Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 48

2.7K 126 12
By booklover_0234

Just because you're struggling, doesn't mean your failing.
————————————————————
Warning: this chapter has a lot of coddling. I felt like this was a more realistic reaction than Sang just being okay and not needing support. I totally get if this isn't your thing but I hope you enjoy!
————————————————————
Owen's POV:
My eyes open and I know it is only five o clock. Everyday like clockwork I get up at five. There is always so much to do. I have to work, make sure all of my family is okay, and keep myself in check.

Normally I don't mind getting up,but having Sang with me, I wouldn't mind sleeping for ages. The only issue is my arms are empty and when I feel around, the only body I feel is Sean's and that is definitely not the one I want to cuddle with.

I sit up and see that Sean is slowly blinking his eyes open. The bed is empty and so is the room. "Where is she?" I mumble and Sean looks slightly concerned.

"The music room probably. Or the living room." He says and I turn my gaze to him.

"How do you know?"

"It happens often. Very rarely she stays in bed. That's why we always push for sleep." He sighs but it isn't a tired of her sigh. It's one where he wants something better for her.

"I'll go find her." I volunteer and he seems slightly shocked but I was serious when I said I was making a change. Having Sang in my arms was the best feeling I could have ever felt. Even when her eyes were puffy from crying and her body was shaking with each sob, she was beautiful and I'm tired of fighting it.

I swing my legs out of bed and get up quicker than I ever have. I walk out of my room quietly and walk towards the music room first. When I don't hear any noise coming from there I walk back towards the front of the house where I hear small clanging noises.

I follow the noises to the kitchen and pause at the doorway when I see Sang. She is in leggings and a long t shirt. Her hair is thrown into a bun and I could get used to seeing this every morning. Sang is standing by the counter, wiping it down aggressively. I can't see her face but her whole body is tense and our kitchen looks the cleanest it's ever been, so I would say that she's been at it for a while.

All of a sudden Sang whirls around and despite the situation, I smile. Her face is slightly red from crying and she looks anxious. That's not what I'm smiling at though. No, it's the fact that she is able to always sense us. "How do you do that?" I ask because it is the first thing I could think of.

"Do what?" Sang's voice is quiet, soft. Gentle even.

"You always know when one of us enter a room. How?" I ask in the same tone and she turns back to her cleaning.

"It's weird." The dismissiveness when she talks about herself makes me flinch.

"Well I would love to listen if you will talk." I don't know how she is feeling so I figure the gentle approach would be the best thing right now. Last night wasn't a thing where Sang automatically forgave me for why I did. That isn't the case at all.

Last night was one step in me begging her for forgiveness. It was a tiny advance in a long process, and I deserve every second of it.

"It is your smell." Sang states after a few moments of silence and I have to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Our smell?" I ask and red tints her cheek.

"Told you it was weird." The dismissive tone is back in her voice as Sang turns back around and begins scrubbing the counter once again.

I take my chances and walk over to where she's standing, hoping that Sang doesn't run away. "Never said it was weird. I just have never heard of something so unique. What do I smell like?" I wonder out loud and Sang turns to me.

"Irish Spring soap." Im shocked that she answered so quick.

"Is that good?" I might be slightly vulnerable right now but if she told me it wasn't good then I would sit for hours to let Gabe create a smell that she loved.

"I like it. It's...comforting." Sang is clearly hesitant to tell me that and it is another reason I want to travel back in time and change 90% of what I have done to her.

I have no clue what to say to that so I go to what I really came in here to say. "You should be sleeping." I state and I realize how demanding that sounds so I quickly rephrase what I was saying. "I just mean sleep would probably be good."

Sang looks me up and down and I shift under her gaze. "You are acting weird. I don't mean that rudely."

"I can't explain it all but Sang I really am sorry. I'm just trying to be...better." Sang nods in response to let me know she heard me but I see the doubt in her eyes.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I ask straightforward and she turns to me.

"I just had a nightmare."

"About what?" I ask even though I know.

"My mother. It's always her." Sang sounds so defeated and it isn't fair.

"Will you at least come lay back down? It's hours before we have to be up." I try to persuade and I can tell Sang doesn't want to but she nods anyways. Maybe it's from the years of going along with what her mother has told her or maybe she doesn't want what she calls and "Owen-Sang showdown."

