Finding My Permanent Family

By booklover_0234

Sang Sorenson has been tasked with taking care of her 2 sibling, since she was 13. Living with an abusive mot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- A Report
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (A report)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 46

3.1K 122 33
By booklover_0234

You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
I can feel fingers running through my hair. My eyes pop open and I come face to face with Brandon, who is smiling down at me. He isn't the one playing with my hair though.

I blink groggily, trying to shake the sleep from my eyes. A chuckle echoes from behind me and I can feel the shake of a chest against my back. "Well we were up before you." A voice says and I instantly recognize it as Marc.

Instead of answering I bury my face into the pillow under me and groan. "What time is it?"

"It's only five. Go back to sleep mouse." Brandon says and I lift my face from the bed so fast I might get whiplash.

"Mouse!?" I squeak out and I can kind of understand why he is calling me that.

"Yup. You are like a little mouse." Brandon's smirks.

"I think she is like a coffee bean." Marc says from behind me. When I turn to look at him, I realize I have no clue where I am.

Marc must sense what I'm thinking because he smiles at me. "You are in Brandon's room." I nod slightly and honestly, I still haven't woken up.

"Back to sleep mouse." Brandon says and tucks me against him, my back against his chest and somehow my head ends up on Marc's chest.

"I'm not tired." I lie completely, but I feel lazy sitting around like this when there's a million things I could be doing.

"Coffee bean we have been put under strict orders to keep you in bed until at least six." Marc says and I nod while standing up.

"I'm just gonna go brush my teeth and wash my face then." I say and both guys let me go while I crawl out of bed. I quickly make my way to my room and brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I make my way out with full intentions of getting my day started by heading to the kitchen. The only problem is when I walk back past Brandon's door I get yanked back in.

"Hey!" I squeak as I feel Brandon's arms wrap around me.

"You we're trying to sneak off!" Brandon accuses while easily lifting me up and carrying me back to the bed where Marc is now laughing hysterically at the look on my face.

Brandon tosses me on the bed and I bounce as Marc catches me. "No I wasn't. I was getting water." I deny and both guys just smirk at me.

"I didn't know you were such a liar Sang." Marc laughs and I huff.

Brandon tucks me straight back into his chest and my head ends up right back on Marc's chest where all of this started. "I can't go back to sleep. I'm already awake." I state strongly.

Neither of the guys say anything. Marc simply brings his hand up to my hair and brings rubbing his fingers through it once again. Brandon carefully rest his hands in my shoulders and begins to softly rub them. I try to keep my eyes open, but I fail before it has been five minutes.
————————————————————
Axel's POV:
"What are they going to do?" I ask as I lean back against the chair in Owen's room.

"I don't know. There was clearly no flood, but I'm not sure what is happening. We have been cracking down on the drug use in the school. The kids are the only ones we have caught. Our thoughts were that tonight would be when somebody would pull something, I think this confirms that." Owen says as he rubs out the line on his forehead.

For the past hour we have been trying to figure this out. Owen and Sean got emails saying the school wasn't opening today because of flooding, but it didn't rain and there is nothing in the school that could flood. Owen thinks that tonight at the dance is when something is going to happen and I don't disagree.

"Everyone should stay home today then. Rest and get ready for tonight. They need to be alert but we need people on Sang at all times as well." I say strongly, almost daring him to disagree.

"There will be at least four of us with her or watching her at a time." Owen assured me and now there is a crease on his face for a whole other reason.

"How are you gonna make things right Owen?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"I don't know. I like her, a lot. I really do but it is all so..." Owen drops off.

"New? Overwhelming? Scary?" I fill in for him and he nods. The rare side of Owen that very few people see is coming out. The clueless side.

"Ellen yelled at me for at least half an hour last night, not that I don't deserve it." He says and I nod. "Ellen also said we would be blown away by her dress." Owen smiles slightly and I do too.

"I know we will be. I bet you it's like a big princess gown, and definitely light colors. I can't see her choosing anything dark." I say absentmindedly, not noticing that someone has joined us mid-speech.

"Don't doubt her. Pookie could rock anything but with our mothers involved I wouldn't be too surprised by anything." Sean says taking a seat beside me.

"Nope. Definitely a light purple, or blue. I bet it is puffy-ish. Is that the right word?" Owen says and he looks completely concentrated on what the actual word is.

"I don't know but I can't wait. You know, we need to actually sit down and have a conversation about what is happening. I don't want her getting wrong ideas and it ruining everything." I say and the two other men in the room nod.

We almost lost her once, I won't do it again.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
My eyes open slowly and the first thing I notice is nobody is laying next to me, and light is seeping through the windows. I shoot up in bed faster than I ever have, and begin patting around for my phone. Once I find it under my pillow I turn it on and check the time, 11:46.

My heart begins racing in my chest. How did we all sleep in? I jump out of bed, we'll attempt too. My foot gets snagged in the sheet and I go straight to the floor. My butt hits the ground and all I do is lay back to where I'm laying on the ground completely. Today is clearly not going to go well.

