Hero [T/S Relationship & Arra...

By WanderingDancer

**Song-Inspired "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias** Ever been tied to a chair with a blindfold on after being beaten... More

Hero [T/S Relationship & Arranged Marriage]
Prologue
Chapter 1---Another Day In Hell...Maybe Not
Chapter 2---Going Once, Twice...SOLD!
Chapter 3---New Life. Feelings? Nah! Same Old!
MUST READ! Important Author's Note :)
Chapter 4---Just A Little Misunderstanding
Chapter 5---Goodbye, Rags and Hello, Dresses!
Chapter 6---Carlos Hughes
Chapter 7---Green Light In My Eyes
Chapter 8---A House and A Home
Chapter 9---Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 10---May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor
Chapter 11---What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 12---So Far, So Good...?
Chapter 13 --- A Day Out of Town
Chapter 15---Take Me Back
Chapter 16 --- The Show Must Go On
Chapter 17 --- Until My Last Breath
Chapter 18 --- You're Perfect
Chapter 19 --- How?
Chapter 20 --- For Better or for Worse
NOT A CHAPTER UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ

Chapter 14---Meet My Future Wife, Cassidy

256 9 4
By WanderingDancer

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I cannot explain how I feel with being inside a room filled with flower arrangements, nor could my nose either. As much as I love how they look like, I did not expect myself to be surrounded by this many flowers this early. I only imagined being in this situation when I am lying inside a coffin. Well, I don't actually believe that there will be flowers for me. Hardly anyone knows me, plus if I did die, I am not certain that I will be lying in a coffin. Who knows? I might be burned into ashes or buried underground even before I have my funeral.

But honestly, I did not expect that I will be choosing my wedding bouquet.

"Cassidy, I think these are just divine!" Natalie exclaimed, holding an extravagant bouquet, and I do believe that every single expensive flower was there, not to mention the design besides the flowers themselves. I was talking about those crystals. Swarovski, I believe.

"Uhh...those look beautiful, Mom, but..." how do I say this to her?

"You can tell me anything, Cass, dear. No need to be shy, darling." She says as she continues admiring and examining the bouquet.

"D-doesn't that bouquet look a bit too..." open the dictionary inside your brain, Cassidy. Talk without hurting her feelings.

Natalie just looks at me with her brows lifted wanting to have my opinion on the bouquet. And I swear she even opened her mouth when I can't even find the exact words to tell her.

"Too..."

She sighed lightly and closed her eyes. "It's a bit too much, isn't it?"

I shrugged. "...a little." As soon as I saw how Natalie reacted to what I said, I wish I just kept it to myself. "Nat-Mom, I did not mean it. All I wanted to say was-"

"No, no, no, Cassidy. It's just that..." she did not finish her sentence. Shoot. That's it. I am done. Natalie takes a deep breath and took a seat on the nearest chair.

"I'm sorry..." I said as softly as I can.

Natalie's lips curved into a sweet smile. "No need to apologize, Cassidy. It's all my fault. I am just overwhelmed and excited for this event. This is such a joyous occasion for everyone, and I hope you are also excited for this."

"I am, Mom."

"It's okay if you admit you are not, dear. Really, you can. And I will respect whatever you feel right now. As for me, I hope you can find the heart to understand why I am excited. First of all, it's my eldest son's wedding, second...I always dreamed of doing this for my daughter. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with one of my own. Cassidy, I treat you as my own daughter and I will keep it that way as long as I live."

I was moved by what Natalie said, especially when I examined her face. It was a face that has the word sincere and longing all over. All she wanted was to have a daughter to love, and looking forward in helping and preparing for her daughter's big day. I don't see any mother not dreaming of helping her daughter on her wedding. Of course my biological mother is an exception to that.

"But of course." Natalie suddenly chirped. "Cassidy, this is also your wedding so that means you are still in charge on what you want to see in your wedding."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Actually, Mom...I kinda need your help because, I don't remember attending nor seeing an actual wedding or at least see what a wedding looks like nowadays. Can you help me with everything?"