I turn and make a motion for Sang to walk ahead of me so I can make sure she doesn't escape. Sang walks back to my room and when she walks in Sean is  laying down with his face buried in the pillow and pops up like a fool when he hears us. "Pookie! You can't sneak out. I could have been stuck cuddling Owen! Do you know how terrible that is?" Sean's overly dramatic and sighs as he flops back down. Sang doesn't laugh and Sean's eyebrows dip.

He's concerned. Hell, when Sang was in the hospital after literally having a knife stabbed into her back she was laughing. Now she's just defeated. I have never seen her be so quiet or sad.

Sang climbs on the bed and Sean immediately tucks her into him. His arms wrap around and and his hands travel up and down her back in a soothing motion. Sang sinks into him like it has happened a million times before and I find myself wishing it were me. Not that I'm jealous of them, it's because I should have that relationship with her as well but I don't and it's my fault.

Sean looks at me and tells me to come over with his eyes. I do and gently lay down. Sean sets a pillow in the middle of us and I'm confused until he gently pries Sang off of him. "Lay down on your stomach. Wrap your arms around the pillow. You need to relax sweet girl." Sean whispers and his tone is softer than I have ever head it.

Sang follows his directions and wraps her arms around the pillow with her head facing my direction but her eyes are shut so tight that I know she can't
see me. Sean raises his hand and takes her hair out of the bun it was previously in. Then he runs his fingers through her hair and gets each knot out at he comes across it.

Sang lets out small sighs of appreciation and it has come to my attention how touch starved she is. Years without 'kind' touch is something
nobody should ever experience. Sean nudges me with his foot and without waiting for me to look at him, he grabs my hand and places it on Sang's back.

I'm frozen for a second and then it comes to me like second nature. I run my hand up and down her back and she relaxes even more but it is clear she is still so wound up. "What are you nervous about?" Sean asks and Sang tries to sit up but my hand on her back keeps her in place.

"A lot could happen. So many things could happen. I have zero control. Even with my mother I was in charge. I knew what to do when she was drunk and in the mood to hit me. I knew what to do to protect the kids. She might have been able to hurt me but I had control of the kids. Everything I did was for the kids. I wouldn't even be alive without them. I would have died on the bathroom floor that night. I wouldn't make it without them. I have no control now and I'm scared because everything could change. I'm tired of change. I was steady. Things weren't steady with my mother but we had a routine; she came home, took out whatever built up anger she had, then left. I was miserable but I always had the kids. Now somebody could easily take them from me like everything I ever did was worthless. In the long run it doesn't matter that they always had everything they needed. It doesn't matter that no matter what was happening they were safe. I don't have control and it is terrifying." Everything Sang says is so true but every word that comes out of her mouth kills me more and more. She had tried to kill herself. I had known that but it had never felt real.

Sean opens his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. "We're going to do everything possible Sang. Everything you ever did was worth it. You have done so much and I don't think they can take the kids. I told you we would take care of you and that doesn't mean just you. Cameron and Lily are apart of us as well. They matter just as much as you do." I try to be honest but also inspiring. Sang opens her eyes to look at me and I take a risk to kiss her forehead. She sighs and moves towards
me slightly so I wrap my arms around her.

Sang is looking for comfort from me and I'm happy to provide it. Now and the rest of our lives. What the hell has happened to me in the short span of a few days?
————————————————————
Sean's POV:
I'm shocked to say the least. I knew Owen was making a change. I knew that. I saw it in him. But this?
Sang's head is resting right by him and his hands are wrapped around her body similar to the way mine are. "This isn't fair for her." Owen whispers into the room once he is checked that Sang's eyes are shut tight and her breaths have gone even with only the occasional hiccup in her breathing.

"I'm worried. She's always been stressed but too much stress on a person is harmful Owen. Sang needs all 14 of us to be here. She's stronger than any of us but it never hurts for someone to have backup." I sigh and he nods. We already know this. I look over to my beautiful girl and relax into the bed. I bring my face as close to her neck as I can get and close my eyes, simply breathing her in.

"She can smell us you know." Owen says all of a sudden and that has me popping my head up.

"What do you mean?"

"You know how she always knows who enters a room? Sang said it is cause she can smell us. Apparently I smell like Irish spring soap." Owen smiles slightly and he looks like a lovesick puppy. I can't wait until the other guys see this.

For the next two hours Owen and I lay there while Sang sleeps. Occasionally she stirs and her eyebrows dip lower than I have ever seen, a clear sign that whatever is happening in her dreams isn't good. So when that happens Owen and I come closer to her. I brush her hair with my fingers and Owen rubs her back until Sang's face and body relaxes once again.

