Family ties

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Leah Stevenson is her name. She lives a happy life unbeknownst of the things that had happened... More

A/N
Introduction
Characters
(1) Flashback
(2) Kingstons & Stevensons
(3) Story
(4) Plan
(5) Attack
(6) Troy
(7) Dean & Chase
(8) Back to LA
(9) Reunited
(10) Home
(11) Old Mafia, New Don
(12) Hostages
(13) Almost caught
(14) News spread
(16) Plan initiated
(17) A new face
Characters
(18) Plan sucessful
(19) Caught
(20) Finally!
(21) Reunited
(22) Reunited- part (2)
Characters
(23) Meeting her
(24) Revelations
(25) Revelations- part (2)
(26) Shocker
(27) Family huh?
(28) Meeting them again
(29) Official Mafia meet
(30) Dinner
(31) Date?
(32) School
(33) A Problem
(34) Threat
(35) Unexpected guest
(36) Mason's story
(37) Sunday
(38) Bye, mother
(39) Preparations
(40) Annual Mafia Gala
(41) Attack
(42) Truth
(43) Aftermath
(44) Talk
(45) Bad news
(46) Out in the open
(47) Living together
(48) Another attack
(49) Vacation?
(50) London
(51) Barely escaped
(52) Goodbye
(53) Matter at hand
(54) Apologise
(55) Intruder
(56) H for Hostage
(57) New plan
(58) Apology
(59) Decisions
(60) Goodbyes
(61) Theo
(62) More problems
(63) Making things right
(64) Sneaking
(65) Anniversary dinner
(66) Anniversary dinner- 2
Thank you!

(15) First Day

6.1K 382 112
By _crazy_hooman_

Leah's POV:

Today was going to my first day back.

I have been given a leave for a week the day we returned. I had gone to the meeting and after that I had another four days to rest.

My hand injury was better now. It didn't hurt unless I press on it.

I was getting ready in my room. I wore my usual jeans and a comfortable top.

I had no mission today so I didn't need my gear and my gym clothes are there in my bag if I decide to train today, which I mostly will have to.

Once I was done I headed downstairs. Dad and Grace had left early in the morning like they told me they will so the house was empty.

I grabbed my bag and left my house locking the door behind me.

I walked to my garage for my ride. I got on my bike and put my helmet on and drove out of the gates.

Just when I was out something ran in front of me and I pull my brakes the right second.

What the fuck?

I didn't even have to remove my helmet to check what it was. I heard it's bark and my jaw clenched.

I pull my helmet over my head and glanced at the menace. Mrs Altman's dog was barking his lungs off at me.

"Oh look who it is, Mr I'll bark at whoever I want", I grit my teeth.

The small yet fiesty dog barked louder.

"You wish to die or what? Not that I mind, but still. This is a vehicle that can flatten your skin dude. What's in your mind?", I glare at the dog.

He kept barking aggressively.

"Barky! Oh my barky!", Mrs Altman suddenly came rushing out of her house.

Yup his name is barky. No comments. Respect the old lady.

Barky here decided to immediately stop barking. This brat!

"Ah so this was your plan huh? Make her blast at me", I whisper shouted at the dog.

He merely licked his nose. My neighbour quickly picks him and examines him from head to toe.

"You little girl! Where you trying to kill my precious barky?!", Mrs Altman glared at me.

Yeah sure.

She crushed the dog between her hand and body making him squirm. I smiled evilly looking at the little trouble maker. Serves you right buddy.

"Oh Mrs Altman, you know I wouldn't do that. He's a dev- I mean angel. I wasn't trying to kill him. He was", I gave her a tight smile.

"Oh really?", She narrowed down her eyes at me.

"Yes! You should take him to a therapist. I think he just attempted suicide. He just ran in front of my bike", I said dramatically.

"What?", She gave a ridiculous look.

"Yup. Believe me he's just tired of your Pussy, the cat", I said sighing deeply.

Again don't ask. Respect the old lady.

"No! Barky and Pussy are best of friends", She refutes immediately.

"Hmm I don't know. I think it's because you give her more attention than him and he's just feeling lonely", I said dramatically cooing at the dog.

She thought it over for a second.

"Take my suggestion put him on a leash. Even pussy", I grinned wide.

She looked at me. Her old mind was running. She narrowed her eyes down at me.

