I Made a Promise

Por isabellaangel417

Promises... we all make them. We all have them. They're easy to make, but hard to keep. But do they have any... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 73

34 2 0
Por isabellaangel417

~Skylar's POV~
I got out of the car and ran over.

"Ma'am stand back, this is an active scene." A police officer stopped me.
I held out my badge.
"Detective Skylar Severide. This is my unit, that's my husband." I told him.
"Ma'am the scene is not safe. Let the medics take care of your-" he was saying, but I pushed past him.

I went over to the stretcher and saw Daniel on it.
"Baby, baby, can you hear me?" I rubbed him.
I looked at him. I couldn't tell where he was shot.
"Talk to me, Daniel, Talk to me, please!" I cried.
"Skylar, come on... let's the medics handle him..." Liz said, pulling me away.
"No! No!" I cried, trying to wake him.

Her and Kyle both had to pull me away from Daniel and the medics started taking off his gear and there was a bullet right in his ribs. He was loosing so much blood.
"Oh my god..." I cried.

"Alright he's got no pulse. He's loosing a ton of blood and he might have a collapsed lung. We gotta transfer him now." One of the medics said.
"Where are you taking him?" Liz asked them.
"We'll be taking him to West Field." The paramedic said.

"Come on, I'll drive you." Liz told me. I was crying so much, I couldn't believe what was happening.
"He can't be gone, he can't..." I cried to her.
"No, he's going to be fine. Don't talk like that.." she told me.

Liz, Kyle, and I got in a vehicle and drove to the hospital.
"This isn't happening... this isn't happening..." I whispered under my breath. Liz was in the backseat with me because I was just a wreck.

"I wish I could tell you it wasn't..." she told me.
"He can't be dead, Liz, he can't!" I told her.
"Hey, Sky, he isn't, trust us. Dan's one of the strongest people I know. He'll make it." Kyle said.

We got to the hospital and Daniel was in a room.
"Baby? Baby, can you hear me?" I asked him.
He was more stabilized now.

"Skylar, hey." Dr. Patterson told me.
"Hey, um... is- is he going to be ok?" I asked him.
"Well, we took an X-ray and the bullet didn't hit anything major. It's just in the chest tissue. However, he does need surgery to remove it. That bullet is close to an artery and if that bullet gets into an artery, that's a number of issues. Will you authorize the surgery?" He asked me.
"Yes, yes of course!" I said.

"Let's get him prepped, call the OR." He ordered to his nurses. I grabbed his hand.
"You'll be doing the surgery?" I asked him.
"Yes." He said.
"Please... don't let him die... I need him..." I begged him.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to let anything happen to him." He reassured me.

They started moving Daniel.
"Wait, can I tell him something before you take him up?" I asked the nurses.
"Yea go ahead." One of them told me.
I held Daniel's hand and stroked his cheek.

"You're going to be ok... you're going to pull out of this and you'll be ok... please... I can't loose you..." I whispered.
Then I let them take him.
I broken down and Liz had to grab me.

"Okay... hey... it's alright..." she told me.
I looked at her.
"What if... what if doesn't-" I was saying, but she stopped me.
"Don't you dare finish that thought. You said it yourself, he's going to be ok and he'll pull out of that surgery better than ever." She told me.

Kyle looked outside.
"Hey, everyone else is here, I'm gonna go inform them." He told me.
Liz and I both nodded our heads. And then he walked out.
Liz saw 2 chairs in the room and pulled them both up. We both sat in them.

I put my hand in my stomach and took some deep breaths. I know I shouldn't be so stressed out and worried because the baby, but what am I supposed to do? My husband is hanging on by a thread. As far as I know, so is my baby, and quite frankly, so am I.

Then we heard a knock. I looked up and saw Dr. Collins.
"Skylar, hi. What's wrong? I saw them wheeling Daniel into the OR." She told me.
"He got... shot at work..." I told her, my voice was very weak and broke.

"I'm so sorry... but... you know that you really have to try and stay calm. Given your baby's heart problems..." She told me.
I nodded my head.
"I'm trying..." I said.
Then her pager went off and she went to another room.

