22 Times [Liam Payne]

By artpieces

"If you ever feel stupid, remember you're not the girl who rejected Liam twenty two times." My friend tried t... More

Prologue
1 Time
2 Times
4 Times
Flashback
5 Times
6 Times
7 Times
8 Times
9 Times
10 Times
11 Times
12 Times
13 Times
14 Times
15 Times
Proceed...
16 Times
17 Times
Proceed...
18 Times
19 Times
20 Times
21 Times
22 Times Part 1/2
22 Times 2/2
Epilogue
22+ Shout Outs
About The Sequel
Continue...
Continue...
"I'm not the jealous type!"
Valentine's Day
"I'm lost and I lost Loki."
"She will model but only for me."
AHHHHH!
Continue...
Proceed...
Letters
Box. 1/2
Box. 2/2
From Two to Three... to Four
Note
Invitation
:)

3 Times

95K 2.4K 2.3K
By artpieces

~"You don't know what you have until it's gone."~

Chapter 3:

I felt poking on my right cheek and I opened one eye, looking at Liam who had a gentle smile. He looked amused, exploring my face as he started poking my other cheek.

"Liam." I managed to say over my raspy-sleepy voice.

"Francis!" He stopped and pulled away with a sheepish smile.

I realized the car wasn't moving so I stared out of the window, noticing we were in front of my house. My body was still soaking wet by the 'wonderful' rainy night.

"How long have we been here?" I asked him. His dark brown eyes looked down to his watch and then to me.

"Few minutes. You were in a deep sleep though." He chuckled and I scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh," I said in a small voice, meeting his brown eyes. I waited for him to help me out and get me inside, but this wasn't a fairytale. "I should get out now."

Liam nodded and I was about to take his coat off me, but he stopped me.

"Keep it." Liam said and looked away.

"Thank you for the ride, Liam." I said and leaned to kiss his cheek but then stopped myself.

Liam noticed, but didn't do anything but say, "Goodnight."

With a defeated sigh, I jumped out his car and walked towards the door. I turned around to see the car disappear down the streets. It was late to wave a goodbye.

Liam was being difficult and it's hard to conquer someone's heart with that attitude. He's so funny, goofy and sweet, but with me he was so serious. I wish he could open his heart to me again. Why would he do that? I rejected him.

I headed to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. I went to the living room to watch a movie. Then, I showered and jumped to bed, where I left Liam's photographed photo.

I tapped my pockets to find my iPhone, but it was empty. I left my phone in Liam's car.

-'-'-

"Eleanor!" I squealed and hugged her half to death. I could feel Mia's eyes burning on my back, but I ignored her. It's not my fault she doesn't like Eleanor.

Eleanor is such a sweet and humble girl. Mia is acting childish and I don't like to hang out with childish people.

Mia is my best friend, but there's some things I can't stand from her.

"Francine Louise!" Alex yelled and I flinched pulling away from Eleanor.

"Don't call me Francine!" I hated my name, I rather be called Francis, or Louise. I have more names than cat lives, if that even makes sense.

"Well, you almost kill Eleanor!" Alex laughed pointing at Eleanor who was catching air. I felt guilty for a moment.

"How's your ankle feeling?" I asked, hoping she was all good for another catwalk next week.

She smiled and pointed to her ankle, there was a little cast on her ankle. "No modeling and no heels for a month."

I groaned. Right now I wanted to punch Mia for doing this to her.

"I wish you a soon recovery, Eleanor." Mia called with a fake smile and walked towards us. I gave her a glare.

"Thank you!" Eleanor said not noticing her hypocrisy.

Alexander patted Eleanor's back. "At least we can take photos, but for the rest of the day you're free El. You are too Francis." He told us.

"Can I be free too?" Mia asked almost begging.

"Oh no. Not you, I'm not done with you just yet!"

Alex said in a feminine voice taking Mia by the arm and dragging her to the changing room. Eleanor opened her purse. "Francis, this morning I saw the boys and Liam sent you this iPhone. He said it's yours."

I didn't smile or show any emotions. Why didn't Liam bring it for me? It would be nice of him to come and bring it for me. Was I too much of a bother for him last night?

"Tell him thanks." I sighed and took the phone, dropping it on my pocket.

Eleanor tilted her head, "Is something wrong?"

I shook my head and gave her a fake smile, "Everything its perfect."

She gave me a nod and stretched herself, "So, what should we do now?"

I smirked, "How about we go to the beach?"