"Oh I get it now. You want my poor barky on leash that's why you're making ridiculous theories about suicide. You don't like my dog", Mrs Altman huffed.

Ahh finally someone gets it.

"That obvious?", I muttered to myself.

"What if you had run over my little barky", She said fiercely.

"Oh nothing. Just a couple stitches", I shrug.

She gasped loudly.

"What are you saying Leah? Oh my! I will have a talk about this with David", She said frowning.

Awesome.

"As you wish. Now can I go? Unlike some angels I can't just bark all day. I need to work", I smiled glaring at the dog.

He barked again as if he knew I was insulting him.

"David will surely hear about this now!", She said annoyed.

"Okay. Bye Mrs Altman", I grinned putting my helmet back.

Before she could say anything else I sped away.

Great. Now she will complain to Dad who will then lecture me about how to be a good neighbour to old people.

I mean I get it. I'm mean to dogs and old ladies, but that's only because they're to me as well.

That little pussy and barky love my father. They never bark or scratch at him. But Grace and I? Oh they hate us.

My father having no option always asks us to let it go. He says that we can't really fight with an old lady who already suffered a heart attack. Then also because he's a good man he refuses to behave rudely to animals.

Doggy and Kitty are adorable little animals for him.

I soon reach my base. I park my bike in my place and walk inside. Just when I was going to walk through the inside gates I heard a yell.

"No! Stop!", Someone yelled from behind me.

I immediately raised my hands in surrender like in the movies and slowly turn.

I saw Finn, the security head, running towards me.

"What's going on? I'm innocent", I joked.

He chuckled.

"I know. Sorry for yelling like that. Actually you aren't registered into the system so if you would have walked through the door a nasty loud alarm would have gone through the place", Finn smiled.

"Huh? What alarm?", I asked confused.

"Actually Dean and I have arranged this for security measures. You were on leave when the remaining members got verified and registered into the system", Finn explained.

"Ah I get it. But then why did the guard let me in without a question?", I asked curiously.

"He must have recognised you. Owen informed me and the current stationed guy at the outer gates that you'll be coming. The outer gates have a different type of security measure. To pass through the inner gates and access the mafia estate you need to have permission or in our case authorisation through registration", Finn explained patiently.

"Oh I getcha", I nod in understanding.

"So come I'll get you registered", He said that and I followed him to a huge machine.

"Once you're registered the gates will open for you without any problem. It's just the strangers they'll yell for", Finn explained to me.

"Okay", I smile.

Once everything was done he asked to stand in front of the gates. I went and I did. In mere seconds it opened on it's own.

"Cool", I grinned.

"All thanks to the tech team", He chuckled.

I nod and wave bye to him. He waved back and I walk inside the estate.

I glanced at the fields and saw some drills were taking place. Some men were jogging around the field. Few whose shift is over or are in their breaks I'm assuming were just sitting in groups under the trees chatting.

I walk inside the building and head for Owen's room. I didn't know where it was yet so I thought of asking someone.

I look around and spotted Levi talking to two somewhat identical people. One girl. One boy.

Levi is one of my friends from the gang. Sweet and a good fighter. We two have trained a lot together.

"Hey Levi", I called out.

He turned and looked at me.

"Oh hey Leah. You're back", Levi smiled wide.

Suddenly as if the hearing my name triggered something those two people he was talking to snapped their heads towards me.

"Yeah finally. Since it's technically my first day I'm not sure where Owen's office is. Can you tell me?", I asked.

"Oh sure. It's on the third floor, right side of the corridor. There are many offices there, but you'll find his", Levi told me.

"Thanks", I smile and wave at him.

He waved back and I gave one last look to the girl and the boy who were still looking at me as if analysing me.

Are all former mafia members this weird?

I then got inside a lift and pressed the third floor button. Once I get out I walk down the right corridor.

Many were walking by but my attention was on the office labels. After passing two offices I spotted Owen's.

OWEN MEYERS

Second-in-command

I smirked looking at that sign and knocked on the door. I heard a come in and I pushed the door and poked my head inside.

"May I come in Mr. Meyers?", I spoke in a deep built voice.

Owen who was working on his laptop looked up at me and smiled wide.

"Hey! Bitch shut up and just come in", Owen rolled his eyes smiling.

I chuckled and walked in. I plopped down on the chair opposite to him and smiled looking at him.

"Finally you're back huh", He smiled resting his hands on the table.

