Falling petals

By Hi1444

To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to... More

Prologue
What the heck?!
Why Me...
So this is why emperors like to surround themselves with beauties.
Who're you???
So who shall watch over her?
May have lost the feeling called shame.
....Why is no one fucking ugly???
A Fight Through Words.
A Wild Wolf
The first Meeting of Lifelong Friends. Part 1
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.2
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.3
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.4
Dinnertime
I didn't give you permission
I died and gone to heaven
The Second Royal Child
The Second Royal Child Pt.2
A Fairy Like Women
Side story: A Grieving Man
An Unexpected Guest
Why?
The Meeting of Leaders
A Walk Through Memory Lane.
A/N A bit of that world.
A Sudden Visit of a Capture Target.
Buzz Off
Don't Abandone Me Please
Lets be Friends
I'm Sorry.
Let's Help her Make More Friends!
A Sudden Meeting.
Her Smile
Sakura's Fate.
Nightmares.
A/N: A bit about this world
The Holy Priest
Best friend.
Are You Kidding Me...
Tragic First Love.
Her Fears.
An old Friend.
A promise.
The First Move.
Powerful Game Piece.
Kano's Devotion.
In position.
Change of Plans.
Commence the Plan.
What Went Wrong?!
Found.
Find a Way out.
What Type of Coincidence is This!?
Villainess vs. Villain
Deceiving
One of Many Ends.
Escape.
Hiding.
Finally.
Home.
Bath.
Shame on me.
Changes.
Sleep.
Imprisonment.
How did you know?
Side Story: 3 year old Sakura.
Adonis and Darius
No Thanks.
Magic
A Change
The Past should remain in the Past.
What is Happening!?
A Nightmare or a Prophecy
Release Them.
The Battle.
What will Happen in the Future?
Finally Heading Home.
Old Memories.
What the future will hold.
"From the first Dream..."
Too much of a Coincidence.
Are this things Valuable? Pt.1
Are this things Valuable? Pt.2
How do you know the Language?
Protect Him.
The Last Tear. part 1
The Last Tear. part 2
Through the eyes of the Divine.
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.)
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.) part 2
Hidden Away.
What the Dreams Show.
The History of Magic
Control over Magic.
Controlling the flow of energy.
A Meeting of Friends.
Healing Wounds.
A Personal Servant
Hello Again.
Unwelcomed Guest.
What do you Know?
A Deal pl.2
I Died by your Hand too.
Fallen Ill
A Message
What are you?

A Deal. Pt.1

1K 57 11
By Hi1444

"What!?"

Mihkael rose quickly at the sudden words.

"Please sit down pa. Listen to me first."

"Sakura! How can I be calm!? Why haven't you told us before! If you know a way we should have quickly try it!"

Mihkael wanted her to reveal the whole thing, he didn't want to wait another second in finding a way to cure his wife.

"Calm. Down."

Contrary to the joy and emotional response her father had. She was calm.

"Mihkael. Let's first listen to what she says."

Raphael who grew to understand Sakura even more through the years noticed her demeanor.

'Finding the cure to her mother's ailment, or even heading to an answer to curing her would have normally made anyone as happy as Mihkael, especially since it is her own mother... however, I've seen this look in Sakura. A composed business like image... an image of an outsider who is telling a person a solution they need; but for a price. Sakura right now isn't the one we normally interact with. And I have to bring Mihkael back to a rational level so he notices it as well.'

"But-!"

"Mihk."

Raphael places his hand in his shoulder and lightly taps it three times with his index finger, which does bring Mihkael back to a more stable state.

He glances at Sakura. A silence ensues between them.

"Calm now?"

"... yes."

"Good. Then I'll proceed with what I can for now."

"Wait a moment. Can we have Seraph here to hear it as well. I believe he would like to know what you mean by what you said and why Caspian would have anything to do with finally healing your mother."

"That is fine by me. Bring him over and I will continue."

Both men looked at the other and Raphael nodded to Mihkael which gave a nod back. But before Raphael left, he whispered something to Mihkael and then left.

Now only Sakura and Mihkael remain in the room, with a few hidden guards remaining beside them.

None of the two spoke. Rather, Sakura leisurely took a few bites of cake that was placed before her and Mihkael just remained watching.

'Raphael really does understand Sakura better than me.'

A small self-deprecating smile reached his lips.

'I was consumed at the possibility of finally seeing my precious Aurora awake and walking that I have not even noticed the appearance of Sakura. Not once was there a look of joy or... of anything. Only someone who appears to be speaking of business.

Yet it took a signal from Raphael for me to notice something so obvious. Something he noticed in an instance. Really... what type of father am I? I thought after this years of being beside her I would have finally noticed many things of my jewel. Yet it appears that I have to learm more than ever to reach the level of Raphael's knowledge.'

"Are you ok?"

"Huh?"

"You have that self-scolding look."

"Ah. Do I?"

"Yeah. But I don't see why you should."

"Huh?"

"It is understandable why you reacted like you did. I believe anyone would have reacted like you if they heard a loved one was finally getting treatment for whatever they had that made them horribly sick. So you didn't overreact or did something to be making that face."

Her words were direct and clear, yet when she spoke, rather than feeling reassured, he felt even worse.

'You are right. Yet why does it seem as if your speaking of someone who has nothing to do with you? Have you pushed us so far away that even your mother isn't allowed in your heart? Just what happened in the future that you feel that it is right to keep such a distance from us?'

"Mihk."

"!.. Seraph."

A man with stormy hair and a beautiful yet sophisticated face rushed inside with Raphael and surprisingly Uriel right behind them.

"Seraph! Don't just run before I can finish speaking."

