Marriage and other threads

By Goerks97

This story is a vampire/ werewolf au. Where reader is a werewolf and has arranged marriage with a vampire. Th... More

Prolog
The meeting
Hurt Feelings
A short conversation
The wedding
A new beginning
The grand tour
Mondays
Friends
A dinner with Werewolfs
Full moon
A meeting with the alpha
Tired
A strange feeling
Vampires and Werewolfs
A unexpected turn
The plan
No risk no fun
Home
Time to heal
Time to heal part two
The library
Old memorys
Sadness and cuddles
The door
Hanging out with friends
The fight
A sad story
Back to normal
Sweet gestures
Another plan?
The barn
Treason and bloody hands
I love you
The ex-girlfriend
A new case
A proposal
First practice
The silver book
Doppelgänger
A moment of doubt
The need to talk
The deepest trust
The gift
A nice dinner
Overthinking
In the library part one
In the library part two
Bad news
Distraction
Nightmares or Visions?
Hard decisions
You are never a bother
The date
We need answers
Fear and guilt
Leave her?
The search
Hopeless
Sick
Hard times
Seperation
Brainstorming
Stress and fear
The white room
Hands
On the inside
A light in the dark
Reunited
The cathedral
Sunlight
Grief
What's next?
Hurt and comfort
Spirits
A promise
Poisoned
Hopeless
Look inside my heart
The Queen
Save you
Take me back
Back to life

The sweet sound

203 17 38
By Goerks97

Y/n's pov:

You slowly walked to your mother's side. Her face looked pale and you could see her cheekbones.

"She lost so much weight." You thought sadly and tried to remember how she looked before the sickness.

The sight made your heartache. Tears rolled down your face, as you sat down on the chair next to her. Dami placed herself behind you and laid her hand on your shoulder. You were glad that she was here to support you.

"Hey, mom." You said in a weak tone.

Your mom slowly opened her eyes. The friendly spark was still glowing in them like it always had.

"Y/n. I'm glad you came to say goodbye." Your mother said and gave you a weak smile.

Her voice was just above a whisper, but thanks to your wolf senses you could hear her perfectly.

"Me too." You replied and took her hand.

"I see that your wife came as well." Your mother chuckled.

"Hi, Mrs. Y/l/n," Dami said shyly.

"It's good to see you. I'm glad to spend my last moments with family." Your mother replied and looked directly at your wife.

It made you happy that your mother considered Dami as family, but the fact that you were sitting next to your dying mother dragged your mood down.

"Last moments." You repeated her words. "I don't want you to go." You sniffed.

"I know. My beautiful daughter. You need to let me go. My time will soon be over." Your mother pointed out.

Her voice was cracky and you knew it took her a lot of strength to talk. You couldn't look longer at her and turned your face away. Dami squeezed your shoulder lightly to let you know that she was here for you. 

"Your father told me that you will be the next Alpha. I couldn't be more proud." Your mother whispered.

Your head snapped back and you looked her deep in the eyes while big tears rolled down your face.

"I'm n-not ready for s-such a huge res-responsibility. I-I don't k-know how to do that without you." You admitted.

"I will always watch over you from the afterlife, plus you are not alone. You have your wife your father and your friends and I assume your grandfather would love to help you with your new responsibility." Your mother gave you a comforting smile.

"She is right. You are not alone." Dami whispered in your ear and kissed your cheek after it.

"Listen to your wife. She is really smart." Your mother chuckled.

You nodded and smiled a little.

"I will always remember the day when we went to the park for the first time. You were still so little. You should have seen her Yubin, she was so cute in her little dress." Your mother smiled.

"I bet she was an adorable child." Dami agreed.

"I don't remember that day." You said sadly.

"You were only two years old. She had just learned how to walk and it was so adorable how she stumbled around the flower fields." Your mother explained.

"I can imagine how she did that." Dami chuckled.

You turned red and pouted.

"We have really good memories together." You smiled at your mother. "The park we have always been to and the piano lessons you gave me. I still remember how you gave me a death glare whenever I messed up." You said.

"I had to do that otherwise you wouldn't have learned." Your mother replied.

You started to laugh and your mother joined. After a few moments, she started to cough badly. It seemed that it didn't want to stop.