"Yup. Ah I feel great", I sigh peacefully.

"Good. Also you're not late, but I thought you'll be early on your first day", Owen smiled teasingly.

"I would have been if barky hadn't planned a suicide in front of my bike", I scoff.

"What?", Owen looked at me in confusion.

"Forget it. No animals were harmed on my way here is all you need to know", I waved it off.

"Again what?", Owen raised his eyebrows.

"My neighbour", I groan.

Owen made an O face and nodded in understanding.

"Anyway Mrs.Altman and barky were in a mood. Then I got registered downstairs by Finn. Then Levi told me where your office was. Hence my plan to come early failed", I concluded.

Why do I even try?

Owen chuckled in amusement. He was going to say something when his phone rang. He picked it up.

"Hello", He spoke.

I picked up the glass ball on the table and started playing with it.

"Yeah? For what?", Owen asked curiously over the phone.

I look at him.

"Oh yes yes. I remember. Sure I can do that. Yeah done", Owen replied in the phone while looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he shakes his head. Then he ended the call and I put that ball down.

"Fancy office", I said looking around.

"It is. It's very comfortable as well. Theo is arranging for the best furniture and equipment for all offices, gyms and other areas", Owen informed me.

"Theo?", I asked with a surprised smile.

"Yeah. He doesn't prefer Don or sir from me. He said Dad is practically family to them which means so am I. So I don't have to call him sir. He said his friends call him Theo so", Owen shrugged.

I nod in understanding.

"He asked Lan also to call him Theo, but Lan always forgets", Owen said amused.

"Not surprised. I'll be proud if he doesn't piss his pants in front of the Don", I snickered.

Owen chuckled and nodded.

"Okay see ya. Get back to work. I just came to see you. I'll go train for a while", I said standing up.

He nods and waved bye. I smile and walk towards the door and just when I was going to open it he called me.

"Yeah?", I asked turning.

"All the best", Owen smiled.

"Huh? Why?", I asked in confusion.

"Oh nothing.. just first day wishes", Owen grinned shrugging.

I look at him in confusion and he just smiled cheekily like he knew something I didn't. I roll my eyes and walk out after a final wave.

And I thought only former mafia members are acting weird.

I walked out. I wanted to go see Lan as well, but I remember him texting me about having a meeting in the morning.

So then I head towards the gym in the next building. I change into my comfortable clothes for workout. I walk out of the changing room and headed to the gym.

Many more guys and some girls were already working out when I came in. I paid them all no attention and put of my ear plugs and played some music. I started with my routine workout.

After one hour of intense workout I decided to take a water break. I sat down on one chair and wiped my face off the sweat with a towel.

Suddenly out of nowhere a hand came in front of my eyes very close to my face. I jerked my face way in reflex and smacked the hand away. I turn to find a guy standing there looking at me with a smile.

What's with the weird things going on?!

"Hi, sorry for that. I called you several times, but you didn't listen", He said pointing at my ear.

I stare at him weirdly and removed my ear plugs. I then raised my eyebrow at him asking him what did he want.

"Boss wants to see you. He asked me to inform you", He said.

"Boss as in the Don or his father?", I asked standing up and putting my phone and ear plugs away.

"Don and also he's in the main building", He said.

I nodded and he left.

I sigh and walk out of the gym and headed to the same building Owen and others have their offices at. That is the main building. I walked past many other members and stepped outside the building.

Just when I did I felt some movement behind me. In reflex I turned and caught a hand which was aimed towards my face from behind.

The guy was holding a glass bottle which would have easily smashed on my head.

I frown grabbing the guy's wrist whose's face I just recognised to be the guy who I had just met at the gym.

"What the hell man?", I shouted angrily.

My shout got everyone's attention around us and at the field.

The weirdo guy just smirked and raised his other hand which had another glass bottle. I quickly grabbed that hand to stop him.

This better not be some ragging shit to new members or younger ones.

This time I didn't ask anything and with force smacked my head forward on his causing him to stumble back. I took a step forward and planted a karate kick on his stomach making him fall down and in turn causing the bottles to break on the ground.

"Who are you?", I demanded.

He didn't reply, but instead swiftly moved his legs across mine making me lose my balance and fall down. He jumped on me and tried to punch my face. I blocked it just in time and used my hands and legs and threw him forward and from over me.