I hear footsteps approaching and the door opens. Kota walks in followed by Victor. They both immediately look towards me then to the bed, and back to me. "We slept in. I slept in. Wait you all are here? Why didn't you wake me up?" I blurt all at once and Victor opens his mouth like he is going to say something, but he begins laughing instead. Victor is laughing at the fact I'm sprawled on the ground and Kota joins in not long after.

I watch, very unamused, as the guys try to catch their breath. Meanwhile I get up and throw the sheets back onto the bed. "Princess we don't have school today. Since it got cancelled we were under strict order to make sure you slept in for the dance. The little kids are already at school." Victor informs me and confusion hits me.

"The dance? Wouldn't our dance be cancelled if school was?" I ask and Kota shakes his head.

"Nope. There apparently was a flood. They said it would be cleaned up by tonight though." Kota says and I'm still confused, but I'm not going to complain.

"The kids are at school?" I ask and they nod. "Is everybody here?" Once again they nod and I sigh. "You should have woken me up. It is my job to get them ready for school and get them there." I say while stretching my arms above my head.

"We know that but why would you do it alone when you have us?" Victor asks a rhetorical question. "Now come on. They are all getting anxious to see you and North and Raven look like they want to kill each other."

I follow them out and sure enough when we reach the living room everybody is watching TV while North and Raven are glaring at each other. "Why are you all looking at each other like that?" I ask as I take a seat by Ellen, who smiles at me and mouths 'boys.'

"He is acting like a child!" North and Raven say at the same time which makes me, Corey, Luke, and Nathan laugh. Their glares turn to us and North fully glares at Luke, Nathan, and Corey. When he reaches my gaze his lips tip up slightly in the corner and his glare turns into soft eyes. Raven does the similar thing but he eyes me and Corey instead of glaring at us.

"That is no fair! Sang and Corey should get glared at too!" Luke pouts and it is my turn to turn to face Ellen. 'Boys.' I mouth and she laughs.

"Look at them! Plotting against us." Nathan says and I smile at him.

"Trouble?" Gabe asks and I face him.

"Hmm?"

"What does your dress look like?" Gabe asks and Ellen groans. All of the other guys smirk and I figure they have tried to pull it out of Ellen a lot.

"I don't know." I shrug and he groans.

"What are we watching?" I ask and Nathan grins at me.

"Peanut we are watching the best thing ever. Karate Videos!" Nathan says and he looks so proud of himself.

"You nicknamed her peanut?" Axel asks incredulously.

"Yup. That is what she tastes like." Nathan says and Marc almost chokes on his drink while Luke's face goes red when he starts coughing. All of the guys , and Ellen, turn to look at me and I can feel the blush staining my cheeks.

"He bit my finger." I defend slightly and Ellen starts dying laughing. Meanwhile the guys are still staring at me and I shift uncomfortably.

"You guys are hilarious. So overprotective." Ellen says and leans over so that she is only whispering in my ear, but she is loud enough that I know everyone heard it. "Just wait until you get your period. They will be watching you like a hawk. More so than they already are."

I can feel the red clawing down my neck and spreading across my face like crazy. I look around the room and a few people's faces pale, others grimace, then there is Gabe. "Oh fuck! We never even thought of that. Shit. Trouble when do you get your period? What do you use? We should probably stockpile it incase there is a storm or some weird vudu shit. Don't you girls mark it on the calendar or something? Doc! Where do you keep your calendars? We all need this in our phones too!" Poor Gabe looks like he is about to have a panic attack meanwhile Ellen is cackling beside me, clearly happy with herself.

"Gabe why don't we cross that bridge when we get there?" Axel says over Owen's cackling and Gabe begins to let it go, but of course Luke jumps in.

"You never just cross a bridge though. You examine it and decide the best way across so when you do have to cross, you are more prepared. We need to examine the bridge." Luke says and for once in his life, he is dead serious.

"There is a way to make it not painful, right? We need to focus on that to succeed." Silas says like a period is a game of football and I have to say, I am disappointed in him for joining this.

"Sang baby do you usually eat more or less when you are on your period?" North asks and Ellen begins howling while every other person in the room looks completely serious.

"I have a question." Raven declares and Owen turns towards him.

"Yes Raven?" Owen asks and even he looks interested in this. I am going to be red forever if they don't stop this.

"What is a period? You use it to end a sentence, correct?" Raven asks and Corey sighs.

Sean shakes his head and now he is interjecting his advice. "No it is called a menstrual cycle and most women go through it.It is when a lining in a woman's uterus is shed and basically what makes her bleed. It can be incredibly painful for some, and barely noticeable for others." Sean says all doctorly and of course Raven turns to me next.

"Little bird is it painful for you or not painful? We need to be prepared." He says and I take a deep breath.

"I appreciate the concern but this-'' I wave my hands around my body. "- is not a team sport. I can handle it fine." I say and I am not technically lying. I handle it but truth be told, mine is absolutely awful. It is like I am being stabbed in the stomach over and over while somehow losing half my body weight in blood. Not to mention, sometimes I pass out because the pain is so bad for me. Another bad thing is my mother was always home. She would time when I would get my period and make sure she was home to torment me. It was hell.