"Are you okay?" You asked concerned.

The coughing stopped and your mother nodded.

"I will get you a glass of water." Your wife offered.

"Thank you, my dear." Your mother replied.

Dami left the room and you were alone with your mother.

"It is a lot worse than I thought." You said and leaned forward to tuck a strain of hair behind your mother's ear.

The older woman nodded.

"I think I will be gone by the end of the day." She explained. "Promise me that you will watch over your father. He pretends that he is okay, but I know him. It will break him." She added in a weak tone.

"I promise." You immediately replied.

"And promise me that you will accept the Alpha title as soon as possible. I know it is hard for you. Your anxiety will tell you that you are not strong enough for such a task, but I know that you are strong enough. You are so smart but I can see the doubt in your eyes." Your mother said.

"I feel like I'm drowning because of all the things I have to do and all the people that depend on me. I don't want to let them down." You explained.

"I know. You always have been like that. You will do the right thing." Your mother replied and closed her eyes.

You heard Dami enter the room again.

"I'm scared." You whispered.

"You don't have to be scared." Your mother replied.

"I got your water," Dami said and helped your mother sit up a little.

She held her body up and helped her drink a few sips.

"Thanky my dear." Your mother said after Dami laid her down again.

"It was a pleasure," Dami replied kindly and placed the glass on the tiny table next to the couch.

Your wife positioned herself behind you again and rubbed your arm lightly.

"You have no idea how scared I am." You whispered.

"You will not be alone. I will always be with you." Your mother replied.

"I know, but still. It will be a huge step for me." You pointed out and grabbed the hand of your wife.

It was still running up and down your upper arm to comfort you. You squeezed Dami's hand. The familiar cold skin managed to calm you down a little.

Dami's pov:

She could feel how nervous and scared Y/n was. It was hard for Dami to not start to cry. She could feel all the emotions of her wife like they were her own.

"Dami will be here. She will be with me when you are no longer with us. She will help me. I don't need to be scared." Dami heard her wife's voice in her head loud and clear.

"I will always be at your side," Dami whispered into Y/n's ear.

"I know." Y/n whispered back.

Dami placed a quick peck on Y/n's cheek.

"You are such a lovely couple. I'm glad we agreed on this marriage. At first, I had my doubts, but in the end, two soulmates found each other." Y/n's mother suddenly said.

"It was fate," Y/n said. 

"I'm happy that you found love Y/n. You deserve it. You deserve such a great woman at your side. Don't you ever think that you are not good enough for her." Y/n's mother replied.

"We kinda already talked about Y/n's doubts and I made clear that I don't want someone else. She is the only one for me. I will love her till I die." Dami pointed out.

Y/n's body tensed for a moment. 

"The way I love you." Y/n thought and again only Dami could hear her words.

"I think my body will give up soon." Y/n's mother said and closed her eyes.

"Don't say that. You are still with us." Y/n disagreed.

"Can you do my one last favor, Y/n?" Y/n's mother asked.

"Anything you want." Dami's wife replied and kissed the back of her mother's hand.

"Actually, there are two favors. Be good to your wife, she loves you more than you know." Y/n's mother's voice was about to give up.

"I promise. I will always give my best. With the Alpha thing and with my marriage." Y/n promised as silent tears rolled down her face.

Dami couldn't hold her emotions back and started to cry as well.

"Is this the end?" She asked herself and looked sadly at Y/n's mother.

"Good. My second favor is, can you play the piano for me one last time? I want to hear you play and if it is  just for a few seconds." Y/n's mother said weakly.

The room went silent and Y/n seemed to hesitate.

"Okay," Y/n whispered.

Dami was surprised that her wife agreed to it. Y/n stood up.

"Will you stay at her side for me?" Y/n asked and pointed at the chair.

Dami nodded and let go of her wife's hand. Y/n slowly walked over to the piano, as Dami sat down and took the other woman's hand.

"Listen carefully, Yubin. Y/n doesn't often play, especially when someone listens." The sick woman said.

"Is that the reason why she didn't play for me when I asked her to?" Dami wanted to know, as she watched Y/n letting her fingers glide over the black wood.

