Bind with Destiny

By seijurorin

PS: Before proceeding to this story, I recommend to read first the Twisted Fate of the Knight for a better un... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Dana's Choice
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:

Chapter 7:

35 4 0
By seijurorin

"I just really hope that you will change your mind about being a knight,"

She said as she covers Davina who is sleeping peacefully dahil hindi ito nakakumot when she checked her before going to sleep.

~~~

"We'll be going, Mom!"

"See you later, Ms. Lyn,"

They both said to Ms. Lyn as they are going to the venue of their training which is outside the village since it has a bigger space than the venue where the selection was held kaya maaga silang umalis since medyo malayo ang kanilang lalakarin makapunta lang sa training ground.

"We are really lucky that we don't have to go to the capital for the training unlike in the past years,"

"They need to go to the capital?"

"Ah, right. You don't know since you just got interested now. Yes to answer your question but now they train us here for the final selection if you are qualified to get in the capital for more opportunities,"

"I see,"

Wika ko na medyo nadismaya dahil akala ko pag katapos magtraining ay agad na pupunta sa capital but I didn't think that they will do a final selection for those who have talents. What a waste of opportunity to earn money. They arrived at the venue on time and one of the facilitators who went in the front na may entablado para makita siya hanggang sa likod, and if I remember he is one of the facilitators that are good for guiding those other applicants.

"Good to see future knights! I am glad that you have chosen to continue and be here right now but before we start the official training. I would like to say that we will treat you equally whether you are a woman, man, young, or old so we will not be going to give you any special treatment since you chose to become a knight. That's all for now. Go to your group number so check the temporary ID card to determine your groups according to the selection we did the last time,"

He said kaya agad naming kinalkal ang ID card na tinutukoy niya at mabuti nalang hindi namin iniwan kanina dahil size siya ng normal id ng student na akala ko numbering lang ng mga nakapasa 'yong nakalagay dito sa kahoy na ID. 

"My number is 1, Davina. How about you?"

"2,"

"Aw, that's sad. I want to be with you though,"

"Well, we can't do anything with that. Let's see each other after the training,"

"Okay, don't go approaching suspicious people,"

"Geez, what am I? A kid?"

"Nope, but see later,"

She said as she waves at me at pumunta sa kaniyang grupo since nahati-hati kami sa limang pangkat at medyo magkakalayo kami. I didn't think that the one who will be holding the group I belong to was the person who spoke earlier on the stage which I am looking forward to learn from him since he looks so great kahit na mas matanda lang siya sa akin ng kaunti, ang alam ko since he looks young from the other facilitators.

"Is everyone here? I should have 25 people in team 2,"

He asks as he start to count us from the stage since dito ang pwesto namin kung saan siya nag announce kanina at napansin ko din na mas kunti kaming andito kaysa sa ibang grupo at ngayon ko lang din napansin na mag-isa kung babae dito. 

"Before we start, let me introduce myself first. I am Grayle from the Royal Knights and a commoner just like you guys, and I do hope that you guys will come with me go to the capital after this training. Thank goodness that we are all guys here so I do-- Yes?"

He look at me as well as the other guys since I raised my hands to get his attention as the praise, amazement, and joy behind me is gone because he is from the Royal Knights na akala namin ay ordinary knight lang pero hindi pala

"Ahm, sorry to disappoint you Sir Grayle, but I am a woman,"

I said while looking at him na tila ba nag-aalangan since he looks a little disappointed no'ng sinabi kong babae ako.

"Oh, sorry. I thought, you just look like a woman. Anyways, let's do our best for the 6 months training,"

I just smiled at him from what he said since hindi ko alam na mapagkakamalan akong lalaki sa itsura ko dahil nakatali ang buhok ko katulad sa kaniya tapos nakasuot ako ng panlalaking kasuotan dahil mas komportable ako doon kahit na pinansin ni Allyssa ang kasuotan ko pero hindi ko siya pinakinggan. Sir Grayle has light brown eyes, tied black long hair, handsome, tall, well built body for a knight in short he is a model for knights, and I guess that he is just around late 20's.

"Since you are the only woman here, you start introducing yourself,"

Sir Grayle said as he smiled at me kaya wala akong nagawa kung humarap sa kanila at nagpakilala.

"I am Davina, nice to meet you all, and I hope that we will get together to go to the capital with Sir Grayle,"

They greeted me back kahit na may mga ibang napipilitan lang na ngumiti and they are looking down on me since I am a woman kaya wala akong ganang makinig sa mga nagpapakilalang sumunod sa akin. I already planned to just focus on the training and Sir Grayle's teaching since I didn't expect to make friends with these people when I remembered my mom's worries about being a knight as a woman is difficult because they are criticizing women and they are much weaker than a man but I refuse to believe that.

"Since we are done introducing ourselves, we should get started our basic training from swinging the wooden swords 500 times, physical exercise for endurance with the same number as the first one, and lastly, a sparring,"

"Isn't that just like what we do from the selection?"

Some dude asks Sir Grayle which makes Sir Grayle smile at him with a darkened expression before he answers that random dude.

"Yes, I am aware but just do what I told you to do. That will be today's regime,"

"Yes, Sir!"

That dude answered Sir Grayle at agad naman kaming nagsikuha ng kahoy na espada na nakaready sa harapan.

