Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 52

2.7K 121 9
By booklover_0234

Sometimes you need to drop your guard so your heart can breathe.
————————————————————
Warning: there is a lot of POV switches this chapter.
——————————————————
Sang's POV-
Tiny kisses are laid against my back. They travel up towards my neck and then back down over and over again. I sink deeper into the body that's holding me and a chuckle resonates around the room. Hands rub up and down my side gently and it is only then that I open my eyes.

I'm met with a chest. I look up and see Raven sleeping peacefully as I'm practically sprawled out over his body, as if that were my bed. My legs are intertwined with his and he has me wrapped tight. Once I realize it wasn't Raven touching me, I turn my head and come face to face with Corey's gorgeous eyes.

My vision is still blurry from sleep so I squint my eyes and the smile on Corey's face morphs into a grin. "Good morning sweet girl." He whispers quietly and I roll slightly towards him, taking my blanket with me.

"Good morning." My voice is slightly raspy. I can feel a dull ache in the back of my head and I'm sure I look like a mess.

"I'm going to go get breakfast. Go back to sleep for a bit." Corey says while getting out of bed.

"What time is it?" I question.

"Only five. The breakfast place is half n hour away so I am going to go now. Is that okay sweetie?" Corey asks and I nod. He begins to walk out of the room but I speak at the last minute.

"Thank you for last night." My voice is soft and I only know he heard me when his body pauses and he turns around.

"Anytime Sang. Also I enjoy waking up to my girlfriend." He chuckles. The girlfriend part makes my cheeks blush red because I forgot about that. He is my boyfriend. I have fourteen.

I watch as Corey quietly leaves and once I muster up the courage, I get up. I make my way to the bathroom and brush my teeth, as well as run a brush through my hair. When I look in the mirror, I realize I look like a complete mess. My hair is frizzy and there are very prominent bags under my eyes form crying.

I quickly find my t shirt and throw it on before heading back to the bathroom. I grab a bottle of Tylenol from the cabinet and swallow down two. I have a pounding headache that I'm sure resulted from all that happened last night.

It feels like I'm hungover and I decide now, I will never get drunk. By the time I am done and decide to leave the bathroom I feel slightly more awake, but I can also feel sleep lingering behind me like an addicting drug.

As soon as I step outside the bathroom I am swept up off of the floor and thrown over a shoulder. My feet are now dangling in the air and the body holding me chuckles when I let out a surprised squeak. As I stare at the back of the person holding me I instantly know who it is. Raven. He is the only one with tattoos on his back.

"Raven what are you doing?" I ask while laying flat against him.

"Little bird, what did I tell you would happen if you got out of bed without me?" Raven asks in a hushed tone that makes it obvious he just woke up.

"Uhm you said you would give me a hug?" I put on the best innocent voice that I can but it doesn't phase Raven one bit.

I feel his hand run up and down my thighs and I instantly begin squirming. His hands hold me tighter and I register that the one holding my thighs has left one second too late. I jump when Ravens hand comes straight down on my butt. It doesn't neccesarily hurt, but I will be getting him back for that.

Raven stalks across the room and gently deposits me onto the bed. I flop on my back as Raven crawls up the bed towards me. His face hovers over mine before he drops it and lays a gentle kiss to my neck, effectively forcing me to melt into the bed and close my eyes. "Naughty little bird. That was a warning. Next time I promise to prove my point a little better and it might not involve my hand on that ass." Raven threatens but his voice is so soft that my body has different reactions.

The first reaction is melting into him because of how kind the tone he is using is. The second reaction is curiosity because what would he do? The third reaction is feeling wanted that Raven makes such a big deal out of waking up with me.

"Why don't you tell Corey the same thing then?" I question and Raven smiles down at me.

"I could not stop him from going and getting breakfast to feed us. Besides, Corey knows the rules. He's gotten in trouble quite a few times but he has learned his lesson." Raven whispers and it makes my eyes widen, before I nod.

"Fuck! Your killing me birdy. No more talk about punishments otherwise I'll have one on my hands for what I do to you." Raven groans and I smile, but I have no clue what that means.

"Can I see your tattoos?" I blurt out suddenly and Raven instantly flips us so that I am straddling him and he is laying against the backboard of the bed.

"Be my guest little bird." Raven nods and I instantly let my eyes travel over his chest. I ignore his chiseled abs and gorgeous stomach, I focus on the tattoos. Okay I might stop for a second and ogle, but who wouldn't?

Along his stomach Raven has a few smaller tattoos but the main one is a bear. I rub my finger across the bears face and Raven sucks in a deep breath. "Why do you have this one?" I question and Raven smiles slightly.

"I have always been told I was overprotective. I got the bear tattooed because I figured when I found the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, overprotectiveness would be good. Originally it was just an outline but when I met Corey I got it filled in with color, and his name." Raven points to one of the paws of the bear and I see Corey's name tattooed elegantly on it. The tattoo is gorgeous.

"That's amazing Raven." I state and look at him with nothing but awe in my face. When he looks back at me though, I see an odd look on his face.

