Falling petals

By Hi1444

To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to... More

Prologue
What the heck?!
Why Me...
So this is why emperors like to surround themselves with beauties.
Who're you???
So who shall watch over her?
May have lost the feeling called shame.
....Why is no one fucking ugly???
A Fight Through Words.
A Wild Wolf
The first Meeting of Lifelong Friends. Part 1
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.2
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.3
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.4
Dinnertime
I didn't give you permission
I died and gone to heaven
The Second Royal Child
The Second Royal Child Pt.2
A Fairy Like Women
Side story: A Grieving Man
An Unexpected Guest
Why?
The Meeting of Leaders
A Walk Through Memory Lane.
A/N A bit of that world.
A Sudden Visit of a Capture Target.
Buzz Off
Don't Abandone Me Please
Lets be Friends
I'm Sorry.
Let's Help her Make More Friends!
A Sudden Meeting.
Her Smile
Sakura's Fate.
Nightmares.
A/N: A bit about this world
The Holy Priest
Best friend.
Are You Kidding Me...
Tragic First Love.
Her Fears.
An old Friend.
A promise.
The First Move.
Powerful Game Piece.
Kano's Devotion.
In position.
Change of Plans.
Commence the Plan.
What Went Wrong?!
Found.
Find a Way out.
What Type of Coincidence is This!?
Villainess vs. Villain
Deceiving
One of Many Ends.
Escape.
Hiding.
Finally.
Home.
Bath.
Shame on me.
Changes.
Sleep.
Imprisonment.
How did you know?
Side Story: 3 year old Sakura.
Adonis and Darius
No Thanks.
Magic
A Change
The Past should remain in the Past.
What is Happening!?
A Nightmare or a Prophecy
Release Them.
The Battle.
What will Happen in the Future?
Finally Heading Home.
Old Memories.
What the future will hold.
"From the first Dream..."
Too much of a Coincidence.
Are this things Valuable? Pt.1
Are this things Valuable? Pt.2
How do you know the Language?
Protect Him.
The Last Tear. part 1
The Last Tear. part 2
Through the eyes of the Divine.
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.)
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.) part 2
Hidden Away.
What the Dreams Show.
The History of Magic
Control over Magic.
Controlling the flow of energy.
A Meeting of Friends.
Healing Wounds.
A Personal Servant
Hello Again.
Unwelcomed Guest.
A Deal. Pt.1
A Deal pl.2
I Died by your Hand too.
Fallen Ill
A Message
What are you?

What do you Know?

1.1K 55 26
By Hi1444

"So this is how the inside of her highness palace appears? It gives off a comforting sense, different from other palaces I have seen."

'Is this bastard trying to say it looks poor and plain?'

She glances as him with scorn but hid the look when he turn to look at her.

"Hohoho~ why thank you. I like a simple area. It calms me and makes me value deeper things rather than materialistic and superficial things. You should try it sometimes"

She smiles sweetly at him and he returns the same smile. However both Azazel and Amar felt a chill in the atmosphere around them.

A cough catches Sakura's attention and she turns away from Caspian and makes eye contact with warning eyes.

'Uh oh. Spoke too much sass in front of mama Raphael.'

Raphael was following just behind Sakura with Kano and knew how much Sakura disliked this knight from the Holy empire.

He always wondered why; he used to think it was because she is able to sense who to trust and whatnot. However, after learning what Sakura is experiencing, he began to deduct that this knight may have done something in the future that caused Sakura to despise him when she meets him.

And Raphael was right about that deduction.

When Sakura first met Caspian, she hadn't recieved the full memories of the past lives and only based this world in a game setting played by her life as Amber. However, she began to remember and quickly connected Caspian's name with the holy knight who was killed by Sakura in the game for revealing Rose and her mother in Sakura's coming of age.

It was a favor that the corruption that took over her did for her just for fun.

"So may I ask what be the reason for having the honor of your sudden visit?"

Sakura decided to be a bit more amiable since Raphael was here. She gave the usual princess smile that she learned to do.

"I wish to ask her highness a very important question, so I hurriedly made my way here. But worry not, I had permission from your father and he as well has a few things to discuss with a few high priests who came along with me. So he would be a bit busy."

