I Made a Promise

By isabellaangel417

Promises... we all make them. We all have them. They're easy to make, but hard to keep. But do they have any... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 62

34 1 0
By isabellaangel417

-Skylar is now 12 weeks-
-Early September-
~Daniel's POV~
I believe Skylar is now 12 weeks pregnant. And she's still working. Honestly, I don't know if she should anymore. No one knows that she's pregnant yet. I can't believe that's she's actually hid it this long. She's been so sick and tired, but she's been just hiding everything, but I can tell when she really isn't alright. And Liz can do. But we haven't told anyone.

I woke up to my alarm ringing. I shut it off and reset rolled over to wake Sky up because I know she has an appointment today. But she wasn't in the bed.

"Hey Sky?" I called out. But then I heard some noise from our bathroom.
I got up and opened the door and Sky was throwing up and coughing.
I quickly went by her side and held her hair for her.
When she finished, she caught her breath and brushed her teeth.

Once she finished with that, she looked at me through the mirror. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
Then she turned around and put her arms on my shoulders.
"Well... good morning.." she slightly laughed.
"Good morning." I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Sorry you had to wake up to that... not the most flattering thing..." she chuckled and rubbed her face.
I laughed under my breath and picked up her face.
"You're pregnant with our baby... and this pregnancy has been nothing but hell for you... and it's ok..." I smiled.

She grabbed my face with her hands and smiled up at me.
"How did I get so lucky?" She asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"All I did was walk into a coffee shop... and rest is history." I smiled.

We went back to the room.
"We have your appointment today." I told her.
She groaned and fell onto the bed.
"I forgot about that..." she mumbled.
I laughed and pulled her up off the bed.

"Come on... I remember you telling me that the appointment is at 10, and it's 830 right now." I explained to her.
She looked at me and nodded her head.
"Yea.. you're right..." she told me.
"Alright, let's get ready." I smiled.

I got ready in just jeans and a jacket. It's getting a bit colder here in LA.
When I was ready. I noticed Skylar looking at herself in the mirror, a bit confused.
"What are you doing, baby?" I asked her.

"I.. think I'm getting a bump now.." she said.
She showed me and she was right. We haven't been at work in 5 days. Our schedule is never really solid, it's always changing. And we missed last shift because Skylar was so sick and I didn't want to leave her alone because I was afraid that all her vomiting was going to lead her to dehydration. So she's been wearing mostly just shorts and oversized shirts.

I smiled as I saw how much Skylar's face lit up. This girl was meant to be a mom. She's so excited. And I'm excited to start a family with her.
"Yea you're right..." I smiled and gave her a kiss.
"It's like.. crazy, I feel like it happened so fast..." she laughed.

"Well... that's our little baby in there.." I smiled.
She smiled up at me and kissed me.
"I know we haven't told anyone yet... but who do you wanna tell first? Liz and Kyle? My parents? Your parents? David and Lia?" I asked her.
She thought about it.

"Well, we need to tell your parents first because I know I'm going to be stopping now. Probably within the next 2 shifts. And... I don't know, I was thinking about just not telling my family at all and just show up with a baby." She laughed.
I laughed too.

"That would be funny." I chuckled. "But what about holidays? You'll still be pregnant for those higher holidays." I told her.
"But you said we'd spent time with your family this year. Since last year, we were with mine." She said.
"You're right." I told her. Completely forgetting we agreed to do that.

Last year, her family flew here for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Skylar doesn't want to go back to Chicago. And I respect that. She has a bad past there and she doesn't want to remember anything.

"I'm gonna make us some breakfast, what do you want?" I asked her.
"Um... I'll just have a vanilla protein shake." She said.
"No, that's all you've eaten for the past 2 weeks. You need real food." I chuckled.

"Because that's all I can keep down..." she laughed.
"Come on, just think of anything that you or the baby want..." I told her.
She looked down at her stomach.
Then she looked back up at me, excitedly.

"You figured something out?" I laughed.
"French toast." She laughed.
"So this baby likes sweets." I laughed and pulled her in.
She chuckled and nodded her head.
"I guess so..." she laughed.

I went out and made her the food.
Once I was done, she came out and we both ate.
Once we were both done, we had to leave.
We drove to the clinic and went inside.

Sky checked herself in, we got into a room, and waited.
"Hey baby, I'm gonna go use the bathroom, I'll be right back." I told her.
She nodded her head.
I went to the bathroom, I was only going for maybe less than 5 minutes. But when I came back, Sky was sitting on the bed, just staring at the floor, upset.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked her.
I locked up her face and her eyes were blood shot red from the crying. Then she looked off to the side and shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know... my anxiety just like went from 0-1,000 super fast and I just was filled with this fear and distress and I don't know why..." she said in almost a whisper because she was crying.

"Hey.. it's ok.." I pulled her in.
She cried into my chest.
"I'm sorry..." she managed to say.
"No, no... baby.." I pulled her away and picked up her chin. "You don't ever need to be sorry... you're pregnant with our baby... you're going to have some crazy hormones..." I explained and wiped her tears.