"Yes. There are two paws though. Do you know what will go on the other one?" He questions and I shake my head. "Your name Sang. Your mine forever and I will show it."

My heart lurches in my chest. That's permanent and makes a statement. A real statement. Everyone would know. "Don't they say you should never get a persons name tattooed on your body?" I question and Raven smirks.

"Da, but you are no random person. You are my future wife, the mother to my kids, only if you want of course. Your choice. You are also with me forever now. I could make no mistake by showing your possession over me. The way you and Corey control every single thing I do." Raven admits and I feel like I am going to lose my mind. You can't say things like that to a woman and expect her not to go crazy over it.

"I'll protect you too. And Corey. And everyone else. I don't know how much protection that will give but I'll do my best." I mumble and Raven smiles. "Why are the names on the paws of the bear?" I question and the smile Raven had drops momentarily.

"Little bird I won't lie and say I am a stranger to violence. I have hurt and killed many people but I can promise you that all of them deserved it. I will tell you the stories another day. The names are on the paws because my 'paws' are what I will use to get rid of anybody who messes with you or Corey. I can promise I would never hurt you and if you believe anything I say, always believe that." Raven pleads and I smile at him.

" I know you would never hurt me." Then to confirm he knows that, I lean forward and give him a peck on the lips. Raven smirks while growling slightly. He yanks me forward and gives me one deep, intense kiss and then pulls me until I am resting on his chest.

"You must rest now. Once the guys find out they are no longer single they will want to see you and I guarantee they won't let you go for anything." Raven laughs and I settle against him. His hands caress my back as I get lost in thoughts.

I'm nervous to see what everyone will say, but I'm more excited than anything.

————————————————————
Nathan's POV-
I walk into the Blackbourne/Toma residence and I'm fucking nervous. I have no clue what the atmosphere will be like today. Last night it was so tense that no one was comfortable and I have no clue how we can fix it.

When I walk into the living room I see almost every single person is there watching Tv. Once I step in, they turn and look toward me. "Today we are going to act like nothing happened. Corey and Raven are out getting breakfast right now and we will wake Sang up for breakfast along with the kids." Axel states and I nod my head. What else can we do? Right now the ball is in her court and she isn't prepared to make a move.

"I'll go wake her up." I declare and move towards her room before the protests start. When I make it to her door I start off by giving a light knock. When I don't hear the sheets rustling, or an answer from her, I knock again.

Once again there is no answer so I figure she is just in a deep sleep.  When I crack the door open and see an empty bed, my heart starts racing. "Sang?" I call out and there is no response. I walk towards her bathroom and when I see she isn't there, I take breath.

The next two places I check are Cameron and Lily's room. Each time I go in I'm careful not to wake them up but each time I come out empty handed my head is spinning. Where could she have gone? Is she safe? How the fuck did she get past all of us? "Peanut!" I call out going down the hallway. When I make it back to the living room, Victor is the first person to see me.

"Where is our princess?" Victor questions and I don't miss the use of 'our.' He most certainly hasn't given up.

"I checked her room. Sang isn't there. She isn't with either of the kids. Sang left and we didn't even fucking realize it!" I'm close to yelling and I am only able to dial it back when Brandon sends me a look that tells me calm myself down.

"Okay but the kids are here? So she has to come back, correct?" Axel questions and Gabe nods.

"Of fucking course trouble will come back. But where the hell is she? It's early as fuck and I don't know where she could be." Gabe huffs and his eyebrows are dipped close together.

"Maybe she went for a run. Sang has said she likes running before." Luke offers and then shakes his head. "She wouldn't just leave the kids. No way."

"Sang baby doesn't like confrontation. If she thought there would be some then she might have went to clear her head." North states oddly calmly. Considering his fists are clenched and his arms are shaking slightly. Silas looks the exact same way and I know they are feeling this hit hard. They're losing her once again.

Marc opens his mouth to speak but the front door opens and everyone looks toward the noise, expecting it to be Sang. Everyone lets out disappointed sighs when they see it is only Corey.

Corey looks up at all of us with raised eyebrows. "I thought you people liked me more than that. Jeez!" He's joking around as if last night never happened. It's so fucking annoying. How could he do that?

"Corey, Sang is missing from the house. Where is Raven?" Kota questions when he realizes Raven is not with Corey.

Corey looks at each one of us then slowly shakes his head. "Sang isn't missing. She's here." He states and Axel lets out a loud, frustrated sigh.

"No Corey. Sang isn't here. We checked her room, the kids rooms, and every open space in this house. All of the other rooms we slept in so she couldn't be there. She isn't fucking here and we have no clue where she is! Where the hell is Raven so we can figure out how to track her down?" I have never seen Axel this close to losing control and to be honest it's terrifying.

"Yes she is. Raven didn't go out with me. I told you it was only me. Sang is currently in mine and Ravens room, sleeping peacefully with him." Corey bites out and if he didn't look so serious I would think he were joking.

"So you're telling me right now she's cuddled up with Raven, asleep?" Sean asks and Corey nods.

All at once we start moving towards the room, but Corey's voice stops us. "I wouldn't just barge in there. You wouldn't want to scare our girlfriend." Corey warns and he has a huge grin on his face.