"She is a really shy person and a lot of things scare her. Her anxiety made her like that, but since you are around she opens up a lot more. She tries to overcome her fears. It's hard for her, but she tries." Y/n's mother whispered so only Dami could hear her.

"I will do my best to help her," Dami promised.

Meanwhile, Y/n sat down and pressed a few keys.

"What do you want to hear?" She asked and looked back at her mother.

"Anything will be fine." The older Werewolf replied.

"Okay." Y/n smiled and turned to the piano again.

She made herself ready.

( I highly recommend you listen to a piece called 'Rolling like a ball' by Ludovico Einaudi for the next part)

"I wonder what she will play." Dami thought and moved a little bit closer to Y/n's mom.

Y/n started to play and the room filled with the sweet sound of the piano. It was a bittersweet melody. It sounded sad and reflected Y/n's emotions perfectly.

"She is really good," Dami whispered.

She looked lovingly at her wife, while Y/n let her fingers dance over the keys.

"I missed her play." Y/n's mother whispered.

Dami turned her attention to the older woman and saw a single tear roll down her face.

"I't been a long time since she last played for me." Y/n's mother said.

"It's beautiful." Dami agreed.

"Please, make her play more. It will help her overcome my death. She will need distraction." Y/n's mother pleaded.

"I will and if I have to force her." Dami joked.

Y/n's mother gave her a weak smile. Y/n was still playing, when her father came in. Dami made space, so he could sit down next to his wife. She placed herself a little away from them and watched her wife.

"I don't know how she will make it through this." Dami thought sadly.

"My end is near my darling." Y/n's mother said.

"I know. I felt it." Her husband replied.

"Farewell, my love. I will see you in the afterlife." Y/n's mother said.

"Forgive me, but I think you have to wait a little. I need to stay here a little longer and protect our daughter." Y/n's father replied.

"I will wait for you." His wife replied and closed her eyes one last time.

"This is the saddest thing I ever seen." Dami thought as Y/n finished the song.

"Did you like it, Mom?" She asked as she turned around with a smile.

Her smile dropped when she saw the scenery.

"Mom?" She said and stood up.

Y/n ran over to her dead mother and kneeled next to her.

"No." Dami's wife whispered.

The Vampire girl thought it was best to not interfere and leave them some space. Y/n leaned on her mother's shoulder and cried hard. After a few minutes, she looked up for Dami. The Vampire girl immediately understood what Y/n wanted and closed the distance between them. She also kneeled and hugged Y/n.

"It's okay. She is in a better place now, without pain. Nothing can hurt her now." Dami whispered in Y/n's ear, while the Werewolf girl cried her feelings out.

"Do you see the smile on her face? She is in peace. The last thing she heard was your beautiful play and that made her happy." Dami said and softly let her fingers glide over Y/n's nape.

That always made the other girl calm down. Y/n tightened her grip and pulled Dami closer.

"S-she is at a b-better place n-now." Y/n sniffed.

Later:

Y/n's pov:

You stood in the backyard of your parent's house and breathed in the clear night air. The day was almost over and you needed to clear your mind. Your mother's loss left a void in your heart. Your father had called the undertaker and accompanied his wife on her last trip. Your mother's will was to be cremated and her ash to be scattered in the backyard. Dami had offered her help with your mother's ash, but you wanted to do it alone. Half an hour ago your father came back with your mother's ashes. It was in a wooden urn and it was your job now to scatter it.

"I didn't think this would be so hard." You said to the urn.

You knew your mother couldn't hear you, but you needed to talk to her.

"You know, Dami was so supportive. She was holding me so tight that I thought my ribs would get crushed. I'm glad that you decided to marry me off to her." You spoke out your thoughts and walked to your mother's favorite flowers.

"She is the best thing that happened in my life and I didn't even choose to marry her. I won't lie. I hated her at first, but somehow she managed to creep into my heart." You continued.

You opened the urn and looked at your mother's ash.

"How can a whole person fit in this small urn?" You asked yourself.

"She is so thoughtful. She even offered to scatter you around the yard, so I would not break down again. I couldn't let her do it. I wanted to be the one to do it." You explained. "Who am I even talking to? You are gone and never come back, but I want you to know that I love you and I miss you. I will miss all the times you called me honey. I will miss the times when you placed a flower crown on my head. How you always supported me." You whispered and started to scatter the ash on the ground next to the plants.

