Never Bend

By MiriamJ1

Annie doesn't know it, but magic surrounds her life and follows her every move. Between her recurring dreams... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1: Life, eternal flow
Chapter 2: Confusion
Chapter 3 : Astounded
Chapter 4 : The Unknown
Chapter 5 : Surprise, surprise
Chapter 6 : Mom
Chapter 7 : Mom part 2
Chapter 8 : Opposites attract
Chapter 9 : He and I
Chapter 10 : A new ME
Chapter 11 : Temptation
Chapter 12 : Killer Mood
Chapter 13 : Magic and desires
Chapter 14 : Suspicion
Chapter 15 : Plastic Doll
Chapter 16: Davon and Mom
Chapter 17 : Revelations
Chapter 18 : surprise
chapter 19 : In-Between
chapter 20 : In the open
chapter 21: Deliverance
Chapter 22: Truth revealed
Chapitre 23: Tailspin
Chapter 24: Storm
Chapter 25: Torrent
chapter 26: Spinning
chapter 27: pretending
Mom
Mom/Dad
Isabella and Annie
Extra 5: Davon/Damon finale

Danger ahead

52 5 32
By MiriamJ1

╔═════════════╗
Hope you like it!
It was exciting writing it.
MJ
╚═════════════╝

As food arrived, an awkward silence invaded our table in the restaurant. The magical bubble is down, we must now speack of moundain activities.

Feeling uneasy, round Lili and Ana, I chased to the subject.

"You see, since Lina hasn't been around, their jealousy peaked. They are so annoying and possessive about you. They think we spend to much time together and they are worried that we might develop some kind of relationship you and I. I need Lina back." I plead.

His lips curved upward and looked at me with his amused figure shuddering his shoulders as I spoke until I talked about Lina. His eyebrows raised for a second and he shook his head as he ate.

Men can be slow sometimes and he is no different. Can't he understand the pressure I am
in?

Unable to remain without eating the food on my plate, I grabbed a full bite on my hamburger and chew it. With every bite, an idea emerged in my mind.

"You don't get it," I sigh looking at him. "whenever I go to the bathroom, they fallow and nag me with questions. They even push the boundaries playing games just to get to me. One time one took my hair brush, only to pull it and pushed the audacity to crush me against the wall when I tried to move away." This last words made his eyes quiver. Was he mad at them? "Can't you just take them out on a date without me or something. Ease their minds would you, just so they will leave me alone?" Then I took another full bite.

Unmoved, he crosses his arms,
"Why do you bother? You are a predator, why can't you settle such a trivial matter?" Obviously, he was annoyed by my passive reaction to all that happened.

What was I to do? Fight them?  I could, I was getting good at that.

Glaring at him, I remained silent instead and took a zip of jus.

Unless he was suggesting the use of magic, after all he did so using people's thoughts against them so many times. I on the other hand, I would never use magic for such a trivial matter. It's a human matter and I will resolve it in a human way.

Lifting an eyebrow, " why is it so hard to give me some slack and let me do night lessons with Lina? You could use that time to dates and release your stress." I smirked.

He glared at me, his eye lid twitch for a second before he closed them. Then he looked for his phone and read a message making his face muscles twitched for a moment.

I dropped my fry, knowing that something was off. He waved at the server attendant. In no time, our plates were taken. Half of my hamburger went along with it, but his nervous tics filled my insides with stress and couldn't take a bite after that call.

" We are not heading home after all."

Taking a double take, I lifted my arms to my head and shook it.
" Not another crazy night with them! Let me go home."

After all that happened During the day, all I wanted was to find the comfort of my bed. My muscles ached due to stress I needed a long, relaxing bath. Not a pub filled with people, music and his friends.

He smiled making me pout.

"It's not what you think, I sent a message asking them to investigate a little on your father whereabouts."

My heart jumped out of my chest, "he contacted the resistance." My handbag tightly squeezed between my hands over my legs, I controlled my emotions keeping my thoughts from anyone around us.

"hum"  I nodded.

"We have someone to meet, so lets go." He said moving already in his chair reaching for his wallet.