I never thought I would care this much about a person. I never thought we could all care about a person this much but we do. "We need to get some work
done so that the rest of the day we are free." Owen finally says and I have to hold back the groan that is fighting to break free from my mouth.

I look over to him and lovesick Owen is gone and serious Owen is back. Maybe I should have cuddled with Owen earlier to make him happy.

Owen slips out of bed and I follow behind, quietly shutting the door behind us. We walk to the kitchen and sit at the island to work. I work on stuff for the hospital and Owen does things for the academy.

An hour later while we're working, Owen's phone goes off and starts ringing. He looks at whoever it is and quickly picks it up then puts it on speaker phone. "Owen!" Phil's voice booms through the speaker.

"Phil." Owen's voice is much more toned down than Phil's is. "Are the kids okay?"

"They are perfect. I swear these kids are angels and I get the grandkids I always wanted. I was calling to see when I needed to bring them back and see how Sang was doing. Of course I don't mind keeping them another night but I don't think Sang would like that very much." Phil chuckles but we all know he's serious. I'm surprised Sang has made it this far without the kids but she has been too stressed to really pay attention to the things around her.

"We're going to lunch at the diner down the street at noon. Maybe you could bring the kids around three. Give us time to talk to her stepmother and stepsisters then handle anything that happens after." Owen says smoothly but the crease in his eyebrows show he is worried.

"Of course. Is Sang mad at us?" Phil asks and I almost laugh. Phil is the calmest man in the world and doesn't often care what people think of him but Sang has him wrapped around her finger.

"No she isn't mad. Not at all." I laugh slightly and Phil lets out what sounds like the most relieved sigh of his life.

"Okay good. I'll be at your house by three. Watch out for the step monsters today. They may seem sweet but they aren't. They're sneaky. Bye boys." Phil ends the call and Owen lays his phone down on the countertop.

The quiet sound of footsteps can be heard coming down the hall and that means Sang is awake, unless somebody broke into our house. She pops around the corner and her hair is back in that bun that Gabe hates. In her hand she has a stack of papers.

Sang walks straight into the room, throws the papers away, takes a seat at the table, then looks up to us. "Hi."

"Good morning. What we're those?" I ask and Sang sighs.

"Papers from my dad. Well more like letters but I don't really want them. I read them and they would do more harm than good." Sang's explanation is quick but she gets the point across.

"The kids are coming back around three. I figured we could find something to do. If you felt up to it." Owen suggests and Sang nods.

"Do you know when the other guys will get back?" Sang asks after a moment and I think this proves the fact that right now she needs us.

"They should be back really early
tomorrow morning." Owen says and Sang sets her phone down on the countertop.

"What is happening at the school?" Sang asks hesitantly.

"Mr.McCoy was arrested. We are definitely out of school until after Christmas break. We might go back after but I'm not sure." Owen says and the reminder of two nights ago is clearly on his mind.

"What does that mean for your mission then? If this one ends will you all have to move somewhere else for a new one?"

Sang's question is an easy question to answer. "No. We will all be staying here. When this mission ends I'm not sure what will happen but we're not leaving." My voice is steady and calm because I am saying nothing but the truth.

Sang bites her lip but doesn't ask any more questions. My phone dings and when I pull it out of my pocket I see a text from Gabe.

Gabe: Tell Sang to wear loose jeans, combat boots, and a pretty black sweater. I want a shit ton of pictures.

Sean: thanks for asking nicely but that isn't very specific.

Gabe: It isn't that hard. Add a beanie too. Hair down. Cute earrings. Trust me. It will make her feel better, trust me.

I look up to see both Sang and Owen looking at me. "Well it seems your personal stylist has decided what you are wearing today. Gabe said you need to wear loose jeans, a pretty black sweater, combat boots, and a beanie." I read the text off and look up to see Sang nodding her head, knowing every single thing that I'm saying while I'm confused as hell.

"Did he say something about my hair?" She asks with a small smile.

"Yes. He demands it stay down." I tell her and she nods, then looks at the time.

"I guess I'll go get ready." Sang exits the room but stops right before she leaves completely. "Thank you both by the way. I really appreciate it." Then she is gone.