That stops every single one of us mid step. "Corey. Explain." North's voice is deadly and I know if Corey is joking right now there will be a fight we'll have to break up.

"Last night Sang was getting a glass of water and dropped the glass. Raven heard it and came to see what it was. Sang has looked panicky and had a nightmare so Raven basically carried her to our room. We calmed her down and after that we ended up talking a few things through. We talked about why she was nervous and worked through it. In the end, she decided to give it a try and to trust us." Corey is out of breath by the time he is done talking and I am holding mine.

"So you are telling me, we are no longer single. We are all dating the most fucking gorgeous girl in the world. We're lucky bastards and somehow ended up having a chance with our dream girl?" Gabe questions and the hope in his voice is so strong.

"Yes Gabe. We got a chance and we can not mess it up." Corey confirms and that's all it takes.

Once again we are all running down the hallway, and Luke slams the door open.    Raven jumps up and is staring wide eyed before he realizes it is us. Then his face morphs into a grin. Sang is still sleeping peacefully on top of him and I can see that her eyes are rimmed red and it is clear she was crying. It breaks my fucking heart that she was upset but I know she had people to take care of her.

Raven gently rolls Sang over and the Russian runs his hands through her hair so gently. We are all in a trance as Sang's eyes slowly blink open and she attempts to nuzzle farther into Raven, clearly not wanting to get up yet. "Holy shit. This is real." Brandon's curses.

That makes Sang startle. She sits up and when she sees us she lets out a little squeak. Her eyes travel across all of us and her mouth pops open. "Uhm w-what are you all doing in h-here?" She questions and confusion overpowers the sleep in her voice.

Gabe doesn't care though he dives towards Sang and wraps her up in his grasp. He yanks her out of bed and begins spinning her. Meanwhile she is wide eyed and slightly concerned. "Tell is its real Sang. Tell us your our girlfriend and we're a couple. I wanna hear it from that gorgeous fucking mouth." Gabe demands and understanding crosses over her eyes.

Sang looks so nervous as all of us intently stare at her. "Uhm I talked to them and if it is still an option. I shouldn't have ran out yesterday and uhm I was just nervous and I'm not saying that was a good choice. It probably isn't even an option anymore but uhm-" Sang gets cut off by Victor.

"It's always an option princess. It always will be." A smile breaks out on her face.

"Hey you're hogging her!" Luke yells and tackles her and Gabe to the bed. She starts giggling like crazy and it is the best sound in the whole entire world.

The guys take turns one by one hugging her close and when it gets to be my turn I'm ecstatic. I bring her in close to me and wrap my whole body around her. Then I lean down into her ear and whisper, "you have no clue what you've gotten yourself into peanut. We might drive you crazy but I swear we will do everything we can to make you happy." I promise and Sang nods her head in a silent confirmation. She knows.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
The whole time I was getting the kids ready for school, eating breakfast, and taking them to school, I have not been let go. One of the guys are constantly holding me or holding my hand.

Except for Owen. He is so cautious around me and it's bugging me. I feel like maybe he didn't want this, or he has bad news about my dad situation. As we get back to the house his eyebrows are furrowed together when he speaks to me. "Sang could you and I speak in another room?" He questions and I get a sense of deva ju from the other day.

I nod and follow him into his room. He sits down on the bed and motions for me to do the same. Owen doesn't speak so I decide to be the first one. "Do you not want this? I know you didn't care for me and maybe you still don't. That's okay." I say quietly and Owen looks toward me with wide, scared eyes.

"Sang I was going to ask if you wanted to be in a relationship with me. I haven't been the kindest person and I still haven't made up for that. I figured you would be hesitant. For good reason of course." He answers while grabbing my hand.

"Owen I do want a relationship with you. However, if you ever think about calling me a whore again or anything similar to that then I will never speak to you again. That isn't okay." I warn him and he nods, his eyes wide.

"Shit. I should've never done that. It wasn't okay at all. One more chance and I'll make it perfect." He promises but I shake my head. I see a moment of fear in his eyes before I speak.

"You don't need to be perfect. You need to be respectful and understanding. If we can do that then we will succeed." I whisper out and he nods while grabbing me until I am sitting sideways on his lap.

"Can I take you out tomorrow morning? I want to take you somewhere important to me and explain to you more about why I am the way I am. If that is okay with you." Owen asks and I'm excited. I'm eager to learn more about him.

"Yeah. That sounds really nice." I answer and he smiles.

"I also have the key to the house your dad left you. Would you like to go look at it?"

It takes me a minute to think on this. Do I want to go? I think it is important to see a piece of my dad, so I nod.

Owen and I leave the room and walk back into the kitchen. "What are we doing agelle?" My Superman questions.

"I want to go see the house that dad left me." I declare and a smile graces his lips.

"That seems like an amazing idea." Marc nods and we all begin to load up in the cars.

I end up sitting in the passenger seat of Axels car with Brandon, Nathan, Kota, and Victor in the back row rows. We start heading out of the driveway and Axel placed his hand on top of mine and interlocks our fingers. My heart picks up and I look around to see the guys have seen this action. None of them look jealous though. All I receive are smiles from them and it makes my stomach calm down. Maybe this can work. Just maybe.

