Star Wars Family One-Shots

By Ahsoka_Fan12

Previously known as Plo Koon gets to be a Dad (so the first few are about Plo Koon) This is just a ton of one... More

Plo Takes Ahsoka to the Temple
Plo Koon Helps Youngling Ahsoka
Plo Koon Meets the Wolfpack
Plo Koon Makes a Really Big Mistake Part 1
Plo Koon Makes a Really Big Mistake Part 2
Plo Koon Has to Deal With Kids Who Hate Needles
Author's Note
Together
Voting/Swimming
Who You Are
Dirt
The Years to Come
Thunderstorms
Story Time
Ad'ika
Sick
Lack of Guilt
BONUS: The 501st Gets Bloodwork Done
Rescue
The Bombing Case
Before the Bombing
Periods and Chocolate
Stranded
Promises and Guilt
A/N
Yellow to Blue
The Third Year

Concert Band AU

243 4 1
By Ahsoka_Fan12

Okay so I'm finally updating. Sorry for the break. I had lots of writers block. I found it best to write more about my current experiences, which happens to be band. I'm basically projecting in this

Anyways, this is a concert band AU, so it's also a modern AU but I decided to put everyone in band too

Enjoy!

Ahsoka groaned as she opened her instrument case. Her finger ran along the large bell as her eyes moved over all the valves. It was so squiggly. While she loved her instrument, it had a really small mouthpiece and was tiring to play.

"What, thinking of quitting after seven years?" Anakin joked. He played the trumpet. While he did have a big ego, he was also Ahsoka's friend. They'd been friends since they both moved to Coruscant Elementary School in third grade. Now of course, they were in tenth grade. 

"You wish." Ahsoka snorted. "You'd love to have someone who can actually play their instrument play the trumpet."

"At least we have more than two members in our section." Anakin smirked.

"And yet Rex and I hold up the whole band." Ahsoka said half jokingly.

Anakin mumbled something under his breath and left.

Ahsoka smiled as she took the french horn out of its case. She was ignoring her intense feelings of hatred towards it.

She grabbed her rather small mouthpiece and placed it inside her instrument. She grabbed her music folder and walked over to her seat. She was first chair.

"Hey, Rex." She said as she sat down and placed her music on the stand. "Mind moving your instrument to the seat next to yours and standing up? I have to adjust my stand."

Rex nodded. "Yeah. Barriss hasn't gotten her anyway. We can use her seat until then."

Barriss played the bass clarinet. She was the only one, but she was amazing at it. Honestly, Ahsoka wouldn't be surprised if she practiced for five hours every day. The two of them often bonded over band a lot. Specifically because they both had small sections, and they both practiced a lot.

Ahsoka smiled. "Thanks."

Rex stood up and placed his french horn on Barriss' seat. He walked over to outside the rows of seats.

Ahsoka placed her french horn on Rex's seat. She grabbed the top of her stand and placed her foot on top of the bottom of the whole stand. She began to push down. It didn't budge. She tried again, only receiving the same results.

"Stupid music stands." Ahsoka complained. "Rex, can you help me?"

Rex walked up to the stand and began to help push it down. The stand fell as low as it could be.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. She stood up and took her music with her. She dropped her music onto her chair. She picked up the music stand and took it over to the corner. She grabbed a music stand that looked sturdy enough and took it over to her seat. She didn't even have to adjust it.

"Finally." Ahsoka sighed in relief. She put her music back on her stand and grabbed her french horn. She placed it in her lap and moved her legs to let Rex get by.

"I hate music stands." Ahsoka commented.

"I agree." Rex agreed.

"Excuse me." Someone said from the corner of Ahsoka's eye.

Ahsoka looked over to see Barriss. She immediately got out of her seat and let Rex follow. Barriss smiled in gratitude and went to her seat. Unlike Ahsoka, she easily fixed her stand.

"Hello there!" The band director, Mr. Kenobi said.

"Hello there, Mr. Kenobi!" The band welcomed back.

Mr. Kenobi looked at the clock. "Okay so let's start with tuning." He walked over to his computer and turned on the tuning recording.

He nodded to low brass to start tuning. The trombones, tuba, euphonium, and baritones began playing their instruments to the correct note. They sounded pretty in tune. It was nice to hear people playing their instrument right for once.

Mr. Kenobi pointed to the low reeds. All the low woodwinds began playing their instruments too.

"Trumpets." Mr. Kenobi smiled at the trumpet players who dramatically began to tune their instruments. Unlike the low brass, they were very out of tune. Ahsoka cringed slightly.

Ahsoka and Rex glanced at each other. Ahsoka gave him a thumbs up. He gave her a thumbs down. Every band practice, when tuning, they gave each other a thumbs up or thumbs down. It was a bet to see if they would be forgotten about or not. Thumbs up meant they would, but thumbs down meant they wouldn't. It started when they were freshman and Mr. Kenobi had trouble remembering to call them to tune. According to the upperclassmen, he'd always had trouble with it. Unfortunately for them, all the upperclassmen were now graduated, so it was only Ahsoka and Rex making bets. The only prize you got if you were right was bragging rights.