Ellen begins crying as tears of laughter leak from her eyes. She stands up from the couch holding her stomach. "My old woman bladder is far too weak to be laughing this much. If anybody needs me, I will be peeing. Now leave Sang alone and watch your ninja/karate videos."Ellen says and leaves the room.

"Sang is right. Can we drop this for now?" Axel asks and Gabe reluctantly nods. Nathan clicks to a random karate video. The guys in the video begin fighting and don't stop until one of them are pinned to the ground.

Once the video is over, North eyes Raven. "I would beat you at that."

Raven snorts. "Please South. You might be able to beat Sang, not me."

I take slight offense to that. "I could beat you Raven." I declare and his eyes widen, then he starts laughing.

"No you couldn't little bird." Raven laughs at me and I roll my eyes. Boys.

"I don't know Raven, she could always beat all the guys up when we were little." Silas says.

"We should try it. What do you say little bird? You and I fight? I promise I won't brag when you lose." Raven taunts me and I almost take the bait.

"I know I wild win. I don't have to prove myself." I say confidently and he sighs.

"Little bird is too scared. I knew you would be. It is okay." I know Raven is trying to get a reaction out of me and it is working.

"Raven if we weren't inside right now where things are breakable, then I would totally say yes."

"Nothing in here is breakable little bird. Isn't that right Sean?" Raven asks and Sean nods but he looks nervous.

"Sang you know I think you can do anything but Raven is the best out of all of us." Sean says and I sight.

"Except me." I tease. Raven shakes his head but he has a smile on his face.

"I would love to see my little bird beat me." Raven says. Across the room Luke and Brandon make 'awe' sounds and I smile but shake my head.

"What time is it?" I ask no one in particular.

"Time to go get the kids." North grunts but it is one of his content grunts.
————————————————————
Me, Silas, and Nathan ended up going to get Cameron and Lily. We ended up coming back and I made Cameron a snack while he told everyone every single detail of his day. Every single one. Then we watched a movie and I lasted with Lily for a while.

That brings me to now. I'm sitting in a comfy chair with both Ellen and Erica staring down at me. "Okay first things first is nails. I will do those while Ellen works on your hair. Then we need to do makeup and get you a snack. Then it will be time to get into your dress and heels. All the while we have to make sure the boys leave you alone and don't see you. They are getting ready in the rest of the house." Erica huffs and I smile at her.

Honestly I am really excited to see the guys dressed up. I can't imagine north or Raven trying to fit their feet into dress shoes though.

"That seems a little complicated." I tell both women and they shake their heads at me like I am crazy.

"Please you are lucky it is us doing this and not other people. Other people would be way worse." Ellen says and I don't deny that. Other people would probably be way worse.

I sit back as Erica picks a nail color and puts on music. The music is soft enough so I don't get a headache, but not enough to where I want to fall asleep. Ellen goes to the back of the chair I am sitting in and begin brushing my hair.

Not even five minutes later, there is a knock on the door. "Sangbaby please let me in. I'm dying out here and need emotional support. Gabe won't leave us alone!" North groans and he sounds like Cameron does when he complains.

"You can't!" I tell him through the door after both women in the room give me stern looks.

"Agelle im here too. Doesn't that make it worth it?" Silas asks and it is a clear guilt trip, that works 100%. Erica must see the look on my face because she shakes her head.

"Leave her alone boys. Go back and let Gabe order you around. You all are making her feel bad and I will have to beat you up if you don't stop." Ellen threatens and I smile at that.

There is silence on the other side of the door then a sigh. "Fine. But I don't like this. We should have just gotten ready together." Silas huffs and I roll my eyes. I hear the footsteps of them walking away and it seemed kinda easy.

"Gabe would have gotten cameras put up in here just to see your dress if it hadn't of been that Victor and Corey would have refused to do it."

I honestly don't doubt that. Gabe has asked me about a million times and I came close to telling him so that he would leave me alone.

Erica begins painting my nails while Ellen works on my hair. My nails are being painted a red while my hair is being put up into a a half up- half down braided hair style. It takes them 45 minutes but I don't really mind. "Okay. It is time for makeup. I don't think we should do a lot. I'm thinking at most some highlighter, mascara and lipstick. What do you think?" Erica asks me and all I can do is nod.

I can't remember a time when I have ever worn those things. I sit perfectly still as the mascara and highlighter get put on, but my eyes go wide when I see the bright red lipstick. "Isn't that a little too much?" I ask hesitantly and Ellen smiles at me.

"We don't have to do it. It would look good though." I mull it over in my brain and nod my head eventually.

Once the lipstick is on I am eager to see what I look like. I go to stand but Erica is right there holding up a dress. "We are going to make sure all of the boys are getting by along and nobody has killed Gabe. Take your time getting ready and then look in the mirror. Once you are done admiring yourself just holler for us. Take your time. You deserve it." The both ladies quickly exit the room and I lock the door so that nobody else can come in.

I walk across the room to where my black dress is hanging up perfectly smooth. I carefully take it out of the bag and unzip the back. I lay it down and take off all of my clothes except for my underwear.