I suggested hoping her to agree. These days have been perfectly sunny and I always spend it on work.

"That sounds nice! Would you mind if I ask Louis to come?" Eleanor asked taking out her phone. "I can also ask the rest of the boys to come." She winked.

"No, I don't mind and what that wink meant?"

"Well, if you didn't notice Niall, Harry and Liam are single." She winked.

"Who's Neil and Harry?" I asked.

"It's Niall! Niall is the blonde one and Harry... He's the cheeky one with the curly hair." Eleanor said stroking my arms. "And last night I overheard Niall and Harry were discussing over you. They think you're pretty."

I blushed, "And... Liam?"

"Liam what?"

"Has Liam ever talked about me?" I asked in a small voice.

"Hm, he hasn't." Eleanor bit her bottom lips and I looked down to my feet.

"Why?" She asked and then she squealed. "You like Liam?!"

My eyes widen, "Nooooooo"

Eleanor smirked, "Anyways, let's get ready."

**

"Hahahaha!" Eleanor laughed throwing herself on the sand, clutching her stomach while I imitated a crab. "STOP IT YOU'RE KILLING ME!"

I laughed too and opened the beach chairs. "Aren't I a cute crab?"

Eleanor nodded, "I swear even when you act like a crab you look beautiful."

"Oh stop it. You're the one who's beautiful." I stated, putting on my sun glasses.

"Uh oh, shut up! If we could switch faces, I would. You're so cute!" She pinched my cheeks and I pushed her away, laughing. It's been for awhile since we met though, and I already loved her like a sister. If Mia notices I think El is a better friend than her, she's going to kill Eleanor and then me.

"Come on let's take a picture." I took out my iPhone out from my bag and Eleanor smiled to the camera. I did too and captured it. I uploaded to Twitter and mentioned her.

@FrancisTurner: Beach Time with @EleanorJCalder and waiting for @onedirection! :) x pic.com/asdfghjkl2346

@EleanorJCalder: @FrancisTurner @onedirection Such a nice weather! Hurry boys! Xx

I looked down to my animal print - one piece swimsuit and then looked to Eleanor's two pieces - pink swimsuit. We looked fabulous. She had her Ray Bans on and her curly long hair hanging loose. My hair was up to a bun and I opened a beer which was on the little basket, and started drinking it.

"Paul! We're going to be fine!" I heard an Irish accent. "We got Liam to take care of us!"

"Last time you almost drown!" A heard a deep voice said.

"That wasn't me, that was Zayn!" The Irish lad told him.

Eleanor and I turned around to see 5 lads grinning at the man who looked like their bodyguard/manager. The man sighed and walked away.

"Ello love!" Niall hugged Eleanor and Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me, Niall. She's taken." Louis pushed him, making Niall fall on me.

Niall groaned when our heads collided. "Ow sorry about that."

"It's fine." I said after a quiff guy- Zayn is it? Pulled him up and then waved hello at me.

"Nice Niall you almost squish the poor girl there." Harry rolled his eyes. "Are you okay, babe?"

I giggled and nodded, "I'm good."

I looked behind him and saw Liam. Liam met my eyes and gave me a smile, waving his hand as for a tiny hello at me. I smiled back.

"Zayn, where's Perrie?" Eleanor asked.

"She's in rehearsals!" Zayn took a seat along with the other lads, taking a beer.

I gasped, "Perrie? ...As in Perrie Edwards?"

Zayn nodded, "Fan?"

My insides exploded but I tried my best not to squeal, "Yes! Are you two dating?"

"Mhhmm" Zayn duck faced.

Liam was sitting next to me in silence. I nudged him with the elbow, "So are you dating anyone?"

I already knew the answer.

"No I'm not." Liam said scrolling down his twitter.

"I'm also single!" Niall raised a hand.

"I'm too!" Harry yelled.

"You just broke up with Taylor days ago." Louis reminded him.

"Yeah, and she took it well." Harry grinned.

"Oh yeah, she took it very well that she imitated your British accent on the Grammy's." Niall said.

"That's because she wants to be like us." Harry answered back.

"I'm lost." I interrupted them.

"Don't mind them." Eleanor laughed.

I laughed and turned around to talk with Liam but before opening my mouth, he said, "We should get to the water now." Liam said to the boys.

It felt like he didn't want to talk to me.

"I'll just stay here playing with the sand." Zayn joked.

What?

He didn't like swimming?

"Oh come on!" Louis said to Zayn.

