I Made a Promise

By isabellaangel417

Promises... we all make them. We all have them. They're easy to make, but hard to keep. But do they have any... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 76

31 2 1
By isabellaangel417

~Skylar is 37 weeks-
-Mid-February-
~Skylars POV~
I stopped working 2 weeks ago and was put on bedrest. I'm a bit upset that I had to stop working, especially since I was just working at a desk. But I understand why I have to be on bedrest and honestly, it's been really relaxing on my body to not have to worry about working and the stress on working on cases.

Not having to work right now is one weight that I can take off my shoulders, and considering all the other stress factors between our daughter's health, to worrying about Daniel at work since I can't be with him. It's been a weird last few weeks.

My body has been adjusting to this end of pregnancy stage and it's just hurting everywhere. My legs, back, ribs, shoulders, everything has been hurting. We're officially all ready for this baby. The one thing we still haven't done, is pick a name. We really have to get on that soon. Dr. Collins said that I can go into labor anytime now.

It was a Saturday. Daniel was out doing some errands for work, and Maxx was here, he was just in his room. It was half past noon right now. I was doing the dishes in the kitchen right now. Then Maxx came out.

"Morning." He yawned, scratching his hair and getting some drunk out of the fridge.
"Morning? It's 12:30 already." I laughed.
"Seriously? Damn..." he yawned.
"Yea, what time did you go to bed last night?" I asked him.

"Uh... like... 2am." He said.
"What? Why?" I asked him.
"I was watching some show on Netflix and I couldn't stop watching it." He chuckled.
"You need to stop going to bed so late. Anyways, you got any plans today?" I asked him.

"Yea, I'm going out with some friends at around 5." He told me.
"Where you guys going?" I asked him.
"I'm not too too sure... it was like a last mintier thing I got invited to." He explained.
"Well, sounds good. Just be back before Midnight." I told him.

"Where's Daniel?" He asked me.
"He's out doing something, left just over 2 hours ago. He should be coming back in maybe an hour or two." I explained.
"Alright, I'm gonna go take a shower. You need my help with anything first?" He asked me.
"Uh no, I think I'm good." I chuckled.

~few hours later~
It was now 5 Maxx just left like 5 minutes. And I was wondering where Daniel was. Just as I was about to text him, the front door opened. I looked at the door and saw Daniel walk in. He smiled and came over to me.

"Hey baby, what took you so long?" I chuckled as he kissed him.
"They wanted me to keep staying longer to help them, but I kept explaining that I didn't want to leave you home alone any longer. So it was a whole lot of arguing with them. Trying to explain how I used to be so... go with the flow and available anytime. But I've changed I mean, I have you, we're about to become parents... it was just... A whole lot of yelling, and I left before anything got worse." He explained.

"Who? Who were you with? What are you doing?" I asked him.
"Working on a case... outside of work..." he explained.
"Please don't tell me you're working with that Peterson guy again..." I told him. JJ Peterson is one of Daniel's friends he's had since he was really young. But he's a dirty cop, like one of those cops that I knew back in Chicago.

He looked away and rubbed his face.
"Babe..." I groaned.
"Look, Sky, we've been friends since 1st grade. He needs my help on a case. I agreed to help him... then he got mad because I had to leave when we were just getting somewhere and... we started yelling, and I left before I could even think about punching him on the spot..." he explained.

"I told you to stop working with him... you're gonna get yourself in a mess that you won't be able to clean up." I told him, running my fingers through his hair.
"Yea I know... I made it clear that I'm not helping him again for a while..." he sighed and looked at me.

I nodded my head and stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say.
He put his hand on my stomach and smiled.
"Speaking of becoming parents... how've you been today? You think she's going to come soon?" He asked me.
"I hope not... I would like it if she could cook a little more..." I chuckled.

He laughed and smiled.
"You know, we should really figure out her name." He told me.
I sat up.
"Ok, what were you thinking?" I asked him.
"Ok so, I heard this name like forever ago, and I knew that I immediately wanted to name my future daughter this... how do you feel about Gracie?" He asked me.

When I heard him say that name, my jaw dropped.
"Do you like it?" He asked me.
I nodded my head and I just started tearing up, I don't know why. It was super similar to the name I wanted.
"Are you joking?" I asked him.
"No... why?" He asked, confused.