I slip into the dress without looking in the mirror and reach behind my back to carefully zip it. Once it is zipped I slip my high heels on and stand up. At first I am wobbly but then gain my balance. "I hear heels!" I hear Luke shout and then hear him get a verbal warning to be quiet. I chuckle at that.

I walk to the mirror and close my eyes before I can see myself. I pat down my dress and then I open my eyes. The gasp I let out is the only thing that describes how I feel. The person staring back at me is nothing like a few weeks ago.

My eyes look so much brighter. The bags under my eyes have reduced to almost nothing. My skin is glowing and I don't just look like I am alive, I look like I am living. My eyes travel down and a little bit of cleavage is showing in the dress but I don't mind as much as I normally would.

My eyes travel downward and come in contact with where my scars would be. They aren't visible thanks to the leg coverings I put on earlier and I feel happier.

The heels make me a few inches taller but it is still not enough to make me taller than any of the guys.

I feel a tear drip down my cheek and quickly wipe it. More threaten to drop but I blink quickly and call out for Erica and Ellen before the water works can come. I hear the door open.

I spin around and the two women look me over with a gasp. "Sang! You look... beautiful." Erica compliments and I notice tears coming to her eyes.

"Darling you look absolutely amazing. Gorgeous. The guys won't know what hit them. They won't know what to do." Ellen whispers and tears are threatening to spill out of her eyes but there is a bright smile on her face.

"Owen,Sean and the Toma boys had to leave already. There was an situation at the school but they can't wait to see you. The rest of the boys are here. They are dying to see you but we need to do one more thing." Ellen explains and disappointment fills me but I don't let it last as I close my eyes and let the women do their work. I feel the bottom half of my hair being moved and earrings being put in. Then I feel a chain go around my neck and realize it is a necklace.

The women back away and I open my eyes. A beautiful necklace and earrings are shown off to me and I smile. "These are absolutely beautiful."

"The necklace belonged to me while the earrings belonged to Ellen." Erica explains and I whirl around.

"I can't possibly keep these! They are yours!" I insist and begin to take them off but Ellen stops me.

"Nope. We want to pass them down to you. Clearly you mean a great deal to our boys, all of them. Even without them you would deserve this. Keep them. We're passing them down to the next generation." Ellen demands and I have no choice but to listen.

"Thank you so much."

"Now lets go show these boys. They are waiting in the living room in a line facing you but their eyes are closed." Erica says and I follow them through the house.

The closer we make it to the living room, I hear the guys talking. "I hear the heels it is her." Nathan whisper shouts and I chuckle.

"All of you better have your eyes closed" Kota says and I see Erica roll her eyes.

We make it to the living room and I stop at the doorway. The guys are all dressed in black suits with red ties. My North Star looks amazing. They all do. Gabe looks like he walked out of a magazine while Victor looks like a hot billionaire that you read about in books. They all look like that to be honest.

Someone nudges me forward and I follow their directions but I don't take my eyes off of the guys. "Okay boys open your eyes on three. One...two...three!"

Their eyes open and all of them shoot to me. The room goes dead silent. There aren't any more mumblings of wanting to see me, or then making sure all of their eyes are closed. Just silence.

All of their eyes travel up and down my body. Over and over. "Boys! What do you think?" Ellen prompts after nobody says anything.

Nathan is the first one to drop out of his stupor, but I'm nervous. What if they don't like it? "Peanut." A choked whisper comes out. "You look gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful." Nathan walks over and wraps me up in a hug. When he backs away I see the rest of the guys are now back into reality.

"Cupcake I could eat you right now and never get enough of you." Luke uses his own saying but I get what he is saying.

"I always knew you were an angel." Silas smiles softly at me and it isn't a big speech or every two sentences, but his words mean everything to me.

"I think I was right about her being a princess. I think it should be changed to queen though." Victor says and I can feel the red on my cheeks.

"Babygirl." That is all North says. His voice is the softest I have ever heard and I can see a million thoughts in his head. That one word was enough though.

Kota walks over to me and hugs me while his hand finds it's way to the necklace I'm wearing. "You deserve this more than anyone. I'm so proud to have you in my life." With that I almost start crying once again.

Nobody has ever been proud to have me in their lives.

Kota backs away with a kiss on my forehead and I bring my attention to Gabe. His eyes are looking me over constantly and I am the most nervous for what he thinks. He is the fashion guru after all. "Heels may hurt her feet. I have something to protect them. Come on." Is all that Gabe says and my heart drops.

Ellen and Erica look just as confused as the other guys. Gabe didn't even tell me it looked bad he just... ignored it.

Gabe grips my hand and leads me off as  I follow him into the bathroom of my bedroom. He quickly leaves and when he gets back I am leaning against the sink. Gabe shuts the door and lifts me up to where I am sitting comfortably on the sink, but my stomach is in knots.

Gabe drops to his knees and carefully takes both of my shoes off. He buts bandages around my toes and a protective piece on my heels. As he does all of this I can feel my lip wobbling. I can feel the tears making a home in my eyes and it takes everything in me not to let out a sob. I thought he would be proud.

