ʟᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀ ⫽ ʏᴏᴏɴ ᴊᴇᴏɴɢʜᴀɴ

By kebreezey

"ᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏxɪᴄ, ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏᴛɪᴄ." ᴀ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ © ᴋᴇʙʀᴇᴇᴢᴇʏ More

ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

10

511 23 23
By kebreezey

"A dazzling and splendid trap, a beautiful struggle."

─────────────

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I immediately jumped out of his arms, and away from him.

"Aw, not gonna say thank you for saving you?" He tilted his head slightly, and gosh I wanted to mess up his pretty face so bad.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ignored his previous words, and began wondering why he just had to be here at the same time as me.

That annoying smirk of his remained, as he pulled something out from behind. "The same as you, no?"

Inside his hand was an array of gold and silver jewellery, encrusted with diamonds and opal. They glimmered in the moonlight, their sparkles glistening around the room, as we both stared at them in admiration and awe.

How the hell was treasure like this just chilling out in the open for anyone to claim? Who the hell knows, 'cause I ain't complaining.

I went forward to grab some out his hand, but his reflexes were quicker as he quickly pulled away, which caused me to fall onto him. He instantly wrapped his other arm around me, and held my waist firmly as my own hands landed on his shoulders.

Surprised at the sudden motion, I looked at him slightly flustered, to find he was already gazing at me.

"You fell for me again?" He leaned in closer, and I swear I saw him glance at my lips. As much as I wanted to cuss him out, no words left my mouth, which really ticked me off.

However, our intense eye contact was cut short, due to the distant sound of police sirens.

Both our heads snapped in the direction of the sudden sound, and the panic slowly began to rise within me.

"Shit." I heard him grumble under his breath, and unexpectedly, he grabbed my arm.

"What the heck?!"

He pulled me along with him, and with every step we took, the sirens grew louder. Someone must have noticed something was off in the house, and thus, called the police.

Can't something ever go right for me?!

The two of us rushed to find a way outside, all while he had a firm grip on my arm, never once letting go.

Then suddenly, the doorbell rang, the sound echoing throughout the entire house.

We both stopped immediately, as we glanced at each other in alarm then at the front door. The red and blue lights shone in through the windows, which made me anxious as to what on earth could've happen next.

A loud knock came after, which seemed to have woken us both up.

"Shit." The male beside me mumbled, as he began fumbling with something.

He pulled out a gun, and turned around, making his way to the back door, completely disregarding me like he wasn't forcefully pulling me along with him two seconds ago.

He must've realised I wasn't moving, when he stopped and glanced back, and I swear it was the hottest thing ever.

The way his lean figure was fluorescently lit with the moonlight, bright and radiant as he stood out in the murkiness. I only had just began to appreciate how good he was looking; hair tousled, a slim fitting shirt that exposed his hella nice body, and some sweats that hung dangerously low on his hips.

I snapped out of my trance however, when his voice spoke up.

"You're not coming?"

Then, he sauntered off as if the fear of being arrested in the moment wasn't instilled inside him, leaving me to rush after him.

Once we reached the back door, Jeonghan stopped, and put a finger to his lips, like I didn't already know.

His slender fingers reached out to key, unlocking the door, and then to the gold plated doorknob, which I found unnecessarily extra but pop off sis, and carefully turned it, taking caution so it made no noise when the door clicked.

It must've been his instincts that kicked in when his free hand reached out to mine, entwining our fingers.

Boy, was I glad it was hella dark so he couldn't see my face which was probably redder than pennywise's stupid balloon.

Despite being severely embarrasses by the current situation, I didn't make a move to take my hand back, as I quite enjoyed the feeling of our hands interlocked.

Gosh Aera, there is something seriously wrong with you!!

Jeonghan pulled the door open, and thankfully it didn't creak. However, behind us, the officer at the door started getting impatient, as the knocks became loud and frustrated.

They abruptly stopped, and the man in front of me wasted no time in tugging me along, so we could get out of there as quick as possible.

A question lingered at the back of my mind; why was he doing all this for me? Wouldn't it have been easier to leave me to defend for myself?

The train of thoughts came to a halt however, when a deafening thud was heard on the door.

"They're going to break in!" We looked at each other in panic and then his grip on my hand tightened as he hurried out the door, with me trailing behind him, sort of like a lost puppy.

The two of us broke out in a sprint, as the thuds on the door became evidently louder and louder, making it clear it was to break down any second.

If I was being honest, this all seemed to just be a figment of my imagination.

The way I was alarmingly close to being taken away in the back of cop car, or the way my heart beat blared in my ears as the adrenaline coursed through my veins. Maybe it was even the way that the striking man - whom I called enemy, forget not - had his hand firmly in mine as he took me along to who knows where.

