I'll Love You For A Lifetime...

By urlocalfrog1134

Until Alice Oseman comes up with a Tara and Darcy story, here's mine x A brief overview: Follow Tara and Darc... More

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH Y'ALL🏳️‍🌈
Year 7: The meeting
Year 7: The knowing
Year 7: Exam season
Year 8: Nick Nelson
Year 8: The twat in the locker room
Year 8: Releasing negative energy
Year 8: Talk to me
Year 8: Drenched!
Year 8: Y-You never told me
Year 8: Vanora Carter
Year 8: Fluff
Year 9: Remember this is the room?
Year 9: Family
Year 9: George
Year 9: Uh, she sprained her ankle I guess?
Year 9: Lonely
Year 9: Cecelia
Year 9: She's a very special friend, isn't she?
Year 10: Charlie Spring
Year 10: White li(n)es
Year 10: Boys and Men
Year 10: Party
Year 10: If the walls could speak
Year 10: Tell your secrets to the bees
Hot summer nights, mid July
Year 11: The new girl
Year 11: Emotions
Year 11: Baby came home
Year 11: Date (part 1)
Year 11: Date (part 2)
Year 11: Drag King
Year 11: You've befriended the school lesbians
Year 11: Calm down tiger
Year 11: Harry's party
Year 11: Shaped by the clearest blue
Year 11: The necklace
Year 11: GIRLFRIENDS🏳️‍🌈
Growing up: part 1
Growing up: part 2
Growing up: part 3

Year 11: Confession

365 10 3
By urlocalfrog1134

Darcy's pov

I woke up the next day to my phone ringing loudly in my ear. I rubbed my eyes and looked around me, confused. I was trying to figure shit out when I saw Tara sitting huddled up in a corner of my bed, as if there was a serial killer on my end of the bed, and I involuntarily let out a shriek. Tara widened her eyes and placed a finger on her lips and then pointed the same finger at my ringing phone.

It was my mother.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck," I said under my breath, and then picked the call.

"Why did you just scream?" she asked in a stern voice. I was in trouble for something, but I did not know what.

"Ugh, sorry, fell out of the bed," I groaned, and since I had just woken up, I hoped I sounded convincing.

"Why is your door locked? And why is Georgina's open and she is not there?"

I blinked.

George. Fuck. He was still at the drag. That stupid pain in the ass.

"Oh, yeah, George- I mean Georgina's bathroom was not working, so h-she is in my bathroom."

"Open the door," she said, followed by a sharp tap on my door. Tara winced.

"Oh, actually I am not dressed," I said, "you can go it's fine. We will be out in a while."

"Five minutes, Darcy, hurry up," she said and then I heard footsteps walk away.

I exhaled and placed my phone on the bed.

Tara looked at me questioningly.

"George's not here, I have to call him," I whispered. "Also, I think you have to leave from the window."

Tara nodded solemnly, looking disappointed but not surprised. I gave her the sweatshirt and sweatpants I had taken out for her and told her to wear them while I placed a call to George. And that fucker did not pick it up.

I sighed and called Kay instead. I had barely put the phone to my ear and they picked it up. "Where's George?"

"Umm...he's in the other room. Something's up?"

"Yeah, mom has noticed he is not home," I whispered urgently, "Tell him to wear some casuals and come in through my window. He left his bedroom door open, can you believe it?"

"Don't worry, he's just a kid. He will learn. Wait lemme tell him..." they said, and cut the call.

I tapped my fingers on the black screen for a while and then typed a quick message to him:

Reach my window in five.

George's pov

I looked at my face in the mirror. A night of playing pillow fight and thin streaks of tears had ruined the fabulous makeup the drag kings had help me do. I looked down at my body, binded flat at my chest, and relished it because I knew it would be a while before I got to look like this again.

I heard some footsteps approaching and quickly washed my face, only making it more messy in the process. I heard someone chuckle softly through the door I had left a bit ajar. I turned around and saw Kay peeking at me.

"Your sister called," they said as they walked in. They were already out of their drag outfit. "Your mom found out you're not at home. Now go run."

"Aww man," I said, jutting my lower lip out. I had been having such a good time. I pinched my eyebrows, "Could you help me with this?" I said, waving my hand in the general direction of my face.

Kay shook their head and took some cotton pads out of their cabinet, and poured some liquid - which I assumed was makeup remover - all over it. I stretched out my hand to take it, but they moved closer to me and said, "Let me. It will be faster that way."

I nodded and closed my eyes as they cupped one hand around my chin and used the other to wipe away the mess I had made. They had long fingers, and the way they touched my face, gentle but not too soft, it stirred something in me. I held my breath and let them complete. Meanwhile, my brain wandered off to last night.

