Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(15) First Day
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(20) Finally!

6.3K 392 305
By _crazy_hooman_

Leah's POV:

I was statue.

I didn't move or say anything. I couldn't. I mean what would I say?

If he's flipping off for my lie about not working in a cafe then imagine what will he do about a mafia?

I can't tell him that. But I don't want to lie. Last lie I said hasn't really been a fun sport to do.

"Well?", Dad asked crossing his arms.

I stayed quiet. I looked down not knowing what to do.

I can't lie. I can't be honest

"Leah please say something. Where do you work?", Grace asked softly.

I looked at and silently pleaded her to save me this time like all other times. But she just stared at me.

"Wow. Even after all this you're still going to hide things? Unbelievable", Dad waved his hand in the air to show his frustration.

"Dad I help Lan and Owen in their job and I get paid for that", I said immediately.

Dad stared at me with no expression.

I mean I didn't lie or say the entire truth I guess.

"I don't believe you", Dad shrugged.

That hurt.

"Dad", Grace whispered sadly.

"No I'm serious I don't. Why would she have to lie to me if she was working with her friends? I don't trust anything you'll say to me now Leah", Dad shakes his head with a sad smile.

Another tear left my eye. Grace's eyes closed sadly.

"I never thought I'll say this. But here we go. I need proof Leah. Get me some proof if you want me to believe you", Dad said sternly.

I sighed wiping my tears away. I look down.

"God nowadays I need proof for everything. I thought we couldn't trust strangers and outsiders. But here we go", Dad scoffs.

He never and mean never behaves like this.

Without another word he leaves. I stare at him longingly.

I wish I had hugged him the moment I entered the house like every day.

I look at Grace and she stared at me for a while then walked away to her room without another word.

She won't say, but I know she's also upset with me.

What do I do now?
________________________________

Rowan's POV:

"Tomorrow 9 in the morning", I said seriously.

"Done", Massimo replied.

I looked at Theodore and Owen and they smirked back.

We were in my office and I was on the phone with Massimo Armani. The call was on speaker for Theo and Owen.

We had finalised a place and time for the trade. I called him to inform about this.

"No weapons, no drama nothing Massimo. It's going to a simple trade that's it. I take my family, you take your daughter", I spoke coldly.

We were trying to be as civil as we could as lives were on stake.

"You should remember that Rowan. I'm arriving in your territory if you try anything it's won't end well", Massimo said seriously.

Owen's jaw clenched. Theo sent a hard stare to the phone.

"Unless and until you try anything I won't", I merely said.

As much as I would want to end him when I see him I can't take chances.

"I hope my daughter is all okay when I see her tomorrow", Massimo warns.

"You can see that tomorrow", I said rolling my eyes.

I ended the call after that.

"So finally it's done", Theo smiled.

"Yes. The day has come", I said softly.

I am anxious and excited.

Excited because I'm going to see the rest of my family soon. Anxious as I was hoping everything goes well.

"I'll make the arrangements. Also, inform Emmett about this so that he can speak to Finn about the security details", Theo said to Owen.

He nods back in understanding.

"I want Sam and his team to be there tomorrow with us. I don't think Massimo will try anything and risk his daughter's life, but I don't trust that man. So we need to be cautious", Theo said seriously.

"Sure. We'll be prepared", Owen nods.

Theo nods thankfully and Owen takes his leave to get to work.

Theo sighed and smiled when his eyes met mine.

"I can't wait", He said.

"Me neither", I smiled.

When will tomorrow come!
_______________________________

Massimo's POV:

I ended the call with Rowan and sighed heavily.

"So? They agree to a place finally?", Luca asked with anticipation.

"They did. The trade's happening tomorrow in America", I said with a look.

Luca cussed loudly.

"I know", I sighed.

"Why America? You could have tried to meet somewhere else. You know we can do close to nothing to them now in that place after losing jurisdiction", Luca complained.

"I know that son. Of course I wanted to meet somewhere else myself. But they wouldn't budge and I care about getting back Nicole only right now", I said seriously.

Luca sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Go ahead and make arrangements for us to leave. Coordinate with Blaze and Kyle", I said standing up and straightening my suit.

"Okay, but where are you going?", Luca asked curiously.

"Gotta line up the prisoners", I said bitterly.

Man I never thought one day I'll be the one yo voluntarily let them go like that.