Owen and I look at each other and I lean back against the wall. Sang will be okay. She's getting that beautiful spark back and I know she won't stop until everything is okay again.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
I walk to my room and shut the door behind me so I can change. I walk over to the closet and grab everything Gabe told me to put on. Normally I would argue, but right now I want to dress up. I pull all the clothes on then grab a hairbrush and head to the bathroom mirror.

When I look in the mirror I see a reflection that isn't truly myself. I see a girl with sunken eyes and a slouched posture. That isn't me though. So I grab  a curling iron and piece by piece begin to put flowy curls in my hair. I curl my eyelashes and apply two coats of mascara. I spray myself with perfume and add highlighter in the corner of my eyes. By the time I am done I look put together.

My insides might be a nervous wreck but that doesn't mean I have to look like one. I am definitely telling that to Gabe later.

I look in the mirror again and I look so much more confident. That is how I need to look. When I talk to these women later I can't look scared or unsure. I need to be an adult. I need to forget about everything else and focus on the kids, and that is exactly what I do.

I walk out of the bedroom and see that it is 11:40 AM. The perfect time to be leaving. I wander into the living room and find Sean and Owen sitting on the couch. "How do you understand what Gabe is saying? I thought that was a long sleeve? And aren't combat boots like...bulkier?" Sean huffs out and I smile at him.

"I learned most of this just listening to Gabe talk about clothes." I say and he groans.

"I should have listened all these years! Owen who the hell knew that we would need to know this stuff?" Sean throws his hands up in the air and I cock my head to the side.

"Why do you need to know how?" I ask and Sean sends me a mischievous smile.

"Because when we are buying you presents, clothes specifically, we have to know what and how to get clothes. Owen what will we do?" Sean asks and Owen finally glances up from his phone. He stands up and eyes me.

"We need to get going. And Sean, Sang would look beautiful in anything and if you want to see her in purple, ask her to wear purple. I would but black is my favorite and well I already got to see how beautiful she looks." Owen shrugs his shoulders and opens the door me but I'm stuck rooted in my spot and I just know my cheeks are turning a bright red. He has never said so many compliments to me and I might overload.

Sean's hand finds it's way to my back and he gently pushes me through the doorframe while I see his shoulders shaking slightly with laughter. We walk out to the car and I instantly am opening the back door and try to get in, only to be pulled back by my waist by Sean. He pushes me towards the passenger side door and shuts the door before o can get back out.

Owen gets in on the other side and Sean slides in the back. "It makes more sense for me to sit in the back. I'm smaller." I say once everyone is seated and Sean chuckles.

"Pookie if my mother found out that I put you in the backseat she would come back, yank me out of the car by my ear, and then proceed to yell at me in Japanese on how she raised me better than that." Sean says and there is no humor in his voice.

"Its true. Ellen Green is quite the force the be reckoned with and she will never lose." Owen says as he turns the car on and warm heat blasts through the air vents.

We pull out of the driveway and I rest my head on the side of the door. Owen turns the radio on quietly.

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
My fingers begin to tap along with the beat. Each note I imagine I am playing the piano and it is singing me instead.
Take me back to the night we met
And then I can tell myself
What the hell I'm supposed to do
And then I can tell myself
Not to ride along with you
I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
I don't realize when I started humming but as there is a break in the lyrics, I realize I have been almost all of the time.
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met
When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before. I think I am coming to realize that music heals the soul. I might be saying that because I am emotional right now, or it really is true. Either way this song is making me relax more and my shoulders unclench from their painful position they were in before.
Oh, take me back to the night we met
I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Take me back to the night we met

At the end of the song we are pulling into the restaurant and I brace myself. This is the moment of truth. Owen gets out and I unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door. Sean is standing there and his calculating gaze is intense but I know it is because he is worried.

I take his hand and let him continue to hold it. Owen comes up on the other side of me and these men feel like my armor. Like if they are there, nothing else can get to me. It is the most comforting feeling in the world and I am craving more of it

We walk in to the restaurant and the smell of food is so strong I almost feel nauseous. I haven't eaten since yesterday and I am surprised Owen or Sean haven't said anything but I think they are giving me a break. One I really need.

"Hello, how may I help you all today?" The hostess standing at the podium asks and Sean steps forward.

"We're meeting three other ladies here. Have you seen anyone that matches that?" Sean asks and the hostess looks around.

"I'm sorry sir I don't think I have. I can always seat you all and if I see anyone who matches that description then I can bring them over to you." The hostess says and Sean nods.