Gabe finishes with my feet and puts my shoes back on. He stands up and only then does he look at me. When his eyes meet my face his eyes widen and his mouth drops open. I try to jump off of the sink but he puts his hands on my thighs and hold me there. Gabe brings his face level to mine. "Why are you crying?" That one question makes me laugh and he looks even more confused.

"You hate it. I should have just let you picked the dress out. You were so excited and now I just disappointed you. Gabe you aren't even talking to me." I huff as I swipe at the tears trickling down my face.

Gabe curses and then I am pulled into his chest. I try to pull away but he doesn't let me. "Trouble you have no clue how fucking gorgeous you look in this dress. It was made for you sweetheart. You look like you just saved the world and kicked some ass, now you are ready to go to a dance. You look gorgeous but you also look very, very hot." The blush in my face has to be a bright red. "I didn't say anything because if I tried to I was afraid I would maul you like a damn lion. Don't ever doubt that I think you are beautiful. Next, it doesn't matter what the hell any of us think. Trouble you gotta learn to do things for you. You have to learn that you come first. We are always gonna put you, Cameron, and Lily first. You aren't alone anymore and I know it is hard to accept that. You have to try to do what you want though. The only persons opinion that matters is yours. You got it?" Gabe asks as he brings his head to be level with mine and he stares into mine.

"Got it." I confirm and he blows out a breath.

"I never would have thought black and red but damn trouble. We're gonna have to keep an eye on you all night." Gabe whispers and I look at him in his suit.

"I might have to keep an eye on you instead." I whisper out and Gabe lets out another curse. His thumb finds my lip and carefully glides across it.

"Right now I have every intention of kissing you until somebody interrupts us and then I will fix your lipstick so that nobody knows. You need to tell me right now if that isn't okay because if it isn't I need to walk away for a few minutes." Gabe rasps and I have never heard him like this, but I love it.

"I hope you are a quick fixer." I smile as Gabe shoots forwards. He wedges himself between my thighs and grabs my face with one hand while the other hand lands on my side. His lips ghost over mine then they attack me. Gabe's kiss isn't soft or easy. It is rough and full of emotion. Our lips mold together and I press myself closer to Gabe causing him to curse against my lips.

Gabe runs his tongue across the seam of my mouth and I know I should be careful with my makeup, but how can I resist? My mouth opens and his tongue plunges into mine. It is softer than before but still isn't soft.

Gabe rips his lips away from mine and both of his hands drop down to my sides. "You are like a fucking walking temptation for me trouble." Gabe huffs against my neck as he lays tiny kisses there and by now my body is completely limp. Gabe goes to kiss me again but there is a knock on the door.

"Gabe are you almost done?" Erica laughs and Gabe's forehead rests against mine.

"Almost. The bandage wasn't working so just like three more minutes." Gabe says and Erica accepts that answer and walks away.

Gabe backs away with one last kiss and smiles at me. I can't help but laugh when I see that my lipstick has gotten all over his face. "I warned you." Is all Gabe says as he takes a wipe and cleans his face, then mine and my neck.

He grabs the red lipstick from my bed and carefully reapplies it. Then with one last kiss to my cheek he lets me down and we walk out of the bedroom together. We make it back out to where all of the guys are sitting and they jump up. "Time to go." Victor calls out and I nod.

Cameron comes running into the room with Lily. I bend down and tell both of them goodbye, goodnight, and how much I love them.

Then we are out of the house and on the way to the school.
————————————————————
Sean's POV:
I hate McCoy. He called us up here just to help out things together. Now kids are already coming in and we're rushing last minute to put things together. "Ow! Raven why the hell did you drop that? It weighed twenty pounds at most." Axel growls.

All of us look up and see an angry Axel. Raven and Corey are standing there looking at the entrance where kids already are flooding in. "Gentlemen! Focus please." Owen demands but neither Raven or Corey listen.

I look up to see what the guys are looking at and my heart stops when I see familiar blonde hair and bright green eyes. My hand raises by itself and I point towards my beautiful pookie. All the guys look that way and I already know their jaws have dropped.

A black dress and black heels are fitted to her body like a second skin. The bright red lipstick brings attention to her face and my god she looks like a dream. I look around to the other guys and every single one is staring at her, including Owen. Sang hasn't seen us yet so I grab their attention back and we get back to work so that we can keep eyes on pookie the rest of the time. The guys here are going to be all over her and probably even the girls.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
I haven't seen the rest of the guys yet and I am getting antsy. When we first got here we immediately found a corner and for at least an hour we have been chilling out here and talking. All of us have been making jokes and I wouldn't be mad if we spent the rest of the night like this. Right now the music is all super loud and I am enjoying hanging out for now. A lot of people have come over and tried to talk to the guys but they always block me and tell the people to get lost, but in meaner terms.

"Okay guys and girls! We are gonna slow it down for the rest of the night. Grab your date and get on the dance floor for some slow music dancing to fall in love too!" The DJ shouts into the microphone and I don't expect to go out there, but Luke grabs my hand and yanks me up before I can stop him.