We drove for easily twenty minutes with the soft hum of the radio in the background. I'm nervous about seeing the house that my dad left me. I grew up thinking he never wanted me when he had been preparing for me.

I feel a squeeze on my shoulders and realize it is Kota. I look around and in front of me is a gorgeous house. We are slightly in the woods and trees surround us. "This is..." I trail off and Victors hums in agreement.

We get out of the cars and I join the rest of the guys. North wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. "Are you ready?" I nod my head as Owen opens the front door. When we walk in, I think I actually lose my breath.

It looks like a mystical cottage. There are large windows in every single room and it is made out of beautiful wood pieces. I don't bother expressing what I think about this because I could never explain it. Instead k simply walk around the house. I vaguely recognize the sounds of people walking around behind me and the soft murmurings of conversations but I don't focus on them. I focus on each room. How all the furniture seems to be particularly chosen.

As I make it back to the living room of the house, none of the other guys are there and I find a envelope on the table. I sit down on the couch and when I pick the envelope up, my name is scribbled in a pretty cursive handwriting.

I pick the envelope up and carefully open it, careful not too rip any piece of it. I unfold it and lean back in the couch before I begin reading.

Dear Sang,
I never wished for life to end up this way for you. You were my princess when you were younger and I don't know if you would appreciate being called that now, but every time I think of you I can only remember my princess. My beautiful girl who loved pink, poofy dresses and having tea parties outside on the grass.

The day I left I had a plan. It is true I had another family, but I promise I was coming back for you Babygirl. I left with the plan that I would prove your mother was unfit to be a guardian, and then I would be able to have full custody of you. The day I left your mother sent in a restraining order against me. It was for you and your mother. She made up lies that she told the court and I ended up being convicted as guilty. I had a no-contact restraining order placed against me and that was the worst moment of my life. I'm sorry the letters I sent you were never kind. I was scared you would get caught and I would never be able to see you again. The restraining order ends when you turn 18. I'm writing this letter while your 16. My princess is 16 years old. It seems unreal. I plan on sending this to you a few days before you turn 18 so you have time to process my intentions, though if you are reading this then I'm sure you understand my intentions now.

I hope when I see you for the first time in so many years we can talk. I understand you may never want me in your life but I have so many plans for what you and I can do together. I was thinking a trip or a cruise or truly any vacation you would like to start with. I want to get to know my courageous daughter and hopefully you will want to get to know your dad.

If anything happens to me before that, you are in my will. I want you to have the money and the house. I want much, much more for you as well but those things aren't material, so I can not supply them. If anything happens to me before you turn 18 please know that I love you so much. You are my daughter and I would give my life for you. I love you so much sweet pea, see you in a few days.
-dad
Oh my god. My heart is racing so fast. I turn 18 in a few weeks. I was so close. I was so fucking close and I was screwed over. "Sang?" The soft voice of Kota interrupts my thoughts and I bring my face towards him. There I see all of my guys standing in the doorway. They are looking at me with concern clear in their eyes and I don't blame them.

"Yeah?" I keep my voice even but it's a challenge.

"What is that?" Hearing Kota's voice calms some of the anger brewing in my body but I know I need to blow off some energy.

I stand up and walk across the room. Then I gently hand him the letter and walk out of the house. I walk all the way to the car and sit myself back into the passenger seat of Axels car and I wait.
————————————————————
Sean's POV:
Sang walked out. We watch as she walks to the car then turn our heads toward Kota, waiting for him to read the letter.

Dear Sang,
I never wished for life to end up this way for you. You were my princess when you were younger and I don't know if you would appreciate being called that now, but every time I think of you I can only remember my princess. My beautiful girl who loved pink, poofy dresses and having tea parties outside on the grass.

The day I left I had a plan. It is true I had another family, but I promise I was coming back for you Babygirl. I left with the plan that I would prove your mother was unfit to be a guardian, and then I would be able to have full custody of you. The day I left your mother sent in a restraining order against me. It was for you and your mother. She made up lies that she told the court and I ended up being convicted as guilty. I had a no-contact restraining order placed against me and that was the worst moment of my life. I'm sorry the letters I sent you were never kind. I was scared you would get caught and I would never be able to see you again. The restraining order ends when you turn 18. I'm writing this letter while your 16. My princess is 16 years old. It seems unreal. I plan on sending this to you a few days before you turn 18 so you have time to process my intentions, though if you are reading this then I'm sure you understand my intentions now.

I hope when I see you for the first time in so many years we can talk. I understand you may never want me in your life but I have so many plans for what you and I can do together. I was thinking a trip or a cruise or truly any vacation you would like to start with. I want to get to know my courageous daughter and hopefully you will want to get to know your dad.

If anything happens to me before that, you are in my will. I want you to have the money and the house. I want much, much more for you as well but those things aren't material, so I can not supply them. If anything happens to me before you turn 18 please know that I love you so much. You are my daughter and I would give my life for you. I love you so much sweet pea, see you in a few days.
-dad

Holy shit. Another kink in Sang's life. This one changes everything. I would expect Sang to be sad, or upset. Hell, she could've had a whole life with her dad. Pookie just looked blank with a hint of anger.

