โœ” | atlantis โ†’ stranger thi...

By c0nfusiontype

in which, four friends suffer the pact of love, monsters and friendship. max mayfield x fem!oc steve harringt... More

ATLANTIS.
PLAYLIST.
ACT 1.
01. home again
02. newbie
03. lovers quarrel
04. it's halloween, loser
05. different
06. dustin's new pet
07. shadow monster
08. hurting
09. meat
10. trip to somewhere
11. stomach gone
12. her first move
13. trash
14. little reunion
15. resolution
ACT 2.
00. prologue
01. day of the dead
02. who's suzie?
03. trouble of connection
04. kill me slowly
05. wonderful
06. agony
07. black and green combination
08. games
09. words of the dictionary
10. pain
11. nothing normal
12. life falling perfectly
13. thinking of goodbye
14. confess. now
15. misty rain
epilogue

00. prologue

690 13 24
By c0nfusiontype

atlantis | stranger things
00   prologue

-

narrator

cameron wished she never wrote in her diary. she wished she hid it deep into nothingness, darkness, the attic but no, her stupid self just had to hide it under her bed as always without thinking her parents would barge into her room while she was at school. she never thought her father nor mother would come to such hatred towards her.

her brother, steve harrington was the king of hawkins high, the place where you start adultery. cool, right? actually, her brother was this evil in her life which would always kill her inside for even talking to everyday. she was the only relevant one in the family.

she loved her dad but hated her mom and brother. she would come home with some bruise on her face and her brother wouldn't care at all. just reminding her that his friends were coming over and that she needed to clean up.

she wanted her mom dead. from making her have diets, forcing she didn't want to do in the first place.

her mom is manipulative towards her, not steve. she thought steve was the perfect child for them, keeping their family well-known around hawkins. cameron, however, she got the worse from her no matter how hard she tries, she will never be good enough.

she was apart of the loner trio in school. henry, sophie and she would be known as stoners, loners, bullies when they were of none.

she considered hiding it in her brother's bedroom since her parents would never go there 'cause of him being a teenage boy, you don't ever know what's in their rooms so they made a rule to never take a step in his room. though cameron, she always steals money from her brother.

he always yells at her for taking his money that he earned by himself, she doubted him even doing something for him because who would imagine the golden boy of their family to work or even think about the subject.

"cameron harrington! you better come down right this instance!" a faint shout from her so-called mom. her tone seem to be furious, like cameron would listen.

"no!" cameron yelled back at her.

footsteps approached her bedroom, cameron tried to come up with an idea to escape or hide. she quickly opened her window, grabbed onto a thick-enough tree branch, went to a blind-spot where her mom couldn't see her.

her mom barged into her room, screaming her name. "cameron, where are you?!" see, a mad woman. she could hear her mumble words under her breath but she couldn't make out what she said.

she sighed in relief when she heard the door shut, loudly. it was october of 1983, halloween month and fall was in season who wouldn't have a bit of trouble in their lives.

cameron certainly didn't have any fun. when her parents came home from a year of 'working overseas' last month, she was locked in her house. the only time she could get out of the house was to go to school. she hated it, not being able to see her friends after school.

she decided to hang out on the tree a bit longer, it was quite fun. on the plus side, it had an incredible view of hawkins, being in the hills, it was convenient.

her legs swinging back and forth, she felt the branch wobble slightly but she wasn't afraid. she got scrapped pretty badly the other day when she was skateboarding anyway, what would change? she already hurt and who would care?

back to the diary part, she always wrote what was on the tip of her head. no matter how inappropriate, disturbing, disgusting it was. she would write, write and write pages long.

her mother is horrible to her and wouldn't stop at nothing to get her dirty hands on that book. she didn't care if it had a lock on it. she would still at least try and open it.

"whatcha doin' up there?" the sound of jack's voice came from below. "listening!"
jack looked puzzled. "to what?"

"your mom cooking outside!" she joked.

he laughed. "yeah? well, she's not even home!"

she carefully climbed down the tree and jumped off. "whatcha doin' here, goofball?" she started to call him ever since they were friends.

"came here to see if you wanted to go out?" he asked, offering her a toothless smile.

she held out her hand. "sure, but! only if you pay for ice-cream." he shook her hand while nodding. "why of course, i shall. my princess." he bowed.

she bonged his head. "don't call me that!" she faked blushing.

he chuckled, pulling her wrist. "come on!"

she pulled him back. "what now?" he exclaimed.

"i need my jacket," she shrugged.

he sighed in frustration. "you can use mine, we're the same size anyway." she smiled at the older boy as he grinned slightly down at her.

she thanked him while putting on the piece of leather on her body. "why is there so many chains attached to this damn thing?"

"okay, let's go." he grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with him.

-

they met up with some people cameron didn't really know but it was sorta nice to met new people, right? definitely not for her, she hated having this new feeling to others that don't know her for her. it all such a mess in her brain but she gets where it comes from.

she never wanted to be a loner, she wanted to be like her brother but not selfish like him, just a chill popular kid. she never got it though nonetheless she was fine with it.

jack has always been there for her, for everyone really but mostly cameron. he loved her more than anyone even more than his own parents but his parents were never around so easy competition to beat.

the two friends could always relate to each other because they had similar childhoods. parents always off to their business trips, vacations or whatever, they never cared anyway.

"do any of you guys skate?" someone asked. some people raised their hand, including jack and cameron. the one who didn't raise their hand was sophie, another friend of cameron and jack's.

everyone groaned when the person originated the idea dropped it while sophie apologized. cameron looked at her with a look that said 'really?'

jack waved the idea away, grabbing a cigarette from his back pocket. "why don't we just go to the arcade?" everyone agreed.

jack didn't lit the cigarette yet, he just put it in his mouth.

cameron came by his ear, "you do realize that i have to be home right now, don't you?" he laughed.