"That would be great. Thank you so much."

We follow the hostess to the back and I'm thankful the area is some what secluded. There are a few older couples enjoying brunch but that is it. Owen slides into one side of the booth first then I slide in, then Sean. "Are you okay?" Owen asks and I bite my lip.

"Scared. I want this to be over so that I know what's happening." That's the best I can explain it. I could go on a rant about how I am absolutely petrified. I could talk to them about how my insides feel like they are going to crawl out of my body and consume me. I could tell them about how every few minutes my heart speeds up to the point where I think it might explode.

None of that matters though. It can't be fixed and I have to be brave and face this. There isn't any way around it. It isn't like my mother. These people aren't going to get drunk and leave with a random man. It won't happen.

I hear footsteps approaching and suck in a breath when I see my stepmother and stepsisters. "That's them?" Sean asks in a low whisper and I nod. "They look like witches." He whispers and I giggle quietly. They are witches.

"I believe these are the people you were looking for!" The hostess says and I wish I could steal some of her cheer.

"Thank you!" I tell the hostess and she smiles at me kindly before leaving us. Mary, Brianna, and Amanda sit down. Mary is seated in the middle with Brianna and Amanda sitting on either side of her.

"Hello Sang! How are you today dear?" Mary asks and her voice is sugary sweet. Bile threatens to rise in my throat but I take a deep breath.

"I'm really good." Lie. Amanda sends me a tight smile and I feel Owen narrow his eyes in on her. She blushes and looks away which only fuels the anger in my body.

"Who are these young men Sang?" Brianna asks and I hate the way she says it.

I point to Sean. "This is Sean Green." Then I point towards Owen. "Owen Blackbourne."

Both men extend their hands to my step monsters. All three of them eagerly reach out, clearly ogling at Sean and Owen. The men do quick handshakes and I almost burst out laughing when the both simultaneously wipe their hands on their pants.

"So I am sure you gentlemen know what we are here about then?" Mary asks.

"Of course. Sang, Lily, and Cameron are our family." That simple statement made by Owen causes Mary to twitch. It makes my heart warm slightly. Family. The one thing I always wanted and I have it, but it could be taken away at any point. I realize that now.

"Well that seems to be the issue isn't it? I want the little kids with us. Really it is where they belong." Mary says and Sean clears his throat.

"May I ask why you want the kids? Clearly you are related in no ways and two kids that are so much younger than your older ones isn't very logical." Sean jumps straight to it and I can feel my nails digging into my skin as I make fists under the table.

"We want to teach them respect and the girls have always wanted younger siblings . It truly is very simple." Mary says like he is stupid and Owen sighs.

"I have the right for my brother and Sister to be with us. I would love for you to come as well Sang. We could have so much girl time." Brianna gushes and I press my fingernails harder into my skin.

"You all seem like nice people but my home is here. We have support, a family, and endless opportunities to thrive. Cameron and Lily are attached to all of us and it would be completely unfair to ask them to leave their homes. That isn't a decision kids should make." My voice is calm and even, but I don't feel that way. Everything I said was true. This is their home. This is where they belong. It is where I belong too and I am terrified that this life will be taken away from me again.

"Please! Sang isn't even 18. You all can't be much older. I will get my lawyer involved if I need too. That most certainly is not an issue." Mary threatens but the guys don't seem bristled.

My palms are on the verge of bleeding from my fingertips pressing so hard on the delicate skin. Sean's hand finds mine under the table and he carefully bends back every single finger until I have an open palm. He runs my hand up and down, then begins to draw circles on my palm. Some are small, others are large. Some of the circles are more like squares while other have patterns around them.

I focus on that instead of my pounding heart and I find that I can calm down slightly and pay more attention to what is happening.

Owen straightens beside me and I look to see him arching his shoulders back and putting on the best blank look I have ever seen. "We have tried to be nice but I don't think you understand what we can do to you Ms.Wilkins. These kids are our family and so is Sang-"

Owen gets cut off by Amanda. "You aren't even related. We are related by marriage." She gloats and Owen snaps.