"What now?" Victor questions.

"Little birdy is angry. She needs to show that." Raven adds on.

"We got it covered." North states and Silas nods his head.

"We can make her...express it. We should probably go to a gym though. Unless you want a glass broken Mr.B." Silas states cryptically and Owen opens his mouth to obviously object, but I intervene.

"Are you sure this will work?" I question both boys and they nod. "We will do it then." I walk my ass out the door and towards my car. Pookie needs to release anger and North and Silas know how to make that happen. I have a feeling I know how too. If I'm right then the method might not be pretty but it will work pretty damn good.

When we pull up to the gym everybody in my car gets out, and I walk up to where Sang is standing by North. "Why are we here?" She questions and North shrugs.

"Juts come on babygirl. I have to do some work so we're going to hang here. Just listen." He tells her and Sang bristles at that. She doesn't like being told what to do especially with the tone that North used. This is part of the plan though.

Sang looks around and turns to Kota. "Will you please take me home? I just want to sleep." Sang says with a sweet smile on her face but I know for a fact she doesn't want to sleep. She wants to get away from North, who is annoying her.

Kota's mouth drops open and he looks around nervously. I decide to be a saving grace. "No can do pookie. We all have to get some work done." I push her gently into the building and she fights me slightly the whole way.

Once we make it inside almost everyone looks nervous at what she'll do, but Sang just settles herself on a couch. North grabs a computer and sits down, right on top of her. Practically in her lap. Sang bristles once again. She lets out an aggravated sigh and moves to the other side of the couch.

"So Sang, that letter was really awful." Silas says and if looks could kill, then Silas would be dead.

"Mhm." That's all Sang says.

"Bet you wish you could have met your dad again." He murmurs and all of us suck in a breath. That was close to being over the line.

"Why are you two being assholes?" Sang questions as she stands up and tries to get away.

North quickly grabs her up and the fight begins. "North let me go."

"No." Sang sputters at North's short response.

"Silas please help." She begs and when he doesn't answer, she looks toward us. All of us turn our backs and that angers Sang more. "What are you trying to do North?" Sang questions.

"You're mad. You need to unleash the anger. We did this when we were younger and it worked." North says simply and Sang scoffs.

"We were kids North. I'm not fighting you." Sang declares.

"You will agelle. Anger is dangerous and you know that. Do you remember all the time you did this for North or I? Payback." Silas answers.

"You went too far. You shouldn't have said that."

"Maybe not but it made you angry. We have all said worse things to each other and you know we don't really mean it. Now woman up and fight or get over it." Silas growls.

Before I can blink, Sang throws an elbow and hits North right in the face. He stumbles slightly and lets her go. Sang attempts to get away. Silas grabs her and pushes her back. Then, something breaks in Sang.

Her eyes focus and she looks pissed. It's fucking scary how quick a woman can get angry. Silas goes to throw a punch and I get ready to intervene when I see it is one he would aim at Nathan. Several other people get ready to intervene as well, but there is no need.

Sang easily blocks the punch and comes back with one that Silas blocks. North comes up behind her and grabs her, which makes Sang angrier. For at least ten minutes we watch them fight each other off and no one else really gets a good hit, but Sang has gotten progressively angrier and more intense.

After another ten minutes, Sang begins losing focus and Silas almost punches her. He quickly diverts the punch but doesn't make it insanely obvious. Sang is getting tired, and the anger in her movements is lessening.

After another five minutes, Sang collapses on the mat backwards. The tension is gone from her body. North and Silas collapse beside her while the rest of us are left shocked. We knew Sang could fight. We have seen her do it. But the moves she pulled out to defend herself against these two? I wouldn't be surprised if she were sore for days. I sure as hell would be.

"Thank you." Sang says quietly and Silas groans.

"Your lucky agelle. I just got my ass kicked and that hasn't happened in years."

Sang giggles. She went from pissed off too laughing in a matter of minutes. Sang heaves herself up off the floor before the boys and walks over to us. She looks at Kota and smiles. "Now can we go home?"

"Yeah. We can go home. And you don't have to beat me up to do it either." Kota teases but I think there is some seriousness in there. I don't blame him.

Raven and Nathan heave Silas and North up off of the floor. Sang is already sitting in the car but this time she has joined mine.

Me, Owen, Axel, and Marc all crawl in and begin the drive home. "How many times has something like that happened before?" Axel asks curiously.

"Pretty often. Especially when we were young. It is a good way to get anger out while being surrounded by people you trust, you have to know they won't take advantage of you in a vulnerable position." Sang explains. "It gives you a form of control. I knew exactly what was happening when we walked into the gym but at the end of the day it was my decision to fight back and my decision to stop when I did. I always had that control and that made me comfortable. I trust North and Silas to not take advantage of me when I am not alert too full capacities."