"Because the name I wanted... Gracelyn... it was the name that I told you about.. the one that I told you that Cam and I argued about who would use it for their daughter." I smiled.
He smiled.
"So... did we just figure out a name?" He laughed.

I smiled and nodded my head.
"We picked a name..." I smiled, wiping my tears.
"Gracelyn Quinn..." he smiled.
"And we can call her Gracie. I was planning on using that as a nickname anyway..." I smiled.
"What about a middle name?" He asked me.
"I'm not too sure right now... maybe we could figure that out soon." I laughed.

~few hours later~
~Daniel's POV~
It was now 11pm, almost midnight. I was in the living room doing some stuff on my computer and Skylar was in our room, probably sleeping. I was just about to close my computer when I heard a knock at the front door.

I went over to the door and opened it and saw Maxx with another guy.
"Hey, are you Maxx's dad?" The guy asked me. He had Maxx's arm around his shoulders.
"Um... why? Is he ok?" I asked, looking at Maxx.
"He kinda had a lot to drink... and I didn't feel comfortable letting him go home by himself." He said, handing Maxx over.

"Alright yea. Uh.. thanks... who are you again?" I asked him.
"Uh Chris." He said, shaking my hand. I nodded my head. Maxx talks about his friends a lot, but I've never seen any of them.

Chris left and I brought Maxx over to his room. You could smell the alcohol radiating off of him.
"Alright bud, let's get you to bed..." I said.
"No way, did you get a hair cut?" He laughed, looking at me. He was being loud and I was trying to make hit shut up because I didn't want him to wake up Skylar.

"Alright, just be quiet..." I told him.
He went on his bed and I went back out to the kitchen to get him some Gatorade and Advil.
I went back into the room to Maxx laying his bed, with the pillows over his head.

"Hey, here. Drink this and take these." I told him.
"No I'm good... I think I'm gonna just sleep here for the next 10 years..." he groaned.
"Come on, this'll make your hangover 1000x better." I told him.

He sat up and he drank it.
"Can you... do me a favor?" He asked me.
"Yea what's up?" I asked him.
"Can you please not tell Skylar about this? I don't need her yelling at me..." he asked me.
"Sure... I will, if you tell me what this whole thing was that you were just at? You promised her that you wouldn't drink anymore if you were out of the house." I told him.

He looked down and I sat at his desk chair.
"I won't tell your sister, but you gotta help me to help you..." I explained to him.
He rubbed his face and started sleeping again. I realized he was probably too wasted to even keep trying to talk to him.

He just passed out. I checked his pulse to make sure he was ok, then I covered with him a blanket and put the bottle of Advil and another bottle of Gatorade on the nightstand.
"Sleep tight bud." I whispered.
I left the room and closed the door behind me.

I went to mine and Skylar's room.
She was awake in bed.
"Hey, it's late. Why are you up?" I asked her as I started taking my clothes off to get ready for bed.
"Our daughter... she was kicking me in the ribs... why are you up?" She asked me, laying back down.

"I was just.. finishing some work up." I told her.
"Hey did Maxx ever come home? I told him to be back before midnight..." she yawned.
"Yea, uh... he came home just a little while ago." I told her.

She sleepily looked at me and held her arms out.
I smiled and went to bed. She moved herself up and rested herself on me and laid down right next to me, leaning on me. I kissed the top of her head and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you..." I heard her whisper before I felt her body completely go limp as she fell asleep.
I smiled and stroked her hair.
"I love you more..." I whispered.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 249 163
Book 1 of the Miracles Series. Dreams can come true. That's what people always tell you to keep you motivated. However, Matthew Casey and Gabriella D...
40.5K 557 36
It's been 10 years... Jessica was returning to Chicago for her high school reunion. She hadn't spoken to anyone from Chicago since she left the night...
12K 6 162
Book 3 of the Miracles series. Matt and Gabby had it all. They were married again, they finally had a child and everything was perfect. In this third...
18K 392 101
So what will happen in the next chapter of the Brielle Severide's life? An arson case? Moving out? The fire academy? Love interests? She's out of h...