"Next time you have a conversation like this Ms.Wilkins I suggest that you teach your daughters respect. It is incredibly rude to interrupt someone, and much worse to speak down upon people. Now let me finish what I was saying. Where I come from family is a choice. We have chose every single person in our family and I am very proud of our decisions. Now you might not know who I am or the connections I have but I can assure that if you do choose to sue for custody that you will not win and you will most certainly not have a better attorney than I do. I suggest you think very long and very hard about what you want to do because I most certainly can make your life a living hell.  Sang  and the kids are ours and not a damn person will take them away from me, or us. Now if you will excuse us I don't believe we will be having a cordial lunch with you today." Owen breathes out and his voice is strong and commanding.

Mary, Brianna, and Amanda look scared. Sean's hand envelopes my own and he pulls me from my seat. I follow easily, completely in shock. We exit the restaurant and Owen is on my heels while Sean is right beside me.

We get to the car and Sean pulls me to the backseat. He climbs in then helps me in while Owen goes to the front. I try to sit in my own seat but Sean drags me until I am sitting in his lap, and I let him because what just happened?

Sean wraps his arms around me and looks at my face. "Are you okay Sang?" Owen repeats the question from earlier and now my answer is completely different.

"Was what you said true?" My mouth is dry as I wait for an answer. Sean puts his hand on my cheek and urges me to look at him.

"Yes Sang it was. I promise it will be okay." I don't know why I find so much comfort in his promises, but I do.

Owen begins driving and I try to slide out of Sean's lap but he holds me right. "Owen will be careful. Your heart is racing. Take deep breaths." Sean instructs and I follow the best I can. I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth but it only helps a little.

Sean grabs my hand and places it on his chest, right where his heart is. I can feel the pitter-patter of it and I know Sean wants my heart rate to match his. The car is moving and I know we're going home. I don't even know what I'm worked up about.

"It's just overwhelming. Your emotions are high pookie and right now everything is overwhelming." Sean soothes and I choke.

"I said that out loud?" I whisper and he laughs.

"Yes you did. It's okay pookie. I've got you."

"I feel like all you have done today is coddle me. I'm literally sitting on your lap, on the verge of an anxiety attack, because im overwhelmed." I whisper but Owen must of heard me.

"That's what family does. It's a normal reaction Sang. Most people in your situation would be in a lot worse shape. Listen to Sean darling."Owen says while he makes a turn and I get the warm feelings again.

Hearing Owen call me darling is something I never thought I would hear m, but I love it. "There you go." Sean whispers and I realize my heart, and breathing has slowed down.

Sean tucks my head under his chin and his face rests in my neck for the rest of the car ride. Once the car stops moving I bring my head up and unwrap myself from Sean. He lets me go this time and when the door opens, I climb out with
Owen's help. "Thank you." I say out loud. It may sound like I'm saying thank you for the opening the door, but it is so much more.

"What would you like for lunch pookie?" Sean asks and I instantly shake my head.

"I'm not hungry." Nausea builds up in my stomach at the thought of eating. I don't want food.

"You haven't eaten anything today. Or last night I don't think. That isn't healthy." The doctor in Sean comes out.

We walk into the house and I walk to my room and take my shoes off then walk back out to the kitchen. "Thank you Dr.Green but I really am okay."

Owen smirks at that. "No you don't. No, no, no. You will not go back to calling me that unless it is Mr. and Mrs. Green that I am hearing." He says and I laugh but I also blush.

"Sang why don't you try eating a few apple slices? Easy on the stomach and full of liquids to help with hydration." Owen says as he hands me a plate of them.

I take the apple slices without argument and pop one in my mouth. I slowly chew and swallow it before eating another. I assume both men are satisfied because they stop staring at me and make their own food.

I check the time and there is still an hour before the kids get dropped off so I decide to do some Christmas shopping. I get out my phone and start looking things up that I know I really wanted to get Cam. "What are you doing?" Owen asks and I look up to him.

"I'm buying Christmas gifts. It's always easier for me to shop online." I tell him and he nods. He smiles and then it drops, disappearing completely.

"Sang?" Owen asks and I look up to acknowledge him. "Did your mom ever get you Christmas presents?" He asks and I know exactly where this is going.

"No. I'm sure my parents did when I was little but I can't remember it." I say it simply, exactly how it is.

"What about birthdays? Or Easter? Did you ever go trick or treating?" He fires off the questions and I wish I didn't have to answer them.

"No to all of them." There is a clang and I realize Sean has dropped a metal spoon.

"That's changing." Sean declares.

"There isn't a need. Cam knows that Christmas and all of the holidays aren't about the presents but he deserves them. Presents don't make a holiday." I firmly believe that.