It makes sense why they did that. I thought it was all really about getting anger out but I realize now that wasn't it completely. Sang has people to fall back on and she trusted that. North and Silas showed their loyalty to her that had previously been betrayed by other people.

The ride is quiet the rest of the way but Sang seems more at peace with herself, and that is more than any of us could have asked for.

When we make it home Sang goes to take a bath meanwhile the rest of us gather. "Owen, Axel, and I have to do some work. Sadly." I state and my shoulder slump when I think about working. Can't I just take my pookie anywhere but here?

"Me, Si, and Brandon have to work at the garage." North grunts out.

"Raven and I, along with Victor are going to work on some digital work." Corey says.

"Me and Marc are going to help uncle out at the diner." Nathan checks his phone.

"That leaves Luke, Gabe, and Kota who get to be with Sang." I pout slightly. It might not be manly but come on!

"Okay we will need to leave now. Be careful please." Owen sighs like he knows something will happen meanwhile I laugh.
————————————————————
Kota's POV:
Saying I'm excited would be an understatement. I haven't gotten a lot of time myself with Sang lately and I'm eager to have her around.

Sang strolls out of the hallway and her hair is wet and it is clear she just took a bath. "Oy trouble why did you wash your fucking hair without me?" Gabe demands and Sang laughs.

"I have to clean my hair Gabe. Besides, you won't always be there to do it." She smirks and Gabe pouts. He does not like that idea one bit.

"Alright cupcake it is just us four. What do you want to do? I was thinking that we could bake some cookies. Who doesn't love cookies?" Luke questions and he looks 100% serious.

"We can. What do you guys think?" Sang questions while looking towards Gabe and I.

Gabe is focused on her hair right now and currently unresponsive so I roll my eyes and answer her. "I think that would be a great idea sweetie."

We set to work getting all
Of the supplies and things like that ready. Luke is practically bouncing with joy. Sang and Luke mix the flour together and the rest of the ingredients while Gabe and I watch. We put on soft music as well and right now is simply relaxing.

"Fuck, Trouble." Gabe curses and Sang looks up, slightly startled.

"What?"

"Imagine if we had never met you. Do you know how terrible that would be?" Gabe questions and my stomach turns at the mere thought.

"I'm not sure where I would be." Sang admits and that makes me sick as well. What the hell would her life be like?

Luke and Sang get the cookies put in the oven and then Luke wraps his arms around her. "I wouldn't have a baking partner in crime!" Luke sighs dramatically and I fight not too roll my eyes.

I open my mouth to speak when the song changes but as a beat begins to play, Sang's eyes go wide. "What?" I ask slightly concerned that something is wrong.

"I haven't heard this song in forever!" She laughs and I focus on the melody. I have never heard it and judging by the looks on Luke's and Gabe's faces I would say they haven't either.

Sang grabs Luke's hands and begins to dance with him as the first lyrics of the song ring out.

Alabama, Arkansas
I do love my ma and pa
Not that way that I do love you

Luke's eyes widen and he grins. "I have heard North and Silas listening to this before." He smiles and spins Sang, causing her to laugh.

Then Luke brings her back in and sings the next verse of the song, and he doesn't sound all that bad.

Well, holy moly, me oh my
You're the apple of my eye
Girl, I've never loved one like you

It is Sang's turn for her eyes to widen. Her grin multiplies by two and she lays against Luke's chest.

Man, oh man, you're my best friend
I scream it to the nothingness
There ain't nothing that I need

"Oy I want a turn!" Gabe snatches Sang up as she laughs. She lays her head against his chest as they dance around the kitchen and it is a sight that I could have never known would make me so happy.

Well, hot and heavy, pumpkin pie
Chocolate candy, Jesus Christ
Ain't nothing please me more than you
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
La, la, la, la, take me home
(Daddy) Mother, I'm coming home
I'll follow you into the park
Through the jungle, through the dark
Girl, I never loved one like you (hey)
Moats and boats and waterfalls
Alleyways and pay phone calls
I've been everywhere (hey) with you
That's true, laugh until we think we'll die
Barefoot on a summer night
Never could be sweeter than with you (hey)
And in the streets you run a-free
Like it's only you and me
Geez, you're something to see
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
La, la, la, la, take me home
(Daddy) Mother, I'm coming home

They dance for a long time and it is only when Luke pushes me towards the two that I get the courage to take a turn. Gabe easily passes her too me and Sang keeps her eyes closed. She rests against my body and wraps her hands around my neck. I pull her close to me and dance the rest of the song out.

Jade"
"Alexander"
"Do you remember that day you fell out of my window?"
"I sure do, you came jumping out after me"
"Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass
And you were bleedin' all over the place
And I rushed you out to the hospital, you remember that?"
"Yes, I do"
"Well, there's something I never told you about that night"
"What didn't you tell me?"
"While you were sitting in the backseat smoking a cigarette
You thought was gonna be your last
I was falling deep, deeply in love with you
And I never told you 'til just now"
"Aww"
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
Oh, home, let me come home
Home is where I'm alone with you
Home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
Oh, home, yes, I am home
Home is when I'm alone with you
Alabama, Arkansas
I do love my ma and pa
Moats and boats and waterfalls
Alleyways and pay phone calls
Home is when I'm alone with you

The song ends as the oven timer goes off but Sang makes no move to leave my side. She simply trusts that we have everything under control and that might be the greatest gift that I could have ever even asked for.

