on it. He always calls or comes to see me in person after my missions.

I walk out of the bathroom and grabbed a towel from the closet and wiped my face.

When my brothers and I came back home we were greeted by the rest of my brothers who themselves had been to different missions like me to the places from the list Sam talked about. They wished to know all details of what went down there since they already knew Luca was there. Our elder brothers took it upon themselves to explain them and I excused myself to come up to my room.

I know everyone's going to be angry. We specifically get instructions to follow instructions. My brothers may be rule breakers themselves but when it comes to dangerous missions they tend to not overrule their leader. Atleast so far they haven't got into trouble for insubordination no matter how they enjoy breaking rules.

It's me. I'm the only one here who's done so not once, not twice, but more than that. I really am reckless.

Knowing I can't hide anymore in my room with the intention to avoid my family I decided to go down. Dinner was due and I'm hungry as well. So I brace myself, took a deep breath and went to the kitchen.

Everyone was there and they all look at me when I walk in, but something was not as I expected.

"Leah! Come on in!", Jamie welcomed.

"We were waiting for you only", Dean smiled.

"You must be starving princess. I'll serve you", Dad said fondly.

I almost froze there. This is so not what I thought I was going to be greeted with.

Papa and Uncle Rowan were chatting and laughing looking at Brody trying to get the pasta sauce off his chin, but ending up getting it all over his face. Most of my brothers were self serving their plates obviously hungry.

"Leah? You okay?", Grace asked curiously staring at me.

Everyone stops what they were doing to look at me.

"Huh?", I said.

"Are you okay? You look..pale", Grace noted.

I blink my eyes, my hand going up to my face and my fingers randomly rubbing my nose or my forehead consciously.

"Your feeling okay honey?", Papa asked in concern.

"Got a headache or something? I reckon you haven't had anything to eat after lunch?", Uncle Rowan asked.

I see Dad looking at me with his usual overly concern. His forehead all creased up in worry.

"Of course", Troy broke the silence causing a few heads to turn to him. "Dad she's stressed. Luca wasn't caught today."

It took a second for me to understand what Troy said. His expressions were no less than of sympathy for me.

"Oh Leah", Emmett smiled sadly.

Charlie walks up to me and sighs. "I get it. You're not feeling too good right now. But today wasn't a failure Leah, we made some progress", He said with a small smile.

"Yeah dude. We didn't catch him today, but we will tomorrow", Brody nods encouragingly.

"Don't stress too much. Luca can't hide for long", Dean winked.

I snap out of my shock and nod slowly still not understanding what's going on. Charlie smiled as he hugged me. My arms went around him and my eyes search the room for two people who haven't said a word.

There they were. From over Charlie's shoulder I see Theo and Wes standing against the dishwasher machine silently sharing and eating pasta from one bowl avoiding contact with me.

I stare at them as Charlie pulled me inside. I took a seat next to Troy and Dad put a plate of food in front of me. Everyone went back to their own conversations like earlier.

Almost as if they felt like I wouldn't stop they lock eyes with me. I was so curious as to why they didn't tell everyone about my fiasco back there.

They gave me a hard stare before going back to eating from the bowl. After a few seconds Grace went to them with a big plate of garlic bread snapping me out to look back into my plate before anyone notices something weird.

Troy nudges me making me look at him. "Are you really okay?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"Why are you not eating?", He asked lowly.

"I am", I said quietly and picked up a fork.

The dinner was not so pleasant for me. I mean the food was awesome as usual. Dad and Grace overdid themselves like always. But what disturbed me all along was Theo and Wes. They conveniently avoided me all the time. It wasn't like I put any effort to talk to them, but I noticed they spoke to everyone but me.

Papa did notice something I think. There was a moment when I saw him looking at me and those two for a long time with a curious expression.

Luckily I was able to excuse myself after dinner and the movie night following it as planned by my cousins. I headed up the stairs with the excuse of being tired and wanting to go to sleep.

As I took a right turn towards the corridor of all our rooms I was caught off guard with two figures already standing there. It was an empty dimly lit corridor so it kinda scared me.

"Shit you scared me", I gasp jumping.

Wes and Theo stood there with no change in expressions. That moment I knew they were serious.

"Leah we didn't inform anyone about tonight's actions as we didn't wish to ruin anyone's night", Theo spoke seriously.