I flipped back on my legs and turned to face him. He stood up and aimed a punch at my face which I blocked again and sent a punch of my own his way.

He grabbed his nose stumbled back clutching it. He winced looking at me. I glare at him and took a step forward and to my surprise the guy started running away towards the field.

"Hey!", I yelled and ran behind him.

Shockingly none of the mafia members came to help or do something about this intruder.

I swear this better not be some stupid tradition to annoy the members on their first day.

I ran faster behind that guy and when I spotted a bunch of sticks on the ground which are used for weapons training I paused and picked up one and threw it at that guy. His feet stumbled on that and he fell face first.

I ran towards him. I flipped the guy over and sat on him. He used his legs to push me away, but I used my legs to lock his. I tightly grab his hands and glanced to my side.

Everyone was just looking at us like this was some freaking show or something. I spotted Finn there standing among others.

"I thought strangers aren't allowed inside without permission?", I spoke trying to heep my hold tight on the squirming guy.

Maybe this guy was some intruder?

"That's right", Finn nods with a smile, but didn't do anything else.

I look down and used one hand to slap the guy hard across his cheek. He stopped squirming that second and stared at me in shock.

"Will you stop? Who the fuck are you and what is your problem?", I demanded furiously.

His jaw clenched and he flipped me on the side. I quickly stood up and he was now holding his cheek and nose which was bleeding.

Suddenly I felt immense pain on my back. I winced and turned quickly just in time to see one of the identicals from earlier. The boy to be more precise standing there with a rod.

I was losing patience and my anger was on the peak now. My back was aching and I was already tired from the intense workout.

What is wrong with the former members?!

He spinned his rod expertly at me clearly aiming to either knock me down or gouge my eyes out.

I immediately did a round house kick and knocked the weapon off his hand. He didn't waste time and charged at me. He threw a punch at me and then a kick following it. I endured both.

He smirked when I pretended to lose my step. idiot

He that second sent a sharp kick towards me which would have probably given me a intense burn in the stomach if I hadn't stopped it mid-air.

He was clearly not expecting this and was surprise at how quickly I gained my balance.

I slam his leg down with force using my elbow clearly causing him pain. He took a step back, but I didn't waste my time. I jumped and sent a mid-air kick to him. He stumbled and bent down wincing in pain when I hard punched his thigh.

I didn't get time to breathe as I now had another attacker on my neck. His twin sister came running towards me out of somewhere in the crowd.

I slipped past her and elbowed her on the back. She swiftly turned like that didn't cause her any pain and punched my face.

Okay that hurt

I raise my hand to defend my face as she then threw continuous punches on my face. My hands hurt where she hit. I use my full body strength and body slam her on the ground making her grunt in pain.

I raise my hand to hit her when someone caught hold of it from behind. I turn to see that it was her twin. He grabbed my hand and twisted it.

"Ah", I let out a small wince.

I stood up immediately and stomped the guy on his leg. He winced loudly and grabbed my neck from behind with one hand and my right with other. The girl stood up and charged at me. She sent a punch to my stomach.

Man I was exhausted and hurt.

I back skulled the guy causing him to lose his grip on my neck. The girl didn't attack when she had the chance. The guy caught hold of my left hand also.

I used my full strength and jumped with my weight on my hands which the guy was holding and kicked the girl in front of me with both the legs. She fell down and gasped in clear pain.

The guy turned me over and raised his hand which I quickly caught hold of and twisted it behind his back making him almost yell in pain. Then after a second I let go and push him forward causing him to fall down.

By this time I was breathingly heavily. My body was aching.

I put my hand on my knees and bend down to catch my breath seeing neither were going to stand up.

This is what happens when you miss a week's workout. Pain everywhere.

Suddenly I heard a clap. I looked up to see Levi grinning wide as he clapped for me.

The guy who I fought first stood next to him looking at me impressed. People around them just stared at me in shock and raised eyebrows.

I had just got an idea of what was happening maybe when I saw Levi's expression change looking behind me.

I quickly turned and did a round house kick to whoever was standing there, but my kick was stopped mid-air shocking me.

I looked at the guy and my jaw clenched. For being in his late 20's he sure was well built and strong.

"Are you kidding me?!", I yelled angrily.

"Nope", Sam smiled happily at me.

I realised what was going on. Sam let go of my leg and I stand there glaring at him. He was the head fighter.

Three people against one! Is he crazy or what?!