The cookies get pulled out of the oven and we eat a few before sprawling out on the couch to watch Tv. Things are finally looking up.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
I'm currently putting the kids to bed for the night. After watching Tv for a bit we went and picked up the kids and followed through with the afternoon/nighttime routine

Now I'm placing Cameron in bed after I read him a story. All day he has been talking about the play tomorrow and I am equally excited. "Sang?" Cameron questions and I drop a kiss on his forehead.

"Yes?"

"Will you sleep with me tonight?" My heart nearly melts at that request. It has been so long since Cam has needed me like that and I am happy to oblige.

"Sure. Why don't we go to my room so that theaters is more space?" I question and Cam simply holds his hand out for me to pick him up.

I do so and hold him against my chest as I walk through the hallway and into my room. Marc sees me and smiles at me.

I go to my bed and lay him down on it, then crawl in bed myself. Can lays on top of me and I welcome him smoothly. That night Cam falls asleep the quickest I have ever seen him, and so do I.
—————the next morning—————
Owen's POV:
To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. Today is the morning when I will be showing Sang the spot my mother and I used to have picnics at. I have never taken anyone there before and I'm terrified by what she will think, but I know this is neccesary to gain her trust, and I want to share this part of my life with her.

I knock on her bedroom door and Sang opens it instantly. She is dressed and ready and that's slightly shocking too me. It is easily five in the morning.

I look over her shoulder and smile when I see a small, sleeping form in her bed. Cameron is knocked out and it is nice to see him so at peace. "Are you ready Sang?" I question and she smiles while nodding.

I told the others I was doing this and they seemed shocked, which I don't blame them. I walk Sang out to the car and open the door for her, and she climbs in carefully.

Then I walk to the other side and get in before starting the car and driving down our driveway. The whole time there we drive in silence. I would love to spend this time talking one on one with Sang but I'm scared if I spoke I would be far too shaky.

We drive for 45 minutes and Sang keeps her head facing towards the window most of the time. I would say she's nervous too considering the way she's acting.

I pull down the king gravel driveway that leads toward the lake and park on the side. I exit the car and grab a few blankets from the trunk before I interlock my hand with Sang's and gently pull her behind me.

We walk far out into the dock and Sang wait patiently as I lag out the several blankets, and pillows that I have with me. By the time I am done my heart is in physical pain at the reminder of this place. It feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest, but when I place a hand there, there is no hole. Not a visible one at least.

I motion for Sang to sit down and she does with delicacy. I sit down across from her and stare out into the waters. I need to speak with her but I need a moment to get my bearings, and she seems to respect that.

After five minutes of waiting I turn towards her, and take a breath. "My mother died when I was younger. I always loved this place because we used to come and have picnics here every weekend. It was always my favorite thing to do with her." Sang looks at me with n understanding in her eyes that almost breaks me.

I reach across the blankets and pick her up, and slide her across to where I am. Sang herself turns to face me and now she is practically sitting in my lap, I find that I don't mind at all.

"When I was younger my dad was an abusive asshole." I let out a harsh breath. "He was always hitting and yelling at my mom. He never really raised a hand towards me but that was only because my mom stopped him. She never let him hurt me."

Sang brings a hand to my cheek. "Your mother sounds like an incredibly strong person."

I smile at that. My mom is an incredibly strong person. Well, was.

"There was one night when they were fighting and it was the worse I had ever seen. Glass bottles were broken everywhere as my dad was beating my mom black and blue." My whole body is tense now and Sang places her hands in my shoulders, rubbing me up and down soothingly.

"I was so angry that he could do that. What kind of man does that? Anyways I was probably nine when this happened. My nine year old self thought it would be smart to interfere. I ran up to my dad and slammed a glass bottle over his head. He was livid to say the least. He started coming towards me with a knife he had pulled out of his pocket." I take a deep breath and rub my hand over my face. I can't do this. I can't fucking do this. I haven't spoken about this in ages and I can't start now.

I make a strangled sound and try to get away from Sang, but she latches into me. "You don't have to tell me the rest but you can't run from me Owen." Her sweet voice calms the rush in my body slightly.

I'm embarrassed when a tear slides down my face, and Sang sees. I'm a grown man, I shouldn't be crying over this. Sang doesn't seem to care though. Her eyes widen and she stares at me in shock for a moment before promptly wiping my tear. She lays a kiss on my cheek where the tear was, then brings her head back to listen.

"My mother wouldn't let me get hurt. She ran towards my dad and screamed, when he turned around the knife went into my mother chest and killed her almost immediately. The neighbors heard everything and called the police. My dad was taken away and I was sent to the academy. That's where I met Sean." I confess quietly and Sang doesn't hesitate in wrapping her body around me. She holds me with so much care and compassion that it makes me sick. I pull away and look at Sang in horror.

"I'm the reason my mother is dead Sang. Don't feel bad for me. It is my own fault."