"We may not have caught Luca get, but we are close and today's mission was not a failure so that's why everyone's in a better mood", Wes said lowly.

So that's why.

I sigh. "I understand."

"Doesn't mean we won't tell them. You're not in the team now and it won't be long before they know that", Theo continued as if I hadn't spoken. "You know what will happen if they do."

"So just because we haven't ratted your actions out to others don't think we are doing it for you. It's for our family since they haven't had a good day in a while now. We are in no way supporting or protecting you after tonight's fiasco", Wes whispered sternly.

I nod sadly looking down.

"Also there's one more thing we had to tell you, but didn't get a chance downstairs", Theo said slowly.

I look at them in time to see Wes nod to Theo.

"Since you've proved to us enough times you're too young for this life we're officially putting you off any missions now", Theo informed.

I was quick to react in shock. "What?!"

"Don't act so surprised. You should have seen this coming. Sam has already lowered your rank by removing you from his team. You are not part of any other team hence your rank is the same as any other mafia member. Since the higher ranks decide who goes for mission you should know no one is allowing you now. Sam won't include you and the others can't. Especially not if we both order them not to", Weston said quietly as if trying to not shout and grab someone's attention, but very much angry.

"In short you will not be a part of any investigation or meeting regarding Luca's situation. Anything you need to know we'll tell you ourselves. You're free of your job and not part of this or probably any future missions. Remember that", Theo said firmly.

I was beyond shocked. I mean yes I could see where they come from but this is too much. I thought they'll get over it after yelling, shouting and lecturing me. First Sam and now them?

"You can't do this!", I pleaded.

"We can Leah. Or have you forgotten we are the Dons?", Wes grit.

"No - ",

"She must have. Anyone else wouldn't have the audacity to tell us we can't do something", Theo said angrily. "She has a knack for forgetting ranks remember? Not that surprising now that she back talks to anyone like she thinks she's above them."

Weston's jaw clenched showing his disappointment.

"What? No!", I was flabbergasted. "Of course not! I won't do anything if you tell me not to alright? I'm not disrespecting you. I- I just want to know why would you keep me out of any meetings or investigations relating to this case. I should be part of it! Luca's after me!", I whisper ranted.

"Because you've proved to us time and over you're too young and that attitude for not following rules and breaking laws needs to be changed and what better way than punishment because you don't seem to get better by lectures or talks", Weston said seriously.

I was exasperated, but didn't show it on my face because that would just work against me. But I still try.

"I don't want to sit in the sidelines. Please I know I made a mistake and I'm sorry", I pleaded.

"You should be happy you're still on the sidelines and not out of the mafia. Continuous lawbreaking would cost most people to lose their job", Theo reminded rudely.

Dammit.

"Hey what are you kids doing here?"

I look behind me to see Papa and Dad walk in the corridor.

"Any secret brother-sister meeting going on here?", Dad joked.

"No David", Theo smiled. "We were just talking to Leah."

"And our conversation is over", Wes said with a tight smile.

Here we go. That was the signal for 'we are not having this conversation again' for me. I wanted to try and get them to give me one more chance, but obviously tonight was not the right time. They were too angry and no way they listen to me.

That didn't stop me from being put into a bad mood. I was not just demoted and yelled at in one night, but also kicked out of any further discussions or meetings on this mission.

What a day.

"We're gonna go watch a movie with Grace and the boys. See ya", Wes waved at everyone walking off.

"Good night David and Uncle Seb", Theo smiled softly.

"Good night boys", Dad replied sweetly.

Papa looked at them curiously, but nodded before they leave. He looks at me with a face similar to the one he had during dinner. To not get them suspicious I played along.

"I'm going to go sleep", I said softly before heading off to my room.

"Leah wait", Dad calls out.

"Yeah?", I ask looking at them.

Dad and Papa share a nervous look making me curious.

"We were wondering if we could talk to you about something?", Papa said hopefully.

"We understand you're tired and probably want to just sleep, but it seems like a long overdue conversation and um.. lately we haven't had the chance..you know..cause of the situation at home", Dad said awkwardly.

I had an idea about what the talk is to be about and I would have gladly done that, but it's not needed anymore. It's been a while since they're together and I've got used to it. Maybe at the moment when I got the news I would have liked a conversation, but now it doesn't seem necessary.