I was still angry. I raised my hand to punch him which he easily dodged.

"Okay that's enough", I heard someone order.

Sam and I turn to see Theodore standing there. Infact not just him. Emmett, Dean, Lan and Owen were there too.

They all were staring at me with an impressed smile.

I relaxed my body and looked at where Levi was standing and saw the twins and joined them as well. There were so many mafia guys looking at me with a face I can only assume is respect.

Then suddenly I'm flipped down on my back by none other than fucking Sam.

Ow!

"What the fuck man? Enough means enough!", I glared at him reeling the pain in my back.

"So your reflexes are not as strong when you're tired. Hmm", Sam nods talking to himself and completely ignoring what I said.

"Sam", Our Don frowns in a scolding tone.

Sam grinned back at him not affected at all.

I sat straight to curse at him when I suddenly had an idea. I immediately held my right wrist where I was shot and pretended to gasp in pain.

"Leah!", I heard shouts of worry.

I cradled my hand to my body when Sam crouched down immediately.

"Fuck that's the hand you got shot at", Sam said in concern.

He leaned forward to check my hand and I took the opportunity to punch his face and push him down on the ground backwards catching him off guard. I quickly put him in a restraining lock using my hands and legs.

"Ha", I smiled sweetly at his shocked face.

Everyone stared at me in utter shock. Even the Don.

Absolute silence for a second.

"You asshole", I shake my head looking at Sam.

He just grinned back as he snapped back from the shock. I stood up releasing him and dusted my hands off.

"Now seriously enough. My body is screaming", I raise my hand to warn him.

Sam nods smiling.

"Amazing Leah. Till date not many have managed to catch Sam off guard", Emmett smirked.

I smiled a bit.

"Same. I was worried there for a second. I thought your wound opened up or something", Owen put his hand on his heart.

I grinned wide. This almost worked like an unplanned prank.

"Yup I was prepared to bash Sam considering he knew you were shot", Theodore said with a smile.

I looked at Sam and he was smiling looking at me.

"Are you okay you freaking idiot", Lan frowned at me.

I nod chuckling. Many snickered.

"I must say I am genuinely impressed Leah. I mean it's not that I haven't seen you in action before, but this was different and well..awesome', Dean smirked.

I smile and nod thankfully.

Levi rushed to me and hugged me tight. I winced a bit because I was sore after the fight.

"Sorry!", Levi smiled apologetically.

I waved it off.

"So Sam how was it huh? I told ya she's good", Levi smirked proudly.

Sam smiled and nodded. Everyone looked at him, but he looked at me and started talking.

"I knew you were good. I've seen your record. For someone your age being in this business for only a couple months I was impressed. But of course I wanted to see more. So I planned all this", Sam started explaining.

"I figured that if I inform you and put you up with any of the fighters you'll do good because you'll be prepared for it. So that's why I had this sudden attack planned on you to check how you react to it", Sam smiled.

I nod in understanding.

"I put you up with three to check the number of people you can fight after a hard workout. I wanted to check your stamina in this too so I planned this after your gym training", He explained.

I listen to him intently like everyone else.

"I wanted to see how you respond to simple but strong weapons when you yourself were defenseless. Hence the glass bottle and rod. Don't worry I had instructed them not to kill you. I'm not cruel ", Sam smiled in amusement.

I looked at him with narrowed down eyes.

"Levi and the twins Kate and Shane are already a part of my team. I asked the twins to fight you to see how you respond to their training and obviously check their performance as well. Like one stone two birds", Sam said pointing at them.

Those two gave me small smile and I nodded back.

"I knew Levi can't be put against you as you would immediately realise what is happening and plus you and Levi have fought before in your gang days so you would obviously be familiar with his technique. So I added my recent recruit who has just started training", Sam said pointing at the first guy I fought.

"She slapped me so hard", The guy pouts holding his red cheek.

Everyone laughed loudly. I grinned.

"You volunteered", Sam pointed out.

"Yeah, but still. Ow", The guy whines.

We all chuckled.

"I knew fighting two people when you're genuinely tired would be a task. I didn't expect you to win. I wanted to see how you manage them and your strength and reflexes were in my mind", Sam added.

I sigh and look at those two twins.

"Sorry babe. Had orders. Hope didn't cause you too much damage", Kate grimaced.

