Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(39) Preparations

4.7K 307 124
By _crazy_hooman_

Leah's POV:

The weekend of the Annual Mafia Gala is nearing so the preparations are going on in full fledge.

While my Don brothers are discussing the security arrangements with Owen and the rest of our teams, my second oldest brothers are getting fashion advices from my father and sister.

Yeah, they know.

Well Dad and Uncle Rowan somehow brought up the topic to him and told him a somewhat real story about how a elite business partner of theirs is holding a formal party regarding some project's success and he's invited the entire Kingston family.

So it was insinuated that I would probably have to join them. My Dad didn't think anything was wrong with it. He encouraged me to go.

Infact, he was more than okay since he got to arrange a top class fashion parade in our house today. He's been so excited as he's going to get us all ready with some suits and a dress.

"I like this one", Dean said grabbing a black three piece from the rack.

We all turn to look at him.

Dad grinned. "That's a perfect choice for you Dean. Good job", He said.

Dean smiled wide. "Thanks David."

Dad had ordered many and I mean many clothes from his fashion house and raided our place. He wanted us all to check out what we needed and choose from it.

Though just like me, my brothers and especially father and Uncle have no idea what's going on. Apparently I get the no fashion sense gene from them.

So Grace and Dad are mostly doing the work. They have constantly been going from one to the other speaking fashion language which I didn't entirely understand.

I mean what is the difference between same colour suits with just different amount of buttons?

The material, the design or no design, the fittings, the tailoring, the fashion catalogue, the fashion tips, the Milan range, blah blah blah.

I have been sitting on my couch for an whole ass hour now doing nothing but feeling more bored than ever in my life.

God this is why I didn't want to go.

"Leah don't just sit there! Go get some snacks from the kitchen. The boys must be hungry", Dad orders me.

I looked at him in disbelief. He has been looking after my brothers like they're his own kids since this morning.

"Yes Leah, I'm hungry. David is so sweet. Go fast", James smiled encouragingly.

"Yeah shoo Leah shoo", Brody said pointing towards the kitchen.

I send them both a narrowed eye intimidating look. They smirked.

"Leah", Grace looked at me expectantly when I didn't comply.

"Why do I have to go?", I frown.

"Because you're the youngest and we are the guests in your house. Be hospitable", Chase smirked.

I roll my eyes.

Dean sighed dramatically. "Who will believe you are David Stevenson's daughter with your zero manners and guest etiquettes", He said shaking his head disappointed.

The others snickered nodding. I flip my finger off to all of them.

Brody gasped innocently. "Oh my! Did you see that David!", he pointed his finger to me.

Dad immediately turned to look at me and his eyes narrowed down on my middle finger. His jaw clenched and I gulped down.

"Sorry Dad", I choked out.

He shakes his head shifting his attention back to Wes and Theo showing them the most dashing and styled suits.

"How is that you are so scared of David regarding cussing?", Emmett asked amused.

Before I could reply Grace did.

"Oh she's had a habit since she was ten. Her first cuss was to our neighbour's pets. It was, if I remember right, 'you fucking bitch face non human creatures', it traumatised our father", Grace grimaced.

"Oh my god", Chase laughed looking at me in shock.

The rest of them except the older ones started laughing too.

"Really Leah?", My bio father looked disappointed.

"No regrets", I sigh.

"Little animals? Ten year old? I'm shocked that I don't find this surprising", Uncle Rowan frowned to himself.

Everyone laughs again.

"Yeah. I wasn't too. Dad almost received a heart attack. He scolded Leah a lot that day. Didn't give her food and grounded her in her room with a tape covering her mouth she was strictly not supposed to remove , Grace chuckled.

"Oh damn", Weston chuckled.

"Good job David!", Theo appreciated.

You're doing God's work, my friend", Boss nods in amusement.

"Go David!", My brothers cheer.

I glare at them all wishing I could shoot laser beams out of my eyes. How is this so amusing to them?