"My dad, do you think..." I began unable to finish the sentence due to the whirlwind of emotions inside.

He lifted his shoulders without  losing his smile, giving me hope. I smiled back filled with joy.

The waitress came with the bill giving us a warm smile, her eyes moving between the two of us. I looked at her and give her a shy smile before looking at my bag knowing that she might have the wrong deduction about our situation.

Once she left, he continued,
" Hey, It's a real possibility, we are to meet the spy after all."

My pulse accelerating, my mind ravelled a thousand possibilities making my hands shake. "Spy." Reminding me of how that world was unlike this one. If Dad was there, this spy would know. 

Quietly, Tom handed his hand aver mine and guided me to the car and I followed him.

When the car was finally parked at the end of the parking lot were no cameras could see what us, we entered the woods. Surrounded by the darkness of the night, the forest seemed scarier, but I had no time to dwell on it. Tom grabbed me at my waist and teleported us to an unknown destination.

Adjusting my eyes to the dimmed light, I walked forward.
"I don't see anyone."
My sentence was cut short when an individual appeared behind me, pressing a knife along my main vein, holding me firmly with the other. 

His deep and menacing voice made my mind go blank.
"We are nothing else but a small link in a chain."

My hands turned cold.
Was this the guy? 
What did that even meant?

" I can fall, but the chain will resist." Tom answered walking toward us.

Blood rushed to my head, but I bit my lip instead of saying the bottom of my mind. 

"it will hold." They finished the sentence in unisson.

Extending the hand that was grabbing me until then, the stranger shook Tom's hand in an odd manner.

"Can someone explain what is going on here." My voice becoming hysterical, my emotions getting the best of me. "better yet can this guy remove the knife from my throat."

Tom nodded to the man.

He withdrew the knife from my throat and grabbed Tom's arm in a friendly manner before my incredulous eyes.

To some someone else, they might look like old friends, but I knew they didn't know each other. This was the way the unknown men Hunt, to celebrate the fact that he made it to his destination.

'What the hell with those two.
Couldn't they meet up in a more civilized manner.'

'Well had you let me sneak in, you wouldn't be playing the damsel in distress .' Leah pouts in my head.

Closing my fists, I chose to neglect her yet again and get my attention over their exchange.

" Many meshes were carefully placed, we began an infiltration, but nothing was as complicated as the mission I was granted. Many were sacrifice to reach the objective and even less came out alive." Weariness filling his features, I knew that he wasn't making this up.

With my heart pounding in my chest my throat twin fry, and I wished for a cup of water. I knew that what he is saying was true. His ragged dirty clothes and the blood covering them where prove enough.

" Do you mean they die?" I ask butting in noticing his elderly traits and his deep dark eyes.

He solemnly placed his hand to his heart.
"Honor and recognition to the fallen. Death is better than torture dear. We all pledged that sacrifice and is our only option, we are but a small pawn of a chessboard."

Stunned, I studied the man before me, bruised and injured with cuts from some sort of knives, it was clear that there was a battle raging somewhere where gunshots didn't exist. His vintage clothes along with the cape just showed how our worlds were different. So there was indeed another realm.

"Do you have any news?" Tom asks breaking the silence, after the man and his prayer.

"Several of those who have been abducted are still alive indeed. Women, children, men."

A chill runs through my spine preventing me from hearing more.

So it was true, the abductions existed, my father could be taken to that realm, could he? Summoning my courage, I couldn't hold it any longer. They need to know what's eating my insides.
"What about my..."

A hand appears close to my face making me stop, it was so fast that I thought he might slap me shut.

"Don't say anything that can identify yourself. I can't know who you are. It's a security protocol."

I frown in disbelief. How am I supposed to ask my questions?

Tom took a look at me, knowing what I wanted to desperately ask. After all, that's not the reason that I came here tonight.

"The man you were sent to find, is he alive?"

She's voice made me jump in place from one to another, but my nervousness was cut short when I heard a crack from the woods. We are not alone.

Silence fell upon us, the man taking a defensive position scouting the surrounding woods with his eyes.