"You don't have to go Dad. I'll do it or ask someone else to go", Luca frowned a bit.

"No it's fine Luca. I don't want to let them think that my ego's bruised so hard that I can't even face them", I said feeling annoyed already.

Luca sighed, but obviously not liking the fact that I'm going.

I pat his shoulder on my way out of my office. I go straight to the cellar.

The guards bow down in front of me and I ask them to open the last cellar door.

They do as they're told and I walk inside with no expression on my face, something every Don does.

Sebastian looks at me and groans loudly. James glared. Brody rolled his eyes. Charlie sighed in annoyance. Weston didn't spare me a glance.

Interesting family..

"So congratulations you piece of shits are getting a chance at mercy", I said with a clap of my hand.

They all looked at me with a frown. Weston this time turns only to stare at me.

"Get ready in an hour we're taking you home", I said with a stoic face.

With that I didn't wait for anything and turned to leave.

"What are you talking about Massimo? Drunk again?", Sebastian scoffs.

I smile shaking my head. I wish.

I don't turn to look at them instead just speak.

"I think I was clear when I said in an hour you're going home. Your home if that helps. So I suggest make all your good byes to the walls and dirt in this cell", I said.

There was pin drop silence after I finished.

Yup ain't this Christmas for them.

I took another step out when I got interrupted again.

"This another one of your stupid time passes?", Sebastian spoke in the most serious tone.

I turn my face to look at only him. He was no more the funny sarcastic or angry hulk person.

"Get. Ready. Your dear brother's going to pick you up Sebastian", I grit my teeth.

I saw the surprise. The real surprise on not just his face. His sons where caught off guard too.

I roll my eyes and walk out of the cells.

I'll deal with them when I get the chance.
________________________________

Sebastian POV:

Am I dreaming again?

I saw Massimo walk out clearly in a bad mood.

So probably not a dream. Because he's always in a bad mood.

I look at my sons. They all where staring at me in shock.

"Okay what just happened?", Brody frowned in surprise.

"So I'm not the only one who heard that?", James's jaw reached the floor.

It took a second for me to accept the fact that Rowan had done it.

He did it. He actually did it.

"We're going home", Charlie whispered softly.

"I heard that part", Jamie nods frantically.

I look at Weston and he smiled when our eyes met.

"Uncle", Wes merely said with happiness.

I grinned wide. My sons smile slowly looking at Wes.

"Holy shit", Charlie whispered with a smile.

"We're really leaving this place", James said emotionally.

"Oh don't tell me you're attached to this cell", Brody rolled his eyes.

It didn't take Jamie less than a second to slap him on his back.

"Of course not genius", James frowned.

Brody chuckled.

"But seriously? Surely this man was not kidding right? Like what if he tells us this and then takes us away somewhere to kill us in cold blood?", James wondered.

Okay how? How is he my son?

"Sometimes you act like an idiot. Dad really?", Charlie looked at me in disbelief pointing at Jamie.

"That's all your mother's genes okay. Not me", I scoffed.

Everyone chuckled.

"Well to answer your question. That nasty look on Massimo's face tells me he's telling the truth", Wes said seriously.

"Hmm yeah. He won't joke about this. He ain't got the time", Brody shrugged.

True.

"God I'm relieved and happy", I sighed happily.

My sons smiled and nodded.

"A prisoner is happy? That to a Kingston? Damn that's a first", I heard a voice.

The door opened and Kit walked in alone this time without any food.

"Hey Kit", I smiled.

"Hey. Heard from a friend here that you're been released?", Kit asked with a small smile.

"You heard right", Charlie smiled.

"Wow. I must say Sebastian. I never thought I'll see you leave this cell alive", Kit said without any filter.

This man is something else.

"But don't tell anyone that I'm happy for you", Kit whispered.

I show him a thumbs up grinning.

"But you were bound to leave. Your brother is a very stubborn and persistent person. He did something no one else could", Kit snorted.

"Yeah?", I asked curiously.

Now atleast someone tell me what did Rowan do.

"Oh you don't know? Wait. Silly me! How will you! You get all information from me!", Kit face palmed himself.

My sons look at him with amusement.

"So yeah. I heard the current Don of the American mafia which I later came to know is someone named Theodore managed to kidnap our Don's daughter", Kit replied.

That information caught me off guard.