"Can't imagine how hard that must have been for you", My father smiled sympathetically looking at my Dad.

Dad shakes his head. "No it wasn't. She was ten, Seb. Imagine my situation. I was shocked and pissed. God knows where she even learnt it from", He sighs.

I smirked flipping my hair.

"Not something to be proud of young lady", He gave me a pointed look.

Everyone chuckled at my pout.

"That was nothing compared to what happened when she was 13", Grace grinned. "The second time she cussed it was 'go shove it up your behind you motherfucking assface." It was to those same pets", She informed them.

Everyone and I mean everyone gasped in shock.

"No way! Leah!", Charlie stared at me horrified.

Troy slapped his ear shut with his hands. Brody laughs his ass off. Dean looked proud. Jamie grimaced. Chase stared at me with an open mouth.

Apt.

"I can't believe this! 13 year old girl?", Emmett whispered to himself.

"Yup. Dad this time made her clean this entire house, including the bathrooms, made her do the dishes, lawn duty for a month, grounded her of course", Grace shrugs.

"And this is the two times I heard her cussing. God knows how much she did behind my back", Dad shakes his head.

"Oh my", Uncle Rowan looked at me.

"So this is why she fears you. You give her brutal punishments when it comes to cussing", Sebastian nods in understanding.

"Gotta be the tough even if it's not in my nature", Dad sighs deeply.

I look at him in disbelief this time. Everyone laughs.

"This is a good idea. I'll probably do the same to my sons now. Clearly it works", Uncle Rowan smirked.

Cue my brothers protesting.

"What the hell?", Chase muttered.

"You gonna do what now?", Dean frowned.

"No issues. I don't cuss anyway", Troy smiled.

"All the five of us?", Theo asked curiously.

"You gonna do what Dad!", Dean screeched seeing his father being serious.

Emmett sighs dreamily. "It's like the best news ever", he said.

I snickered along with my brothers who laughed.

"What are you boys laughing at? It'll be the same for you now", My father tells.

"Oh hell no", Brody immediately yells.

"How can one not cuss and live?", Jamie muttered to himself.

"Not a problem Dad", Charlie smiled.

Weston sighed deeply shifting his attention to the suits on the racks.

"Oh come on guys. I don't think your sons deserve that. Your boys are angels", Dad waved if off with a fond smile.

Uh excuse me?

"The world's coming to an end", I whispered to himself in shock.

"We're talking about the same boys?", Uncle Rowan asked.

My younger older brothers go and hug Dad immediately.

"Oh David is the best!", Jamie grinned.

"Only he understands our true inner self", Brody sighs deeply.

My ass.

I scoffed loudly.

"Oh you're the best. Adopt me", Dean smiled wide.

Dad chuckled fondly. Grace laughs.

"Yeah seriously. Go ahead. I'll sign off their custody", Uncle Rowan smiled sweetly.

I laughed falling off the couch. My brothers glare at me.

"Jokes apart. I'm so hungry", Brody exhales sadly.

"Oh I'm famished too. Didn't eat knowing we'll be coming here", Dean agreed.

Cue my father giving me the stink eye.

"Leah how long has it been since I asked you to bring those snacks? Seriously not long before you'll give me grey hairs", Dad looks at me with a frown.

I gawk at him standing up. "You're less loving when around my brothers. I don't like it", I frown.

"And you're lazy. Now the snacks?", Dad smiled sweetly.

Everyone laughs as I stomp my leg as a fit and head towards the kitchen.

"I'll help you!", Troy yells after me and gets up.

Oh he's the best.

We both grab everything my father and Grace prepared the whole morning for my brothers, father and uncle.

It took us two shifts to get everything out.

"Wow. This looks amazing", Brody drooled.

I smacked his head as I went back to my place at the couch.

"Delicious", Jamie immediately said picking up some fries and stuffing his mouth.

