I Made a Promise

By isabellaangel417

Promises... we all make them. We all have them. They're easy to make, but hard to keep. But do they have any... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 78

42 1 1
By isabellaangel417

-Skylar is now 38 weeks-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to the sun shining in my face through a small crack in the blinds. I'm not even aware of the time, but I just pull the blanket over my face and turn away from where the sun is coming from. Slightly annoyed that I got woken up because I haven't slept good at all these last few weeks, and it's been getting worse. Then I heard some walking in our room so I open my eyes and I see Daniel walking around and getting dressed.

"You're working today?" I yawned.
He turned around and saw me awake.
"Yea, go back to sleep... I'll be home later today." He told me, coming over and stroking my hair.
"Why can't you just stay home?" I asked him, grabbing his hand.

He chuckled under his breath and kissed my forehead.
"I wish I could... I only have 3 more shifts until I'm off for 8 weeks." He said.
"I say you just stay home now..." I chuckled.
"Maybe if you have her today..." he laughed.
"Yea... no. I'd rather her bake a little longer." I laughed.

"You never know, the doctor said you could go into labor at any time now." He laughed.
"Were you early or late?" I asked him.
"According to my mom, I was a week early. What about you?" He asked me.

"I was born early because my mom, Brielle got in a car accident when she was 32 weeks pregnant with Cameron and I... but even though we were both small, we went home within like 3 days." I explained.
"Damn really? How the hell did that happen?" He asked me.
"She fell asleep at the wheel." I explained.

He checked his phone.
"I have to go now. Call me if anything, I'll have my ringer on full volume." He kissed me.
"Maybe I'll come by later. It's not like I have anything to do.." I said.
"Don't come if you don't feel up to it. You need to be taking it easy..." he told me.

"I've been taking it easy this entire pregnancy, I'm pretty sure visiting you isn't going to change anything." I laughed.
"Ok, I really have to go now. I love you." He kissed me.
"Be safe please." I told him.
"I promise." He smiled and put his hand on my face before leaving.

I stayed in bed for probably another 45 minutes trying to sleep some more before I started feeling Gracie kick me in the ribs and then just around my stomach. I rubbed my face and sighed as I felt them, knowing that I probably wasn't going to sleep anymore. I rolled over and saw that it was almost 8:30.

"I guess I'll get up now..." I sighed.
I went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge to see what I can make myself. Maxx has school today, so I'm home alone. Nothing sounded good when I was looking in the fridge and just decided on some yogurt.

About 5 hours later, I was really bored in the house. There was nothing for me to do. The house was already clean and we have her whole nursery done already. I knew Maxx wasn't going to be home soon either because it's a Friday and he had plans to go out after school. I decided to go and see Daniel.

I grabbed my car keys and a jacket and got down to my car. Right before I started the car I got an intense pain in my lower back. Nothing I've ever felt before. My whole body tensed up and it lasted for about 15 seconds.
"What the hell was that?" I whispered to myself.

After maybe a minute, I finally turned the car on and drove to the district. Once I got there, I went inside and went upstairs.
Once I got up the steps, I saw no one except for Liz at her desk.
"Oh my god hi! How've you been?" She asked me as I walked over.

"Hey... my god I need to catch my breath..." I laughed out of breath from climbing the stairs. I sat down at my old desk, catching my breath as I sat there.
"So how've you been?" Liz asked me again.
"Good... and eh. My body is just... done. I can't do anything without being completely exhausted afterwards." I laughed.

"Welcome to the joys of pregnancy. The last few weeks are absolutely the worst..." she laughed.
"Oh yea, I know..." I laughed.
"Does the doctor think you'll go into labor anytime soon? Do you?" She asked me.

"My doctor doesn't think I'll be going into labor anytime soon. She thinks I'll probably have her late. I don't want to, I want her to be in here as long as possible. But... I don't know some part of me thinks that she's going to come like really soon... like my body has been feeling worse the past few days and... maybe it's a sign?" I asked her.

"I would say to follow your instincts. With um... with Lexi... my doctor told me that I would probably deliver her at close to 41 weeks because she was measuring small, but I ended up having her at 36 weeks. But she was... completely healthy..." she explained.
I put my hand on her thigh, she sort of zoned out for a second.

"Sorry, what were we saying?" She asked, drying some tears that were starting to form in her eyes.
"No it's fine... um... have you guys had any new cases? Why is no one here?" I asked her, changing the subject.
"Uh... we're all doing our evaluations. That's all we've been doing today." She said.

"Where's Daniel?" I asked her.
"Him and Kyle had to check something out. But they're on their way back already." She said.
"Did you already do yours?" I asked her.
She nodded her head.

All of a sudden, I felt the same intense pain in my back, but this time, it was stronger and traveled to my lower abdomen. I tried to hide it and make no reaction, so I looked down and semi covered my face with my hand, trying to take some deep breaths quietly.

"Hey are you ok?" I heard Liz ask me.
"Mhm..." I said, not wanting to talk because of the pain.
"Hey, listen I know you aren't, what's going on?" She asked me, moving my hand out of my face so she could look at me.