Every one of us was shocked.

"Yeah. I heard that your brother is asking for you all in return for Nicole Armani. Smart really", Kit appreciated.

Okay...damn.

I looked at my sons with an open mouth.

Brody was smirking. Charlie had a surprised smile. Jamie grinned. Wes still in shock.

"Not just that. You Don's men managed to kidnap our mafia princess here in Italy. That's got to be a record", Kit shrugged.

Okay does he surely work for Italian mafia?

My god. Rowan and his sons have officially gone to crazy lengths for us.

"Holy shit", I managed to whisper.

Now that's why Massimo is in a bad mood. He wants his daughter and he had no choice to but let us go.

"Thanks for letting us know Kit", Weston said.

Kit smiled and nodded in return and then faced me.

"Well I should go now. Got tons to do. See you never I guess?", Kit smirked.

I chuckled.

"See you never", I smile nodding.

He waved at us all and left the cell.

"I'll miss him", Jamie said to Brody.

Brody smiled nodding.

"Did you hear that boys? Your Uncle and Theodore are officially hitting the crazy point", I smirked.

"Oh yeah! What they did was so cool!", Brody grinned.

Cool?..okay I'll take that.

"It was a master stroke. They took a huge risk by coming here. I'm impressed", Char smiled.

I nodded in agreement.

"Well I didn't expect any less from Theo", Wes smirked.

Everyone chuckled.

Half hour passed away as we waited to leave this cell.

Then finally the cell door clanged open and in walked one of the guys from before who I know are close to Massimo.

Blaze was it?

"Come on. Time to go", He said with a stoic face.

My sons were busy glaring at him for ordering them.

"You heard the man chop chop!", I clap my hand.

My sons immediately snapped out and stood up in a comedic way.

I may be wrong, but I think I saw a ghost of a smile on Blaze's face when my sons got up.

We were escorted out and let me tell you the joy of knowing that this is the last time we'll be walking down this path was something else.

As we reached outside. I saw many and I mean many Italian mafia's men outside. In the front were Massimo and his son Luca.

I smirked seeing them. Their faces remained expressionless though.

"Get in", Blaze told us.

I turn to look at huge mafia base for the last time.

Ten years. After ten years we're leaving this hell hole.

My sons one by one got in and Wes put a hand on my shoulder and I nodded without looking away from the building.

I heard a throat clear and I look at a man next to Blaze who I've also seen before.

He had a soft look on his face and he and Blaze gestured me to get in the car. And I do so.

Their mafia's men and Don get into their cars and soon we've hit the road.

Before I knew it the hell hole I spent a decade in along with my boys was long left behind.

Lets go home.
________________________________

The Next day

Leah's POV:

I'm pacing in my room like crazy right now.

I have to go to the base. Theodore wanted Sam and his entire team to be there when we meet with the Italians.

But how will I leave the house without telling Dad?!

Why can't I apparate or teleport?!

He surely will question a hundred things when I tell him I'm going to work.

Wait..what if he tells he'll join me?

Oh man.

I bit my lip nervously as I think of a way to leave. I look at the time and fuck I was late.

I have to be there!!

Oh god oh god oh god.

I look at my window and a bulb lit in my brain.

The classic sneak out?

But when he finds out he'll be more angry.

"Well..he can't get more angry. Can he?", I mutter to myself.

I sighed heavily. Okay I should go. I'll deal with whatever happens.

I grab my bag and walk down the stairs. I pass the living room and saw Dad reading his morning newspaper like every other day.

I look at him. He hadn't seen me yet. So I think I can sneak out easily.

Wait..

Suddenly I realised what I'm doing and I felt guilty. There was my father who just found out that I lied big to him and here I am trying to sneak out because I have to be at work.

Maybe I shouldn't go.

I sadly walk back to my room and call Sam.

"Leah where are you?", Sam asked curiously once he picked up the call.

"Sam I'm sorry I can't come. Something's up", I said lowly.

"What? Leah you know the Don wants us all there", Sam said seriously.

"I know, but I really can't come. Tell Boss it's related to Dad. He'll understand", I sighed.

Rowan knows my father doesn't know about my job. I'm sure he'll understand it's serious if I decided to skip.

"Fine", Sam said.

I ended the call after that. I sat down on my bed and sighed heavily.

