Rise of the teenage mutant ni...

By superheroleslie

Adopted by senior Hueso, a 14 year old yokai who has spent most of her life in the hidden city finally meets... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: meeting the turtles
Chapter 2: bug busters
Chapter 3: meeting april and splinter
Chapter 4: the gumbus
Chapter 5: Mrs. cuddles
Chapter 6: al be back
Chapter 7: Karaoke night
Chapter 8: pizza pit
Chapter 9: Hot soup: the game
Chapter 10: Evil league of mutants
Chapter 11: A bad day
Chapter 12: A good day
Chapter 13: bullhop
Chapter 14: Shadow of evil
Extra: making out
Chapter 15: Portal jacked
Chapter 16: warren and hypno, sitting in a tree
Chapter 18: You got served
Chapter 19: how to make enemies and people bend to your will
Chapter 20: Training (short chapter)
Chapter 21: Mystic library
The names in Leslie's phone
Leslie's name in their phone
Chapter 22: Man vs sewer
Chapter 23: the mutant menace
Chapter 24: Snow day
Chapter 25: Cloak and swaggart
Chapter 26: Jupiter Jim Ahoy
Leslie's relationships with the turtles
Chapter 27: insane in the mama train
Chapter 28: End game
Chapter 29: Many unhappy returns
Chapter 30: Breaking purple
Chapter 31: Repairin the Baron
Chapter 32: Pizza puffs

Chapter 17: Sparring partner

49 1 0
By superheroleslie

I was in the lair, skateboarding with the turtles-except Raph, who was in the garage doing his own thing.

Then, a big crash from the garage messed Leo up and kinda interrupted our own thing.

" boom shakalaka. Did that come from the tank garage?" Mikey asked.

" no, no, no, no. No, there's definitely nothing wrong with my tank because it for sure doesn't backfire for no reason sometimes" Donnie denied.

I helped Leo up and another crash happened " ugh. That's seriously annoying!" I said.

Leo knocked on the garage door and we heard Raph " Whoo-hoo! That's the stuff".

" Raph, is that you?" Mikey asked.

" No—I mean, yes. Why would I speak and then it not be me? *laughs* one second" Raph responded.

He's off.

There was more crashing and clattering in the garage and he then showed his face through the crack of the garage " Hey, It's my brothers and my best friend. What brings you all to the lair?".

They forced the garage door open and I asked " what was all that noise?".

" what noise?" Raph asked.

"Was that just you setting up our next sparring session?" Leo asked.

" Sure, yeah. It was that and nothing else" Raph said.

I gave him a look that I suspected him.

" sweet. I could go for a game of capture the bandana" Mikey said.

" Usual rules, first to grab a bandana other than his own color is the winner" Donnie said.

" ooh, that sounds fun" I smiled.

Raph rubbed his head nervously " uh, I'm not really in the mood to play a game".

" then why'd you set it up?" Leo asked.

Raph blinked rapidly then sweat " Oh, that's right. I-I am in the mood".

I tilted my head and went towards him and put a hand on his cheek " you okay, big red?".

He smiled nervously and took my hand patting it softly " y-yep, totally fine!".

"Dude, what is with you?" Donnie asked.

Mikey blew the horn " Donnie versus Raph. Go!".

Donnie charged at Raph with his tech-bo " Taste my bandana fury!".

He tapped his plastron with his tech-bo and Raph fell in the most fake way possible " Whoa. Donnie, you are so strong".

Wow....

Donnie smirked " a quadruple threat, my friend. Strong, funny, amusing and hilarious".

" riiiighhht" I dragged out.

" kind of look like Raph took a dive." Leo said while sipping his tea.

" please, Leo, you forget Einstein's law of brains over brawn" Donnie said.

Raph started pushing us out " right. That. Uh, okay, good game, then."

He didn't know but sneakily flew over his head so I could see what he's up too.

He closed the garage door and he scoffed " Einstein's law of over brawn. Of course I took a dive, so I could get back to my real bandana game with my favorite sparring partner".