Tom touched our shoulders and tried to teleport us away, but he couldn't. We were a whole captive under a magical dome. The only escape now was by foot.

"We have to fight our way out." Tom concluded making my belly drop with anxiety.

" don't get caught alive," the stranger commanded with a rough voice as if we where his warriors.

As he ended his motivational speech, two werewolves came to our view from behind the trees while a third was lurking from above a branch. They bid their way to us, the trees around us giving them the best camouflage.

The man next to me yelled a piercing war cry and flew towards the enemy already charging at us in a straight line. Many spells bounce back but they were enough to change the beast direction and preventing him from making a direct attack, giving him enough time to prepare a counterattack while using the trees to hide his intent.

Once close enough he went for a hand to hand battle taking a blade out from underneath his hood. He focused on attacking the back legs and the pit of his limbs. The knife shines under the moonlight in between the branches relieved of its leaves.  The blade was obviously too short to kill the beast, those lacerations, where the only way he had to keep him in one place.

I understood them that this was in his first fight. That's why it was the ligaments on the beast limbs buying time before they could regenerate and make his final blow. He knew that his spells whatever they were held no treat when facing a werewolf.

'Damn there is a human in there!!!'  How are we to fight them while we knew that?

"Tom? We run?" I ask with a trembling voice refusing to get into a hand to hand, deadly combat with a follow being.

"Fight.  Annie, use Leah." He toned steadily looking at me while I shook my head.

The second beast trowed itself on us after the one on top hissed a signal. I knew that it was a matter of time. It was surprising enough that he didn't do so before, as if the wolf on top was deliberating if we where a threat or not. 

Tom teleported us nearby to avoid the attack.

"but they will know," I just couldn't give away my possible identity turning my life upside down, but he wouldn't let me dwell. My eyes pleaded, though I new the precarious situation we where in. They would follow us anyway, but some irrational side of my heart hoped, they wouldn't.

Holding me by the shoulders, he slyly shook me back and forward,
" They will know anyway! Fight !" His annoyance was clear, he wanted me to fight and take a stand. I looked instead of him with doe eyes.
"You know what, have it your way and remain here until I get back unless you make your mind and fight for what is right."

With that, he used his magic to appear above his opponent, knocking him backwards. Tom didn't had a knife, he had to make do with his fists. How was he to take down his opponent with such means this was suicide? How couldn't he see that?

Mustering my courage, I looked around, hoping to find another solution, another way out that would involve killing people around.

" Why is the third just looking from above, why isn't it attacking ." A part of me wished, it was an opportunity. If I could talk with the human inside, then we could all make it out alive.

"Impossible! Scan the surroundings, a mage is controlling the leader on the tree, he is a puppet." Now kneeing his opponent face to the ground with his weight, he didn't even looked at me.

A puppet, then their human mind was fried leaving only the beast and it's shell. Driven by instinct, they need a master to tell them what to do and to keep them like a dog and a human.

Walking between the trees from where they came from, I finally saw an arm coming from behind a tree further away. Without Leah I wouldn't had noticed it since it was far away.

" I can see her." My voice slyly covering the pounding sound in my chest.

"  If she will call for reinforcements and we will be doomed. You have to stop her." He hastens to tell me while separating the werewolf arm bone from the marrow, sending a crackling poke sound that turned my hearing back to reality.

This was real, someone was to die and it couldn't be me.

Both men were busy, I had to take be the one to take care of her. Lifting the hood of my windbreaker to hide my identity, I added a spell to hold it in place.

"Please, let's make it out alive!" I whispered to Leah.

"We will."

——
Note
——

Hum, how do you feel about this?
Yes this story is about to end.
😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 283K 24
(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no, not one of these stories again where som...
16 3 3
Fate is a hunter, skill is no use and luck will eventually run out in dark, desperate times like these. How might I know this you ask? Simple. I'm fo...
276K 6.6K 34
You know the story of Harry Potter. Or so you thought... What if the Prophecy was tampered with. It changed and left out the most crucial details: Th...
112 29 29
Lily's been through a lot. Her 16th birthday was a night to forget. There's a coven plotting something big and she is stuck in some prophecy that she...