I squeak and try to pull away but North is right behind me and pushes me to go with him. Luke pulls me out to the dance floor where everyone else is. For the first time tonight, everyone can see me. People look and stare at we wait for the music to start. Some guys eyes linger in an uncomfortable way while some girls look like they want to kill me. I hate both and honestly wish I could go stand back in the corner.

"Don't worry about them cupcake. Imagine they aren't even here. It's me and you. It's us and the rest of the guys.  Doc, Mr.B and the Toma team are all in the corner watching us. They have been for a while. I'm gonna spin you so you can see them okay?" Luke asks and I nod. Luke guides my arms up to wrap around his shoulders and he grabs my hips as the song starts playing. I get turned around and sure enough all of them are staring at us and smiling. It is clear they are looking at me and people probably think it is weird but seeing the approval and joy on their faces takes away all my worries.

Luke spins me back around and the lyrics for the song start to play and we dance.

Got me in my hotel room
More pillows I could ever use
I think they call it luxury
But it doesn't make a difference to me
'Cause I'd sleep on a bed that's made of concrete
Just the two of us and no sheet
Just your feet rubbing up against mine
Staring at the picture on the wall
Yeah it's pretty clever but, it's got no soul
Show me your masterpiece
And it wouldn't make difference to me
'Cause I'd sleep on a bed that's made of concrete
Just the two of us and no sheet
Just your feet rubbing up against mine
Oh rubbing up against mine
I sit on these aeroplanes
But I just wanna walk
Play me these symphonies
But I just wanna talk
So baby won't you come back
Oh I need something real
I'd sleep on a bed that's made of concrete
Just the two of us and no sheets
Your feet rubbing up against mine
I'd sleep on a bed that's made of concrete
Just the two of us and no sheet
Just your feet rubbing up against my
Oh rubbing up against mine
Rubbing up against mine

Luke dances with me the whole time and by the end of the song I am smiling so wide and Luke is too. Another song comes up and Luke lets go of me. I turn to ask him what he is doing but Silas pops up in front of me and takes the lead like Luke did. I figure out what they are doing and can't help it when I let out a laugh of happiness.

Beautiful girls all over the world
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted
They got nothin' on you baby
Nothin' on you baby
No' no' no' nothin' on you babe
No' no' nothin' on you
I know you feel where I'm coming from
Regardless of the things in my past that I've done
Most of it really was for the hell of the fun
On the carousel so around I spun (Spun)
With no directions just tryna get some (Some)
Tryna chase skirts, living in the summer sun (Sun)
An' so I lost more than I had ever won
And honestly I ended up with none
There's so much nonsense
It's on my conscience
I'm thinking baby I should get it out
And I don't wanna sound redundant
But I was wondering, if there was something that you wanna know
(That you wanna know)
But never mind that we should let it go (We should let it go)
'Cause we don't wanna be a t.v episode (T.V. episode)
And all the bad thoughts just let them go (Go, go, go)
Beautiful girls all over the world
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted
They got nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
They might say hi (hi) and I might say hey (Hey)
But you shouldn't worry about what they say
'Cause they got nothin' on you baby
Silas lets me go and North takes his place. I rest my head against his chest and dance the rest of the song.
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Hands down there will never be another one
I been around and I never seen another one
Because your style I ain't really got nothin' on
And you wow when you got nothin' on?
Baby you the whole package plus you pay your taxes
And you keep it real while them other stay plastic
You're my Wonder Women call me Mr. Fantastic
Stop, now think about it
I've been to London, I've been to Paris
Even way out there in Tokyo
Back home down in Georgia to New Orleans
But you always steal the show (steal the show)
And just like that girl you got a fro (Got a fro)
Like a Nintendo 64 (64)
If you never knew well now you know (Know, know, know)
Beautiful girls all over the world (All over)
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted (Haha)
They got nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
They might say hi (hi) and I might say hey (Hey)
But you shouldn't worry about what they say (Why?)
'Cause they got nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
Everywhere I go I'm always hearing your name (Name, name)
And no matter where I'm at girl you make me wanna sing (Sing)
Whether a bus or a plane (plane) or a car or a train (Train)
No other girls in my brain and you the one to blame (Blame)
Beautiful girls all over the world (All over)
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted (Why?)
They got nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
They might say hi (hi) and I might say hey (Hello)
But you shouldn't worry about what they say (Why?)
'Cause they got nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Nothin' on you baby
(No' no' no' nothin' on you babe)
(No' no' nothin' on you)
Yeah and that's just how we do it, ha ha
And I'm a let this ride
B-O-B and Bruno Mars

For the next half an hour I dance through songs with the guys like that. Once I have danced with everyone and the song stops playing I expect to leave the dance floor but my hand gets grabbed and I come face to face with Axel. He grabs my hips and guides my hands to wrap around his neck. "Is this allowed?" I as quietly and he smiles down at me.

"The only ones who aren't allowed are Sean and Owen. The rest of us are just chaperones." Axel smiles and then looks me in the eyes.