You thought that your mother would like it. It took you a whole hour to empty the urn. Your mother was now scattered all over the backyard. It almost felt like she was really there. You left a little bit of her ash in the urn, so you could place it on the piano in the music room. You had cried the whole time and told your mother everything you wanted to say. Dami waited for you at the door and immediately took you in a warm hug. You wrapped one arm around her and rested your head on her shoulder. With the other hand, you held your mother's ashes.

"I will take this to the music room. I think she would love to be there as well." You whispered.

"That is a good idea." Dami agreed.

She pulled back and looked you in the eyes.

Dami's pov:

She could see the grief in her wife's eyes.

"She had a hard day." Dami thought and caressed her wife's cheek.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked softly.

Y/n nodded.

"Where is my father?" She asked.

"In the living room. I decided to give him some space. He reminded me of you when you are upset. You both need space to figure out your feelings." Dami explained.

"I see," Y/n replied and took Dami's hand.

"I might need space when I'm upset, but tonight I need you more than ever," Y/n admitted with tears in her eyes.

"I will not leave your side," Dami assured her.

"I will talk to my father realy quick," Y/n said and let go of Dami's hand.

"I wish I could help you more." Dami thought with a heavy heart.

"You are already helping me enough." Y/n interrupted her thoughts.

Her gaze was fixed on the ground. 

"I think it's not enough. I want the pain in your heart to go away. I know it will take time." Dami said.

She knew that Y/n had heard her previous thoughts.

Later:

Dami's pov:

Y/n was currently changing clothes, as Dami watched her. She sat on Y/n childhood bed and waited for Y/n to be ready to go to bed. Y/n's father had asked them to stay over for the night.  He agreed with Y/n's idea to place the rest of his wife's ash on the piano. He even placed a vase next to it with her favorite flowers. He wanted to be alone with his wife so Y/n and Dami left.

It was pretty late and Dami was glad they could stay. She couldn't drive right now and so could Y/n. The Werewolf girl was exhausted. 

"No wonder. She didn't sleep last night because of the Alpha thing and today was just exhausting." Dami thought as Y/n slipped under the covers.

Y/n's pov:

An hour ago you were just like in a trance. You were not able to feel the pain and now it was crashing down on you. 

"I never thought this would hurt so much. I don't want to imagine how it would feel like If I ever lose you." You whispered and turned on your side to face your wife.

"I'm so sorry, baby," Dami replied and hugged Y/n. "You don't have to imagine anything. You will never lose me." She added and stroked over Y/n's hair softly.

"Thank you for being here," Y/n whispered.

"No need to thank me and now sleep. You need to rest." The Vampire girl replied.

"I love you," Y/n said and snuggled closer.

Her voice was weak and she was probably crying again. Dami knew she was hurt and didn't know how to deal with this situation. All she could do was give Y/n a little bit of comfort, as she let her hand caress Y/n's back. After a while Y/n's sniffs got quiet and the Werewolf girl relaxed. Dami then caressed her nape softly with her fingertips.

"I'm here for you," Dami whispered. "Forever." She added in her mind.

The next day:

Handong's pov:

It was really early when she opened her eyes. Handong tried to get up, but something held her back. The Werewolf noticed the arm around her waist and the face that was so close to her own. Gahyeon's breath brushed over her cheek.

"Oh shit." The blonde girl panicked.

Handong remembered that they watched a movie yesterday. It was pretty late and Gahyeon had asked Handong to stay. After some hesitation, the Werewolf girl had agreed. Handong was so happy that she was allowed to stay, but she never thought that Gayheon would cuddle with her. Not that she would complain. It was a great feeling to have her around.

"She is so adorable." Handong thought and caressed the other girl's cheek.

Gahyeon started to move and opened her eyes. It took her a moment to realize what she was doing.

"Oh my god, I'm so s-sorry." Gahyeon stuttered.

She tried to move away, but Handong stopped her.

"No worries. You did nothing wrong." Handong said in a calm tone.

The blonde girl wrapped her arm around Gahyeon and pulled her closer. Gahyeon blushed hard but didn't move away.