"Pie! Love you Grace!", Troy squeals immediately rushing to that plate.

Grace smiled.

"David you didn't have to make so much", Dad said with a small smile.

"Oh shush. It's all for the boys. You all don't come here very often", Dad waved if off like it was no big deal.

"Yeah Uncle Seb. It's for us", Dean grinned eating a big slice of pizza.

"David takes more care for us than anyone else", Chase admitted drinking coke.

"Seriously?", Uncle scoffs.

Everyone chuckled. The next two hours were spent with me almost dozing off on the couch while the fashion parade goes on in our house.

"I think this is the one for me", Weston said finally as he came out of the room wearing a tux.

He really looked good. Smart and sophisticated.

"Oh yes! That's perfect!", Dad almost squealed.

"Handsome surprisingly", Theo nods.

Weston grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at him which he easily caught chuckling.

Dad circled Wes checking the tux and fittings expertly.

"What do you think guys? Dad? Uncle?", Weston asked us all with a happy smile.

"Really nice", Dad smiled.

"Perfect", Uncle complimented.

"People will take you seriously after this", Charlie nods in approval.

"Exactly. So go ahead", Emmett grinned.

Weston rolls his eye at them before glancing at me. I smiled with a nod. He smiled satisfied then.

"Okay then. Final Grace?", He asked.

Grace nods with a thumbs up grabbing her writing pad and writing some details of the finalised tux for everyone.

"Any fittings required?", She questioned.

"Nope. It's like it was made for me", Wes smirked.

This is how it went for the rest of them. I actually dozed off.

I was rudely woken up by some assholes who apparently think they're the bosses after my dear father has shown his fond for them.

"Wake up! Wake up!", Brody flicks my head repeatedly.

"Brody don't", Chase sighs.

"Wake up! Wake up!", Brody does the same.

Grrrr.

"Brody", Theo said warningly.

"Waaakeeee up!", Brody pinched me.

"SON OF A BITCH!", I yelled loudly grabbing his wrist and twisting it.

"Here we go", Troy whispered chewing on pizza.

"Ahhhhh", Brody lets out a girly scream.

My brothers wince seeing him.

"Leah don't hurt your brother", Dad sighed deeply.

"Oh let her David. He deserves it", My bio father smiled sending me a thumbs up.

Brody started pretended to cry. I twisted his hand more, making him cry for real.

"Okay enough. You'll break his hand", Weston came to me and pulled us away.

Brody hissed in pain rubbing his aching hand. "Wes tell her something!", He glared.

I growl. "Deserved it asshole."

"Wes!", Brody complained.

"Wes!", I complained back.

Weston looks at us both exasperated. He opens and closes his mouth again and again unable to say anything.

"Go to Charlie", He rolls his eyes and walked away.

Just like always. I saw my brothers grinning.

"Char!", I grit.

"Char she almost broke my hand!", Brody whines.

Everyone looks at Charlie amused, except us two.

"Are you two really babies or just pretending to be one? Because it's worse either way", Charlie frowns.

Brody and I began to complain again but he cut us off.

"Tsk tsk. I don't want to hear any more arguments or complains. I'm serious. Don't test me", Charlie warned us.

Silence.

My brothers look at us in unison as if expecting something from us. The elders hold their breath in anticipation.

Brody and I give each other a stink eye.

"Asshole", I grit lowly.

"Assface", He muttered.

"What was that?", Charlie asked intimidatingly.

"Nothing", Brody and I reply quickly.

"Hmm", Charlie takes a seat on the couch.

Emmett chuckled silently. My younger older brothers discreetly move away Charlie in fear.

"Leah get your dress finalised", Grace smiled.

I groaned. "You do it."

"Who's going to wear it?", Grace asked.

"Me", I groaned.

"Who will have to try it?", She asked next.

"Me", I whine.

"I rest my case", Grace sighed dramatically.