Also, I was not in the mood to have a talk with anyone. I just got a talk that's upset me enough for the month.

"We don't have to really", I said with a small smile.

"No we should. We owe you that much", Papa said quickly.

Not seeing how I'm getting out of this I nod and we head towards my room. I pull up a chair from under my desk and sat on it. They sit side by side on the bed facing me.

After a minute of silence between us staring at each other I decided to start.

"You're my parents alright? Both of you are my fathers, don't you think you should 'talk' to Grace, Wes, Brody, Jamie and Char?", I joked. "I mean they may have issues with sharing their respective fathers."

It was funny now. I'm surprised how easy and normal it's got for me to see them together.

They smiled. "They seem to be more than okay with it. You know your brothers, they're in love with David", Papa shrugs.

"And Grace seems to be happy that I've finally taken her advice to start dating so that I don't end up alone when the two of you will be gone", Dad shrugs.

I chuckled. "Wow."

"So what's the problem? All of your children seem to be thrilled at the idea of you two being together and possibly spending your future years with each other", I ask with my arms crossed over my chest.

They take a pause and share a look before answering.

"What do you think?", Dad asked.

I shrugged. "I think it's awesome."

"Are you sure? You can be honest with us", Papa said softly.

I frowned. "I am being honest. Are you kidding? Both of my fathers are together? I couldn't be more happy."

They smiled softly.

"I mean yeah at first it was awkward because the news just came out of nowhere and caught me off guard. It was on my mind for a long time and we all were conveniently past that subject for some reason. Heck it felt like we were going to skip talking about it when it felt a bomb was dropped on me. But that was just the dramatic side of me. Now I'm way past that stage", I said honestly.

"We wanted to talk to you at so many occasions, but something or the other would come up and we would lose the chance. The past couple days have been grave on the family and it didn't feel right to have this conversation, but we realise that we can't delay it anymore", Papa sighs.

"I understand", I nod.

"Princess I want you to know that we're still your fathers and we care a lot about you. Nothing that happens between us is going to change that in any way", Dad said seriously.

I frowned. "Are you going to break-up?"

"What? NO!", Papa said in alarm looking at Dad immediately as if daring him to do so.

Dad rolled his eyes. "Obviously not."

Papa relaxed shaking his head. He got worked up real fast. I smile in amusement.

"I meant you're still a priority to us and nothing will change that. We love you okay?", Dad smiled.

I chuckled. "I know that Dad. I'm not a child.. despite how I behave sometimes. I'm not going to be jealous of my parents spending time together. Jeez I'm not insane."

Papa gave Dad an 'I told you so' look. Dad sighs. "I know princess, you're mature that way, but I just wanted to tell you that because I haven't dated for a long time for this very reason. I don't want my girls to ever think that their father cares any less for them just cause he has another man in his life."

"Dad", I whisper softly.

"It just worried me that you and Grace will think that I don't love you anymore. Then one thing will lead to another and BAM I'll lose connection with you two. You'll go to college and not stay in touch with me. Grace will get married and make a family of her own and we three will never get back together the way we were since you two will hate me and I will lose my family. All that will happen only because I decide to date a stupid guy when we were already happy", Dad ranted his worries off.

I stare at him in shock. Papa's mouth fell open.

"Heck I won't even get to see you two anymore because we will have been estranged by then. I'll miss my chance of being the most amazing grandpa and will miss all the special birthdays, holidays, summer vacation, first day of school and of course my princess becoming mothers. All because of one stupid guy I chose to date!", Dad's rant continued.

"Woah woah take a deep breath love", Papa immediately stops him and rubs his shoulder comfortingly.

Dad frowned at Papa as if he was the guy in his dreams that causes a rift between him and his daughters.

I start laughing. "Oh my god Dad."

"Leah!", Papa sent me a warning look.

"I'm sorry. I just- oh my god. Dad you really thought I'll let that guy live if he in any way causes a rift between us three?", I laughed.

Dad's mouth open and closed. "Well.. I didn't know your line of work back then."

"Fair enough", I snickered.

Papa shakes his head with a fond smile for his boyfriend. I stood up from my chair, went and hugged Dad.

"Aw no one can come between us Dad. You're so sweet and cute", I laughed.

Dad smacked my head before pulling back from the hug. "This is serious concern Leah", He pouts.