"A question? And what must be the question for you to find it dire to look for me?"

Her head tilted in confusion and seemed to patiently wonder what he must want to discuss. Yet her mind only held insults and curses toward the man.

'This piece of shit came unannounced and unwanted just to ask a stupid question? What does he take me for? A google searcher that will answer all his questions just because he wanted to know something. See if I'll even bother answering your fucking question you di-"

Hurls or hurls of insults was thrown at him in her mind when she learn he visited her for a small matter like a question. Even more so when she had Azazel in her palace.

"I will head out to get refreshments."

Raphael smoothly made them comfortable in the meeting room in Sakura's palace. He was already heading out until Sakura called to him.

"Raphael."

"Yes your highness."

"Please take my other guests with you, they must be tired from our evening playing and would like to rest in another room."

She brought into attention the boys who she didn't want a second longer in Caspian's view.

She wondered how many people held memories of past events and she would hope seeing Azazel won't bring any deja vu to this man, especially when he died a few times in both Sakura or Azazel's hands.

"Your highness. I do-"

"Please Raphael. I believe our unexpected guest as well would like to have this boys rest while we converse."

Sakura glanced at Caspian and used whatever he may want to talk about as another excuse to get the boys out of the room.  After hurling a round of insult at the man in her mind, she calmed down and was able to think more rationality at his appearance.

She knew whatever this holy knight would want to discuss with her, that it must not be a simple question as she first expected it to be. Especially if he timed it for her father to be busy at the same time so he wouldn't have a chance to hear their talk; and she was right.

"Those boys must be tired. Do take them to rest, and worry not; I as well as Her highness personal knight is here to watch over her."

Caspian gave a closed eye smile to Raphael to show that he has nothing to worry.

However Raphael knew this knight isn't what he seems. He has that warm and kind appearance, however he knows inside there is a slithering snake that will pounce the moment a weakness is shown.

"Raphael."

He moved his eyes to the young voice of the girl who was sitting opposite of that snake like man, and he can see her reassuring him with her eyes.

"He is right, Kano is here. So no need for worry. You were going either way to get the refreshments, so might as well leave the boys on your way."

"... understood. Then I will return as quickly as I can."

"Haha. No need for that, take as much time as you need."

Both Raphael and Sakura ignored the man and just nodded to each other.

Sakura waves lightly a goodbye to the boys and they did the same. The moment all three left the room, the whole atmosphere changed to the worse.

"Kano."

"Yes your highness."

Without another word, Kano removed a silencing tool from his pocket and activated it. Now only Sakura, Kano and Caspian can hear their conversation.

Moving her hand toward Kano, he quickly removed a fan from his other pocket and handed it to her. With a swift motion, she held the fan over her mouth and covered it from view.

Caspian smiled and removed a cloth used by doctors and wrapped it over half his face. Now he aswell has his mouth out of view.

"Spill it, I estimate we have five or even three minutes till Raphael returns."

"Are you sure we should hide our conversation? It will still be known to your father when the secret guards gives him a report of our suspicious behavior."

"I will resolve that issue when it comes up, beside this is a talk we do not want him to know, isn't it. It is about that flower that is growing in your garden, right?"

Even when half of his face cannot be seen, his eyes show a smile from her question.

"As always, our dear princess is quite the smart child. You-"

"Stop the act Sir Caspian. I recall we had a deal. What happened with that flower in your garden."

"The caretaker of the flower had a sudden accident, they would not be able to care for the flower any longer. Right now the flower is being taken care by a holy maiden who was assigned by me. However this maiden has not  been able to control the growing flower like the previous caretaker was."

Sakura knew with how he acted, it would seem his sudden appearance did have something to do with Rose; the half-sister her father and Uncle Seraph had been searching for the past four years.

And from this conversation has indicated, Caspian knew that Sakura was aware where that half-sister was. And that she and him were working together in keeping that half-sister hidden far from Seraph and Mihkael.

"!? What do you mean! The caretaker should still be able to care for that flower even when it grows in adulthood!"

Caspian sighs and shakes his head.

"They fell down the stairs and snapped their neck instantly."

"!?"