I rolled my eyes walking towards her. She pointed at the rack with some really beautiful dresses hanging one after the other.

I go over there and take a one sweep at them all not really paying attention to any of them. I grab one without thinking and show to everyone.

"Not that", Dad shakes his head.

"Why?", I frown.

"You won't like it after wearing", Dad replied.

"How do you know that?", I ask.

"I raised you", He spoke as a matter of fact.

"Alright. Good point", I sighed.

I put that back and grabbed another one and showed it to everyone.

"Backless", Grace stated.

I groan and put it back on the rack. My brothers chuckled.

I grab another one and showed it to them.

Dad hummed. "That'll stick to your body and restrict your movements which you absolutely hate."

"Oh for god sake! Just show me the ones you think I'll actually like", I said irritated.

"With pleasure", Grace grinned pointing me to another rack.

I look at her in disbelief. "Why show me this one first then?", I demand.

"Your brothers wanted a glimpse of how you look like when you shop", Dad replied sheepishly.

Dean nods. "Yeah. Didn't disappoint."

"Shopping irritates you", Brody awed.

"Totally enjoyable", Jamie smiled.

Sebastian and Rowan rub their face in frustration knowing my condition.

"Unbelievable", I muttered in shock.

I sigh deeply as I slowly walk towards my brothers and bend down and remove my shoe. I look at them with a smile.

"Such precious little angels", I smiled caressing their hair with love first and the next second started smacking their heads aggressively with the shoe.

"Ow ow ow!", Dean winced before I went for the next.

"Violent kid on loose people!", Jamie takes a run towards Theo.

I climb up the couch and grab Brody and destroy his hair, still smacking him with my shoe.

"Aaaahhh", He screams.

No one stops me or anything. Just enjoyed the show.

Then without another word I get off of him after a minute and wear my shoe back and walked towards the rack Grace pointed at.

I grab a dress and show it to everyone.

"Hmm. Try it out", Dad smiled.

I silently walk towards the nearest room to try it out. It almost took me ten minutes to figure out how I can wear it without angrily ripping it off.

I really don't enjoy dresses because when I wear them I have to behave accordingly as well. I can't stuff food in my mouth with all the sophisticated people around me. Makes me conscious.

Once I'm done, I walk out of the room slowly and look at everyone. Their attention was anywhere but me. Some stuffed into food dishes, some into conversation.

"Guys", I call for attention.

They all turn to me. Their expressions slowly morphed into wow and shock.

"Pretty!", Troy grinned with a thumbs up.

I smiled.

"Wow. Tell me why you don't like dresses?", Grace asked heading towards me.

She circled me checking the fit and everything.

"My princess looks like a princess", My Dad awes loudly.

"Thanks Dad", I smiled.

"You look like a girl..for a change", Dean said in approval.

I roll my eyes. "What about the rest of you?"

"You look awesome Leah", Chase smiled fondly.

"I like the colour of the dress and it's fancy. I say go with it", Weston approved.

"You look extra pretty baby sister", Theo grinned.

I smiled at them.

"She looks alright", Brody shrugs nonchalantly looking at me.

"You're just jealous you're not a girl", James rolled his eyes at our brother and sent a thumbs up my way.

I resist flipping my almost same age brother. Then look at my father and uncle.

"You look grown up. I don't know how I feel about that", My father sighed with a pout.

"Same", Uncle smiled softly.

Dad chuckled. "She really does. Someone stop time so my little girl stays the same."

I shake my head at their sappiness. I turn to look at Grace by my side. "You handle them if they cry?"

She chuckled pulling my cheeks making me frown.

I look at the two brothers who were practically the most excited since the beginning of all this. They haven't said a word. They both were standing next to each other with a bright smile.

"What about you two? That face tells you like it too?", I observed.

They grin sharing a look before answering to me. "Do you like it?", Emmett questioned.

I shrug. "I do."