That gets me the dirtiest look I have ever seen Sang give. "It was not your fault. Your mother protected you like your father should have been doing as well. You did what you could to protect your mother and that is a good thing Owen." Sang whispers softly but i when my head. I can't talk about this anymore.

The dam inside of me that has been taped up far too many times will break, and I won't let Sang see that.

Sang is an observer though and her eyes are sad as she watches me. Sang unhooks her legs from me and I think this might be the time when Sang decides I'm unworthy, but she lays down on her back beside me instead.

Sang opens her arms and I stare at her confused. "Lay down." She commands softly and I almost chuckle at that. There is no way.

"Sang that-" I'm cut off.

"Owen Blackbourne. I trusted you to take care of me and hold me when I was in so much pain. Don't deny me the honor of doing the same for you."
Sang's voice is hard and she is right.

I position myself over her slightly but it feels too awkward. Thankfully, Sang takes control. She pushes my head down to where it is laying in her chest/ stomach. I'm laying on my stomach while sand is stacked up against some pillows. Sang guides my arms around her back, and then wraps a blanket around the both of us.

I never though someone would care this much about me and the thought brings tears to my eyes. Sang must notice because she runs her fingers through my hair. "It's okay to cry. Be upset. Be angry. It's just you and me here. You have seen me at my worst and you took amazing care of me. I've got you now. You can take a break Owen. Seeing you upset won't make me run away. It will only remind me that you are human as well, and the kind of man you are. I promise you're safe here."

It is like she is spending the words I always needed to hear because the second she speaks her last word, tears are flowing down my face. I can feel my body shake with tiny sobs and I attempt to pull back so I don't crush her, but Sang keeps me pulled down into her. I won't lie, Sang comforting me is the best feeling I have ever felt. I feel truly seen.

I lay on top o Sang, crying for what seems like hours but may only be half an hour to an hour. I cry for the child version of me that didn't get a mother and I cry for the adult version of me that has to mourn a mother I never truly got too have. I cry because I'm simply tired and maybe people are right, crying does heal.

When I look up into Sang's face she is looking up at the sky with a soft smile on her lips. We lay there easily for another hour, but I don't lay on top of Sang the whole time. I flip over and hold her close to my chest. Her face buried in my neck and this is just as comforting.

After a little while longer I stand up and so does Sang. It is time to go so I pack everything up, but bring Sang close to the edge of the dock. "Mom I want you to meet Sang. This is the girl I'm gonna marry and I plan on spending the rest of my life with. If you could find Sang's dad up there in heaven and ask permission for me to marry his daughter then that would be great. I love you."

When I look down to Sang's face I see sadness mixing in with the blush in her face but I see mainly happiness and it makes my heart soar. "Are you ready to go Darling?" I question and she shakes her head.

"You go on. Ill be there in a minute." I walk back far enough so that I am not in the way, and Sang must think I can't hear her because she begins speaking to my mother.

"I don't know if I am the kind of girl you would have picked out for your son. I'm clumsy and don't know how to express myself very well. I also come with a lot of baggage. I do hope though that you would approve of me now. I didn't necessarily understand everything about your son before today, but I think I do now. Owen might seem cold on the outside but he is mush on the inside. Don't tell him I told you that. You took care of Owen in every way you could and I understand why. I have done the same things for my siblings all my life. I wanted to say thank you for protecting your son. If you didn't then I wouldn't have the privilege of knowing him today and that would be an abomination to the world. I also want to tell you that I can take care of him now. I promise to do everything I can to make sure he is cared for by everyone in this world. I hope you are okay with me being the one to do that. Thank you for being an amazing mother." Sang speaks like it is a conversation.

Each word makes my heart become warmer inside my chest and by the end of the speech, it is clear to me.

I have fallen in love with Sang Sorenson, and my heart is protected by her. My whole well being is and always has been even if I didn't realize it.

It truly is crazy how life changes.

Sang walks up the dock and grabs my hand that I have reached out. I take one last look into the sky and send up a silent sentence.

I miss you more than anything mom, but I can survive without you until I reach Heaven if it means I get to stay with Sang.I hope that's okay.

There is a warm breeze the sends flowers tumbling our way and a smile breaks out into my face. She gave me her approval.
————————————————————
Authors note:
I loved writing this chapter. I really hope that you all think it was worth the wait. I can't wait to see what you all have to say and thank you so much for your support! I will try to be posting another chapter soon! As always there might be errors and I do apologize.

This chapter was 9582 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 8.2K 31
I had a choice. Either way I was losing them though. But I'd rather they keep breathing. Living a life without me. So I protected them. Faked my d...
329K 16.6K 34
"I can't bear to see you in pain," I whispered to him, why couldn't he understand? "I have to protect you." "But who looks after you?" Mr. Blackbourn...
59.2K 3.4K 38
Sang Sorenson is a girl going through heartbreak. Everything was going perfectly, but the moment she let her guard down, that was the moment she rem...
531K 25.6K 58
Sang Sorenson doesn't understand what is normal. She has been abused by her family and heard two voices in her head her whole life. The Blackbourne...