"Handong?" The Vampire girl asked.

"Yes, my dear," Handong replied.

"This might be strange, but I want to tell you that I really enjoy the time we spend together," Gahyeon said and hid her face in Handong's shirt.

"She is probably blushing hard right now." Handong thought.

"Me too." The Werewolf girl replied.

"There is something else I want to tell you-" Gahyeon started, but the ringing of Handong's phone interrupted her.

"Sorry dear, I need to get that. It's the Alpha." Handong excused her and pulled away from the hug.

She stood up and grabbed her phone.

Gahyeon's pov:

"Great. I was just about to tell her how I feel, but of course, something interrupts." Gahyeon thought.

It was not a secret that Gahyeon admired the other girl, but Handong was too oblivious to see it.

"Or maybe she doesn't want to see it. Maybe she just wants to be friends." Gahyeon thought as Handong left the room with her phone pressed to her ear.

Shortly after Gahyeon stood up and changed clothes. After some moments Handong came back but something had changed. The Werewolf girl looked derailed as she took off the shirt Gahyeon had lent her last night.

"Wow," Gahyeon whispered, as she absorbed every detail of Handong's upper body.

The Werewolf girl looked confused and noticed that she didn't wear a bra. She turned around quickly to hide her body and blushed hard. Gahyeon couldn't she her red cheeks, otherwise she would have teased the other girl about it.

"I'm sorry. I will leave." Gahyeon apologized, while Handong was putting on her bra.

The Vampire girl was about to leave the room when something strong grabbed her arm.

"No, I'm sorry. I just got some bad news and was derailed." Handong said in a quiet voice. "Please don't leave. You wanted to tell me something and the phone call interrupted you." 

"She doesn't want me to leave?" Gahyeon was confused but turned around.

Handong was still not wearing a shirt and Gahyeon could see her perfect abs. It took her a moment to finally look away from them.

"What is it you wanted to tell me?" Handong asked softly.

It was rare that Handong used that tone, but Gahyeon noticed that she used it often when they were alone. Gahyeon couldn't think about how to tell the other girl about her feelings, so she took all her courage together and did the next best thing to make it clear. She grabbed Handong's waist and pulled her closer. Their lips met for a short moment and then Gahyeon pulled back.

"I hope she feels the same." Gahyeon thought, as the heat raised up to her cheeks.

The girls were still close to each other and Gahyeon could feel the warmth of Handong's body. The Werewolf girl stood silent for a moment, but then she cupped Gahyeon's face with both hands and kissed her again. Their lips moved in sync, as Gahyeon let her fingers caress the soft skin on Handong's abs.

"Is this really happening? Am I dreaming?" Gahyeon thought.

Handong's lips felt so soft on her own that she thought it was a dream. After a while Handong pulled back and rested her forehead against Gahyeon's. Her eyes were closed, as her breathing slowly calmed down.

"I like you too, Gahyeon." The Werewolf girl whispered.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Gahyeon asked shyly.

"I would love to." Handong smiled and pulled back.

Her hands still cupped Gahyeon's face, as her eyes slowly opened. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment and Gahyeon could see the warmth in Handong's brown orbs. Usually, Handong had a cold stare, but not for Gahyeon. Her eyes lit up in a warm glow and it made Gahyeon feel butterflies in her belly.

"You need to go." Gahyeon pointed out.

She hated to let Handong go right now, but the other girl needed to go to work and so did Gahyeon.

"Would you like to go out on a date with your girlfriend tonight?" Handong asked.

"Of course." Gahyeon immediately replied.

"Good. I will pick you up at seven." Handong smiled.

"You should smile more. You look so beautiful when you do." Gahyeon pointed out and kissed her girlfriend's cheek.

"Only for you." The Werewolf girl chuckled and let go of Gahyeon.

"I see you at seven." Gahyeon smiled and left.

She couldn't believe what just happened and smiled like a fool.

"We are dating." The Vampire girl thought happily and took her coat fom the hook.

This day already started perfectly not even the sunshine could drag her mood down.

(Little Vampire joke here :-)

Meanwhile:

Y/n's pov:

You were barely able to sleep and when the alarm got off you immediately woke up. 

"Fuck." You groaned and took Dami's arm away from you.