"I understand", I said stifling my smile.

"But you really looked so cute being worried like that", Papa snickered.

"Oh really?", Dad gave him a challenging look.

He sobered up quick making me laugh. They smile at me and pulled me into a group hug.

"Don't worry Dad you'll be an amazing grandpa who will take care of our kids okay?", I shake my head chuckling.

"Goes without saying", Dad said haughtily.

"What about me? I'm going to have loads of grandchildren", Papa grinned.

"We will have loads of children. Your boys are like my sons", Dad corrected him.

"True", Papa shrugs.

I shake my head wondering how casually can they have this conversation.

"You know what? I suggest you start pestering Grace, Wes and Charlie to find their respective partners and get married. The sooner they do, the faster you become grandparents", I suggested.

They both look at me for a long minute.

"That's actually a good idea", Dad said.

"What? No! They're too young for marriage David. Let them take their time. They can do it when they want to", Papa shakes his head.

"Alright, but we give them time only until they become 30", Dad pouts.

"Fine. Then we take matters into our own hands", Papa nods.

Oh boy.

"Alright now I'm going to sleep", I yawned.

They nod. "You should."

They wish me good night and Dad kissed my temple before they head out. I chuckled thinking about how once again I would have gotten into trouble for putting the idea of marriage in their mind. Wes, Grace and Charlie would kick my ass.

Speaking of trouble..man what am I going to do now.

I lay on my bed thinking about tonight. I'm really not okay with sitting on the side lines, but all I can do is complain about it to myself. No one's helping me right now.

The next morning I definitely wished to talk to Sam and apologize. I was not looking forward to get him to give me my position back in his team, heck that wasn't even a thought on my mind. I knew I upset him beyond anything else and have to make up for it. Or atleast try to.

My equation with him was not just limited to team leader and member.

But it didn't matter. I was not able to decide how to even approach him any more than how to begin the conversation. This is harder than I thought.

So here I am walking back and forth in the gym trying to figure out a way to talk to Sam without him dismissing me. He was very angry yesterday.

The other members of the mafia who were working out send curious glanced my way probably wondering what's wrong with me. By now the entire mafia knew that Leah Kingston, the sister of the Dons, the daughter of the former Don was demoted from the combat and defense team.

Yeah that was a bummer.

Anyway, my priorities were helping me not dwell on that stares I get when I walk past other members of the mafia. I had to make up to a lot of people and I had a big list. If I started now I might cross off all names from the list by the end of the day.

"For god sake Leah stop that. My head's hurting watching you go back and forth now", Shane groaned.

I ignored him and continued my pacing.

"Seriously babe you're just going to tire yourself out", Kate sighs.

"I don't have time to sit and rest guys. I can't think of anything to make Sam consider my apology. He's a tough nut, you both know that", I said.

"Yeah and I'm sure he'll forgive you when he knows you've walked 50 miles in the gym as a punishment", Shane rolled his eyes.

I pause. "That might actually work."

"No!", The twins said in unison.

I groaned and continued my pacing. Man this is so frustrating. I can't think of anything.

"Tell me why you won't just talk to him like a normal person and apologize?", Shane asked.

"Because he's pissed at me and my normal person apology won't work. We're past that", I replied.

Kate sighs. "That I agree to. I tried to talk to him this morning when he was giving us out out schedules and he sent me this glare at the mention of your name. Man I've never been more scared of him."

I stop walking at and look at her. "Oh man."

"Thanks for the pep talk idiot", Shane glared at her.

"Maybe I should give him some time to cool off?", I ask.

Shane and Kate shake their head no.

"Why? You both know how angry he is. What if I make it worse and lose any more chance to talk to him?", I ask.

"Leah apology works best when you don't waste time. It shows you repent. What's the point of taking a few days of break and then apologising?", Shane tells.

"As much as I don't like to say it. He's right", Kate nods.

Shane rolled his eyes at her. I sighed.

"You're right. But I'm freaking out", I pout.

Kate snorts. "You should. He is damn pissed."

"Kate!", Shane hissed.

She looked at me in alarm. "Sorry."

I shake my head. "Alright no more wasting time. I'm going."

They nod with a thumbs up. "It'll be okay Leah. I know you're feeling horrible about messing up your relationship with him, just let him know that", Shane said with a smile.