They jumped in the air and high-fived in excitement surprising everyone.

"Yay! We both chose this dress for you Leah! We asked Grace to put that one in the rack and let you decide! You grabbed the one we absolutely loved!", Charlie said happily.

Everyone smiled.

"Thanks guys", I grinned.

They excitedly nod back. I look at Grace and wiggle my eyebrows at her asking for her opinion.

"That's my design. I obviously like it", She smirked pointing at my dress.

I gawk at her. "You made this!"

Dad smirked. "She did. I'm so proud. We didn't want to tell you until you choose because we didn't want you to feel like you should do for that dress", He said proudly.

"I'm glad you like it", Grace grinned happily.

I nod with a smile of my own looking down at myself.

"You're very talented Grace. Good job", My father appreciated her with a smile.

"Thank you Sebastian", She replied with a smile of her own.

My brothers cheer for her making her blush and I laugh.

"I say she tries more dresses..you know for next time", Brody smirked.

I glare at him. "Shut your trap. I'm done with this trials already. Seriously the time I've spent wasting here today could have been used better by watching a movie or something", I frown.

"Here we go", Dad sighs shaking his head.

"She's a boy in a girl's body", Grace comments.

"That we agree to", My brothers nod.

"Yup. I hate getting fashioned with all my might, so what?", I retort.

Dad faces his friends and said. "I have stocked her closet with so many of our designer clothes. God forbid she wears anything apart from casual."

His friends smiled in amusement.

"People ask me why my little sister's opposite of me. I just don't know what to say", Grace said dramatically.

I roll my eyes. "You grew up playing dress-up Grace. I grew up playing car racing."

Grace grimaced nodding. "Unfortunately."

"Oh yeah. Leah never touched barbies, teddy bears and stuff. She loved her toy cars and legos. I probably was more attracted to barbie in my childhood than she ever was", Dad revealed in amusement.

Everyone laughs. I shake my head with a grin.

With that I went back inside the room and got changed and returned the dress to Grace as she wrote something in her note pad.

I plop back down on my couch. We ended up spending the whole day together. No one went to work as they all had taken a leave.

I didn't even realise when it was time for dinner. I played video games with my brothers the whole day. Grace made popcorn and joined us, though just staring at me and my brothers with fear when we trash talk each other.

We had dinner together like a big fat family. But since we didn't have a huge dinning table like the one in Kingston mansion, some of us occupied the kitchen countertop instead.

Everyone chatted amongst themselves while I discuss school with Brody and Troy seated along with me at the counter top.

I was out of noddles so I turn to look at Dad considering asking him to pass some here from the table.

"Dad", I call out.

"Yeah honey?" Yes princess?"

Both of my Dads reply looking up, catching me off guard. Everyone looks at us three in surprise. My fathers turn to look at each other in amusement.

"Oh wow. This is just great", Dean chuckled.

"Ah I've been waited for a moment like this", Wes grinned.

"Me too", Theo chuckled with his hand covering his mouth.

They have?

"Huh wonder if this is more cute or funny?", Chase smiled.

"How come this never happened before?", Jamie chuckled.

My fathers shrug. "No idea. But now this is a problem", My bio Dad sighs dramatically.

"It is", Dad nods looking at me.

"Why?", I ask.

They gave me a deadpanned look.

"Well duh. You can't call them both Dad. It'll be confusing", Grace shrugs with a smile.

"Yeah you've got to decide to call them differently", Charlie pointed out.

"Yes! Let's decide names", Troy said excitedly.

Everyone chuckled and nod looking at me.

"Dad one and dad two?", I suggest.

"No", Both of my fathers said in unison.

"It was a good suggestion", I mutter to myself.

"No it wasn't. You can't always say that. It's funny", Emmett smiled. "Besides who's dad one and who's dad two?", He questioned.

"I'm dad one", Dad said in a duh voice.

"Excuse me? Why?", My bio father looks at him in disbelief.