I felt bad. I wanted to be there to see Boss's mission finally end. The story he told me and the vision he had in his mind for so long. I wanted to see it happen.

I was there when he reunited with his sons. I wanna be there when he reunites with his brother.

But even Dad is important to me. I broke his trust and I guess I pay for it. I hate seeing him hurt.

I'll speak to Theodore later for my absence.
______________________________

Rowan's POV:

I was so excited. My heart was pumping happiness.

The day had finally come. The day I've been waiting for so long.

A decade long.

My family and mafia were both ready to get back those five people for which we all have worked so hard in these past years.

I was looking at Emmett and Finn discussing the security we'll have over there with Theo.

Owen and Landon were instructing the men we will take with us.

Suddenly I see Sam approaching me.

"Sir Leah called to inform that she won't be able to join us today. She said something related to her Dad and that I should let you know", Sam informed me.

I frown a bit.

"Okay no problem. Get the rest of your team ready", I said.

Sam nods and walks away.

Leah's father doesn't know about her job so maybe something came up that's why she couldn't be present here.

I know she'll never drop a mission so it must be her last resort.

It still baffles me how Leah's managed to lie to her father for this long. I mean I haven't met the guy, but I know she cares about him a lot.

I always felt that maybe she's doing a mistake by lying to her parent, but then she can't tell the truth as well so I let it go because it's none of my business.

If she needs my help, I'll be there.

"Dad we're ready to go", Theo came to me.

"It's almost time. Let's proceed then", I siad glancing at my watch.

He nods and orders his men to follow the protocols he and Owen have set.

Chase and Troy weren't coming with us. They really wanted to, but I made them stay. Harry too wanted to be there, but he said he'll wait with my sons in the mansion.

I don't want anyone unnecessarily there. I still don't trust Massimo and I wish to keep as many people safe as possible.

Anyway he and I agreed that we'll have only ten men each excluding us from both side for the trade.

It needs to be as civil and less threatening as possible.

So if something does happen we'll be able to deal better with lesser people.

So from our side Theo, Em, Dean, Owen, Landon, Sam, Levi, Kate, Shane and I will go.

Leah isn't there so it'll be 9 from our side.

"Boss are you sure we shouldn't bring one more with us now that Leah won't be joining?", Landon asked suggestively.

"I don't think it'll be needed Lan. Right Dad?", Theo smiled.

I nod smirking.

Everyone else nodded okay in confusion.

"We've spoken to Finn. He and some of our men will be a little away from our meeting place for precautionary security", Owen reminded.

Finn nods confidently. Everyone muttered okay.

"Everything is done except one thing. Owen, Landon get the Armani girl", Theo said seriously.

Those two nod and walk towards the cell building.

Soon we see three people walking back. Nicole had a blind fold on her eye and her eyes being tied.

She seemed nervous. I wouldn't blame her. It's completely understandable considering my men and sons are all glaring at her with utmost hatred.

She's not exactly welcome here.

Theodore gestured for them to put her in the car. They followed his orders without anyone saying anything, but Nicole decided to speak first.

"Where are you taking me?!", She spoke frantically showing resistance.

"To your father", Theo said coldly before anyone else says anything.

Nicole stilled in shock. It didn't seem like she believed him. But Owen and Lan didn't wait for her to reply or react and immediately took her to the car she'll be coming in.

"Okay if everyone's ready let's go", Emmett announced.

Slowly one by one all of us fill the cars. I was going to get inside when I heard my sons.

"Dad!", Chase and Troy shout together.

I turn to see those two rush to me.

"Dad we know you're not taking us with you so we wanted to wish you all the best. Don't worry it's going to be great", Troy grinned.

I smiled.

"Yeah and please be safe and call us immediately if you need any help", Chase said with a nervous smile.

"Definitely", I smiled.

I hug those two once before getting inside my car.

We drive to the decided meeting spot
__________________________________

Third person POV:

The Kingstons reach the area as well as the Armanis.

Two mafia's meet up had created a tension and stressed environment.

Nobody in their sane mind had ever thought that the two biggest enemies will have a so called peace meet up.

They had decided to meet in an empty warehouse that was relatively massive streching for more than 10000 square feet.

It was an abandoned one and quite far from the city so they agreed to meet there.

Rowan, the Don and the rest get out of their cars.

Massimo, Luca, Blaze, Kyle and some more really skilled and strong men had gathered opposite of them leaving a few feet space in between.

