The Rescue

Bởi Nerdyyyyy1

With conviction, Kara slams her now empty glass to the table and decides to take action. She wanders over to... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 33

865 40 2
Bởi Nerdyyyyy1

"Lena. Lena!" Kara's voice slowly gets more frantic. The woman is trembling in her arms and isn't coming out of it like she normally does. She holds Lena's face in her hands and blue eyes dart back and forth, trying to will Lena's eyes to actually see her. The next thing she knows, she is being sprayed with sand as Sam slides down on her knees to wrap her arms around her best friend.

"Come on, babe. Come back. You're safe. You're here with us, and you're safe," Sam whispers.

Kara and Sam make eye contact, both with worry in their eyes. The blonde looks up to her sister who is hovering to the side.

"What happened?" Alex asks gently.

"We were- I- I just asked her to go swimming with me," Kara trips over her own words. She's seen Lena's flashbacks before, but she has never been the cause of one. "Oh my god... I- I didn't think..."

"Kara, stop," Sam says firmly. "She needs you right now. You need to stay calm right now."

"But- but- her mom," Kara whispers.

Sam shoots her a death glare. "I mean it. Stop right now. Help me with Lee."

Kara snaps her jaw shut and does her best to slow down her panicked breaths. Between Sam and Alex, they roll Lena off of Kara's lap to lay down in the shade. Kara is quick to hold up Lena's upper body as she slides herself under the woman again. She crosses her arms over Lena's shoulders and rocks rhythmically as she whispers reassurances in the ravenette's ear. Sam is by Lena's feet and rubs her hands up and down her friend's legs to ground her further. Alex stands by to ensure no one approaches them. She only has to wave off a couple runners from becoming involved.

"Come back to us, Lee. We are right here with you. You're safe."

Slowly, the woman's trembling tapers until it eventually halts. Lena is very slow to come back around to the present, and when she does, it looks like all the energy was just zapped from her. She looks like she hasn't slept in ages. She looks absolutely exhausted.

"Hey, babe. There you are," Sam smiles gently.

"Sam?" Lena croaks.

"That's right, honey. It's Sam. I'm right here."

"Where's- where's Kara?" Lena starts to crane her neck to look around her best friend to see if Kara is in the ocean. Her breath picks up again at the thought of the blonde out in the crashing waves.

"I'm here, Lee. I'm right here," Kara is quick to say. She hugs Lena tightly from behind.

Lena twists just to verify with her own eyes that her girlfriend is still safe and sound on the beach. Her jaw trembles and she squeezes her eyes shut to try to keep the tears in. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Hey, you don't need to apologize for anything. I should be the one apologizing. I- I'm so sorry. I- I didn't think-"

Lena just shakes her head and turns in Kara's arms to tackle her in a bear hug. "You did nothing wrong, Kar."

Sam stands up and brushes the sand off her knees. She quickly grabs a couple water bottles and tosses them by the couple. "Make sure she drinks that. You, too. We'll make ourselves scarce and give you a moment."

Sam grabs Alex's arm and pulls her further down the beach. Alex is quick to wrap her arm around Sam who is trying valiantly to hold herself together until they are a safe distance away.

"I'm such a mess," Lena mutters under her breath. Since her face is right next to Kara's, she hears everything.

"No, you aren't, Lena. You are human. You have been through so much, and it's only natural for it to wear on you. I'm just glad you are okay now." Kara's hands wander all over pale skin, trying to comfort but also just to be reassured that Lena really is okay. "Now, how about we get some water in you?"

Kara grabs one of the bottles while continuing to hold her girlfriend. She quickly opens it and holds it up for her. Lena takes several tiny sips, mostly to appease Kara and Sam, but she has to admit, it is helping. She keeps her head tucked under Kara's chin as they sit in a comfortable silence.

"Should we head home?"

"No! No," Lena rushes out. "There's no need to ruin a perfectly nice day."

"Lee, it won't ruin anything. I just want to take care of you."

"I know. I know, but please. I need us to stay. I need us to pretend that didn't happen so I don't have to feel guilty about it later. Please, Kar. Please," Lena begs. Her mind can't help but supply examples of all the other times one of her meltdowns ruined their days: the restaurant, the court date, the times at the hotel, game night. She can't bear another day ruined.

"It's not your fault. And you don't need to suffer for the sake of the rest of us. We can have fun in the city or at a movie or something else. We don't have to be here."

"Please, Kara."

Kara looks over the woman, as if she would be able to discern if Lena would truly be okay to stay at the beach just a bit longer. She lets out a breath before acquiescing. "Fine. But I'm staying right here on the beach with you. And you let me know if it gets to be too much, and we will just go home."

Lena nods her head in agreement with a little sniffle and a quiet 'thanks.' She takes more sips of her water before grabbing the other bottle and nudging the blonde with it. "You need to drink, too."

"I'm okay. You may need it."

"That wasn't a request, darling. Drink it." Lena's voice hardens in her demand. She arches her brow as if daring Kara to challenge it. As much as she is still shaken, she still wants to take care of her girlfriend. She still wants to be there for her.

The blonde simply rolls her eyes and makes a show of gulping down a portion, much of it spilling down her chin. Lena tuts at her girlfriend as she wipes away the mess with her fingers. At least she has someone else to focus her attention on.

"It's meant to go in your mouth, darling. Not down your chin." Just when Lena spots a glint in those blue eyes that surely means a witty retort, she drags her hand down that prominent sternum and slips in the top of her girlfriend's bra. "Hmmm, looks like some made it all the way down here, too."

Kara sputters over her teasing comment she had all prepared at the feel of warm fingers on her chest. "I- You- How do you do that," she groans.

"Do what?" Lena giggles.