"I don't have to hear the whole thing to understand my sister can finally be cured!"

Different from his usual composed image, he was visibly overwhelmed and visibly affected by the news.

"I see uncle Uriel is here too?"

"Ah- yes, I was heading out but noticed Seraph and Raphael speaking and then decided to follow along."

"I see... well either way, it is fine. So, can I begin?"

"Sakura?"

Seraph appeared confused that she would be the one speaking about this matter so he turned to Raphael.

Sighing, Raphael just points for the rest to sit down while he explains.

"This is why I told you to listen. It appears that Sakura and Sir Caspian may know the way to cure Aurora. However she hasn't told us yet since we wished to have you here to hear it as well."

"Sakura and that holy knight? Why would both of them know if they have never been once near Aurora. Ah- sorry for saying that."

"No offense taken, I understand you guys are just trying to protect me from seeing my mother in such a state "

Taking another sip of the iced black tea. She waited for them to place their full attention to her.

"Father already knows and most likely you as well uncle Seraph; that the holy knight Caspian of the holy empire suddenly decided to make a visit to my palace.
Now, you would wonder why such a knight of great prestige would visit a child he meet maybe five times in his life. And why we activated a silencing device so not even the hidden guards father placed around me can hear in on the conversation."

"... we were a bit curious on why you did so, even covering your mouths so not even reading your lips was possible."

Only a smile reached her lips after Seraph said that.

"Yes well; one can never be too careful. Even if they are guards father trusts: I don't."

Glancing up, she quickly moved her eyes away and continued.

"I made a deal with Caspian."

"!? When was this?"

"Two years ago in the second birthday of Kenneth. When Caspian came as the representatives for his kingdom- well, empire. There was a moment where I was able to have a discussion with him when everyone was distracted in searching for Kenneth, who 'suddenly' went missing."

"You had something to do with that?"

Seraph quickly caught something in her voice and narrowed his eyes at the sudden revelation.

"..."

"Sakura?"

"I knew he was safe and would be found in less than ten minutes."

"He was just a two year old child!"

"And he returned unharmed, didn't he."

She stated it with such coldness that the men around her didn't know what to say.

"That is not important right now, what is important is the deal I was able to make with Caspian."

"..."

"Are you intrested to know or not?"

"... fine, but we would like to hear about Kenneths disappearance after."

Doing a mental roll of the eyes she just nodded to Mihkael's words.

"Returning to topic. I used the chance to tell Caspian of a few traitors living inside his home. How a few priests and apprentices were working for the corrupted cult ba-cough-Men. I told him I would tell him the rest of the traitors in exchange for a deal."

"And he believed you?"

"No. Why would he listen to a five year old child who only roamed inside her palace and no where else except for the occasional parties.
However he had the information and out of curiosity checked on the info I gave him and lo and behold; I was right. Now he had to listen to me if he wanted the rest of the traitors. But that is a discussion for another time. What was important was to pique his interest to even make that move to check."

"But didn't he ever question how you knew? Weren't you placing yourself in danger for giving him such information."

"You are right. He did question my source."

"What have you said?"

Seraph as well understood as much as Sakura did about Caspian and the brainwashing done in that place. Caspian would not have thought twice of grabbing Sakura and taking her away if he learn of her dreams. So he was truly curious what she told him for that to not have occured.

"I told him it was not his business to know. And if he pressured me for the information then I will not tell him the rest of the information he would need, and even if he tried anything by saying I'm protecting those traitors I would just act like an ignorant child and get away with if with just tears and cluelessness. Because really?
Who would believe a child would know such information and understand the important of such information? Especially a five year old."

She finished with a mocking laugh and just shrugged her shoulders in amusement when Caspian did threaten to tell others that she had such information.

What she told her dad was exactly what she said to him.

'Of course. He did threaten to use the forbidden truth magic on me to confess what I knew, so I just threaten him back.'

***
"I do not believe your highness would be able to leave as you wish if I used truth magic on you."

A five year old stared at the man and her childish innocent face held an expression a child would normally not have at that age toward an adult. A sneer and mockery in her eyes spoke volumes of what she thought of the words of that man opposite of her.

"I would say I may be imagining it, but I feel as if you find my words a joke."

The man held a neutral and calm smile, yet if taking a closer look to his eyes, a chilling tone revealed a the opposite of what he was displaying.

"Well.. you can try to, and I bet they would agree with you to use forbidden magic like that if it is needed for the wellbeing of the kingdom, or even the continent."

She stated it all rather calmly which caused a change in his expression.

"Oh? Not keeping that facade of yours anymore?"

"It seems that you have already seen past it, so why bother keeping it up."

"Hohoho~ such a wise man you are."

"Get to the point of why you believe I would not have that magic used on you for you to appear so calm."

A innocent smile reached her lips after he finished speaking, however contrary to that beautiful and adorable appearance, the next few words that left her lips send a chill down Caspian's back.

"If you do, I may accidentally reveal the location of my bastard sister and her mother to my father and uncles."

A/N: forgive me for the cliffhanger!!! 😭🙇‍♀️ I'm just a horrible author who has a horrible creativity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 11 8
Zillael. A large country in the mountains, that was boasted of holy, righteous glory and best known for its pure clean lands, fresh crisp air, b...
699 39 17
Li Jade was a force to be reckoned with. one of the top business women in the world haven't reached the status of a self-made trillionaire at the age...
3.9K 137 20
[BOOK 1/2] The story about a girl who fell into Wonderland was repeated hundreds of years later. A poor girl falls into a hole in London on a full mo...
121K 5K 29
I, Ishihara Jun was killed in a plane crash at the age of 18. I was on my way to a job interview in South Korea when another plane hit ours. I protec...