The prisoners that were going to be traded weren't yet out.

Sam and his team instantly followed their protocol. They surround their Don, Boss, second in command, Emmett, Dean and Landon.

Everyone had stoic faces. The classic no shit expression.

Massimo and Rowan made a mental note of how the two had actually grown a bit old these years.

Amusing really.

Luca looked keenly searching for his sister, but then glaring at the Kingston family when he didn't find her.

Dean was just a snide comment away from punching the shit out of their Don or son.

Emmett stood next to Dean to keep an eye on him.

Theodore even though knew they wouldn't show up without their family he was just hoping to see them, but obviously didn't show it on his face.

Rowan decided to speak up first.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you, but I would rather not lie Massimo", Rowan said without hesitation.

Massimo chuckled bitterly.

"Don't worry the feeling is mutual", He replied back.

The men on both side were really alert and ready to jump in to do their job if anything goes sideways.

"So they're your sons huh? Did a good job hiding them", Massimo smirked evilly looking at the guys.

Massimo remembered the pictures Blaze and Kyle had shown him when the American mafia was won.

"Yeah thanks to you my sons grew up training while in hiding. Shame you weren't able to take them from me as well", Rowan replied.

The Italian Don's jaw clenched, but he regained his expression.

"True. So who is this famous recent Don of your mafia. Your eldest son I hear", Massimo asked curiously.

"Theodore Kingston", The American Don replied himself.

Everyone looked at him. Luca narrowed his down at the guy.

There was no doubt that the new Don oozed power and intimidation.

That somehow made Massimo wonder how Rowan's managed to raise a Don who was ten years into hiding.

"Bravo Rowan. You never ceased to amaze me", Massimo smirked.

"Yeah? Well I thought you might be used to it now considering I've always single handedly kicked asses quite literally everytime you've sent your goons to kill me the last decade", Rowan smirked haughtily.

If Leah was here she woul not hesitate to go Oooooooo burrrn.

Rowan's sons or men couldn't stop the smirk that formed on their faces.

Owen and Landon winked with a smirk looking at Rowan who secretly shared a smile with them.

Massimo or any of his Italian men weren't that happy getting insulted. Though some of them managed to remain stoic.

Luca took a step forward which was replied by Owen taking one step forward too. But both were stopped by their respective Dons.

They sent each other a death glare though.

"You- ", Massimo began gritting his teeth, but got rudely interrupted.

"Mr Armani as much as it's a delight seeing you for the first time and as much as we enjoy listening to you talk I would rather we get on with the real reason of being here. You might not be eager to see your daughter, but I am to see my family" Theo said sarcastically with a loud, clear confident voice.

Oh damn.

Except Theo you could see every one in Rowan's side stifling their smirk. They were damn proud to be serving such a fearless capable Don.

Normally disrespect to any Don would be a huge damn mistake as the consequences are severe.

But a one on one between Dons is just a way of showing who has the upper hand and well... it's badass too.

"Don or not, you dare speak to my father like that", Luca snarls angrily taking a step forward.

Massimo stopped him, but by then Owen and Landon had taken a step forward with an intense glare.

It's in their blood to not take or hear shit about their boss or Don after all.

"Stay Luca. Your family has dared a lot of things. If we start acting on each one of them your mafia will not exist only", Emmett said angrily.

The tension in the warehouse was real.

Before anyone else could speak Theodore spoke again.

"Enough. Let's get on with our meet", Theo orders.

Without waiting he gestured towards Lan and Owen. They nod and go to get Nicole Armani.

Massimo gestured for Blaze and Kyle to do the same.

Nicole was still blindfolded so she couldn't see anything, but her father and brother saw her and took a sharp breath in seeing her condition.

Theodore never ordered for any torture on Nicole so she was spared that way. But that doesn't mean she was given food or any other amenities.

"Leave me!", Nicole said irritated trying to free herself.

"Bambina", Massimo couldn't help, but look at her daughter in worry.

Nicole stilled hearing her father's voice. She was in shock. So their Don hadn't lied to her earlier.

"Dad? Dad!", Nicole shouts in an emotional voice.

Landon removes her blind fold and her face scrunched before she looked here and there and spotted her father and brother.

"Dad..Luca", Nicole whispered in tears.

Luca smiled assuringly looking at his baby sister. Massimo sighed in relief.

