Pleasing (H.S)

By white_eyes_

He is a rockstar, but also her boss. She is a creative director, who happens to work in pleasing. This is the... More

Intro
prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
epilogue
epilogue (Iris' version)

three

3.6K 68 13
By white_eyes_

Iris

Today is Saturday and that means that it is the only day Mick could have a meeting. But that also means that Emma has to be there with me. My sister and Florence can't take care of her because they are out of town and Millie's parents are on a trip to San Francisco to see Patrick's family. So, Emma has to be with me. I called Molly first thing in the morning asking her if that was allowed. She sounded excited to finally meet my little one. Emma, is excited too. She is happy that she is going to see Mick again. Harry too. 

She met him a month ago and she asks about him from time to time. She seems to be in love with him already and i don't even know how to feel. She is a very extroverted kid but she never showed this much fondness to someone. Harry doesn't know about my daughter's little crush on him but i am sure that by the end of this day he will know everything.

I am driving to the office while Emma sings a song that she learned in the kindergarten. She holds her bunny in her hands and she hugs him from time to time. Mister Bunny is her best friend. She has him a long time and she is really attached to this bunny. She tells him all of his secrets and talks to him when she feels overwhelmed. 

"Emma, we are here honey. Are you ready to see Mick again?"

"Yes, I miss him. He nice." 

"I know baby, he is."

"Harry is here?"

"Yes, he is." 

"Nice." She tells me with the biggest smile on her lips. I help her to get out of the car and once her feet are on the road, she gives me her hand to hold. Her blonde curls are at their best today and i am really jealous of this little girl. My curls are never that good. She took the best characteristics from both me and her excuse of a father. 

We enter the office and i see in front of me Molly, Harry and Mick talking to each other. My daughter looks at them too but she only shouts one name. 

"Mick." She leaves my hand and runs to where he stands. 

"Oh, the little monster. What a surprise." He crouches down to take her into his arms. They know each other from when Emma was a baby. My previous boss is really good friends with him and we visited him from time to time. I always had Emma with me. 

"I not monster." She tells me, doing a grammatical error. 

"You are a big girl now, wow." 

"I am." She agrees and then looks in front of her. She first looks at Molly and then to the love of her life, Harry. "Hi, Harry." She only waves at Harry making the four of us laugh. 

"Hi, Miss Emma. How are you?" 

"I'm good, thank you."

"Emma." I tell her and it is the only time she acknowledges me. "Say Hi to Molly baby."

"Hi Molly." She tells Molly, making her giggle. 

"Hello, Emma. I'm so glad I meet you." 

"Me too." Emma says agreeing, but i know that she didn't completely understands what Molly said to her. 

"Hello, Iris. How are you?" Harry asks me.

"I'm fine. Thank you all for letting me bring the little trouble with me." 

"It's alright." 

Harry Lambert enters the office. He's eyes go to my daughter and he immediately throws down his tote bag and walk straight to us. 

"Hello you all. Hello, little lady."

"Hello Lamby." She giggles. 

"I missed you little miss." 

"I missed Harry." I guess it is the time that Harry gets to know about her love for him. Everybody is looking at Emma and then eventually to Harry, who is blushing. 

"I missed you too Emma." He tells her making her hide her head to Mick's neck. My daughter, who loves being the center of attention, just felt ashamed. 

"She is the cutest." Molly tells me. "Now, i think it is the time for the meeting to start. Jeff couldn't be here." 

"I can take her." I tell to Mick and he assures me that he is fine. My daughter tells him about her new school and how she made a friend.

"Emma, come sit here with mummy darling. We have to be quiet and let the others talk, alright?"

"Can we get ice cream after?" 

"You had ice cream yesterday darling." 

"We can all go for ice cream after." Lambert says trying to get my daughter to like him. 

"Thank you Lamby." 

She sits quiet all the meeting. This kid is so well behaved and i don't know how she manages it. 

"That's all for today." Molly says and Mick's manager looks at her nodding. One day I aspire to be like Molly. She talks like she knows it all. 

"Thank you Mick for everything." Harry's the first one to hug Mick and thank him. Mick whispers something to him and then proceeds to look at me. 

"You don't have to thank me. I would do anything for you and my favorite little girl, Emma." Emma giggles. "We have to decline the ice cream though. I have a little family gathering today and Mark said that he is going to be there." 

"Don't worry. We can all go another time." 

"I have to decline too, my kids are waiting for me." Molly says. 

"Should the four of us go then?" 

"Of course." Emma answers before me excitelly.

"Her crush on Harry is bigger that i thought." I whisper to Lambert and he laughs. 

We leave the building together and we all go to our cars. 

"Are you happy that you are going to eat ice cream with the Harrys?" I ask Emma.

"Yes, I like them. Lamby is funny." Maybe her crush on Harry wasn't that big. 

We arrived in the ice cream shop a few minutes after the Harrys. Emma is waving at them and they are waving back. 

"Harry, can you hold me?" She asks when we go inside to order. I was wrong, her crush is big enough and the stupid boy will fold. 

"Of course darling." He takes her and i can't deny that he looks good with a kid on his clasp. "What are you going to eat?"

"Chocolate, with sprinkles. You?"

"Mint chocolate." 

"Ew, that's what mum gets. It's yucky." 

"It isn't darling. It is very tasty. You have to try it." Harry tries to change her mind. 

"No, thank you." 

We all order and we are going to a table further than the rest of them because we don't want people to notice us. Emma continues to sit on Harry's legs while having a conversation with him. I don't know how she is so sociable. 

"She really is in love with him." Harry Lambert says to me. 

"I know, he calls him prince Harry from time to time. He reminds her of the prince from Little Mermaid." 