Her eyes widen and she shook her head at the revelation.

"Impossible.... that is impossible."

Her words sounded muffled behind her fan, and the news truly showed that it shocked her to the core with how her hands trembled by how strongly she held her fan.

"Why is it impossible?"

"Because this never once happened..."

"It 'never once happened.' What do you mean by that?"

"!?"

She quickly realized her blunder and looked across from her to the man who held a calm yet scrutinizing gaze.

"..."

"It seems that this news isn't something you ever expected to hear. Why is that your highness? What is it that you know that you aren't telling me. Hmm~?"

"..."

Sakura knew that she couldn't use that lie she used on her father and the others. Because even if this man doesn't appear it, he truly was a pious and devoted man to the gods, even more so to the goddess of life and light.

She wouldn't be surprised if he informed those priests in that horrid place and they decided to go to war to kidnap me and imprison me in that place for "protection" as a priestess that can communicate in a deeper and spiritual level with their goddess.

And a war at this time isn't something they need. It would lessen their fighting forces and weaken their strength to the upcoming war against the corruption.

"It just doesn't seem real. Especially with that bitch always being careful of her every move. That's how it was so easy to keep them hidden from sight."

"..."

She kept her real emotions in check and just spoke in a way to dodge the probing question from her reaction.

His eyes didn't leave her and she just shrugged.

"Well, either way. Good riddance, I investigation that women and discovered some things."

'Well, rather than discover; I already knew. Just that I have proof now.'

"And what might that be?"

"Her family are cooperating with that 'group'."

"!?"

His eyes narrowed and a bit of his true nature showed.

"Are you certain?"

"Kano."

"Yes."

He moved away and retrieve a file that was hidden in a secret compartment in a drawer of hers. One of the 'hidden' places she holds documents in. She has many of such compartments scattered through her palace.

He places the file before Caspian and walks beside Sakura.

"Hide it for now. It seems our time is up."

"..."

He places the folder inside his uniform and said one more thing before Raphael entered.

"The Rose seems to know its origins and wishes to return to seek for her other 'caretaker'."

"... Find a way to keep the Rose in your garden. Or else our deal is off and that flower will wilt if I see it."

After she said that Kano removes the silencing tool and both Caspian and Sakura uncovered their mouths.

A light knock was heard and a second later Raphael enters with a cart of refreshments.

"I hope I have not made you wait for long."

"Hohoho! No worries Raphael. We were just discussing the weather. Were we not Sir Caspian?"

"Of course. The weather seems to be cooling as of late and we were wondering how long flowers will last in gardens."

"I recommend he creates a greenhouse and take a few flowers to keep them in there. It would keep them safe and sound. After all, I feel like a sudden change of weather can cause it to wilt unexpectedly."

Picking up the tea cup Raphael placed in front of her. She takes a sip after finishing those words, not once losing eye contact with the man across from her.

"... I see, a greenhouse would be a best place to put the flowers in. After the weather becomes more stable, then maybe I can take it out again."

"Yes. Maybe."

Both knew what the other was implying and decided to end the talk in that note.

They both had a minor chitchat and hadn't brought up anymore talk of Rose and the incident.

However, after both Caspian and the high priests left. Mihkael held his own meeting with Sakura.

"I heard you had an interesting discussion with that knight. Would it be possible to know what it was?"

Taking a big gulp of the iced tea Raphael made for her. She sighs and places it down.

"It seems that the hidden guards were quicker this time to inform you this papa."

"Sakura."

Taking a good of her father. She smiles and asked him something unexpected.

"My mother hasn't gotten better nor worse over the years. Right papa?"

"? No- well, yes- no. I mean to say your right. She hasn't gotten worse nor better. But what do-"

"I may have found a way to cure her. And it is with the help of Sir Caspian."

A/N:
Aaaaannnnndddd Cliffhanger. Well gotta end it in somewhere, and I decided here. Haha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 11 8
Zillael. A large country in the mountains, that was boasted of holy, righteous glory and best known for its pure clean lands, fresh crisp air, b...
2.9K 135 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
520K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
766 42 17
Li Jade was a force to be reckoned with. one of the top business women in the world haven't reached the status of a self-made trillionaire at the age...