The Kingston family didn't care about paying attention to the reunion of the Armani family. They were eager for something else.

Rowan, Theodore, Emmett and Dean could feel their heart pumping at a rapid pace as they waited to see their family.

As if on cue Blaze and Kyle show up with five Kingstons.

It was all a slow motion thing.

Sebastian and Rowan's eyes met. They stare at each other in shock. The two brothers couldn't help, but get emotional.

Sebastian smiled first in happiness seeing his younger brother. Rowan held back tears and grinned wide.

Theo eagerly searched his entire family to make sure all were here.

Weston did the same. He looked at his Uncle and then immediately recognised Theo, Dean and Em.

Theo and Wes smiled looking at each other. It was an unsaid thing. The two eldest sons both understood how much this moment meant for them.

Jamie grinned wide looking at his family. He immediately nudged Brody who was busy himself relishing the one moment he never thought would arrive.

Charlie took a deep breath and smiled happily.

Emmett and Dean share a look of utmost happiness and satisfaction.

Rowan looked at his nephews and just felt the utmost protectiveness. He was so overwhelmed to see them all grown up.

Owen, Landon, Sam and his team all stare at the Kingstons in shock.

They knew Sebastian was the previous Don and his son was the rightful one. And no one knew how, but every one of them got immediate respect for them.

Sebastian grinned proudly looking at Theodore. Theo smiled for the first time since they arrived.

"Happy reunion Kingston family", Massimo scoffs snapping them all from their trance.

Everyone glares at him.

Sebastian ignored Massimo and looked at his sons.

"Boys", He said softly.

His sons nod with a smirk understanding what their father meant.

And what they did next came as a massive surprise to literally every single soul in the place.

Absolutely unexpected.

Sebastian, Weston, Charlie, James and Brody look at Theo and bow down their head to the new Don of their mafia.

"The New Don and my eldest nephew has our respect for earning the Don title of our family mafia. Proud of you son", Sebastian grinned wide in happiness.

It is a traditional thing followed in the mafia world.

Whenever a new Don is titled every single member of his/her mafia takes a bow in front of them to show their undying respect and loyalty to towards them.

This is why when Theodore was titled every American mafia and gang member bowed to him.

Sebastian and his sons didn't forget that ritual.

There was pin drop silence in the warehouse.

Theodore for the first time was speechless. His lips parted as he for a second forgot to breath.

Rowan, Emmett and Dean grin wide happily looking at their family and then Theo.

Owen and Landon looked beyond baffled. They slowly smiled softly. They looked at each other and silently agreed on the fact that they're proud to serve them.

If it was possible the hostage Kingstons earned every bit of respect from the American mafia member there.

Heck Massimo and his men were shocked. Blaze and Kyle for once dropped the stoic expression.

Theodore smiled emotionally and nodded thankfully to them.

Massimo snapped back and grit his teeth in annoyance.

"Just do the fucking trade", He grunted.

This time everyone glared at him.

He really was testing their patience.

________________________________

After a few hours..

Leah's POV:

I hummed a song as I walk to my car casually skipping.

Grace wanted me to help deliver some important files to one of her office friends as she was busy with something else.

Me being the most jobless person decided to help her.

I mean not literally jobless.

I had delivered the files and was ready to drive back home. I was just walking back to the place where I parked my car.

I bobbed my head to a song that's been on my mind for hours.

It wasn't very late yet, but the night was dark enough.

Suddenly as I walked past an alley my attention went to something half lying on the floor.

I immediately pause and take a step back and look inside in shock. There I was a silhouette of a man on the ground.

What?

I frowned as I try to get a clear look from where I was standing.

That looks like a man? Must be a drunk.

I was going to way away knowing it's none of my buisness, but then I think I heard a whimper.

I frowned again. I look here and there, but saw nothing. Then peeked inside the alley and knew the sound came from the guy.

Screw it.

I slowly cautious walk inside the alley to try and take a look at the man. I checked for my gun strapped in my shoe and was relieved to find it there.

As I got closer I saw that the guy was breathing heavily. Since it was dark I couldn't see his face.

He was plopped down on the ground with his back resting on the wall.

"Excuse me?", I spoke lowly.

I walk further and saw a guy probably not older than 25 in a very weird shape. He was in a tattered condition.

I saw his face and something seemed familiar about him.

