His Saint, His Jewel ✔️

By unconsentingsoul

The Saints and The Jewels. Two rival gangs in a small town in America 1960's. Both fight for dominance and t... More

author's note
Prologue
1. Introduction
2. Ms. Bella
3. Race
4. At First Sight
5. Dreamy
6. My Love
7. Advice
8. Tienes Una Novia?
9. Rage
10. Dance
11. Jazz
12. Target
13. Rocks on the Window
14. Moonlight
15. Ms. Bella Again
16. Wrong Side
17. Attacked
18. Scandal
19. Discovering a Secret
20. Birthday Boy
21. Let Them Eat Cake
22. Fall's Day
23. Profess
24. War Council
25. Carnival in Town
27. Sinister
28. Angel & Demon
29. Home Alone
30. Outage
31. One Week
32. Secret Keeper
33. Paranoid
34. Fear
35. Second Opinion
36. Carefree
37. Crossing
38. Hello, Mama & Papa
39. Slow Dance
40. Family Friend
41. Day Set
42. Revelation
43. Sleepover
44. Forever
45. Fabrics
46. Wedding
47. Honeymoon
48. Run Away
49. A New Home
50. A Future Start
51. Confronted
52. Late Night
53. A Worried Brother
54. Buddies
55. Farewell
56. Photos
57. Unbelievable
58. Exposed
59. Disgust
60. The 11th Hour
61. Traitor
62. Distance
63. Jumped
64. Doomsday
65. Long Night
66. Loyalty
67. Rosary
68. Misunderstanding
69. Hide
70. Most Wanted
71. Dawn
72. Once And For All
73. The First Punch
74. Rumble
75. It Ends Now
76. Hospital
77. Awake
78. Reunion
79. Blessing
80. Goodbye
Epilogue
Bonus 1: Letter From Dina
Bonus 2: Letter From Petey
Bonus 3: Letter From Manuel & Dolores
Bonus 4: Letter From Edmund & Charlotte
Thank You
Bonus 5: At Harvard
Bonus 6: December
Bonus 7: February

26. City-wide View

569 30 2
By unconsentingsoul

Antonio’s POV

Unfortunately I had to leave my prizes at the bottom of the ferris wheel because I had too much stuff. No worries, because Mike promised that if anything is stolen, he’ll replace it with double stuff.

The ride operator fastened our seatbelt tightly. Thankfully it seems that the operator doesn’t care that two different people who are both males are getting on a ride together. He probably doesn't get paid enough to care either way. The ride started slowly as the cheap carnival ride made its way to the top where I could see the town.

“You okay, Ant. You look scared.” Mike said as he held my hand. My heart rate slowed down as his touch calmed me. 

“I’m a little scared of heights.” I told him. I carefully looked around us. The ride continued to turn and we finally passed the top curve and made our way down. “Quick! Let go of my hand!” I said. Mike let go of my hand as we passed the bottom portion of the ride so no one saw us. 

“Can I grab your hand again?” Mike asked when the reached to a higher elevation. I nodded and he held it tight when I saw how high we were.

“If I fall, are you gonna catch me?” I asked out of the blue.

“I’d fall first and let you land on me.” He said. I leaned my head on his hard shoulder and breathed in his scent. He smells of pine and wood. A masculine scent but it has a tone of lavender with it. 

“The town looks beautiful from here.” I said, looking over at the city which shined a bit at night time. The east side of town was mostly bright. Mainly from the 24/7 bars and clubs. Meanwhile the west side was mostly dark since everyone was asleep and resting for another day of work tomorrow. 

“Not as beautiful as you.” Mike said. I giggled when he tickled my sides a bit. 

“I love you, Mike.” I said.

“You too, Ant. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met.” He said. As we kissed, my stomach rumbled. “Was caramel apples and popcorn not enough?” He joked. 

“Sorry, Mike. I guess I’m still hungry.” I said. The ride finished and we got off. Luckily, none of my gifts were stolen. Though, I wouldn’t have minded Mike buying me more. 

“When do you have to be home?” Mike asked when we got to his car. I put the stuff in the back seats.

“Probably an hour left. Why?” I asked. We got into the car and drove out. Mike began driving north of the city. Somewhere I’ve never been before.

“Have you heard of Sally’s Diner?” He asked. The name quickly rang a bell. It’s Ms. Bella’s diner. The one she opened a long time ago!

“Yes! Ms. Bella always talks about that place!” I jumped in my seat.

“You know Ms. Bella?” He asked, sounding a bit shocked.

“Yeah. Do you?” I asked.

“She’s a family friend. I’ve known her for a few years.” Mike began to pull up to the diner. The beautiful diner with neon lights was very fitting for the time. 

“I may have talked about you to her.” I blushed.

“It’s fine.” Mike opened the door. Before he got out, he turned to me. “Because I may have talked about you to her too.” So I guess we both talked about each other to Ms. Bella. That woman knows our business because we can't shut up about each other.

The inside of the diner was lit up with glowy lights. Only a few people were in. One table had a senior couple who were drinking a milkshake together. Imagine that. Growing old with the person you love. A paragon of relationships. And it’s something I truly want for myself. 

The table, upon sitting on it, was cold on my ass. I shivered, probably regretting putting on light jeans rather than thicker ones. The plastic laminated menu at the center of the table had a bit of stains from the years of use. That probably just means that this place is so good that they never have to change the menu. 

“Mike. Please, let me pay.” I pleaded to the man in front of me. He set the menu down.