As I was busy in a daze, I didn't realise that the soft grass beneath my feet had turned into a detritus of leaves, sticks, pines, pretty much anything you would find in a forest. Where once the moonlight was clear and shining down on us brightly, it was now filtered through the twisting  branches of gnarling trees.

We didn't slow down once though, nor did I look back. I still wasn't sure why I was letting the male in front of me drag me like this, but I didn't mind it - it wasn't like I had anything better to be doing, so why not enjoy things as they came?

Then my gaze fell to where my hand was, snugly enclosed in Jeonghan's.

And just like that, I was sure embarrassment streaked my face once again.

I quickly took my mind away from there, and just as I did, I began feeling the pain of rushing through the encroaching forest. The dwindling, naked twigs reached out like witches' fingernails, scratching and picking at my body. 

"You good?" The two of us had slowed down, before completely stopping. I nodded, slightly in a daze as I looked around at our surroundings.

We reached a clearing in the middle of the forest, and the view was stunning.

It was quite simple, however, the vast land glowing with fireflies, lighting up the flowers to make the scenery that extra special.

I let out a breath, as I advanced forward, crouching down to let my fingertips run over the tulips and orchids. The distinctive red colour of the rose stood out, as I reached out to one, delicately plucking it off its root.

I straightened back up once doing so, then turned to look at the gent who stared intentively at me with an amused glimmer in his eyes.

Ignoring him, I placed my attention on a figure moving in the forest behind him. I tilted my head slightly, wondering what it could be, and Jeonghan seemed to notice as he followed my gaze at the thing behind him.

He must've been shocked, as he stumbled back slightly, while I went forward out of curiosity.

"Crap."

Without any hesitation, I rushed towards Jeonghan, and the roles seemed to have reversed as I quickly grabbed his hand, and swiveled the other way. 

He got out of his state of shock upon seeing the wild boar, which appeared to be angry at the sight of intruders in the beautiful field, and secured his grip on my hand.

Our legs couldn't get a break as we quickened our pace to get away, the boar behind us let out a growl before becoming hot on our trail.

We had just managed to get away from one danger, only to fall into another. 

Gosh my luck is through the roof right now.

The opening in the forest was huge, and my body felt the burn trying to cross it. Sweat was dripping down my neck and my back, as the shirt I was wearing began sticking to my body. 

The snorts of the danger behind us didn't stop once, and it felt like hours we were being chased by it, when in fact it was mere seconds.

I was on fire, my heart pounding awfully loud, the inhumane growls ringing in my ears. I couldn't afford wasting a single moment on trying to inhale as much oxygen as I could, in fear that stopping even for a second would result in something I didn't want to talk about.

It felt like my lungs were slowly collapsing in on me, shrinking smaller as sort of punishment for putting them through torture they hadn't been through since physical education at school. My head was spinning, and I was almost losing sight of my surroundings, and my senses.

However, it seemed that the angel on my shoulder decided to give me a bit of mercy, because before we knew it, the two of us had managed to reached the other side of the field, and into the abundance of trees.

Not once did the male in front of me let his hand fall away from mine, which messed up my thoughts and feelings. I wondered why on earth he hadn't ran away yet, leaving me behind to save his own skin, which was supposed to be the norm between enemies, but clearly not us.

I had admitted long ago that I did have some sort of attraction for the notorious Yoon Jeonghan, but I wasn't going to let that affect me anytime soon; well that was the plan.

Soon things would come crashing down and life wouldn't be all roses and daises - not like it had been in the first place - and the sooner I realised this, the better it would be for me and the people surrounding me, my family.

But, if I was being honest, I was kinda looking forward to a change in my life, a new rollercoaster that would bring excitement and fun, and have blood rushing through my body with adrenaline. I wanted something, or someone, that would bring out all senses, make my heart beat like crazy, maybe even cause satisfaction in more ways imaginable.

And before I could stop it, my mind came to a scary realisation.

The man in front of me could do all that.

Thankfully, I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a loud grunt behind us. And when I glanced back, the animal was nowhere in sight.

"Let's hope you don't attract more danger, darling."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.6K 34
。+.。゚:;。+゚+。::゚。:.゚。+。。+.。゚:;。+゚+。::゚。:.゚。+。 The enemy of our enemy is our friend. The friend of our enemy is not to be trusted Or maybe there can be...
218K 6.8K 36
"The thoughts of you devour me Taehyung, what do you expect from me?" "Then, how about you come devour me Jungkook," --- 100k - May 1st, 2020.
166K 5.1K 47
We all have a price, what's yours? *** Pairings: mafia!jk x reader Warnings: smut, violence, mentions and use of drugs and guns, prostitution Do not...
14.1K 331 18
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 �...