Natalie's eyes lit up as soon as I asked her and her entire mood changed from something so negative into something positive. It was like she found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. "Alright then. It is your wedding afterall that also includes your bouquet of course. Do you have any preferences for flowers, Cassidy? Or would you want a catalog for--"

"I think this one's perfect!" and yes, even before Natalie finished her sentence, I was looking at some of the ready made bouquets and found THE bouquet I want. It was just perfect and very me.

I held the bouquet in my hands and showed Natalie. "Perfect." she just said and case closed.

That same day, we also ordered the needed flowers for decorations, for the entourage, the table piece, and everything that involves the need of flowers. After that, we stopped by a restaurant to get some lunch. The food came in quickly to our surprise. I guess luck was at our side.

"Cassidy..." Natalie called as I started eating my pasta. "Do you mind if I get to know more about you? I mean, you are after all a new member in our family, and I do want to get to know you more. I know you're the type of person who really chooses who to trust, but should you ever need an ally you have one in me."

I stopped my first bite and contemplated on what she said and what I should say. I don't want another remake on the earlier encounter. "...it's not that I don't want to tell you stuff about myself, but I am still adjusting to everything...I always wanted to talk to my mom before, but even she turned against me. I know she was a mother to me once upon some other time, but after that, everything faded."

"I told you before, sweetie. I am your mother now. You're my daughter now." so far throughout my so called 'new life', Natalie really only wanted what was best for me even if her mind wandered off to crazy ideas.

Natalie and I were just staring at each other waiting to who will speak first...or if anyone will speak out.

----

"Is this really necessary? Do we really have to go?"

"Yes, because this is for you!" Natalie replied, adjusting her necklace in front of the mirror.

"I don't see why it is."

"Honestly, you complain more than Cassidy, darling!"

What? You really thought I was the one complaining here? I'm only sitting on the sofa, waiting for James to finish changing. Yes, James was complaining about this party we're going to. Natalie said it was for us though. But of course, I was just obeying.

I was wearing a pale powder blue floor length dress that had beautiful crystal decals. My hair was in a messy updo with the fringes hanging off. And, as a woman, I feel proud for being done first than James. Natalie saw me roll my eyes and laughed to herself.

"We are running late at our own party. Stop whining, James."

James finally put his coat on and we were on our way downstairs for the party. I expected the party to take place someplace else, but I would prefer it to be done here. Privacy is a must. The venue is at the first floor to the backyard. At the backyard, there was a white tent put up, they also set up a wooden floor, cocktail tables, a buffet was laid, and the party starts at 4 pm and will end probably by 8 or 9. It depends, I guess.

I had one hand on James' arm as we walked, but I couldn't focus on walking straight. "What are you looking at?" I caught him looking at me, and I swear I saw the shade of pink run through his cheeks.

He cleared his throat, and the way he did it was so fake! "I was noticing how good you look with pink lipstick. So you did follow my advice." he looks so funny just saying a white lie. I remember when he said that when I wore maroon when we went out for the first time. And it was a good first date. It was better than what I thought.

I chuckled in my mind. "I just thought pink compliments blue...at least that's what I learned in Art Class." I also tried to go with his flow.

He paused for a while which made me do the same. He was just looking at me, speechless, even when I raised my brow trying to ask him what he would want to say. "You truly are an angel." he took my hand and his lips slowly caressed my knuckles with a feather light kiss. My lips curved into a small smile. James can be sweet at times...all right, all of the time.

"I thought get hitched before really hooking up?" Carlos startled us both. How did he even get here?

"Real mature, Carlos. Shoo!" if I was not wearing a dress, I would've kicked his ass right now. But a girl wearing a dress? Etiquette, Cassidy...

"Now, now, now, Miss Evans..." James tugged my arm. "Temper, temper." he winked which made me laugh. That was adorable.

We finally went outside and I did not expect this many people especially 97% of them aren't familiar with me. These are the moments when I would rather be having lessons with James. Some of these people look like they were the same age as James, but most looked like colleagues of Natalie. Seriously. Who are these people?

Here's what I hate most...having a hundred pair of eyes all looking at you all at the same time. Sheesh. Mind your own businesses, people. Please don't look at me, you all make me nervous for heaven's sake!