"French horns." Mr. Kenobi said to them. Clearly he saw their little bet. Ahsoka sighed internally. Rex was right.

Ahsoka smiled in her head as she began to play her note. She was perfectly in tune. Rex, however, was not. After adjusting his tuning slide, he sounded in tune too.

While Rex tuned, the rest of the band came in. Force, they sounded good. Maybe Ahsoka was biased, but this was the most in tune they'd ever sounded.

Mr. Kenobi cut them off. "Great job, everyone! Our only announcement is that our spring concert is in three weeks, so be sure to practice a lot! Let's move onto warmups! Take out your major scales."

Ahsoka opened her music folder and grabbed her major scales page.

The band started with the top major scale, and went down the page. Ahsoka only struggled with the Ab major scale, and she only almost messed up a note. That was some really big progress for her considering she almost messed it up instead of actually messing it up. She'd heard more than a few people mess up, too.

"Okay, our opening song, Across the Stars." Mr. Kenobi ordered. He waited a minute or two. Percussion had to get ready.

Mr. Kenobi raised his arms. He began conducting. The beginning was amazing. Their hard work was really paying off. Then the middle came. The trumpets got too loud, low brass got sloppy, and the flutes got slow.

Mr. Kenobi moved his arms in a cutting motion to stop them. "Can anyone tell me what happened?"

Barriss raised her hand. "We slowed down and began to get too tired, so some of us slowed down more."

Mr. Kenobi nodded. "Exactly." He looked at the trumpets. Anakin, in particular. "Trumpets, try to be quieter. You are not the only instrument in band."

Ahsoka resisted laughing when Anakin rolled his eyes.

"Let's try again." Mr. Kenobi decided. "From the beginning." He raised his arms.

The second run of the song went well. The trumpets were a little loud, but it was a big improvement from before.

When the song ended, everyone sat in their seats, perfectly silent. Ahsoka resisted a smile.

Mr. Kenobi smiled. "That was good, everyone! Trumpets, you're still a little loud, but we can work on that. And flutes, you were a little quiet. Try to play a little louder."

Anakin smirked.

The rest of class was pretty much the same: too much trumpet, not enough flute, and playing really well. In the middle of their second song, Imperial March, a clarinet squeaked. It messed everyone up, but Mr. Kenobi didn't stop them. He probably hoped they'd get back together in case it happened at the concert. Force, Ahsoka was excited for the concert. They would start with Across the Stars, then they'd go to Imperial March, and finally, The Force Theme.

After class, Anakin walked up to her. "Hey, Snips."

"Hey, Skyguy." Ahsoka said back.

"Are you excited for the concert?" Anakin asked.

Ahsoka nodded. "Yeah, but you'll have to learn to stop playing so loudly if you want to impress the audience." She joked.

"Hey!" Anakin gasped. "That was uncalled for!"

Ahsoka shrugged. "And yet you don't deny it."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "Do you know which saxophone squeaked in the middle of Imperial March? I've narrowed it down to Cody or Fives."

"Uh, no." Ahsoka sighed. "Because it was a clarinet." It was Dogma. She saw him cringe as soon as the squeak happened, but everyone else flinched a second later.

"Well how was I supposed to know?" Anakin said defensively in a joking manner.

"By paying attention." Ahsoka said as she chuckled a little.

Anakin snorted. "As if I'd do that."

Ahsoka laughed. "I need to get to class." She picked up her backpack and placed it on her back. She walked away to her next class. Maybe she'd practice her instrument after school.

I think all of this has actually happened in my band. There might be one or two things that haven't happened 

Yeah so I play the french horn so I made Ahsoka play it too

I might make a part 2 cuz I had fun writing this. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. Maybe because as a french horn player I want to see more french horn stuff 

This is all my own work, the only things I don't own are the characters. I will ask you to not steal/edit this so uh, yeah

I hope this makes you guys happy for a while

Have a good day/night or time on an alien planet 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 75 22
(I Don't OWN Star Wars or Akame Ga Kill) Clone Wars crossover with Akame Ga Kill, THIS IS MY SECOND TIME WRITING THIS(So hopefully this turn out bett...
13.2K 293 20
Just a bunch of bad batch one shots cause I love them to bits. After reading so many I decided that I wanted to tackle writing some. So get ready for...
5.6K 70 18
Just a few one-shots in the Clone Wars that I write when I'm bored. Mostly about Ahsoka. A few of them are Kaesoka (Kaeden x Ahsoka) because sometime...
45.2K 851 26
Here are a few one shots about the ghost crew. Hope you like it. Includes many pranks, family fluff, dark stories and even karaoke. So enjoy readin...