"Yeah and if that doesn't work it's fine. It's not like he'll kill you, your family won't approve of it", Kate shrugged.

Shane face palms himself. "Do you know when to shut up?"

"What? I like Leah. I would like to see her alive", Kate said offended.

I ignore their banter and take a deep breath. I told myself I can do this as I leave my friends and walk to Sam's office.

I hesitate before I gather courage and knock on his door twice. After hearing a muffled 'come in' I head inside.

I see him behind his desk surrounded with papers and files. He looks up at me and his face hardened immediately.

"I'm busy", Sam said without looking at me.

"I-I know", I said looking at his table. "But I just need a minute."

"I don't have a minute Leah", He said looking down at a paper in front of him.

"Come on Sam. Just a minute", I said.

"Let me rephrase myself. I don't have a minute for you Leah", He said, still not looking at me.

"Seriously?", I said, couldn't help myself.

"Yes. Now if you may", Sam said gesturing for the door.

I stare at him for a long minute. Time to be stubborn.

"No I won't", I said crossing my arms across my shoulder.

"Excuse me?", He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

Damn Kate was right.

I gulped. "I won't leave until you let me talk."

"Don't make me pick you up and drop you out of my room", Sam warned.

"You can't do that", I said confidently.

"Wanna try me?", He asked.

"No", I said quietly.

He is strong and pissed. Not a good combination.

"Good decision. Now leave", Sam said seriously.

I bit my lip nervously. I don't want to leave until he hears me out. I think of a random idea. I quickly walk to his desk and snatch the paper he was holding, catching him off guard and run back a few steps.

"Now you have to listen to me or I won't give this back", I said.

He stood up angrily. "Are you kidding me? Give it back"

"Please Sam. Can't you see how determined I am? You trained us to be strong and here I am...being strong testing your patience", I frowned.

He crossed his arms across his chest. "Really? Now you remember my training? Bit too late don't you think?'

I sighed. "I know. I'm sorry Sam. I really am."

He shakes his head looking away.

"You have no idea how I hate this. I look up to you and you're my mentor. It really hit me how much I messed up when you yelled at me yesterday showing me how disappointed you were at me", I said.

"I totally get it. I get my mistake", I admit.

"No you don't", Sam said seriously looking back at me.

"I do, trust me", I insisted.

He stared at me for a long minute analysing my expression. "Alright. But it doesn't matter."

"Why? I'm really sorry. Please forgive me", I said softly.

He shakes his head muttering to himself taking a seat back on his chair.

"Come on Sam. I swear I won't do it again", I pleaded.

"Leah take a seat", He said seriously pointing at the chair in front of him.

I immediately do as he says taking it as a good sign.

"If you think this apologising stuff is going to make me include you back into the team then- ",

"No! That's not in my mind or my intention. I'm just here to say sorry to you because I know I let you down", I said quickly.

He hummed staring at me.

"Then if you think I'll just forgive you then you're wrong. You gotta make up for it. Lawbreaking is met with punishment here, you know it", He said.

"Yes", I nod.

His eyes narrowed down. "You are really ready to do anything I say and not expect me to put you back into the team?"

"Yes", I said confidently.

"Alright you're incharge of cleaning the locker rooms of both boys and girls for a week", Sam said.

My mouth fell open in shock. No way.

He raised his eyebrow at my reaction. I shut my mouth close and smile tightly.

"You're helping Eric and Steve clean and reset all the weapons. Maintenance is due this month I believe. They won't help you, just teach you how to do it."

I nod trying not to whine. He stares at me as if expecting me to say something or argue like always.

"That'll be enough. Be glad one week is all I'm giving you", Sam said with a look.

I relax visibly. "Thanks."

He nods and gets back to work. I stood up and turn to leave, but frowned when I remembered what I came here for in the first place.

"You didn't forgive me", I frowned.

"I will decide if I will or not after your punishment", Sam replied.

"But what if you decide not to and I do all that for nothing?", I spoke without thinking.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll shut up", I nod quickly.

I sigh dejectedly as I walk up to the door.

"Leah", He called out just before I leave.

"Yeah?", I ask.

"Do you know why I was so angry yesterday?", He asked looking up from his work.

"Because I broke a law..again", I reply.

"That, but also something else", Dam said.

I walk back to him curiously. "What is it?"

He takes a deep breath as if considering whether he should tell me or not.