Liz looked at me.
"Is that what you've been hiding?" She asked me.
I looked at her and completely forgot she was there.
"What do you mean?" I asked her, trying to play dumb.
"Skylar don't lie to me. Everyone could tell that you and Daniel were hiding something. However, none of us wanted to pry because we didn't know if it was good news or bad news... and now I just here that your baby has a heart defect?" She asked me.

I looked at her and just broke down again.
"Her heart rate is irregular and it keeps getting worse..." I told her.
"What? Oh my god..." Liz said.
"Daniel and I don't know what to do... Dr. Collins keeps telling us to terminate the pregnancy, but I have hope... she's a fighter I know it..." I cried.
Liz looked at me and just pulled me in.
"It's ok... she's going to be ok... Daniel's going to be ok... you're all going to be ok..." she said.

-3 hours later-
It's been 3 hours and we haven't heard anything about Daniel.
I was pacing back and forth in the room. Liz was in the room with me still as well. She was sitting down.
"Hey Skylar... why don't you sit down? You've been doing this pacing thing for probably an hour already." She told me.

I shook my head.
"I just want to know how Daniel's doing..." I weakly said with tears running down my face. Liz got up and came over to me.
"Skylar I mean it. You need to sit down. I'll go find someone to give us some information." She told me.

She pulled me over to my chair and I sat down. Then she left the room.
She came back after 2 minutes with a nurse.
"Hello, can I help you guys?" She asked us.
"I need to know how my husband's doing. He's been in surgery for over 3 hours now." I told her.

"Ok, what's your husband's name?" She asked me.
"Daniel Quinn." I told her.
"Ok, I'm going to find out. Just hang tight." She told us.
She left the room and now Liz and I were by ourselves again.

The room was filled with silence apart from the noise in the ER. But I was just thinking of so many different things right now. If Daniel was ok, if our baby was ok, what is his condition, how long would he be out of work, would be be able to even get back to work?

But my overthinking was stopped when I started hearing Liz's voice.
"Sky... Hey, Skylar." I heard her say. I looked at her.
"What?" I asked her.
Then I noticed Dr. Patterson came back.

"Daniel's surgery was a rollercoaster, he was stubborn as hell, but he's doing ok. We're keeping him up in the ICU for the night to monitor him. But you're welcome to come up and see him." He told me.
I looked at Liz.
"Go see him, I'll go update everyone." She smiled.

I followed Dr. Patterson and we went up to the ICU and found Daniel. He was unconscious and lying there.
I went over to him and held his hand.
"When will he wake up?" I asked Dr. Patterson.

"He should be waking up in about 10 minutes.." he told me.
"What about his recovery process? How long will he be off work for?" I asked him.
"Well, usually for this injury, about 2 weeks, but because the surgery went a bit sideways, I'd give it closer to 4 weeks." He explained.

I nodded my head.
"Ok... thank you..." I told him.
He left the room and now I was by myself with Daniel. I sat in the chair right next to his gurney and I stroked his hand.

Then I saw him move his head in my direction and he fluttered his eyes open.
"Hey..." I smiled and stroked his hair.
"What... what happened?" He coughed.
"You... got shot..." I told him.

He looked at me and then looked down at the covered up wound. He stayed quiet and then sunk into the bed, remembering everything.
"Oh my god... I'm sorry.. are you ok?" He asked me.
I looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you serious? Baby, stop thinking about me for once! You just got shot and had surgery and you're still thinking about me?" I asked him.
He looked at me sleepily and stroked my hair.
"I'll never stop thinking about you..." he smiled.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

42.7K 495 21
What will happen when Stella shares a massive secret with Severide which heavily impacts their future only moments before she's seriously hurt. (My...
75.2K 1.5K 61
Based on the season 5 finale and onward to season 6. This story is all about what I think will happen and what I want to happen in the upcoming se...
44.9K 249 163
Book 1 of the Miracles Series. Dreams can come true. That's what people always tell you to keep you motivated. However, Matthew Casey and Gabriella D...
83 12 30
*Do not copy and past* *I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PICTURES ALL OF THEM ARE FROM PINTEREST* 🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈 "I promise everything's going t...