"They may not but things are changing. Life is different and you are gonna her spoiled. Simple as that. Now you continue shopping." Sean has a scheming look on his face and it scares me what he might do, but I continue shopping nonetheless.

                     —————————
An hour later there is a knock on the door and I practically fall out of my chair trying to get to the door. I hear chuckles from the kitchen but I don't care. I collect myself and open the door. Cameron runs into me and almost knocks me over. I pick him up and put him on my hip. He wraps his arms around me and gives me a tight hug. "Hi Sang!"

"Hi. Did you have fun?" I ask and he shakes his head so hard I think he might get whiplash. Cameron slides down and runs to where Sean and Owen are standing. I see Phil standing there with a huge smile on his face and a smiling Lily.

I let Phil walk in and then grab Lily. I hold her against me. "Thank you so much Phil!" I smile at him and he shakes his head.

"I only have a minute to stay but don't worry about it. I would be willing to let them stay any time. Sang I hope you are doing well and I want to talk soon but I have to go. Do good sweetheart." He says and then talks to Owen and Sean for a minute but I don't pay attention.

              ———————————
For the rest of the day we hangout with the kids. I bake a few things with Cameron and we read books for at least 2 hours. I sing to Lily and she plays with Owen. I make everyone dinner and eat apple slices again because the second I tried to eat, I wanted to throw up.

The whole time Cameron talks about how much fun he had and how much he likes living here. That warms my heart more than I ever thought was possible. I'm glad he's happy. By the time it is Cams bedtime, he is exhausted. I have managed to do fine all afternoon and I think that is because of the kids. I missed them
More than I could ever explain. I take both kids to the bathroom and and get them ready for bed, then lay them down.
Once I make sure they are asleep I get ready for bed. I'm brushing my hair when Sean walks in, except he is dressed in scrubs. "Sang I got called into work. There was an emergency surgery and I am the only doctor who can do it. Are you going to be okay?" He is worried and I don't blame him. I have been a mess.

"I'll be okay." I wrap my arms around him and try to lighten the mood.
"I think it is my fault for calling you Dr.Green earlier." Sean laughs and kisses my forehead.

"You and Owen behave please." Sean says and I nod my head. We will.

"Okay. You behave and don't
Do anything undoctorly." I tell him and he nods.

"I'll be back early tomorrow. Get some sleep for me please." Sean says.

"I will." Sean nods, satisfied. He stares at me for a little longer then leans down and captures my lips with his. His face turns to the sids and kisses me deeper. After a minute he groans and backs off.

"You aren't behaving." Sean waggles a finger at me. "I better go before you get me in trouble." Sean leaves and I go back to brushing my hair but there is a weird feeling in my chest. I really did not want to sleep alone tonight.

I am about to get in bed when there is a knock on the door and Owen comes in. "Hi." I greet him.

"I was wondering if you would want to watch a movie in my room? I promise I won't start an argument." Owen says and he seems embarrassed about the second part.

I take a second to contemplate the
Decision. I really did not want to sleep alone in the first place and I enjoyed being in his arms. Before I can think I am standing up and following him to his room.

Once we get there he already has a random movie playing and he gets in bed. I crawl in on the other side and plan on leaving some space between us, but he pulls me down and I am lying on his chest. I wrap my arms around him and he does the same. The warmth from his body is unmistakable and k sink farther into him.

Over the past few days Owen has made a huge change. He is treating me like a queen and so lying here right now, just us, I figure it is the perfect time. "I forgive you."

Owen pauses the movie and turns to look at me. "No Sang. Not that easy. I should have to beg you for forgiveness. I should be on my knees ready to serve you. You can't forgive me that easy. Everything I did was unacceptable." He rambles on as he runs his hand up and down my back.

"That's the thing. You don't get to decide. You are taking care of me. You have been vulnerable and open. Just please don't go back to the other way. I wouldn't be able to handle it." I
Tell him honestly and he chokes slightly. Owen doesn't say anything, just continues stroking my back and taking complete care of me the rest of the night.

Right before I drift off into sleep I hear a faint "never" and I know it was Owen. He won't let me down.
————————————————————
Authors note: I now you enjoyed so much! I hope this chapter wasn't all over the place!

As always there will be mistakes and I am sorry for that!
Also thank you so much for all of the support o have received! That makes it all worth it!

This chapter was 7338 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 19.9K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
20.6K 1.1K 62
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...
31.1K 2.2K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...