"Are you aware of my time here in the mafia when your father was the Don?", He asked.

I was caught off guard. That was not what I was expecting him to say.

"Um yeah. I heard you were a part of the team you are the leader of now", I said.

He nods. "Yeah. Did you know I fought from our mafia's side when the Italian mafia attacked the base? The day we all lost this very mafia?"

I nod in reply confused as to where he's going with this.

"I lost my whole team in that attack", He admitted with a pained look on his face.

My eyes went wide in shock and my mouth fell open. Shit.

"We lost a lot of people from the mafia that day. Many of my fellow members and friends, but..I lost one person most dear to me here", Sam said slowly, not meeting my eyes.

"Who?", I ask in a lost voice.

"My partner", He answered.

My heart skipped a beat. I stare at him seeing just how horrible he must have felt. His face was contoured into pain as if his mind had gone back to that dark day.

"You reminded me of that moment when I lost my partner the second you defied me and ran into that building burning in fire. That moment I saw him in you. The same mistake you were going to make and I just lost it", Sam said lowly.

My lips parted in surprise.

"It was like history repeating itself", Sam chuckled dryly. "I told him not to go back to the building we had just escaped. This very building."

"Some of our enemies had caused a fire in one of the rooms here. We all were evacuating the place. My partner thought he heard someone stuck inside. I knew it was impossible to save anyone because the fire was too strong, but he was not the type to back down from helping his fellow members. He ran inside when I kept telling him not to. He never came back out. Not alive atleast."

No..

I felt like I couldn't breathe.

He looked at me and I could see how strong he is to control his expressions for me. "Your reaction to my command just made me think of how I lost him. Heck yours was worse because Luca was present there."

My eyes closed, my right hand resting on my forehead. "I'm so sorry Sam. Shit I'm so stupid."

He smiled when I open my eyes to look at him. "I know you are."

"I'm so sorry for you loss. I lost my grandparents that day. Somehow I didn't realise how many former members lost their friends."

Sam smiled sadly. "Yeah it was a horrible day for us."

"Tell me more about your friend? I'm guessing he's just the opposite of you? Stubborn and rule breaker", I ask with a faint smile.

He chuckled. "You got that right. He was my best friend and we couldn't be more different. He was a good guy. Him and I, we dreamed of heading this team you know? We both loved our jobs and hoped we would get to lead it one day."

"You did", I smile softly.

"Yeah, but it would have been great if he was by my side. You four would have loved him", Sam said with a small smile.

"Yeah?"

He nods. "He was just the type of leader you would instantly love. He was sassy like Kate, smart like Shane, kind like Levi and courageous like you."

My lips parted in surprise. "Is that..?" I trailed off.

He nods. "Yeah one of the major reasons for choosing you four for my team."

I somehow never thought of ever asking Sam why he chose us four as his team when he had a whole ass mafia to choose from. We four can't have been the best.

"You all fit the criteria he and I planned one day for a team of our own. Obviously we look for good fighters, but training can help that. We focused more on recruiting personalities in our team. A team is perfect when it's members are capable in all ways. You four are different yet each of you have that one quality I needed in my team", Sam said with a grin.

"You wanted us all to learn from each other because one didn't have the quality other did?", I ask.

"Exactly. When you stick around with some people who are different than you, you tend to learn from them. I had no plan to recruiting all same tempered members. If I train them hard anyone can be a good fighter", Sam shrugs.

I smiled. "Wow. Thanks."

He nods. "Anyway, story time over get back. I'm busy."

There it is. He was back to normal.

I smile and I walk to him and give him the paper I stole from him. He gave me a stern look remembering what I did earlier to get his attention. I smile back cheekily in reply.

"You're still not getting a place in my team", Sam said seriously.

"I know. I'll work for it. I'm sure I can convince you again", I shrug.

I think I saw a faint smile on his face before I turn and head towards the door. Before leaving I turn to look at him. "I understand why you are an asshole now."

"Excuse me? You do know what an apology is?", Sam said in disbelief.

I shake my head. "I meant I understand why you're an asshole when it comes to strict training you put us through."

"Yeah?", He asked.

"Uh huh. If you haven't noticed I'm an asshole myself", I smile.

"That I can agree too", He nods.

"We assholes should stick together. Don't you think fellow asshole? We should make an asshole community and include assholes from all over", I grin proudly.