Dami was already awake and looked at you with a soft smile, as you turned off the alarm.

"Good morning." She said.

"Nothing is good about this morning." You thought.

"Good morning." You said instead and smiled at your wife.

You were barely able to do so. The grief was still deep in your heart. Dami sat up and leaned over you. She put her forearm next to your head and bends down. Her lips graced over yours for a brief moment. 

"She must feel the pain in my heart." You thought and reached out for her face.

Your fingers brushed over her cold skin.

"You don't have to go to work. I think your father will understand." Your wife said and kissed you again.

"I need the distraction." You admitted.

"I will not stop you if you really want to go," Dami replied as she gave you a sweet smile.

"But It would not hurt if you stay and cuddle with me for five more minutes." She said.

You said nothing just pulled her down and laid her head on your chest.

"Make it ten." You whispered.

You held her tight and closed your eyes again. After a while, you thought it was time for you to finally go.

"Baby?" You asked.

"Yes, my puppy," Dami mumbled.

"Before I go I need to tell you something." You said.

Dami moved, so she could look down at you again. Her Hand brushed through your hair.

"What is it, my beautiful baby?" Dami said.

"I think I was able to read your mind yesterday." You replied.

"I know you did." Dami smiled.

"It was so strange. Your voice was in my head." You admitted.

"Yeah, it is strange." Dami agreed. "But I think it is nice. I know that you are not good with words, especially when you are sad or angry, but being able to read your mind helped me to understand how you feel." Dami explained.

"It must be hard for you to understand me before you were able to read my mind." You whispered as Dami let her fingers play with a strain of your hair.

"It was, but with time I understood that you need time. Sometimes you even need to be left alone for a while. You deal with your feelings in a different way than I do and I will do my best to always understand what is going on inside of your head and heart." Dami promised.

"Thank you, baby. You are the best." You said and sat up a little to kiss her.

Dami pulled you up with her, so you both were in a sitting position. You made out with her for a while and after some time she pushed you back softly.

"You need to go." She pointed out.

You let out a groan and pulled back. After you got out of bed you quickly changed clothes and checked your look in the mirror. It was not your usual work outfit,  but you thought black pants and a black T-shirt would mirror your grief perfectly. The make-out session had pulled you out of your thoughts, but they were back now.

"Suddenly the world seems to be a little darker." You mumbled.

"Will your father go to the office too?" Dami suddenly asked.

"I don't think so. It will probably take some time for him to deal with the loss of my mother." You replied.

"How about you? How do you feel?" Dami asked and stood up.

She walked over to you and hugged you tightly.

"As I said, I need some distraction and someone has to lead the office." You replied.

"You know for someone scared to lead, you take on the leader position of your company really quickly." Dami chuckled.

"That is not the same. Leading the packs and leading just a company are two different worlds." You pointed out.

"I'm still proud of you that you will take your father's place as long as he is not able to." Your wife whispered in your ear.

You chuckled and pulled back.

"You can have my car for the day. I will use my wolf form to get to work." You explained.

Dami nodded and pecked your lips before you left the room. Her words were still in your mind.

"She is proud of me? Why? I'm just a Werewolf that is still in grief because of their mother's death." You thought as you transformed into the white wolf.

If wolves could cry, you would be a sobbing mess right now, but thankfully that was not the case.

"I need to be strong today. Not for me. For my father and my panda girl." You thought as you ran through the streets. 

You used the shadow paths, so the humans would not witness anything. It was a long time since you used them and the dark allys reminded you of the days when you and Sua snuck out on a Friday night to do what teenagers did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 11.8K 45
AU where Yoongi, a vampire, falls in love with a human, Park Jimin, who just so happens to be terrified of vampires. (Angst warning) THIS BOOK IS FI...
29.9K 1.4K 23
A story about two girls with completely different stories but with one wish - to be loved. What will happen when they'll meet? Will it be an easy lov...
2.4K 136 21
Yoohyeon only wanted 3 things in life: power, money, and love. She had no idea what would happen when she decided to act on her thoughts. ~ Y/N was a...
273K 17.3K 196
Vampires versus hunters. That's the classic thing. Coexistence between these two would be deemed impossible. But what if they had a common goal? What...