I also have no clue whatsoever on what they're all thinking about me. Am I that ugly? Am I wearing the wrong color? Don't tell me my period came. Please tell me I don't have any weird thing hanging on my face.

"James!"

It was obvious that James knew some of these guests because they were all calling out for him. I looked at James and he mouthed out 'high school buddies.'. That's when I understood it all. James wanted me to come with him to his friends, so I did too.

"Hey, man! It's been quite a while!" all of these guys were patting his back, giving high-5's and all that guy stuff. They look okay, though they were loud.

"Been busy with work." he chuckled but his and went to my waist.

"We never wanted you to be a teacher anyway. We thought you were going to be some filthy rich business tycoon!"

"I wasn't just only busy with teaching a bunch of kids..." he pulled me closer to him. "Meet my future wife. Cassidy." James said as he looked at me with a sweet smile.

As the party went on, I met several people whose names I don't remember anymore. Some were looking at me as if I killed some sort of rat or politician, but I didn't mind and I don't mind on what they think of me. There were also those moments where in I would look around to look for a familiar face I could start a conversation, but I failed.

"Are you alright, Cass?" Natalie gave me a tap on the shoulder. "Do you want a glass of water or do you want to rest?"

"I'm fine, Mom. Thanks." I smiled sweetly.

"Sure looks like a lot of people here. Are you sure you're all right?"

I chuckled at her. Natalie is playing the mother card. "Yes, Mom. I promise. There is just a lot of people around. I'm just getting used to it."

"You can leave your own party, you know." she winks, making me laugh more.

I am not sure that I would want to leave this party. It is my first party. James would think that I wouldn't do him a small favor just by being at his side during these events. It is afterall a wife duty. I have to say that I have to make a good impression to everyone, even if I am just being obliged to.

I felt a hand hold my stomach. I turned around with a yelp to find James smirking at me. I guess he was done talking to his friends that's why he's here. "Hello." he said softly, enough for me to hear.

"Hi, Mr. Hughes." I smiled. His hand never left me. "Wonderful party you're holding." I teased.

"Why, thank you, Miss Evans. And I am grateful for you being able to attend such functions." he pulled me closer to him. I was only a few inches from his face. "You look stunning by the way."

I smiled. "Thank you. It's a pleasure to be here."

He pulled me even closer. His hand travelled to my back pinning me to him. "My, my. Where is your date? I need to meet him." he chuckles. "He is very lucky to have a woman as beautiful as you to be by his side."

My smile turned into a grin. James, James, James. "Oh, hush. He might hear. How about you? This is your engagement party. Where is your fianceé? I have to meet her" we were only less than an inch apart now.

"She is in front of me looking irresistibly charming and gorgeous."

I swear my cheeks were in the color crimson. Is climate change this severe? Why is the temperature getting higher by the second?

*Cling, cling, cling, cling, cling*

The sound of glass grew louder. I lost my attention to James and I looked around. Oh, gosh. Everyone's doing it.

"You know what that means right?" James leaned in my ear, and I swear he didn't take off his hand off of me.

Uhh...

"...if it's fine with you, of course." he added.

Uhm...

The glass clinking sound got louder and louder. How I wish they would all break. I looked at James and he understood what it meant. His other hand held my chin, and he gave me a long kiss on the forehead.

That was when I confirmed that I can trust James Hughes.

There was a mix of reactions from everyone, but I didn't mind a single one. All I knew was I trust James. That was the most important thing at that moment.

When James pulles his lips from my forehead, he smiled sweetly at me and held my hand. "A pleasant day to everyone. I am grateful for everyone who are here to attend a joyous occasion. I am very pleased to introduce to you all, my fiancée, my future wife. My Cassidy." he addressed to everyone and everyone applauded.

I looked at James. This was supposed to be my first speech...but...I still can't do it. Looking at him again, I was ashamed that I couldn't come up with words. Simple words, Cassidy!

He knew what that look meant. Luckily he knew what it meant also. "Now, let's enjoy the rest of the evening! Enjoy the night!"

The DJ put on some classical music, and everyone went back to the way they were before. James' thumb brushed the back of my hand and leaned toward me. "Dance with me?"