I squinted and out came one of those paper foot ninjas and it laughed " buddy!" It mumbled.

" piecing the paper ninja back together was genius" Raph said as he sparred with him.

" aha! I knew there was something up!" I said as I flew down.

" Ah! Leslie, what are you doing here?" He asked nervously.

I smirked " I thought you were hiding something, turns out I was right".

The paper ninja hid behind him and my face softened " hey... I'm not going to hurt you".

I held out my claw and he looked at Raph and Raph smiled and nodded and the paper ninja took my hand and his face went wide like he was smiling.

Raph said " please don't mention this to my brothers, especially to Leo".

I chuckled " Leo may be my boyfriend, but even I don't have to tell him everything".

He smiled and hugged me " thanks, fluff".

I smiled and hugged back " no prob, Big red".

We pulled apart and I asked " may I see y'all spar?".

Raph nodded and they continued sparring " I'm not letting you grab a bandana. Nope, I'm not. He's as good as new" he punched buddy's face which messed up his eye.

I winced " ooh, his eye".

" well, almost new. Uh, I'll fix that later, buddy" Raph said.

But Buddy fixes his own eye, to which he was as good as new.

Raph came running at the training dummy with Leo's color mask on it "Raph's gonna best you".

Buddy then stepped in front of it " No blue" and punched Raph, which sent him flying.

I clapped my hands " Whoo! Go buddy!".

I then helped Raph up " Go get him".

Raph then pinned him to the wall " you're not winning that easy".

Buddy then looked at a big red button and Raph looked over at him nervously " now, what is the rule? We only touch red, orange, blue, or purple bandanas. Nothing else".

Buddy pressed it anyway and out came a flying turtle disc, which broke the lights and it came at me and I dodged it, it scrapped Buddy's foot and sent Raph flying.

Me and and Buddy went to Raph and Raph smiled " accidents happen. All good" he then looked down " woah, your foot".

He looked around for something and I pulled out duct tape and I went to buddy " someone need my help?" I asked in a sweet voice and taped his foot back on but not on the right way.

Raph chuckled " I just can't imagine a nicer sparring buddy than you. You're perfect. Except for the backwards foot thing".

I crossed my arms " humph, I tried my best".

Raph pat my head " you did your best".

I smiled and then we heard Leo ask " come on, Raph, Leslie, aren't you skating?"

" be there in a bit, gaupo" i called called out.

And Raph started to put Buddy in the closet " Great game, but I got to go bye-bye. We'll Tussle again tomorrow".

Buddy raised his arms " Buddies".

I sighed " sorry, Buddy, you can't come".

He moaned with a sad tone and Raph sighed " I know, I know, I'll miss you too. And remember, keep it down, if my brothers find you, you'll be confetti before you can say...[moans]".

" [moans]" Buddy made.

" exactly" Raph said as he slammed the door and we went out of the garage.

We were skating for a bit.

" you know what I just remembered?" Mikey asked.

" hmm?" I asked.

" how much I hate paper ninjas. I must suddenly remember I hate those guys like 20 times a day".

I gulped.

" oh, indeed. I've been working on a shredding attachment for the next time we cross paths" Donnie said.

Me and Raph shrieked and he chuckled nervously " sure glad none of our close personal friends are made out of paper".

I swallowed " yeah... totes".

Leo laughed " oh, yeah".

Glue then fell from the ceiling and onto the ground, making Leo's board get stuck and him falling.

" Leo!" I went to him and help him.

" are you alright?" I asked.

He smirked and kissed me and I kissed back and we pulled back " I am, now that you're here😉".

I snickered and pushed his face away " you're so cheesy".

We went to the boys and Donnie analyzed the glue " huh, there appears to be some gunk on the ramp. Perhaps we should crane our necks upward to see from whence it came".

They started to lift their heads but Raph and I pulled their heads down.