Dad scoffs. "I don't know...because I raised her?"

"She wouldn't have been born if it weren't for me", My bio dad looks at him in disbelief.

"So? You know how hard it is to raise a child! I should be one", Dad frowned.

"Yup I do. If you haven't noticed I have four more", My bio father deadpanned.

It was so freaking amusing. But before they continued Uncle intervened.

"Now you know why. So next", He immediately said gesturing to move ahead with the conversation glancing at my fathers narrowing their eyes down at each other.

"Dad and daddy?", Brody smirked suggesting.

"Next", Uncle Rowan gave him a strict stare.

My brothers laugh.

"I could just call you guys David and Sebastian", I shrug.

"Planning to get disowned by both of us?", Dad asked with raised eyebrows with my bio dad nodding.

"Geez", I mutter.

My brothers chuckled.

"Um..well you could call them father David and father Sebastian", Jamie joked. "Respect remains", He added.

"NO!", My brothers almost yelled making my Dad and sister flinch.

I bit my lip in amusement.

"That sounds like we're priests. We both are not exactly religious", My bio father glared at Jamie.

Brody leaned towards me. "Imagine our ganster father being a father of a holy church."

"We'll all go to hell", Troy whispered.

I snickered.

"Then..one can be dad and other one can be pops", I shrugged.

Everyone looks at me weirdly. "What's happened to you little sister?", Charlie frowned.

"Pops sounds like a candy name", Em added.

I rolled my eyes in reply.

"What about Dad and papa?", Grace suggests.

"Hmm", Everyone nods thinking about it.

"Out of all the suggestions that seems the best and there are not many options", Uncle Rowan said in support.

"Alright final that", Wes smiled.

My fathers look at me with a grin and nodded.

"Cool, so bio dad is papa and dad is Dad", I shrug.

"Why?", Troy asked curiously.

"My reasons are twofold", I began talking formally after clearing my throat.

"One..my whole life I've called the man who raised me Dad. So, more convenient", I said in a deep voice.

Everyone nods shrugging.

"Two, my brothers call our father Dad and I would prefer to be unique and special and go with papa. After all, I'm not in the same league as them. More dear to him and all", I grin.

My brothers glare at me for that while my sister, cousins laugh clapping.

"No way you're more dear to him", Brody rolls his eyes.

"Exactly, I am", Jamie scoffs.

"Excuse me?", Weston raised his eyebrows.

"No I am", I said seriously.

Dad chuckled looking at Papa who shakes his head in amusement.

"Enough", Charlie almost shouts sternly. "He loves us all equally. End of argument."

Papa grins. "Exactly."

That led to an end of a beautiful, frustrating and boring (at the same time) day.

We wave at my family as they leave our house.

"Good night Papa", I smiled trying out the word.

He smiled looking at me. "I like it."

I shrug. "Great because the only other option is Sebastian", I smiled.

He chuckled shaking his head.

"Good night Uncle", I smiled.

"You too", He waved at me.

"And brothers, I hope you have nightmares", I added.

Grace smacked me at the back of my head. Dad sighs looking at me.

My brothers look at me weirdly. "You too Leah", Dean smiled sweetly.

We love each other. We really do. Trust me.

"Thank you so much David and Grace for today", Emmett said gratefully.

"Yes, you spent your entire day with us and helped us all out", Charlie smiled.

"Thank you guys!", The rest of my family said together.

Grace and Dad waved if off. "Anything for you guys! Take care. Good night", Dad smiled.

They smiled and get in their cars and leave.

The next day

After school my brothers and I head to the base for our meeting. This weekend we all were going to the Gala in Mexico, so it was regarding that.

"We have no plans of staying back at the city. Our family is going to return back to LA after attending the Gala at night", Weston began.

"We'll be back the next morning", Theo added.

My family except Dad and Grace were in the room along with Owen, Harry, Landon, his twin brothers and Sam.