"I understand. Don't worry", I smiled

"If it's any consolation. You managed to kick some serious ass", Shane pouts.

Everyone chuckled again.

"Yeah well during the fight I guessed what was happening when you two weren't using a lot of force when it came to my hand. You sometimes slowed down your moves or even gave me time when both were at my neck. So there was a little bit advantage", I smiled shrugging.

"Ah you're being modest. You're really good", Kate smiled.

I smiled thankfully.

"I told them all to stay clear of your right wrist. But I knew you would feel atleast some pain when you use your hand yourself. So sorry for that", Sam smiled apologetically.

I nodded in understanding.

"Sam called me up when Levi, Kate and Shane informed him of your arrival", Owen spoke up.

I look at him and he continues. Ah the phone call and random all the best.

"We all already knew he will be testing you so that's why no one helped you obviously. Even though Lan and I weren't sure if you should fight this soon after your injury we thought you could handle it as you kept us updated about your wrist feeling better", Owen smiled sheepishly.

Lan nods frantically.

"Yeah and also it's been four days and Sam had to submit his team report to me. Others had elected their teams and only he was remaining as he was waiting for your return", Emmett smiled softly.

Sam nods with a smile and I sigh hearing all that.

"All in all I think you were really good. Despite all the disadvantages you managed to impress me. I think I see why Boss said you were one of his best fighters in his gang", Sam smiled impressed.

"Well thanks, but I will say that you have a unique way to test", I nod smiling back.

Some mafia members chuckled obviously sharing the same thought.

"Leah Sam has always had a different way of analysing or testing people. His way may not always seem ordinary, but he gets good results and that's why we trust him", Theodore smiled.

I nod at him and look back at Sam.

"Thank you sir", He smiled thankfully at our Don.

Even though he's older than Theodore she shows respect to him. I can see why our Don chose him as a leader. He's not just good at what he does, he's perfect for younger fighters to look up to.

"So..what do you say about being a part of my team and assisting me in my job?", Sam offered with a bright smirk on his face.

I stared at him in shock. Holy what?!

I heard gasps from Owen and Lan. Levi looks at me eagerly. Kate and Shane look at me with a expectant smile.

I turned to look at Theodore who was grinning. Emmett was very happy. Dean smirked in amusement like he knew my answer

"Are you sure?", I asked Sam still in shock.

"Yes. I would like you to join my team Leah", Sam smiled confidently.

All the mafia members stared at me.

"Hell yeah", I grinned wide.

Levi shouts in happiness. Owen and Lan come and hug me congratulating me over and over. Sam smiled happily.

"Emmett you can expect my report to be ready now. I just have to sign it, now that I'm sure and confident", Sam smiled.

"Can't wait", Emmett replied with a smile.

The mafia members standing around us all cheered for me and congratulated me.

Dean came and patted my back saying Troy and Chase will go crazy when the hear about this.

I then look at my Don and he seemed proud. He nods at me with a smile which I happily return.

Yay!

Today was one of my best days at work. I was genuinely happy with what I had achieved.

I was in a happy mood when I went back home that evening. I was humming and skipping a bit. I use my key and enter my house.

"Leah Stevenson", I heard a stern voice.

Full name..

I paused and frowned and glanced at my side to the living room. I saw three people there and two annoying pets.

There goes my happy mood.

Dad sat there with Mrs Altman on the opposite couch. Grace next to Dad not looking at me but glaring at pussy who was hissing at her.

"Sup Dad", I smiled like everything was normal.

"Don't sup me. What is this that I'm hearing from Mrs Altman?", Dad frowns crossing his arms.

I glanced at the old lady who narrowed down her eyes at me. I repeatedly blink my eyes at her with a cheesy smile.

"Another complain I presume", I smiled sweetly as I walked inside.

"Obviously little sister", Grace grinned.

I wink at her, but Dad shut us two with a glare.

Aww he's just cute.

"David you see that? She's not at all apologetic of the fact that she could have run my barky over", Mrs Altman argued.

"Not. my. fault", I said glaring at the dog.

Barky growls at me and I show him the middle finger. Mrs Altman gasps with her hand on her mouth.

"Leah!", Dad scolds me.

"Oops sorry forgot you were here. When I see him I forget about everything else. Gotta keep an eye on him", I smiled sheepishly.

"Leah enough", Dad gave me a look of disbelief.

I sighed and plopped down next to Grace.