She nodded her head.
Then the door opened.
"Hello... oh, I can give you two a few minutes.." the doctor told us.
Skylar shook her head.

"No it's fine... these hormones are just.. a lot.." she said, wiping her tears.
"Yes, hormones can be a lot for some women... and I actually had some questions for you today regarding that kind of topic. But first, let's make sure everything is alright with the baby." Dr. Collins told us.

Sky nodded her head and laid down on the bed.
"Baby is doing just fine. Heart beat is nice and steady, growing at a good rate... healthy little baby." The Doctor smiled.
I smiled and looked at Skylar.
"See? It's ok..." I whispered to her.

Then Dr. Collins put the wand down.
"Ok.. would you like to discuss work or something else first?" She asked Sky.
"Work." Sky said.

"Alright... so.. you are 12 weeks now. Which means I'm not letting you work active duty the rest of this pregnancy. What would you like to do instead? A desk job or stop working all together?" Dr. Collins asked Sky.
Sky looked at me.
"Whatever you want to do, babe." I told her.

"I think I'll try the desk position for a bit." Sky said.
Dr. Collins nodded her head and typed on her computer.
"Do any of your family know yet?" She asked.
"No, not yet." Skylar said.

"My parents are the Sargents of our unit. And we were planning on telling them within a few days before our next shift." I explained.
"Ok.. ok... so now, would you like to talk about those hormones and perhaps some other symptoms you've been dealing with?" Dr. Collins asked her.

Sky nodded her head.
"So. One, like you saw, the hormones... they're just... so much sometimes..." Sky sighed. She rubbed her face out of exhaustion and I moved the hair out of her face.
"Do you by any chance have a history with mental illness?" Dr. Collins asked her.

Sky didn't say anything at first, then nodded her head.
"Yea... I was in the psych ward for about 7-8 months right before my senior year of high-school... and I've always struggled with anxiety and such, but.. ever since this one incident that happened that led me to the psych ward, my mental health has such been all over since... it really didn't seem to affect me as much when I met my husband..." Sky said.

"But because of the pregnancy with the hormones, everything has just come back and snowballed you in the face after it seemed to die down a bit?" Dr. Collins asked.
Sky nodded her head.
"Are there any other symptoms you have?" Collins asked her.

"Super nauseous... always tired... I always feel hungry, yet always nauseous, so I don't eat... or I barely eat and then I throw it all up... and headaches has been a big one too." Sky explained. She looked at me to see if she was missing anything.
"Oh, she also complains about her stomach feeling a little weird... she said she looked it up and it said that was normal?" I asked. Sky nodded her head, forgetting about that.

"Well, what does this feel like? More like a stabbing pain, or like a tightness?" Collins asked.
"It's like a tightness, but also like a little cramping, and then a little poke." Sky explained.
"Oh, I see... that's just your baby. See at this stage everything is developed, now it just has to grow... the discomfort your feeling is your baby growing. Your body is starting to adapt and stretch itself to make room for when your stomach starts growing larger. Since this is your first, it will be a little strenuous on your body." Collins explained.

Sky nodded her head.
"Any last questions?" Collins asked us.
We both looked at each other and shook our heads.
"Ok! I'll will print you guys out some sonogram photos and give you these files to give to your boss. I'll see you at your 16 week appointment." She smiled.

"Can you just please not say the reason why I have to stop? We want to tell them ourselves." Sky asked.
"Not an issue. Have a good day." Collins smiled.
Sky and I left the office shortly after that and we sat in the car.

~Skylar's POV~
I was looking at the sonogram photos, and thinking about how I'm going to stop working now.
"Hey babe?" I asked Daniel.
"Yea?" He asked me as he started the car.
"What would I even do at a desk? I'm so used to doing so much..." I told him.

"Well, from what I would guess... paperwork.. maybe helping us find information... I'm not too sure." He told me.
I nodded my head.
"When do you want to tell everyone?" I asked him.
"Well, why don't we invite my parents over and we can tell them?" He suggested.

"That sounds good, when?" I asked him.
"Tomorrow? I know they're free tomorrow." He told me.
"That sounds good... yea, you can call them." I said.
"What about your family?" He asked me.

"I was thinking that we just avoid them and then just invite them over and just have a baby." I laughed.
"That'd be kinda cool." He chuckled.
I smiled.

"So... let's go home, and figure out tomorrow." I told him.
He smiled at me and nodded his head.
"Yea let's go." He said.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 1K 42
Sometimes a tragedy can lead to something new and beautiful... We were supposed to be forever baby but life had other plans... KellySeverideXOC
30.8K 346 31
Kelly and Taylor have been together since freshman year of high school and are completely in love with each other. Then one night tragedy strikes and...
75.2K 1.5K 61
Based on the season 5 finale and onward to season 6. This story is all about what I think will happen and what I want to happen in the upcoming se...
83 12 30
*Do not copy and past* *I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PICTURES ALL OF THEM ARE FROM PINTEREST* 🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🖌🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈 "I promise everything's going t...