"You look beautiful Sang. Sean wanted me to tell you those earrings are something you deserve. He is having a hard time holding himself back and so is Owen. You look like a goddess out here." Axel smiles and I laugh. "Why don't we give them a show?"

The music starts playing and I lose myself as I dance with all of the Toma team. I do wish Sean and Owen could dance with me too.

You took all the lonely days and you made them sing
You turned off the alarms so they don't ring
I don't know where you are in the grand scheme of things
But I just wanna be counting stars with you
Life to throw everything that it could throw
Your face in the morning, it just glowed
Let's get in this car, let's face the sky and go
I just wanna be counting stars with you
Wrap it up and let's go rolling down
There's no funnier duo in this town
Just wanna say I'm better now and shout it loud
I just wanna be hugging you tonight
Don't know if you know, but I just wanna tell you so
The other wisest funny one that I will ever, ever know
A hundred mini dreams and a healing scar
The secrets of the day are never far
I don't know where we're going but God, it's a start
I just wanna be counting stars with you
I don't know if you know, but I just wanna tell you so
The other wisest funny one that I will ever, ever know
I don't know about you but, oh, I love us as a two
Find me a wild road and I will name it after you
You took all the lonely days and you made them sing
You turned off the alarm so they don't ring
I don't know where we are in the grand scheme of things
But I just wanna be hugging you tonight

Here we are again
Fading light
Those gleaming eyes and freckled smile
Light up the night
Here we are alone
My lips on yours
The taste of candy and salt drives me for more
Tattoo my heart with your ball-point pen
Say you love me again and again
There will never be an end
To this love my dear friend
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Paint me red in places once filled with gold
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Make me dream of things I never did once before
Here we are again
Tellin' me it's my fault
Things I don't understand
Things beyond control
Here we are alone
You resting by my side
Those broken glass shatter me and cloud my mind
Before you stab my heart with your ball-point pen
Say you love me again and again
There will never be an end
To this love my dear friend
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Paint me red in places once filled with gold
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Made me dream of things I never did once before
Lipstick stains on these clothes of mine
Hold your scent frozen in time
Lipstick stains on these clothes of mine
Hold your love frozen in time
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Paint me red in places once filled with gold
You, colour me
You colour my soul
Make me dream of things I never did once before
You

By the time the songs are over my feet are killing me and my back hurts from all the dancing, but I feel truly amazing. I make my way back and stand by all the guys except Sean and Owen.

"They are in their office. You could probably make your way down there for a bit." Kota says and I smile at him before I quickly and secretly walk down to their office.

I make it down there and knock on the door quietly but nobody answers so I simply walk in.

I expected to find them sitting around or possibly talking and laughing. I didn't expect to see Mr.McCoy. I definitely didn't expect to see him holding a bag full of white powder or a knife while Sean and Owen have their hands int he air, clearly trying to calm him down.

The door shuts behind me before I can stop it and all eyes in the room go to me. Sean and Owen's once calm eyes widen with worry. Mr.McCoys eyes are red and they have a vacant look in them. "Ahh there she is. Sang come in. I would introduce you but you already know these men don't you?"

I blank my features and try to answer as monotone as possible. "Yes sir. This is my violin and Japanese teacher." I say but Mr.McCoy laughs.

"Little girl you are such a liar. I think you know these men more than you are letting in." Mr.McCoy accuses and before anybody can do anything he dives towards Owen and wraps an arm around him. He holds the blade of the knife towards Owen's stomach and I think my heart stops beating.

"What's going to happen is I am going to leave. None of you are going to do anything about it and you will tell no one. Especially you Sang. Am I clear?" He asks and I nod my head instantly.

McCoy doesn't automatically leave though. He eyes me and then smiles. "I remember the other day you thought it would be a smart idea to kick me, didn't you?" I gulp. "Maybe I should cause him a little pain. Just to make up for it of course." The knife cuts through Owen suit and I watch as it hits his skin, but doesn't pierce it.

Sean all of a sudden starts jumping up and down. Mr.McCoy faces him with a furious look. "What are you doing?" Sean doesn't answer, he just keeps jumping up and down like a fool.

Mr.McCoy moves the knife and points it towards Sean. I can see the plan now. Owen was supposed to be able to move but Mr.McCoy had him trapped too much.

I don't think as I run forward. I don't think as I fly through the air and fling my self into McCoy as hard as I can. I don't think as we crash to the floor and I end up underneath him. I don't think as he lifts himself off of me and I stare into those empty, vacant eyes. I don't think as I hear the door slam open and screaming happen. I don't think as the knife comes flying towards my stomach. I don't think as all of a sudden McCoy looses his aim and the knife cuts me on the face in the slightest, and his large body covers mine. I don't think as I kick and try to get his body off of mine. I don't think as his body is pushed off of mine.