"Since we all are leaving, the responsibility of the mafia directly goes to you Owen, the second in command. Harry will be with you for too", Weston said softly.

Owen grinned looking at his father. Harry sighs in relief like he was happy not to come.

So it's not just me.

"There won't be much problems. You just have to take over for the day till we arrive the next day", Theo assured.

"No worries. We'll be alright", Owen replied confidently.

"Great", Wes sighs. "So next, Lan do you wish to come along with us?", He asked looking at him.

"Oh hell no. I hate formal parties. I would only join if boss assures he'll dance", Landon grins.

Owen and I laugh while others look at him curiously.

Uncle Rowan rolls his eyes. "No I won't dear boy. Anyway you're staying here. Dean give him a whole ton of work", He added.

Landon gasped dramatically while we all laugh. Dean smiled looking at him.

"You're so like your best friend. She hates formal parties too", Emmett smiled.

"Of course she does. There's nothing fun about it. Formal balls suck to the point where you can lose your sanity trying to be courteous and professional to strange mafia people. Something you're not at all", Landon scoffs.

"Word", I smirk.

He turn to me and we both high fived. Everyone shakes their head looking at us.

He's my best friend for a reason.

"Alright", Theo sighs with a smile. "Blaze and Kyle, you two don't have to come if you don't want to. We understand your situation. We called you to know your opinion", He said.

I look at the twins. If I were in their place I would not go. The Italians we meet there would probably jump to kill them for their betrayal.

Though it's a peaceful gala and no weapons are allowed there.

Landon looks at his brothers nervously. I could imagine what he must be feeling.

Blaze and Kyle glance at each other before replying. "We don't mind accompanying you. They can't do anything to us there", Kyle said.

"No!", Landon was quick to intervene looking worried.

Blaze sighs. "We'll be fine Lan."

"No! The Italians know you betrayed them! They won't forgive it!", Landon shake his head repeatedly no.

Everyone sighs looking at him sadly.

"It's a rule not to use weapons in a gala every year Lan. Trust me we'll be fine", Kyle smiled assuringly.

"I don't want to loose you both. Not again", Landon said scared.

My heart broke for him.

Blaze and Kyle look at their little brother with sadness and hug him tight.

"It's final. You two won't come with us", Uncle Rowan said seriously clearly hating the fact that it's affecting Lan.

Blaze and Kyle nod agreeing.

"Sam. You and your team are coming with us", Theo orders.

Sam nods seriously. "Yes sir."

"Yippee. That includes me!", I grin doing a mini dance.

"You're going anyway", Owen looks at me weirdly.

"Yeah but I would have been a family member there. Now I'll be a bodyguard guard which means..no mingling!", I said happily.

Everyone laughs.

"No little one. You're free of duty that day. You'll be my daughter. The mafia princess", Papa smiled.

I groaned making everyone chuckle.

"Great. Everyone except the ones that are going can get back to work. The remaining will discuss the security measures", Theo announced.

My friends, Harry, Blaze and Kyle leave the room.

For the next hour we discussed the security details we'll require there. Though the rules state no weapons, bodyguards will obviously carry them, otherwise there's no point of bringing them along.

We believe that the Italians may not do anything they shouldn't there, but we're still being vigilant.

Let's wait for the weekend now.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter?

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.9K 37
Amara Coleman is not your average seventeen-year-old girl. She gets abused by her own father and watches the death of her mother before her very eyes...
48.8K 887 36
Book 1 in Love series. After this y'all gonna get a book about Venezio and his love. Warning: this book is pretty cringe and very messed up but ok ×...
36.9K 657 21
Leah's mom took her from the rest of her family when she was very young, her stepdad abused her after her mother died, so her life was terrible. But...
479K 9.5K 53
The Russo family hasn't had a girl born in the bloodline for generations. It all changes when Angela Rose Russo and her twins are born. The Russo fam...