"Listen, everyone, you guys will start at the same time. I don't expect that you all will be done at the same time as well since you can rest for a while and continue but DON'T YOU DARE CHEAT BY TELLING ME THAT YOU FINISH SWINGING FOR 500 TIMES. DON'T TRY ME since I will be checking on you guys and take note that we are the smallest number of the other groups who had 30 or more people so I can monitor you all,"

Napatingin naman kaming lahat sa kaniya ulit at hindi ko inaasahan na nakakatakot pala si Sir Grayle after his warning since he looks at us as if his stares can kill us kahit na nakangiti siya pero mapapalunok ka sa kaba at takot dahil may diin ang bawat salita niya. Ewan ko nalang kung may magbabalak na sumuway sa kaniya when he already warn us from the beginning. We all started swinging our wooden swords at the same time with the proper stance since Sir Grayle correcting those has improper stance and go back from the start at nasa 50 swings na ako.

"You really have a good stance for a beginner and being a woman. I am not criticizing you but complimenting you as if someone already taught you, do you?"

He said when I look at him seriously dahil sa unang sinabi niya at napansin naman niya ang pagbabago ng ekspresyon ko kaya napatanong sa akin habang patuloy pa din ako sa pag swing ng espada ko.

"Sorry to disappoint you again Sir Grayle. It's my first time doing this whether you believe it or not,"

I answered without looking at him since nagbibilang ako gamit ang mga mata ko at nasa 80 na ako.

"Really? Hmm,"

"Yes,"

"Alright, continue your training,"

He said as he left me, mabuti nalang hindi na siya nagtanong o patuloy na pagkausap sa akin dahil muntikan pa akong mawala sa bilang ko kanina sa biglaang pagsasalita niya mula sa likod ko.

Nasa 350 swings na ako ng makaramdam ako ng pagod at uhaw since I didn't take any breaks from the start until now. Todo na rin ang pawis ko pero gusto kung tapusin ito bago ako magpahinga ng kaunti even though I am starting to feel cramps on my arms.

"You should take a short break, Miss Davina,"

Sir Grayle said to me and I was surprised that he remembers my name even though I am the only woman in his group would be still difficult to remember all our names especially since he only knows them today.

" I am alright, Sir Grayle since I am almost done,"

"Really?"

"Yes, Sir,"

I answered him since I am at 457 at the moment kaya ilang swing nalang ay matatapos na ako. He looks at me with amusement at patuloy niya akong pinanood until I finish the 500 swings.

"I didn't expect you to finish it without breaks despite being the weakest among these men,"

He said as he looks around with the men behind us since halos lahat nagpapahinga at tsaka nagpapatuloy.

"I am also done, Sir Grayle just a few seconds behind her,"

Napatingin naman kami sa nagsalita, I look at him and he looks younger than me. 

"Oh, you too, Raniel. I didn't think that the youngest people in my group finishes first the 1st part of our training,"

Sir Grayle said while smiling at Raniel but Raniel is looking at him with his bored light green eyes that his dark brown hair down covers his left eyes bago ito tumalikod sa amin at masasabi kong mas matangkad siya sa akin pero wala siyang galang sa amin na nakakatanda sa kaniya.

"That kid is a little disrespectful,"

I commented while looking at his back na naglalakad papalayo sa amin at naupo kung saan ang gamit niya dahil uminom na ito ng tubig na gawa mula sa bamboo.

"You're calling him a kid when he is 3 years older than you. Do you think he is minor or younger than you?"

"What?! He's older than me?!"

"Yes, you are the youngest after him,"

"...it can be,"

I uttered when I noticed that Sir Grayle left me while still looking at Raniel dahil hindi ako makapaniwala na mas matanda siya sa akin kung mukha siyang bata.

"Is this what they call the reality on fictional?"

I said dahil nagmumukhang bata ang mga characters sa mga palabas o sa mga libro kahit na hindi tugma sa kanilang edad with those flawless skin kahit walang skin care, at ang kanilang kutis na medyo maputi na tila ba alaga sa mamahaling sabon at gamot na ginagamit para magmukhang bata, malambot at makinis ang balat.

"Why don't you guys start the second one before eating lunch after you rest for a bit, Miss Davina,"

"Ekk!"

"Sorry to startle you,"

Sir Grayle apologies dahil sa biglaan niyang pagsulpot sa harapan ko na dahilan ng pagkagulat ko kaya hindi ko maiwasang hindi tignan siya ng masama dahil sa ginawa niya.

"That's would be great, Sir Grayle,"

"Then, I'll inform him so take a rest for preparation before you two start the next training,"

"Alright,"

I said and he left me immediately at lumapit siya kay Raniel na katulad ko rin ay medyo nagulat siya sa pagsulpot niya sa harapan niya dahil napaatras siya sa pagkakaupo niya. Umupo naman ako at uminom ng tubig na tila ba ilang araw akong hindi uminom ng tubig dahil naubos ko ang dalawang baon kong tubig ng isahang inuman kahit na kulang ko ang ininom ko at gustong inomin ang pangatlo pero kailangan kong magtira para mamaya.

"You, two can start anytime so I don't need to supervise you from time to time but don't dare to cheat on the training, okay,"

"I know,"

I look at him uninterested since I don't plan on cheating after that warning earlier and even without that warning from the beginning since I really want to be a policewoman but there is no police here but a knight, although, my main reason was to look cool with those skills that they know self-defense, holding a gun, and fights like in an action movie.

"Are you going to start or not?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 102 33
BOOK 1 OF HENRIETTA TRILOGY. TO BE EDITED. *** I was a young boy who wished nothing but to be loved. But one day, as I was reminiscing a memory of my...
637 248 24
What would you do if you got reincarnated as a slave in a whole different world? Stay that way? Well that's not what Tai Lynn did... Tai Lynn is a...
11.1K 467 21
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
539 105 59
"I don't like to think of myself as this kickass, badass Lara Croft, no. But I try not to be your typical every day Jane Doe. So I where does that le...