"We were just having a very serious moment and you turned it into heavy flirting at the drop of a hat."

"I'm just that talented," Lena shrugs casually. She internally thanks whatever deities exist that they can so effortlessly move back into their norm. "And don't pretend you weren't about to do the same thing. I just beat you to the punch."

Kara's shoulders slump. Her girlfriend is (of course) right. "I was trying to get you to smile..."

Lena hums with a knowing look and a playful smirk. "I'm sure that was your only motivation."

The ravenette shifts herself again to sit between Kara's legs and rest her back against Kara's strong body. She lets out a heavy sigh and focuses on this moment. She wills all her thoughts to be consumed by the gorgeous woman holding her. She closes her eyes and just listens to the breeze and the sounds of the waves hitting the shore. She breathes deep to keep herself grounded.

"I love you," Lena mutteres.

"I love you, too."

*********************************

Down the beach, Sam and Alex sit near the water's edge. Sam rests her head against Alex's shoulder with Alex's head resting on hers. They sit in silence with Sam's fingers digging into her girlfriend's thigh. She is taking shuddering breaths, trying to avoid an outburst. She's eternally grateful that Alex just lets her sit in peace and quiet, providing physical support. She knows that Alex must have a million questions about what just happened.

They sit like this for quite some time. Same realizes that Alex must be so uncomfortable in her jeans. They had only gotten to getting her shirt off when Sam rushed to Lena's side. She lifts her hand and her head.

"Off. Take em off."

Alex is puzzled for a split second before she follows the instruction without question. She sinks back into the sand in her underwear as she lays her pants down next to her. Immediately, Sam clutches back onto her girlfriend for comfort. After a moment of silence, she ensures to quietly thank her.

"Whatever you need, I'm here," Alex reassures before kissing the top of Sam's head.

"You're simply too perfect," Sam mutters. She can feel Alex's face pinch in confusion without even looking.

In a slightly bewildered voice, Alex sarcastically responds, "I'll work on that?"

Sam chuckles before tilting her face up, "Never. Never 'work on that.' I love you just the way you are."

Alex takes a sharp intake of breath. Her jaw drops slightly at the admission. Her eyes flit back and forth, quickly trying to analyze if Sam could really mean what she just said. It's so early since they've established what they are to be tossing around the L-word so casually.

"Babygirl, I meant what I said. I do not have any expectations of you returning the sentiment, but I meant what I said."

Alex swallows thickly as she looks deep into those brown eyes. She sees no deception or uncertainty. All she sees is adoration and confidence. Alex isn't sure she is ready to say it back, so instead, she just leans down and kisses her woman for all she is worth. She tilts her head to let them extend the kiss as she traces Sam's lips with her tongue. When the woman grants entrance, Alex doesn't hesitate to lick her way beyond those pearly whites and caress Sam's tongue.

When they part with a light smack, Sam's eyes flutter open slowly. "Damn. Well if saying 'I love you' gets you to kiss me like that, I'll say it every minute of every day."

Alex smiles stupidly and starts laughing at the ridiculousness that is Sam Arias. She squeezes her tight in her arms as she laughs louder and louder until tears are in her eyes.

"You alright there, Romeo?" Sam asks with a smile. She knows that they just went from one emotionally charged moment into another. She knows she is only delaying an inevitable conversation, but she wants to focus on the positive at the moment. She wants to focus her energy on the amazing woman right next to her. Sam delicately runs her fingers down Alex's face.

"You are something else, Sammy," Alex chuckles out. "I'm okay. Are you?"

Sam knows that it is more than just a simple question. Alex is giving her an opportunity, an opening to talk about everything that just happened. Alex is leaving it up to her. She smiles at her before placing a chaste kiss on her lips. "I'm alright, baby."

Alex wraps Sam back up in her arms as they watch the ocean waves. She holds onto her tightly as she lets the pure joy radiate throughout her body. This woman loves her. This amazing, successful, gorgeous woman loves her, and she is pretty sure she loves her back. She isn't ready to say it, but she is pretty sure about what she is feeling. Alex knows that they will have to talk about her sister and Lena later, but she is more than willing to follow Sam's lead on the topic.

They sit there, leaning together, for who knows how long. Every now and then, Alex has to calmly guide one of Sam's hands back to neutral territory now that she's down to her skivvies. They simply enjoy each other's company and the wondrous weather. When Alex quietly suggests taking a dip to cool off, Sam is quick to urge her to stay on the beach. Sam doesn't want Lena to have to go through another bout of PTSD just because they were getting a little sweaty. Sam again quietly thanks the woman for just accepting her answer rather than fighting her on it. These Danvers sisters are certainly built from a different cut of cloth.

After a while, Sam and Alex see Kara and Lena approaching them, calling them back to get some dinner. Alex calmly helps Sam up on the beach before slipping back into her pants. They walk hand-in-hand back to the other couple. Everything is packed up by the time they return. They just simply have to help carry everything back to the bikes. Sam, Kara, and Lena get dressed again in the parking lot before heading back to the CEO's penthouse.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

15.1K 649 20
I'm not good at description but here we go Lena have been pushing Kara away because she lied to her she's Supergirl.Alex convinces Kara lena needs s...
40 1 1
[Part 1 of the series: "I love you" will still sound the same] "Luthor's Girl moves on?" Lena repeats, glaring at the title in big, bold, black text...
4.8K 136 52
TRIGGER WARNING! THIS STORY HAS A LOT OF TALK OF RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT: If yo don't feel comfortable reading this then by all means skip past this...
3.1K 183 22
Lena was at Catco when she got the news. More precisely, Lena watched as Supergirl was thrown off a building and pummeled in the middle of the street...