“Ant. How many times do I have to say this?” He said. He got up and sat next to me. “I will always pay for us. It’s not up for discussion.” He said. I nudged him.

“One day I’ll pay for something, Mike.” I finished saying just as a woman with a bright pink uniform with a white apron walked up to our table. She held a booklet and pencil, her frizzy blonde hair pushed back in a messy bun. No doubt she’s had a long day.

“What can I get you two fellas?” She asked in a voice that’s a little too cheery for it to almost be midnight. 

“Can I get a cheeseburger and onion rings?” Mike said.

“And I’ll get a chicken burger with a vanilla milkshake.” I said. She nodded and left while we put the menus in the center of the table. The Bee Gees were playing from the jukebox. A few patrons at the bar were drinking beers while flirting with the waitresses. That old couple at the table began to leave. I watched from the window as the man opened the door for his wife and both got in.

“What’s on your mind?” Mike asked. I turned to face him with lovey-dovey eyes. 

“Ever wondered who you’d marry?” I asked, looking deep in his eyes. “And if you want to grow old with them?” I asked. Mike’s face was silent.

“The thought of marriage never intrigued me.” He said. I stayed quiet. I just realized I never really thought about marriage. Because, you know, I don’t like women. “But recently, I’ve thought differently.” Mike added. His hand grabbed mine and his finger began to rub on my ring finger.

“Could we possibly get married?” I whispered to him, my optimistic and love-sick brain wondering this question for a while.

“I-” Mike said but the waitress came with our food. We thanked her before she left to probably take a smoke break. 

“Shit!” Mike muttered. I turned to him once he put a napkin on his lap.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I didn’t order a drink.” He said. I looked at my milkshake. I have an idea.

“We can share if you want. You did pay for it after all.” I said. I slid the milkshake over to him. “And it doesn’t matter if we use the same straw.” Mike accepted the drink.

“Oh and would you look at that. I also wanted the chicken burger.” Mike said.

“Except that. I’m not sharing that.” I said. We dug into our food. I just noticed that maybe it’s not a good idea to sit near the window where people can easily see us sitting together. 

Once we ate and left, we finished the drive home. I almost fell asleep because of the amazing day I had with Mike. Even if it was for a few hours, it feels like a month.

“I’d say this was a great third date.” Mike said while I struggled to hold the stuffed animals in my arms. 

“What am I gonna do about these animals!” I said while drowning in stuffing.

“You said you went to Ms. Bella’s? Just tell Manuel she gave them to you.” Mike said. 

“You’re turning me into a liar, Mike.” I glared at him jokingly.

“And you’re turning me into a whore.” He responded. 

“Good night, Mike.” I began to walk until Mike turned me around and planted a kiss on my lips. 

“I’m a whore for you only, Ant. I love you.” He said. I refused to let him go. 

“And I too, Mike. Buenas noches, mi amor.” I said. 

“Buenas noches, Ant.” He responded. I gave him a final look before exiting the alley and walking down the street. Mike honked his car horn and drove past me. He gave a final wave before driving off into the night. I sighed in happiness.

I entered the house to be met with an angry Manny sitting on the couch. He was seething and breathing heavily while Dolores tried to calm him down.

“¿Qué está pasando? (What's going on?)” I asked. Manny stood up and made me drop all my gifts. “What the hell, Manny?!” I yelled at him. My gifts! They're all over the floor!

“Imagine my surprise when I enter your room and see that you aren’t there! And the window is open! Then I find a note saying you went to Ms. Bellas!” He held the note in his hand.

“Well, that’s where I said I was. What’s it to you?” I said and started to pick up the prizes.

“I went to her house! You weren’t there! I thought someone took you, cabrón! (idiot!)” He yelled.

“Cálmate querido. (Calm down, dear.)” Dolores tried to relax him as she rubbed his tensed shoulders.

“No! Where the hell were you!” He snapped at me. 

“I was with Dina! We went on a date!” I said the first thing in my head. It’s a lie I’ve fabricated in my head for a while when I knew something like this would happen.

“Oh. Well. Next time at least tell me, ‘manito!” He said. His tone then changed and he finally calmed down a bit. I just hope that vein on his forehead doesn't pop soon.

“Sorry, Manny. But I’m almost an adult. I should be able to go out without having to tell you everything.” I picked up the last of the toys and clutched them so they didn’t fall.

“Perdóname, Antonio. (Forgive me, Antonio.) I’m just worried about you. Okay?” Manny said. I nodded and decided to accept his apology. He’s one of the few people that truly care about me without being forced to.

“I accept your apology, Manny. But next time, don’t just yell at me. I’m an equal member in this house.” I said.

“Deal! Buenas noches, Tonito.” Manny said. 

“¡Tan feliz de que ustedes dos se hayan reconciliado! (I'm so happy you two made up!)” Dolores cheered. She kissed Manny’s cheek. He whispered in her ear and made her giggle. She said something to him which made him blush. The only person who’s made him blush. They both walked to their room, leaving me there to not try to imagine what they’re going to do. 

I walked to my room and put the bigger stuffed animals on my bed. I changed into my night clothes and hopped into bed while cuddling the animals, imagining it’s Mike with me tonight.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 11.4K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
91.5K 700 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
423K 17.5K 34
A vampire and a werewolf destined to be together? Even they can't beleive it. Read as Nicholas and Wesley struggle to find a place in their own world...
15.3M 467K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...