I looked at her and my body finally relaxed and the pain passed.
"I don't... I don't know. It's just an intense pain. Like without warning and it just... it's insane..." I sighed.
"What does it feel like?" She asked me.
"Like... I don't know... nothing I've ever felt before it just... it-" I was explained, and then I got cut off because I got the same thing again.

"Oh my god..." I said under my breath.
"Alright listen, can I feel your stomach?" She asked me, getting off the chair and kneeling in front of me.
I nodded my head.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.
"I used to be a paramedic remember?" She asked me.
I nodded my head.
She felt my stomach and around my lower back.

"I- I can't be going into labor, Liz. It's too early. She's not due for another 2 weeks..." I said, breathless.
"Good news, it's not labor... these are those false alarms. Did your doctor ever tell you about that?" She asked me.

I shook my head. And then the pain stopped.
"Ok so... these pains that you're feeling, are just false alarms." She explained.
"So... how do I know where they're real?" I asked her.
She looked at me.
"Trust me. You'll know..." she said.

-20 minutes later-
I was in the break room, just drinking some water. Then I felt someone grab me from behind and I flinched.
"Hey, hey relax, it's just me.." I heard Daniel. He turned me around and I saw him.

"Don't scare me like that..." I sighed and rubbed my stomach.
"I didn't know you were here." He laughed.
"Don't do that again...." I told him.
"I'm sorry... are you ok? Why are you here?" He asked me.
"I wanted to see you." I told him.

"How've you been?" He asked me.
"Tired..." I laughed.
"Why don't you go home? Won't Maxx be home soon?" He asked me.

"I just got here like half an hour ago." I told him.
"Yea but... you shouldn't be here... you know that..." he told me.
"I was bored as hell at home... and Maxx won't be home until probably like 7." I told him.

"Listen, I know you're tired, you know you shouldn't be here, just go home and I'll be home tonight." He told me.
"Baby I'm fine, I-" I explained, but as soon as I said that, I got another one of those intense pains and my whole body went numb from the pain. Daniel got me and I grabbed his arm to ease the pain.

"Ok, woah, woah... it's ok.." he told me.
I looked at him and took a deep breath, and then after 10 seconds, it went away.
"Look, babe, it's not that I don't want you here. I love you. Just go home and relax. Please... we both know that you should be at home." He told me.

I just looked at him, knowing I wasn't going to win this fight.
"Ok, I'll go home... please be safe for the rest of your shift... remember we got a daughter that could be born any time now." I told him.
He kissed me.
"I promise." He told me.

He walked me down to my car and I got in the driver's seat.
"Drive safe." He told me.
"I promise." I told him. "Don't get killed on shift."
"I promise." He chuckled.
We exchanged one more kiss more I turned the car on and drove home.

-later that night-
It was now 7pm. And I've been just laying on the couch. My body is just so exhausted and drained and I'm so tired. I knew Daniel was going to be home late, so I don't even plan on waiting up for him tonight. I'm just waiting for Maxx to get home, and then I'll go to bed at probably around 9:30.

I heard the front door open and saw Maxx.
"Hey, how've you been?" He asked me, putting his bag down.
I chuckled and shook my head.
"You don't even want to know..." I chuckled.
He sat down on the couch next to me.

I looked at him and gave him a little smile.
"What?" He asked me.
"Nothing... just... it's nice to have you here... even though we've gone through hell and back arguing... I like that you're here with us... and... I know she's probably going to annoy you with all her crying... I'd you want, maybe I can let you crash with some friends some nights-" I explained to him, but he stopped me.
"No, don't worry about that. I'm her uncle. If you guys need any help, I'm right here." He chuckled.

He looked at me.
"And... thanks for letting me stay here... I promise that once I graduate, I'll get a job and get out of your hair and-" he was explaining, but I stopped him.
"Who says you're moving out? I'm fine with you staying here until you get married." I laughed.

Maxx and I talked for probably 25 minutes before I got up and grabbed a glass of water.
"Hey, do you want anything?" I asked him from the kitchen.
"Uh... yea, can you throw me a pack of those granola bars?" He asked me.
I looked for the box in the pantry and I saw it, right before I grabbed it, I got another pain.

But this one felt different.
"Oh my god..." I whispered under my breath, grabbing the counter.
The pain wasn't going away and it was only getting stronger.

"H-hey um... M-Maxx?" I called out.
"Yea what's- holy shit are you ok? What's happening?" He asked me.
"I don't know, can you just- help me to-to the couch?" I asked him, starting to cry from the pain.

"Yea, yea.." he said, going right by my side and helping me get over to the couch.
Right before we could get to the couch, I felt something dripping down my leg.

I looked down.
"Wait- wait. Maxx..." I said, not believing this.
"What? What's wrong?" He asked me, a little freaked out.
"My water... I- I think it just broke...." I said.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 793 32
One night completely changes Lia's life forever. Meeting her brothers will prove to bring both bad and good times. Will she be able to adjust to her...
2.4K 102 100
Hello Everyone! Thank you for reading "Keeping Promises!" This book has pretty much not only helped me figure out that I love basketball again but i...
11.4K 224 78
What is the everyday life of the Severide and Casey families like, with 6 children under one roof. Find out in my latest story. Hope you enjoy
12K 6 162
Book 3 of the Miracles series. Matt and Gabby had it all. They were married again, they finally had a child and everything was perfect. In this third...