I wanted to walk away and get home, but my heart almost popped out of my chest when I saw blood on his hand which layed on his stomach.

What the fuck!

I quickly rush to him and kneel down in front of him.

Okay he's not some beggar or drunk randomly on the road.

His eyes were closed and he breathed heavily. Almost like a laboured breathing.

I look at his would and knew immediately he was either shot or stabbed. His hand was on it so I couldn't guess properly.

"Sir!", I immediately tried to see if he's conscious.

The guy jerked away. He looked at me and immediately frantically stared looking around for something.

"Woah woah calm down. You're bleeding bad! What happened?", I said in worry.

He looked at me intently and winced trying to sit straight. He was sweating profusely.

I immediately removed my jacket and put it on his wound to help stop the bleed.

"God you're bleeding crazy and you look pale", I mutter in concern.

What the hell happened to him?

I look at his face and again for some reason he seemed familiar.

"Come on. I need to take you to the hospital", I tell him.

He shakes his head no.

What the hell?

"No..you gotta leave", He whispered looking in pain glancing here and there.

"What are you talking sir? You need medical attention!", I said frantically.

He shakes his head and frowned. He was going to say something, but stopped when we heard a sound.

Like running footsteps.

The guy's eyes went wide as he looked to his side. I followed his gaze and saw another shadowy figure fasting walking towards us.

There was something in his hand. What is it?

I look intently and saw it was a gun.

My eyes went wide. And by seeing the guy's reaction I put two and two together.

Suddenly I was pushed. I look at the wounded guy and he was pushing me.

"Go now! It's not safe!", He hissed in pain.

I quickly go hide behind the dumpster near him.

The man with the gun came to the wounded guy not having seen me because of the dark.

"Found him", The man spoke.

I looked at him in confusion, but realised he spoken in his ear piece.

"Tell Massimo he won't live if he does something to me", The wounded guy grit his teeth.

Massimo? Have I heard this name before?

The guy with the gun chuckled darkly and raised the gun to the already gravely injured guy.

God knows what came over me I immediately jump out of my hiding as I kick the guy's gun from his hand surprising both of them.

I didn't wait for the guy to retaliate as I kicked his stomach. I punched him and then immediately grab his head and smash it on the wall.

He dropped to the floor unconscious. I didn't hit him too hard.

I turn to look at the wounded man who was staring at me in utter shock.

"What the hell is happening? You gotta answer a few questions buddy, but first things first, we need to get you to a hospital", I said seriously.

I immediately get down to help the guy stand up.

"No no! There are more of them! You should leave!", The guy said in concern.

"Don't worry I can handle them", I said nonchalantly.

He looked at me in disbelief and I purse my lips and pull up my jeans to show him my gun.

He gawked at me for a second.

"Done? Now come", I said helping him stand up.

He obeyed this time probably in shock.

"Listen stop! I can't go to a hospital", He groans in pain.

I stare at him in disbelief.

"Can you help me get to my home?", He asked breathing heavily through the pain.

"Speak the hell fast weirdo. You ain't got a lot of time!", I frowned pointing at his wound and the unconscious guy who tried to kill him.

He looked at me unsure first, but then sighed.

"Do you know where is the Kingston mansion?", He asked softly.

Okay...what?

I gawked at him.

"Okay that was not what I was expecting. Why do you wanna go there?", I asked with a suspicious gaze.

He frowned and hesitated. I stare at his face and god was he familiar.

Where have I seen him?

"What's your name sir?", I asked slowly.

"Weston", He replied taking a look down at his gunshot wound.

No way.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter!

Please vote.

Soon it'll get really chaotic.
Leah and the Kingstons will know the truth.
David will know about Leah's job.
Few more revelations will be made 😉

Stay tuned for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.9K 37
Amara Coleman is not your average seventeen-year-old girl. She gets abused by her own father and watches the death of her mother before her very eyes...
kindred By Madi Lee

Teen Fiction

964K 22.9K 47
All Adeline Kingston has known is pain. Years of agony, anguish and anger. Brothers. Addie has 7, not that she knew. When she is reunited with her ol...
Mended By Megan

Teen Fiction

254K 13.7K 52
Two years ago, the Kingston family learned what it meant to stumble through hell with battered hearts and betrayal running deep inside their veins. A...
84.5K 2.1K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...