I do think as I sit up as fast as I can and look around the room. I do think as three police officers are in my face asking if I am okay. I do think as I find Sean and Owen whose faces are bright white and they look horrified at what just happened, but they aren't hurt. I do think as I ignore the officers in front of me and slam into  the first one of my guys that I see. I do think as Raven picks me up with ease and cradles me against him. I do think about how grateful I am that his arms can completely wrap around me. I do think as North, Silas and Kota surround me so that none of the officers can get to me. I do think as my face hits the cold air of the outside and I get put into the car, squished between North and Raven who for once seem to not be fighting. I do think as they both cuddle close to me and the car is completely silent but their heat is keeping me very warm. I do think as I am carried into the house and past a scared looking Ellen and Erica.

Raven sits down on the couch with me as I hear Axel telling the two women they can leave. The living room is crowded as all 14 guys make their way there and simply stare at me. Nobody says anything so I do. "Are you all okay?" That apparently wasn't the right thing to say because the guys all start yelling.

They yell about how they should be asking me that. They yell about how dangerous that was. They yell about how am happy they are I'm okay. They don't seem mad at me though so I let them get it out.

Eventually it quiets down Sean steps forward looking guilty as ever. "Sang that shouldn't have happened I am so sorry. Let me clean you up. You don't need stitches but it is going to leave a scar. Should heal in a day or so after medicine." Sean says and his hand is shaking.

"I'm fine Sean. I promise. Just a little scratch. I think I will look good with a face scar anyway." I laugh quietly because it is all I can think about right now. I just need to hold it together a little longer.

He doesn't say anything but the trembling in his hand does stop so I take that as a win. I sit completely still and relaxed in Ravens embrace as Sean covers the cut across my face with medicine. Once he is done I close my eyes and lean farther into Raven, but Owen steps forward. "Why did you do that?" Owen looks nervous and scared at the same time. I saw that for the first time tonight.

"You were in danger and I wasn't. The only option was to tackle him." I explain and Owen scoffs.

"Dang you could have gotten hurt way worse. The knife could have gone into your fucking stomach!" Owen is seething now and I feel my body tense up for a fight. Verbal of course.

"It would have gone into yours if I did nothing. I don't regret what I did." I explain and he shakes his head.

"Sang that was stupid. So very stupid I don't even know what to say to you. You shouldn't have jumped in. That isn't your job and I didn't ask you to do that." Owen laughs but it isn't the funny kind. It's the kind that he can't believe he has to say this.

"I know you didn't ask me too. You would never ask me to do that but I did it anyways. You can be mad at me all you want but I don't regret what I did. People choose what they would do for other people and tonight I chose what I would do for you." I say with nothing but seriousness.

"That isn't how it works!"

"Guys." Axel interrupts on a whisper and we all look towards him. "There is a rescue mission. They need all of us and we're the only term available."

The room goes silent once again and it takes everything to keep the tears of frustration from pouring out of me. Why tonight? Why now? "No." North says and Axel sighs.

"We don't have a choice." Axel says.

Several other guys open their mouths to speak but I interrupt them. "Go. People need saving and you all are the people to do it. I'll be fine here. I'm just gonna go to sleep and probably lay around tomorrow. I'll text you all and I promise I'm fine." I say it all but it is a complete lie. I don't want them to go. I want them to stay. I want to fall asleep wrapped up in one of their arms with them telling me everything will be okay.

"Sang we can't just-" I interrupts before  Sean gets any farther.

"You can send Uncle or Phil to check on me if you want. Or your mom Kota. Also Sean tell your mom I said by for me. She's probably already halfway towards the airport but tell her I appreciate everything she did. You too Kota." I say and they nod but nobody moves.

"Owen and I could probably use some space too ya know. We will end up ripping each other's heads off and probably saying things we don't mean. We should just have some time to cool off. I'll be safe here." I promise and that sends the guys into action. They don't want another incident like last time.

The guys head straight for the door so I assume they have suitcases packed for emergencies. I follow them out, still in my dress and heels. They get to the door and turn to face me. "Sang we can stay. It isn't an issue." Gabe says and I can tell he wants me to tell them to stay but I don't.

"Nope you need to go help people. Be safe. I will too." I say while basically pushing them out the door. I don't want them to see me crying. I don't even know how I'm getting them to leave right now, but I think it is because they don't want to have another Sang-Owen confrontation.

I shut the door and lock it then basically throw my heels off and run to my room. I strip off my dress and throw on the first pair of sweatpants and a t shirt that I find. Then I take my hair out of the hairstyle it was in and run my fingers through it before I put it up in a messy bun. I wash all the makeup off my face and then put moisturizer on. Once I am done I check on both kids. They are sleeping peacefully in their rooms, completely clueless to what has happened. I really wish I were.

I make my way back out to the living room and lay down on the couch. I don't then on the TV. I simply lay there and curl up under a blanket. No tears come out of my eyes like I expected.

The truth is I am alone again. Completely and utterly alone as I once again nurse my own wounds late at night before I put on a fake smile tomorrow and pretend everything is okay.

————————————————————
Authors note: I rewrote this chapter at least five times. I couldn't exactly get it to where I wanted it to be but I really hope this is good.

As always I love hearing your opinions. This chapter has not been edited so there will be mistakes.

Thank you so much for all of the support!
This chapter was 9693 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...
20.6K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...
189K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
487K 19.9K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...