To return the favor for not being able to speak up, I agreed. We went to the dancefloor. He takes my left hand and places it on his shoulder and takes my right hand with his left. He lead the dance and I just followed.

I didn't know if he was upset with me or what though. "...sorry." I couldn't take it. I had to. After all the training and all, I just threw everything in the trash bin.

As a minute or two pass, a few people also started damcing on the dancefloor and they all look flawless.

The side of his face was glued to my other side, as if we were looking like a couple really in love. "No harm done. I understand, Cass." We continued dancing in that position until I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Tired?" he asked me. "These parties are draining, you know. I just got used to them."

"I'm fine. Really. I just need to get used to this kind of setting. Other than that, this is a beautiful party, James."

The party went on. James and I continued to dance for another song or two. There were times wherein as we dance, I try looking around at everyone present. There were moments when as we dance James and I just look at each other then we would make little faces, trying to see which one of us laughs first, and yes, I guess I did more laughing than he did.

"I think I know what the problem is." he suddenly stated and we stopped dancing.

"What is it?"

He didn't answer back. He shows me his pointer finger to give him a minute and then he walks towards the DJ. He whispered something, and the DJ actually left, laughing. James wore the DJ's headphones and faded the classical music away. Some of the couples were shocked. They soon noticed him being at the DJ's platform. I was too busy thinking about what he would do next until Anaconda blasted in the speakers.

"Now we're talkin'!" one of James' friends yelled out along with everyone else who were close to our ages. They all stood up and hit the dance floor, and all of the older guests were now confused.

Everyone got loud, and the event looked like a legit party now. I was soon surrounded by people dancing, holding glasses and bottles of liquor, and so on and so forth. I looked at James and he gave me a wink. He got me speechless.

"Cassidy, why aren't you dancing?" Carlos asks me. His energy is up.

"Uhh--"

"Come on, Cass! Live a little, won't you? Have fun! This is you your party!"

I was observing Carlos and then I glanced at James. He was smiling at me as if he was waiting for me to dance. He started bopping his head with the beat of the music which had an effect on me. I was doing the same, then my hands, then my knees, until I got the beat and started dancing like no one was watching.

============================================================================

James' P.O.V.

As the dance floor fills in, there is something I saw for the first time in my entire existence that I haven't witnessed. The way she smiles, the way the fringes of her hair cascades down her face, the glow that comes from her face...I was at awe. I was looking at an angel. A sweet and yet broken angel. Her wings won't be broken any longer. The scars in her hearts will be healed soon.

I didn't expect her to go this long with the party. I thought she wouldn't even last an hour, but I was wrong. Cassidy surprises me everyday, which makes me love her even more.

She continues dancing until I stepped down on the platform. I went where she was, and that grin on her face was irreplaceable.

"This is fun!" she screams at me, giggling like a little girl.

I held her hand and gave her a twirl until both of us were dancing in our own bubble.

****

Author's Note: I AM STILL ALIVE, PEOPLE!!!!!!

Yes, I am still alive. I just went through the most bumpiest ride ever, but of course, we all need to put that aside. If you guys wanna know why I was away from Wattpad for a while, please refer to the message I posted on my profile. I just can't copy paste my own message, which sucks. That message explains it all. I do apologize for everything. I hope you understand. I do wanna hear from you guhs because I miss you all.

Twitter: @rhiafelicitas

Now, what do you think will happen next? Any ideas?

Chapter song: "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift

VOTE. COMMENT. ADD TO READING LIST & LIBRARY. SHARE. ;)

LoveLots!

WanderingDancer xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 2 2
Hayley starts back at college, this being her second year. She meets her new, hot, young lecturer (teacher) and instantly takes a liking to him. She...
232K 10.7K 36
For with God nothing shall be impossible. (Luke 1:37) ~~~~~ Jasper is a screwed up kid, yet no one cares enough to find out why. Bruises hide his arm...
400K 4.5K 34
"Hanna Franz is beautiful, intelligent and emotionally unstable after a collision took away her father. Who would love a gorgeous girl with a sublime...
9.2K 313 15
This story is about a girl who goes through nothing but pain. She feels unloved and unwanted, thinking that she doesn't belong here she one day finds...