" I looked. It must've come from down here. Definitely not from any place above" Raph said.

We both saw his hand falling and I quickly flew up and grabbed it and Raph went beside me and I hid it behind me.

" what is with you guys? Why are you so crazy?" Mikey asked.

I chuckled nervously " I'm not crazy. You're crazy—ah!" Buddy's Hand was gripping my wing.

Uhh... that feels weird.

Raph quickly rushed to them " Say, how about we all hang out in our rooms alone, for three to five minutes?".

They guys complained " we are skating".

Buddy then fell on the ground and Raph and I quickly and he thought quick " uh, you're right. We can hang right here, and never look at what's behind us" we hugged them.

We saw buddy touching the skateboard and the paper shredder and Raph winced " no. Buddy, only touch bandanas. I mean, nobody touch Bananas. They're slimy".

I chuckled nervously " yeaaaah... super slimy".

" okay, dude, what is with you today? And you too, hermosa?" Leo asked.

" it's obvi, Leo. They're wigging cause they're dying to shred some paper dweebs" Mikey said.

Just at that sentence, buddy turned around making a sad noise.

Crap.

Leo smirked " so you're itching to make paper scraps, huh, Guys?".

I swallowed " oh, yeah, we hate those paper jerks".

Raph continued " any moment we're not slicing a paper jerk into jerk confetti is a wasted jerk moment. Bunch of jerks.".

I whispered to buddy " we don't mean you".

Buddy then ran away, sad and me and Raph has tears in our eyes.

" and the hug is still going" Leo said.

" good times" Raph said.

Raph dropped them " you know, we should do this again.".

" yeah, see you" Leo said.

Raph left and so did i.

Timeskip to on a rooftop.

" buddy! Are you out there?" I called out.

" hey, where'd you go, Buddy?" Raph asked.

A voice came " there you guys are. What's with all the secrecy?" It was Leo.

" brothers, what are you guys doing?" Raph asked.

Leo sighed " and I don't appreciate my girlfriend keeping secrets from me" he glared at me.

I was suddenly uncomfortable " look,Leo-" " hold that thought. We've got a little situation" Donnie interrupted me.

It was buddy and he was rampaging around the city destroying red masks and green and white stuff and me and raph looked at each other and gulped.

" and he's only attacking people in red bandanas, and green and white shirts. Huh, it's like someone who wears a red bandana, and someone who has green and white on them really hurt this guy's feelings once. Strange" Leo said.

" dibs on shredding him" Mikey exclaimed happily.

And jumped down.

Leo scoffed " what? No, we only dibs on pizza, stale ramps, and Donnie's stuff"

Leo turned to me " we'll talk about this later".

I sighed and followed behind.

" maybe we shouldn't shred him at all, you know? That seems fair, right?" Raph asked.

" Raph's out. Dibs on his share of the confetti and dibs on Donnie's" Mikey said.

" hey." Donnie complained.

We followed them and they faced Buddy " confetti-abunga!".

Me and Raph tackles them to the ground.

Mikey: what are you doing?

Donnie: come on, what is happening?

" I, uh, changed my mind. Uh, I'm calling dibs" Raph said.

" uhhh... so am I" I nervously said.

We both went to Buddy " buddy, you gotta get out of here" I whispered.

Buddy shook his head " No, not Buddy.".

There was then a crash at the window and it was the foot leader " you all really need a hobby".

Leo smirked " oh, we got one. Kicking butt and taking names. And you are?"

There was another crash, this time in the wall and it was foot recruit.

" don't make us pulverize your guts into guts bits".

" huh, that's actually what I want for my next birthday😄" I said.

She went in my face " give us back our origami man".

I chuckled " of course, he was yours, but now he seems more like a free agent".

Raph smiled nervously " so you can just go home. Thanks, though".

" we will do nothing of the sort. You are so not reading our tone" Foot recruit intensely said.

" he's ours and he's coming with us" the foot leader said.