"as if you listen." she tilted her head.

"that. . . is the truth."

sophie shook her head at the pair who were in their own world with the others around them. "what would i do without them?" she asked herself. "oh right! be in less trouble than i already am."

"come on, slowpoke! you're missing out!" cameron shouted in the distance. she was walking backwards. jack shaking his head at her antics while sophie giggled.

jack figured she wouldn't budge so he and cameron ran towards the raine girl. "why are you here?"

" 'cause we're actually decent human beings who wait for their friend," cameron answered. jack nodded, agreeing with her statement.

"i can never leave without you two following behind me like two bodyguards, can i?"

jack laughed. "nope, never. no."

cameron wrapped her arms around her two friends. "c'mon, let's go. the arcade awaits!"

they looked at each other in confusion then laughed while cameron stared at them. "okay. alright."

-

cameron was scared to reach her house. after hours of playing games in the arcade, the trio left along with the other older kids.

she was shaking while walking up to her door step, fumbling with her keys in her pocket, deciding whether or not to knock or open the door since she could hear the loudness of steve's music inside. he would blast music so loud, it was infuriating for her.

she figured she'd knock instead. she knocked on the door three times. no answer. she knocked again. she heard the sound of her father yelling, "get the door!" then she could hear her mother reply, "why don't you do it?!"

"because you're more nearer than me!"

"fine!" cameron could hear her mother speed-walking towards the door. she braced herself for a scolding. the door opened and to her surprise, it wasn't just her parents there. there was a lady with brown hair in a black suit, talking to her father. she couldn't see her face since her back was facing her.

"cameron! what a great surprise. you finally decided to show up." her father and the lady looked towards the pair who stood near the door. cameron had to get a good look on the woman. brown eyes, a card attached to her belt loop. she squinted her eyes to see the name, julie marsh.

her mom put her hands on her shoulders from behind and push her forward. "cameron, why don't you say hello to ms. marsh?"

"hello, ms. marsh." she greeted, holding her hand out for the woman to shake which she did.

"hi cameron. did your parents tell you why i'm here?" the harrington girl shook her head.

the lady sat down on the couch. "well, i'm here to take you away." straight-forward. cameron stared at her parents in bewilderment, how could they?

her dad shook his head, implying that he didn't have a choice or opinion on this. it was all her mom. "why?" was all she could sputter out.

her mom laughed joined by the lady. "because you are a disgrace to this family and you always will be! go pack your things."

cameron ran to her room and slammed the door. crying, she grabbed her walkie-talkie from her bed. "is anyone there? over."

"hey cameron. over." sophie's concerned voice.

"why are you crying? over." henry asked, he was also concerned.

she tried to keep in her sobs from coming out but she couldn't. "i'm leaving."

"to go where? over." henry asked.

"i don't know but i'll see you guys soon. over."

"wait, you're leaving? over." sophie inquired.

"yes, soph. i am. over."

"i'm coming over there. over." jack spoke before closing his walkie.

"wait, jack! don't!"

a rock hit cameron's window though it didn't break, she opened it to see jack there with sophie. "jack? what?"

"why are you leaving?" sophie asked, crossing her arms.

"i-" they wouldn't get it. she thought. "i'm going to finishing school." well, that's worse. the two friends stared at each other equally shocked. "only for a little while, though."

"that still doesn't give me my answer."

"i don't know why, okay? they just- y'know what just drop it. i'll come back anyway," before any one of them could say anything she shut her window.

"hey guys." cameron's friend, may waved, clueless to everything around her. especially their faces when she arrived.

"why are you here?" jack asked her.

"oh, me? nothing. i'm always here in the sidelines," the last part she said under her breath so no one could hear her.

cameron rushed to pack her things, she had no choice but to do what her mom told her. muttering, "fuck this." she grabbed her duffle bag, and walked down the stairs.

"ahh there she is." her mother spoke.

the youngest harrington gave them her best fake smile, as if she was almost happy to leave. just smile through the tears. she thought.

her father looked worried for her. "cameron, are you sure that's all you need?"

she nodded, scared to speak, knowing she'll say something improper.

"okay then. cameron, why don't you say your goodbyes then we're off. okay?" the girl nodded again and went to find steve.

she knock on his already open door. "what is it, you doofus?"

"nothing, just saying goodbye."

"why? where are you going?" she was surprised with his sudden question. "i don't really know but i hope it's gonna be some camp."

he nodded wordlessly. "take care, i guess." after that, he blasted his music on full. "punk." she muttered.

she ran down the stairs, gave big hug to her father and nothing from her mother. she grabbed her duffle bag off the floor before running to the lady's car.

it was jet black, tinted windows, nice tires. seems too expensive for a woman like her type but she payed no mind to it and went in the back seat.

a few minutes later which were disguised as forever in her words, ms. marsh finally got inside, and sat on the driver's seat.

she turned around to look at cameron. "are you ready?" she nodded. the marsh woman looked back to the front. "you're quiet. i think i'm going to like you."

god, save me. she said in her mind.

author speaks !

first chapter! next chapter is when max comes in. hopefully, the chapters will get better 'cause this one sucked royally.

[ 2200 ]

edited: ✘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 244 13
ใ€๏ปฟ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค x ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ใ€‘ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, a former orphan with uncontrollable powers moves to a town that would unknowingly change her life. ...
30.1K 589 19
COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE! "Young lovers with their legs tied up in knots" [SEASON THREE-FIVE] mike wheeler x fem!oc
582K 19.8K 39
-cherry wine แตแตƒหฃ แตแตƒสธแถ โฑแต‰หกแตˆ "her eyes and words are icy" -How the new girl in Hawkins meet...