Kay pulled off the drag queen look so good, it might as well be their real identity. I tried to steal their confidence, but figured it only suited them, no one else. They made me laugh. They hung around with me when no one else did. I wondered if what I was feeling right now was the result of true feelings or was it just because someone had been decent to me for once. The bare minimum.

"There, done," they said and I opened my eyes. I felt dazed, like it had all been a dream. But I looked down at my outfit. It had certainly not.

Kay looked at me in silence for a while. "I wish you could stay longer."

I had to hold myself from saying a pathetic You do? Instead I sighed, "Me too. This was such a relief."

Kay gave me a sad little smile. They squeezed my shoulder and said, "Come on, let's get you dressed down before you get yourself into more trouble."

Then they did something that sent my heart into rhythms I did not think was humanly possible. They slipped their hand in mine and walked with me back to their own room to give me the clothes I had been wearing when I came here. Some random hoodie and jeans.

"Take care," they said, placing a hand on my cheek, "Get dressed and I'll walk you out."

They walked out of the room.

I took off the fancy shirt and laces and looked down at my chest, wrapped securely with an elastic bandage. I took a deep breath and was about to take it off, but I stopped. I could not take it off. I just physically could not. Something wouldn't let me. I threw on the hoodie and walked out.

"Let's go."

Kay walked me home in complete silence. It felt good after the loud noisy night, it felt good. Kay waved me off a few metres away from my place, and I stealthy walked towards the backdoor until I reached Darcy's window, I had seen her message. She saw me and opened the window so slowly it was actually comical.

"Help Tara come out first," she whispered and I noticed her behind Darcy. I waved at her and she smiled.

"Exchange complimentaries later, we have to make out of this alive," Darcy whispered, annoyed.

I helped Tara escape safely and then went inside through Darcy's window. As soon as I had jumped in, our mom's voice floated in through the door, "Darcy! Aren't you dressed yet?"

***

A couple of hours later, Darcy walked into my room and leaned against the wall, "You are such a noob."

Since I was playing Minecraft on my computer at that time, I frowned at her, "Excuse me? I play loads better than you, noob."

She rolled her eyes, "I meant that you left your door open. That was the dumbest rookiest move ever."

"Is rookiest even a word?"

"Don't change the topic."

"Fine, okay, yeah it was dumb of me, sorry," I sighed.

"There, how hard was it to admit it?" Darcy said, a playful smile on her lips. She walked inside the room and plopped down on my bed.

"So, how was last night?"

"Yeah, it was good," I nodded. Then I stopped playing for a moment and turned towards Darcy. "I have something to tell you."

Darcy raised her eyebrow, "Okay, I'm all ears."

I looked at her deadly serious and then said, "I think I am trans."

Darcy rolled her eyes, and said "Are you kidding me," and I started laughing.

"On a serious note though, I do have something to tell you," I said, twirling my chair around.

Darcy crossed her arms, and turned away, "I'm not falling for that again."

"No really," I said, and when Darcy did look at me, a part of me felt like I should have left it at the joke. I looked down at my thumbs twiddling in my lap as I confessed, "I think I have a crush on Kay."

Darcy blinked at me and then choked out a "What?"

"I know they are a lot older than me, they probably see me as a little kid, they have a girlfriend blah blah," I said, tilting my head back and looked at the ceiling, "I know it's unrealistic, but it is what it is."

"No no no," Darcy said, "That's not what surprised me, but...Kay broke up with their girlfriend."

It was my turn to be dumbfounded, "You mean..."

"They are single," Darcy nodded, "and don't worry about the too young part, their ex girlfriend was just a year older than you. Come on, they are around my age."

Butterflies erupted in my stomach, but I immediately shook my head. I could not let my feelings get the best of me. "Don't make me dream, Darcy. It's not fair."

"What?" Darcy said, "I'm just speaking facts."

I sighed, "Shut up."

Darcy pursed her lips, "Want me to tell th-"

"No!" I said, a little too loud.

"Okay, fine," Darcy threw her arms up in mock surrender, "Won't say a word. Promise."

I acted like I was annoyed at Darcy, but my heart was doing somersaults. Could I ever be bold enough to tell them myself?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.6K 24
Natasha Romanoff x Fem!OC "I care too much to let myself love; to let myself end up hurting them" Azara's tragically timed and unplanned visit to Sta...
1.4K 104 23
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
13.1K 78 21
Only gonna write fluff, angst & horror!! -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/- All characters & cover belong to Alice Oseman!!!
58.2K 1.2K 36
ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO ALICE OSEMAN (Takes place in between books 3-4 and Nick is aware of Charlie's eating disorder) Charlie has been struggling a...