" certainly, how many pieces would you like him in? Arrivederci, paper punk" Donnie said about to shred him.

Raph stepped in front of him " No, no, no, no, no, no. Not my buddy".

I flew and tackled Donnie to the ground and Leo sighed " okay, it's official, Raph and leslie have gone cuckoo".

I helped Donnie up and went to Raph and Buddy and Raph sighed " look, you're not the jerk, we're the jerks, we didn't mean that stuff".

I smiled " yeah, we just didn't want them to shred you".

Raph nodded " our weeks of sparring and playing capture the bandana have been the best fights of my life. When I fight my brothers, I just think about fighting you and getting rid of them, so I can fight you again".

Donnie and Mikey: wha?

" you did let Donnie beat you" Leo smirked.

" we will never know" Donnie denied.

" yeah I did" Raph said.

" we will never know" Donnie denied again.

Me and Raph patted his head and he said " he's my new best friend".

And I smirked " and if anybody wants to take away our buddy-" " they got to come through me" Raph interrupted me.

I nodded my head " Yeah!".

Buddy hugged me " buddies".

I smiled.

Foot recruit scoffed " touching. And in case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm".

" we could never let you keep him. Shred him, recruit" The foot leader said.

" my extreme pleasure" Foot recruit said.

She then kicked Raph to the floor and I protected Buddy, by putting my arms in front of him.

Foot recruit then threw tiny knives at us, but Leo deflected them with his sword " back off. He's ours. A-apparently".

He looked back at me and winked and I blushed and kissed his cheek and he smiled.

Mikey popped up " a new best friend? Don't need this. You're a mad dog now, baby" he wiped of the orange foot symbol off his face and drew a green turtle symbol on his face.

" that's right. You're on our team. But this fight's not about grabbing our bandanas. It's about kicking foot faces" Raph said.

He turned buddy around so he could face us.

The foot leader then made new paper ninjas and I fought foot recruit and I chuckled " love the sword".

She chuckled " thank you! It's to gut you!".

" ooh, very charming" I nodded.

The others were also having hard time fighting " there's too many of them. Get to higher ground, Buddy." Raph said as he jumped to a higher level.

Buddy fought a paper ninja and threw him to a red button and it started beeping " go, go, go. I'm right behind you, buddy".

I managed to get away from foot recruit " so am I".

Which Leo was then fighting foot recruit and and I sighed and went to help him, but immediately was thrown along with Leo and the rest of the boys.

Buddy jumped in front of us " Buddies!".

" finish them. Shred the traitor" The foot leader said.

Buddy then had power coming out of his hand and vaporized the other paper ninja and created a giant hand and was going to destroy the others.

" they grow up up and turn against you so fast" The foot leader said.

The foot blasted off again.

The boys and I gasped and we broke out of the wrapping.

" I'm calling it, boys. Our buddy's the winner" Raph exclaimed.

They raised his hands, which tore apart and they quickly taped it back up.

" aw, man, we owe you guys one" Raph said.

I nodded " mhm".

" and we owe you one too, for throwing your fights" Leo said.

" than can neither be confirmed or denied" Donnie still denied.

I turned to Leo " um, Leo, I wanted to apologize".

He kissed me and I kissed back, then pulled back and he kissed my nose " I understand".

I smiled and nudged buddy " what do you say, buddy? First one to grab the red bandana wins?".

We jumped on Raph laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1K 106
"Why are you being so stubborn?!" I grab at Leo's arm "Im not being stubborn! The only opinion in this family that matters is mine! And what I say go...
138K 2.6K 55
Was: Turn Around - O2L Fanfiction Thirteen year old Zoe Lopez has been faced with hard things in her life, from losing her parents, all the way to ab...
1.8K 45 23
She was once in the darkness of hate and pain, but when the Turtles found her she changed to the loving, brave and was willing to risk her life for t...
272 6 6
Leo was keeping a huge secret from his brothers and his sensei/father but only he is not a mutant turtle at all from before. Read and found out