"He took an audition a few years ago to play prince Eric actually." Lambert informs me while eating his ice cream.

"You are kidding me, right?"

"Nope." 

"Don't ever say anything to my daughter, she is going to be devastated." 

"My lips are sealed." 

After that I hear what my daughter tells to Harry. 

"Harry, how is your sister?"

"She is smart and beautiful. Just like you."

"I always wanted a little sister to play but mummy says that it can't happen."

"I hope one day you get your little sister Emma." 

"I have Millie." She forgets immediately about the sister. 

"She is your best friend, right?"

"Yes, she the bestest. She has two dads." He says excitedly. 

"Oh, wow." Harry matches her excitement. 

"Yes, mummy says that families are different. Some people don't have a mummy, others don't have a daddy and others have two mums or two dads. I don't have a daddy." 

"I don't have a daddy too." He tells her whispering, like he only wants her to listen his secret.

"It's alright Harry." She pats his arm making us all laugh. This girl is so good for this world. 

"I know darling. You know it too right?" 

"Yes, i don't need a daddy. I have mummy, and aunt Tonya, and aunt Florence." She messes Flo's name. 

"Wow, so many people." 

"I know. And Millie, and her dads." 

"You are so lucky, Ems." 

"I know." She says dramatically. I can see the bond between the two of them creating. 

"Emma."  I tell to get her attention. "We have to go home now. Aunt Ton and Aunt Flo is already home and they are waiting for you to see Tangled." 

"Oh, it's late. Okay." She tells and try to escape Harry's arms.

"Where are you going to miss? Give me a hug." She hugs him and i see him whispering something to her. She nods and then says goodnight to the both of them. I say goodbye as well and i take my daughter's hand to guide her to the car. 

"Did you have a good time today?"

"Yes, Harrys are the best. Can we go for ice cream again?" 

"You have to ask them darling." 

"Okay." 

She fell asleep while I was driving. She must be exhausted but i know that when she sees her aunts she will be full awake and tell them everything. They are making fun of me and they say to date Harry so my daughter can see her prince everyday. 

The truth is Harry and I become closer and closer as the days go by. We have a lot of commons but nobody does something to make this situationship to continue. We just spend our time in the office together and there are times that we find ourselves texting each other. We text about movies, songs and even cooking advice. He said he wanted to be a better cook and I, being myself, wanted to help him. So whenever he is in trouble, i am always there to find a solution.

"Wake up honey, we are home." 

"It's late." 

"Yes, but your aunties are waiting for you." 

"I will tell them about Harry." 

"Tell them whatever you want to baby." 

We go to their flat before we go to ours. Tonya had made pasta, Emma's current favorite, and she immediately tells my daughter that she has to eat. Tonya was there when nobody wasn't and i know that i will never be able to pay her back. 

"How was your day with your mum Ems?" 

"That's what Harry calls me." She completely folded.  

"Oh, did you see him again?" Florence asks her and Emma nods while eating her pasta. "How was he?"

"He is pretty. I like him. Lamby too." 

"Who's Lamby?" Tonya asks me.

"Harry's stylist and also creative director of pleasing." 

"Oh, i see." 

"Emma, tell them who we saw today."

"Oh, we saw Mick. I missed him." 

"How so?"

"He is going to be the new face of pleasing."

"Oh my god, your idea became a reality." 

"Yes, I'm so excited for the world to see this collection. It is going to be amazing." 

"When it it coming out?"

"The next year. Before Coachella, I think." 

"It is currently November. And you have the collection ready?" 

"Yes, we already looking for our summer one. Harry has some ideas but i don't know if i like them." 

"And you don't get to say anything because it's his company?" I nod. "Darling, he is charmed about you and your little lady. He isn't going to say anything."

"Shut up." 

My phone made a sound, and i knew that someone just texted me. I pull it out of my pocket and I see that Harry's name was the only one in my screen. 

"Ems forgot Mister Bunny."

"Emma, where is your bunny darling?" 

She looks up from her place and i see her eyes scanning the place. Before she begins to cry, I tell her that Harry has it.

"Harry found it. He will get it to you."

"Oh, sorry mummy." 

"Don't be sorry darling. You have to thank him the next time you see him." 

I ask him if he can get it to us and he, of course, agrees. I text him my address and he says to me that he will be here in an hour. 

We all sit in the couch and Tonya started the movie. Emma slept immediately. 

"I'm gonna take her to our place. Thank you for the food."

"Don't thank us. We will see you tomorrow, right?" Florence asks me. 

"Of course, goodnight." 

"Goodnight." She says and i take the lift to go to my apartment. Once, i was inside i took Emma to her room. She didn't wake up and i leave the room quietly. 

After half an hour I hear a knock to my front door. Harry is hear. I open the door and i see him in his tracksuit smiling while holding Mister Bunny. 

"A delivery for the little miss." He says.

"The little miss is sleeping. She is so in awe when she is with you that she forgets her things." 

"Shut up." He blushes.

"She really likes you Harry. Do you want to come in?"

"No, i have Oliver on the car waiting for me." He informs me about his dog. 

"Oh, give him a hug from me."

"I will. Goodnight Iris." 

"Goodnight Harry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 409 22
Violet, a travelling student, gets involved with a man named Harry Styles whilst studying abroad in France. Turns out, Harry is none other than her y...
66.8K 1K 69
Harry Styles the young single dad to a beautiful little 2 year old, but with a rough past. What happens when he meets Skylar winters? Will Harry let...
27.5K 711 56
In which she goes to EVERY LOT concert. or In which he comes out every night in the hope of seeing HER.
115K 4.5K 31
*Includes Mature Content* Harry Styles: the founder and CEO of one of the fastest-growing American record labels and recording companies in the world...