Zayn gave up and the five lads took out their shirt off, leaving in their swimming short pants. My eyes twitched when I noticed Liam's V-Line, muscles and abdominals.

We were all now in the water, splashing the salty water for each one of us. My leg was grabbed and I screamed.

"It's just Niall!" Louis laughed.

"NIALL!" I shouted. The blue eyed boy shrugged and sheepishly smiled at me. He looked so cute.

"HELP! HELP!" I saw a kid shouting and drowning.

Why would she go that deep? Kids should be at the shore!

Nobody heard that girl but me. I quickly reacted swimming towards her. My feet weren't touching the ground anymore and I was deep. I felt the water was consuming me and I noticed I was also drowning. I grabbed the kid's hand and pushed her up to the surface while I slowly blacked out.

"FRANCIS!" I heard Liam voice. Then, my body forced me to close my eyes.

*

My lips were warm but then I realized there was a lip against mine. I slowly started breathing and I opened my eyes, finding Liam kissing- giving me CPR. Maybe sometimes you can live like a fan fiction or a fairytale after all.

I pushed him away, in shock. My body felt sticky by all the sand on me. There was a crowd around me and I saw Eleanor, Niall, Harry, Zayn, Louis and Liam kneeling around me.

I smiled, "Hey?"

They all breathed out a tensed air they were holding.

"I wanted to volunteer, but Liam smashed his lips against yours" Harry wiggled his eyebrows.

"He saved you." Eleanor said and hugged me. "You almost give me a heart attack!"

"Where's the child?" I asked remembering the girl who almost drown.

"She's safe. She's okay." Liam caressed my cheek and all I did was to blush.

"Thanks Liam." I said in a small voice, staring at his dark brown eyes. I wanted to hug him but I know he wouldn't let me.

The crowd walked away from the scene. Zayn and Louis helped me up by grabbing me by the shoulders.

Liam looked for a towel and covered me up. His hands were on my shoulders and I looked up at him.

"Why did you save me?" I asked him, biting my bottom lip. I felt so weak.

"That's a stupid question." He started to walk away but I grabbed his arm, turning him around.

"Can you please answer me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Liam asked. "Why wouldn't I save you?"

"But after I did to you? I hurt you... You could had let me die-"

"Because I wanted too and don't worry, next time I won't save you so I don't have to be rejected again."

The angry tears in my eyes were forced to hold back as I spoke, "Can I least explain?"

"No, no... It's already to late for excuses. I think you hurt me enough." Liam walked away before I could answer him.

The boys and Eleanor noticed the scene.

"Did... Did you two met before? Like... Dated?" Eleanor tilted her head.

"No, never met her or seen her before." Liam faked smile.

"Yay, can I have her?" Niall jumped on me for a piggy back ride.

"SHE'S MINE!" Harry screamed.

"Hey, you stole my line!" Louis yelled.

"You know I love you Boo Bear!" Harry said jumping on me. The three of us fell on the sand.

"Guess the beach time is ruined, let's go home." Liam said folding the beach chairs.

"Wow, I never seen Liam so angry before. Why would he be so angry?" Zayn asked. I pretended not to hear him.

Liam took everything to Eleanor's car and I followed him.

"Liam..." I mumbled.

"Can you not..." Liam started but I cut him off.

"I missed you." I confessed.

Liam's Pov

My lips were warm and I touched my lips feeling Francis' lips on mine. First time, I ever touched her lips. Even if it was just to give her air, it felt good. That one thing I always wanted, it happened today.

I threw everything to the trunk and heard steps behind me.

"Liam..." Francis mumbled and I turned around, finding her looking down her bare feet.

"Can you not..."

"I missed you."

My mouth hung open and closed it fast. I didn't want to believe her. A girl who never loved me, missed me? How's that possible?

Did I miss her? Did I miss Francis even if I dated a lot of girls and made my dream come true? Did I have a space on my heart only for her?

There was just one answer for all that question.

Yes, I did.

Even if I wanted to hate her, I know it wasn't possible.

All I did was to walk away to get the boys and leave Francis alone. I could feel her eyes burning on my back.

It still hurts what she did and I don't get what she's trying to do.

Why would she be so romantic, so nice to me now and never did it before?

Because I changed, I have money and I'm living the dream.

If she likes me, she wouldn't like me for me, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
5.3K 50 23
When an average girl encounters Harry Styles her life will never be the same again
40K 1.2K 43
This is my story... I'm Kira and I'm 17 years old. I am just a girl from the US who moved to England in search for adventure, little did I know I wou...
144K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...