"I think you should apologise to Mrs Altman for being rude?", Dad looked at me expectantly.

"Me and Barky", The old lady adds.

Dad gave her a frustrated look. I glared at the pests. I mean pets.

"Why should I? I saved your dog by pulling the brakes on time", I frowned.

"Right there. That's you fault", Grace pointed out.

"Huh?", I frowned.

"You pulled the brakes", Grace pouted.

I laughed. Oh my. I love my sister.

"Grace!", Dad frowned scolding her.

Mrs Altman grit her teeth.

"Oh uh..I mean you should apologise Leah", Grace cleared her throat uncomfortably.

I rolled my eyes. She can't help me this time.

"Leah come on", Dad looked at me.

I groaned and threw a mini fit by stomping my leg on the ground making Grace chuckle and Dad smile a bit.

"I'm sorry I didn't run over- I mean didn't pull the brakes earlier and behaved rudely. Hope you'll forgive me. I know you have a big heart", I smiled sarcastically.

Dad shakes his head at my sarcasm. Grace silently giggled. Mrs Altman didn't notice only. I don't think she knows sarcasm.

"It's okay. I think Barky forgives you, right Barky?", Mrs Altman cooed at her dog.

I looked at her in disbelief.

"Seriously?!", I whispered to Dad.

He shushed me. Ugh

"Sorry for the inconvenience Mrs Altman. I'll make sure she never troubles you again", Dad said softly avoiding my glare.

"Oh it's fine David. You're a good father. Leah is a good girl, but I think her bike is the issue. Maybe if she stopped using it..", The old lady trailed off.

I gasped dramatically. THIS WOMAN! HOW DARE SHE?!

"Um I'm sorry Mrs. Altman, but Leah loves her bike and honestly I don't mind her riding it. She will not stop using it because someone else wants her to", Dad said with a firm smile.

Oh my. See he's the best Dad there is. I love him.

Grace smirked. I hugged Dad. He pats my back and kissed my head.

"Besides she's a responsible driver. She did stop when your dog ran in front of her without thinking. But we don't blame the poor dog", Dad gave a tight smile.

I knew he was controlling himself. He hates when someone advises him to how to take care of his kids.

"Okay I understand I guess", The old lady smiled half heartedly.

Dad smiled back. I smirked. Grace pulled out her tongue at the cat.

Then Mrs Altman stood up to leave. Pussy went and nudged her head at my father's leg. My father awed and bent down to pet her.

"Bitch", Grace muttered under her breath.

I chuckled.

"Bye pussy the cat and barky the dog", I waved at them as they left the house.

Barky growls at me and Pussy hissed as they left.

"Leah", Dad sighs shaking his head.

"Dad come on it's not Leah's fault. Those two brats hate us both. Always ready to bite or scratch us", Grace groans rolling her eyes.

"Exactly and you always take our old neighbour and her 'oh so precious' pet's side", I scoff.

"Like I have a choice. She's an old women. She can be difficult sometimes and we have to adjust. Also about the cat and the dog, they're cute animals", Dad shrugged with a smile.

"Cute my ass. Have you seen those nails that pussy wears? Ever heard those hissing noises she makes?", Grace scoffs.

Dad sighs with an amused smile.

"And ironically you're not a pussy fan Dad", I said.

Grace laughs loudly. Dad chuckled. I snickered at my own joke.

I'm hilarious.

"I like this pussy. Pussy the cat", Dad shakes his head chuckling at the name.

"God knows how you like them. We hate them. They hate us. Mutual feelings", I rolled my eyes.

Dad sighs with a smile.

"I think those animals are into old people that's why they don't like us two", Grace said thoughtfully with her finger on her chin.

"You're saying I'm old?", Dad raised his eyebrows.

Ooooooo

I put my fist in my mouth to not laugh.

'NO! What? You are very young Dad. I mean dicks and pussies are, were and will always be crazy for you. You know that. You can never grow old. Your age is ever lasting. You're one of a kind", Grace blabbered.

I laughed. Dad chuckled shaking his head. Grace face palmed herself.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter?

Leah is in the team!

Please vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 1.3K 15
Alexandria Brio is a 16-year-old girl who knows pain like the back of her hand. After getting kidnapped at the young age of two she has known nothing...
727K 17K 74
Book 1 of the 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 series {Duology} 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...
367K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
1.3M 31.8K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...