He shakes his head. "Remind me why I included an idiot in my team?"

I laughed. "It's fine. I know you're sorry for scolding me yesterday fellow asshole."

"No I'm not", He frowned.

"Aw it's okay. Assholes understand assholes."

"I sometimes forget you're a little girl."

"You're ruining the moment.. assholes", I deadpanned.

"Call me asshole one more time. I dare you", He said with a scary look.

"As- ", I began testing his patience and he stood up from his chair. "Sorry! Bye!", I yell leaving the room.

I was glad I somewhat mend up for yesterday with Sam. My friends were too. I went to see them in the infirmary where Levi is still resting and the twins had gone to check up on him.

Kate was glad I was not dead. Shane was happy I made up with Sam. Levi was ecstatic no one was fighting again.

One name I crossed off from the list. I had a lot more. I will do it.

Landon and Owen had gone out for some consignment meeting so I wasn't able to talk to them. My elder brothers were very busy courtesy to Luca's threats. I figured I'll talk to them when I get the chance.

The day went by without much of anything. I started my first day of punishment. The highlight of the day for my friends.

Later that night after everyone, including me had gone to bed I had to wake up to pee. It was pretty late and I knew I have to get up.

These nights are the worst. I hate waking up having to leave the comfort of my bed just to get till the bathroom and relax my bladder by emptying it. It takes a lot of effort.

After peeing I figured I was thirsty. Might as well have some water. But my luck for the day proved to continue haunting me when I realised my water bottle I have in my room for the night is empty which means I head all the way to the kitchen for a glass of fucking water.

Ugh.

I considered just letting it be. I mean once I sleep again I won't need water until I wake up in the morning right? But when you need water you need it. It's like peeing all over again. You cannot ignore it. Your bladder will make you uncomfortable and refuse to let you go back to sleep until you do the job.

So here I am begrudgingly walking towards the kitchen still very sleepy considering it's 3 at night. The house was so silent that I could hear me walking. How is that possible I don't know.

After I was done I sigh deeply in satisfaction heading back to my room hoping I get to go back to sleep immediately rather stay awake for the rest of the night. I pass everyone's room as I go on to the end of the corridor for mine. Luckily flew lamps are on otherwise I would be crashing with walls in this big house.

Creak

I stop suddenly hearing a strange sound. Looking around, glancing up and down the empty corridor I see nothing unsurprisingly. Thinking it could be my imagination I shrugged and went on.

Creak

I stop again. I was sure I heard it. I stand extremely still and wait for the sound once again to figure out where it came from. The air was so quiet that I wonder if I was even breathing. For a few seconds nothing came up but I didn't give up.

Creak

Yes! I heard it again. I turn towards my left side unconsciously and stared at a bedroom door. It was Dad's. I frowned wondering if the noise was coming from inside and if it was did I want to investigate? I mean..

While I was trying to figure out whether I should take a chance and possibly be scarred for life or just walk away I heard some shuffling from inside. I take a few steps towards it and put my ear on the door.

Then I hear another noise. No..I could be mistaken. There's a big chance I was. But was I going to ignore it? I heard a clear gun cocking noise from inside- from Dad's room- in the middle of the night. Yeah I was mistaken my ass.

With jet speed I grab the handle of the door and open it. Luckily it was unlocked. I look around the dark lit room, my eyes immediately caught a silhouette bent over the bed on which my father was soundly sleeping.

My heart raced within seconds and I look at the open window and then back at the intruder in my home who was now frozen as he stared at me.

"Who the hell are you?", I demand, my voice coming strong despite the fear filling in my heart.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter?

Please vote and comment!

Stay tuned for more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

kindred By Madi Lee

Teen Fiction

964K 22.9K 47
All Adeline Kingston has known is pain. Years of agony, anguish and anger. Brothers. Addie has 7, not that she knew. When she is reunited with her ol...
480K 9.5K 53
The Russo family hasn't had a girl born in the bloodline for generations. It all changes when Angela Rose Russo and her twins are born. The Russo fam...
Grey & Eve By Lili

Teen Fiction

1.1M 26.8K 51
The Kings' and Monroes' lost their everything in a span of one night. Their parents were killed leaving the King's little brother and the Monroe's li...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

81.2K 2.9K 65
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...